Redskins-Eagles: Waiting for Kickoff

It's 7 a.m. Grab some coffee and get ready to do some reading...

Barry Svrluga has spent a few weeks focusing on the relationship between Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell and wrote about it this morning.

Doug Farrar of Football Outsiders has crunched some numbers on Redskins-Eagles. Yes, it's DVOA. Yes, it's stats. But somehow, Farrar is the one sabermetrics guy I don't want to maim.

As usual, stay tuned for inactives. We'll be here and on Twitter (RedskinsInsider). You can also sign up for mobile alerts by texting "REDSKINS" to WPOST (97678).

By Cindy Boren  |  October 5, 2008; 7:06 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Poll: Who Is Worth the Most to His Team?
Next: Springs Unlikely to Play Today

Comments

I am worried since several folks here have said the same thing about MD and the Skins victories. Coincidence I say.

Posted by: splitbill | October 5, 2008 7:39 AM |

Let's hope so. If our fate is tied to the University of Maryland, then that makes us terrapin soup. 31-0?

If Ralph Fridgen can't get a win against the Virginia Yahoos, it's time to replace him with Marty Schottenheimer.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 5, 2008 7:52 AM | Report abuse

Go Skins! Biggest game of the year - hyperbole for sure but a win here and everything we've hoped for no longer looks like pie-in-the-sky kool-aid drinking. I hope they have the killer instinct and step on the throat of the Eagles. Even after last week's win no one is giving the 'skins a chance. A win today and our team then becomes the media's favorite story. The gushing of praise would make this blog way uncomfortable.

Posted by: bangkokben | October 5, 2008 8:08 AM | Report abuse

Jasno is en route to Philly, but sends this along:

Springs's calf has not responded as quickly as hoped to treatment and he is virtually certain to be out. Tryon would be up in his place.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 5, 2008 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Tryon would be up in his place.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 5, 2008 8:14 AM

We can count on Tryon for two picks: left nostril and right nostril. Anything more than that is gravy. Okay, maybe not gravy, but some other good thing.

One thing Tryon has going for him is that he's played Desean Jackson twice in college. Another thing is that he's about the same height as Desean. As soon as I think of the third thing, I'll be back to post it.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 5, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

I made it a new post...you're right, Talent. As Jasno sez, it's smurf vs. smurfs (smurves?) ... this would be the game you'd take Springs to miss, given the size/speed matchups.

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 5, 2008 8:42 AM | Report abuse

So, beep beep.

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 5, 2008 8:42 AM | Report abuse

I'm just saying, in stepuppage since the offseason in terms of quality performance, talent evaluator is the blog's Carlos Rogers. Nostrils.

That said, I think Jackson belongs to Rogers or Smoot, or maybe Torrence. Springs' inactive means Tryon on special teams.

Posted by: dcsween | October 5, 2008 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Has today's game been moved back to 4pm or not! I've heard both yes and no??

Posted by: bigray357 | October 5, 2008 10:09 AM | Report abuse