Redskins prepare to face Finley

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers credits tight end Jermichael Finley with much of the team's success on offense early this season.

The Redskins are well aware of what Finley has done, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said.

"He is a big man that can run," Haslett said. "He makes great catches. He is violent in the backend, meaning he takes the ball out of the air with authority.

"He does a great job and [Packers Coach] Mike [McCarthy] does a nice job moving him around and getting him mismatches. That's another thing you have to account for all the time. He is probably one of the better ones in the league if not the best."

By Jason Reid  | October 9, 2010; 8:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A closer look at Devin Thomas's release from the Redskins
Next: Torain growing more confident

Comments

"All you guys villifying Devin Thomas... raise your hands if you have never dozed or snooze on the job."

I sleep on the job daily.

Did I tell you I work in a mattress factory?

(INSERT rimshot audio and bad pun groan)

My fat brother, the one who works on a gravy train, would quit his job but then wouldn't have anything to eat.

His wife smells so bad that skunks spray Fabreeze when when she walks by.

The only difference between the smell between her legs and a sub sandwich is lettuce and that too much meat has been packed between her buns.

His dumb daughter fails at oral sex because she talks about hoof and mouth disease while performing it.

She's so dumb she thinks incest is what you burn to cover the smell coming from between her mother's legs.

(INSERT rimshot audio and bad joke and pun groans as Rodney "Moe" Dangerfield yanks his pink NFL Breast Cancer Awareness tie and complains about the lack of respect he receives in this blog.)

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 8:11 PM | Report abuse

Redskins prepare to face Finley

Redskins fans will see Jermichael Finley and openly ask why their team isn't using Fred Davis in a similar, big WR situation.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

DT was a talented athlete that could bang 5 plus chicks a night...

Posted by: skinswillwin | October 9, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinswillwin | October 9, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

What people fail to mention about Finley is he is sub-par blocker and if teams line up blitzers to come through his spot, they need not expect Finley to slow them down. The Redskins should make it look like Orakpo is lining up to cover him but then blitz from that spot, leaving the safety to pick him up.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | October 9, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

"What people fail to mention about Finley is he is sub-par blocker.."

What I like about him is that the packers realize he's a sub par blocker, and use him to hurt teams that load up on Driver/Jennings.

They don't seem to mind the hits taken by ARodgers from a spread set as an offense with 3 nice weapons is preferred.

If the packers go any kind of solid run game to go with the passing game they have, they'd be taken seriously.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 8:43 PM | Report abuse

The Seminoles are much improved.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

The Seminoles are much improved.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Watchin LSU vs Florida and LSU head coach is Zorn. But, with mass talent.

Posted by: skinswillwin | October 9, 2010 8:59 PM | Report abuse

F Duke and

beep-beep (new post)

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 8:53 PM

This is a bitter man who got left out of the little Duke hottie's journal. Maybe next time Diesel.

--Subject #3

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Ain't no teams in Heaven, I play for the Tao..What you like about Frank Beamer is that purulent gouter on his neck that says, " Yeah, I might have F***ed TCU and the NCAA for the refs screwing my team outta that win on national tv by losing to sorry-a** James Madison, and WTF are you gonna DO about it??"

Posted by: frak | October 9, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

--Subject #3

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 9:05 PM

Haven't seen a picture of "her" yet..

I have it on good authority that this was the thesis of Steve Wojciechowski.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Haven't seen a picture of "her" yet..

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 9:21 PM |

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

frak

"Peaceout to Albert's brother, sh*t happens on a small planet, he's in a better place than this one...."

Amen, reverend frak, amen.

And again, the karma of it all might make Prince Al change a lot of his foul ways.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

I mean, thats what they tell me, they're in a lot better place than this one...Could be an Orioles fan in Patterson Park short of dope money..

Posted by: frak | October 9, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

I thought the Minnesota Twins were a professional baseball team.

They certainly don't look like one.

I thought the trade for Randy Moss would've helped.

Ooooooppppsss???: wrong sport!

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

beep- My bad I meant Bobby Hurley...because you know Hurley is a Gurley..

