Redskins-Packers injury report: Trent Williams questionable, but expected to play

The Redskins have listed six players as questionable for Sunday's game against the Packers: defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, safety Chris Horton (ankle), safety LaRon Landry (wrist), guard Kory Lichtensteiger (knee), quarterback Donovan McNabb (thigh) and tackle Trent Williams (toe).

Shanahan said earlier Friday that he expected to Williams to play, though he wasn't as certain about Haynesworth.

Green Bay, meanwhile, has ruled out four players for Sunday's game: linebackers Nick Barnett (wrist) and Brandon Chillar (shoulder), fullback Quinn Johnson (glute) and cornerback Sam Shields. Starting right tackle Mark Tauscher (shoulder) is listed as doubtful. Rookie Bryan Bulaga will likely get his first career start if Tauscher isn't able to play.

No Packers were listed as questionable and their four injured defensive backs were all probable: safeties Nick Collins (knee), Derrick Martin (ankle) and Charlie Peprah (quadricep) and cornerback Charles Woodson (toe).

By Rick Maese  | October 8, 2010; 5:07 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Box Seats: Redskins-Packers previews
Next: Redskins release WR Devin Thomas

Comments

I like the possibility of Andre Carter going against a rookie in his first start. Bulaga was considered one of the better OT's in the draft, but I still think that is a matchup that favors the Skins.

Posted by: frediefritz | October 8, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Skins 27
Pack 24

Packers are completely overrated and decimated by injuries.

Aside from Rodgers, a really good WR corps, and a TE they have nothing. One dimensonal: Look for a cover 2 from the Skins to prevent the big play and Rodgers to get hit early and often playing behind a terrible OL and a suspect running game.

Their D has C Wood (HOF but hobbled), Cullen Jenkins, BJ Raji, & Clay Matthews. AJ Hawk hasn't lived up to his draft status and their D has also suffered multiple key injuries.

It's never easy for the Skins but they survive and Gano kicks the game winner as time expires.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 5:46 PM | Report abuse

I think Hunter the Punter throws a TD to make the winning score 24-20.

Posted by: frediefritz | October 8, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

I think Hunter the Punter throws a TD to make the winning score 24-20.

Posted by: frediefritz | October 8, 2010 5:50 PM

I'll take a win no matter how it happens. HOWEVER, we now have adults in the FO and on the coaching staff and if Hunter is using anything besides his hands on XP/FGs and his foot then I'll start whining and crying about DTs playing time.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Hey Beantown Greg,
I'm thinking about going to the movies tonight. Is there anything you haven't seen that you could recommend?

Posted by: mack1 | October 8, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse

...sounds like crickets in here...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse

The Skins picked up some smash-mouth cred in the Eagles game. Separated Vick's cart and he is out. Conked Sam and Coop and they are out. Coy is game-time even though they broke the dude's rib. Give him some tough-guy cred.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

Caps...

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

Hey Beantown Greg,

Posted by: mack1 | October 8, 2010 6:01 PM |

If you feel you need to know more about how the finance dudes forked over the nation's economy "Inside Job" would be a good choice.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Packers 32
Redskins 21

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 8, 2010 12:45 PM |

MistaMoe = scum sucking d-bag

Skins 27
Pack 24

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 5:46 PM |

Diesel44 = mos def

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 7:35 PM | Report abuse

...now it smells bad in here too...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 7:36 PM | Report abuse

FartezDudmore>PoopyMcPoop

but the worst is a shart....It's the worst of both worlds.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse

FartezDudmore>PoopyMcPoop

but the worst is a shart....It's the worst of both worlds.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 7:40 PM

That's actually a great name for that Fartez idiot...Shart. He's about as cool as a shart. Smells like one too.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 7:43 PM | Report abuse

...now it smells bad in here too...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 7:36 PM |

Dude - you have to expect that when you got your head shoved up your ass. Anal vapors will do that to your oldfactory nerves.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

...now it smells bad in here too...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 7:36 PM |

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 7:44 PM |

Oh I'm sure it had more to do with the a hole that showed up on the blog. The one I call Shart. ShartezDudmore.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 7:46 PM | Report abuse

I can't think of a scenario for this game where we do not play a lot of nickel, and use a lot of creative blitz packages. If we use four down lineman, we get our best pass-rushing personnel on defense into their most effective positions; our 3-4 seems to lack the ability to get pressure without sacrificing coverage...especially against a good QB like Rodgers. That alone may get us enough pressure to at least not have to endure a Aaron Rodgers field-day where he passes for 350-400 yards. But most likely we are going to have to get pressure with blitzes from all over the field in order to harass the QB and hinder the spread offense, which we have struggled against (ie the St Louis game).

