Devin Thomas eager to help offense and showcase himself

The Redskins will be without quarterback Donovan McNabb (left ankle) in their third preseason game, usually the one in which starters play into the third quarter.

Washington will face the New York Jets on Friday at New Meadowlands Stadium after struggling on offense in last week's 23-3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, and McNabb has acknowledged he is still learning Coach Mike Shanahan's offense. Wide receiver Devin Thomas is among the players who will look to backup quarterback Rex Grossman to help the offense make strides with the regular season drawing closer.

"It doesn't really change anything for me at all, it's just another chance for me to showcase what I can do no matter who's back there," Thomas said. "I have a lot of faith in Rex and he's proven."

Thomas has continued to work hard despite being low on the depth chart at X receiver, or split end, throughout training camp and the preseason. Thomas views Friday's game as a chance to "really just keep developing my game. This is the third time to play live football. Any opportunity you get against another opponent just brings that competition out of you."

"You always want to get a chance to get a vibe with No. 5," Thomas said. "But I'm gonna let him rest his ankle. As long he's ready by game one that's all that really matters."

By Jason Reid  |  August 26, 2010; 8:00 AM ET
Categories:  Devin Thomas , Donovan McNabb , Preseason schedule , Rex Grossman
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins are NFL's second most valuable team
Next: Rex Grossman looking to bounce back against Jets

Comments

Shanahan must really believe in Thomas as do I. Otherwise, I can't see a reason why we wouldn't have brought in any other recievers.

Posted by: MadeRED | August 26, 2010 8:08 AM | Report abuse

Yada yada yada. This fellow sure talks a lot for a backup. Hope he's working on the listening part of the equation.

Posted by: creativefunk | August 26, 2010 8:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TimmySmith36 | August 26, 2010 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Show me something besides AH, DT, or MK. These threads are getting beyond old and boring. They are DOA.

Posted by: hessone | August 26, 2010 8:14 AM | Report abuse

The reason why they have not brought in any other receivers is because there are no good wrs sitting at home this time of year. The Redskins do not have to trade for one either. I have not seen one positive thing about Thomas coming from the coaching staff nor from any of his performances. People are talking about Armstrong not Thomas. When you are being beat out by a guy whose only pro experiences came on the Odessa Roughnecks and Dallas Desperados you know your career is heading towards fail.

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TimmySmith36 | August 26, 2010 8:14 AM |

Uh, I think the O-Line had more to do with Johnson's performance than anything else.

Posted by: hessone | August 26, 2010 8:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:16 AM |

Co-Sign on that one.

Posted by: hessone | August 26, 2010 8:19 AM | Report abuse

1117, here you go...facts and quotes and stuff...but bury your head in the sand..

"His attitude has been great," Shanahan said the other day. "He's working hard. I think he's said it best: You've got to go out there everyday and prove yourself and you've got to do the little things the right way. He's gone out there, he's worked and he's tried to improve in every area. I like his attitude. I like his work ethic."

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 8:22 AM | Report abuse

Playing the Ravens pretty much means you are not going to run the ball very well. Probably the same thing this week going against the Jets. People keep saying there was no burst from Johnson. There was no where to burst. CP was going nowhere on Saturday night either. Looking good against Buffalo is a far cry from looking good against the Ravens and the Jets.

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:23 AM | Report abuse

Don't sleep on Santana. He is gonna have a good year. Seems like he is all healed up from those hammy issues. Hows 85-1100-8 sound?

Posted by: FedorEm | August 26, 2010 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Shanny has said a couple times that he likes DT's work ethic and approach in practices/OTAs.

People just need to get over the fact that DT is not an instant-impact starter. I know we spent a high draft pick on him and would love for him to be the second coming of Larry Fitzgerald, but it's not happening. Deal with reality.

He still has value as a special teams guy, he can be a nice weapon in 3 or 4 receiver sets, and he still has room to grow.

Posted by: p1funk | August 26, 2010 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

A coach saying that a player works hard and has a good attitude is like saying a fat chick has a great personality. Nothing in his comments did he portray confidence that Thomas was a going to be a valuable contributor to the offense.

"He's tried to improve" means he has not improved and it is not from lack of effort.

Typically when a coach is confident in a guys development he will say something like "he has worked hard and gotten better every day".

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

um....

potatoe

potato

tomato

tomatoe.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:23 AM | Report abuse

Not sure which game you were watching last week. CP looked good on his only 2 carries of the night.

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 26, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

No faith in LJ,Parker, or for that matter...Portis. Torain and the LSU kid look like specialty players, but could still be valuable. Man this team looks so very old.

Posted by: carlhimmelright | August 26, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

oe, yeah, I saw portis rip off a 9/10 yard run...versus I saw LJ not coming close to that....I also saw LJ COMPLETELY whiff, ole, on a block that got DMac killed....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Hey guy's, how about FDavis and his hands of stone ? He dropped a TD for sure against the Ravens. I'm thinking $nyder's three picks DT, MK, and FD combined haven't done squat as of today. And FDavis seems to get a ton of praise on this board.

SHOW ME SOMETHING !!!!!

Posted by: hessone | August 26, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

There was no where to burst. CP was going nowhere on Saturday night either.

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:23 AM

Clinton Portis -- 2 rushes, 14 yards
Larry Johnson -- 8 rushes, 4 yards

Look, even Johnson has admitted that he had a bad night. He's not blaming the line.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Totally agree with your opinion on Thomas. I think the kid is always looking to break off a long run. He just doesn't seem interested in catching a ball for the small gains. Seems immature, and will never be no more than a 3. At least Fred Davis worked out for the skins.

Posted by: carlhimmelright | August 26, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Tried to improve and has improved are two completely different things. There has been nothing said that DT has actually improved and there has been nothing in his performance to date to suggest otherwise. Maybe that changes but it certainly does not seem like a logical conclusion. Again, when you are getting out played by Armstrong it does not bode well for your career.

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TimmySmith36 | August 26, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

hess, I saw cooley drop a pass, and I saw moss drop a pass....in the PRE-SEASON...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 8:58 AM | Report abuse

c'mon Hess - Sleepy Davis was the ONLY bright spot last season. He's had good receptions this pre-season.

That 'drop' in the end zone was actually a good play - he kept the LB from an almost guaranteed pic that McNubbin' threw right to him.

I see plenty to complain about with this squad. Fred Davis is not among those complaints.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 26, 2010 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 8:58 AM

And I'm willing to bet they'll drop more passes in the REGULAR SEASON. They're busts!!! Just like every other receiver who ever dropped a pass, starting with Jerry Rice, Art Monk, and Marko Mitchell.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

"Larry Johnson looks like he is finished I didnt see any burst at all and he doesnt have the power to move the line so what else is there?"

I have a hard time seeing him make his team. If Fast Willie does well on Friday I think he locks up that last spot.

LJ can't even pass protect, nor does he play special teams. The couple tiems Portis did come in he was productive, and he can pass block.

- ray

Posted by: rmcazz | August 26, 2010 9:03 AM | Report abuse

It just seems like JReid really wants to write a nice long story about DT, not just a blog post...He can't do that as long as DT is playing poorly

Posted by: Salinas1 | August 26, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Salinas1 | August 26, 2010 9:08 AM

DT is probably one of his inside sources, although he's of questionable value as a source since he sleeps through all the good stuff. At least Fred Davis was sleeping at his hotel, not in the coaches' faces.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 9:12 AM | Report abuse

I bet Zorn didn't even want to start DT, Vinny and Dan forced him...Players talk about the "special treatment" that was received last year, I don't think they're just referring to Portis not practicing. I think they may be referring to DT and MK getting the shot at starting without proving their worth first.

Posted by: Salinas1 | August 26, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

nice...a zorn reference...all we need now is a Leigh Torrence / Marcus Mason reference, and we can close up shop for the day.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Salinas1 | August 26, 2010 9:18 AM

Each one started only 10 games last year. Who did Zorn have that was better? ARE?

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget Antonio Pierce!!

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 26, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:22 AM

Technically correct, but only because I made the Marko Mitchell reference earlier. Can also substitute a Chase Daniel reference for either LT or MM.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

"Although the team has confidence in Grossman, Thomas said, players are disappointed about McNabb's injury."

They'd better get used to playing with Rex as McNabb gets hurt a lot.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 26, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

zorn also stated he wanted routes run perfectly....

I mean...seriously...Jim Zorn...thats what you went to salinas....Jim Zorn....really??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget Antonio Pierce!!

