Redskins Hosting a Draft Party

Jason Reid reports:

The Redskins plan to host a draft party on April 25 at FedEx Field. There will be no charge for parking at the stadium or admission to the event, which is scheduled from noon to 9 p.m., according to the team.

Washington's cheerleaders and marching band will perform, and Coach Jim Zorn is expected to address the crowd before the two-day draft begins. The Skins currently hold four draft picks, including the No. 13 overall selection. They traded their second round pick to Miami for Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Taylor, who was released this month.

By washingtonpost.com Sports Editor  |  March 20, 2009; 10:36 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Free-Agent Shopping in the Bargain Bin
Next: Week in Review: Obligatory Cutler Stuff, Free Agency, Etc.

Comments

Just couldn't help taking a shot about Jason Taylor could you?

Posted by: sources | March 20, 2009 10:39 AM | Report abuse

(repost)

The uncertainties with Devin Thomas make you wonder if Torrie Holt is worth the look.

He may not have the burst he once had, but route running and hands are more important in the NFL than all out speed.

Holt's presence would also help where M Kelly might be a failure.

If Zorny is going WCO-spread, we'll need a dependable guy with hands who can run the routes opposite Moss/Cooley and be successful.

Holt coming to us from the Rams would be like when the great Henry Ellard joined the team back in the day.

Henry Ellard: memba him?

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 20, 2009 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Henry Ellard was Heath's go to guy when the other team wasn't open...

He was part of that 3-13 squad if I recall correctly.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 20, 2009 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Well here’s the latest rumor on this Cutler saga so take it for what it’s worth. According to the Bleacher report, yes I know… risky, it’s a three-way trade with Cutler, Scheffler and a Browns 3rd round pick going to Washington, Chris Cooley, Jason Campbell and a Denver 5th rounder to Cleveland and Brady Quinn and Washington S LaRon Landry going to Denver.

Posted by: slimbo-Rice | March 20, 2009 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Red I don't know. But taking a life can't be a easy thing to deal with. A lot of people want to act like these guys are not human simply because they make a lot of money. I just think that is wrong and not every athlete is Pac Man.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | March 20, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Red/ B we don't know anything about Stallworth on a personal level. He very well maybe grief stricken for a life that was lost. Not everyone put money above everything.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | March 20, 2009 10:33 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

A man was killed because of him. You would have to pretty desensitised to not be grief stricken. He took away the provider of ones family. Stallworth won't be able to provide for his own fam. Everybody loses......

Posted by: 4thFloor | March 20, 2009 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Will there be free food at this party? I mean, they're already waving parking fees, mine as well have free food also.

I'm sure they'll "get back" when the season starts.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 20, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Indeed 4th/JM... especially about the part that everyones loses.

I just see both sides, and have 20/20 on one, and 20/50 on the other.
------------------------

On a lighter note though, what is the worst vision you can have, 20/200?

Posted by: RedDMV | March 20, 2009 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Henry Ellard was a great pick up for the Skins. If I remember right, pretty much every time he caught the ball it was for a first down. Too bad he popped a hammy towards the end of the season.

"Henry Ellard was Heath's go to guy when the other team wasn't open..."

...good one, Red.

Posted by: edvar | March 20, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Should be a pretty short party...

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 20, 2009 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DCXNTX | March 20, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

anyone see the "not pursuing cutler" article at redskins.com

i'm soooo glad that article is there

Posted by: pabrian2003 | March 20, 2009 11:14 AM | Report abuse

"Millen's gone but they kept all his cronies, and promoted one of them to GM."

Mayhew did help us get a ring and after retiring got himself a law degree from Georgetown. I wouldn't be too quick to underestimate him just yet...Plus as posted already, he may have taken advantage of JJ, which is always a good thing!

Posted by: will_ga | March 20, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

ditto..Cutler is defintiely not worth all this That Cutler trade proposition is arguably the most retarded thing I've ever heard of... If that goes down, I promise I will not be a Redskins fan anymore. Laron Landry, Cooley, and campbell for Cutler and Sheffler with a pick? Vinny... Kill yourself if you are really thinking about that

Posted by: TheBeatDontStop | March 20, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins will not trade for Cutler - especially letting Cooley and Landry go. That's got to be total BS. I did hear that Vinny got a strand of Cutler's hair and he is at some secret laboratory trying to get a clone made before the regular season. That has about as much of a chance working as bringing back Marcus Washington...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 20, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Isn't Cutler an insulin-dependent diabetic? I believe that's the more severe type (I).

Posted by: Samson151 | March 20, 2009 8:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Samson151

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I would take a diabetic in a wheel chair over JC. JC is Joe Montana outside of the red zone and Hanna Montana inside the red zone. Look at his stats.. they fully back this up. He cant make the second Read in a compressed backfield.
Save your money this year if JC is starting.. Stay home, tivo the games, and also save 60 hours of your life.. spend it with your family.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 20, 2009 11:19 PM | Report abuse

wait so, how many draft picks did we loose from the jason taylor fiasco again

Posted by: BMACattack | March 21, 2009 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Samson151

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | March 20, 2009 11:19 PM | Report abuse
-----------------------------------------

Correlation does not mean causality. The Skins have stunk up the joint trying to run in the Red Zone for almost a decade. If you cant run it in, then the defenses can load up that much more on the pass, which is where the large athletic WR's like Fitzgerald become handy. Problem is, we go 4 deep at the WR position before you find a guy over 6 foot.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | March 23, 2009 8:26 AM | Report abuse