John Beck learning on the fly

Just a day after news surfaced that he'd signed a contract extension with the Redskins, quarterback John Beck said he's been given no roster assurances by coaches. But Beck says he feels he did everything he could since joining the team just one month ago.

"I'm really excited to be here with Coach [Mike] Shanahan," said Beck, who signed a two-year, $2.25 million extension that now runs through 2012, "and to be in this offense with Kyle Shanahan. There's a lot of things that I really like about here. For me, it was just a great opportunity."

in Thursday night's loss to the Cardinals, Beck had his most extensive playing time since joining the Redskins, and he'd probably be best served to focus on the positives. Beck was 11-of-21 passing for 132 yards. He had one interception and turned in a quarterback rating of 52.1.

But while the other quarterbacks on the roster have been learning the Redskins' new offense for the past six months, Beck has had only four weeks since he was acquired in a trade with the Baltimore Ravens.

"He's done a good job trying to pick it up," Mike Shanahan said. "Sometimes he'll miss a little bit with terminology, but I thought overall, he did OK."

Beck says he's still feeling growing pains. The difficult part is, he's having to un-learn the Baltimore offense at the same time he's trying to digest Shanahan's complex system.

"It's as comfortable as I can feel for the time I've been here," Beck said. "It's tough because before I got traded, I spent a long time trying to get good at what [the Ravens] did. Then all of a sudden - boom - you're into something different. There's some habits that I have from that style that I have to get out and create habits in this style of offense."

While Shanahan traditionally keeps only two quarterbacks on the 53-man roster, Beck's contract extension seems like a strong indication that the coach plans to keep three to start this season. With Donovan McNabb's history of injuries, a little insurance might not be a bad idea.

By Rick Maese  |  September 3, 2010; 9:30 AM ET
Categories:  quarterbacks
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Game's leading tackler Robert Henson hurt
Next: Source: John Beck takes pay cut for 2010 season

Comments

You drive a hard bargain, beep...deal! Oh, and you can have all the blog cred and Star Wars action figures - I'll be down at 11th with the hot blonde.

And now for something anyone with any cred would agree on - is there a bigger d-bag in college football (maybe all organized football) than Lane Kiffin? To say he rubs me the wrong way would be like saying I like Chipotle and blondes with large racks. Slight understatement.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

I don't get the Beck extension. Between signing a third QB and keeping a roster spot open for BBanks, I'll go with the BBanks spot. Dude has special speed.

Posted by: Kenbeatrizz | September 3, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

From what I have seen in the past two games, I would pick Beck over Bartels. Beck makes quick reads, is decisive, and has a quick release. Bartels seems to hold on to the ball a bit too long at times, and doesn't seem nearly as sure in what he is doing.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

The Cowboys are trying to trade Crayton right now because they know he would go straight to the Redskins. If they are unsuccesful, he would come in and compete later in the season for the #3 WR spot.

Good chance Austin will take over the #2 spot because of his crisp route running and sure hands. Cooley, I believe, will start out the 1st game as the #3 on many plays.....

@Beep-Beep - History shows WR and the age 38 doesn't mix, save for Jerry Rice.

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 3, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Damn that's a lot! Had no idea he coughed up the rock that many times!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 3, 2010 9:41 AM

How many touches do you think he had? He had 44 fumbles (lost 16 of them) in about 2200 rushes and receptions. So it's one in 50. He had 1070 returns with 33 fumbles, about one in 33.

Anybody want to put up the numbers for this year's version of Marcus Mason -- Brandon Banks?

Posted by: beep-beep | September 3, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

I hope that Henson's injury does not prove to be serious or long in healing. He has been coming on strong, and we seriously need the depth a LB. I think he makes the team regardless.

I've been quite happy with Chris Wilson's play too. I've been thinking for weeks now that his play has been better than either Carter or Alexander. It puzzles me why the coaches seem so high on Carter. I just don't see it from what I saw in the first three games.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

what makes you so sure we'd take Crayton even if we could? would you pick him up at the expense of Banks, Austin, Armstrong? Not me.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

" History shows WR and the age 38 doesn't mix, save for Jerry Rice.Posted by: 4thFloor"

That's the thing about history -- it's always being revised.

Posted by: Samson151 | September 3, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone know how much guaranteed money Beck received with his extension? Since there's no cap right now, what do the Skins lose if they cut him on Sunday?

Posted by: G-SHOK | September 3, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Lane Kiffin = Nick Saban

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 3, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

My biggest problem with Wilson is that he loses his head sometimes in games, it's 2 weeks in a row he has cost us a 15 yard personal foul penalty, otherwise very talented and probably our 2nd best pass rusher to Orakpo.

Posted by: monk811 | September 3, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

twisi

"I'd trade Carter to the Jags for Nelson (FS) who may be on the bubble down there,.."

Sounds like a plan.

And I'd start C Wilson at OLB in his place.

But AC's contract makes moving him difficult, and dude wants to be a redskin.

Giving a no-trade clause to a football player is just another bonehead FA decision made by the former Wizards of Redskins Park.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

repost

We were 4-12 last year with the worst coach in the NFL. His idiocy cost us several games. So, with last year's talent at the time and a real coach, we would have had a few more wins.

Bring in a real coach, who has upgraded many positions, including getting a real defensive coordinator and a pro-bowl QB, and 8-8 would be a disappointment this year.

This team is easily capable of 8-11 wins. Sure, we could win 5 or 6, but we could also win 10-12. That's why predictions are pointless and we let the men on the field play the games. But, you can't be a true "fan" and predict a terrible season. To be a true fan of the Redskins (or any team) means you are optimistic and believe in the best.

So, 19-0, here we come.

Posted by: Section104 | September 3, 2010 8:38 AM | Report abuse

cosign, and pass the kool-ade. It's Dallas week. HTTR.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 3, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | September 3, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

beep, brown said Mitchell in addition to his 44 fumbles on offense also had 14 kick return fumbles and 19 punt return fumbles.

Dude I don't care how many "touches" you have, EIGHTY FUMBLES is still a hell of a lot of fumbling.

It's like saying yeah I slept with a 1,000 chicks, but I only had contacted the clap 15 times. Sh*t just doesn't sound good...

Posted by: RedDMV | September 3, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

It's looking like our WR corps this year will be just Smurfy! I think both Austin and Banks will make the 53, but one of them will be inactive on game days. Banks has shown that he can be a weapon when he gets the ball in his hands, but his inconsistancy at keeping the ball in his hands once he gets it is scarry.

For a long time I thought that Roydell Williams was a lock to make the team over one of these two guys, but he seems to have dissapeared in recent weeks. With Shanahan, though, I just can't be sure. He seems to de-emhasize players he knows he wants on the roster. Kinda the way Galloway has been almost invisable in preseason even though it seems like he is a lock to make the team.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

"While Shanahan traditionally keeps only two quarterbacks on the 53-man roster, Beck's contract extension seems like a strong indication that the coach plans to keep three.."

I wonder if Beck with limited experience is the same with the inefficient Rex Grossman who has extensive experience.

And if they are both kinda the same, maybe you eventually release Rex, and have Beck in place next year with the drafted rookie.

You'd think Rex would be a great addition, what, with his already kowing the Shanahan offense.

But his erratic play and tendency for turnovers makes him out to be like a Charlie Brown type quarterback who's a good man.

But in the long run, someone you just can't trust.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

I think you gotta keep Banks. He will continue to improve. That first kick return - there's nobody on the team besides him that turns that into a 44 yard return. Too dangerous - we need guys that can make big plays.

Looked to me like Oldenberg is gone for the season. I hope the same is not true for Henson. The guy played great last night.

I also thought Erik Cook played pretty well at center. Never saw him getting trucked into the backfield, and seemed to block well on running plays as well. I think he is worth keeping around, even if it's Practice Squad.

Regarding Beck, the guy is still learning the O. Bartel has been here since last season, so it's understandable that Beck still looks a little rusty. I think they have already made their choice on this one.

And Albert was definitely dogging it last night. Hope he shows up with a nasty disposition for Dallas!

F-Dallas!

HTTR!

Posted by: edvar | September 3, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

That's the problem....No one has ever claimed Galloway a 'lock' to make the final 53.

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 3, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

haha! Count me in. just so you don't try to weasel out when, I mean if, I win - do you agree that "for the first two games everything I say will not only have my credibility behind it, but yours as well"?

Sorry, I'm not a lawyer but I play one in a government office (comforting, isn't it?)

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

Well, LMG, did you sleep at a Holiday Express last night?

Posted by: frediefritz | September 3, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 10:07 AM

You have to remember that Carter has a no trade clause in his contract. They can't trade him unless he WANTS to go. I cant picture him wanting to go to the Jags.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Might turn out to be a good thing for Henson- they can put him in storage on the PUP list for 6-8 games..Dude had a helluva night, as did Chris Wilson, too bad..

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

Crayton took 2 punts to the house last year and is good for 50+ catches when healthy..I'd take him over Galloway anyday..

Lane Kiffin is a opportunistic fly-by-night, like the b-ball coach for Kentucky that bailed on Memphis after a slew of violations (under his watch) befell that team.."This is what is wrong with college athletics", said coach Knight..NCAA seems to be cracking down to rectify said sullied image lately..

Posted by: frak | September 3, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | September 3, 2010 10:06 AM

I saw the game and specifically the facemask penalty that cost us 15 yards and it was hardly a case of him losing his head. He strung out the running back who was stiff arming at the same time that Wilson's facemask and helmet was being grabbed from behind AND he was being held.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 3, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

I cant picture him wanting to go to the Jags.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I can't picture ANYONE wanting to go to the Jags. They'll be moving to L.A. in a couple years, book it...

Posted by: monk811 | September 3, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Banks you showed a lot of hustle out there.

That's why it was so hard to cut you.

Posted by: Rahtard | September 3, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

4th, no one has said any of these guys are locks to make the team. Of course you know that some just are: McNabb, Portis, Orakpo, Fletcher, etc...

I do agree with you about Galloway though. If he makes not only the roster, but is the #2 WR, then the Redskins just may have the WORST wide receiving corp in the NFL.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 3, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 10:07 AM

We are aware of Carter's 'no-trade' clause, and for the life of me, I wonder why you'd give such a thing to a football player.

Carter would've had great value last spring after a season where he compiled 11 sacks.

Now, if he has a middlin' year as an outside linebacker, and is also a year older, maybe not so.

Not adding J Porter or L Foote to solidify the OLB/ILB position was one mistake BA made.

The other?: not finding a way to get value for a player in AC who just doesn't fit what Jim Haslett wants to do.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 3, 2010 10:15 AM |

I'd say since he didn't play last night and the other "receivers" haven't stepped up he's a lock. Banks, unfortunately seems to be a fumble machine, Hodge, Williams, Wade etc. haven't shown anything.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 3, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 10:07 AM

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I'm preparing my crow feast for saturday because it seems likely that Fat Albert will make the final 53. I've got some crow curry simmering in the crockpot, but Albert's play is not helping to make it any more palatable. Considering that for the entire preseason he has been playing against back-ups, if he's half the player that some people up here make him out to be, he should have been dominating his competition. So far his performance has been mediocre at best.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Freddie- I wouldn't say "sleep"...there was 3 hoes (and I ain't talkin no garden tool) and 10 grams of dat true Colombian.

-Signed Michael Irvin

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

By: Reds

CTF on RED!

Galloway's name does not belong in that group of names! Galloway hasn't done SJK in 2+ years! All those other bamas you have named are still relevant....

***Blocking RedDMV's comeback like Mutombo***

***Now waging my finger @ you***

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 3, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

A lot of good thoughts this morning.

I thought Hensen looked great, but does he have an injury problem? Wasn't he out last year also?

BBanks - small stature, 5'5", means small hands. He catches passes real well, but is apt to lose the ball with contact. When he caught a pass, then fell to the ground without being hit, ball popped loose. He recovered it tho. But while you can teach players to not fumble, BB starts at a disadvantage, due to size of fingers. He still might make team, but that's a tough call.

Did anyone see Selvish last night?

I thought our second string D held up real well against their #1's. I just hope we can cover the middle of the field on 10-20 yd passes.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 3, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

scamp, Shanahan has said that if you didn't dress last night it doesn't mean that you've made the team.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 3, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Double pontificating post: ooops.....
...Sorry, folks.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Lane Kiffin = Nick Saban

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 3, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

You CANNOT be SERIOUS!!! Idiot!!

Signed,
Johnny Mac

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Re: Henson

Great to see a home-grown draft pick start to excel as a LB in the 3-4. We need young athletic true LBs for that role - not just older converted DEs. Too bad he got injured, but he's got a future here. Depending on injury maybe PUP or even IR can keep him around for another year and continue to develop and make the eventual exit of Fletcher and/or ROcky Mac a little more bearable.

Re: Banks

Cut. If Shanny wanted a small speedy return-guy with fumbling problems, he could have easily brought back Anthony Alridge - whom he already knows. Your first job is to secure the ball. Between Hall, Moss, Buchanon and DThomas, this team can patch together some PR/KR that will work just fine. If we need a small explosive receiver to use in the slot, his name is Santana Moss.

Re: Galloway being 38.

Who cares. He's still shaking defenders and who is out there that would be a clearly head-n-shoulders better option? He knows the league, brings some extra vet experience. Besides, when McNabb gets into a rhythm he is usually spreading the ball around to lots of receivers, which means we don't need Galloway to catch 75 balls. If he can catch 30-40 with a few long TDs in there, then he'd have done the job.

Re: Tryon, Westbrook

Tryon is the guy to keep. I know Westbrook has a better rep as a ST standout, but he's past his window of opportunity to develop into a reliable CB. Tryon still has upside to actually play CB in the league. If you are picking between a guy who is a special teams ace and a younger guy with real ability to be a #3 or even #2 CB in the league, you go with the latter.

Posted by: p1funk | September 3, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 3, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

true, but anyone who was in the "not a mortal lock but looks safe" category that didn't play, i.e., Anthony Armstrong, is pretty much a lock barring alien abduction, in which case I think we get a conditional pick. Win-win.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 3, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

Hey, I'm not attacking him, I love how he plays and feel that call was a bogus one also, but he's not a rookie. For someone that's not just played in this league but another also, and played multiple positions, I'd just like him to play smarter, keep your hands away from that facemask.

Posted by: monk811 | September 3, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Lane Kiffin = Nick Saban

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 3, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse
__________________

Lane Kiffin = Nick Saban - experience, success, and coaching ability

Lane Kiffin - Monte Kiffin = out of football

Posted by: skinsfan713 | September 3, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Re: Galloway being 38.

Posted by: p1funk | September 3, 2010 10:35 AM

WTF is he shaking?!!?!?? HE ain't even playing....

How can this dude be head and shoulders? If he's not head and shoulders go with DT11 and the rookies along with someone getting cut this weekend.

Otherwise, you are slowing down everyone elses development for this old MoFO....

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 3, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | September 3, 2010 9:57 AM

First of all, comparing a guy who folks campaigned to play regularly on offense doesn't equate to a 4th string (at best) WR getting a chance to play on special teams. Mangos and chitlins, dude.

I can't find all of Banks' numbers (I guess preseason really doesn't count), but it seems to me if you get 1 TD and lose 1 fumble every 4 games, that's not exactly the worst thing in the world...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

"Then all of a sudden - boom - you're into something different."
Did this kid study under Madden?

Lane Kiffin = Nick Saban

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 3, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

You CANNOT be SERIOUS!!! Idiot!!

Signed,
Johnny Mac

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

N.Saban is comparable from a douchbagery standpoint. Though really Lane takes that to the next level.
But as far as coaching is concerned Lane wouldnt be qualified to hold Sabans clipboard. They are truly on different levels as coaches. Thank Monte for anything positive that comes from L Kiffins career.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 3, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

The pros don't play for real until the 12th.

And so, this weekend's required viewing is:

21 LSU v. 18 North Carolina (SAT nite)

The Tar Heels feature some excellent young defensive lineman, and LSU, well, one of the nation's best up and coming speed players.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

pfunk, I have you batting .500 in the post above. Banks > > > Aldrige, don't go there. Yes, it will be a nailbitter for BB, but I strongly feel he should make it. So much more upside than what Wade, Williams provide; Hodge intrigues me but hasn't made enough of his opportunities from what I can tell. If it came down to Banks or Galloway (I'm not saying it will but plausbile), I'd have to ask myself what is better for the team from a 3-5 year perspective (which is exactly how Shanny/Allen are looking at this, not a "win now" approach as some are wildly stating) - a 1 yr rental who is pushing 40 and hasn't done a thing in almost 2 yrs, or a 22 yr old kid with electric quickness, breakaway speed and a real chance to be a game changer not only at PR but (in a couple yrs) also in the slot?

Easy choice if you ask me.

Signed,

Brandon's agent

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 3, 2010 10:23 AM

St. Louis takes that honor no matter what.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 3, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Re: Tryon, Westbrook

Posted by: p1funk | September 3, 2010 10:35 AM

Last week I would said I thought Westbrook should make the team ahead of Tryon, but I'm flip flopping on that one this week.

Posted by: TWISI | September 3, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse
_________

Yeah, but he hasn't taken every kick in every game, either. His rate of fumbles per return is pretty high. As fast and elusive as he is, the fumbles have made me wonder if he can really do it full time.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | September 3, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

At the very minimum, I believe that Albert Haynesworth is in the best shape (for him, of course) that he has likely been in over the last 2 or 3 years. I also hope that he is really ticked that he's been getting killed in the media and having to play with the second team. The planets are aligning for an opening night jailbreak from him against the overrated Cowpies.

I know I will have folks that disagree with me on this but I like the way that Shanny has handled the team and AH respectively.

Lastly, anyone think that opening night could be a showcase for other teams that might have interest in AH? I get that he is still the most talented DT we have but I could totally see a swap for VJAX going down. The only problem would be how to get AH's 4-mil yacht out to the SD area.

The Cow-faigs are going to be in for a rude awakening and I can already see Orakpo crunching Dez on a drag route or in the flat. Yee haaaw!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 3, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 3, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

True, but given the uncertainty of the WR position I feel pretty confident in saying that if you didn't play, you're on the team. That's only 3 guys right?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 3, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

on a positive note, thought that DT had a good night on KR duty...I think you give him this job and let him run with it, and he'll improve week to week....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 3, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 3, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

He got open against the Bills deep and he was open against the Jets DBs.

The dude is getting open.

He's not getting many series/reps in the preseason b/c as Shanny has already said - He already knows what Galloway is capable of doing and doesn't need to evaluate him.

As certain as you are about your opinion you have exactly zero perspective on what Galloway is showing the coaches in practice. He's never NOT been with the first-stringers so far.

We all saw your preferred WR depth chart, 4th. Frankly, I think alot of us weren't sure if you were serious or joking...

Posted by: p1funk | September 3, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Moss, Thomas and Armstrong should be the #1,#2,#3 WRs on the depth chart.

Agree that Galloway is good to have around for his vet experience and as insurance, but he hasn't shown that he should be listed on the depth chart ahead of the three WRs listed above.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 3, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Lane Kiffin = Nick Saban - experience, success, and coaching ability

Lane Kiffin - Monte Kiffin = out of football

Posted by: skinsfan713 | September 3, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

HAHAHAHA. If d-baggery were a federal offense, this guy would never see the light of the free world again. Hot wife tho. I'm sure she's got a lot to say (front or back door, honey? steak or shrimp? Benz or Beamer?)

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 3, 2010 10:45 AM

I'm with you unless Shanny makes AH inactive versus the grilz for no cause except AH not attending the offseason program.

Posted by: TWISI | September 3, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Easy choice if you ask me.

Signed,

Brandon's agent

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Dear Mr. Banks' Agent,

This year we feel the need to go with more proven veteran experience at WR with Joey Galloway.

But don't worry. If Galloway does turn out to be a one-year rental for us, we will give your client a call next season, as we are supremely confident he won't be locked up in a long-term commitment anywhere and should be available for our camp again.

Sincerely,

Skins Management

Posted by: p1funk | September 3, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 3, 2010 10:45 AM

I do think the audition theory is valid, but I don't see the Chargers as a potential destination for Fat Albert, cosidering that they're a 3-4 team too.

However, if he does wind up on the west coast, there is this thing they call the Panama Canal.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | September 3, 2010 10:45 AM

By that same token, he's got a high rate of TDs per return. And since we haven't seen much of that around here in the last few years, I'd be willing to swallow the occasional fumble.

The problem with some here is that you're looking at the fumble and discrediting the TD. I think that's a mistake. As I've said, this guy doesn't have to be Devin Hester (who has 20 fumbles in 4 year, BTW)...if he can be Dante Hall (18 fumbles in 9 years) it's a win.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Easy choice if you ask me.

Signed,

Brandon's agent

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Dear Mr. Banks' Agent,

Sincerely,

Skins Management

Posted by: p1funk | September 3, 2010 10:54 AM |

Sub out the "WR" for "Janitor" and you've got the same letter that 4th floor received after getting turned down for a gig emptying trash cans at FedEx Field.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 3, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Dear Skins Mgmt,

Do you all have any need for some tri-lingual midgets or an Aussie Rules footballer who hunts crocs with a Bowie knife? Work with me here- when Brandon Banks is your top client you know the cupboard's a little bare

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

What's wrong with my depth chart?

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 3, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

NPI, if VJ doesn't get traded tomorrow, it's not gonna happen. PFT has been all over it and if he's not back by tomorrow (or traded) he'll miss 6 games instead of 3. His trade value will go into the sh*tter if that happens.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 3, 2010 10:45 AM

Right. The Skins FO is desperate to change its lockerroom chemistry and get AH's bad attitude out of town.

The solution?

Trade for a malcontent WR facing suspension that we would likely have to overpay.

Good idea.

Posted by: p1funk | September 3, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 11:03 AM |

Gotcha, didn't know that. In a perfect world, I'd rather have a raging AH wrecking shop.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 3, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Jeez. Every time I refresh this page I get that Comcast Xfinity ad with Tom D-Bag Brady and his 1970's junior high school haircut.

WaPo, change the ad, please.

Gracias.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 3, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Brandon Banks is expendable as P Buchanon and T Austin can also work inthe return game.

All the guy had to do was not F up and he had a job.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

The solution?

Good idea.

Posted by: p1funk | September 3, 2010 11:07 AM |

Based on what we've learned over the last 4 months, I'm fine with malcontents. I am even fine with over paying. I just want someone who at least plays.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 3, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Hear me now and hear me right- 92 is going to have a good if not great season. I think this was Shanny's final test/punishment for him to take. He will annoint the starting RDE by Monday. He will prob be listed as a backup nose as well.

Speak of NT- is A. Bryant a viable option there if Kemo continues to struggle? He has looked solid in preseason, albeit against lesser competition. I'd love to see AH be able to focus on DE, but if nobody steps up he may be our default NT

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

All the guy had to do was not F up and he had a job.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 11:14 AM

Given the lack of options at WR, though, he's got a good shot. If you keep 6 at wide who would you keep in front of him. Williams? Hodge? Wade? No way. If they keep 6 he's in.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 3, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Go get T.J. Housh...

Posted by: coparker5 | September 3, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

still willing to bet any of you doubters (Moe, Beep) that Banks makes the final 53. "Blog cred" is apparently the going wager. I prefer Jack Daniels but it will do.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

scampbell

"Given the lack of options at WR, though, he's (B Banks)got a good shot. If you keep 6 at wide who would you keep in front of him. Williams? Hodge? Wade?"

I say he gets cut and the team adds another receiver sometime Wednesday morning.

Just after it finds another linebacker and offensive linemen.

Some team is going to cut a vet that'll be a redskin before next Thursday.

Watch.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Rapelisberger's suspension reduced. Really? I guess a couple months of keeping it in your pants is proof of behavioral modification? Try convincing any probation officer or judge on earth of that.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 3, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Go get T.J. Housh...

Posted by: coparker5 | September 3, 2010 11:18 AM |

Housh-ma-zilly? T.J. Whose-your-momma?

Put him on the board....

CHAMPION-SHIIIIIP!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 3, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I find it amusing how many people have complained about the Tom Brady ad. It's an advertisement. Ignore it.

Yes, he's a dooshbag. Yes, that's a a damn cheesy haircut. But Comcast is PAYING the Post to run THAT ad, and the Post will continue to run the ad until Comcast stops paying them to run it. If y'all so upset about it, take up a collection and pay the Post more money than Comcast and put your own ad up in it's place.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

"Is A. Bryant a viable option there if Kemo continues to struggle? He has looked solid in preseason, albeit against lesser competition. I'd love to see AH be able to focus on DE, but if nobody steps up he may be our default NT Posted by: Notorious_LMG"

I always thought Bryant was a competitive possibility. He's bounced around the league (6 teams in 3 seasons) but he has the right shape for the position, and he seems healthy enough.

You haven't heard much about Howard Green, who's a much more experienced player, including with the Jets last season.

You just can't tell much by who plays in that last game.

Posted by: Samson151 | September 3, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

So I am noramlly against picking up any player that I see as Cowboys, but I think we would be stupid not to look at Sam Hurd or Patrick Crayton if either gets cut.

Posted by: evaninpa | September 3, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

scampbell

Just after it finds another linebacker and offensive linemen.

Some team is going to cut a vet that'll be a redskin before next Thursday.

Watch.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 11:22 AM

Certainly possible. I'm not sold on Brandon Butterfingers Banks anyway. Maybe practice squad guy but can't hold onto the ball well enough yet to be a solid contributor.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 3, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

kaas- I for one was just having fun with the ad. It was more of an ironic, self-deprecating, "how pathetic am I (and the Skins) to keep harping on the Brady ad" thing.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 11:16 AM |
-------------------------------

Agreed. The offseason workout dispute aside, AH is in good shape (for him) and I was glad to see him put Alan Faneca on his azz with one simple shove last night. He didn't get a sack on that play, but he got penetration.

Opposing teams HAVE to double up on AH, because he will steamroll any one-on-one matchup.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 3, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Of course it's just an ad. But it's also indicative of how sloppy ad agencies can be.

On a blog that is patronized by (I'm guessing here) 90%+ males, you don't put pretty boy Tom Brady in the ad to sell your wares.

Either put a Redskin in the ad or some scantily clad bimbo like Jessica Alba.

Sex sells.

New England QBs with bad haircuts do not.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 3, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

notorious

"...still willing to bet any of you doubters (Moe, Beep) that Banks makes the final 53. "Blog cred" is apparently the going wager.

'Blog cred?

What's that all about?

Is that something like 'street cred' where young people like a rapper because he's done something that makes him an outlaw thug type?

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

--FRAK

I would too, except for one little thing> HE PLAYS FOR DALLAS!!!

Sorry for shouting. But no no, a million times no to picking up any ex-cowboy.

Posted by: TheCork | September 3, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

If fumbles are strikes, Banks is out.

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | September 3, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

re brady's ad:
---------

Either put a Redskin in the ad or some scantily clad bimbo like Jessica Alba.

Sex sells.

New England QBs with bad haircuts do not.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 3, 2010 11:33 AM
--------------

not only all that, but it appears to be tom brady and his clone... one parts his hair on the left, the other on the right...

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | September 3, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

haha- not sure, ask Beep Beep. his words. thought it was a bit odd but let's face, I'm not meeting up with any of you freaksticks anytime soon to settle a wager (altho it would be fascinating to put a face to some of the names), so I guess this nebulous entity of "blog cred" will have to suffice. I believe his exact wager was whoever is right, the other has to acede to his opinions on said blog for 2 weeks. Or a gentleman's wager will do just as well. Bottom line- I "bet" that Banks make this team. What say you?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Go get T.J. Housh...

Posted by: coparker5 | September 3, 2010 11:18 AM

No thanks...if we gotta have a guy with TO attitude, might as well get the genuine article and not a cheap immitation. I mean, this is the guy who got an over-inflated 91 Madden rating and promptly b*tched that it was too low. And just listen to the stuff he's been saying as a Seahawk...dude is delusional.

Just say no to Douchmanzadeh...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG

If he'd been anyone except Albert Haynesworth, his pathetic effort last night would have gotten him cut from the team

For almost the entire game, he played like a sulky kid with minimal effort. By the end of the game, I think his own pride got to him, and he started putting forth effort.

He doesn't start Sunday,--Golston has earned that right--but should see a lot of playing time and with luck will give Romo the Haystacks Calhoun treatment.

Posted by: TheCork | September 3, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

JLC to Korny:

"Last night was excessive punishment to Haynesworth. Such as I been reporting....."

"It's AH vs. Shanny"

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 3, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Ain't gonna happen for Banks.

I love the guy, but does anyone feel confident he will secure the ball every time he's back to field the ball? I know I don't, and I feel like it could cost us a game during the season.

Posted by: AdamCr | September 3, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

If Banks is placed on the practice squad does that count as making the team, or does he have to be on the active roster?

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 3, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

I'll add you to the list of bettors, Adam.

Peace gents, catch ya this eve

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

JLC to Korny:

--------------

Did he mention his pre-draft guarantees that Haynesworth would be shipped to Tennessee or Detroit or wherever? JLC is irrelevant.

Posted by: AdamCr | September 3, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

If fumbles are strikes, Banks is out.

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | September 3, 2010 11:40 AM

And if TDs are home runs, he's the only Redskin to go yard...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

The Day's Oddest Headline:

Bull shark in the Potomac

questioning cutie blonde reporter: And just how did you, a shark, wind up in the Potomac?

bull shark (despondent): They kicked me off K Street.

I just couldn't compete with the lawyers.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: AdamCr | September 3, 2010 11:44 AM

Who ARE you confident "will secure the ball every time"? Fumbles are a part of the game, and at the end of the day, dude only lost one. If dude gets a TD for every lost fumble, that's a damn good rate when you put it up against some of the other top returners.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I spent a long time trying to get good at what [the Ravens] did. Then all of a sudden - boom - you're into something different. John Beck.

Oh well Beck, how do you think Jason Campbell feel? At least you are playing behind a solid O-Line, and learning from a solid Coach.

Posted by: abxinc | September 3, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Bull sharks can get up stream. But it was still 42 miles from here.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 3, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 3, 2010 11:46 AM

I think we're talking the 53. I'm guessing the Skins will keep 6 WRs and he'll make the 53, but will be inactive on gamedays until he can prove in practice that he is not a major fumble risk.

If the Skins are interested in someone else's cuts that could change. I definately think Allen will be looking at WR, O-line, LB, and FS cuts to see who might be available.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Banks's muff last night wasn't the result of a hit, it was an overeager-to-please misjudgement of a deep punt by a guy feeling the heat to produce a big play NOW..He's shown that he's as good a receiver as any of the Smurfs, not a gunshy fumbler..He'll get plenty of YAC, and with practice, will learn how to judge punts and kickoffs better..

Make DT the #1 possession-type WR, and put Moss into his natural position at slot, Cooley and Smurf Of The Week at #3..No way if McNabb stays healthy the Skins go less than .500..

Posted by: frak | September 3, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Wow...just reading this post from O'Halloran and he's got us cutting Torain and keeping Keiland Williams at RB. Crazy talk...and then has only Cooley and Davis at TE, and keeping Westbrook over Tryon:

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 12:01 PM
------------------------------------------
does he fumble in practice?...if that was the case why would they put him back there to start with?..the coaches would know he would likely fumble in the game?...that doesn't make sense...and to keep him on the 53 just to de-activate him each weekly is equally puzzling...what the point in that?...i mean they keep him because he can help in the return game or they cut him..you're tring to play both sides and it don't work that way..either he's our punt reuturner or he's going to get cut...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | September 3, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | September 3, 2010 11:16 AM |

If he's in such great shape, then please explain why he had absolutely, positively NO impact plays of any kind whatsoever even though he was on the field for 49 of the 55 defensive plays run by the Redskins, and 2/3 of those were against the 2nd and 3rd string of the Cardinals. If he's so great and in such great shape, he should have been beating the bejeezus out of them. But no he left that to Henson and Wilson. And do not blame it on double-teams and other crap like that, it just wasn't there, I re-ran the DVR this morning. What I saw was a lot of half-hearted, incomplete, half-assed attempts at blocking last night and Haslett will see it today as well. If Albert wanted to prove he should start, he didn't do it last night.

Posted by: drmammal1 | September 3, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Are people really that down on Banks?

I thought last night he showed why he's not just a good prospect, but an exceptional prospect as a return man. Sure he has issues with decision making and ball security, both those are teachable issues. What can't be taught are the instinctual and physical patience, elusiveness, and change of direction ability that only the elite return men in this league possess. That opening return was brilliant.

I say he makes the team for sure. Maybe he isn't a week one returner or returner in a careful/clutch situation, but he will grow as the season progresses. I don't think you throw away talent like that.

Posted by: psps23 | September 3, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

frak, how about DT goes out and EARNS himself a starting spot? This ain't Zorn passing out jobs based on looks...Shanahan plays the guys who earn it. Just a thought...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

I think Williams sticks....same with Tryon...he's looked the part in games...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 3, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

What thoughts about CB and RB?

I think Westbrook will be gone, but between Tryon, Robinson, and Barnes I'm not sure.

I don't think any of LJ, Parker, Torain, or K. Williams have stood out enough to make an easy decision there either.

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 11:56 AM

The guy fumbled twice in only seven punt returns. Show me a punt returner in the NFL who who fumbles 29% of the time.

And you would give up a lost fumble for a TD? The lost fumble is at least three points with a good shot at seven.

As a receiver Banks had eight receptions and three fumbles. That's a 38% fumble rate. He also had a lot of dropped passes which, at least, didn't result in fumbles.

The guy has terrible hands. He can't hold onto the ball. Practice squad.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 3, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

"There's some habits that I have from that style that I have to get out and create habits in this style of offense."

Zorn still ruining redskins players, lol.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 3, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Pepper5 | September 3, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | September 3, 2010 12:12 PM

That's what his boosters keep saying. If they are "teachable" then why hasn't he learned them yet? He didn't just start playing football yesterday.

Practice squad is where they will teach him those skills if he can learn them.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 3, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Bull sharks can get up stream.

questioning cutie blondie reporter: You've cheered up now that our audience knows of your story.

What else can we do for you, you look so lonely?

bull shark (winking sexy style): How 'bout a little hammer head?

I'll pay ya'!

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 3, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | September 3, 2010 12:12 PM

Agree...worst case scenario, you use him as a "situational" returner like we did with Moss. Outright releasing the guy and gambling that he'll clear waivers to go on the p-squad is a Vinny move...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

beep-beep, I am with you on Banks. He has had some bad camp days. One afternoon he dropped 4 punts in a row. I will give you he is speedy fast and that's terrific, but the practice squad is definitely the place for him right now. With his fumble rate, little to no chance of anyone else signing him away and he can take a year to learn to hold on to the ball.

Posted by: drmammal1 | September 3, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

The guy fumbles punts!

This is such an obvious disaster in the making I can't believe there's a serious argument for having Banks return punts for the Redskins this year. Wow.

He's too small and can't catch well enough to play WR. Release him.

Posted by: Pepper5 | September 3, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

I think I'd keep Bartel over Beck. Beck looks lost and feeble. Bartel makes good things happen.

Posted by: FergusonFoont | September 3, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jcnjcnj | September 3, 2010 12:09 PM

Only 45 can be active on gamedays. 8 people have to sit out regardless, so why not Banks? Especially if they decide to keep 6 WRs. The Skins may feel that there is too muck risk of another team picking him up if they cut him and try to put him on the practice squad. Teams often use those 8 inactive players to keep rookies that are too valuable to lose, but not quite ready for real action. Considering that Austin can do many of the same things as Banks, and as of now the Skins don't have a better option than either of them, why not have Austin active and keep Banks inactive untill the coaches have more confidence in him?

Posted by: kaasmaster | September 3, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

BEEPS

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 3, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 12:20 PM

I see what you mean about "worst case."

Hard to imagine the "situation" where you would say "I know, let's put the guy back there who fumbles 29% of the punts."

The guy needs to earn a spot on the roster and he hasn't. No coach in the league is willing to take a chance on this guy based on what he's shown on the field in preseason.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 3, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

4th,

Fu_k up, boy... I'm not saying that Galloway is on those guys level as far as ability and what they've contributed.

I was just trying to say that as much as those guys are locks to make the team, so is Galloway.

As far as proven wide outs go they have Moss and Galloway. That's it, that's the list.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 3, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 12:08 PM

Cutting Torain isn't that crazy. I think Williams has improved a bunch and heard that the coaching staff likes his receiving skills. Torain upright running prevents him from hitting the hole with power IMO.

Posted by: TWISI | September 3, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | September 3, 2010 12:18 PM

Um, because he's a rookie? He ain't in Kansas anymore...I guarantee he didn't see game speed like this fielding punts in college. Give the guy a chance to adjust...are we now gonna cut rookie QBs for throwing a couple preseason INTs?

I mean, really dude...you were up here yesterday going to bat for John f-ing Beck and now you wanna get rid of Banks?

You were quick to amend B-Mitch's stats by saying "of his 44 fumbles he only lost 16". Why not cut Banks the same slack? He fumbled 3 times...lost only 1. In most cases, muffing a punt and falling on it yourself equates to a fair catch.

If we're still trying to address fumble issues in Year 3, then pull the plug. But if coaches simply got rid of EVERY guy who had a couple bad muffs, there would be no punt returners...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 3, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Wise is a moron.... he said ben would get 6.

He got 4.

hahahaha. still think that whole stink is hilarious.

And will schefter get credit when westbrook is cut come saturday?

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 3, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

It's amazing to me how most are bantering, to be kind, back and forth on which WR's will stick.

Does the lack of O-Line jibber-jabber mean we are set there? Oh yeah, no. I still want to see one legitimate 1st or 2nd teamer added to the roster. Hell, at least to keep the Cow-Faigs from scooping one up.

I will say that I am more than pleased with Trent Williams AT THIS STAGE. I stress that because I know people will cut and paste that portion and then go on to say how he will get killed by Ware, Tuck, Ellis or some other all-pro-level pass rusher. I am 100% on board with Trent being a better fit for what we're doing here than brOkung.

Hit me.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 3, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

I'm a Beck fan but Bartel looked muched better in the game last night. And I was there...

Posted by: carocanesfan | September 3, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

"And you and others keep ignoring his TD. If we can extrapolate fumble numbers, we can do it with TDs too. If he takes one out of every 7 punts to the house, that's 14% of his punts going for scores. If a guy is going to lose you a possession 14% of the time but put 6 points on the board another 14% of the time, those odds aren't bad. Especially when Devin Hester is treated like the greatest return man ever despite fumbling an average of 5 times a year.posted by brownwood26"

Hmmm, there may be a problem with this reasoning. Here's some career numbers from NFL.com on Hester and Dante Hall, the two pre-eminent return men of recent seasons (punt returns only):

Devin Hester: 145 PRs, 7 TDs (4.8%), 15 fumbles (10.3%), over 4 seasons. Last TD was in 2007.
Dante Hall: 216 PRs, 6 TDs (2.8%), 8 fumbles (3.7%), over 9 seasons. Last TD was in 2007.

Based on the above, expecting a 14% TD percentage on punt returns would be entirely unreasonable. If Banks turned out to be as good a PR as Hester and Hall (meaning among the best ever), we could still anticipate that his fumble rate would be higher than his TD rate -- quite possibly twice as high.

And teams would adjust, of course. Do more to prevent the big return. That's what usually happens with stellar return men.

Posted by: Samson151 | September 3, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

I think we have to avoid basing projections of future productivity on a small sample like a preseason.

Posted by: Samson151 | September 3, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Are people really that down on Banks?

Posted by: psps23 | September 3, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Cosign like John Hancock.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 3, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse