Redskins In-House Free Agents To Be

The Redskins have had discussions trying to keep many of their free agents, but there is little doubt many of them will hit the market. In some cases, the team believes players might return in a few weeks because the cash won't be out there on the open market.

We shall see.

They met with QB Todd Collins's agent again at the combine, sources said, and hope to re-sign him. At this point they will likely talk again before Friday but with at least 4 other teams interested in him, Collins will probably see what's out there. However, sources said he would let the Redskins have a chance to match any offer.

P Derrick Frost could re-sign with the team today, with the sides speaking again at the combine and hashing out a contract.

RB Rock Cartwright expects to hit the market; perhaps he'll come back but he wants at least $2 million guaranteed and that's not in the cards here right now.

G Jason Fabini has enough experience and played well enough as a starting guards that there is outside in him as well, so he could re-sign here but likely not until after Friday.

The Redskins have expressed interest in S Pierson Prioleau and LB Randall Godfrey, but they are both set to hit the market and could both end up in Jacksonville.

David Macklin and Brian Kozlowski are not in the plans right now. Omar Stoutmire seems to turn back up at Redskins Park all the time, so they could always reach out to him again late in free agency, with safety depth a concern. Mike Pucillo's career might be over after a serious back injury and the team will sign another C/G to replace him.

The Redskins are seeking upgrades at WR, and Keenan McCardell may retire. WR Reche Caldwell could return at some point for depth as well, with Brandon Lloyd gone.

I would not be surprised to see DT Ryan Boschetti back here at some point this off season as well on a vet min deal trying to fight for one of the final roster spots. Greg Blache loves the kid's fight and attitude.

By Jason La Canfora  |  February 27, 2008; 3:07 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lloyd Cut
Next: VP of Public Relations Is Fired

Comments

First!

Posted by: macaro | February 27, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

depends!

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

1st

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 27, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

What is Caldwell's contract like? I always though he was an extremely dependable receiver, especially down the stretch, and seems like he'd fit in well with the WCO.

Posted by: probablyjason | February 27, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

I guess it will be randallgodfrey@jag4life.com then?

Posted by: Redcoat | February 27, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: probablyjason | February 27, 2008 03:11 PM

He signed for the vet min last year. One year deal

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 27, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | February 27, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Dammit! I missed all the email postings! oh well then, here is mine...

RedDMV@johnnycomelate.org

Posted by: RedDMV | February 27, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't notguy supposed to reveal him/herself if the 'Skins made the playoffs?

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Skip Bayless calling JC breakout QB of 2008. With the help of Zorn.

Posted by: kerzon417 | February 27, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and I am less than 24 hours away from another week of snowboarding up in Whistler. I CANNOT wait. Pondering taking the new puppy up there with me to, you know, help with the evening fishing expeditions.

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Kerzon, is your name something to do with Star Trek then?

Posted by: Redcoat | February 27, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

...Next, on VH1's SortaCelebReality hit "PDiddy: Wookin' Pa Nub", PDiddy goes to chercher les femmes with puppy in "Whistler: Love is Snowblind" - right after "Rock Of Love"....

Posted by: FlimFlam | February 27, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Aye, P Diddy. notguy has not been a guy of his word.

Thank goodness things turned funny up here. That was a rough morning.

Hail to the blog.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 27, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Of all those players listed, I think that Caldwell, Collins, would be the guys they should try and sign. The rest of them don't really do much for me. I know people on here have a thing for Rock, but lets see what other teams think of him.

Posted by: gregmarino88 | February 27, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Not quite on point today, but the limericks at this link are hysterical:

I received the limericks in an email and found the link.

Posted by: Markin21132 | February 27, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Kerzon, is your name something to do with Star Trek then?

Posted by: Redcoat | February 27, 2008 03:34 PM

On Deep Space 9,Jadzia Dax had a symbiont named dax. The previous host of the sybiont was a Klingon named Curzon. Misspelled the name when first took it and never corrected it.

