Redskins Escape Preseason Unscathed

Coach Jim Zorn seemed pleased that his team had gotten through five weeks and four preseason games without serious injury. He held a couple of tight ends out of Thursday's preseason finale at Jacksonville as precautionary measures, he said.

Chris Cooley, who had a bruised thumb, said after the game that he could've played, if needed. And Fred Davis alerted coaches before the game that he had a tight hamstring. "I'm certainly not going to put him out there and get him injured. ...I just shut him down," Zorn said.

Linebacker Robert Henson suffered a bloody nose, guard Will Montgomery took a finger to the eye and cornerback Doug Dutch suffered a stinger in the shoulder.

"We just have to evaluate and see how they come out," Zorn said. "No major issues, which, I think, is a good sign for both teams."

The Steinberg Report

Over at the Bog, Dan Steinberg, opting not to make the trip to Jacksonville, made a cheese tray, put his feet up in the Barcalounger and watched him some fubball. He shares what he learned, because he's just that kind of guy. The juiciest tidbit? Greg Blache said that someone might have played himself out of a roster spot.

By Rick Maese  |  September 3, 2009; 11:52 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Who's No. 3?
Next: Picking No. 3 QB Tough for Some

Comments

huh?

Posted by: boozyb | September 4, 2009 12:02 AM | Report abuse

*REPOST*

Good Night RI faithful.

I have scored the LAST post on the previous 3 threads.

If I come back here tomorrow and see that my accomplishments have been tampered with, someone's gonna have some splaining to do; and it's not gonna be Lucy.

Do I make myself crystal clear?

Posted by: Vicc | September 4, 2009 12:05 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vicc | September 4, 2009 12:07 AM | Report abuse

Do I make myself crystal clear?

Posted by: Vicc | September 4, 2009 12:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | September 4, 2009 12:16 AM | Report abuse

sweet

Posted by: stivic | September 4, 2009 12:24 AM | Report abuse

A nice story and accompanying video from my old hometown newspaper about Tony McKenna, star linebacker from my high school, who was killed by a lightning strike at the end of practice at the start of his senior year. I was a sophomore and had just transferred to the school, and I only knew him for a couple of weeks before he was killed, but everything they say about his character in the story is true. He was fierce on the field, and a gentle giant with a big smile off.

He'd already secured a scholarship from FSU as a junior, and I would bet money everyone who reads this blog would know him today.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 4, 2009 12:30 AM | Report abuse

I don't see why they wait until Saturday to cut some of these guys... "Tony, skip the shower, bring your playbook over here. Thanks for the effort. The AirTran counter is first on the left as you enter the terminal, I hear they have pretty good one-ways to DC, or wherever you want to go."

Posted by: daggar | September 4, 2009 12:32 AM | Report abuse

VICC you have me LOLing for real!

Dre'out

Don't shizzle my snizzle

Posted by: peaceful2008 | September 4, 2009 12:37 AM | Report abuse

Doug Dutch? !

Posted by: peaceful2008 | September 4, 2009 12:38 AM | Report abuse

Methinks with the Doug Dutch shoulder thing the season is lost

Hail2010