Press Conference at 4 pm

Joe Gibbs and Daniel Snyder will speak at 4 pm, the team said.

Also, the word I have received from the NFL at this point is that there are no plans to change the game time or date for this weekend. That is at this moment. If there is a move of any sort I will let you know. For now, Sunday at 1 pm.

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 27, 2007; 3:33 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: More Reaction/Press Conference Update
Next: Dan Snyder and Joe Gibbs Remarks

Comments

With heavy hearts they will play,
And somehow make it through the day.

RIP 21

Posted by: jdixon35 | November 27, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Pulidor.

Posted by: VeloStrummer | November 27, 2007 3:52 PM | Report abuse

While you may be 'just doing your job', there are those of us who appreciate how well you've stayed on top of this, and how you're quick to share whatever scrap of information that you uncover.

My sincere thanks.

Posted by: wcbassman | November 27, 2007 3:52 PM | Report abuse

F Michael Wildo
F Shapiro

Posted by: RedDMV | November 27, 2007 3:54 PM | Report abuse

There will be plenty of time to discuss and dissect why this tragedy has happened(you know like after the police investigation). I wish that at least the writers from the Post would give fans a chance to mourn before assuming the worst. Detectives Wilbon and Shapiro should get off of their high horses.

I am new to the blog, and I have not posted very often. I really want to get a Sean Taylor shirt from the cafepress web site, but everytime I try to add one to my cart it says that the product is not found. Am I doing something wrong or has all of the Taylor shirts been pulled/sold out? Every other item I choose works.

RIP # 21

Posted by: curtmcgurt | November 27, 2007 3:55 PM | Report abuse

I would recommend dropping a short and polite note to Deborah Howell, the Post's Ombudsman. She has dealt with online comment before, so she should be open to considering this issue. Also, e-mail the Executive Editor (executive.editor(at)washingtonpost.com)

Ombudsman Link:

Posted by: sxpatr | November 27, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Chick Hernandez just confirmed that Clinton Portis is gonna be wearing 21 on Sunday, if anyone has ever had a grudge against CP you have got to have gained some respect for him by this

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 27, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Also, he didn't say it was just for this game, he might be wearing 21 throughout the season...I think this is the right way to start Sean's celebration

Posted by: tweedr01 | November 27, 2007 3:59 PM | Report abuse

It makes me happy that Sean didnt waste his time talking to bums like these who bad mouth a man when he cant defend himself. And based on what stuff that has happened almost 2 yrs ago, why dont you do some research before posting an article about bad mouthing a player who just died who all fans loved, and who has touch so many people in his 24 yrs. GO TO HELL LEO and WILBON

RIP #21

Posted by: SAK2 | November 27, 2007 4:00 PM | Report abuse

With CP being his best friend on the team, Im sure he is proud to wear #21 in respect to his friend.

Posted by: SAK2 | November 27, 2007 4:02 PM | Report abuse

There's good info in the Miami Herald I have not seen elsewhere:

Posted by: carver9 | November 27, 2007 4:03 PM | Report abuse

There's good info in the Miami Herald I have not seen elsewhere:

Posted by: carver9 | November 27, 2007 4:03 PM | Report abuse

There's good info in the Miami Herald I have not seen elsewhere:

Posted by: carver9 | November 27, 2007 4:03 PM | Report abuse

curtmcgurt, we pulled the Reaper and S.E.A.N. shirts out of respect for his family.

I have created a site with a memorial shirt. No names, no faces, just his number and a candle. ALL proceeds will go to the charity/memorial fund that the family chooses.

Nate runs the Redskins Insider store (very well I must say too), but I didn't want to get the Katria Relief charitable donations mixed up with the Swoop donations. Therefore I created a new store with one item. Check it out:

Posted by: BucktownSkinsFan | November 27, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Dan Le Batard writes an interesting article about Taylor in the Miami Herald. As an opinion piece it seems more appropriate than Wilbon's comments and Shapiro's article.

Posted by: cosst22 | November 27, 2007 4:07 PM | Report abuse

nice work bucktown--awesome

Posted by: connskins | November 27, 2007 4:09 PM | Report abuse

BucktownSkinsFan,
I definitely understand why you guys did that. Thank you for the information, I will be getting a memorial shirt.

Posted by: curtmcgurt | November 27, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse

21 patch and 21 on every helmet in the NFL...that's not good.

Posted by: rbfett | November 27, 2007 4:14 PM | Report abuse

I posted this on a previous thread but reposted here because I can't keep up with Jason.

Before everyone metaphorically storms the castle and drags the two offenders out to be burned at the stake can I appeal for a little restraint please?

I have ZERO sympathy or agreement with either Wilbon or Shapiro on this. I find their thinking to be intellectually flawed and elitist in nature, while surprisingly filled with prejudice.

Calling for their heads will solve nothing, give them their few moments of controversy, it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Sean Taylor's legacy as a person lives in the people whose lives he touched, not in Shapiro or Wilbon's opinion of him.

Sean Taylor was a supremely gifted athlete who played an extremely violent sport. While he never shied away from the darker side of the game, there is certainly sufficient evidence to suggest that he had found a way to successfully separate that from his private life and allow himself to grow as a person because of that separation.

A suitable way to remember #21 might be to take that life lesson and employ it wherever it makes sense in your own life; remember your job is just 'work', it doesn't have to be who you REALLY are. Strive to become a better person yourself whenever you can. Ensure that your family and family life remains the central focus of your life and that your perspective doesn't get distorted by the fleeting, unsatisfying attractions that can be found elsewhere.

Maybe if we can each do that just a little more there could be something worthwhile to emerge from this tragedy.

Let's all try to be a little kinder today.

Sorry, rant off.

Posted by: Redcoat | November 27, 2007 4:16 PM | Report abuse

I mean that is good the 21 patch and 21 on the helmets....man it's been a long day.

Posted by: rbfett | November 27, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

There is good reason for players to mistrust the press. Sean Taylor was not alone in his feelings on this issue.

From the Steinberg Blog two weeks ago, a few comments on the issue from two of the more quotable and talkative Redskins, even in the presence of the press:

"That's because you the press," Smoot said. "We don't like y'all. We football players, we keep our stuff in-house."

"They with you when you're doing well," Samuels said, turning this into a media criticism session.

"Yeah, but then they hatin' on you when you doing bad," Smoot said.

"Tearing us up," Samuels added.

"Like you ain't know that [losses] were going to come one day," Smoot continued. "Like, 'Ooooh,' you were so surprised--'Y'all done lost! How could you!?!?' Last team to go undefeated was the Miami Dolphins."

The real question is: do Wilbon and Shapiro even venture out to Redskins Park before they write their columns, or do they just shoot from the hip, and then dodge questions later? I know that Jason has been criticized here from time to time, but at least he is out talking to the players at Ashburn all the time.

The first rule of being a good journalist is to be a good reporter. Jason seems to have this down pat. We have seem his talent for reporting continually this week.

It seems that Wilbon and Shapiro have forgotten that the research needs to be done before opinions are formed and conclusions are drawn. Their columns are a triumph of ego over substance, and a black eye to the integrity of The Washington Post.

Posted by: tafka | November 27, 2007 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat,

I agree with you -- thanks for reposting.

Wilbon and Shapiro see things differently than the rest of us. We shouldn't hate them for that.

All the hate and anger should be directed at the people who killed Sean Taylor, not two Washington Post columnists.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 27, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

agree with tafka's comment. I doubt wilbon has been to redskins park in the past 10 years. It's similar to Wilbon's angst towards the Celtics organization and their so called racial biases. In his chats, he has cited past visits to the Boston Garden and racist comments he has received. Yet, he admits he hasn't even been to the new TD Banknorth Garden.

Posted by: 1buj | November 27, 2007 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BucktownSkinsFan | November 27, 2007 04:06 PM

Thanks Bucktown. That's awsome. I just ordered mine.

skinswest