Posted by: kerzon417 | February 27, 2008 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kerzon417 | February 27, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Jadzia was the good-looking one who married Worf or something like that?

Posted by: Redcoat | February 27, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

kerz, can't access, what does Clayton have to say?? Thanks.

Posted by: gregmarino88 | February 27, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Thats the one. Had one Rott name dax and one named kerzon.

Posted by: kerzon417 | February 27, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jimmy | February 27, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Greg:
Basically that the trend is to keep your own FAs as the ones out there will be expensive and may not be the player sought. List numbers and reasons why teams are even franchising back-up type players. Hard to replace starters with this crop of FAs. I can post the article if you want.

Posted by: kerzon417 | February 27, 2008 3:51 PM | Report abuse

"Omar Stoutmire was cut more times than a emo kid's arms last year. It's safe to say that if you're getting cut every 2 weeks, you are not in the team's long term plans. Odds of returning - 10%"

LMGO!

Posted by: Redcoat | February 27, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Thanks kerz, no need to post, I get the point. The Redskins don't really have a situation which this would apply to...

Seems like a good year NOT to be big players in Free Agency....

Posted by: gregmarino88 | February 27, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Nice to see that the FO sees this!

Posted by: kerzon417 | February 27, 2008 3:58 PM | Report abuse

You know, I thought kerzon was related to DS9 but didn't want to ask for fear of outing myself as a huge nerd. Not that posting up here doesn't already prove the fact.

But I digress.

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

I apologize for contributing to this morning's bout of nastiness. I'm in a much more jibba jabistic mood now that I'm not at work.

Posted by: Original_etrod | February 27, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

And Curzon wasn't a Klingon. He was a Trill host of the symbiont Dax. Jadzia Dax (Jadzia being the Trill host after Curzon) had a relationship with everybody's favorite Klingon, Worf. When Jadzia died, Ezri was the nearest available Trill host to take on the Dax symbiont. Though she was not ready, she had no choice. This made for some hilarity and hijinks in DS9's final season.

Someone shoot me for knowing this.

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Well, once a geek...

Posted by: kerzon417 | February 27, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

I just grew a pocket protector while reading that.

Posted by: Original_etrod | February 27, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Original_etrod@excuses.com

Posted by: gregmarino88 | February 27, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Someone shoot me for knowing this.

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 04:07 PM

I stand corrected. What was it Greg said:
I hate facts!

Posted by: kerzon417 | February 27, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Good gravy, FlimFlam and etrod and P Diddy... wowza!

Awfully good to see you fellers up here.

The rest of you, this goes for you as well. Just not as much :)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 27, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

dunno if anyone has said this yet today and hell...i dont even know what it means on this blog...but i know what it means to me right now!!!

BONG!!! as in hits!!!

gawd i love working from home!!!

hail!!! and keep the faith...

Posted by: deadskin | February 27, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

BONG!!! as in hits!!!

gawd i love working from home!!!

hail!!! and keep the faith...

Posted by: deadskin | February 27, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

God, I'm embarrassed at my post. I'll have to make up for it with a trip report from Whistler.

In truth, I am a huge Star Trek fan. I actually genuinely loved the show (in all its forms, except that crappy Star Trek: Enterprise version). My favorite captain is Janeway (I know, I know) and for whatever reason (probably having to do with Seven of Nine) I loved that series the best.

Sorry for my absence, Nate. Been busy working. This consulting thing is more effort than I expected. I think I need to go get a real job soon.

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

pdid, please give yourself a wedgie, from the rest of us non-Trek fans...

Posted by: gregmarino88 | February 27, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Gotta say I'm not a fan of the Star Treks (except Wrath of Khan, that was the shiznit).

But start talking about Star Wars and I'm all in. BTW has anyone seen the trailer for Fanboys? I can't wait.

Posted by: Original_etrod | February 27, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

It's good to read the ESPN article on the Redskins new approach. I just hope it's all true, and that (coaching search debacle aside) Snyder did actually learn something from Sir Joe.

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Frost is an absolute liability for our special teams unit. It's not that he is a terrible punter, in totality. When he's good, he's good. The problem is that he is not consistent. And when this kid is bad, he is REALLY bad. The field position battle is far too important to entrust this position to Frost, in my opinion.

I say we sign a punter who can handle the punting and kick-off duties because Suisham's kick-offs may as well sail out of bounds because the other team usually ends up starting somewhere around the 30+ anyway.

Posted by: lwert99 | February 27, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

If Caldwell is getting paid the vet min KEEP him. He madde some nice catches down the stretch....

Posted by: trailblazer658 | February 27, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

for (int x = 0; x {
PDiddy.Wedgie();
}

// oh yes, the marketing guy can write code :-)

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

// damn Loseable Type can't handle a less than symbol!

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

So you're saying Jadzia was one of these?

Posted by: Redcoat | February 27, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Yes, redcoat. That is exactly what I'm saying. :-)

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

This is how I remember her.

Posted by: kerzon417 | February 27, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Time was, due to sheer boredom and constraint, I'd eat just about any crap someone brought into the office from a vacation.

Yes, even salt water taffy...the purple ones.

That's all been brought to an end with Key Lime flavored, chocolate-dipped coconut squares. It's like biting your fingernails after dusting the whole house with Pledge, washed down with a glass of Nestle's Quik.

Posted by: SMACK1 | February 27, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Caldwell is only 28 and coming in at 6 feet 210 lbs. are largest receiver to catch a pass last season? or did Mix catch one... Anyhow....

15 receptions in what 5 or six games he actually played in (better than Lloyd his whole time in Washington). He also averaged 9.4 yards per catch and remember he is playing for the vet minimum

Posted by: trailblazer658 | February 27, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

If the rumors are true, it might be an uneventful offseason. If so, anyone have any ideas for passing the time?

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Name the license plate?

Posted by: Original_etrod | February 27, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I have a hard time believing this offseason will be quiet if past history is any indicator

Posted by: trailblazer658 | February 27, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Thumb Wrestling?

Posted by: Original_etrod | February 27, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Brandon (Pittsburgh): With the redskins having a new coach come in which area of their needs do you think they will fulfill with this years draft?

Mel Kiper: Their major needs don't change. DE and WR are their major needs. It's not going to change with Jim Zorn. If you look at the DEs at that point, it's Harvey, Campbell. If you're looking at WR, DeSean Jackson, Malcolm Kelly, if he's there.

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Candyland?

Posted by: Original_etrod | February 27, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Oh, Terry Farrell. Not Perry.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 27, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

James Hardy or Limas Sweed!!!

Posted by: merajc86 | February 27, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

If this is true and Pierson Prioleau is on his way out, it may be the greatest day in Redskins history.

Posted by: sams3 | February 27, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Sam3 Agreed

Posted by: trailblazer658 | February 27, 2008 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Why the hatred for Prioleau? I'm not saying that he's any good, but there were just so many more dislikable players.

Hating Prioleau is like hating Norway.

Posted by: Original_etrod | February 27, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Bizarre- "Tonya and Nancy: The Rock Opera"

Irritatingly Relevant- Now playing at the Portland World Trade Center Auditorium. I sense a PDX blog peeps meet up...

Posted by: 4-12 | February 27, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

trailblazer658 -

Caldwell WAS playing for the veteran minimum, he's about to hit free agency and will be looking for more than that. I'd say whether or not he gets resign will depend on how we go with other free agent WR's such as DJ Hackett and Bryant Johnson. So I reckon if he's resigned it'll probably be late in the caper.

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Bills offseason to do list (Ever year)

Cut 2/3 of your players

Cut atleast 2 of your 3 best players

Horrifically over pay for a Redskin player (Derrick Doc & Rob Royal)

Rip away an vestiages of hope from your fan base.

Posted by: sams3 | February 27, 2008 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Anybody who was on our safety depth chart at the same time as Adam Archuleta pretty much gets a pass from me, simply for being a safety other than Adam Archuleta.

Also, Praline's surname contains all the vowels, just like Kurt Gouveia's. Which I like.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 27, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

To Do List for Pierson Prioleau - (every game)

Get rocked on.

Posted by: sams3 | February 27, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

That looks awesome, 4-12, and I am as always awed by your ability to dig up amazing links (how do you doo it, dood?).

But $20-25 for tickets? Sheesh. That could go towards a whole bunch of beer.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 27, 2008 4:54 PM | Report abuse

The arm flaps on the actress playing Tonya are a nice touch.

Posted by: SMACK1 | February 27, 2008 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Don't feel sad for Omar Stoutmire. He's always got his tasty but fat-laden baked goods business to fall back on.

Posted by: freakzilla | February 27, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

freakz -
got a check in the mail-o
I stole a lotta moolah
but I'm not goin' to jail-o

These seem more along the lines of Adam Sandler Operaman lyrics.

Posted by: cdubb | February 27, 2008 03:05 PM

Yeah, but show me one good rap song that DOESN'T resemble an Opera Man tune.

Posted by: freakzilla | February 27, 2008 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 27, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

4-12, there you go again ...

Actually, when you think about the Bears game, JC as Nancy K ... The Todd as Tonya H. Hmmm ... who is the proverbially Gilooley in this one?

The jibba is flying here, and I got nothing ... but (wait for it) WORK! who knew dcsween actually did that type of thing ...

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Also, post of the day (so far) was the domain name for etrod. I rarely need to use that little sliding bar at the bottom of the screen and NEVER have I had such a pay off.

dcsween@gotnothin.now

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2008 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of PDX meet-ups, some of us are planning to whack golf balls around a groovy pitch'n'putt course in a few weeks. (Unless it's raining cats and dogs, which it might be, and in which case we'll probably just have a beer.)

P Diddy, freakzilla, deadskin, y'all are of course welcome to join us if you want to come down for a Saturday afternoon and hang out with the boys. And anybody else in the Pac NW region. Just lemme know.

nateinthepdx at gmail dot com

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 27, 2008 5:15 PM | Report abuse

nottigerwoods@prayforrain.bev

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 27, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

You know, I love reading Mock Drafts, love hearing who people think we're taking, and then doing research on said player. But every now and then you come across a Mock Draft which makes no sense at all!

Thing is, this isn't some small site with two kids working out of the folks' basement, picking in a way so their favourite team gets their favourite player. This is from The Sports Xchange, which is basically CBS Sportslines scouting department.

The have us taking ILB Dan Connor with our first round choice!

Huh??

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

So that d bag Salisbury is out at ESPN, great, now we gotta listen to that can of smashed &$$holes Cris Carter.

PS. sorry that the previous link doesn't work.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 27, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Nate,

Beer & wine supply at home is running low, and Mrs. Freakzilla has asked me to swing by the Trader Joe's near my office on the way home to rectify that with some 3-buck Chuck and some beer.

Any beer recommendations? They tend to have some neet stuff at TJ's.

Posted by: freakzilla | February 27, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Nate, I tried golf once and it's not for me. Though, I would be happy to come down for an evening of shabingus-flavored drinking. I love that Westin downtown (though they inexplicably don't serve food after 10pm!) Would relish the chance to do some tax-free shopping at Mario's and the Apple Store. Maybe even pick up a new LCD teevee and BluRay player on the way home...

I love no sales tax...

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

freakzilla, my fave Trader Joe's beer is Oranjeboom (sp?). I think its dutch ... six pack in 16 oz. cans. Its not just for breakfast anymore.