I see landry getting 10 or so plays for blitz packages that include his number. We also are probably going to see quite a few zone blitzes and stunts, which attempt to get Rodgers out of the pocket so Rak and Carter can race Rodgers to the sidelines. Our line and linebackers are going to have to come up big to stop the run well enough to force 3rd and long, because the db's are going to have their hands full. Haynesworth will have to get pressure up the middle and force runs to the other side of the line. Whether we get a lot sacks or not, we had better keep Rodgers running and the GB oline holding.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | October 8, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Oldfactory nerves huh? LOL

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

Hey Beantown Greg,

Posted by: mack1 | October 8, 2010 6:01 PM

Good one, mack. LMAO. Maybe there's a few movies he knows nothing about that he could warn you not to see.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | October 8, 2010 7:47 PM

Carter is slow as dirt in space. Rodgers would turn the corner on him.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Thrashers goalie collapsed on the ice. Hopefully he's ok..

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | October 8, 2010 7:47 PM

Carter is slow as dirt in space. Rodgers would turn the corner on him.

Posted by: scampbell1975

Carter is fast enough to chase the QB to the sideline, he lacks the ability change direction quickly and the instincts to pursue as a OLB in the open field; he's more like a race horse than a quarter horse.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | October 8, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Sources: Two More Women Who Worked With Jets Received Lewd Texts From Favre

This is about to get worse. It appears Jenn Sterger wasn't the only woman who received unwanted and inappropriate text messages from Brett Favre while he played for the Jets. Favre also pursued two team massage therapists, according to one of the women.

The woman (who wishes to remain anonymous for now — we'll call her "Mandy") worked as a massage therapist for the team for a couple years, but she says never had an incident with a player until No. 4 showed up at training camp at Hofstra University, where the Jets still worked out in 2008. "He was on the table next to mine," she tells me. "He was looking at my ass the whole time while I worked on another player. He was ... ogling me."

The woman who was massaging Brett that day (massage therapist No. 2, or "Lindsay") exchanged numbers with him. (Mandy claims it's common for players to take the numbers of team-contracted massage therapists should they need additional rubdowns off campus. Yeah, I know. Please don't.)

Lindsay received a text message from Favre, according to Mandy. Lindsay assumed it was for a massage but quickly realized Brett was asking for more. He invited both Lindsay and Mandy back to his hotel room. Mandy claims that the texts became increasingly inappropriate ("just nasty stuff"), but she adds that Brett did apologize when he found out she was married.

This apology over text, however, wasn't enough for Mandy's husband. We'll call him "John".

"I called him on his phone and told him I wanted an apology. He acted all arrogant. He refused to apologize," John tells me in a phone conversation.

Mandy and John say they approached attorneys about the situation but were told that because Mandy was a private contractor, there were no grounds for a harassment case. They didn't pursue anything.

But, after reading the story in the New York Post this morning, they decided to come forward with their story. Mandy's husband John reached out both to Deadspin and the Post. They don't want to reveal their names just yet, John says, and they "don't want photographers on their front lawn." But they said they're still considering going public with it. First, they want to talk to the NFL and the Jets. They gave me permission to pass along their info to the team, which I did. If someone from the NFL wants to reach out to them, they'll talk to someone there, too.

Also? Mandy says she and Lindsay still have some of the text messages. Hooray.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Todd Collins will start for the Bears against Carolina.

Posted by: Samson151 | October 8, 2010 8:22 PM | Report abuse

I just farted on Fartez.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 8, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | October 8, 2010 8:01 PM |

He is only fast enough to chase him there. Rodgers would turn the corner and move up field on him.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

I just farted on Fartez.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 8, 2010 8:24 PM

Fartez had to go change himself after he turned himseldf from Fartez to Shartez. I think that I would rather shart myself than have to listen to his pathetic drivel.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 8:53 PM

Are these the only two options?

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 8:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 8:53 PM

Are these the only two options?

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 8:58 PM

I'm sure we could come up with 1000 more.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

I just farted on Fartez.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 8, 2010 8:24 PM |

I just wish I could come up with clever retorts like you and ass hat.

Bank to ass hat: dude, where's our mortgage payment?

ass hat: no can do. I'm a little shart this month.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 8:17 PM |

Dude - this is like a fart in a hurricane compared with the Tiger Woods shebanger.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

red

"You were showered with condolences and sympathetic remarks and how you and your family were kept in regard for the time being."

You're putting words and ideas into a situation that are not there.

I never posted that I didn't care that Albert Haynesworth's brother is dead.

But I do say it's ironic that for months he shunned the same team mates who now extend him condolences.

That the same coach he dismissed is now in a position where he must extend respect and condolences and allow him to miss a game in order to take care of a delicate personal matter.

That is all karma of the highest order, in my mind.

My point is that the whole situation might spin Albert Haynesworth around and make him a better player and person--something other bloggers have duly noted.

I am not so heartless that I can neither commiserate or condole.

But I am heartless enough to point out that AH's situation is instructive to anyone who thinks his relationships/obligations don't matter.

Until they do.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | October 8, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

I just wish I could come up with clever retorts like you and ass hat.

Bank to ass hat: dude, where's our mortgage payment?

ass hat: no can do. I'm a little shart this month.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 9:13 PM |

Yea, cuz ass hat is so funny and original.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Todd Collins will start for the Bears against Carolina.

Posted by: Samson151 | October 8, 2010 8:22 PM |

Like I posted yesterday when this were actually news, let's hope to God they have EMS on standby when the game starts.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

monkey

"Carter is fast enough to chase the QB to the sideline,.."

Indeed.

And I like how in the face of personnel issues and performance that is wanting, Jim Haslett has tinkered with his scheme to play what suits the people he has best.

Greg Blache, by contrast, lined up the same 11 guys in the same defensive sets, and balked at the idea of change--at least as it was offered by Jason Taylor and Albert Haynesworth.

I believe our defense will be better late in the season than it is now because of this.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | October 8, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

All right, I gotta go. Shartez is stinking the place up and I can't stand his type of stench.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Yea, cuz ass hat is so funny and original.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2010 9:22 PM |

Well, you did vaguely complain about odors, so ...

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 9:19 PM

This is merely the beginning of an upset stomach that may conclude with an asspolsion. Call it the "meat sweats".

I wonder how many chicks are going to come forward from Farve's 20 yr career. Although this isn't the first time, it seems he's gotten extremely creepy and lacks the game of some dude named Eldrick.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

fartez

"MistaMoe = scum sucking d-bag"

Thanks for the insult.

And I'd offer some junior high level response but you know, when the back of my azz itches, I never scratch it knowing the annoyance will go away.

And likewise, you will too.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | October 8, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 9:31 PM |

You think? I got a chuckle out of what happened when Eldy's mistress count reached the 6 mark and his then mother-in-law went from having a tummy ache to having the dry heaves and had to be temporarily hospitalized.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Lets just get this over, Cut Roydell Willams, not a STP, and not much of a contributer, DT is STP and has trade value, I am sure he could have at least 1 catch too ! Simple trim the fat like we did with LJ. Can I get a BINGO, And beside do you really think anyone is going to pick up Roy, he will there if we need him later .

Posted by: ThrowItToMyTeam | October 8, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ThrowItToMyTeam | October 8, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gimmesummoe | October 8, 2010 9:35 PM |

Dude - you gotta expect that your dad will be attacked when he forecasts a Skins lopsided defeat and Vegas is only giving 2.5.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 9:44 PM | Report abuse

throw it

"Let's just get this over, Cut Roydell Willams, not a STP, and not much of a contributer, DT is STP and has trade value,.."

Agreed.

But I'd say we should all follow the pattern.

1st, the veteren is given ample time to produce.

(Maybe the thinking from the coaches is that the older guy can at least set a precedant or 'show the way' for the kid backing him up.)

Then, when he shows he truly can not, the younger player is slowly inserted into his spot.

That's happened with Dockery, Hicks, Johnson, and Carter.

And I have a sense that sometime around mid season, we'll see DT on the field in some capacity.

And RWilliams on the unemployment line.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | October 8, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Brandon's brother Chin is still hanging out in Richard Gere's butt.

Posted by: FartezDudmore | October 8, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Caps are on pace to go 0-82.

Which reminds me. You football illiterates that want to power rank the NFL after 4 games, hope for moral victories, crown the Cowboys/Texans/Eagles/Packers, and predict the Skins get blown out each week.

It's a week by week league and parity is what rules in the NFL.

Tale of the tape..
QB adv Push (stats are for pu s s ies)
RB adv Skins (Brandon Jackson is a bust)
TE adv Skins ( 2 vs 1 here)
WR adv Pack (Huge adv)
OL adv Skins (injuries and age vs TW coming back)

DL adv Pack (AH might be out)
LB adv Skins (Barnett out, AJ hasn't lived up to draft status)
DB adv Skins (Wood hobbled, both safeties out)

Teams
K adv Skins
P adv Push
KR/PR Adv Skins

Coaching
Adv Skins

Skins 27
Pack 24

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

WR adv Pack (Huge adv)

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 10:39 PM |

You haven't been following the convo up here this week, have you? Shanahan's gonna play his secret weapon Sunday. DT11. Huge advantage, Skins.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 8, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

beep- who is this DT fellow you speak of...I checked the game log of all 4 games and he hasn't played WR.

Perhaps MS is sandbagging and has let the Texans and Rams game slip by so he can unleash the guy that has been invisible on the field since...Well since Vinny drafted him.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 11:03 PM | Report abuse

It's a week by week league and parity is what rules in the NFL.

Tale of the tape..
QB adv Push (stats are for pu s s ies)
RB adv Skins (Brandon Jackson is a bust)
TE adv Skins ( 2 vs 1 here)
WR adv Pack (Huge adv)
OL adv Skins (injuries and age vs TW coming back)

DL adv Pack (AH might be out)
LB adv Skins (Barnett out, AJ hasn't lived up to draft status)
DB adv Skins (Wood hobbled, both safeties out)

Teams
K adv Skins
P adv Push
KR/PR Adv Skins

Coaching
Adv Skins

Skins 27
Pack 24

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

CO-SIGN! and a high five and/or fist bump

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 8, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

27-20 Skins.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | October 8, 2010 11:25 PM | Report abuse

My new brother-in-law gave me a bottle of Crown Royal Black label as a gift.

I have to say it is delicious!

Posted by: iH8dallas | October 8, 2010 11:27 PM | Report abuse

iH8-

No way you can H8 him for such a thoughtful gift.

I gave my bro-in-law a Johnnie Walker Blue as a gift and he didn't appreciate it so I drank it for him.

I was quite pleased with my gift.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse

Shew! Someone must have opened the window in here and let that stench out. I was beginning to think Shartez had saturated the blog.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 9, 2010 12:08 AM | Report abuse

iH8-

No way you can H8 him for such a thoughtful gift.

I was quite pleased with my gift.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 12:02 AM |

How could someone not appreciate Johnny Walker Blue? They must be a heathen.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 9, 2010 12:15 AM | Report abuse

I'm not sure he knew what exactly what I had given him. He was actually older than me but thinks of himself as a body builder. Knowing my way around the gym I probably should have given him some MuscleMilk or some Myoplex.

What he has yet to realize is that since his life is over (now that he is married), he might as well enjoy it.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 12:24 AM | Report abuse

I'm guessing they move Orakpo to the rookie's side at some point in the game just like they did in the Dallas game when they figured out that the right tackle was a piece of...you know.

Posted by: mhaslup | October 9, 2010 12:49 AM | Report abuse

***Baseball post

Entertaining playoffs so far. Amazing pitching, lots of batters getting pegged. Never thought I'd say it, but I actually could care less.

***End baseball post

Posted by: SMACK1 | October 9, 2010 1:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | October 9, 2010 2:16 AM | Report abuse

***Baseball post

***End baseball post

Posted by: SMACK1 | October 9, 2010 1:03 AM

Oh, you could care less? I don't believe it. This sounds like more smack talk from a smack-talking Cowboy fan.

I'd like to see you back this up. You claim you "could care less." I bet you couldn't. Prove it. Care less. Show us your stuff, Mr. SMACK1.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 6:58 AM | Report abuse

hello, anyone home ?

Posted by: hessone | October 9, 2010 7:34 AM | Report abuse

It all depends on who shows up to play. The Redskins have been baffling this year, sometimes giving us real hope, and then...no.

Posted by: bostskin | October 9, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

beep-beep- check out the Duke student's thesis. Her title: FQck List.

It's at the top

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

It's a week by week league and parity is what rules in the NFL.

Tale of the tape..
QB adv Push (stats are for pu s s ies)

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 8, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

C'mon Diez. It's advantage Pack and it doesn't have to do with just stats.

Arm-strength - push
Accuracy - Rodgers
Decision-making - push
Makes plays with feet - push
Chemistry w/ teammates - Rodgers
Command of the offense - Rodgers
Leadership - push

Rodgers has much better command of his offense having been in it for 3 years and knowing what his teammates excel at within that offense. McNabb is still learning. Plus, you never know if Dirtball McNabb is going to show up for a couple of drives.

If you are looking at overall career accomplishments, then certainly McNabb has the edge.

If you are looking at Skins v. Pack this Sunday, Rodgers has the edge.

Posted by: p1funk | October 9, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

beep-beep- check out the Duke student's thesis. Her title: FQck List.

It's at the top

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 10:12 AM

I'd already received. Fortunately, I was Subject #3. She couldn't walk the next day.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Haslett is going to unchain the dogs on Green Bay and dare Rodgers to come up with an answer for it. I would just stack up blitzers on the rookie tackle's side, blitz through the hole left by the tight end (he's a pass catcher, not a blocker, so you know that's a free path to the QB).

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 9, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Adam_Schefter

Redskins cut WR Devin Thomas.

Hoped we could make a trade but guess not.

Posted by: will_ga | October 9, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Watch DT11 get picked up by the Giants or Eagles. Oh well, hopefully, he can't remember/doesn't know much about the offense when they quiz him. Seems likely...

Posted by: will_ga | October 9, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

will_ga

"Redskins cut WR Devin Thomas. Hoped we could make a trade but guess not."

Wow! (if this is true)

They cut the guy without even putting him in a game to measure if he could somehow fit-in or have a role.

Talk about cut throat personnel management.

I guess TAustin gets promoted now and BBanks handles all the kick return duties.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

"Redskins cut WR Devin Thomas. Hoped we could make a trade but guess not."

what took so long ? DT11 will never make it in the NFL. 2008 draft class has yet to make an impact across the board. thanks Cerrato and $nyder.

Posted by: hessone | October 9, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

I think that interview he did with Lavar and Dukes got him cut. Crazy.

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | October 9, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

frediefritz

"I think Hunter the Punter throws a TD to make the winning score 24-20."

You're suggesting a little special teams trickeration?

I agree.

Especially in the 3rd quarter at mid field where a fake punt might extent a drive or fake field goal attempt might result in a score/first down.

Too, you have to hope Banks has a couple of stellar returns to shorten the field.

But above all, we must run, run, run at the packers and throw the ball to our tight end or wide receiver crossing in the middle of the field.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

It's too bad DT never put it together. He had 2+ yrs to show something and besides 1 game against a the Saints 3rd team DBs, he didn't.

I don't revel in being right about him being cut, it's just too bad his physical gifts didn't translate to the field.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

NFL investigating allegations about Brett Favre

DT11 gets released and this is what the WaPo has to offer. unreal

Posted by: hessone | October 9, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Do you guys think the DT move is a Shanahan cut Sat. Re-sign Tues. move?

He's become quite fond of this strategy. It's pretty smart since it reduces the likelihood anyone would sign him so close to gameday.

Or are we just cutting bait on yet another Vinny C. masterpiece?

Discuss.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 9, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

We all saw glimpses of what DT could do last year. He had some nice games for us. We'll never know why Shanny hated him so much to not even give him a chance.

That draft class is the biggest failure ever. Thanks again Vinny! Who's left.. oh Malcolm Kelly who will never see the field.

Posted by: rachel216 | October 9, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

hessone

"DT11 will never make it in the NFL."

Maybe, maybe not.

But I bet he spends some time bouncing around from camp to camp before that verdict is reached.

Too, you know like I do, some team will look at at a 6' 2" receiver with 4.3 speed, design a simple package of plays for him to digest, and give him a shot during a game or two.

After all, that was the most Shanny could've done before kicking Thomas to the curb.

But for now, Fred Davis is the next Class of '08 member on the clock....

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Keiland will take DT's roster spot.

Best of luck to you DT! Not against us though.

Posted by: rachel216 | October 9, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

But for now, Fred Davis is the next Class of '08 member on the clock....

agree moe, Fd has yet to prove himself, and I'll say this year so we don't have all the bleeding hearts posting last years stats.

SHOW ME SOMETHING THIS YEAR !

Posted by: hessone | October 9, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

We all saw glimpses of what DT could do last year.

Posted by: rachel216 | October 9, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

yes, we did. We saw glimpses that he was not even close to ready to play in this league.

He had 1 good game against a depleted NO team. how long are we going to hang our hats on that 1 game? Which really was 2 good plays if I remember correctly.

Shanahan does not hate the kid, he just does not believe he can contribute on this team.

Can we all just move on now?

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | October 9, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Watch the packers pick up DT tonight and come up with a whole new game plan.

Posted by: coolcraig | October 9, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

But for now, Fred Davis is the next Class of '08 member on the clock....

SHOW ME SOMETHING THIS YEAR !

Posted by: hessone | October 9, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

But if him scoring 6 TDs last season in games that counted wasn't enough to get him on the field some this year, how can he show anybody anything from the bench.

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | October 9, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Keep Williams on the bench. I don't need to see the Skins' Left-Tackle-of-the-Future needing knee surgery in his rookie season so the Skins can go 7-9 instead of 6-10.

Posted by: jboogie1 | October 9, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse