Pre-Vacation Odds and Ends

From everything I hear the biggest delay in getting the Skins second-day draft picks signed is the length of the deal. There are some new quirks in this CBA that pertains to these kind of deals, and teams can now decide whether to sign these kids to a three-year deal or a four-=year deal.

It ends up making a big deal as to how they get tendered on their next contracts, when they become free agents and how some escalators tie in. Obviously, teams want to get them locked up for 4 years, but some of these kids think that hitting potential free agency in three years -and getting their first real contracts should they pan out - sounds like dinner to them.

Spoke to a bunch of agents the past week who all said the same thing - for every kid the Redskins drafted not named Landry, terms will probably be the biggest hurdle. The Skins have made contact with the agents for all these guys and the sides know that in the end the base salaries are all going to be for the vet. Minimum, and there isn't going to be much in the way of a signing bonus for people taken in the fifth round and later.

Regardless, I would expect the late round kids to be signed by early July. I would think Landry gets done just before players report to camp July 27th. He will get slotted in when some other guys sign. His agent, Joel Segal, is a dealmaker and his guys aren't known for holding out.

Randoms: The Bill Cowher madness is a bit premature. No doubt he will be in demand and Snyder would make a run at him if Gibbs was leaving, but that stuff doesn't pick up until November at the earliest. Also, Coach Joe could very well depart after this season - a lot of people are guessing will - but just because he walks as a coach would not mean he's leaving as team prez. Cowher wants the whole enchilada in terms of control, and would Snyder force Gibbs out as the prez so that Cowher can take over the front office? And even if Gibbs and Cowher could coexist, I can't see Cowher wanting to keep all the dead weight in this front office, whereas Coach Joe's style is to add new parts but not undergo mass firings. I just don't see it matching up time wise, and Cowher will have his picks of jobs, with Jeff Fisher being right there with him at the top of wish lists.

In fact, whoever the next coach is would probably demand that Vinny and some others walk. If the Skins are 2-5 in November and looking like they did a year ago, then trust me I will be spending a good deal of my time working on the next coach/regime/big splash. But if the Skins have a decent start, then this will be a moot point. It's definitely fun to play guess the next coach - and again, I know Snyder would be after this guy if he had a need (Cowher's agent is based in McLean, so it would be really easy to happen to walk into the same restaurant as him by chance, wink,wink), but the timing would have to be perfect with Coach Joe stepping down, etc., and I think Dan would have to be willing to get rid of some sacred cows ... Actually managed to break my other pinky toe the other day bashing ti into a chair while running to get Rocco when eh woke up screaming from a nap. Yeah, it's the right one this time. That's two in the span of about 6 weeks. This must be how Jansen felt with the thumbs a few years back

... Gonna be using up the rest of my vacation and comp time the next few weeks so keep the guest blogs coming in. Will definitely post from time to time but won't be daily like this. I still anticipate a decent amount of news, so I'll get on the ball when need be. Thanks to all of you for reading my stuff.
Cheers.

By Jason La Canfora  |  June 22, 2007; 6:15 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: LaVar Not Going Home This Week
Next: Bramlet Makes a Case

Comments

woo hoo!!

Posted by: skinnyntenny | June 22, 2007 6:43 AM | Report abuse

they may take our season,......but theyll never take...
OUR VINNY!!

I thought Double G was gonna be next?....not that im complaining about the chance to get Cower or Fisher, but is The Snyde that two faced?

As long as Joe stays on and "helps" with personell though, I'll be happy.

Hail!!

Posted by: skinnyntenny | June 22, 2007 6:48 AM | Report abuse

Will Danny Boy ever learn from his mistakes. Hiring big names coaches or players really hasnt worked has it Danny???
And why Cowher or Fisher want to come to DC to coach the Deadskins anyhow? Fisher his personnel moves are almost as bad as Danny Boy's and Coach Joe's. Does Vince Young have any wide receivers with talent? The Titans have the only wide receiver corp that is worse than Deadskins overall. So Danny Boy gets Cowher and axes Joe. Why wouldnt he can Coach Joe he is in business! He is cut throat enough. So the Deadskins have Cowher as coach in 2008 and all you Deadskin fans have an addtional 3 to 5 losing seasons to look forward to. You all need a new owner to be successful.

Posted by: vaherder | June 22, 2007 7:36 AM | Report abuse

If people wonder how rumors get started it is from people writing stuff like this when there is nothing going on! The coach said he would stay FIVE years and has said nothing else to make me believe different.Turning this team around after more than a decade of mis management doesn't happen overnight and I think the coaches will stick around and enjoy the hard work they have put in.Joe Gibbs has brought back the hardcore fan base even with two losing seasons!What other coach could pull that off in Washington?NOBODY!So until you have some real material stay home and enjoy your kids and wife I would rather hear about them then some crab about my man JOE that is not true!

Posted by: Anonymous | June 22, 2007 7:45 AM | Report abuse

I have said it before and will again, if Joe goes, get Grimm, keep as much of the rest of the staff as we can. Though if GG can't get out of the hole he can jump ship too.

Posted by: 35332 | June 22, 2007 7:49 AM | Report abuse

Jasno,

Both pinkie toes? Ouch. I'm starting to think that you might be kluzt, and I mean that in the most endearing sense of the word.

Posted by: KK | June 22, 2007 7:54 AM | Report abuse

Guess the next coach/regime is NOT a fun game...unless its Grimm!

Posted by: chris larry | June 22, 2007 7:55 AM | Report abuse

CL, gets what I am talking about. Jason, I brok a couple toes once when in college, just splint it as best you can, wear 2 pair of socks, and a stif shoe/boot arround them. Oh and drink plenty of vodka

Posted by: 35332 | June 22, 2007 8:06 AM | Report abuse

CL, gets what I am talking about.

Jason, I broke a couple toes once when in college, just splint it as best you can, wear 2 pair of socks, and a stif shoe/boot arround them. Oh and drink plenty of vodka

Posted by: 35332 | June 22, 2007 8:08 AM | Report abuse

(vacatherder continues his quest to become a brain surgeon.)

In case you hadn't noticed, the Titans have had a GM for the entire length of Fisher's contract as Head Coach - Floyd Reese before this year, and now Mike Reinfeldt. Fisher's job has been to coach.

Posted by: DD | June 22, 2007 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Dude... wear some shoes, slippers, heck two pairs of socks. Breaking your pinky toes is almost as crazy and getting shot in the "junk" with a paint ball.

Posted by: hail to 'em | June 22, 2007 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Damn, I am bored can the season start already? It's times like this I wish there was a spring/summer minor league football team in DC.

Posted by: 35332 | June 22, 2007 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Poor Jason - breaking the "other" pinky toe! As you may remember, I broke my pinky toe back in high school by kicking a chair.

Posted by: Lisa | June 22, 2007 9:01 AM | Report abuse

This can't be good for theDanny:

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | June 22, 2007 9:02 AM | Report abuse

I should check the day's posts before I open my mouth...

Nate posted that story yesterday. Oh well...

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | June 22, 2007 9:07 AM | Report abuse

jm220, i think i MIGHT go to Nola in mid august. the date is pretty firm due to vacation from daddy duties. did you want to come? of course i'll need to get in touch with either you or scott and find out the details on how to do this.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Fife here.

I'll be on vacation next week so only on patrol a fraction of my usual time. I will trust the community watch to keep the streets of Mayberry super-clean and clown-free. Up here.

HAIL

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

this article is for everyone. it might explain why nate's so dumb. :)

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Too many IFs to take this post seriously....

Maybe I still haven't fully embraced the total blog concept, but I ould think the author of the blog will still be factual in what is posted and leave it up to the posters to move the conversations????

This post is what I would expect from a national media guy who isn't in the trenches day in and day out.......

Posted by: 4th | June 22, 2007 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I think Jansen's thumbs were a little worse. You can still wipe your butt with two broken toes.

Posted by: losalmon | June 22, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Am I the only one that thinks Coach Joe only leaves the team if they make the play-offs and he thinks they can't do any better next year. He won't leave this team worse then he received it.

But I will say I'd rather Fisher instead of Cowher. But this is wishful thinking, a real GM is what is needed. I'd also be happy with a young up and commer coach.

Either way, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Posted by: Go Skins Go | June 22, 2007 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Jasno with two broken toes huh?

Sounds like he may owe someone a little money!

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | June 22, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Just heard LaVar turned 29 this past Wednesday. Bummer to have to spend it in the hospital. Does that make him a cancer?

Posted by: 4th | June 22, 2007 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Hey Kost, I emailed you again about the fantasy football stuff.

As for Cowher, I just can;t see it.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Why would a rookie get the vet. minimum? Isn't that for vets? No comprendo.

Posted by: BeanBagMan | June 22, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Bill Cowher is one of the most overrated coaches in the league. Let me clarify...he's very good at putting out a solid team with what he's got, but he's not super tight like everyone made him out to be. I remember watching his first super bowl appearance and thinking "wow, this guy is getting outcoached by Barry Switzer." Then Belichik took him to school in the AFC championship, and then Cowher did everything in his power to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against the Seahawks...THE SEAHAWKS!!! What I think is funny in the NFL is how the players, unless you're Peyton Manning, get almost no credit relative to the coaches and front office when it comes to Super Bowls. The Steelers won that Super Bowl on the backs of Roethlisberger, whose leadership was so brilliant that year, and Polamalu and Porter. Take away Cowher, and I bet they still win that Super Bowl. Take away Roethlisberger, and you have Chaz Batch and a sack of nickels going into the biggest game of your life. I just hate hype about coaches that are not tight. Can't stand it.

He strikes me as an unimaginative, old-school, drill seargent coach who 3 players love and 50 players hate. Almost guarantee he will flop at his next pit stop.

I really think Joe Gibbs stays all 5 years unless we have a losing season...then, I still think he could stay, or he will hand it over to Al Saunders. Gregg will get paid his bonus and leave to coach the Browns or something. He has burned his bridges here in Washington with his performance on and off the field last year. Hey Gregg, at some point you have to take blame. The Archuletta stuff was shameful for any organization in any sport. Shameful.

Lastly, this LaVar news has me so depressed. I really can't talk about it. The dudes who wrote that guest blog about him suck at life. Everyone forgets the joy...they buy the Skins spin machine.

Posted by: The Governor | June 22, 2007 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Agreed, Governor. Part of me thinks that until he backed into that magical Super Bowl year -- for which he does deserve a good bit of credit -- Cowher was a slightly more likeable Marty Schottenheimer. A good, solid dude, consistently putting competent, workmanlike teams on the field, but not a champion.

Just because Cowher may be the best available coach -- and who would be above him on that list, assuming Parcells stays retired this time? -- doesn't mean he's one of the all-time greats. Perspective, people.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | June 22, 2007 09:48 AM
________________________________________

Hmmmm, I guess that means Vinnie must also have been born around this time too...

Posted by: D7 | June 22, 2007 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Do you really think the Reaper will allow Cowher to call him out by screaming right in his face? Yikes...

Posted by: CC | June 22, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

CC, the Reaper suffering a Cowher spitstorm would be 'a taste of his own medicine.'

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Jason, what are you doing on vacation? Any plans?

Will Howard be keeping an eye on the Park in the unlikely event there is any News?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

J-Le'Can,
Enjoy your time off brohamski, once camp starts your Loudoun County property! I suggest the Five Guy's on Waxpool for burgers and fries before hitting the toll road home at night...

Posted by: Bob-Ashburn, VA. | June 22, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

yes to Jeff Fisher and his awesome mustache and Hell NO! to cowher and his chin

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Bob, how's the Ashburn Five Guys? It opened after we moved away from the Village. A bummer for me. How does it compare to the old-school Five Guys?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Say, any of you goo guzzlers know where I can get a scrambled egg sandwich with hash browns for a reasonable price?

Posted by: daveb55 | June 22, 2007 10:59 AM | Report abuse

It's pretty good Nate. I'd only been to the Reston one - Fox Mill? - before, but the burgers are damn good at the Waxpool one!

I can't believe you worked so close to there and never got to have one. Fate plays cruel tricks sometimes.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 11:02 AM | Report abuse

BTW I always used to hear all this garbage about how in-n-out burgers were the best, so I tried them when I was out West a couple of times. IMHO they have nothing on Five Guys.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I think they are different animals, Redcoat. They are each excellent in their own way.

dealer has a LOT to say on the subject of hamburgers, I hope.

And daveb55 is hungry, too.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Nate told me before, but I blame my ADD for mr forgetting.

What is an in-and-out burger again?

Posted by: 4th | June 22, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

In-n-Out is a kind of retro, greasy-delicious burger and fry joint mostly in California. They are solid.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 11:14 AM | Report abuse

well after watching the trailer for mighty heart 50 times let's play a game PTI style

top 5 B/C list of beautiful celebs:

1. morissa tomei (she's in town to all the georges out there)
2. marissa tomei
2. larry's wife on curb Y E
f. kate from lost
V. the blonde chick from lost
9. and for nate: John Mayer

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 11:14 AM | Report abuse

In-And-Out burgers RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its the worst part about not living on the West Coast....

Ya know what I am a sucker for...Sonic I love that joint....any where you can get Tater Tots is A-OK by me.....

Posted by: chris larry | June 22, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Dr. Z agreeing that #28 is an 'almost shoo-in' for the Hall:

If that's how it goes down, it shouldn't mitigate our happiness for Green, the best possible representative of any franchise since Walter Payton.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just sayin'.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

redcoat, nothing compares to in-n-out. i ate at five guys 2wice a week before i gave up eating meat. everyone's diff. i guess. (yes, you can call me mr. obvious)

but another good place for burgers is matchbox up in dc...

but 5 guys deff. rule the fast food burgers up here.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Many thanks to Five Guys for opening in Annapolis. As a transplanted Montgomery Co. guy, it's much easier to get my fix now. Those fries are like crack. Not that I know what crack is like. Just assuming. I'll stop now. Caffeine overload this a.m.

Posted by: 4-12 | June 22, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

John Mayer is a pop singer? I can proudly say I've never heard a line from the dude. Because I suspect he sucks, even if he's beautiful.

What say you, dealer?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Dealer....gave up meat?!?!?!?! And you question Nate's manlynes?!?! I have seen the dude gnaw on animal bone!

Posted by: chris larry | June 22, 2007 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I think this blog has convinced me I don't really want Cowher. I do really want Fisher, or Grimm, and truthfully I wouldn't mind Mike Martz. Whether its this year or next Gibbs is gone soon, I think if we are middle of the pack 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 which I think we'll be, Gibbs stays, if we are 6-10 or worse again he is gone, and that would be really sad but Gibbs II has been just too much grandpa not enough coach. Did anyone see the sportscenter special on the NFC east last night? I'm just saying for all you kool-aid drinking yes men just taking the party line saying "our defense is fine"...."the coaches are confident in our line" Mark Schlereth (a former Skin) blasted the Skins as the worst D in the division as he put, (paraphrazing) "the d-line was pitiful and without pressure up front it doesn't matter how good you are in the back. It is unbelievable they did nothing to address 19 sacks, no run defense, and lack of turnovers from the front four." All I have to say is......nananananannnanananan told ya so!!! I have been trying to get this through to everyone on here for weeks, we may have a wild card season/winning season, but thanks to no additions to our d-line we have no real shot at the big one, and it is inexcusable that our FO made no moves this entire offseason to address that putrid unit. That said, if Darwin Walker becomes available which it looks like could very well happen, you sign him and trade for a starting caliber end opposite Carter......and pass me the kool-aid baby!

Final thought...Vaherder shut the hell up and go back to your NYC blogs and talk about pitiful Eli and how much your gonna miss Tiki.

Posted by: Jack | June 22, 2007 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I saqw John Mayer supporting the Stones last year? at Verizon Center. Yeah I know how old an unhip seeing the Stones makes me...

He was actually pretty good, although from my vantage point I wouldn't say he was all that beautiful.

In the eye of the beholder I suppose.

And I still think in-and-out are overrated, but then I was probably eating BSE-infected meat in the UK back in the 80's so who knows what's happened to my braincells.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 11:26 AM | Report abuse

lol@cL hey! i got jm on my side. so there!

"gnaw on animal bone" why you gotta do that to me larry!? i'm hungry. honestly my mouth started watering.

but i'm thinking i'll have in-n-out. i have to!!! it would be 8 months of no meat! by the time i get there (ca).

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Redcoat....Hyping John Mayer and dissing In-And-out....where is Zebra when we need hime!

Posted by: chris larry | June 22, 2007 11:28 AM | Report abuse

nate, he's your fellow alum from wahoo country man...you gotta like him and support him.

but i heard he be trippin up at the bar and was trying to be too much like the other band folks from charlottesville...i forget their name.

but i do like his stuff. his and justin timberlake's. JT being more talented. but JT doesn't come off as being a punk as mayer does though.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 11:30 AM | Report abuse

but i heard he be trippin up at the bars in charlotesville...

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I live in Charlottesville and manage a bar, who you talking about?

Posted by: jack | June 22, 2007 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Which bar, jack?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Because John Mayer hasn't played a single bar in da ville ever, neither has Dave Mathews for a longtime for that matter. (the other band from Charlottesville you were thinking of)

Posted by: Jack | June 22, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Jack, I think they're talking about John Mayer, but I'm not sure.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Mellow Mushroom on the UVA corner..

Posted by: Jack | June 22, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

dave mathews band...jeezy peezy! had to google that!

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I really wish that Grimm had jumped onto this coaching staff over Saunders come to think of it.

Posted by: 35332 | June 22, 2007 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Nope sorry guys, no John Mayer in Charlottesville tripping or anything else.

Posted by: Jack | June 22, 2007 11:44 AM | Report abuse

jack, john mayer used to play at "the ville" ...i'll even get you the name of the bar/club...i may even have a signed cd from the fool. and it was signed in cville. this was at least 5 years ago. sorry time flies as you get old.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 11:45 AM | Report abuse

I don't like all this talk about Joe leaving if we have a bad season. It just seems ridiculously negative to be having this sort of debate 2 months before the season starts. We've got some real good players and coaches so if we can just put it all together then this could be a great year for us. I agree with previous posters who say that Joe will only leave this year if we go deep into postseason. This is a guy who is not used to failure and it would hurt him like hell to leave us with that tag. I guess he might not have much choice in that if Danny shows him the door but I just wonder if he could bring himself to give his hero the boot?? Anyway, enough of the negative stuff!! Let's not spoil the fun of looking forward to a new season by having such a gloomy debate!!

Posted by: Gordi | June 22, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

probly before you time in cville jack. but that boy was there...

35332, i heard that they tried to get grimm either last year or the year before but the stealers made it so that skins would have to give up picks. skins would've had to hire him as an HC and nothing below if they didn't want to give up any picks....

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Has anyone seen Bryan Lee in Charlottesville?

He's the reason there is a second Mrs Redcoat, and that's why I'll always have a soft spot for NOLA, but he only seems to come to Charlottesville in VA, so I wondered wht the clubs are like there.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4-12 | June 22, 2007 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Sorry;

Flag on the play. Nancy, i mean redcoat from across the pond for liking John Mayer and dissin' in-an-out.

Although zMayer was funny and good on the chappelle show. And I have never had in-and-out. Maybe cL paid me off.

Posted by: Zebra | June 22, 2007 11:58 AM | Report abuse

I like the first part of that article 4-12 linked to...
"The Hagers are trying to figure out how life went off track for their teenage daughter, Windy. "

Well, for starters, you named her WINDY. sounds like a serious son of the soil pronounciation of the name wendy, which intestingly, is a name that is reserved for a daughter of the soil.

Hey, I kid b/c both of my parents grew up on farms

Posted by: Zebra | June 22, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Hey, I kid b/c both of my parents grew up on farms

Posted by: Zebra | June 22, 2007 12:06 PM

Where do they have zebra farms?

Posted by: cload and daggar | June 22, 2007 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Nancy? NANCY!?! Why I oughta.

I always knew the guys in black and white were for sale, and now you confirmed it Zebra....

How much did cHrIs lArrY pay you?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 12:12 PM | Report abuse

John Mayer sux
Dave Mathews sux
Timberlake sux

All that siht sux......Judas Priest rulz...

(Although I agree on the sux part the joke here is a Heavy Metal Parking Lot reference. GET BARNO HIS DVD!!!!)

The rest of you SEE HEAVY METAL PARKING LOT!!!!

Posted by: chris larry | June 22, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

In the immortal words of groundskeeper willie;

You cheese eatin tea suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

Sorry, Im Irish, I ha...ve....to...mak...e...fu...n....of...th...e....brit....ish!

Posted by: Zebra | June 22, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Hey Zebra, thought you were coming down last night

Posted by: bornskinsfan | June 22, 2007 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Hey Zebra, does that mean you tell Kerryman jokes? My favourite groundskeeper Willie cry has to be "Och, my retirement grease!"

As an Englishman I always saw it as my job to oppress the Celts on a regular basis. Tragically a few years back I found out that I'm also 1/4 Welsh and 1/8th German, so now I have to oppress myself, which takes up most of my time and can lead you to go blind I'm told.

Just off now; time for my seeing-eye dog's walkies.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 12:50 PM | Report abuse

holy crap! 4-12, that's statutory rape isn't it?

that's one sick bastard!

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

You know, one of our Wrestling Coaches at good old Paint Branch High married a girl who was two years ahead of me. As I recall, no one made a huge ordeal about it at the time. Don't know what her folks thought about it, and she married him after she graduated, so she was over 18.

I'm just saying..

Posted by: John D in Houston | June 22, 2007 1:01 PM | Report abuse

To whoever asked - based on the date, LaVar would be a Gemini (rather than Cancer as someone else said).

Posted by: DD | June 22, 2007 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Yes cload;

But it gives the kids sezuires when they watch us run around.

Posted by: Zebra | June 22, 2007 1:03 PM | Report abuse

thanks john.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Mark Schlereth is from Alaska and is about as smart as a sled dog. He hasn't said anything good about the Skins since he left town and went to Denver.

Posted by: DD | June 22, 2007 1:08 PM | Report abuse

dealer- I guess that's why her parents had to sign consent forms. But still. They say they had no choice. Maybe I'm being naive since my girl is only 6 months old, but if she brings that shti to me at age 16, let's just say the guy would have a lot more to worry about than jm's hammer!

Posted by: 4-12 | June 22, 2007 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Where do they have zebra farms?

Posted by: cload and daggar | June 22, 2007 12:08 PM

Apparently in Green Isle, MN...

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Although these are smart zebras, they disguise themselves as goats.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 1:11 PM | Report abuse

DD, I always thought Schlereth's hailing from Alaska and being an Idaho Vandal were pluses. Cool factor. And he was a hell of a lineman! You can't argue with his career as a pivotal member of three championship teams. He was no Robert Horry role player, he was a great guard.

But yeah, sometimes he's as hard to listen to as Theismann, with their overcompensating, 'fair and balanced' anti-Skins stances. Phooey.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

LMGO at redcoat! "apparently in green isle, mn..." LOL! classic!

4-12, this is what i'm planning to do...i'm gonna buy a couple of shotguns and display them promenantly in the family room. and a couple of samurai swords. and an put my axe on the porch. and a picture of me looking very very angry (that ought to be easy...just gotta skip a dose or two of my meds) holding a chicken on one hand and his bloody head in the other.

just so we're clear on some things.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

"Spoke to a bunch of agents the past week who all said the same thing - for every kid the Redskins drafted not named Landry, terms will probably be the biggest hurdle."

This is more proof that players' agents are among the biggest idiots in the world. (Reference the Poston comments yesterday.)

Rookies who are late round draftees have no leverage to speak of. If they don't sign, they sit out of training camp and are quickly forgotten. That's not exactly a smart tactic for trying to make a roster.

Posted by: DD | June 22, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Ah Five Guys! That ought to be the RI meal of choice.

Now they even have a concession at National Airport. I was going to add a meal to my day for old time sake, but it was after ten PM and they were closed.

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 1:32 PM | Report abuse

If you're in Alexandria, try the burgers at Shooter McGees. They use to have 1/2 price burger night on Mondays PMs.

The guy who would seat you looked like W Shatner, so we called him Captain Kirk.

Those 1/2 price burgers were the bomb.

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I feel that the best move if Joe steps down as head coach would be to promote someone from within the organization or bring in a former Redskin coach for the job as head coach. I will name two coaches that will get us back to the physical brand of football we are used to in Washington, which is what I believe Joe Gibbs is placing a priority on getting back to.

I feel that Greg Williams would be a great choice. Greg has a great football mind and his brand of football is fast and physical. In addition, he has been loyal to the organization during his tenure here while being named as a prime candidate for head coaching jobs elsewhere. I believe he wants to stay and is patiently waiting to be offered the job. If Joe steps down, I would love to see him step up. Great teams are built with great D-E-F-E-N-S-E!

Another individual whom I feel would be a great fit for our organization as head coach would be Russ Grimm. His coaching career has been stellar. He developes physical players as evidenced in the Pittsburg Steeler teams he has coached of late. I would like to see that sort of smash-mouth style here in DC again. Games are won and lost through physically beating your opponent and winning the game in the trenches.

If Joe Gibbs steps down, I like hiring individuals who know what Redskin football is all about! I want this team to get back to basics. I want to see this team physically beat down our opponents. Great teams have great defenses and run the ball down the throats of the other team. If Joe decides to step down as head coach, Greg Williams and Russ Grimm are two men who can get the job done!

Posted by: txfort | June 22, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Any comments?

Posted by: txfort | June 22, 2007 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Still catching up...

I would have pegged J Mayer for a pop moron, but I saw him perform on Austin City Limits.

I was impressed with his songwriting, guitar playing and the tribute to legacy R&B performers.

His acoustic sound is probably too cloying for metal heads, but he can light up a Telecaster like few kids can.

Thumbs up...dating Jessica Simpson was a bad career move (but most of us would love to make a mistake like that, right?)

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

txfort... I would agree with a couple of stipulations...

Greg Williams will be good choice as long as he's learned from some of his mistakes with putting too much emphasis on his Unbreakable schemes that were completely exposed and abused last year, because we didn't have the talent to to match... If he did hand-pick Archuleta, that was another HUGE mistake... Clearly we need a GM over him...

I don't know much about Russ Grimm since he's been coaching to say whether or not he's up to being the Head Coach in DC... Could be a good choice, just don't know if he's completely qualified yet...

I hope we stick with Al Saunders's/Gibbs hybrid offense regardless... We can't afford to start over again... We need to keep this show rolling

Posted by: E in VB | June 22, 2007 1:45 PM | Report abuse

dealer- That's about right. Might add a life sized pic of the Reaper as well.

Posted by: 4-12 | June 22, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Okay, on the coach question...Jason is right it's too early to get worked up about.

My understanding is that Williams is heir apparent. Wasn't he brought in with the understanding he would take over after Gibb's tenure? So, unless the Redskins as an organization want to develop a reputation for going back on their word and otherwise displaying a lack of integrity, it's pretty much got to be Wil.....Oh, wait, nevermind.

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 1:52 PM | Report abuse

What characteristics define a Great head coach versus just a good one?

What are the things that separate a great assistant coach vs someone with head coach potential?

thoughts?

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 1:58 PM | Report abuse

JLaC,

You have THE BEST blog out here! Get some rest (I know-impossible w/the two little ones at home) and get ready for one of what I predict will be one of the craziest seasons in NFL history. Basing that on nothing but instinct.

Posted by: Green Baby G. | June 22, 2007 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Fat-bastard Pasquarelli taking another shot at Snyer/Redskins:

• Music to Redskins' ears: It didn't get much press, but RedZone Capital, the private equity firm of Washington Redskins' owner Dan Snyder, this week completed the purchase of Dick Clark Production for $175 million. The deal gives RedZone, and, thus, Snyder, the rights to "American Bandstand," "The Golden Globes," "The American Music Awards" and "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve," among other properties. Snyder plans to blend the shows into entertainment concepts at properties which include the Johnny Rockets restaurant chain, which he owns, and at the Six Flags theme parks, of which he owns 40 percent and is chairman. No word yet as to whether the former Clark properties will be used to enhance the experience at FedEx Field. Or whether, if Snyder's football team continues to sputter in 2007, game footage will be incorporated into a new series of blooper shows, a genre that Clark helped to popularize.

Posted by: Greg (Boston) | June 22, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

lol@soxLover! pastarelli is trying to be funny. but you know what...he's probly thinking that sorta stuff gets him more pub. and drives the clicks on espn.com which is all espn cares about. so i don't even bother reading him or any of the "insider" content on their site. cuz the only team i care about is the skins and jason does a good job of providing the insider info for free and so do you guys.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse

He's a hater. Plain and simple.

Posted by: Zebra | June 22, 2007 2:26 PM | Report abuse

If cowher comes to DC I can't imagine Greg Williams and Bill Cowher Ego's coexisting. Why don't they just give the job to Greg Williams

Posted by: Alexander | June 22, 2007 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Five Guys is ok. In-n-Out is better. The best by far is Fatburger, (LA, Vegas). They now have one in the Borgata in Atlantic City. It makes Five Guys look like the cowgirls when we beat them here is 05. Simply the best.

Posted by: AL | June 22, 2007 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Keep in mind folks, if we had a "drill sargent" type coach that the players revered and loathed... they would unite together and play tuff. None of this feeling entitled and having coaches baby you crap. I know times have changed, but a REAL FOOTBALL Coach ( ref Gibbs 1.0 ) would be a welcome site in my opinion.

You guys are all about Sean Taylor, and he is a hell of a player and knocks peoples heads off... but when you start missing more plays, or getting 15 yard penaties, than plays you make.. your a liablity! He needs to make tackles 1st and foremost.. and worry about wrecking shop when the oppourtunity presents itself. Anyone who knows the game will attest, not every tackle is a chance for a kill shot. If you get an oppurtunity to lay the wood ( WR over the middle, in the perfect spot to tackle, ball carrier not watching you.. ) then you know it instantly. That sh*t doesn't work in the open field, how many times did #21 fly by Tiki Barber when he tore us up last year?

Posted by: cwprice | June 22, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

and gregg, what really bugs me about pastarelli is that there's someone in the skins org who feeds him/espn scoops. and the obvious candidate for that is uncle joon. cuz uncle joon and spen have history. but danny don't do anything about it.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

This is awesome: 70 Chip in slo-mo with over-the-top soundtrack, like a spaghetti western. Awesome shots of the Hogs and of course Riggo.

Warning, Redcoat! Watch at your own risk.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

"Dr. Z agreeing that #28 is an 'almost shoo-in' for the Hall:

We need to be emotionally prepared for D.Green leapfrogging Monk and getting into the HOF first."

Nate, DrZ didn't actually agree (endorse) Green, just acknowledged they were on the list of players that the reader had assembled.

But I agree, Green will be in before Monk.

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Green and Monk will go in the HOF at the same time!

Posted by: Mark my words | June 22, 2007 2:36 PM | Report abuse

MMW,
I hope you're right.

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

dealer,
if you've been 8 months without meat, you might consider a Boca Burger or some other veggie substitute, since what passes for burger meat these days is bound to be very difficult on your system. by the time ya get a good slice of onion, some lettuce, tomato, avocado, and secret sauce on that bad boy, who can tell what the burger tastes like anyway?
i'm just sayin'...

Posted by: Redskin Willie | June 22, 2007 2:42 PM | Report abuse

did you see the way john was carrying that ball? scary.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 2:44 PM | Report abuse

thanks willie. 'know what you mean. i don't know. i'll see how i feel when i get there. i might not cave in. i've stayed away from 5 guys and their fries for so long now, considering i pass by it every day...

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 2:53 PM | Report abuse

One of the comments on that clip can't be overlooked...Jacoby was a Monster!

and no one brought down Riggins easily.

Hope to see more of that 9/9/07.

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 3:10 PM | Report abuse

J-La don't take a break, I live in the developing world and twice a day RI-updates are keeping me alive in a mosquito-ridden tropical environment (although I do have wireless internet-a plus). Seriously step it up on the guest blogs. On another note, is there going to be a post on wonder boy Bramlet at the World Bowl? I would love to hear more from Mr. 3rd string....

Posted by: PLEEEASE | June 22, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

cl, I see you are a metal head so I will forgive your comments that you don't like Dave Matthews, but never group him with the likes of John Mayer or Justin Timberlake. Dave Matthews Band belongs in the same category as the Grateful Dead and Phish. DMB is a jam band, and IMHO the best live band out there, and that covers all types of music.

I have never had In and Out, but it doesn't sound good that one of its supporters loves Sonic. That is hands down the worst fast food chain I have ever been to.

Posted by: gethanr13 | June 22, 2007 3:32 PM | Report abuse

gethnar, sonic is an acquired taste.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 3:36 PM | Report abuse

I am a HUGE DMB fan so I must add that even my friends that are hardcore rap fans like their music when I play it.

If you were to attend one of their concerts and they will blow you away. Or rent a DVD, there music is as powerful as metal but much more technically sound and creative.

Posted by: gethanr13 | June 22, 2007 3:37 PM | Report abuse

DMB in the same group as The Dead and Phish? ummm...can't say I agree with that one. I've seen DMB in concert 6 or 7 times, and don't like the live stuff as much as his albums.

Posted by: PSF | June 22, 2007 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Dealer and Willie, Ground beef is the primary, non-organ location for Bovine Spongiform Encephalopy, BSE, aka Mad Cow disease. It's more in the burger thatn whole cuts of meat because muich burger is made from the meat that surrounds the various parts of the nervous system, home to BSE. Not only that, nearly 100% of your beef re-calls involving e.coli are from ground beef. Think about how much more surface area ground meat presents and contacts with outside contamination than whole cuts of beef.
Have a nice day!

Posted by: Neil in Durango | June 22, 2007 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Not to wish harm on one of our former QB's but hopefully somebody on our D will step up and see if Jason Taylor is right. Cleo Lemmon in for the 2nd series on the way to a 35-10 week 1 win.

-------------------------

Taylor: QB could be 'scrambled eggs'
Posted: Friday June 22, 2007 08:25AM ET
Jason Taylor's recent pledge to stop giving opinions to reporters might have come too late. The Dolphins' defensive end is quoted in a national magazine this week as saying he doesn't have confidence in quarterback Trent Green's ability to take a hit after missing eight games last season due to a serious concussion. In a profile on Taylor in this week's Sports Illustrated, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year is quoted as saying about Green: "This is off the record--oh, what the hell, it's on the record: He'd better not get hit. One big hit, and he could be scrambled eggs."

Posted by: cdubb | June 22, 2007 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Warning, Redcoat! Watch at your own risk.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 02:29 PM

Before my time so it doesn't hurt, although it amazes me how much the game has speeded up in the intervening years. My grannie could have brought down Riggo and she was dead by then. :-)

Seriously though, the one thing that I think that NFL does better than any other sport is the films, they are great.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Quick update people
We are within two hundred
Of 62K

Posted by: MV Dame | June 22, 2007 3:45 PM | Report abuse

PSF,

really, I guess to each their own. DMB's sound isn't the same as the Dead or Phish, but my point is that they are touring, jam band that like to improvise. DMB is more main stream then the others ever were, but they don't belong in the same sentence as Justin Timberlake. And The Dead donated their concert audio equipment to DMB several years ago, I think that is because DMB can carry on the spirit of jam music that the Dead were famous for.

Alright, I'm going to stop. Its pretty easy to get me going about these guys.

Posted by: gethanr13 | June 22, 2007 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Another Crazy discussion, there hasnt been a tackle made yet and here is this post about the changing of the guard. Outstanding!!! "If WOULDA had a *icK we all be %ucked"

Gibbs signed a 5 yr deal. Gibbs is a HOF coach right. Which means he is a smart football coach rigth? Folks talk about the man like he is a looser. My only regret Gibbs made as far as offense concern. He went away from what got him to the HOF the 3rd yr. 2nd yr it worked noone wanted to see them healthly only thing they needed was a 2nd WR. Randle El and we would have been str8. But that to me is more a Vinny/Dan influence on Gibbs.

So what I say is b4 we even think about another damn coach let even wait for the meaningless preseason. Hell training camp would be good sign to start to se if the Coach has made changes in his approach. From what I understand this yr will not be the pitty patty camp like there was a yr ago. Back to the grind. (Sounds like the coach has decided to revert back to his winning way from that point)

Relax

Posted by: Everett Brown | June 22, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Our average pace
About 200 per day
We need 500

Posted by: MV Dame | June 22, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

"If the Skins are 2-5 in November and looking like they did a year ago..."

Start writing now Jason because they will.

No doubts.

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | June 22, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

The scary thing about what Jason Taylor said is that in that game we are just two big hits from Cleo Lemon vs. Mark Boonell. Who's pay money to see THAT game?

Neil in Durango, you're a nervous nelly. You can't live life defensively and play for a draw, the ending's the same no matter what. Where's the beef!!

BTW, I thought that the spinal cord was the primary location for prions, or does that count as an organ? I should have paid attention in biology.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Relax

Posted by: Everett Brown | June 22, 2007 3:53 PM | Report abuse

no worries dame. first preseason game i'm guranteeing 1000 posts.

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 3:53 PM | Report abuse

I'm a Metal Head myself, if in the car by myself or lifting weights.. girlfriend can't stand it. But I do LOVE DMB. They freakin play their asses off and the concerts are nasty. They never play the same song the same way twice live..

Also, it is hard to hear in Metal.. but it does take talent to play that fast and keep in rythem. You'd have to hear a bad metal band to appreciate the good ones.

Posted by: cwprice | June 22, 2007 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Fair enough...well said gethanr13. I'm just not a fan of an 8 minute "crush" being turned into a 20 minute, tired rendition. 8 minutes is long enough for me.

Posted by: PSF | June 22, 2007 3:58 PM | Report abuse

sorry if I sounded anit-metal, I do like it as well, just not my first choice usually. Without a doubt there are some very good metal bands.

Posted by: gethanr13 | June 22, 2007 4:00 PM | Report abuse

dealer, won't you share
Some of your optimism
With pessimist Ray?

Posted by: MV Dame | June 22, 2007 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Cows and BSE
I ate beef with no problems
But then I'm a moose

Sorry, 'ku. But every post counts.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Neil needs for cow............bell

Posted by: Anonymous | June 22, 2007 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Hey MV Dame, is the MV for Mount Vernon?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Pinky toe again see you in a few

Posted by: SAY IT AINT SO ADE JIMOH | June 22, 2007 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Re: Burger debate.

In the PNW we have Burgerville.

Its serves above-average regionally grown food in a typical fast food establishment.

Since BSE hit the scene they've gone with organic beef. BSE is a production method issue. Home is on the range, not in some confined animal feeding operation.

It's not the Bomb, but there is less guilt served up on the side. Gardenburger is guilt free.

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

I wish the Reaper would lay Pastabelly out

Posted by: Blackledge in Baltimore | June 22, 2007 4:29 PM | Report abuse

DMB, horrid, Phish, horrid. I have two CDs in my collection I never bothered to open. One is DMB "Listener Supported" the other is GNR "The Spaghetti Incident". I went to about 50 Dead shows. Nobody will ever get that spirit again. Widespread Panic is a pretty tolerable jam band, if you must listen to that sort of thing.

Much like ground beef, I have a lot of surface area myself.

Posted by: SMACK | June 22, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat, Naw, not me. I'm no nervous nellie. Just trying to tweak the nervous ones out there.
But prions, the source of BSE are a production issue. They are a part of the feed. The feed is cow "parts" that can't be made into human food. In other words, American commercial beef feed lots are forcing cannibalism on the steers! BSE is also typically found in older and "downer" cows. Our beloved industry via the USDA won't even let small feeders or organic producers test and advertise that their meat is BSE free. They don't want to have to deal with the implication that their meat may not be. It's all about the M-O-N-E-Y!

Posted by: Neil | June 22, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse

I loaathe DMB, sorry to all that like it....but it gives me hives, than rickets, than I puke violently for days.........

Phish suck too....

I am not a metal head per se but I do have tastes for some metal..but more Punk and hard rock than metal...

Did I say DMB suck again!

Posted by: chris larry | June 22, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Sad but true Neil. Lived through it in the UK in 80s and 90s, now here again - maybe I'm the carrier!

The way around it in the UK was not to allow any beef animal over 30 months to enter the human food chain, and all spinal/brain tissue is removed from food chain regardless and sent to pathology to be tested just in case it's finding its way back into the national herd. A lot of trouble and cost, but worth it.

Maybe one day that will happen here too, we'll see.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and of course stop grinding up cows/sheep/chickens and feeding it to livestock!

Soylent red is cattle!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 4:45 PM | Report abuse

DMB just sound like Spin Doctors with worse singing to me.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 22, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

I was in the UK quite a bit during Foot and Mouth (or Hoof and Mouth I think they called it over there). Nothing like being hosed down whenever you wanted to come in from outdoors.

But really, if you have a burger with lettuce on it, which is more likely to kill you?

Posted by: SMACK | June 22, 2007 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Three thumbs down for Dave Matthews. I saw him a couple times at UVa just as he was taking off, once at his weekly gig at that venerable dump TRAX. A lot of dudes and chicks loved it, but I never developed a taste for it. In fact, the more I heard the less I liked it. All those jam bands sound the same to me. Ugh.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK | June 22, 2007 04:57 PM

Trick question. Sean Taylor is more likely to kill you

Posted by: Anonymous | June 22, 2007 5:02 PM | Report abuse

F agribusiness and industrial food products. F confined animal feeding operations. F Monsanto and the other big bastards.

Up with responsible, sustainable, biodynamic, organic family farming. Eat local!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 5:04 PM | Report abuse

well that is why i come here to talk about sports not music

Posted by: gethanr13 | June 22, 2007 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Y'know, it's funny, I was just thinking that when my travels take me to LA, I'm just as likely to hit Astroburger or Fatburger as I am In'n'Out Burger.

I guess my point is that hamburgers are one area where LA has a diverse and thriving market.

As Stumped said, up here in OR/WA we have Burgerville, which I love. Just powered down a Pepper Bacon Tillamook Cheeseburger yesterday. That's good eating.

And don't even get me started on Pink's. That place is awesome. But that's dogs, not burgers.

I like when we talk food and music. It's like talking football, except not.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | June 22, 2007 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor MAYBE breaks one of my pinkie toes.

Posted by: SMACK | June 22, 2007 5:09 PM | Report abuse

And F Coke. And F Pepsi. Drink the local
beverages too.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 22, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor MAYBE breaks one of my pinkie toes.

Posted by: SMACK | June 22, 2007 05:09 PM

While symotaniously chattering every other bone in your body.

Posted by: gethanr13 | June 22, 2007 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Come this October
I'll be back in DC, Red
Now? Martha's Vineyard

Posted by: MV Dame | June 22, 2007 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Nate, I wish they had organic tequila.

Posted by: P Diddy | June 22, 2007 5:19 PM | Report abuse

SMACK, the e.coli leafy greens are mostly grown in the Salinas Valley. The valley is surrounded by dairy operations and the hills are filled with feral pigs, which defecate in the waterways, the water finds its way into the irrigation system and into the leaves. Since it's internal, no amount of washing will remove the e.coli. And who cooks leafy greens?

nate, my friend, your suggestion to support local ag works until you consider the "Fair Trade" folks who want more international trade so they can raise the living standards of third world farmers. There's no way to win!!

Jack LaLane said it best, "If man made it; don't eat it." He was refering to whole un-processed foods as opposed to highly processed foods, of course.

The thing to think about in the food you eat is the seasonality. For instance, don't eat grapes in the winter because they're from the southern hemisphere and have to travel a long way to get here. We are a spoiled people who expect to be able to get whatever we want whenever we want. It's a fool's errand to think that we can eat fresh fruit of all varieties whatever the season. Why do you think that those berries cost so much in the winter? It's because they were flown, that's on an airplane kids, here from Chile or New Zealand. I could go on and on and on and on and ...

Posted by: Neil | June 22, 2007 5:19 PM | Report abuse

A wise man told me I could find an colossal collection of geeks up here. Boy, he sure was correct.

Posted by: Sir Walter | June 22, 2007 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Neil, quite frankly your bumming me out....

Posted by: chris larry | June 22, 2007 5:27 PM | Report abuse

As I think about the cost and carbon footprint of berry air fare, I recall seeing the berries in my front yard are starting to show a hint of blue. Two weeks, maybe threes more to go.

Don't worry they're blue berries, not Marion Barrys.

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Let your geek flag fly I say!

Posted by: chris Larry | June 22, 2007 5:31 PM | Report abuse

You don't have to pay taxes on your Marion Barrys either...

Posted by: Anonymous | June 22, 2007 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Of course if we want to support local ag, then DC locals should buy the meat produced by vaherder!

Don't let me get to you, CL. I know too much about the e food we eat because it what's I do. There's an old saying that one should never tour a sausage plant because... Get it?

PD, you'll have to settle for organic beer and wine. They're available, and they work if consumed in sufficient quantity.

Posted by: Neil | June 22, 2007 5:35 PM | Report abuse

couldn't somebody grow organic blue agave and make an organic tequila?

Posted by: Anonymous | June 22, 2007 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Jasno's on WaPostLive right now, rocking what looks to be a pink shirt with blue stripes, and an orange tie. Damn.

Posted by: 4-12 | June 22, 2007 5:53 PM | Report abuse

i hardly ever post, but read the blog everyday and have really watched it grow. it's pretty awesome. anyways, you said thanks for reading, and i just wanna say thank you for doing it.

Posted by: Trevor Gartenhaus | June 22, 2007 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Where to organic dingleberries come into play?

Posted by: Anonymous | June 22, 2007 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Jasno,
Thanks for the scoop have a great Vaca.
u2 nate

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Tejada on the DL. bye bye streak.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 22, 2007 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Was that a real furrier sighting about an hour ago? Pretty cool.

F PETA.

Posted by: Damnorama | June 22, 2007 6:48 PM | Report abuse

Stumped, why does the Pacific Northwest have a berry named after Marion Barry anyway? It seems kind of weird to me.

Posted by: Damnorama | June 22, 2007 6:51 PM | Report abuse

D-orama,
I have no idea.

But after living in the DC area for years, I moved out here an lo and behold Oregonians have marion berrys in a jam, and well, DC has always had Marion Berry in a jam.

As for me, I make a nice Mayor Marion Berry pie every year, just to recall the sorted history.

Some things its better to not try to udderstand (too cool I'm not fixing that).

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 7:01 PM | Report abuse

I need to buy a vowel on my last...

Posted by: Stumped | June 22, 2007 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Trust me Danny boy. We both know that Cowher is no Joe Gibbs. Your best bet is to re-sign Gibbs and stop getting in his way. Give him a piece of the action, don't let him go back to racing again. You didn't see Vince L. in action but Gibbs is the closet thing to a reincarnation of Lombardi. And we were lucky Cooke and Bethard found him. Allen never came close to Gibbs.

Don't screw the pooch again. You aren't allowed all that many chances Dan Snyder.

Trust me Jason they will not be 2-5. By the third week they will be penciled for game-of-the-week on an ongoing basis. "Playboy magazine" again predicts the Skins will go deep into the playoffs. ~smiles~

Which does not mean Gibbs has not had enough of Snyder and Cerrato's shenanigans. He would never consider quitting on JKC. He did so only because of his diabetes. He had a huge new house on the Potomac in Leesburg. Do we see a huge new house
in Leesburg?

Hire Grimm with Gibbs as president. Cowher is a huge mistake. Grimm would be perfect with Gibbs to help him. Let Cowher go to Dallas.

Posted by: periculum | June 22, 2007 7:14 PM | Report abuse

The machines have gone quiet,
the lights are turned off;
City streets once so crowded,
have emptied their load.

They head for the mountains,
or race towards the beach;
Never giving a thought
to the hungry or poor.

It's another sad Friday,
in a summer of lust.

"Be back in September",
they gleefully shout;
Yet for those left behind,
there's no passion or joy.

The clicking of keyboards,
the whirring of drives;
The laughter and swearing
has subsided once more.

It's another sad Friday,
in a summer of lust.

Posted by: Solstice Hangover | June 22, 2007 7:15 PM | Report abuse

I like that Grimm idea.....does anyone know how much the 'Skins have to pay Williams if he is not their next HC?

There is a clause in his contract that he gets paid 'X' amount of dollars....what's that amount?, and do you all seriously think that Williams is not the next option?

Posted by: Big Murf | June 22, 2007 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Big Murf

I belive it is 1 mil. However Danny has to be careful since the Rooney rule is in effect. Remember the trouble Detroit got into by having a "pre-selected candidate".

Periculum

After reading your post for the past couple of months, i have come to the conclusion that you have NO idea about the game of football. I love Joe Gibbs as much as everybody else but my eyes are open. He delivered the great run during the 80's as a Coach NOT as GM picking talent. The one time he picked talent in Gibbs 1.0, he picked Desmond Howard!!! How did he do as a wide receiver? To say you want Gibbs to continue as President after he retires from coach is the most delusional thing you have ever posted. If you would wake up and watch this team objectively instead of quoting great players from years gone by you might have an understanding. Danny and Vinnie have polluted the waters so to speak but St Joe has jumped in with both feet. If he hired a GM I fully belive that he could turn back the clock to the 80's. But since he has bought into the maddness we may get lucky once or twice like the 5 game win streak in 05, but it will not be consitent, until the front office shabingus is rectified. However, I still live n die with them. Go Skins.

Posted by: AL | June 22, 2007 8:56 PM | Report abuse

bored.

watching slither.

no no you can't kill her!

EWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! that thing just went in her stomach. yuck!

kay,skins are goin to the superbowl this year baby. the first game is a W...guaranteed. c'mon they have portis, moss, and now even JC. and they'll be better on the D. i believe in double G! top 5 defense guaranteeeed!

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 9:08 PM | Report abuse

why she gotta go down there all by herself! call the police! EWEEEEEEEEEEE! RUN ibtch! the other way!

i stopped eating meat cuz of all that crap they feed the cows,chickens,birds (thanksgiving's gonna suck!)...hormone injections and all that...

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AL | June 22, 2007 08:56 PM

Nice. Any time I see a long winded post with a bunch of nonsense I scroll to see who it is. I stopped reading those a while back now.

Posted by: wtfyatalkingabout | June 22, 2007 9:21 PM | Report abuse

zebra, google's looking for a gis data dude for google earth:

Google: Google Earth, GIS Data Engineer - Mountain View

Posted by: dealer | June 22, 2007 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Good looks, AL....

Posted by: Big Murf | June 22, 2007 11:24 PM | Report abuse

"Still, the fact that [Vince] Young is breaking down a little in the offseason makes us wonder whether he'll make it through and entire 16-game season as a starter, especially since he's not afraid to pull the ball down and take off."

Yeah, and I'm "not afraid" to tuck into a nice juicy blackened prime rib either. wtf!

Posted by: cload and daggar | June 22, 2007 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Breaking down? Is he auditioning for The Young and the Restless?

Posted by: SMACK | June 23, 2007 12:37 AM | Report abuse

This is all absurd!

Joe signed a five-year deal and he plans to honor that deal and no one should suspect otherwise.

After that G.Williams is taking over, that's been the plan all along.

Gibbs wants to bring stability back to the Redskins of all things and he's doing that and when he retires after 2008 it will be a smooth transition to Williams.

and I for one am fine with that! Williams is one of the best defensive minds in football and I have no worries that the D will return to form this year.

I hate to say it but this really is poor journalism from a "Redskin Insider" who should be better informed......this is more like the work of one of those randomly googled AOL Sports article....please take the vacation!

Cowher?! Fisher?! Puh.....leeeeez!

No thanks!

Posted by: Mike C | June 23, 2007 3:09 AM | Report abuse

Dealer:

Thanksgiving doesn't have to suck. You can get natural/organic fresh whole turkey at a reasonable price if you do some research beforehand and look around for retailers who carry it in advance. No hormones, no bad feed, no little cages - just lots of natural grains and room to roam.

The taste is excellent, but slightly different than what you might be used to. However, it is definitely worth the effort if you are interested.

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | June 23, 2007 3:31 AM | Report abuse

Vic Carucci of NFL.com talks Redskins.

Posted by: The Crickets | June 23, 2007 3:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Crickets | June 23, 2007 5:34 AM | Report abuse

Hey I moved to Orlando FL 2 years ago...5 GUYS JUST OPENED HERE! Have not been yet but people around town are talking about how good it is...heard so many...I have not had a 5 Guys burger in 3 years! I'm going today! lol

Posted by: leevi | June 23, 2007 6:30 AM | Report abuse

Jasn0, have a wonderful vacation. By the way, has the Washington Post relocated to Europe? That seems like a lot of vacation time. You might as well start calling it "holiday" time. Anyway, enjoy it for the littles who might get a couple of weeks off this year.

Posted by: bangkokben | June 23, 2007 6:36 AM | Report abuse

Look at Danny Boy's history of hires and free agent signings with the Deadskins and
Danny Boy you need to stop using your smaller brain for these decisions. Have any of your head coaches worked out? No.

Now you boys and girls who post here I have one question for you all Do you ever win at pocket pool?

And I think the curse of Le Boulez is starting to work on the Deadskins "Top Draft Pick Takes a Paint Ball to the Groin"
Now if you saw this headline on ESPN's website what team would come to mind? The Wizards!

Gibbs et al and Snyder have done very little to improve team in the off season.
Receivers are questionable after Moss and D line most of them would have a hard time starting for the top 4 teams in the SEC.
Greg Williams as head coach what are you morons smoking? He would make Coughlin look like Katie Couric. Greggy boy is part of the reason the D sucked. The players just have had enough of his coaching style.

And Jeff Fisher did have a say on the receivers with the Titans. Titans have the only receiver corp that is worse than the Skins. And both are are starting inexperienced QBs. Bright move.

Posted by: vaherder | June 23, 2007 7:00 AM | Report abuse

Jason,

Man what kind of example are you setting for your son. Whining about your allegedly broken little toes! Unless you psot the xrays you are just crying wolf! Boy you sound like a drag queen out on Dupont Circle who just put a run in his $30 pantyhose. Let your testicles descend man. And do a Ronnie Lott and cut off the offending toes. You cover the NFL set an example puke! So suck it up like all good metrosexuals and walk proudly into the salon this afternoon when you go to get your pedicure, manicure and bikini wax! Maybe Nate will rub lotion on you after the wax job!

Posted by: vaherder | June 23, 2007 8:00 AM | Report abuse

Oops, I meant jackass. And Golston started for Georgia you no sport watching ass clown. You know nothing about football, which must mean you are a Giant, Eagle, Cowboy fan with Mommy/Daddy issues.

Posted by: Vaherder is a genius | June 23, 2007 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Hey,can anybody tell me if Comcast has added the NFL network channel to its premium list?I was getting it free,but last night I was flipping chanels and got a message saying I wasnt authorized for that channel.Where you at 85?

Posted by: dawglbs | June 23, 2007 8:49 AM | Report abuse

not sure if comcast is different in PA but the NFLN has always been in the premium package here.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 23, 2007 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Guy. I saw you get ripped a new one by Leonsis. What did you expect when you were being a smart ass while he was listening prior to the interview. You need to get over yourself a bit.

Posted by: Jim | June 23, 2007 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Dealer, the solution to making sure you eat real food that will be good for you is to develop a relationshuip with some local growers. That way you can talk with them about your concerns, see their operations and know where your food comes from. As your family grows and enjoys the superior food you eat, these same growers will welcome you to their farms and your kids will develop a deep appreciation of food, including, if you want, where meat really comes from: living animals. And that's a good thing.

Gee whiz, you could start your local foods quest by buying from vaherder, that is assumiong that va really is farmong and not hiding behind an assumed identity.

Posted by: Neil in Durango | June 23, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Time Warner just became Comcast here in Houston - and I finally HAVE the NFL Network - but it is a premium channel

Posted by: John D in Houston | June 23, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

I like to eat dog poop.

Posted by: vaherder | June 23, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

well people,

P.S. May lots of diseases come to the a$$clownz that post stupid stuff here.

Posted by: charlie | June 23, 2007 2:05 PM | Report abuse

ITA

Posted by: Anonymous | June 23, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

LETS GET GRIMM!

Posted by: TDawg | June 23, 2007 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Re: Comcast and NFL network-

i saw a commercial yesterday with comcast offering a sports package that included the nfl network for an additional $1.99 per month. If I had digtal cable, I would hop on it........

Posted by: 4th via home floor | June 23, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

P.S. May lots of diseases come to the a$$clownz that post stupid stuff here.

Posted by: charlie | June 23, 2007 02:05 PM

That is like someone wishing your plane crashes on the way to Europe. There is a thing called karma, don't wish disease on anyone regardless of what you think.

Posted by: ITA | June 23, 2007 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ITA | June 23, 2007 02:50 PM

Eh, I should have said negative and nasty comments. Anyway, it's all tongue-in-cheek.

Eh, if my plane crashes, it crashes. Whatever.

Posted by: charlie | June 23, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Or maybe I should use the moniker Karma Police from now on.

Anyway, I wish everyone no matter how evil nothing but good things and happy times!
;-)

Posted by: charlie | June 23, 2007 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Good luck Charlie. I always consider Europe an improvement. Hold the Radiohead. Actually they are okay.

Posted by: SMACK | June 23, 2007 3:55 PM | Report abuse

The Saturday afternoon doldrums strike again. Any non-Cowboys loving regulars out there? Otherwise, SMACK, the floor is yours. Whadda ya got that's interesting, funny, etc.?

Posted by: Mad Dog | June 23, 2007 4:02 PM | Report abuse

WOW.....Hamburg won the NFL Europa World Bowl and our guy Casey Bramlet was named MVP!

Posted by: Lisa | June 23, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Good news, Lisa. On a different note, what have you been hearing about who the Wizards might take? Any truth to the Jamison for Marion trade rumers?

Posted by: Mad Dog | June 23, 2007 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Good news, Lisa. On a different note, what have you been hearing about who the Wizards might take? Any truth to the Jamison for Marion trade rumors?

Posted by: Mad Dog | June 23, 2007 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Name says it all...

Posted by: Lisa is always on time! | June 23, 2007 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Deal AL

"The one time he picked talent in Gibbs 1.0, he picked Desmond Howard!!! How did he do as a wide receiver? To say you want Gibbs to continue as President after he retires from coach is the most delusional thing you have ever posted."

I don't know my record for predicting things has been quite good. Hmmm Desmond Howard. Oh that guy wasn't he the MVP of a superbowl team? Didn't he help the GB Packers a while back. Gibbs always, ALWAYS chose WHO stayed and who went. Yes, Desmond was not a great receiver. But at least he could do kickoffs and punts. Now can you say that about Westbrook? About Gardner? Gibbs mistakes are the kind most of the idiots around the league would love to make!

He brought Riggins back from retirement. He made Joe Theismann, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Stan Humpheries ... and hey EVEN almost Jay Schroeder into superbowl QBs. THESE ARE NOT #1 of all 1st rounders like John Elway or Dan Marino.

Again Gibbs greatest strength was recognizing before most that character is everything. The physical tools are important ... but without character they are a waste. Just ask Westbrook, and Gardner. Its the lecture they seem to be throwing at Anthony Montgomery.

Dude you don't know jack about football. But then your posts demonstrate that clearly enough. One thing is for sure NFL football requires intelligence. That is clearly lacking in your case. ~smiles~

Posted by: periculum | June 23, 2007 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Mad Dog, those Jamison/Marion rumors were just that....a stupid rumor started (it seems) by ESPN. The Wiz totally denied it and I understand the Suns laughed.

I have no idea who they will pick...but they have been working out a lot of guys.

Posted by: Lisa | June 23, 2007 6:18 PM | Report abuse

"I'm outta here. Gonna go to Europe for a year. May check in occasionally. Have fun. Hail Redskins.

P.S. May lots of diseases come to the a$$clownz that post stupid stuff here."

And may the gypsies in Siracusa steal your wallet, all your cash ... may an Italian or French papagallo steal your lady while you are watching ... may your p-p fall off from swimming in the polluted waters ... :)

Posted by: Anonymous | June 23, 2007 6:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: periculum | June 23, 2007 06:09 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | June 23, 2007 7:03 PM | Report abuse

This should be what it looks like but I am sure it won't. Bramlett may not have the experience but has more talent than Brunell at this satge of his career.

1. JC
2. Bramlett
3. Jordan Palmer

Posted by: 2007 QB's | June 23, 2007 7:07 PM | Report abuse

...but they have been working out a lot of guys.

Posted by: Lisa | June 23, 2007 06:18 PM

So have I!

Posted by: Jenna Jameson | June 23, 2007 7:28 PM | Report abuse

I haven't seen this mentioned: Maske wrote up a nice article about Kevin Mitchell.

Can you believe his wife found out she's carrying his (last) child the day after he was buried? Wow.

Posted by: Well See | June 23, 2007 8:46 PM | Report abuse

neil, first of all i shouldn't have said what i said up there. it was a really stupid, lazy, unsolicited, and offensive remark to people who love eating meat and can't afford "organic".

and it's fcking expensive...this organic stuff. milk is $8/gallon.

truth is i don't know why i stopped. it wasn't a conscious decision. i just didn't feel like eating meat anymore.

after a month of feeling like this i went into five guys and ordered a cheeseburger(lettuce, tomatoes, mayao, ketchup, mustard, grilled onions, jalapenos) and of course fries. i didn't do so well. i felt like throwing up after eating. so i'll always rember that feeling and will be in the back of my head even when i pass by in-n-out.

but thank you for the suggestions about the local farms. i had never thought of that. since we have lots of farms out here i wonder how this works. if they advertise it or something.

i read somewhere that the co-founder (or wife) of Cisco lives out west in LoCo and she has a restaurant up there and they serve beef that's "organic" and it costs $60 per pound. i don't know what kinda cab you drive but i can't afford that.

i'll google this and repost if i'm wrong about the price. google search term will be: (Cisco co-founder western Loudoun County+restaurant+hunters' head)

charlie, good luck to you brother. i hope everything goes well for you. i've thought about doing that too. but maybe when the kids are school-age at least then they'll get to experience it too. i hope you don't miss the superbowl run.

Posted by: dealer | June 23, 2007 9:31 PM | Report abuse

couldn't find the prices anywhere...but here's the link:

Posted by: dealer | June 23, 2007 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Can I please just go to CVS without hearing One of These Nights?

F Don Henley
F Butterball

Posted by: SMACK | June 23, 2007 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa | June 23, 2007 04:25 PM

Quotes from Bramlet immediately after the game:

"Alas, poor Jordan Palmer, I knew him well!"

"O, that Mark Brunell's too, too solid flesh would melt!"

Posted by: Yorick | June 23, 2007 11:51 PM | Report abuse

Hey Dealer!

Check this out, just to get an idea.

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | June 24, 2007 1:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | June 24, 2007 1:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | June 24, 2007 1:54 AM | Report abuse

Dealer:

Check these folks out, too.

Posted by: Ocho-Ocho | June 24, 2007 1:57 AM | Report abuse

"1. JC
2. Bramlett
3. Jordan Palmer

Posted by: 2007 QB's | June 23, 2007 07:07 PM "

---
I doubt it for 07 but could easily see it in 08. I am guessing Palmer will be a practice squad QB for this year, and will more than likely follow in his brother Jessie's footsteps. (Short career backup, then find something else to do.)

Posted by: 35332 | June 24, 2007 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: KK | June 24, 2007 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Hey there....I'll throw up a new Bramlet post....Well, maybe not "throw up..."

Posted by: Cindy | June 24, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

"Quit living in the past man. You dont use the 4th overall draft pick on a KR/PR. By your logic we should have drafted Ted Ginn over Landry."

You mean the present don't you? Didn't Casserly draft David Carr #1 of #1's? Didn't he lose his job as a result?

And who knows given his success as a kick returner maybe Gibbs and company could have made him into a productive receiver if not all-pro caliber. Its about character and not giving up. Do you honestly believe that Desmond Howard gave up?

Today character is even more important than in the past. Why? Because there seems to be so little of it. The last "character" team the Redskins fielded was in Norv Turner's 2nd to last year when they had collected all of those veterans and Brad Johnson to make a run. They just barely lost to Tampa Bay. In the end that is why you go for veterans.

But TODAY you end up with "veterans" like Brandon Loyd, instead of high quality veterans like they could get before everyone finally figured out the salary cap deal. So TODAY you try to find rookies who exhibit the kind of character necessary and train them. See if they can take the next step. You add a few good free agent veterans as they become available.

This is something Gibbs is really good at. Finding character. GM's etc. are best at finding talent with potential, physical tools. They aren't going to be able to predict what would happen when you put them in the crucible that is the NFL. That's why Betheard liked Mike Oliphaunt and Gibbs released him.

Posted by: periculum | June 24, 2007 3:44 PM | Report abuse

"What's the odds that the 'Skins trade Bramlett for a DE or DT? Guy might have good trade value when a few of the starting QB's get hurt in camp."

Not unless they get real value. Buffalo does have 2 disgruntled starters at end and tackle. Draft picks for both players plus a db or one of their draft picks would make sense. But Marv Levy former Redskins special teams coach under Allen, former
head coach Buffalo AND NOW ****PRESIDENT***** seems far too smart to go for that unless he has no other choice to get some value for the players.

Right now that possibility bears scrutiny.

Posted by: periculum | June 24, 2007 4:07 PM | Report abuse

They aren't going to trade Bramlet like they did Sage Rosenfels. They aren't going to get anything of value for him. His best value would be making the team as #2 ahead of the "cagey" veterans. Just as Ramsay's would have been. Ramsay could have been very productive here and even ended up with the starting job. Its not good when a QB decides that the competition is too much for him. And we see from his "travels" that fact has been borne out.

Gibbs always KEEPS his QBs unless they ask to leave. Schroeder, Humpheries, and Ramsay all wanted to leave.

Posted by: periculum | June 24, 2007 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Go the Dutchy U/21's!! WooHoo!

Posted by: kost52 | June 24, 2007 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat - I've sent you the invite via the NFL site, it you don't receive it, let me know and I'll email you the instructions directly.

Any other takers??

Posted by: kost52 | June 24, 2007 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Hey dealer, the place you were talking about earlier is the Hunter's Head Inn in Middleburg. It was (still is I think) owned by Sandy Lerner, who's a real character.

It's out on Route 50, so maybe 35 miles or so outside DC?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 25, 2007 7:09 AM | Report abuse