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2008 5:25 PM | Report abuse

From Clayton article:

"It was surprising that Chicago didn't put the franchise tag on wide receiver Bernard Berrian, because the Bears may not find a receiver as good as him -- unless they can get Moss, of course. The next options with deep speed are Drew Carter of the Panthers, D.J. Hackett of the Seahawks, Devery Henderson of the Saints and Stallworth, and each one will come in at $4 million to $5 million a year. The Texans' Andre Davis is also going to make $5 million a year, and no one is 100 percent certain he's a starter."

I do not think those guys are worth 5M per.

Posted by: skinfanman | February 27, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Sween, yeah it's Dutch!

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Quarterback Mark Brunell's contract was just voided, saving the Redskins $3.4 million against the salary cap and getting them under the $116 million limit more than 30 hours before the 11:59 PM Thursday deadline. This doesn't mean Brunell, 37, won't be back for a fourth season in Washington. But it does mean if he does return, it will be at a much more sensible price.

Posted on February 27, 2008 5:24 PM

Posted by: scampbell1975 | February 27, 2008 5:43 PM | Report abuse

zilla, I am loving the Caldera lately, southern OR product sold in Al cans. Not sure if it would be available up your way.

I like the IPA okay but am really digging the Pils. Good luck.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | February 27, 2008 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Last season, there were two rounds of free agency ... the first week and after the first week. The first week was SICK ... bonanza days for the guards (including the Skins' own Derrick Dockery). I think it was a little absurd b/c no team really had a sense of what the market was or should be with the new CBA.

THIS season, the meme (tip of the hat to chRIs Larry) is that the lots of teams are going to sit back and see what happens. To me, this feels a little bit like collusion, but if the high point of absurdity last year was Nate Clement's contract, then I think everyone is going to wait to see how high the high point of this year's absurdity is going to be ... specifically, how much (and how long) Asante Samuel gets.

My big new thought is that the time for teams to strike is BEFORE everyone finds the high water mark ... like a few days into next week, after nothing happens because everyone is saying "I'm not paying that much" ... but before Samuel (or Randy Moss ... or Berrian ... or Michael Turner) sign ... that is the time to find value, i.e., a nervous agent who backs down at the game of chicken.

I'm all for offseason austerity, but austerity for austerity's sake when there is value to be made in a deal ... that would be unfortunate. ATTENTION VINCENT.

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2008 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Tell you what, a few of our potential DL choices really disappointed at the combine didn't they. I guess it now looks like we'll be going WR in the 1st round, unless there is a bargain CB available.

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 5:49 PM | Report abuse

kost, in the previous post, some loser makes a pitch for sacrificing the first round pick to get a restricted free agent safety named Atogwe to replace Sean Taylor (21 for 21). interesting

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2008 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Seems to me that the Dynamic Duo simply can't win. Half of us want them to go big in the offseason, half of us want them to be austere.

I offer the Dynamic Duo the same free advice I give to everyone in any situation where there are wildly differing opinions: just listen to me.

Posted by: PDiddy | February 27, 2008 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Let the Youth Movement commence....

Looking at that list.....people will finally understand that continuity was really not an option with Williams.

Its time for the young players to inherit the team!! I'm excited.

Posted by: goosedude | February 27, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Little Prick Danny and Smaller Dick Vinnie (LPD and SDV) should get back to playing fantasy football.

They need to be HUGE palyers in free agency.

Cuts-
offense
Santana Moss- injury prone
Brunell- complete loser
Collins- old and basically useless for future
Jansen-old and injury prone
Thomas- injury prone
Betts- too highly paid for little production

Defense-

Daniels-old
Griffin- old and non productive
Springs- old and too much money
Doughty- sucks

ST- Cartwright- slow

It's time to suck it up and get a fresh start. To hell w/ the salary cap ramifications.

Posted by: redskins0and16 | February 27, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

Free agent pick ups-

Al Hayneworth
Assante Samuel
Javon Walker
Randy Moss

Posted by: redskins0and16 | February 27, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

PD, I'm not saying go big, just that they should remain flexible re: circumstances rather than fixed on austerity. Mostly, I want them to get Antwan Odom to replace (or be in rotation with) Phillip Daniels, and get Atogwe to replace Sean Taylor. Hopefully the Raiders won't be able to work out a long term deal with Nana Mushmushi (maybe I'm mispronouncing that) so that he becomes available after next season (when the tires fall off of SPrings).

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

redskins0and16
Your name says so much about you.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | February 27, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

PD, I'm saying the opposite of what the two posts before my last one said.

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Free agent pick ups-

Al Hayneworth
Assante Samuel
Javon Walker
Randy Moss

Posted by: redskins0and16 | February 27, 2008 06:03 PM

This is the 2007 version of

Deion Sanders
Mark Carrier
shanbingus
maps
such as

Posted by: dcsween | February 27, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Sween, I'm just not sure that Safety is that big a need at this stage. I think do think they'll look for an upgrade on Doughty, but I'm just not sure they'll go that far. Got to remember that Otogwe was second in the league for INT's this season, so he won't be coming cheap. And there's just something about Rams' Safeties which puts a shiver up my spine.

I know that a lot of people are scared off by how many busts there are in the 1st round when it comes to WR's, but most of the other positions have similar records. This past season, 17 of the top 25 leading WR's (rec.yds) were drafted in the top 3 rounds.

Sure it can be a bit of a hit or miss situation, but you can't hit if you don't swing.

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 06:46 PM

Kost,

Can you be more specific or is it just a general apprehension?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | February 27, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse

They need to be HUGE players in free agency.

Cuts-

Free agent pick ups-

Al Hayneworth
Assante Samuel
Javon Walker
Randy Moss

Posted by: redskins0and16 | February 27, 2008 06:03 PM

Crickets, you gotta research this one. Would the following moves successfully use ALL of the Skins 2008 salary cap? Can you have a 4 player roster, or could you use unpaid interns and front office personnel to fill roster spots?

I'm fascinated

Adam

Posted by: argh | February 27, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse

TE - I reckon it may have something to do with past dealings.

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 7:11 PM | Report abuse

If I understand the FA rules correctly, since Otogwe was drafted in the 3rd round, the Skins would have to give up a 3rd for him? Or can the Rams tender a higher pick than the 3rd?

Posted by: mdvj | February 27, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

So, did greg and jj man up and "step outside" the blog?
I need closure. Or at least more laughter.

Posted by: mack1 | February 27, 2008 7:45 PM | Report abuse

mdvj -

I'm looking for confirmation, but I'm pretty sure the Rams placed a 1st round tender on him.

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 7:54 PM | Report abuse

So, did greg and jj man up and "step outside" the blog?
I need closure. Or at least more laughter.

Posted by: mack1 | February 27, 2008 07:45 PM

Rule #1: Don't blog about eFight Club
Rule #2...

Posted by: SMACK1 | February 27, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse

And they're under [David Elfin]

Posted by: mdvj | February 27, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

My bad Smack. Don't tell jj. He might threaten me with whacked out frowny face emoticon.

Posted by: mack1 | February 27, 2008 8:16 PM | Report abuse

It's amazing he has time for all that anger, being a computer engineering funeral directing nuclear physicizing brain surgeoning rocket scientizing choo-choo train driving harlequin romance writing veterinarian.

Posted by: SMACK1 | February 27, 2008 8:43 PM | Report abuse

oh no, it's shankzilla!

Posted by: wfchez | February 27, 2008 8:51 PM | Report abuse

You forgot professional blog antagonist.

Posted by: mack1 | February 27, 2008 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | February 27, 2008 08:43 PM

Sounds like I missed out on some interesting blogging this morning!!

Posted by: kost52 | February 27, 2008 9:05 PM | Report abuse