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

S Moss
J Galloway
R Williams
A Armstrong
B Banks

Analysis:

This year's group is better, just older than last year's group.

Moss reminds the only constant--and his contract is up at the end of the season.

R Williams is like a third leg--unnecessary, slow, and hardly productive.

At least that's what the Duke chicks' powerpoint said about him.

Whither VJAX??????: we'll see in the off season.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse

this guy wasnt given a chance to get on the field this year.the adolph shanahans had better start winning soon.i just dont see joey g.and roynell,or the SNITCH!,being better than thomas.its time to stop this macho bullshi-!all of these coaches are in d.c.for one thing and one thing only-suckah dannys doe!i still say that these coaches were fired(allen included)for making these same type of bone-headed moves.they do not know talent-period!if i'm wrong,i'll be the first to admit it

Posted by: billydee123 | October 9, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Well this read, shows IQ can be very low...

Posted by: skinswillwin | October 9, 2010 9:57 PM | Report abuse

R Williams is like a third leg--unnecessary, slow, and hardly productive.

At least that's what the Duke chicks' powerpoint said about him.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 9:48 PM

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

beep-beep

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 9:59 PM

So I posted a bad joke.

It's not like the first time.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 10:03 PM | Report abuse

The funeral for Haynesworth step brother is Tuesday not Sunday. Sunday is a memorial motorcycle ride. So I agree with the peeps who say Haynesworth should play on Sunday. He could dedicate the game to his family and his brother and come out breathing fire and then go to the service on Tuesday and not miss a wink. He doesn't need to miss the game to ride in the parade. Sorry.
But who really expected Haynesworth to give a bleep about the Redskins. Any chance he'll get he'll split. Sorry.

Posted by: skins_fan_22 | October 9, 2010 10:06 PM | Report abuse

So I posted a bad joke.

It's not like the first time.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 10:03 PM

When was the other time? I remember one on April 3. Was there another?

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skins_fan_22 | October 9, 2010 10:06 PM

The Sunday motorcycle ride is followed by a memorial service. This is a principal time of grieving. You are a sorry ass Cowboy fan if you think a man should miss his own brother's memorial ceremony to play in some stupid football game. There are 16 football games a year and there is only one period of grieving for you dead brother. Go back and post your hate on the Dallas blog.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skins_fan_22 | October 9, 2010 10:06 PM | Report abuse

Like AH cares what you think, jeez..

Posted by: skinswillwin | October 9, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

"Duke chick would have said about his third leg how long it was, how wide, how hard, how long it was hard, and how well it was used to satisfy her needs."

What loose women don't understand is that no one is interested in trying to 'please' them.

Smart guys keep it oral, fast, and cheap when dealing with low class, trifling women, so any insults they throw back at you are comical at best.

All I remember from dealing with them is related to dental work and the tops of their 'head.'

The only woman worth a major effort is the one who makes you want, wait, and work to get her into the bedroom.

The Duke chicks are dumb broads in a good school, and, unless they got paid, should shut, graduate, and become somebody's quiet little wife.

And that's real talk.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

I actually think that AH should play too. So to memorialize his half-bro's passing he's going to hop on a motorcycle and take a ride with others in tribute. Even though he died tragically while going in excess of 100 MPH on a motorcycle. The funeral is Tuesday, honor you step bro by playing your ass off on Sunday while being there for your 2nd family, the Redskins. You think his family & friends wouldn't understand, have an escape, or remember how Albert is able to pay for EVERYTHING.

I'm not claiming to know anything about his relationship with his half bro or his immediate or intermediate family but we know that his relationship with his teammates is lacking.

Death sucks but he could/would play if he wanted..

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 10:26 PM | Report abuse

Don't be P u ssies. Give it to me if you feel I'm wrong.

Albert needs a release and we need him. I would never go No_Punt on everybody. Just giving Point/Counterpoint side of the deal.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

Death sucks but he could/would play if he wanted..

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 10:26 PM

You don't know what he could/would do because you've never walked in his shoes. A man should be allowed the right to grieve as he wishes when his brother passes and clowns who post on an internet blog that they know better than he does are just full of themselves.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

diesel44

I actually think that AH should play too.

I think it's ironic that all spring and summer, Albert whined that he didn't have to do anything that's not in his contract.

But I bet now, he feels the need to have the Shanahans extend the courtesy of bereavement leave, even though, contractually, the team could demand him to appear Sunday ready to play.

Dude must feel he has to have it both ways, I guess.

And that sense of entitlement is what corrupts his personality and tenure as a professional athlete.

Let him attend to his family: that is what's important.

But if I'm Mike Shanahan, I'll remind him of this issue the next offseason when OTAs come up.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 10:35 PM | Report abuse

Redskins prepare to face Finley

Posted by: MistaMoe

I dunno, maybe because he's not as good as Finley?

Posted by: TheCork | October 9, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse

beep-beep-

There is no manual as to how to grieve and AH has a free pass to grieve how he chooses.

I'm just not sure that AH has mastered the whole inter-personal relationship thing judged by his past and that he could play if that was his choice.

He choose not to and I will honor it.

We win regardless as Bryant is a better pure NT.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

AH could skip the game, skip the service, go to Vegas with a new Nuyorican tamale, dress out and knock Rodgers out, Hell, he can grieve or do whatever feels good, its his choice, as it SHOULD be..

Posted by: frak | October 9, 2010 10:43 PM | Report abuse

TheCork

"I dunno, maybe because he's not as good as Finley?"

I dunno, both Finley and Davis are sub par blockers with speed and wide receiver ball skills.

The packers don't ask Finley to block, but the redskins do with Davis.

The packers line Finley up in multiple spots, but the redskins use Davis only within the confines of Mike Shanahan's pass offense.

One team is creative, the other dogmatic.

I dunno: let's put our guy Davis in position to make plays like Finley before deciding he can't.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 10:50 PM | Report abuse

FLA v LSU game is NUTS

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

And to think I told my daughter to sell the tickets she got me for LSU v. Florida.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 10:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 10:50 PM

You've got a point, Moe. This time last year people thought Davis couldn't do anything, including get out of bed in the morning. Then Cooley went down and Davis became Superman -- caught passes and fixed the public schools.

Posted by: beep-beep | October 9, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

I heard that Albert was actually like a father to his half brother so I'm sure this is devastating to him.

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 9, 2010 11:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 9, 2010 11:01 PM

What about his own kids or his wife (now ex). What about the kid he's going to have with the stripper? What about the life he almost took while he was speeding?

He's not a good guy and I'm truly sorry for his loss. Maybe he will actively participate in his own life now and actually care about his other family, his teammates moving forward.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 9, 2010 11:18 PM | Report abuse

"This time last year people thought Davis couldn't do anything, including get out of bed in the morning. Then Cooley went down and Davis became Superman..."

I don't know about a 2009 Superman, but...:

Jermichael Finley (catches) 55 676 (yards)

Fred Davis (catches) 48 509 (yards)

And remember that Fred didn't play until CC got hurt.

So tell me, again, that he is not as good as Finley.

Posted by: MistaMoe | October 9, 2010 11:46 PM | Report abuse

S Moss
J Galloway
R Williams
A Armstrong
B Banks

Analysis:

This year's group is better, just older than last year's group.

R Williams is like a third leg--unnecessary, slow, and hardly productive.

At least that's what the Duke chicks' powerpoint said about him.

Whither VJAX??????: we'll see in the off season.

Posted by: MistaMoe

Alternative analysis.

Its Santana Moss and 4 guys that aren't good enough to make most other teams. Anyone missing ARE yet?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 9, 2010 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Alternative analysis.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 9, 2010 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Not yet, but I am willing to give it a few more months!

Posted by: lemming | October 10, 2010 12:19 AM | Report abuse

Alternative analysis.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | October 9, 2010 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Not yet, but I am willing to give it a few more months!

Posted by: lemming | October 10, 2010 12:19 AM | Report abuse

People grieve and deal with loss in different ways. Brett Favre came in after his Dad died and had one hell of a game. Haynesworth could do the same but he is choosing to be with his family instead. Can't fault him for that.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 10, 2010 12:24 AM | Report abuse

It the goal is to get older, smaller, and less talented ZORNAHAN has done a wonderful job so far!

Posted by: pabrian2003 | October 10, 2010 12:29 AM | Report abuse

scamp-

agreed..I'm an ass hole. But I'm an ass hole die hard skin fan that would like to have their best DL play this week.

I've stated my opinion as to why he should play and why his choice not to play is completely acceptable.

At the end of the day I'm still an ass hole and I'm ok with that.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 10, 2010 12:31 AM | Report abuse

scamp-

At the end of the day I'm still an ass hole and I'm ok with that.

Posted by: Diesel44 | October 10, 2010 12:31 AM |

Nothing wrong with being an ass hole. I think he should play too. I think he could almost single handedly destroy Green Bay's offense for us. But oh well.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 10, 2010 12:35 AM | Report abuse

any suggestions on how to get that fat slob chad dukes off the air waves?

Posted by: the_shocker1 | October 10, 2010 1:05 AM | Report abuse

The Redskins are a damn joke. Cutting Devin Thomas when our recieving corps is worst in the league shows that this organization cares nothing about winning games. They are motivated by their own political inner workings.

F*ck this team.

Posted by: Sports_Guru | October 10, 2010 2:09 AM | Report abuse

"He is violent in the back end..."

Uh..TMI!

Posted by: daddy00 | October 10, 2010 2:21 AM | Report abuse

F*ck this team.

Posted by: Sports_Guru | October 10, 2010 2:09 AM

Why am I not surprised that one of the biggest idiots ever to grace this stinking blog feels this way? You're a disgrace and should refrain from ever showing handle around here...ever.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 10, 2010 2:37 AM | Report abuse

If you are looking for cheap tickets online then look for Alliance http://bit.ly/92MoE9

Posted by: frobisher09 | October 10, 2010 3:11 AM | Report abuse

What a game!! I would say the best place to find NFL tickets online is Alliance http://bit.ly/92MoE9

Posted by: frobisher09 | October 10, 2010 3:20 AM | Report abuse

F*ck this team.

Posted by: Sports_Guru | October 10, 2010 2:09 AM

Posted by: scampbell1975

I cosign scamp. This sports_guru faig should light himself on fire and jump into a pool of gasoline.

Posted by: monkeymayonaise | October 10, 2010 3:42 AM | Report abuse

C'mon everbody fell asleep in a meeting, lecture, at work, whatever, before, we all went to school, didn't we?. If you really work hard regularly and care about what's going nobody would blame you for being tired once.

If Jerry Rice ever would have fallen asleep in a meeting (did he?) they niners organization would have bought a bed for him for the meeting room. To me it just shows how self-centered DT is. Blaming others (BB for having a phone at the meeting, coaches not giving him a chance and so on).
If the meeting-incident was that big a deal they would have cut him right then or by the 53-cut at the latest.

Both coaching staffs he worked under did give him multiple chances. Even when the Shannys figured out he was a lousy route runner they kept him on the team somehow cutting others instead. He just didn't get it. That's it.
DT goes on saying: "maybe they didn't want a playmaker". WTF? Pure ignorance. Always sound arrogant when Ochocinco makes such statements, but heck has proven that he is playmaker. DT? 34 games, 445 yards...give me a break. His KR-average is that good because of the outstanding blocking on KR (and PR, since BB has started a new habit of really returning them unlike his predecessors ARE and PB). Never really seen him juke someone.

Since I think it's just coincidence BB basically replaced DT, I wouldn't call BB a snitch. But I have to say that it is not that "cool" to post a photo of a teammate "looking bad on Twitter. Bashing each other and joking is.

BTW, props to Danny Smith and the ST-unit. Blocking on returns and coverage have both been outstanding so far!!!!

Posted by: vladoiu | October 10, 2010 5:26 AM | Report abuse

Where's "poopy_mcpoop's" analysis? He usually has the best handle on these situations...

Posted by: keywester-va | October 10, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Skins injured Finley on the Pack's first series; keep rolling out who the Skins should fear JR, because the Skins have injured whom you've mentioned...

Devin Thomas will be a Ram, esp. now that Mark Clayton will be on IR for blowing his knee today...

Posted by: bernard_thompson | October 10, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse