Redskins Insider Live: Catch it Tuesday

Join LaVar Arrington, Redskins beat writer Rick Maese and D.C. Sports Bog Dan Steinberg at 10:30 Eastern Tuesday morning for this week's edition of Redskins Insider Live. Along with studio host Jonathan Forsythe, they will talk about the Redskins' OT loss to Houston, and look ahead to Sunday's game against St. Louis.

As they do every week, the panelists will answer some reader questions. Please submit your questions by clicking here.

If you can't catch the show live, come back later and watch the recorded version on washingtonpost.com/sports. You can also download the podcast at http://cdn.washingtonpost.com/media/podcast/redskinsinsiderlive091410.mp3
or subscribe to the podcast at http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/redskins-insider-podcast-the/id331784999

By Washington Post Sports  | September 20, 2010; 8:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DeAngelo Hall clarifies his position on coverage plan
Next: Redskins players vote to decertify union

Comments

Oh, I get it, it's a fill in the blank...

"Purloin LaVar, Redskins beat writer Rick Maese and D.C. Sports Bog Dan Steinberg..."

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 20, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

"Three sides of the same coin LaVar, Redskins beat writer Rick Maese and D.C. Sports Bog Dan Steinberg"

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 20, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

This ones for you poopy !

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

"I'm not ready t start slurping on new soup"

Dude, what is this, some f*cked up version of Stockholm Syndrome?--you have this misplaced love and loyalty to the very people who held you hostage. I get you liked JC. He's a Raider. McNabb wears #5 for the skins now and threw for over 4 HUNDRED yards yesterday. That's the guy I'm rooting for.

You're an idiot.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 20, 2010 8:43 PM | Report abuse

JC sucked. He's gone and now BENCHED in favor of bruce gradkowski. Wow.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe

check the blog archives I said this in the midst of so many JC nut suckers saying he'd be great as a "rayduh"

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | September 20, 2010 8:50 PM | Report abuse

CATCH IT ..... TUESDAY

ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES

More insight, less wasted time than the RI Live.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 20, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Who searches the internet for animated cartoons that fling poo at others?

Only hessone, only hessone.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Who searches the internet for animated cartoons that fling poo at others?

Only hessone, only hessone.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 8:53 PM |

I thought, of all people, poopy's got to like this one !

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse

glad were are not the 49's that coaching staff is in shambles

Posted by: skinswillwin | September 20, 2010 9:03 PM | Report abuse

This loss is on the coaching staff!!!!
They had better fix it and quick, because there is no excuse for the countless pathetic calls they made throughout the entire game.

Posted by: skins91r

Agreed. For all the blame being put on players up here, and there is plenty of blame to go around, Haslett gets the big blame for this one. Too many people being used out of position, not using players properly. Not accounting for AJ on the final play. And someone please tell me the names of the coaches that were impressed by LJ in the offseason and preseason. OMG, does he look pathetic.

Posted by: NYPDee | September 20, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Sad News here...RIP

Report: Broncos receiver Kenny McKinley found dead

Posted by Mike Florio on September 20, 2010 9:03 PM ET

Josina Anderson of FOX 31 in Denver reports that Broncos receiver Kenny McKinley has been found dead, apparently due to a suicide.

The 23-year-old McKinley, a fifth-round pick in 2009 from South Carolina, appeared in eight games last season before landing on injured reserve. He was again placed on injured reserve to start the 2010 season.

At South Carolina, McKinley caught 207 passes, and he generated more than 2,700 receiving yards.

Our thoughts and condolences go out to McKinley's family, teammates, and friends, and to the entire Broncos organization.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

why's it sad?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 9:10 PM | Report abuse

Damn, dude. I feel for the people close to him. RIP.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 20, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 20, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 9:10 PM

Wow, shoot. That's terrible news. RIP Kenny.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

why's it sad?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 9:15 PM

If you ask the question you're incapable of understanding the answer.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 20, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

A grown man, who possibly made the decision himself to end his own life, is sad?

And it's sad to complete strangers?

And spare me the loss of life, any life, is a terrible thing blah blah blah.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 9:32 PM

To borrow something from your repertoire. I have more respect for the last diaper I changed then anything you've shared on this blog.

You have clogged the blog yet again and need to be flushed.

Go Flush yourself, you human piece of sh1t.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

poopy has no heart. ;(

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Maybe im wrong but didn't the saints D suck when hasslet was there coach just say we need greg or blatch back asap.

Posted by: labpatti | September 20, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: labpatti | September 20, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

And it's sad to complete strangers?

And spare me the loss of life, any life, is a terrible thing blah blah blah.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop

Don't be a D!ck. Show a little respect. This isn't a topic that requires humor.

Posted by: dcwun | September 20, 2010 9:45 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Mr. McKinley was perfectly content with his decision to end his own life? You don't know, nor do I.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm not being humorous, I'm being serious.

And if I can gather from what you all think, when Hunter S. Thompson ended his life, since I enjoyed his writing, style, life, etc. I should've felt a heavy pain in my heart because, he, a grown made, did what he wanted to do, even if that meant ending his own life?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 9:50 PM | Report abuse

And it's sad to complete strangers?

And spare me the loss of life, any life, is a terrible thing blah blah blah.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop

Poopy,
I've never once responded to any of your lame "upper decker" posts. It was funny that one time...actually it was never funny. But this really puts you on a whole new level of a--hole.

Posted by: iH8dallas | September 20, 2010 9:51 PM | Report abuse

You don't get it poopy. It's tragic when someone takes their own life. Clearly something was wrong and McKinley didn't get the help he needed. It's sad for his family, friends, and his fans. Show a little respect, would you?

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Of course it's sad for friends and family. If his friends/family are here posting tonight, my deepest condolences.

And it's only your opinion that it's "tragic" when someone takes their own life.

As I said earlier, maybe Mr. McKinley was perfectly content with what he was doing in his final moments.

But just so I understand you all, any/all suicide is just wrong, tragic, bad, insert numerous adjectives here that fit. Is that right?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Mike Vick to DeSean Jackson...

Veeeeery impressive.

Poopy_McPoop
Deangelo_Hall
Poopy_McPoop
Double_Handle
Poopy_McPoop

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:03 PM | Report abuse

WTF is your problem hessone?

I post twice in the last week.

and this is what I get?

Go hug a nut, would ya?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 20, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Are you really this much of an idiot?

I mean "moron" is prolly the most overused term on da blog, but in your case it fits like a freakin' glove.

Underscore that you big dummy.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 20, 2010 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 9:59 PM |

Right, everyone that takes their own life is happy and content. You've got a heart of stone dude.

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Maybe he was. Maybe he's got more balls than you and is willing to face whatever the afterlife offers, if anything.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 10:11 PM | Report abuse

Did everyone notice that poopy brought out his sock puppet Chia_Pet to change the subject about Kenny McKinley. EXPOSED

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:11 PM | Report abuse

And I love the strawmen argument you set up hessone. Nowhere did I say "Everyone" who committed suicide was happy and content with it. I simply suggested that Mr. McKinley (one person, just one, since you have a hard reading comprehension problem) was.

Now back to your detective desk to expose others who you think I am.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 10:13 PM | Report abuse

"He (Fred Davis) is lazy and quit on that play and it cost the Redskins the game."

Was he being 'lazy' on the long catch and run where he almost scored?

Just askin'....

Posted by: gimmesummoe | September 20, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse

EXPOSED

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:11 PM

-------

You're EXPOSING yourself as a paranoid delusional person,

who also happens to be a big ole dummy.

Jeesh!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 20, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

Was he being 'lazy' on the long catch and run where he almost scored?

Just askin'....

Posted by: gimmesummoe | September 20, 2010 10:15 PM |

Wide open on the pass, passive on the FG blocking

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:20 PM | Report abuse

Chia, watch out. a few more posts and he'll be on to us.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 10:22 PM | Report abuse

Moe- FD was definitely lazy on the block. If he gives even a half hearted effort, then the kick is good and we are 2-0.

Granted there are 10 other plays but the others aren't from a lack of effort.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 10:23 PM | Report abuse

Jeesh!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 20, 2010 10:19 PM |

Whatever poopy, I mean Chia_Pet

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:23 PM | Report abuse

Hessone

Dude, what's up? You never have any Redskins conversation to add. All you do is come up here and aggitate. Chia and poopy were obviously ready o let this whole retarded multiple handle thing go but you bring it right back up like some retarded version of Dustin Hoffman. It's really very old and tired. Give it a rest.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

Yesterday's loss has come and gone.

The next 4 games:

Rams
Eagles
Packers
Colts

Analysis:

We must take the game from the rams and not allow them any room to 'comeback': a disturbing two game trend.

The Philadelphia Eagles v. Donovan McNabb will be an affair for the ages (and especially so if Mike Vick start in place of a failing K Kolb).

Both the Packers and Colts will be visiting us this year: we must get a split to go with wins against the iggles/rams.

That'll make us 4-2 through the 1st six games (even 3-3 is okay).

And that ain't bad.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | September 20, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Congrats.

You're the dumbest person on da blog hessone.

Not one redeemable characteristic.

You have yet to post anything remotely substantive, entertaining, or insightful.

Just a giant sucking sound follows your name.

Whoooooooooooooooosh!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 20, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Agreed on the prospect of a Mike Vick led Iggles vs. McNabb and the Skins.

This would be mayjah.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 20, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

poopy, you could be our secret weapon, if you would only go to a Cowboy's board and get lost there.

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

"Wide open on the pass, passive on the FG blocking"

Was Mike Shanahan being 'lazy' when he could've pooch punted after the time out 'freeze the kicker' move by Kubiak (he would've pinned the Texans deep), but chose to let G Gano kick anyway--and miss, thus giving the Texans a short field?

My point?: the freakin' game is over.

We played one of the best teams in the league and took them to the brink.

I'm proud and glad of the redskins in every way.

We witnessed great offensive production, but all folks moan about is a block on a missed field goal.

Last year's redskin team would've made that field goal, and lost 38-6 to the Texans.

It was a game where some gave all, and all gave some.

Let's not be petty and pin the loss on one guy when 53 players make a team.

Let's move on.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | September 20, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse

Please. Hess, poopy, can you guys just squash it and move on? Chia, can you find a ceramic pot to grow on? Or some indigenous Mexicans to feed? Or diapers to change? Anything but feed the cycle of meh?

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 20, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse

lol Moe. So true. Agree with all points.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 20, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

@scampbell1975

After watching you and No_Punt_Intended go at it, your telling me to chill. I let you fight your fight, you can do the same for me. Most of my post are football related, except for dealing with this moron. I'll tell you one more time scamp, I did not throw the first stone.

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse

No problem, Longballs.

I'm a just a tryin to get my blog back on, but I'm consistently harangued by this idiot who calls himself "hessone."

Or is this simply one of beep beep's sock puppets?

meh!

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 20, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

I only address hessone when he addresses me. He's the one who posted some gross animation of a guy flinging poo on another. And when he chimes in trying to insist that I am another poster or another poster is myself, than again I'll chime in to let him know just how much of a moronic boob he is.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 20, 2010 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 20, 2010 10:38 PM |

That's cool with me Romo, but poopy will never let it go.

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:43 PM | Report abuse

I did not throw the first stone.

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:41 PM

------------

Your brain is a stone I swear.

Could you possibly be any more insistently stoooopid?

Posted by: Chia_Pet | September 20, 2010 10:45 PM | Report abuse

i hate to say this but with haynesworth in the game we coulda woulda won. damn it! i want to get him and shanny in a room together. FOR THE GOOD OF THE TEAM, CITY, COUNTRY GENTLEMEN!!! put your penises away!

Posted by: dealer1 | September 20, 2010 10:46 PM | Report abuse

Stop ragging Portis as being washed up, when the guy ran well every time a lane was opened for him. I bet none of you caught how well he blocked on every blocking assignment. How many run plays were called in the game!? was that his fault??

If the Redskins were just outmatched, then there is NO WAY they could have built a 17pt lead late in the game that should have sealed a victory.

The whole reason I was saluting the Shanahan hire is the fact that I thought these type of collapses would be erased by a legitimate coaching staff.

THE REDSKINS HAVE THE TALENT! it just needs to be pointed in the right direction.

Posted by: skins91r | September 20, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

I love what Portis brings to the pass pro. I was too busy rotating Jack Daniels and Jim Beam at right and left guard to notice him all that much while I was at the game. But I'm watching guys like Frank Gore (who looks a bit like Portis-5 years) and can't help but notice a difference. We need some fresh legs in there. Bring in Banks for some of those screens, anything to get a little more speed on the field on offense.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | September 20, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Tomorrow night homework:

Re-watch the game on NFLN.

Cheer all over again.

Yell at the t.v..

Give the Andre Johnson the finger on both hands when you see him leaving the locker room after having treatment on his ankle.

(Then secretly wish he was a redskin like I did when he played hurt--AH didn't--and won the game for his team with a great catch.)

Promise someone you'll take back every nasty thing you've ever said about LaRon Landry, CR, Mike Sellars, and A Carriker.

Realize that R Doughty is a poor man's Sean Taylor, but plays hard and is a proud guy.

Thank god in heaven that that dumb fat azz A Reid traded D McNabb away to us and not Minn or San Fran or Arizona.

And then, turn the game off, and forget about is as there are only 14 more weeks of football.

Your seat on The Redskin Fan Bus of Optimism just got warmer as you now know your hope is not misplaced.

And your desire for a great, bumpy ride is about to come true.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | September 20, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

Could you possibly be any more insistently stoooopid?

no poopy, i can't

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Yesterday's loss has come and gone.

The next 4 games:

Rams
Eagles
Packers
Colts

Analysis:

That'll make us 4-2 through the 1st six games (even 3-3 is okay).

And that ain't bad.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | September 20, 2010 10:30 PM

Rams, win

Eagles (hopefully Kolb is still the starter, would much rather face him than Vick), win

That would put us at 3-1 through our first 4. Not bad considering the competition. I agree that it would be great get at least a split of the home games against the Colts/Packers. I would say we probably have a little better shot against the Colts because there D is not quite as good (although they did crush the Ginas last night).

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 20, 2010 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skins91r | September 20, 2010 10:51 PM

I like Portis too. I like his blocking, his heart, and his effort. Problem is that he's lost his burst and balance.

He could have sealed the game but instead lost his balance once again on a stretch play and fell without contact. He's a shell of his former self, it actually hurts to watch.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 11:01 PM | Report abuse

Sorry but Portis IS washed up. Like Diesel said, he's always going to be a beast at picking up the blitz, blocking, etc.. but like you said, he seemingly had a TD on that drive that resulted in the blocked FG and for some reason, inexplicably.. FELL. He seems to go down so quickly, like he'll just fall forward everytime. I like Portis, but that's how I see it... we need to draft a RB next year.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 11:06 PM | Report abuse

@scampbell1975

Posted by: hessone | September 20, 2010 10:41 PM |

There's one big difference. Our little tiff lasted less than an hour. Your ridiculousness has lasted for weeks and is really boring. Who gives a sh!t who threw the first stone? These dudes dropped it a while ago and you keep bringing it back up. And no most of your posts are NOT football related. I counted ten non football related posts and only 1 football post on this thread alone. Get the clue man, choose your battles and ITA.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 11:14 PM | Report abuse

I say we can Mike Sellers and make Clinton Portis the fullback. That dude can BLOCk but doesn't seem like he can do much else these days. Sellers can't even block anymore.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 11:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 20, 2010 11:17 PM | Report abuse

Sorry but Portis IS washed up.

Posted by: rachel216 | September 20, 2010 11:06 PM

I disagree, but that debate is for another day. Checking out CP's splits from the 1st two games CP is averaging 4.3 ypa on runs to the right, 9 ypa on runs in the middle and 2.5 ypa on runs to the left. Could this be why Dock is in and out of games?

Posted by: TWISI | September 20, 2010 11:22 PM | Report abuse

TWISI- CP is averaging 3.1 yds per carry. The OL hasn't opened up a lot of running space but when he's had space he's shown terrible burst and balance.

And as a bonus question to CP being washed up: When was the last time CP made somebody miss, broke a tackle, or ran away from someone?

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 11:30 PM | Report abuse

Reggie Bush carted off the field in the 9ers-Saints game. Looks like a knee injury of some sort.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 20, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

I see this game differently than most, Portis is not washed up, there are only few holes from the line. Larry Johnson should be given another chance, he simply made a mistake trying too hard, if he had continue forward without trying a cut back, he would have made 3 yards. I truly appreciate the efforts of our boys, they are a very highly competitive group. This loss I blame on Shanahan for making Haynesworth inactive for the game, I have a feeling Haynesworth could have played if Shanahan allowed. Our defense is worthless without Haynesworth.
While this loss is nerve pinching painful, I look forward to better days from this team, this year. Yeah, by the way, I miss no 21 too.

Posted by: abxinc | September 20, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

Surprising amount of time left on the clock in this game... kudos to the Niners for playing so doggone well, though.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 20, 2010 11:51 PM | Report abuse

Nate- time on the clock with Brees. Bad Idea

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 20, 2010 11:53 PM | Report abuse

I'm with dealer and abxinc and whoever else thinks Haynesworth might have made a difference in yesterday's game, though I'm not as sure of it as you two seem to be.

I thought our D for the most part did their jobs yesterday against an offense I have no problem calling great. They were let down by the offense and the special teams. Yeah, I wish they'd held the Texans' O on any of those second half scoring drives, but that was a lot to ask.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 20, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse

Huh, how about that, Diesel. Enough time for Brees and his buddies to take care of business.

I don't root for the Niners, but I couldn't help thinking they were doomed with whatever was left, 1:19, after that terrific drive and two-pointer to tie. Same way I was nervous as hell yesterday even when we had a 27-10 lead in the second half. Yep, I was the guy at our PDX viewing party saying it wasn't enough, not against that Texan team with that much time left. And it wasn't. *sigh* Hated being right about that...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 21, 2010 12:07 AM | Report abuse

glad we finally have a real QB in Mcnabb he would of had over 500yards passing if we had a decent wr! that joke jason campbell getting benched in oak is funny! GLAD THAT CHUMP CRYBABY IS GONE! He is not even fit to hold a clipboard behind Mcnabb a real QB! campbell would have just been laying on his back that whole game yesterday! Hoping we learn from this loss and come back raising hell! this team will get better week by week as it continues to learn the systems!

Posted by: warriorking1112 | September 21, 2010 12:59 AM | Report abuse

warriorking, just as I didn't understand the bitterness and downright hatred people felt for Jason Campbell when he was our QB, I really don't see how people can take pleasure in his misfortune thus far in Oakland.

How can people muster up such anger and loathing for this guy that they take pleasure in his failure for another team? I don't get it. Just don't get it.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | September 21, 2010 1:12 AM | Report abuse

The final 2 minutes on Monday night had a big impact on the FF Peeps league.

If I got my numbers right, Hartley's FG was too short and my team lost by 1.

Gore's running helped Tampa get close to the South Hill Skulls, but he also had Pierre Thomas and his catches on the final drive tied that game.

Meanwhile, Omaha was tied with the Jackalopes, until Colston's catch gave Omaha the win.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 21, 2010 1:13 AM | Report abuse

Yeah I don't get the JC17/JC8 hatred either. Just because Gibbs overvalued him in the draft and he never met expectations doesn't give cause to root for his demise.

He is who I thought he was but I always hoped his talent would exceed his character. He is an all pro human being but a below average QB...not a bad hook to hang your hat on.

Posted by: Diesel44 | September 21, 2010 1:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX

the Raider game was blacked out here, but I looked at the drives and Campbell wasn't nearly as bad as its made out. The Raiders had a first down at the StL 15, then ran it 4 times, the last time on 4th and 1 ... and didn't get the 1st down. Not sure how that is Campbell's fault. The coaches called the plays and chose not to kick the FG.

Another drive started with 1st and 20 at their own 12, he moved them 50 yards, flipped the field, the punt put StL inside their 10.

Another drive he moved the team 50 yards and they missed the FG.

Campbell's INT came with 20 seconds left in the half when he took a deep shot. He'd moved them 25 yards, but they needed another 25 yards just to get to a spot for a 50 yard FG attempt -- an INT at that point doesn't cost them anything.

If Oakland had simply taken and made the FG opportunities they had, they lead 9-7 at the half.

There were only 5 possessions Campbell played for the Raiders -- the first 4 got inside the StL 40 -- the only other possession started at their own 18 with under 90 seconds to go -- and ended on the deep play INT with 20 seconds remaining.

Seems to me that if the coaches choose to kick the short FG and SeaBass makes his other attempt, Campbell wouldn't have seemed like such a problem.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 21, 2010 2:14 AM | Report abuse

Was he being 'lazy' on the long catch and run where he almost scored?

Just askin'....

Posted by: gimmesummoe | September 20, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse

No, he made a a great play, and his long run was aided by a great down field block from CP.

Nothing Cooley couldn't have done.

All I'm saying is we have put up with slacker tard ball for way too long. Slacker tard ball, in the case of one Fred Davis failing to attempt to block his man, cost us the game. He dint get run over. He didn't slip on the turf. He didn't get faked out of his jock. No, he simply let the guy go. All he had to do was make an effort, and I would never have brought it up in the first place.

That's my story, and it ain't changing.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 21, 2010 2:41 AM | Report abuse

I think its mostly bc he was a high draft pick that Saint joe wasted! for me It was i was hoping for Aaron Rodgers to slip and us to trade up for him he didnt and we traded up campbell! hell we could have drafted Logan Mankins instead of campbell or took Vincent Jackson very high lol! Also for me it was Joe Gibbs wasted his last seasons with Campbell when jc got hurt we made a Playoff push! Hatred for jc is bc he was a disappointment and helped with the embarrassment of our Beloved Redskins! i think JC would be a better Pastor of a Chuch than a QB but thats all the past so oh well, and thats why Shanny and Allen and Gibbs get paid the big bucks to make the important decisions bc they know what they are doing ! IMO i think we can be very very good this season just have to keep gelling and i hope we can make a trade for a Good WR somebody that can be a game changer for us i duno if Vjax could do that i think he is overrated and Rivers made him! We should be getting our young wr's some playing time see if they can produce for us Thomas(he needs a chance to prove his worth)Banks(kid is scary fast and needs touches to get past his fumble issues get him involved early in a game), Armstrong(i think he has the best shot out of the young wideouts to make big plays), williams(i would rather have Austin on the team and him on PS)! just what i think but eh i am not a coach or a gm lol i hope Mcnabb rip up the Fagles and teaches them a lesson and shows them the reason why they will never win a Super Bowl!! I hope the team learns from this loss and takes out some anger on the Rams and fagles!! Orakpo is our Weapon X hope he snaps Bradfords neck and knocks off cornball Kolb's head off! our "D" will blend more and more with the 3-4 system and start to dominate once Moore returns! i think Carriker snd Orakpo are gonna standout and dominate this season!! HTTR!!!

Posted by: warriorking1112 | September 21, 2010 2:52 AM | Report abuse

I agree that this team shows so much promise; they are attempting to shed the lame azz ways of the past. That is what i personally find so infuriating about my personal windmill from Sunday's tilt.

That, and that in my world, lack of effort is just... not even fathomable.

HAIL!! and lets kick some Ram azz. We should NOT overlook this team. They have nothing to lose, and Bradford is better than most rookies. And more than a few entrenched starters.

Somehow I doubt we see a Cooley brothers production of the great ram hunt this week. That ish was funny though... until we lost at home the following Sunday on the infamous Kendall play.

At least HE was trying... Ha.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 21, 2010 2:55 AM | Report abuse

THIS DIVISION IS OURS FOR THE TAKING!! The Skin's will get on the right track and raise some HELL! It's gonna be an Exciting season compared to the last 2 years! Shanny will have them fix those mistakes, learn and become great as the season progresses THAT IS THE SHANAHAN ELEMENT lol! By the end of this season and next season Our OFFENSE will look sort of like the Texans "O" and Our DEFENSE will look like a mix between the steelers and ravens!! HTTR! F dallas cowgirls, F the philly fagles, F the NJ/ny G (AY)-MEN!! lol!!! EAST FINISHES like this- REDSKINS- 11-5 or 12-4, NY- 8-8, cowgirls- 7-9 or 6-10, Philadelphia fagles- 6-10 or 5-11!!! REDSKINS SHALL DOMINATE AND DESTROY THE EAST THIS YEAR!! NFC BEAST IS NO MORE!! i've got high hopes but i think this team will gel and be very good down the stretch! HTTR! Lets forget the slight ups and the great lows of the last 19 years! Its a new beginning!! THE SHANAHAN ERA IS GONNA BE LEGENDARY! ITS JUST THE BEGINNING! I hope Kyle takes over as HC in 5 years who knows maybe father and son will lead us to some Super Bowl Championships!

Posted by: warriorking1112 | September 21, 2010 3:27 AM | Report abuse

Warrior, do yourself (and mostly us) a favor and put some breaks in your text.

Thanks.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 21, 2010 4:09 AM | Report abuse

oh yea sorry didnt even think about it til going thru thanks

Posted by: warriorking1112 | September 21, 2010 4:15 AM | Report abuse

On NFL network tonight, when talking about Andre Johnson's ankle injury they showed him torching Hall. Hall looked like Mini-me.

I still say fine him and bench him for first series, at least.

Posted by: TheCork | September 20, 2010 7:53 PM

You're a clown...fine him and bench him for what? For taking ownership of his role as the top CB on the team? For trying to be a leader? For expressing frustration after a loss? Get off your soapbox and show me where in Hall's comments he warrants some type of discipline...

If you don't like the guy, say so. He's a blowhard who rubs people the wrong way. He's had some issues in the past with his behavior but we haven't seen any of that since he put on burgundy and gold. Kill that bias you have for the guy and view this thing objectively...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 21, 2010 5:27 AM | Report abuse

My point?: the freakin' game is over.

We played one of the best teams in the league and took them to the brink.

I'm proud and glad of the redskins in every way.

It was a game where some gave all, and all gave some.

Let's not be petty and pin the loss on one guy when 53 players make a team.

Let's move on.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | September 20, 2010 10:38 PM

A-friggin'-men. 100% agree.

What's done is done. We missed a great opportunity to go 2-0 and get up a game on everyone else in the division. But we didn't. And now we've got the Rams on deck. Let's focus on handling business Sunday instead of bemoaning things we can't change.

Even with the loss, we're light years ahead of where we were at this time last year. Let's feel good about that instead of holding on to some pretentious idea that we should be finished product right off the bat. We have a new offense and a new defense...the offense struggled Week 1 against a good defense. The defense struggled against an elite offense Week 2. Hardly cause to sprint for the panic button.

We should get the Rams and get 'em good on Sunday. That should be the focus now.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 21, 2010 5:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 21, 2010 5:27 AM

I agree. Shanahan seemed to handle it fine -- we want all our players to have that attitude. Punish that and you have no spirit left on the team.

This defense has really made a difference for Hall and for Landry (and Carter and Haynesworth in the other direction). London Fletcher may even be better, too. They still need some guys, though.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 21, 2010 5:59 AM | Report abuse

beep, agreed on the defense...Landry looks like a totally different guy (or at least the same guy under more control of where he's lunging himself) and Hall looks like the guy who made Pro-Bowls in Atlanta. Fletch would probably look good in any defense, but I'm happy to see them blitzing him and letting him rack up some sacks. If Carter is smart, he'll waive that idiotic no-trade clause so he can get back to a situation where he can rush the passer with his hand in the dirt...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 21, 2010 6:38 AM | Report abuse