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 26, 2010 9:27 AM

He's passed into the Seniors Committee, like Chris Hanburger with the HOF. He's reserved for the blog elders like Cork and Diesel44.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Shoot, he probably wanted Vinny to go out and get J. Galloway...and anyway, he had AA on the practice sqaud

Posted by: Salinas1 | August 26, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

zorn also stated he wanted routes run perfectly....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

You think Thomas deserved to start last year, and magically he's third string this year?

Posted by: Salinas1 | August 26, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

salinas, my bigger point is that any time you use Jim, swinging gate/routes run perfectly/ignore fred davis for a year and a half, Zorn as a reference point...you FAIL....just like he did...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

You're weak...get a life

Posted by: Salinas1 | August 26, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:42 AM

This is Beantown's Law, Sort of like the Corollary to Godwin's Law -- "whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically "lost" whatever debate was in progress."

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Has Shanny said who the “starters” at WR will be this week? If Galloway gets another start and comes away with zero catches again I hope Shanny will not keep the guy around for much longer…….

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 26, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 26, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Man, these reporters are pathetic. Do you think someone could have asked him about sleeping in the training room per Brandon Banks' twitter? When you consider his comments in light of that little tidbit, it really makes it seem like he's just doing the PR thing. I am not sold on DT. He's all talk. Get him out of there. Let's move on with some guys that are less concerned about image and more concerned about playing football. Give me a five brown baggers like Armstrong at wide receiver and I'll be happy.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 26, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

You're weak...get a life

right...you've got nothing...thanks...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

For CL:

"

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 26, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

"Heesone you usually have some valid input and I love to bash Vinny but Fred Davis was a good pickup I cant deny him that."

Fred Davis is a talented guy, but he juggles a lot of passes. That's OK if no one hits you and you eventually pull them in, but "double-catching" passes can end in disaster if you get drilled and the ball pops out. He needs to be more sure-handed if he's ever going to rank among the better pass-catching tight ends.

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | August 26, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

can you ladies wipe the pee off tha seat when you're done?

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 26, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Anthony Armstrong > Devin Thomas
Devin Thomas = Rod Gardner

Posted by: coparker5 | August 26, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Anthony Armstrong > Devin Thomas
Devin Thomas = Rod Gardner

Posted by: coparker5 | August 26, 2010 10:05 AM

Ahhh, Rod Gardner. A trip down memory lane. It's amazing how mediocre the overwhelming majority of our wideouts have been pretty much since the Fun Bunch... and it's not like we haven't drafted high and traded for them.

Posted by: Alan4 | August 26, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

1 week from today = real college football games
2 weeks from today = NFL Kickoff game

Good times are coming soon!

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 26, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

In case some have forgotten

Fred Davis 2009 stats
48 receptions
509 yds with 10.6 AVG
6 TDs
and 0 fumbles

and that my friends wasnt even a full season so save the hate for real BUSTS like MK

Posted by: TimmySmith36 | August 26, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Salinas1 | August 26, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Come on, now?

Snyder forced Zorn to start DT or MK? As opposed to who, Antwaan Randle El (immediately cut by Shanahan) or Marko Mitchell (also cut by Shanahan).

Some people really need to get over their hatred of Snyder. It entirely blinds their judgment.

Posted by: psps23 | August 26, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget Antonio Pierce!!

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 26, 2010 9:27 AM |

3...2...1...Marko Mitchell

Also, here's the wiki link for 2010 win/loss predictions, use it:

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 26, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Don't forget Antonio Pierce!!

Posted by: oh_boy1 | August 26, 2010 9:27 AM |

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 26, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 26, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

HOW MANY cuts from other teams are we going to sign to replace our guys now playing in these preseason games to finalize our 53 roster?

Posted by: artsnsportz | August 26, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Mr Thomas, I doubt you've read this:

Armstrong is making strong bid for roster

see:

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 26, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: artsnsportz | August 26, 2010 10:20 AM

Two. But I can't give you their names just yet.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Must Read:

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 26, 2010 9:49 AM

Wow, that is a good article. What I like about Anthony Armstrong, he quoted Robert Frost, and he runs a 4.25 40. What I don't like, he is 5'11 and only 185 lbs. Sounds like he is getting high praise...if he makes the squad and ends up being a go to receiver, I hope that he can stay healthy.

And beep-beep, that earlier post about receivers dropping passes and being busts was fantastic....until you mentioned Marko Mitchell. Let it go man. Marko Mitchell is not walking through that door.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | August 26, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Hey srobert1117, read or listen closely , Shanahan has publicly praised Devin Thomas with his play on the field an work ethic. Some of you fans or fanatics are ridiculuous. Devin will be fine he is still young I think he would be a senior this year in college but he has an enourmous upside an I think having him as a kickoff returner is wise. I would put him back there with Brandon Banks.
Armstrong is good an will make the team but its a stretch to say he is more productive or valuable then Devin . Armstrong an Devin will be on the 53 man roster

Posted by: BeatDontStop | August 26, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

.... I have not seen one positive thing about Thomas coming from the coaching staff nor from any of his performances. People are talking about Armstrong not Thomas. When you are being beat out by a guy whose only pro experiences came on the Odessa Roughnecks and Dallas Desperados you know your career is heading towards fail.

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:16 AM
------------------------------------------
I disagree on performance part. DT11 has shown somethings...made a couple nice catches..and he blocks good!...its true "people" are talking about Armstrong not "coaches" and they are only answering questions....so don't count DT11 as failing or out..

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 26, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: artsnsportz | August 26, 2010 10:20 AM
------------------------------------------
not many...teams don't cut good players...most of those who get cut from other teams would have got cut here...we have good players..enough to make our own 53 without picking up players who were cut

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 26, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: HokiesSkins | August 26, 2010 10:25 AM

Not a big supporter of Marko, personally, but I threw that in there to remind the people who are his supporters. Those are the ones who read these posts by moving their fingers across the screen and saying each word out loud.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 26, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

I'm not understanding the get rid of DT crowd. Why would you want to move from a player that's starting to understand what a professional WR is. Remember this is the best coaching, best offense, etc that the triplets have gotten since they were drafted.

Posted by: TWISI | August 26, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Devin Thomas is the second coming of Rod Gardner, 50-50!

Posted by: SkinsFan37years | August 26, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: dlhaze1 | August 26, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

cuts from other teams? Skins should consider picking up an outside LB that has actually played some outside LB, a RB, a WR, and a guard.

Posted by: coparker5 | August 26, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

DT can't catch the ball.

Posted by: SkinsFan37years | August 26, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Hey BeatDontSTop. Read very closely. Thomas has done nothing in his first two years to warrant optimism. He has done nothing in the preseason this year to warrant optimism. You can keep making excuses for DT but he has been invisible on the field. He was outperformed on Saturday by Armstrong, Moss, Williams, Banks and Wade. What is your excuse for that? You fanatics that keep waiting for a player to finally turn the corner up to the time they are released are pathetic. See Colt Brennan, JC, MM and the list goes on.

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

@HokieSkins
"....What I don't like is he's 5'11 and only 185lbs...."
~~
Sigh...what's not to like? For me the perfect size range for successful WRs is from 5-9 (ie,Steve Smith, Santana Moss) to 6-2( (ie,Devin Thomas, Dwayne Bowe). When receivers fall out of that range-they need to be "Freaky". Brandon Banks is 5-7, but he's "freaky quick and fast". Andre Johnson is 6-3,but "freaky" fast @4.38 and freaky strong. Randy Moss is 6-4,but he had 4.2 "freaky" speed to go along with "freaky" hands.
IMO Some personnel guys have forgotten how freaky Moss is and the entire league has been trying to find him again for 11 years-hence picks like Alex Bannister,Tyrone Calico,Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams and Malcolm Kelly, 6-4 guys who look the part, but who don't have his specialness.
In the arms race between WRs and DBs, Armstrong's size should be a perfect counter-punch, all these teams trying to get bigger, bigger, bigger at WR have caused bigger DBs to happen accordingly. I always thought this is partially why Steve Smith suceeded the way he has-he's small with "freaky" hand-eye coordination,competitiveness,physicality and toughness.
Man,have times changed, 5'11, 185lbs with 4.2 speed used to make a player a top ten draft pick.

Posted by: ArmchairGM | August 26, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

i think/hope that thomas and kelly will have breakout seasons this year. kelly's health may be problematic, but between coach keenan mccardell and the two new vets brought in to teach them HOW to play and compete, our passing attack should be very good to excellent. however, ANY success is gonna depend on consistent blocking for both the running & passing attacks. some of you critics continue to think in a "star system" mode instead of in "let's try to have an all-around strong TEAM" mode with a couple focal points on both sides of the line like New England, Baltimore, Indianapolis, among others. stars are nice to have, but good blocking and tackling wins the majority of most games.

Posted by: dcjazzman | August 26, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

@srobert1117
~~
You don't remember DT making an excellent hands catch on a slant from split-end against the Ravens? Well, he did after Armstrong made a sharp catch on a slant.
~~
@coparker
"...Skins should consider picking up an outside LB that has actually played some outside LB..."
Couldn't agree more-one of the more skin-crawling sights already for me is seeing L.Alexander or A.Carter lost in space on defense this preseason. We have a hodgepodge of bodies at LB. Rocky McIntosh was inpressive on inside blitzes-covering screens,circle passes,passes to the flat-not so much. L.Flecther is a middle LB. Blades is a natural middle also, too-small to play strongside OLB at 5-8(that's why it was stunning to see him try it last year against 6-4 B.Celek,6-5 J.Witten, 6-6 K.Boss, and 6-7 M.Bennett.)

Perry Riley, Curtis Gatewood and Robert Henson really need to make the team,step up and become at least, serviceable back-up OLBs & not just special teamers.
I've said it before- I've been tired of Jason Witten catching that backbreaking 24-yard shallow cross on 3 & 9 when we needed to hold the Cowboys to a punt, for 9 soon to be 10 years now.

Posted by: ArmchairGM | August 26, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

@dcjazzman
~~~
What's Up-Jazz...man- Agreed. We shouldn't underestimate how much McCardell is going to help the receivers. The Raiders would've gotten more out of their young'uns, Heyward-Bey and Murphy had they brought in a veteran WR to help mentor them.
The star system guys can trip me out. I think brownwood stays on this joint talking about acquiring V.Jackson, a WR we just don't need. A good idea, if AH would behave for about a month or two would be to see if the Patriots are interested in trading O.Gaurd Logan Mankins, but AH acting like a locker-room knucklehead probably nixes that idea.

Posted by: ArmchairGM | August 26, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe we haven't had Marvin Harrison in for at least a look. You can't tell me he isn't better than everyone else on our team except Moss. For that matter, if we were going to bring in all these 2nd and 3rd teir guys, why wouldn;t we have kept ARE? He had a good season last year, would now have had a QB to play with, was a great locker room guy, one of the hardest workers on the team. He was not fast and was highly over rated as a punt returner, but he too was better than everyone one this team except Santana.

Maybe he told Mike he was done here and wanted to be released, I don't know. i tell you the other guy that is probably in shape that this team could use. Fred Smoot. he was a sure tackler and a decent cover guy, and wasn't afraid to tackle. Exactly what you want in a back up FS. He probably can't go at corner anymore, but FS we could really use him.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | August 26, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Must Read:

Posted by: 4thFloor

"That was as close as Armstrong got until now. After the Dolphins cut him last summer, Redskins director of pro personnel Morocco Brown signed Armstrong to Washington's practice squad in later October."

Another off the radar gem found by Morocco Brown. I hope Bruce Allen has the good sense to keep this guy around a while.

Posted by: Predator48 | August 26, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Maybe jreid will play fantasy football. Then, maybe he would look around at other nfl cities' insider reports and see what they are supposed to look like.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | August 26, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Has "1117" been watching any Redskins football lately? Has he even been on the message boards at all?

I have been reading your comments and I will disect most of them starting now:

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Not true, at all! How can you speculate that his career is heading toward failure? Are you underestimating the opportunities that were presented to Armstrong prior to his breakout preseason numbers? Armstrong is proven, albeit in another league. DT had one good year of college and two terrible years of distrust from a moronic head coach (see Jim Zorn). As for the comments, I think BeantownGreg informed the uniformed (that's you)!

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:23 AM | Report abuse

Ok, I can agree with you on the Ravens and Jets defenses, however, CP only had 2 carries, and they were for 14 total yards! How is that not a burst? As for LJ, he did have a rough night, as did the O-Line! Please start watching the games!

Posted by: srobert1117 | August 26, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Since when did you become a head coach of an NFL team?? How do you know that when a coach says something, that he actually means something else? Every comment that you made on here lets me further know that your fanhood is in question! Whats your beef with DT? He can only play with the opportunities that he is given. If you paid attn to the game, DT got some looks and capitalized on most of them. He is gaining the trust of a true "HEAD COACH" and that's all that matters. When DT wants to be coached up by YOU, He will call you! Otherwise, stop coaching from your lazyboy!!!

Posted by: myeldell | August 26, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse