Redskins' times, dates for preseason games are announced

Updated at 2:32 p.m.

The NFL announced today specific dates and kickoff times for preseason games. And, in case you were wondering, the Redskins' preseason finale in Phoenix still makes little sense.

Here's what the Redskins have to look forward to:

Friday, Aug. 13, 7:30 p.m.: Buffalo at Redskins
Saturday, Aug. 21, 7 p.m.: Baltimore at Redskins
Friday, Aug. 27, 7 p.m.: Redskins at N.Y. Jets
Thursday, Sept. 2, 10 p.m.: Redskins at Arizona

Out with the old ...

If it seemed to you that the Redskins are tearing up a lot of things and starting over, well, we have some photographic evidence. The team's official blogger, Matt Terl, reports today that with minicamp over, the Redskins are digging up the old practice field and laying down new grass.There are no on-field activities scheduled for this week and players report for the first offseason training activity next Monday.

By Rick Maese  |  May 10, 2010; 2:23 PM ET
Categories:  Preseason schedule
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Brian Orakpo may stand to benefit from Brian Cushing's suspension
Next: Joey Galloway brings experience, leadership to Redskins' WRs

Comments

Super Bowl!

Posted by: Mike4169 | May 10, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

With that schedule, how are you supposed to get better, esp. the Bills -- the junior varsity of the NFL?

Posted by: dcsween | May 10, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Skins will go 1-3 this preseason... book it.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 10, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

maybe not

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Hens love roosters,
Geese love ganders,
Everyone else loves Ned Flanders

Posted by: dcsween | May 10, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

premature much?

Posted by: RedDMV | May 10, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

The preseason always scares the sh!t out of me.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Skins will go 1-3 this preseason... book it.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 10, 2010 2:34 PM

No one will ever top Spurrier's undefeated preseason. At least, let's hope not. "Okay, you've seen everything I've got. Five times. Now try to stop it!"

Posted by: beep-beep | May 10, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP)

Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton and Evgeni Nabokov shouldered the brunt of the criticism for San Jose's past postseason failures.

It's only fitting that those three are the biggest reason why the Sharks are headed back to the Western Conference finals for the first time in six years.

With Zeke looking on from his perch high above the pivotal play, Thornton set up Marleau for the tiebreaking goal 6:59 into the third period and Nabokov bounced back from a Game 4 shellacking to help the Sharks eliminate the two-time defending Western Conference champion Detroit Red Wings with a 2-1 victory Saturday night in Game 5 of their second-round series.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

premature much?

Posted by: RedDMV | May 10, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Not when I'm drunk. Morning is a different story.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Cowboys will go all the way. Why the hell would the Rams trade them Alex Barron for a no good Bobby Carpenter??? First I hear Felix Jones is starting,2nd they draft Dez Bryant.Now they get a young capable prospect @ a weak position for BOBBY CARPENTER(a.k.a. Brian Cushing with out steroids) Its like they keep getting better and better!!!

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Shut the F#CK up and get off this blog.

BTW Alex Barron sucks, he's another offensive linemen that false starts all the time. Dallas will be 7-9

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I like J-pop, moo, I like justa bout like anything Japanese (the goth chicks are DEATH, just death), but bein' an ol' punker, my tendency is more towards J-punk, like Framtid and the Stalin..

What NFL genius booked the Skins to travel 6000 miles roundtrip to Arizona in freakin' summer?? Sounds like a Hunter Thompson adventure..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Frak with the HST reference! Nice. Frak always brings it!

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

I have to laugh. I woke up this morning and came to the realization that it was a dream where AH publicly announced he would attend the next OTA.

I've clearly been reading too many JReid articles.

Funny part is that I felt a sense of relief when I woke up until I realized it was just a dream.

Anyway...had to share. My wife just thinks I'm weird for caring, but I know you all understand! ;)

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | May 10, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak

Especially since the AZ cops will be checking to make sure our guys are citizens. Would suck if some of our guys are here illegally.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

"The Associated Press is discussing whether to strip Cushing of the award."

Don't they sorta have to?

Of course, this doesn't mean B Orakpo will get props (and who would want it to come as a reult of a guy screwing up anyways?).

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

frak, it stinks to make that trip, but it's way better than having to play a game overseas.

And it'll kick off at 10pm Eastern so most of youse will have extra drinking time beforehand.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 10, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

"Everyone else loves Ned Flanders"

Me?: my favorite Simpsons' character is Moe, of course.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, at least it's in an ACed dome. It's really a nice venue! They may have a worse time in the NYsummer humidity.

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | May 10, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 2:41 PM |

Because they wanted to get rid of a first round bust with a weak work ethic and Dallas was the only team in the league stupid enough to give them more than a ham sandwich for the guy.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 10, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

I would love Orakpo to go against Barron. Barron is highly overrated especially at LT. Beyond all the false starts, his technique at L is poor. Orakpo will beat time and again first with his speed rush and then with his power. With Free and Barron, I think the boys are vulnerable at LT.

Posted by: TWISI | May 10, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | May 10, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait to see Orakpo and Carter play smeer the queer with Tony Homo.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 2:44 PM

the potty training clip the other day was the tell...

not so into J-punk. Shibuya-kei sets the mood for me. spinning up some Flipper's Guitar and Cornelius as I get back to work and pour another homemade chelada.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Thanks zeke. Thanks for pouring salt in the still-too-fresh wound of the monumental Caps collapse.

Just remember dude, your Redskins were a pathetic 4-12 last year.

Oh, wait...crap.

Posted by: 4-12 | May 10, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC2AZ99

Oh yeah, I forgot they don't play in that Arizona St. flamepit anymore..But whoever booked 'em to travel 6000 miles the week before the opener has gotta be a Cowboys fan..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Shone Knife! The Boredoms!

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

chrislarry, STEP UP AND RECEIVE YOUR CHELADA!! Shonen Knife rock, fo'sho'..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | May 10, 2010 2:56 PM

Point taken but Bobby Carpenter is not even worth a ham sandwich

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 2:49 PM

They'll be profiling placekickers, but pick up Flozell if you really want to see some illegal motion.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 10, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Shut the F#CK up and get off this blog.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 2:44 PM |

Your arrogance blinds you my young padiwon

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Guitar Wolf! Teengenerate! The 5678s!

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Skins will go 1-3 this preseason... book it.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 10, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

That's the best scenario, Nate, now that MM is gone.

Posted by: frediefritz | May 10, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Shut the F#CK up and get off this blog.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 2:44 PM |

Your arrogance blinds you my young padiwon

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Dallas hasn't gotten better this offseason. They drafted Dez Bryant. He might be the next Mike Williams or Charles Rogers.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Shone Knife! The Boredoms!

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 3:06 PM

chrislarry, STEP UP AND RECEIVE YOUR CHELADA!! Shonen Knife rock, fo'sho'..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 3:08 PM

Guitar Wolf! Teengenerate! The 5678s!

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 3:11 PM

MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Shonen Knife is much closer to what I like than frak's other candidates, but really dig the noise-rock of The Boredoms.

and CL, you're killing me here... GREAT STUFF!

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

4thFloor is somewhere sobbing uncontrollably... probably crying while violently ripping the Cushing posters off his wall...

Posted by: RedDMV | May 10, 2010 1:46 PM

I'm good. Already addressed the issue.

At the end of the day....I know plenty of my and your fave players are shooting up or injesting up. I don't care really.

Just win is my motto.....

It would be F'd up if they took his honors away though....Whose to say who they giveit to will test positive at a later point.....Or just get away with it....

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 10, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Your arrogance blinds you my young padiwon

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 3:10 PM

The word you were searching for is padawan. Young? Yes. Padawan? Not until you learn to spell it. Or maybe you mean patty-cakes.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 10, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

The Ruins, The Blue Hearts!

(I know I am only entertaining a few people, but hey it can't be the finer points of Common all day!)

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 1:40 PM

Thanks moodly!

Posted by: dlhaze1 | May 10, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

The Ruins, The Blue Hearts!

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 3:22 PM

will never get any work done today! the list goes on and on and on...

for those of you who aren't tuned in, trying turning your radio knob past the proverbial 11.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

That's a good question.

I mean, those Rams tackles have done such an awesome job protecting the Qb these past couple years...why in the world would they want to get rid of him?

Maybe they want Sam Bradford to last a whole season?

Posted by: p1funk | May 10, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC2AZ99

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

That's no lie, frak.

I was in the old stadium to watch Darrell Green's last game in AZ and it was hot even then (I think it was October or November).

Wound up in a brawl against 8-10 guys after they chucked their half-eaten food at me because I was holding up Skins/Green signs and we were winning. Of course, who was the only one kicked out of the stadium? That's right. My girlfriend (Now wife) and I were escorted out amongst gears and people throwing their beers on me while my Skins jersey was in shreds barely hanging on my body. I never felt prouder to be a Skins fan (is that wrong?)!!

Needless to say, I don't miss that stadium.

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | May 10, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 3:16 PM

Don't under estimate your opponent.Dez Bryant will Be the Cockboys #1 WR by the start of next saeson. He will have a very decent rookie season and be there # 2 WR b4 halfway through this season. The Cowgirls are clearly the favorites in the NFC east(maybe the entire NFC). Sorry i "keeps it real" Because bias is another word for IDIOT...

You see how i can write all that but still say ....GO SKINS!

Posted by: Juninho | May 10, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

For the record I'm pro-taser.

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 10, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

LOL I bet Adam Carriker is looking forward to a shot at Alex Barron.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 10, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

DC2AZ99, dude, you rawk!! Hail..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

as long as people are talking Japanese bands, let me throw two of my faves out there that haven't been mentioned:

Polysics (great spaz rock)

Boris (great stoner rock)

Posted by: manifested | May 10, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Sorry i "keeps it real" Because bias is another word for IDIOT...

I thought it was another word for "not objective"

And that's when keeping it real goes wrong.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

LOL I bet Adam Carriker is looking forward to a shot at Alex Barron.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 10, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

What other options at tackle did they have?

Posted by: p1funk | May 10, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Carpenter-for-Barron deal gets done
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 10, 2010 3:16 PM ET
The Dallas Cowboys and St. Louis Rams have reportedly completed a trade in which the teams are swapping former first-round draft picks.

Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com reports that the trade was completed on Monday.

Barron, a 2005 first-round pick, and Carpenter, a 2006 first-round pick, have both been disappointments. Barron has started 74 games (including all 16 last year) but has been prone to missed assignments and penalties. And Carpenter has only started three games and never made an impact on defense.

In St. Louis Carpenter will have a chance to compete for a starting position that he never earned in Dallas. Barron will challenge Doug Free for the starting job at left tackle.

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 10, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

"It's going to be interesting to see who comes out on top in the NFC West with Warner gone."

Who will win the west?

NFC (in order):

Niners, Cards, 'Hawks, Rams

AFC (in order):

Chargers, Raiders, Broncos, Chiefs

Points:

Leinhart will disappoint.

Beanie Wells will get a shot and do well.

Alex Smith will 'get-it' as he, Crabtree and Davis have a fine season.

Jason Campbell will make Al Davis look smart.

Pete Carroll will ask why there's bowl game when you finish 6-10.

Tim Tebow will beat out Orton.

Folks will ask, "Why did we trade Brandon Marshall again?"

Josh McDaniel will be fired.

The best thing in Kansas City is the ribs.

And that ain't sayin' much, bro'.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

"Thursday, Sept. 2, 10 p.m.: Redskins at Arizona"

Obviously, DC TV ratings are not a concern for the NFL... On the plus side, it's the 4th game and the starters might play till 10:30. But how am I going to be able to follow the next Marko Mitchel if the 4th quarter is on at 1AM on a week night?

What ever happened to the getting rid of a couple of the practice games idea?

Posted by: amaranthpa | May 10, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Preseason games sound pretty mandatory. How about playing AH on every play in every defensive series of the preseason? That should get him in shape and up-to-speed on the D. If Shanny's feeling especially punitive, maybe he could stick Al in there on some teams, too.

Posted by: closer44 | May 10, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

I told y'all... Katy Perry #1 on Maxim's list. You wouldn't know it by the face, but the tig ol's more than make up for it.

Posted by: Rypien11 | May 10, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | May 10, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Huh. I never knew Katy Perry had it like that.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 10, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

"How about playing AH on every play in every defensive series of the preseason?"

How 'bout getting rid of 2 preseason games, and making them regular season deals?

The starters hardly ever play in the preason, and if you notice, the whole league's play is bad up to around the 3rd game.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Anybody need tickets??... tickets for sale...

Posted by: gixxer998 | May 10, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

"...How about playing AH on every play in every defensive series of the preseason? That should get him in shape and up-to-speed on the D...."
Posted by: closer44

hhmmmm...interesting. love it. i guess, practically speaking, you'd have to weigh that vs. chances of injury....darn....

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | May 10, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Frank Frazetta, RIP.

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

I thot the 5678's changed their name to Vonage?!

...and I'm out. gday tuya.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 10, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 10, 2010 3:18 PM

Kinda like giving Pete Rose or Mark McGwire a hard time about their ... missteps.

Forget about it. 4th Floor is cross-eyed ... can't tell the difference between talent and juice.

Posted by: dcsween | May 10, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Polysics (great spaz rock)

Boris (great stoner rock)

Posted by: manifested | May 10, 2010 3:45 PM

The HaveNots. Kickin.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 10, 2010 3:57 PM

MOL! all of these work for me, Polysics a little more...

the thing I like most about Shibuya-kei is that it made something new out of different influences cribbed from around the world, especially ye-ye.

in any case, looks like our focus is wandering away from the 'skins, and toward J-pop and Katy Perry.

good and useful things to discuss, since AH is verboten. but we need something new to shake things up around here.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

"But it does suggest that Dallas didn't think much of their other options at tackle.

Posted by: Samson151"

I think it's more about adding depth to their line in the wake of losing Adams. It's not like they're investing a lot in Barron by giving up Carpenter.

I bet Barron doesn't win a starting spot for Dallas this year.

Posted by: psps23 | May 10, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | May 10, 2010 2:33 PM |

Hate to say it but did you notice our record last year?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Frank Frazetta, RIP.

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 4:00 PM

Molly Hatchet owes a deep debt of gratitude on album sales ... based on covers alone.

Best cover-better-than-album winner: Black Oak Arkansas, "Rated X"

Posted by: dcsween | May 10, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

CL, you are just off the charts today, but Frank Frazetta?? That guy could paint muscles for freakin' ever, in impossible places..Thoroughly impressed by RI folks musical acumen, wallet to open for recommends, muchos grazi!! RIP , Frank Creepy..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Hate to say it but did you notice our record last year?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 4:05 PM

Ya know, I was asking 4-12 about that ... and he couldn't remember either.

I think Zorn's play calling cost the Skins 2 or 3 of the games lost by a field goal or less ... and Suisham was responsible for a couple more. Skins weren't as bad as their record ... and Giants were worse than their record.

Posted by: dcsween | May 10, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | May 10, 2010 4:08 PM |

Well, not only Zorn's playcalling but his lack of clock control, preparedness, and player selection. All that should count for a few more wins this year.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Frazetta is my fave artist of the 20th century....Sorta sad now. Oh well.

And of all the J-Rock I mentioned, Teengenerate is my fave.

Posted by: chrislarry | May 10, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

"Everyone else loves Ned Flanders"

Me?: my favorite Simpsons' character is Moe, of course.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 2:52 PM

"Here you go, here I am! Uncle Moe! Thank you, ma'am. This'll be a treat! Uncle Moe, here I am, while you eat! ... Please take the fries off my head, kid. The basket is extremely hot."

Posted by: dcsween | May 10, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Can Albert Haynesworth repair the damage he has done to his relationship with coaches, teammates and fans? ...

Pro Bowl defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth will have a lot of catching up to do if, as expected, he reports for the mandatory minicamp that begins June 16 at Redskins Park. "It's a new system," defensive lineman Phillip Daniels said. "A lot of stuff puttin' in. It's going to be hard to pick this up in just a small amount of time. He's going to have to come in here and really, really study when he gets here. ...

All this public hand wringing over Hayney's absence is a waste of time. It is obvious now in hindsight that signing him was a mistake. Mega million talent hitched to a 10 cent brain. Play him at nose tackle in the 3-4. He can be a space-eating grunt. Not much to learn so missing minis is no biggie. And change the dial on the convo to something that is worth discussing.

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | May 10, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Just remember dude, your Redskins were a pathetic 4-12 last year.

Oh, wait...crap.

Posted by: 4-12

Got no interest in pouring salt into the wounds of Cap fans. Heck, since its over vs DET, I'm even wearing my Motown shirt today. Now I am hoping to pour salt into the wounds of Blackhawk AND Canuck fans.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

And change the dial on the convo to something that is worth discussing.

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | May 10, 2010 4:15 PM

agreed. something about nature abhors a vacuum and all that...

can you suggest any 'skins topics other than AH?

I'm actually ok with the latter, but you're late to the party... positions have been pretty much demarcated all around, and the general consensus seems to be that other folks are tired of that question.

uniforms were a noble effort, but I think that topic was exhausted this weekend.

favorite snacks in the stands (other than beer)?

really, that's about all we have for now.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

i love that we get a strong opponent in the third preseason game. we'll be able to really see what our first stringers look like against a super bowl contender for at least a full half.

Posted by: bcarothers | May 10, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bcarothers | May 10, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | May 10, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Ow, my freaking ears!

Posted by: --swb | May 10, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

here's a topic:

lost in that last flurry of minicamp posts was the mike williams "i get it now" thing. besides the vinny/dockery non-issue is the substance of the matter: looks like williams may develop into something. that could be huge...figuratively speaking.

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | May 10, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Do the Skins ALWAYS have to play the Ravens in the pre-season???

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | May 10, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Orakpo leads the league in sacks this season.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

ok, here's a real winner topic for hamsters who are tired of AH, J-pop, and hip-hop....

"If it seemed to you that the Redskins are tearing up a lot of things and starting over, well, we have some photographic evidence. The team's official blogger, Matt Terl, reports today that with minicamp over, the Redskins are digging up the old practice field and laying down new grass."

WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAA BESSIE !!!

don't just go throwing away good grass like that.

scandalous.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

"my only beef with straight-up J-punk is that it's mostly derivative, with the added novelty of being sung in Japanese."

Moo, your beef is unwarranted, unless you know of some exotic revolutional 2010 thing which isn't derivative..Everything stands on something else's shoulders, or borrows or steals from somewhere else.".Japanese cute" is "cute on acid", which makes J-pop so freakin' hilarious and fun..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

can you suggest any 'skins topics other than AH?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 4:26 PM |

Top Ten Topics Other Than AH

1. Will McNabb be able to do things with the Skins WRs that Campbell couldn't?
4. Will Dono be able to avoid injury during Trent's attrenticeship?
5. Where on the Skins roster are the LBs to play the 3-4? Carter and Orakpo?
6. Will the 3-4 create more turnovers?
7. Will Mike Williams in 2010 be improved enough to start at guard?
8. Will Dono inspire Tana to play hard again?
9. How much improvement will we see in 2010 in the Skins DBs?
10. Whose nutsack is RedDMV hugging now that Marko is gone?

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | May 10, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Minor Beef Dept.: How come the announcer on NFL Replay always has to tell what is going to happen after the commercial break?? And on the same lines, why do cable and satellite providers always have to give the final score in the show description, ruining the potential excitement?? Shirley they lose commercial revenue by spoiling the outcome..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Santana has 1000 yds and 7TD's this season.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Moo, your beef is unwarranted

Posted by: frak

Now that is some quality jibba jabba

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 4:46 PM

trying to moooove on... but nobody wants to discuss practice field turf.

almost everything is derivative, but much of the real creativity is in finding new combinations with appropriate kudos and references to what has come before.

to my ears, J-punk is pretty similar to a lot of what has been done.

but I'm also stuck with these experimental lo-fi cow headphones:

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

1. Will McNabb be able to do things with the Skins WRs that Campbell couldn't? YES
2. How long will Shanahan stick with three over-the-hill RBs before he comes to his senses and looks for youth? NEXT DRAFT
3. How long will it take for Trent to do a passable job at pass protection for Dono? BETTER THAN LAST YEAR? DAY ONE.
4. Will Dono be able to avoid injury during Trent's attrenticeship? MAJOR INJURY? YES
5. Where on the Skins roster are the LBs to play the 3-4? Carter and Orakpo? WILSON
6. Will the 3-4 create more turnovers? YES
7. Will Mike Williams in 2010 be improved enough to start at guard? YES
8. Will Dono inspire Tana to play hard again? HEALED HAMMIES WILL.
9. How much improvement will we see in 2010 in the Skins DBs? MORE PRESSURE ON QB'S WILL HELP.
10. Whose nutsack is RedDMV hugging now that Marko is gone? HMMMM...

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | May 10, 2010 4:49 PM |

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

I hate the radio delay. It sucks when you hear what happens 1 minute after you see it.

Plus Joe Buck looks like a pedaphile and Troy Aikman's eyes are bugging out of his head.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Santana has 1000 yds and 7TD's this season.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 10, 2010 4:53 PM
-------------------------------------

including playoffs?

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | May 10, 2010 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Moo, your beef is unwarranted ...

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 4:46 PM |

Hey, I'm willing to fire up my Weber and see how it grills.

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | May 10, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Hey, I'm willing to fire up my Weber and see how it grills.

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | May 10, 2010 5:00 PM

Blog tough guy threatening to fire a cow.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 10, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Top Ten Topics Other Than AH

1. Will McNabb be able to do things with the Skins WRs that Campbell couldn't?
4. Will Dono be able to avoid injury during Trent's attrenticeship?
5. Where on the Skins roster are the LBs to play the 3-4? Carter and Orakpo?
6. Will the 3-4 create more turnovers?
7. Will Mike Williams in 2010 be improved enough to start at guard?
8. Will Dono inspire Tana to play hard again?
9. How much improvement will we see in 2010 in the Skins DBs?
10. Whose nutsack is RedDMV hugging now that Marko is gone?

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | May 10, 2010 4:49 PM

cool, thanks for stepping up. I'll bite on each of these...

1. yes
2. cut one this summer
3. sometime early fall '10
4. no
5. sounds good, but expect shuffling
6. yes
7. yes
8. maybe
9. not much, but scheme matters here
10. not applicable

other peeps? AnimalFarm has delivered a tasty menu of choices.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Is it just me, or does anyone else see moodlymoodlymoo and TheAnimalFarm posting up here -- and feel like grabbing a burger?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

"I bet Barron doesn't win a starting spot for Dallas this year.Posted by: psps23"

I think he has a real shot. They've got Doug Free who can maybe come over from a reserve role on the right side, and versatile backup Pat McQuistan, but neither has shown major ability as a pass blocker. They drafted Sam Young in the 6th round this year. Barron gets no more than a 'C' rating at left tackle based on his performance in St. Louis, but his numbers were actually comparable to Flozell's, and if he comes to camp in shape, could make a serious bid for that spot.

Guess I'm saying if the 'Boys have a weak spot, it's right there. I was surprised they didn't grab one of those tackles with the first pick this year, but maybe Bryant was just too attractive. Looks to me like a gamble.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 10, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

"10. Whose nutsack is RedDMV hugging now that Marko is gone? HMMMM..."

..Beware of door-to-door mountain oyster salesmen posing as FBI agents..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 5:08 PM |

Maybe a bacon-cheese burger wrapped in a pork chop with a side of chicken wings.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 5:38 PM

Lemme know when you find this meal at a drive-thru window. I've been looking for it with no luck.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 10, 2010 5:46 PM | Report abuse

"Friday, Aug. 27, 7 p.m.: Redskins at N.Y. Jets"

Like others, I think this is a fine match up.

A team aiming for a Super Bowl run versus a team that recently has just had the runs.

Most of the starters play the a half of the 3rd preseason game, so we should get a quality contest.

Beyond that, the preseason is a joke.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 5:38 PM

Posted by: beep-beep | May 10, 2010 5:46 PM

MOL, but pork chops just don't go well w/ burgers.

as promised several threads ago, I'm at your service scamp, and fixing up something now...

hope you like it.

once you've finished that, a large side dish of chicken will be next...

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 6:12 PM | Report abuse

"Cowboys will go all the way."

So who wins the East?

NFC East (in order of finish):

Cowboys, Redskins, Eagles, Giants

AFC East (in order of finish):

Jets, Dolphins, Patriots, Bills

Points:

The AFC East is the toughest division in the NFL.

The fins will unleash Henne-Marshall-Bess to great success.

The Pats will succeed should they find some kind of running game and get a healthy W Welker going.

The Pats have no defense to back up their good offense.

The J-E-T-S will make folks forget Big Blue.

Sanchez will have an all pro type season.

Eli will never have any kind of success with the passing targets he has: and Plax's absence and Manningham's failure will really, really sink in.

Whither Brandon Jacobs?

The redskins will score and defend well.

Joey Galloway will have better numbers than Thomas/Kelly.

Dez Bryant will play well, and his momma will ask, "So who you callin' a hoe?"

The boys will fire W Phillips and hire ______?

Kevin Kolb is better than what Philly fans think: and if he is, the McNabb trade will make sense.

And as for the bills, well, maybe they should go to Toronto and join the CFL.

'Cuz that's the only place where they'll ever get paid.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

and AnimalFarm... don't let the carnivores scare you!

you've proposed a list of 10 topics. without making any judgment on the worthiness of those topics, we've heard answers from an impressive sample size of two respondents.

but I've yet to hear an opinion from you.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Present

Posted by: westjr88 | May 10, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

keep working it Moe, but something tells me we're lost in the woods without real news.

not doggin' on the media, either.

there just isn't any at the moment, until someone (anyone) gets cut, injured, traded, signed, or arrested.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 6:26 PM | Report abuse

The boys will fire W Phillips and hire ______?

Jason Garrett.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 10, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

Present

Posted by: westjr88 | May 10, 2010 6:21 PM

Is that a "Flight of the Conchords" joke?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 10, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Top Ten Topics Other Than AH

1. Will McNabb be able to do things with the Skins WRs that Campbell couldn't?
4. Will Dono be able to avoid injury during Trent's attrenticeship?
5. Where on the Skins roster are the LBs to play the 3-4? Carter and Orakpo?
6. Will the 3-4 create more turnovers?
7. Will Mike Williams in 2010 be improved enough to start at guard?
8. Will Dono inspire Tana to play hard again?
9. How much improvement will we see in 2010 in the Skins DBs?
10. Whose nutsack is RedDMV hugging now that Marko is gone?

Posted by: TheAnimalFarm | May 10, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

1) You mean find them and throw the ball to them? Yes.

2) Training Camp. The youth is already there, though, in Ryan Torain.

3) Define "passable". He'll be better than Stephon Heyer and DM5 won't hold the ball long.

4) Trent's not the issue. DM5 is more likely to get injured on a non-contact play.

5) I'm assuming that our linebackers will be playing linebacker in the 3-4.

6) If AH is there, yes.

7) He's already the first team RG, so it looks like its his to lose and I don't see much competition there.

8) Tana always plays hard.

9) There will be improvement simply b/c they're not going to continue the idiocy of playing Landry at FS.

10) As far as I know he's never loosened the clutch on Portis's.

Posted by: p1funk | May 10, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

MOL, but pork chops just don't go well w/ burgers.

hope you like it.

once you've finished that, a large side dish of chicken will be next...

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 6:12 PM |

WOW! My brother would be in heaven. He always goes for those "If you can eat this whole thing..." deals and usually succeeds. I think that burger would win though.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

The boys will fire W Phillips and hire ______?

Posted by: RedDMV | May 10, 2010 6:28 PM |

A bouncing ball sack and change their names to the Dallas Brokebacks.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

No Nate but if it gets a laugh then we will go with it

Posted by: westjr88 | May 10, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

No Nate but if it gets a laugh then we will go with it

Posted by: westjr88 | May 10, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Beyond that, the preseason is a joke.

Posted by: MistaMoe

I've thought the preseason games were even worse than that oe. They offer plenty of ooportunity for injury and count as absolutley nothing towards the reg. season record. While it's true the 3rd preseason game starters get more work, it isn't necessarily a good half as the planning isn't for victory as much as it's for evaluation.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | May 10, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and then the baby looked at me.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | May 10, 2010 6:48 PM | Report abuse

Is that a "Flight of the Conchords" joke?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 10, 2010 6:31 PM

Unnderrated show that was apparently too much work for Brett and Jermaine "Formerly New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo" to do another season.

Murray was a great

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 10, 2010 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Loved FotC, loved Murray, loved the band meetings, grateful to westjr88 for (inadvertently) making me think of all that.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 10, 2010 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Maaaan, NFL Live just said that Cushing tested positive for PED back in SEPTEMBER !!! And was allowed to play through the WHOLE SEASON??? For which he was selected to Pro Bowl and DROY??? And then the NFL Live crew has the AUDACITY to try to shift the blame back squarely on Cushing (nothing wrong with the NFL) by saying he should come forward with the name of the PED he was taking, the whole conversation switched to "Why won't he say what it was??", instead of " WHY THE F**** DID THE NFL LET THE ABUSER PLAY LAST YEAR???" WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??? HOW MUCH WAS THE BRIBE??? IS THE NFL FO THAT CORRUPT?? WHERE IS BJORK AND WHY ISN'T SHE BESIDE ME?? WHERE'S MY CHELADA???

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

moodlymoodlymoo

"...something tells me we're lost in the woods without real news."

We only get lost when we depend on the threads.

I hate to go there, but vet posters know that the real job comes when there isn't any news.

That's why what you have to do is sling some ideas out and hope something sticks.

Me?: I post whatever I feel and don't care that most folks don't.

I figure just a third of what I post is worth reading.

The rest is just hay for folks to chew on.

And moodly, that's where you come in.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

westjr88"

What do you think of a starting O-line of Trent WILLIAMS, DOCKERY, RABACH, Mike WILLIAMS and HICKS? I'm hoping one more tackle emerges as a starter from the mass of humanity SHANAHAN will run through the camps, or we trade HAYNESWORTH for a decent starter at RT.

Posted by: glawrence007 | May 10, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

moodlymoodly moo

"...but something tells me we're lost in the woods without real news."

The only people who ever get lost are the ones who cannot make their own way.

Vet posters know the real work in RI comes when there is no news.

If you notice, most vet posters hardly ever respond to the threads as they can generate enough jibba-jabba for folks to enjoy.

This thing is at its best when it takes a left turn, and goes off topic like a stoned teacher.

Me?: I sling whatever product I want figuring that about a third of it is actually worth reading.

The rest is like hay meant to be chewed on blindly, then spit out.

And that's where you, moodly moo, come in.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

got a whole row of cheladas right here for you.

drink up.

this stuff is rampant everywhere... and I'm not talking 'bout cheladas.

the steaks (so to speak) are too large not to cheat.

it's much like the rest of life. anyone who claims otherwise is naive.

bums me out, though.

'night all.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Sorry for the double post.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Sorry for the double post.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 8:08 PM

"nothing you can do about that.."

Sincerely,

22 & 30

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 10, 2010 8:12 PM | Report abuse

There's a story that the AP will re-vote the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year due to the Texans Cushing testing positive for PEDs.

Today's poll:

Would you want Brian Orakpo to win the Defensive Rookie of the Year Award in light of Cushings' positive test and the re-vote?

a. No

b. never

c. hell naw

d. sure

e. whatever beep-beep says

Moe goes with 'a' as nobody wants to win an award just because a guy got caught cheating.

Let B Orakpo win it outright because he turned into the second coming of Derrick Thomas.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 8:14 PM | Report abuse

gl:
I like that line and if Capers and Cook develop, then we will have a couple good young back-ups.

Posted by: westjr88 | May 10, 2010 8:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 7:56 PM

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 8:04 PM

easy there, the double move made me think twice...

doing my part to generate some bullsh!t:

just like to to back it up once I've laid one on the ground.

and as amply shown, will gladly eat it if I've stepped in it.

but some of us rookies can hang with the big cows.

'night for real, Moe. about to throw some more salmon on the grill.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 8:14 PM

Considering Orakpo finished 4th in the voting...I guess if they DQ Cushing, that would make it.

1. Byrd
2. Matthews
3. Orakpo

Impossible to make a case for Orakpo in a a re-vote.

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 10, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

westjr.

"I like that line and if Capers and Cook develop..."

I like the fact that the new FO drafted them in the first place.

If you take a couple of linemen every year, you suddenly have depth backing up solid starters.

Vinny didn't believe in this.

That's why I still want to cremate him with a blow torch.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 8:22 PM | Report abuse

psyched BMW "gets it", now, finally, apparently.

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | May 10, 2010 8:30 PM | Report abuse

BMW will suddenly be good cause he now, "gets it"...phew! Weakest link strengthend. So suck for a few years skip a couple then "get it" and be good, easy.

Haynesworth cannot repair his relationship with the redskins. This is a championship caliber team as we all know.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | May 10, 2010 8:31 PM | Report abuse

Public Enemy is the single greatest influential rap group of all time. You could argue N.W.A. as they ushered in the gangsta rap era.

-BUT-

"Rebel Without a Pause" is one of the greatest hip hop songs of all time on earth!

Some of you all may have to Google Public Enemy!

Posted by: rickyroge | May 10, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Rap is played out and it all sounds the same now. It shoulda died with Eazy E.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 8:54 PM | Report abuse

rickyroge,
googled...came across this.
probably a really terrible hip hop song, but i just love it.
;-)

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | May 10, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse

This is the QB that Josh McDaniel wanted in the Cutler trade (more than Jason Campbell):

Denver Post: "07:14 AM ET 05.10 | According to a current poll, more than 70 percent of Broncos fans want to see their team pull the trigger on a Kyle Orton deal. 'For the development of Brady Quinn, Tim Tebow and Tom Brandstater, for fairness to Kyle Orton, for the benefit of the other Broncos, for the future of the franchise, for the fans in Bronco Country, for goodness' sake, Orton must be traded. ... He's not a true leader. The Broncos had Champ Bailey, D.J. Williams and Brian Dawkins in leadership roles on defense, but nobody on offense. The leadership has to come from the QB, and Orton's soft attitude didn't motivate his teammates.'

Oh well. The romance is over...

Posted by: Samson151 | May 10, 2010 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Rap ain't ever going to die , as long as there is a street..Wait'll the "Cannabis Cannibals" hit the block...

This is the best J-Pop song of all time-

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 8:14 PM

1. Byrd
2. Matthews
3. Orakpo

Impossible to make a case for Orakpo in a a re-vote.

Posted by: Diesel44

Cushing dominated the voting so its really hard to tell who would win a re-vote.

But I don't think you should take the award away from the guy -- he was the best rookie defender. The NFL has decided steroids carry a suspension penalty for the person and there are no retroactive consequences -- so Cushing's body of work stands. There is no forfeiting games or changing stats.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

omg... and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEniyvOtETc&feature=related ...

pabrian2003,
i'm just hopin'. i mean he WAS supposed to be a great talent. i don't care about all those wasted years behind him. he's relatively "unused".... he's still got what 3 or 4 years left, maybe more. (all this depends on IF he's really gotten it and IF he really had talent in the first place.)

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | May 10, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

"Rap is played out and it all sounds the same now."

Actually, all popular music is as stale, cold, and stoic as a McDonald's cheeseburger.

A lot of it is the same producers and writers and singers doing nothing but trying to make a hit song that'll generate paid downloads.

The idea of music as art died with God some time ago.

But can a public that boasts that it enjoy 'free' downloads expect the music industry to invest in and nurture original talent?

When it comes to pop music, I think we get what we don't pay for.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

Well you've done it, Rick. You've made the blog as exciting as watching grass grow. Literally.

Posted by: TheCork | May 10, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

This is the best J-Pop song of all time-

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 9:06 PM

Just because it isn't gonna die doesn't mean it shouldn't.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 9:09 PM

Zeke- How could the voting change. It's not like anybody has done anything to elevate their status since the season ended.Give the award to Jarius Bryd and be done with it.

If I was drafting a player out of the 4 (Cush Bryd, Matthews, & Orkapo), I would take Orakpo.

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 10, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

The idea of music as art died with God some time ago.

When it comes to pop music, I think we get what we don't pay for.

Posted by: MistaMoe

Good Post. But art doesn't always get recorded, or if recorded doesn't sell.

It's still out there, only well hidden.

Does your "God" comment refer to the famous "Is God Dead" Time cover?

I think the "nurture" talent has a lot to do with the general corporatization of the country, not just limited to the arts or music.

The Sam Phillips and Gordy's and Ahmet Ertuguns, were they coming along today, would be selling cars or working as accountants within a year.

Posted by: TheCork | May 10, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

More proof that baseball is dull:

"Griffey found snoozing during game"

Ken Griffey Jr. was found sleeping in the clubhouse during a Seattle Mariners game last week.

"He'd gone back about the fifth inning to get a jacket and didn't come back," one unnamed player told The News Tribune . "I went back in about the seventh inning - and he was in his chair, sound asleep."

Analysis:

It's sad when one of the game's 'good guys' can't stay awake.

Griff, a Hall Of Famer?

Yeah, if the Hall Of Fame is at the local Mattress Giant.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Anyone see NFL Live tonight w/ Mark Schlereth and company?

They were discussing AH not in attendance, saying 99% were present but no AH.
Secondly, stated that absent players want more $, but then stated AH already has his $.
Thirdly, thus said players and coaches are rightly upset w/ AH and then Schlereth said,
"Time for AH to grow up; stop being a baby" paraphrase.
recall he definitely used the word "baby"

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | May 10, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

theCork

"Does your "God" comment refer to the famous "Is God Dead" Time cover?"

Actually, that's Arthur Miller's John Procter from his play, "The Crucible."

Proctor says--in summation--that if the sanctimonious and paraniod win in battle of good versus evil, then there is no God.

The line, "...God is dead..." is what ultimately causes the assembled Pilgrims to execute him as a warlock.

And that ends our arts moment for today.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Time for AH to grow up; stop being a baby" paraphrase.
recall he definitely used the word "baby"

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | May 10, 2010 9:26 PM | Report

That is one fat ugly baby.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

-BUT-

Some of you all may have to Google Public Enemy!

Posted by: rickyroge | May 10, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse
------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | May 10, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44

We don't know how the people that voted for Cushing would have voted if his name wasn't on the ballot. Cushing had 39 votes, Byrd (who was 2nd) had 6.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | May 10, 2010 9:10 PM

literally, figuratively, and personally... that's exciting!

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | May 10, 2010 9:30 PM |

I mentioned that the other night and no one responded. I don't think too many know what you're talking about. It's like saying Grandmaster Flash.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

DC2AZ99

"Come on...how can you forget the Sugar Hill Gang? Sure...it was fluff rap, but it made rap mainstream."

The Sugarhill Gang was a studio creation who made a mint performing a song origanlly writted by one of the best groups no one ever mentions:

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

All of the names used by the Sugarhill rappers are the same as the guys in the Furious Five--they couldn't get the owners of Sugarhill records to put them on wax.

The Sugarhill Gang was a one hit wonder based on a lifted song while Flash's group invented the gangster look, improved sampling, and had their own orignal sound.

Whereas "Rapper's Delight" was popular, "The Message," "White Lines," "Scorpio," "Friends," "Freedom," "Five Minutes of Funk," and the classic "The Freaks Come Out at Night" are true rap/disco classics--all tracks recorded by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.

Now, comparing Flash to PE is a real argument.

But they both lose to Run-DMC: Jay, Run, Rick Rubin, Russell and Joseph Simmons created the last great American musical sound.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

I make my own music..I'm a narwal skewering heads..Not sure if my new opus is called "Waiting For Nukes" or "A Chelada Too Far"..

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 9:34 PM

Actually we do. Take Cush off the ballot and Bryd would win followed by Matthews. Thats why they vote 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc..

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 10, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

westjr88 - MistaMoe:

I roll with you both on that. Here's hoping the present regime has the good sense to keep a couple of solid o-linemen coming each year through the draft, trades, or FA. I was pleased to see COOK in particular. Obviously they are not secure in the knowledge that "Big" WIL MONTGOMERY is adequate as an emergency back-up center, or that "Chin Whiskers" RINEHART is a be all and end all at RG.

Posted by: glawrence007 | May 10, 2010 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Yes, it was really something on ESPN NFL Live tonight.
Mark Schlereth calling AH "a baby".
Teddy Bruchi also talked of how he had the Pats have him play a stand up DE, then OL, then ILB.
Schlereth talked of playing RG in Washington
But Denver said they needed him to play LG.
Both said AH needs to grow up and do and be a professional.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | May 10, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44

Didn't see that in the vote. Seemed like it was just 1 vote per person.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Mo,

Friends, Five Minutes of Funk and Freaks Come Out at Night were written and performed by the Rapper Jalil and Ecstasy aka Whodini.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 10, 2010 10:13 PM | Report abuse

Gnawing on a skull, I..WHO LET THE PUERTO RICANS AND THE WHITE PEOPLE LOOSE IN THE GYM???

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 10:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 10:20 PM | Report abuse

Loved Whodoni

Posted by: westjr88 | May 10, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 10, 2010 10:28 PM | Report abuse

frak, how do you feel about j-rap?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 10, 2010 10:28 PM

although J-rap makes a late entry, the most recent poll results are just in...

95% hip-hop
3% J-pop
1% Molly Hatchet

the remaining 1% is undecided, margin of error, and/or non-sensical RI math.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 10, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, here's to THE WORLD PARTY...But, at heart, my head is black, I mean, I'm black-hearted, dark, dark-hearted, "Can't Trust It", the best rap song, livin' in the "Sunshine Ward"...

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse

So I guess Keith Hernandez fell asleep while announcing a baseball game. Thus further proving my point that baseball sucks ass and is so boring it can be considered torture.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 10, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

If we're talking music how about

Hocus Pocus by Focus

Focus, second best Dutch rock band behind Golden Earring

check YouTube for one of their classic performances of the song

Posted by: noonefromtampa | May 10, 2010 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44

Didn't see that in the vote. Seemed like it was just 1 vote per person.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 10, 2010 10:01 PM

I'm with Zeke on this one. This 3-2-1 voting can't be right. Here's the vote totals:

Cushing 39, Buffalo safety Jairus Byrd 6, Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews 3 and Orakpo 2.

Altogether, that's 50 points. If they voted 3-2-1, then this implies only 8 or 9 people voted. No way. Further if they voted 3-2-1, then the total number of points should be a multiple of 6, since each voter is distributing three votes totaling six points.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 10, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Everything is just totally f***ed , thats not even the song "Sunshine Ward"...Who the f*** wrote this f****in' play, Macbeth??

Posted by: frak | May 10, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse

baseball has blowed since 1971 when the Senators left town for the second time

Excellent last game though at the end of September

Rioters 1, Yankees 0, Senators forfeit

Followed the O's for a while back in the day, but their version of Snyder has ruined that great franchise

Posted by: noonefromtampa | May 10, 2010 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | May 10, 2010 10:52 PM |

Semi-bright guy like yourself should know that those were only the 1st place votes. So even by your junior college math it would still be Buffalo safety Jairus Byrd 6 (12%), Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews 3 (6%) and Orakpo 2 (4%) if you take out Cushing.

Do the Math...If there was a recount and only the 1st place votes counted, how does 3rd become 1st. Unless you think that Orakpo has had a better offseason and that should factor into the voting.

Beep-beep it’s time for bed.

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 10, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

For all of the Dallas rah-rah, I think for now, they are the best team in the NFC East, but only because the rest of the division is so weak. This division overall is probably in the worst shape it has been in since the mid-late 90s.

The Giants have their issues. Their O-Line is getting old, Eli will never be as a good as Peyton and their running game is not as scary as it was three years ago. The only place they have improved recently is at WR.

The Eagles are replacing both their offensive and defensive QBs. Kolb has looked good in limited duty, but a 16 game season is a whole different ball of wax. They need to find a permanent answer at MLB and someone to replace Dawkins. Their running never scared anyone and with Westbrook gone, even less so now. Expect Reid to throw 80% of the time now since they have a decent, young receiving corps.

Dallas has a ton of talent, but also the egos and disjointeness to go with it. I am not sold on Romo as a Super Bowl QB, and outside of Austin, they have no real quality WR. We will see how Bryant does, but he seems to have TROUBLE written all over him. The 'Boys front four is excellent, but they have issues in the secondary and an aging LB in Brooking who will need to be replaced sooner then later, I imagine. On the other hand, they do have the best running game in the division and that gives them an edge.

We all know the Skins problems, from O-Line to the WRs to the return game to switching to a new defensive scheme that they are not 100% equipped for. However, their coaching has been been upgraded by a mile and the personnel has been upgraded in most areas. Which will make them much more competitive in the division this season. No 0-6 record this year. And any team going 9-7 in the NFC East might actually finish second.

Posted by: NosferatusCoffin | May 10, 2010 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 10, 2010 9:41 PM
---------------------------------------------------------

Great group. True story... I went to see them when I lived in Germany ~1991 or 92. They played in a TINY bar that charge the equivalent of $5. I couldn't believe it. I thought it may be a cover band, but was shocked when I found out it was the real deal. They fell hard, fast.

Great show, though!

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | May 11, 2010 1:50 AM | Report abuse

@brownwood26 -

Really? You remember Carter having double digit sacks in a Skins uniform? How do you remember something that never happened?

Posted by: keino83 | May 10, 2010 7:30 PM

Check your program dude...one A. Carter had 10.5 sacks in 2007:

For the guy posting that "Dallas all the way" crap at the top of the thread: get a clue. No chance Alex Barron is an upgrade over Flozell Adams. I mean, how is swapping out underwhelming first round flame outs such a huge coup for them?

You can write this in permanent ink: the Cowboys will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Wade Phillips and Tony Romo. NEVER. I don't care how much talent is on that team, there is no less clutch coach/QB tandem than that one. And it's easily the worst coach/QB tandem in the division. Book it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 11, 2010 5:29 AM | Report abuse

Fired up this morning.

All Hail.

Posted by: 2ndtierfan | May 11, 2010 5:43 AM | Report abuse

If I'm Bruce Allen, this bears watching closely:

Atogwe won't sign tender with Rams
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 10, 2010 10:06 PM ET
Steve Wyche of NFL Network reported Monday night that Rams safety O.J. Atogwe won't sign the low restricted free agent tender he was offered before June 1.

It would have been a shock if he did.

Atogwe is guaranteed to become an unrestricted free agent on June 1 or get a tender offer worth roughly $7 million (110 percent of his 2009 salary), so he would have been crazy to sign the $1.226 million tender the Rams first offered.

(That sounds more confusing than it is.)

Look for the Rams to put one final push on signing Atogwe long-term before the drop dead day hits. Atogwe can drive a hard bargain, because he knows the Rams don't just want to give him away.

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 11, 2010 5:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 10, 2010 11:11 PM

And for a reason -- first place votes were all they had. This isn't the Heisman where they vote first, second, third. You're making this stuff up again. This is from PFT:

"Meanwhile, since the AP apparently is in the mood to "get it right," how about considering a new voting system that awards points for first place, second place, and third place, instead of merely casting one vote per voter?"

When you're in a hole, stop digging Deisel44 and slinging around your pissy insults.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 11, 2010 5:57 AM | Report abuse

I'm not a fan of giving up any more draft picks, but I think we should look into what it would take to get Atogwe in burgundy and gold. If the Rams get desperate enough to do a Haynesworth-for-Atogwe deal straight up, I'd be a very happy man...

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 11, 2010 5:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 11, 2010 5:29 AM

Agreed. If this guy Barron were any good -- a potential starter -- then St. Louis could have gotten a 4th round pick in the 2012 draft for him.

You know if Dallas got him for Carpenter, St. Louis must have offered him to Bruce Allen when they were working out the deal for Carriker. Allen: "We'll give you the 6th round pick for Carriker or we'll give you a 7th round pick for Carriker and Barron. What do you say?"

I'm still amazed at how much Bruce Allen got out of this draft considering the picks he went into it with.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 11, 2010 6:09 AM | Report abuse

"No chance Alex Barron is an upgrade over Flozell Adams. I mean, how is swapping out underwhelming first round flame outs such a huge coup for them?"

It ain't. In terms of pass-blocking, Flozell for Barron is a one for one swap -- one guy who isn't that good, for another who isn't that good, either. Only difference is 7 years in age and Barron isn't limping back to the huddle the way Adams did.

Guy they should have grabbed, and I'm betting they considered it: Roger Saffold, who went to the Rams, or Vlad Ducasse, who went to the Jets. But I imagine Jerry Jones fell in love with Bryant and that was that.

Jones will make you feel a little better about Dan Snyder as an owner.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 11, 2010 8:07 AM | Report abuse