Radio host organizes Philly-style welcome for McNabb

To no one's surprise, Sunday's game at Philadelphia will be a circus -- quite literally, in fact.

First, the background. Angelo Cataldi is sports talk show host in Philadelphia on WIP-AM. He's a polarizing figure in town and isn't shy when it comes to opinions. Well, 11 years ago, Cataldi was among many in Philly who wanted the Eagles to draft Ricky Williams, not Donovan McNabb.

So Cataldi organized a bus trip for 30 Eagles fans to the draft in New York. When McNabb's name was called, the group -- known in Philadelphia as the Dirty 30 -- booed loudly. It stands as a seminal moment in McNabb's Philly tenure, and McNabb has certainly never forgotten.

Well, Cataldi and the Dirty 30 are back. He's re-assembled the group with several of the same cast of characters, and they'll be parading outside of Lincoln Financial Field Sunday afternoon.

"This time, however, we're not booing because they didn't take Ricky Williams," Cataldi says. "We're booing because we want to say good-bye to Donovan in a way that only Philadelphia can do it.

"We'll be joined in this -- because it is a circus -- with a juggler, a guy on stilts, an accordian player who only plays 'Lady of Spain,' and a whole bunch of other idiotic acts."

At some point, Cataldi will announce, "No. 5, for the Washington Redskins ... Donovan McNabb," and the group will "try to beat the boo we gave the day they picked him in the draft," Cataldi said.

While the whole event is a tongue-in-cheek affair, Cataldi says he's been receiving threats this week, and there's even a Facebook group -- "Angelo Cataldi is an Idiot" -- dedicated to him.

"I guess I will always carry with me the burden of being the guy who brought 30 idiots to the draft and ultimately were heard booing McNabb, although that wasn't the original intention," he says.

"I have never been a fan and I never will be a fan of Donovan McNabb. It has nothing to do with his character -- I'm sure he's a terrific guy. He just never fit Philadelphia. His attitude never jived with what this city loves."

By Rick Maese  | October 1, 2010; 12:26 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mike Shanahan: 'You better think of every game as a must-win'
Next: Shanahan: Trent Williams a game-time decision

Comments

If you freaks want to crown the Eagles because they beat the Lions by 3 and a terrible Jags team then by all means...Go ahead.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 1, 2010 12:05 PM

Compared to beating the Cowboys by one and losing to Houston and St. Louis?

Posted by: beep-beep | October 1, 2010 12:19 PM |

Sorry but were the Lions and Jags everyone on this planet's anointed, preliminary Super Bowl champs?

Let me think...no.

The Skins play down to their level of competition - we've been taught that over the last decade. You know what else we've been taught? They beat or hang close with the teams that are expected to slaughter them too. McNabb has been waiting for this moment since draft day. As the game clock hits triple-zero, he's going to pull out his dong, lean back with both hands behind his head and piss all over an Iggles helmet.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Let's say I lost my job, my home in Georgetown (and my other one on the DE shore), suffered a head injury that prevented me from perpetuating my career....I could still roll like a rockstar in Philly.

BOOK THAT SH*T.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

So....Philthy loves a-holes?

That sounds about right.

Posted by: freakzilla | October 1, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Dear Dan

Yes, I have every intention to keep watching and spending, but may I also offer you a little business proposition?

By some accounts, the aforementioned quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles, Michael Vick, is severely in debt. For example, in support of his recent filing for bankruptcy, his agents said he is more than $15 million in debt to his creditors -- with little if any prospect of ever being able to pay them back – even on a $5-6 million a year salary.

So that led me to think with you being such a rich and greedy bastard that you are, and with him being the unapologetically worthless character that he seems to be -- perhaps when you meet him on the sidelines Sunday afternoon, you could offer him a little "persuasion" -- maybe in the form of a few thousand unmarked c-notes -- for him to loft a ball or two in the general direction of Carlos Rogers at a key moment. It's not like "Stone Hands" Rogers will ever actually catch and return it or anything, but even so, the incompletion might just slow down a drive, and keep the game from becoming an absolute rout.

That, in turn, will allow you to sell more tickets and merchandise, and perhaps even market the Eagles visit to Washington later this season as an opportunity to "even the score."

And besides, it’s not like you have to sign Vick to a longterm contact or anything, just rent him for a few games -- you know, sort of like you’re doing with our guy McNabb.

