Predict Redskins vs. Eagles and QB vs. QB

We're starting to use a new and more robust polling/prediction tool in sports today, and Redskins-Eagles seemed like a logical place to begin. Take a crack at predicting the winner and margin in the game, as well as which QB will throw for more yards. Note: When you vote, you'll have to register with Predictify. I just did it myself, and while it *is* registration, it was pretty quick and non-invasive.

The upside is it tracks and ranks all users' predictions over time -- so if you're good, people will know.

Let us know what you think.

If you can't see the polls above, try these links:

Redskins vs. Eagles

Campbell vs. McNabb

By Jon DeNunzio  |  October 1, 2008; 3:06 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Heyer Not Sure if He Can Play
Next: Zorn Gives Injury Update

Comments

I love the flash video graphical awsomeness.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Whats on second...

Posted by: Stumped1 | October 1, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

love the futureyness

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

alex, no good...for iphone users! cindy, we can't do flash! please thing about poor old us iphone users when you decide to use flash. :(

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Nice. Job has the new super-dooper poll blocked!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the last thread regarding rooting for crappy teams and why:

Alex, if it's broken down like how you did it i'll go with:

Front office/ownership: Indeed all these teams FO and ownership is a complete mess. The Rams hire Haslett as their head coach when their defense is ranked 31st in the league. The Lions are trying but they still let Matt Millen hold post until a couple of weeks ago, when they should've dumped him after the '05 season. The Bengals just keep on keepin' on with the trend with the signing of Cedric Benson. Raiders? Nuff said. And the Cardinals don't spend any money on anyone except Fritzgearld. So I guess i'll go Cards with this one.

Players: Rams have NO defense at ALL. Name me one player besides Chris Long. Didn't think so. You can throw the Bengals in there with the Rams as far as defense IMO. Just try and name one. The Lions are just a little better at defense than either the Rams or Bengals, but I like their offense way better than Rams or Bengals (yeah the Bengals). The Cardinals I rank second because they do have a nasty d-line and a good offense. But their defensive secondary is pure trash. LB's aren't all that better. Boldin, Fritzgearld, James, Warner are the rocks on offense. Hell you can throw in Breaston also as someone to watch for. Make mine the Raiders. Decent to good defense. Improving QB with an AT4 attached to his shoulder. THREE starting RB's in McFadden, Bush, and Fargas. Young and improving o-line.

Stadiums: I agree you must play in the elements. Some of my favorite games to watch are when it's snowing like crazy during the game (Tuck rule game). So I'd go with the Bengals because they have it all -- wind, rain, chill, snow, sunshine, fog.

Uniforms: Again, gotta go with the Bengals. Alex, you play Madden, so you know the different types of uniforms they have on there. Not including uniforms from the early 90's on back, they have 7 or 8, right?

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 3:16 PM

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Dealer1,

I'll add links to the prediction pages; let me know if that solves the problem ...

Jon

Posted by: Jon DeNunzio | October 1, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, I did not know that Iphones don't do flash! Deal braeker for a videographer like me.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Alex Trebek: Welcome back to "Celebrity Jeopardy". Before we begin the Double Jeopardy round, I'd like to ask our contestants once again to please refrain from using ethnic slurs. That said, let's take a look at the scores. Sean Connery has set a new "Jeopardy" record with -$230,000.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 1, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

The polls were blocked on my machine too.
But not the links.

Posted by: Stumped1 | October 1, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Red, was the bengals in your list? that would revise my list a bit too. I think they have the worst managment though, cheep pluss they dont look at charature when picking players. They do have a nice stadium too, but I am not a big fan of the new jersies but agree they are creative. I think I would still pick Oakland overall, young prospects in QB and RB makes em fun to watch if nothing else.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Greg, what's up with Connery? Does he have a history? If so, I had no idea.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Los charts are mucho coolo. (hyuk)

But who the F thinks the Iggles are going to get more passing yards on us w/ Westbrook out?

I would think the secondary will be focusing on the pass...and given last week should have some success.

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

thanks jon!!!

alex, yes, it's a pi$ $ing contest between adobe and apple.

adobe to apple: here use this player for the iphone.

apple: no, thanks. we can develop our own flash player for iphone.

and thus we wait...we can't access any of tv network web sites, any website that has flash... just youtube.

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Dealer,
That totally sucks. I am a Mac man, and know that Adobe suposedly is really compeating now in the video editing software market with CS4 and their sweet hybreding of all their different sofwares to cross reference eachother. Most of that stuff ends up be due to them owning flash. But I would not get it if I didn't think that people could not do flash on the iphones

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Red, thats a SNL skit.

Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 1, 2008 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Red, thats a SNL skit.

Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek.

Alex Trebek: The answer was "Red". Mr. Donahue, you are at -$7,200; Mr. Reynolds.. you seem to have broken your buzzer.. and Mr. Brando, you're naked from the waist down. Let's just move on to "Final Jeopardy". I tell you what, let's just forget the question. All you have to do to win the game is write down the current year. What year it is right now. [ the "Final Jeopardy" theme plays, as the contestants barely make an effort to write down an answer ] It's a number. What year is it this year? It starts with a "19". [ Alex approaches the contestants to check their answers ] Okay, let's see what we've got. Mr. Donahue appears to have written way too much.. in fact, he's still going on. Let's see what he's got so far. [ a lengthy monologue appears on his screen ] Not even close.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 1, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

"I have the weatherman's HEAD!"

"Oh, the teleprompters are working again..."

I love that skit.

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dealer1 | October 1, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I loved this Predictify window on Washington Post! Very easy to use and great service. Thanks folks!

Posted by: vjwpost | October 1, 2008 7:51 PM | Report abuse