Randy Thomas In The House

Randy is talkign to us now. He says he tore the muscle off the bone and will be back at least 10-12 weeks. The Redskins are meeting now to determine whether to put him on IR - "It's out of my hands," Thomas said - but he hopes to have a chance to play again this season if at all possible.

"I want to be there," Thomas said.

Randy is obviously groggy after 7:30 surgery this morning and he is moving slowly, as expected, but was smiling more than he had been the last few days.

"Actually Im positive today. The last couple of days was tough."

Randy says he'll spend six weeks in a cast and then they will evalaute how the left arm is healing then.

Jason Campbell was laughing about hwo much he'll miss Randy, particularly his Tuesday cookouts. "I'm going to miss those steaks," Campbell said. Randy says, JC need not worry: "What do you mean? i can flip steaks with my right hand, brother."

Still waiting to find out if the Skins are going to sign any of the guys they brought in today. I imagine a roster move is coming of some sort.

By Jason La Canfora  |  September 19, 2007; 1:57 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Randy To Have Surgery Wed.
Next: Vincent/DeMulling

Comments

first!

Posted by: bigfish | September 19, 2007 2:03 PM | Report abuse

I was First, just didn't want to show it.

Posted by: BLloyd | September 19, 2007 2:05 PM | Report abuse

2nd

Posted by: skinfanman | September 19, 2007 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Thanks JLC! Looks like guys like Thomas and Janson will still be around for team chemistry even if it is on the sidelines or outside of the park.

Posted by: bigfish | September 19, 2007 2:07 PM | Report abuse

SIGN KEYDRICK VINCENT!!!

Posted by: bigfish | September 19, 2007 2:08 PM | Report abuse

At least we still have Jets at both guard positions.

Posted by: skinfanman | September 19, 2007 2:09 PM | Report abuse

What happened to injured players being ostracized/shunned by the healthy dudes, for scientifically proven jinx-proofing?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 19, 2007 2:09 PM | Report abuse

So ... did Raback play with Vincent back in Baltimore? If so.. I wonder if that is a big advantage... I wonder if Rabach is really pulling for him to come here! That could be huge... it seems as though the coaches and personnel guys do take input from their players when analyzing other potential personnel....

Posted by: E in VB | September 19, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

So ... did Rabach play with Vincent back in Baltimore? If so.. I wonder if that is a big advantage... I wonder if Rabach is really pulling for him to come here! That could be huge... it seems as though the coaches and personnel guys do take input from their players when analyzing other potential personnel....

Posted by: E in VB | September 19, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

My bad....

Posted by: E in VB | September 19, 2007 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone else ever have issues with Windows Media player not being able to find the file when trying to access Redskins Radio daily archives on Redskins.com... every dang day their site is jacked with the radio archives... Geez. I am a computer guy so this really ticks me off.

Posted by: E in VB | September 19, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

They need to sign Vincent and do it now.

Posted by: Buttered Gravy Colon | September 19, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Man, I suck and need to be traded.

Posted by: Brandon Lloyd | September 19, 2007 2:14 PM | Report abuse

E in VB,

Good point on Rabach and Vincent potentially having played together. I'm to lazy to research it, but I think they were with the crows at the same time, so they probably did.

At this point, you're looking at having Thomas back, at best, for our last two regular season games. If he suffers a setback, they won't even get that. Unless this is the kind of injury where setbacks are very unlikely, I think they have to put him on IR to free up a spot for a veteran guard who can backup Fabini and replace him if he struggles.

Posted by: Mike H. | September 19, 2007 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Keep Randy on, he is a huge leader on the team and also sign Vincent

Posted by: Uncle Spence | September 19, 2007 2:17 PM | Report abuse

From the last post....

just try to imagine what it must feel like to be Brandon Lloyd for one day.

Posted by: nex2no1 | September 19, 2007 02:08 PM

I would feel damn good cashing those huge checks and not having to do a darn thing to get them. Lloyd pretty much won the lottery when Danny gave him that huge deal. Now he has no incentive to work. If your boss gave you 10 mil guaranteed up front that could not be taken back from you, would you do anything other than just show up every day?

Posted by: bigfish | September 19, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I had surgery once and that gas had me smiling a lot more, too!

Posted by: Not Anonymous | September 19, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

10 weeks is game 11. If the Skins can have a Pro Bowl caliber guard to plug in for the last 4 weeks of the season and - ehem - a possible playoff run, why is it even a question?

Hello Mr. Vincent. Cody Boyd, don't be a stranger.

Posted by: mugamack | September 19, 2007 2:19 PM | Report abuse

just try to imagine what it must feel like to be Brandon Lloyd for one day.

Posted by: nex2no1 | September 19, 2007 02:08 PM

i'd feel like a thief. a thief that stole $10 million dollars and got away with it. that's what i'd feel like

Posted by: | September 19, 2007 02:11 PM

Posted by: Anonymous | September 19, 2007 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Bring in Priest Holmes! he can learn the system during the bye week and start at Right Guard against Detroit!

Posted by: Scowlin' Wade Teach | September 19, 2007 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Sign Vincent. Release Cordy Body.

Posted by: bigfish | September 19, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

"He says he tore the muscle off the bone and will be back at least 10-12 weeks."

that's jasno speak for out for at least 10-12 weeks. that's the minimum he's out if rehab goes perfectly. he's heading for ir

Posted by: Anonymous | September 19, 2007 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Mugamack... My thoughts exactly... If you reason it out. It's not even a question. Maybe he's goes to Practice Squad if he's got a big upside for the future.

Posted by: E in VB | September 19, 2007 2:24 PM | Report abuse

6 WR
6 safety

one of them should be cut. not sayin who. just sayin

Posted by: Anonymous | September 19, 2007 2:24 PM | Report abuse

to continue my thought... unless he's not eligible for the PS due to previous time on other teams.

Posted by: E in Vb | September 19, 2007 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to call him The Ex-Receiver?

Posted by: redskirt | September 19, 2007 2:26 PM | Report abuse

If I find out it was one of you who did this to your child, I will be very angry with you:

Posted by: JustMe | September 19, 2007 2:27 PM | Report abuse

I get the feeling Randy is a tough guy and can probably get back in ten weeks... which as someone says is game 11. Lets realistically say game 12 then = 4 games plus playoffs. That right there folks is why there is even a discussion going on at redskins park about whether or not to put him on the ir. Last four weeks of the season plus playoffs with our best pulling guard back in the lineup helping out our running game which is the bread and butter of this offense is crucial and probably worth the roster spot lost in the meantime.
League rules are messed up though. There should be 30-60-90 day irs like baseball (or something similar)

Posted by: Dante | September 19, 2007 2:28 PM | Report abuse

They'll probably need Body too the way things are going. He is basically a mean-streak blocker like Thomas at tight-end. I think they need to drop a wide receiver but unfortunately we all know that isn't going to happen. UNFORTUNATELY. It must stick in Gibb's craw to have to defend the guy when JLa and the press ask direct questions about him.

The other position overloaded is safety. That means Stoutmire or Fox would have to go. Prioloeau and Doughty had a good game.

Posted by: periculum | September 19, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Cody Boyd is a blocker. You want to lose a wide receiver first I think. You guys make no sense ...

They'd be better off with Priest Holmes at WR than Brandon Hemorroid ... I dare anyone to argue that ...

Posted by: periculum | September 19, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JustMe | September 19, 2007 02:27 PM

LMGO!! If only I would have thought about it first.

Posted by: bigfish | September 19, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Bring in the veteran lineman, Demulling,
Vincent, sign either one, & cut B. Lloyd.
He has not shown anything worth talking about.

Posted by: George Costanza | September 19, 2007 2:31 PM | Report abuse

www.blloyd.com

Posted by: Anonymous | September 19, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

i say BEEP BEEP...

Posted by: Anonymous | September 19, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

I think they'll send Randy to IR. Muscle off the bone? Nope too risky to wait might make it to the playoffs and that's it. If they get that far they won't want to change things. Think about it. He needs to join Jansen.

Why can't this **SJK** happen TO LLOYD!!!? WHY DOES that pimple escape? ON THE IR at least he wouldn't use up a roster slot even if he is wasting salary cap space.

Where is Carrie Underwood when you need her. I know a really nice car on www.bloyd.com that I would send her and her sledge hammer after. That'll learn 'em.

Posted by: periculum | September 19, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

I think I got Body (TE) confused with Bodiford (WR).

Sign Vincent. Cut Bodiford or send him to the PS. Just say "no" to DeMulling.

Posted by: bigfish | September 19, 2007 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Damn people! C'mon! Money isn't F'n everything, maybe to ordinaries like you and I, but not these guys. And you can't blame Lloyd for the money he makes. If he knew he wasn't worth a 30mil contract, do you honestly think he wouldn't have signed it. "You know guys I don't do everything a WR should do, so 30mil maybe just a little too much how about 13 over 4 yrs.?" How F'n stupid does that sound? They offered, he took it. Peroid. Yes, on a monthly basis he comes to redskins park donning a ski mask and waving .45 handgun, but you can't blame him. He did what 50% athletes do when they get the heafty contract. Slack. I can give you so, so many guys who forgot about their sport after receiving millions. Brandon Lloys isn't the first and not the last.

Posted by: nex2no1 | September 19, 2007 02:31 PM

Try highliting what I actually expressing before putting the last sentence on your F'n post! You guys are the best, really.

Posted by: nex2no1 | September 19, 2007 2:37 PM | Report abuse

www.blloyd.com

Posted by: | September 19, 2007 02:32 PM

Funny. When you click 'Statistics' you get a big empty square.

Posted by: etrod | September 19, 2007 2:37 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Anonymous | September 19, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JustMe | September 19, 2007 02:27 PM

You mean the haircut?

Posted by: SMACK | September 19, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

I love Randy but 10 weeks is a long time. You have to think that whoever we plug in there will have chemistry and rhythm by then.

I'm a Jesse Lumsden peep when I say I want to see what all the Bodiford hype is about. I'll be the only one crushed if he's cut.

I think the move has to come at safety. Stoutmire or Foxy.

I'm rooting for Omar.

Posted by: Bryan | September 19, 2007 2:43 PM | Report abuse

He definitely should not be put on IR. Lets lose of of those bum players like that Bodiford guy. It's too much of a risk not to have him there for the final run in case we need him. It's possible that we still make it to the playoffs dispite poor guard play by whomever replaced him. So, it makes sense to have the option to bring him back. We still have 15 weeks until playoffs. Report says he will be out 12 weeks, which means 13 or 14, but we could really use him if we make the playoffs.

Posted by: craig | September 19, 2007 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Whoever did that video on that child
has way TOO MUCH time on their hands!
That hairstyle is from the 50's.

Posted by: George Costanza | September 19, 2007 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Why don't you proofread the blog? Everytime I look at it there are typos. Aren't you a professional?

Posted by: Huh | September 19, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Huh | September 19, 2007 03:57 PM

It's a blog, get it? It's not the newspaper.

Get a life while you're at it, a$$hat.

Posted by: Duh | September 19, 2007 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Hope big Randy Thomas heals quickly. He's definitely an asset to the team and a true Redskin.

Keep pushing big man!!!!!!!

Posted by: steven | September 19, 2007 7:53 PM | Report abuse