Just a thought.

Thanks again for your consideration, and wishing you continued health, happiness and financial success.

Posted by: Vic1 | October 1, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 12:35 PM

Wow NPI...thats how I was going to celebrate on sunday too...win or lose!

Cataldi and the Dirty 30 = Extremely Obnoxious Nerds

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Eagles 34, Redskins 20.

Our boys will move the ball through the air, but that D is not ready for and Eagles O that is red-hot.

Rogers/DHall get burned twice for 30+ td passes, and Vick hurts us with some timely 3rd down runs to sustain drives.

Still no run game, especially after we fall behind.

Hope I'm wrong, and stranger things have happened...but the D is what gives me little hope of a win here. I just can't imagine that big of a turnaround.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 1, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 1, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1

The paid his time for his crime. You need to let the shi* go man. As if you as* never made a mistake. People really need to get off their damn high horse. Loser!!!

Posted by: jm220 | October 1, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

So....Philthy loves a-holes?

That sounds about right.

Posted by: freakzilla | October 1, 2010 12:39 PM |

Amen! Further, he's saying that his city loves losing. McNabb made the Iggles relevant as opposed to the sideshow of the NFC east with fatass Buddy Ryan, bring in a failing Jim McMahon, the fans cheering when Michael Irvin lay motionless on the turf after a neck injury and hitting Santa with a snowball. Seriously, the Phillies should have signed THAT guy.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 1, 2010 12:05 PM

If you want to crown em, then CROWN THEIR AZZ! They are who we thought they were! And we let em off the hook!!!!

Anyone think Shanny will do the Denny Green rant after we lose?

Eagles 27
Redskins 21

I think it's close because it's a Div. game, but Vick's legs will wear us down in the 4th quarter!

We've only scored 13 second half points this year, out of 6 quarters, 7 if you count overtime, and only 3 of those points were in the 4th quarter. We'll probably be up at halftime. We are the Halftime Champions of the World!!!!!!!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Eagles Stats of Suckage
Record through 2007 season

* Regular Season: 479-524-25
* Postseason Record: 17-17
* All Time Record: 496-541-25 (3rd Most Losses All Time)
* Super Bowl Record: 0-2

Some Overall stats through 2007 season

* First Regular-Season Game: A 56-0 loss to the New York Giants, 10/15/33.
* First Winning Season: In 1943 the Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers merged and posted a 5-4-1 record. The one-season merger was made necessary by manpower shortages caused by World War II.
* First Playoff Appearance: A 21-0 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 1947 NFL divisional playoff, 12/21/47.
* First Super Bowl Appearance: A 27-10 loss to the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XV, 1/25/81.

Streaks

* Most Consecutive Home Games Without Victory (12)
* Current Championship drought: 47 seasons

The Eagles have been more or less an average franchise in their history. The Andy Reid era has been one of the longest sustained periods of winning.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

We are the Halftime Champions of the World!!!!!!!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 12:47 PM

"Do we get a trophy, and a pretty girlfriend for that?", said the nerd.

I don't like your prediction monk. I don't like it at all.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811

I see you've been reading my stuff. Good for you :)

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 1, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Dear Dan

Just a thought.

Posted by: Vic1 | October 1, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Dear Vic1,

Thank you for your inquiry, it's good talking to the peons, I mean fans. By the way, sorry if some of this letter is incoherent, I'm having Devin Thomas dictate, since all he seems to be good at is washing my car and he never actually plays, well, you can't count kickoffs, that's for losers! Oops, better erase that Devin.

That is a good proposal, and will take it under consideration. However, this is not the first time I've paid a player, just ask Mr. Barron! Oops, take that out too Devin. Man my midget azz iches!

I promise to do anything I can to bring this franchise back to it's glory days. And F Jack Kent Cooke, that gezer got lucky, and I want people to stop calling me 'The Curse'. HaHa, good joke, why are you still writing Devin?

Sincerely,

Dan "The Midget" Snyder

Ok, that letter's finally done, time for my 1:00 bikini wax and spanking!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Compared to beating the Cowboys by one and losing to Houston and St. Louis?

Posted by: beep-beep | October 1, 2010 12:19 PM

pabeep-beep2003?

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 1, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I don't like your prediction monk. I don't like it at all.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Why not???

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

"The Philadelphia Eagles....where NOT winning Super Bowls is a tradition"

(40 years and counting)

No, you can't use that. I'm copyrighting that on LegalZoom.com.

Iggle fans are literally the losers of all fandom. What's more is that they seem to wear that moniker as a badge of honor or a feather in their cap.

Seriously Iggle fan? Aren't you late for your interview down on the docks? Go home and shine your hard hat. The toughest decision a Philly fan makes all day is whether to beat his wife or open his can of PBR first.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811

I see you've been reading my stuff. Good for you :)

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 1, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Sorry KING OF THE NERDS, I was saying that since Monday. Maybe you read my stuff! :)

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

"The Skins play down to their level of competition - we've been taught that over the last decade. You know what else we've been taught? They beat or hang close with the teams that are expected to slaughter them too"

Wrong, Derrick Huff. What we've learned is this:

*They loose to teams that have have no business losing to.

*They get sizable leads on superior teams (sometimes carry them into the the 4th quarter) only to tank it away in the final minutes.

Really, besides them beating Dallas this season and two years ago down in Texas, can you name a team they beat they weren't suppose to?

My guess is you aren't going to find a game. Tell what you WILL find though: A sh*load of games when they played scrub ass teams and LOST. Every now and then they play "like they know" and knock of a scrub squad.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Why not???

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:02 PM

Only a nerd would think the skins aren't going to win this sunday!

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

"Do we get a trophy, and a pretty girlfriend for that?", said the nerd.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Yep, a big shiny trophy that we can sit next to our other trophies, like our trophies from 1999-2009 for us being the Offseason Champions of the World!!!

And sorry NERD, no girlfriend for you, go whack-off in your pocket protector.

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

What I like going into this game is McNabb's will to win. The team is going to be fired up, as opposed to being lazy against St. Louis. Let's win and regain first place in the East, then go home and win a couple of games.

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 1, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

And sorry NERD, no girlfriend for you, go whack-off in your pocket protector.

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:10 PM

Haha yuck

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Radio host organizes Philly-style welcome for McNabb

radio host loud over bull horn: I said when McNabb comes through the tunnel, that's when the first group will throw batteries and beer at at him and no other redskin player.

I can't think of no other way to celebrate his arrival.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 1, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Ok Play, I'll ammend my prediction. McNabb leads a last second touchdown drive to beat the Eagles, the fans then blow their load of batteries at the Redskins, and Eagle players, there is a riot in Pedofiladelphia, and all is right with the world. Better?

Redskins 28
Eagles 27

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2010 1:06 PM |

Funny thing there Mr. Hair Splitter...listen close....

When you're 4-12, almost every team you beat is going to be considered an upset. Anyway, you know what I'm talking about there Skippy McFactChecker.

At least I can remember just a few weeks ago beating Dallas and then last week losing to the Rams. That's all I need for now. Again, you know what I meant and based on that, expect a close game if not an outright win.

Go piss on some other fan's parade son. You come off as sad and loathing to this winner.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Rick Maese has nothing except a rehashed ESPN interview? WaPo 'Skins coverage is the dump.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 1, 2010 7:47 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one am glad they are having a hard time finding dirt on this team. For too long the dirt has been easy to report on and it seemed that everyone in the NFL knew exactly what the Redskins were doing and thinking, I don't believe that is the case any longer. I love it, but I could be crazy...

Posted by: anotherwes | October 1, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Redskins 28
Eagles 27

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:18 PM

Yep...much better monk...but throwing batteries is harmful to the environment...an ammendment to that part of the prediction would be nice too.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Maybe the Redskins will leave a bunch of "floaters" in the lockerroom after the game in Philly.

Would, if anything, probably make Philadelphia smell better.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 1, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

HA!!! I love wapo everytime i post something good this idiot switches to a new old story or something else we don't care about. who cares about some greasy talk show host and thirty anythings from philly. I'm no Stephan King but I write a good post from time to rime and would like to have the LUXURY of it being read by my peers. anyway: Shanford and son rebound strong from the last two weeks of kindergarten coaching (hahahaha it was funny in the last post) and we beat the eagles in another NFC east close one
Redskins 23
Eagles 20

Posted by: nflorida1 | October 1, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Redskins 28
Eagles 27

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:18 PM
Much better.

One thing I've noticed, is when experts pick one team across the board it usually means an upset.

For example, they all picked WAS last week...they lost. this week they all picked PHI.....

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 1, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 12:53 PM

Impressive, but you're popping off about a whole lot of nothing.

Who cares about games from 30, 40 years ago? How about we take a look at some not to distant history? I can give a damn what a franchises all time record is, or how many super bowls they've won. All that matters is the CURRENT season and how they're fairing. Given that, it ain't lookin' too good against the Eagles this Sunday...

So, anyway here's some current history. W/L record going back the last TEN years only:

'99: 1-1
'00: 1-1
'01: 1-1
'02: 0-2
'03: 0-2
'04: 0-2
'05: 2-0
'06: 0-2
'07: 1-1
'08: 2-0
'09: 0-2

'Skins are 8-13 in that span and I count FIVE seasons they were swept to the 'Skins TWO. To get get swept FIVE times and split the other four is called being OWNED, Sorry.

I hate the Eagles as much as any 'Skins fan, but to pull the "all time wins" garbage means sh*t. Norm Van Brocklin ain't QBing the Eagles. If you're going to pull the history argument at least go back only the last decade or so. That way you still might have players that are playing for either team. Which makes the "history" argument a little more valid, IMO.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

the fans then blow their load at the Redskins

Better???

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

@ShaunSherman

Thanks for re-posting the fact that you are picking against "Our Boys".

I never got the re-post thing in general, I mean, I like reading my own nonsense as much as the next guy, but once you post something- in the absence of a response, I believe it should end there.

Having said that, re-posting a prediction for a sound pole-axing of our favorite team is just out of bounds.

Carry on....

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 1, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Have to agree with Cataldi, McNabb was never a good fit for Philadelphia, DM5 is a class act.

Posted by: wireman65 | October 1, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

the fans then blow their load at the Redskins

Better???

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:32 PM

Not if you're a Redskin!

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Today's Wack Headline:

Ochocinco Cereal Isn’t Entirely Whole-Grain Goodness

If Chad Johnson can get a cereal/food/products named after him, why can't other players?

"Jerry's Rice 0's"

"T.O. Flake-O's"

"Romanowski's Pep Pills"

"Bart's Oates"

"Darrel's Green Grits"

"L.T.'s Hand (and lower body) Lotion"

"Keyshawn Johnson's Condom: for the man who truly is a d!ck"

"Mike Irvin's Crack Cream: for dry feet (maybe)"

"Dexter Manley's Hooked on Phonics (and something else)"

"Brian Westbrook's Headache Medicine: he'd have it, but he can't remember where he put it"

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 1, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 1, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, 'experts'. They are like weather forecasters, or 'meteorologists' is what they sometimes call themselves, in that it's a crapshoot, they'll say it's rainy and the sun's shining on your azz. I wish they'd get hit my meteors!

Football Experts AND Meteorologists = Guessing NERDS!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2010 1:31 PM |

I'll say this slowly, YOU'RE....RETARDED.

When you say you don't care about historical data, then you just admitted your comments are irrelevant because that's all I was commenting on. So you're coming at me with apples-n-oranges. Dude, you don't even know how to argue. I make a comment about the color red and you counter saying I'm wrong because red isn't blue.

Genius my man....genius.

You're dumber than dirt and you continue to prove my (and others') points all freaking day.

When was the last time the game you spew in here EVER got you laid? An no, 4th floor's mother doesn't count.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

"Hair splitter"? It's called being efficient. I would expect you to know that, Noveau Deuche.

Next time you start popping off facts and using them to make your argument or point at least come with facts that are relevant, or you know, correct. That way you prevent yourself from looking like an über jackass.

And I'm not pissing on a damn thing. You claim that you're paid, [whateves]. People who have wealth don't achieve it by being naive and thinking with their hearts.

But your so-called wealth is just legend to me at this point, and seeing how you love to project your "wealth" at every turn, I doubt that you even have it at all.

Folk with money don't need to tell other people about the property they own, where they live, and the type of cars they drive. As a matter of fact most rich folk I know prefer for random people NOT to know they're wealthy. They like to blend in with the common folk... almost like a facetious secret to them that even though they have money they can be just like John Q. Public.

And any random person couldn't ever figure it out.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 1, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Don't forget Ronnie Lott's 4 1/2 finger glove!

And Danny Snyder's Midget O's.

Vick's Dog Collar! (too mean?)

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

ugh...too much toxicity up here.....enjoy the weekend and the game....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 1, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

When was the last time the game you spew in here EVER got you laid?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 1:45 PM

Every evening...when I get home...I tell my girlfriend everything I posted here that day...she rips off her clothes...then mine...and jumps on top of me...works every time.

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

And any random person couldn't ever figure it out.

Posted by: RedDMV | October 1, 2010 1:48 PM |

I'm not allowed to mention where I live? That small comment burns you so much? Good then. I never mentioned the value of my place(s) or what I drive or any of that. You can't take it when someone makes a geographical reference relative to where thy reside? Dude, you're pathetic and where the F do you get off laying down rules for how people are supposed to comport themselves when you are dooshier than a collision between a water truck and a vinegar tanker.

Stop sweating my ballsack son.

It's unbecoming.

Now, STFU and go get me a cup of coffee and be quick about it.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | October 1, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Silverback Beeps!

People that keep talking in here = NERDS!

Posted by: monk811 | October 1, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

The Eagles won the the NFL Championship back in 1960!

They need to STFU!

Even the Bills who went to 4 consecutive Super Bowls and lost don't talk as much smack and Philly!

Posted by: rickyroge | October 1, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

mistamoe,
don't forget Mark Chmura's candy coated nuts

Posted by: nflorida1 | October 1, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | October 1, 2010 1:52 PM
------

So, how is your sister doing by the way?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 1, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Dear Monk811 and Vic1:

I'm sure you're the same person. But, I'll say this to the "both" of you. Get a life.

Thanks,

Humanity

Posted by: MadeRED | October 1, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

this cataldi moron is a bigoted a-hole no talent lying slippery weasel, just another loud-mouthed blood sucking vampire getting paid to blather day after day hope he gets fired soon. but you know he won't he is a so-called white man.

Posted by: wathu19 | October 1, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

poor Cataldi. The things some folks will do for attention.

Posted by: Mark20005 | October 1, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

so, he iggles have won how many super bowls....yah, that would be 0

Posted by: BMACattack | October 1, 2010 8:44 PM | Report abuse

I really think No Punt Intended must really be from Philly...

The fact is that apples and oranges are remarkably similar, in fact nearly identical. NASA (rocket scientists...) have confirmed it

So I suppose No Punt Intended can "BANK THAT S**T" since he clearly has what it takes to roll like a rockstar in Philly.

Posted by: i155133 | October 2, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Words from the Reality Grape Vine

We are now constantly being told that there is a "the new Mike Vick" - the one that wasn't officially ready for prime time last year and one that wasn't anywhere to be found the year before. And of course, the improved Mike Vick wasn't even schemed about cause Mike was in prison with his Homies. And of course it wasn't even a contemptation as Mike was making money abusing dogs and being so sensitive killing them when they stopped making him money.

But he's a changed man - his heart is larger - like the real world version of the Grinch Who Stole Dog's Lives. And because he runs like he used to and can finally complete a forward pass, we are now having Mike Vick shoved down our throat with gallons of liquid suga.

Well, I'm not buying this. I live in the area where Mike grew up and know his soul is a dark one - a cancerous and treacherous life force who is selfish and arrogant. Unless Vick experienced a near death experience, his soul remains a bitter pill to swallow - a shallow, egotistical morass of wasted humanity.

And then there is the weakness he will never shed - stupidity. Vick never cultivated what was between his ears like he cultivates what's between his legs, so even the reinvented Mike Vick remains an idiot - with barely two functional braincells and the commonsense commensurate with it. Whether it was his upbringing which have demonstrated a family full of backsliding neanderthals or it is a congenital obtuseness to cogent thought, Mike remains a work in progress as the elevator goes to the top floor.

All I can think is that Mike has mastered the techniques of the "Game" - the one that plays dumb journalists and progressive-liberal journalists with a need to elevate one race over another like a fiddle to shade a revival of a career rather than a revival of the soul. Vick remains a figment of our imagination - a flawed quarterback who has legs to escape his own stupidity. Beyond the change in uniform, precious little has really changed with the man who sent scores of dogs to the executioner simply because they had more true fight in them than he does.

Posted by: laserwizard | October 2, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Philadelphia fans are, by definition, animals. Would you expect them to be "nice" to McNabb? They can't even be nice to each other.

Posted by: sameolddoc | October 2, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse