Redskins reportedly sign Penn State's Daryll Clark

Updated: 5:32 p.m.

Redskins' General Manager Bruce Allen said Saturday the team would pursue an undrafted quarterback, and they've apparently found one they liked. The team has signed Penn State quarterback Daryll Clark as an undrafted rookie free agent, according to WFMJ-TV in Youngstown, Ohio.

A two-year starter, Clark is Penn State's all-time leader in touchdowns (43) and also set single-season marks his senior year in passing yards (3,003) and touchdowns (24). Clark reportedly also had offers the Vikings, Packers and Rams and there were rumors he'd signed Saturday night with the Steelers.

If the television report is true, Clark would become the team's fifth quarterback on its roster, joinign Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Colt Brennan and Richard Bartel.

The Vindicator, Clark's hometown newspaper in Youngstown, reported Sunday afternoon that Clark had yet to sign with a team, but the Redskins appeared to be the front-runner. "That's still pending, though," his father, Daryll Sr., told the Vindicator.

The Penn State campus newspaper, The Daily Collegian, confirmed with Clark later Sunday that he did indeed sign with Washington.

While the team's list of signed undrafted free agents continues to grow today, the Redskins have also invited a handful of players in for tryouts, including Murray State receiver Derrick Townsel, Stanford safety Bo McNally, Wisconsin linebacker Jaevery McFadden and Colorado State safety Klint Kubiak.

By Rick Maese  |  April 25, 2010; 3:50 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Taking a look at how Saturday's moves impact other Redskins
Next: Tracee Hamilton to discuss the Redskins during First Things First

Comments

Last!

Posted by: dante12 | April 25, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan will raise him.

Posted by: CapsXXVI | April 25, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Hello?? (tap tap tap) Is this thing on?

Posted by: downindinwiddie | April 25, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Go Colt!

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 25, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Question is: He had 38 catches? Heck, why not throw 5-6 times to him every game.

Posted by: SteveMG | April 25, 2010 3:40 PM

D-Mo doesn't have a good QB in college, it will be a different story with McNabb, I also like the fact that the dude is 6'2 265 and 4.0 in 40 which is marvelous for someone his size. He plays mean, runs, block, bull doze,catch,difficult to bring down, reminds me of a bigger Terrel Owens.

Posted by: abxinc | April 25, 2010 4:10 PM |

Posted by: abxinc | April 25, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

JReid,

Please confirm or set straight the rumors that the trade of Jason Campbell for the 2012 4th rounder was conditional on the Raiders making the playoffs and Jason making the pro-bowl?

Was this reported by ESPN, is this true? If yes, why is it left out of countless other reports. That would certainly further taint the deal. What is the value if Campbell does not make the pro-bowl and the Raiders don't go to the playoffs? Nothing?

Posted by: DownTownClown | April 25, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Redskins
Logan Paulsen, TE, UCLA
Anderson Russell, FS, Ohio State
Marques Slocum, DT, Eastern Arizona
Keiland Williams, RB, LSU
Daryll Clark, QB, PSU

So far....

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

@DownTownClown, lol...JReid probably things Clownble is a shoo-in for the pro-bowl in Oakland....lmfao.

You got one thing right...he's a clown.

Posted by: dc1020008 | April 25, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Redskins
Logan Paulsen, TE, UCLA
Couple new additions..

Anderson Russell, FS, Ohio State
Marques Slocum, DT, Eastern Arizona
Keiland Williams, RB, LSU
Daryll Clark, QB, PSU
Maurice Greer, RB, Troy
Jaevery McFadden, LB, Wisconsin (Tryout)
Derrick Townsel, WR, Murray State (Tryout)
Bo McNally, S, Stanford (Tryout)
Klint Kubiak, S, Colorado State (Tryout)

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Uh, 4.0 40? I don't think so.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 4:14 PM

Sorry Dude, I meant 4.4 40

Dennis Morris | giants.football-news-update.com
He was clocked at 4.4 40 and has good size at 6-6, 252 lbs. .... but a pitiful 40 time and unimpressive agility killed his stock. ... WT has been one of the top five best D-II programs in the past five years. .... Posted in Football | Tags: atlanta falcons, bruiser, dennis morris, st louis rams | No Comments » ...
giants.football-news-update.com/tag/dennis-morris/ - 16 hours ago

Posted by: abxinc | April 25, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

If I were Mike Sellars, I'd be checking 6 o'clock. Just watched the video on D-Mo and he brings a lot more to the table. Sellars is basically a straight ahead runner, and slow at that. This guy D-Mo actually has some moves and should also make a great red-zone target.

Posted by: bones21 | April 25, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan will raise him.

Posted by: CapsXXVI
____________

Good thing, cause right now, he's only 6'2".

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | April 25, 2010 4:55 PM | Report abuse

D-Mo just adds another blocker to protect McNabb while he's trying to figure out who to pass it to tear through other team's Ds.

Seriously see a good competition between Seller's experience vs D-Mo's fire. He's got that "Eye of the Tiger", you know (not to be too cheesy, but it's a good analogy).

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 25, 2010 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Clark put up more reps in the bench press at the combine than Capers, 21 to 19. I guess its not that surprising he slid to round 7.

Posted by: peteywheatstraw | April 25, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Dennis Morris | giants.football-news-update.com
giants.football-news-update.com/tag/dennis-morris/ - 16 hours ago

Posted by: abxinc | April 25, 2010 4:30 PM | Report Abuse

I woulda thought a 4.4 was excellet for a 250 lb TE

Posted by: stromi | April 25, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Daryll Clark looks like a younger version of McNabb....look out Colt

Posted by: kingpenn1 | April 25, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Daryll Clark looks like a younger version of McNabb....look out Colt

Posted by: kingpenn1 | April 25, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: peteywheatstraw | April 25, 2010 5:08 PM

Didn't hurt the 4th pick in the draft as he only managed to put up 23 reps. Capers has a couple other deficiencies besides having less upper body strength than a QB..

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Uh, 4.0 40? I don't think so.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 4:14 PM

Sorry Dude, I meant 4.4 40

Dennis Morris | giants.football-news-update.com
giants.football-news-update.com/tag/dennis-morris/ - 16 hours ago

Posted by: abxinc | April 25, 2010 4:30 PM |

No prob dude. 4.4 for a guy that size is good speed. Heck, it's good speed for any size.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Shouldn't the Skins try to bring in a kicker or two?

Is it me, or was the WR pick in the middle rounds a waste?

Posted by: marble3 | April 25, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Mr N-Coffin

"Dude, put down the Andre Cold Duck and Mickey's Big Mouth chaser."

This would be an issue if I drank alcohol.

But I don't.

You said, "...he (Colt Brennan) would be given a "chance" for the #3 QB job."

The point of my post was that some folks would this post, and jump for joy in celebration over the fact that their boy Colt--a guy who hasn't played a regular season down as a redskin--was still on the roster, and thus, worth having a shot.

So I engaged in a little parody, and you are upset, obviously, because your English teacher never taught you how to detect it.

Consider the following in light of your comments:

"Go Colt!"

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | April 25, 2010 4:10 PM

So I guess I was right, huh?

And as for the insult about my politics, the registered republican in me is aghast that alleged conservatives are so thin skinned that even the most sarcastic comment directed their way is worthy of nasty comeback and insult.

There's Nationalized Heathcare now, sir.

Perhaps you need to go see a doctor.

For free.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

I just hope that Colt gets a fair shake. Often new management automatically dismissed other regimes projects. Colt does have certain talents; if coached up may be productive for us.

Posted by: elderdave1 | April 25, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: elderdave1 | April 25, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

4.4 is fast.

Posted by: mack1 | April 25, 2010 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Shouldn't the Skins try to bring in a kicker or two?

Is it me, or was the WR pick in the middle rounds a waste?

Posted by: marble3 | April 25, 2010 5:33 PM |

You obviously haven't read very many of the post have you?

He is a Punt/Kick returner with 4.3 speed.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 5:44 PM | Report abuse

@dcsportsbog: If you're not familiar with new Skins DT Marques Slocum, you'll want to read this. http://bit.ly/bjGEkx

Seriously, its like he's made out of Jason Campbell anti matter. Maybe he was just being funny or perhaps his opinion of his mother is indeed "i think she da realest bi*ch alive." Either way, hope he's good.

Posted by: will_ga | April 25, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

"Often new management automatically dismissed other regimes projects. Colt does have certain talents; if coached up may be productive for us."

I understand your concern for a player who's yet to play and win a regular season game as a starting quarterback.

After all, it's not his fault J Campbell, a 1st round draft pick mind you, was given a 5 year chance to block Colt's path to more than just preseason stardom.

Colt's time will come.

And if it somehow doesn't, I'm quite sure the Cult O' Colt will be here to demand that it does.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 5:49 PM | Report abuse

On Tuesday, the Senate health committee voted 12-11 in favor of a
two-page amendment that would require all Congressional Members and their staffs to
enroll in any new government-run health plan.

Congressman John Fleming ( Louisiana physician) has proposed an
amendment that would require congressmen and senators to take the same
healthcare plan they force on us (under proposed legislation they are
curiously exempt).

Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go on his Website and Sign
his petition (very simple - just email).

I have just done just that at:

Please urge as many people as you can to do the same!

If Congress forces this on the American people, then Congress should have to accept the same level of health care for themselves and their families.

To do otherwise is the height of hypocrisy!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 5:51 PM | Report abuse

Colt's time will come.

Agreed, but it will be after this year and will be in Cleveland and the jersey will probably be spelled wrong.

Posted by: will_ga | April 25, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

The actual quote from John Clayton on the Campbell trade...

"Al Davis got it right this year. He added to a solid draft by picking up Campbell for a conditional fourth-round pick, whose conditions appear to be unachievable. For the Redskins to get that fourth-round pick, the Raiders would either have to make the playoffs or Campbell would have to go to the Pro Bowl."

So, do we get ANYTHING if neither is achieved??????

Posted by: stevek20147 | April 25, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

So, do we get ANYTHING if neither is achieved??????

Posted by: stevek20147 | April 25, 2010 5:57 PM |

I think Clayton is wrong that has not been reported by anyone else.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: will_ga | April 25, 2010 5:48 PM

Top 5 favorite Marques Slocum quotes..

Do you own any pets, and if so what do you have?
i got a f*ck lion now come f*ck wit me

When do you plan on getting married?
it dont matta cuz i hope my wife know ima be playa 4 life

How do you feel?
i feel like killin somebody so dont be dat person... lol....not really dont be dat person

What size shoe do you wear?
a big enouf size 2 boot chu da f*ck up outta here

Your favorite Disney Films?
f*ck disney

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

I think Clayton is wrong that has not been reported by anyone else.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 5:58 PM

Man, I hope so. I was so happy we got something for him.

Posted by: stevek20147 | April 25, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

I think Clayton is wrong that has not been reported by anyone else.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 25, 2010 5:58 PM

I agree, Flounder. This is what Jason Reid wrote when he reported the story yesterday and, dadgumit, I believe him:

"The Redskins traded the five-year veteran quarterback to Oakland this afternoon in exchange for the Raiders' fourth-round pick in the 2012 draft."

I don't see the word conditional anywhere in that sentence.

Fourth round in two years = fifth round in one year = sixth round this year. Not much, but better than a ham sandwich.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Your favorite Disney Films?
f*ck disney

I think that one is my favorite,

Posted by: will_ga | April 25, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

I go to Penn State, and it is incredibly weird seeing someone I've seen play all throughout college now playing on my favorite NFL team, nice!

He is a pretty good player, pretty mobile, but this past season he has pretty interception prone. Hope he does well on the skins!

Posted by: ddrcoaster | April 25, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Top 5 favorite Marques Slocum quotes..

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 6:05 PM

I think we just signed RedDMV.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

Why didn't we sign a free agent kicker? Shanahan seems to like competition at every position and unless I'm mistaken we only have one on the roster and I don't recall him being that great.

Posted by: wagman1 | April 25, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Top 5 favorite Marques Slocum quotes..

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 6:05 PM

I think we just signed RedDMV.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 6:15 PM

pretty, pretty, pretty funny

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

if john clayton is reporting right, the redskins got hosed on jason campbell

Posted by: BMACattack | April 25, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

DClark was an excellent QB at PSU and I am surprised he wasn't drafted in Rounds 6 or 7. He is a great leader. I really think he has a shot to beat out Colt for the 3rd QB position.

Posted by: spambucket6 | April 25, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Eff dat spider!

Posted by: RomoLongballs | April 25, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Redskins-- undrated free agents:
Logan Paulsen, TE, UCLA
Anderson Russell, FS, Ohio State
Marques Slocum, DT, Eastern Arizona
Keiland Williams, RB, LSU
Daryll Clark, QB, PSU
Maurice Greer, RB, Troy
Jaevery McFadden, LB, Wisconsin (Tryout)
Derrick Townsel, WR, Murray State (Tryout)
Bo McNally, S, Stanford (Tryout)
Klint Kubiak, S, Colorado State (Tryout)

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | April 25, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

"4.4 is fast."

That's what she said.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: wagman1 |

our kicker is G. Cano..he was sign late last season...i think he did pretty good..strong leg...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | April 25, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

I've seen just about every game Daryl Clark as played and he'd be a very slick pick-up for the Skins.

Posted by: kone | April 25, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan will raise him.

Posted by: CapsXXVI

--------------------------------

Why? Was he found orphaned behind a dumpster? j/k

Posted by: ericenderle | April 25, 2010 6:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: spambucket6

Anyone think Colt can beat out Rex? I think its possible....

Posted by: jcnjcnj | April 25, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone think Colt can beat out Rex? I think its possible..."

How is Colt B going to beat out the guy who already knows the offense and was brought in to help implement it?

D Clark is the guy Colt better be checking out over his shoulder as he can make plays with his arm and legs.

And Colt can only make plays in the final minutes of preseason games.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

So I guess JC's old number 17 won't be retired for long.

Posted by: Predator48 | April 25, 2010 6:52 PM | Report abuse

I think we just signed RedDMV.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 6:15 PM

Agreed. Hilarious.

Posted by: will_ga | April 25, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

I am just wondering if english is being taught in the schools of this country?! WOW!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | April 25, 2010 7:12 PM | Report abuse

I don't know what a f!ck lion is but I want one...gotta be bad a$$

Posted by: downindinwiddie | April 25, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

I guess Colt's name will now be mentioned now that JC moved. Would they dare mention Colt when JC was here? Doubt it.

Posted by: abxinc | April 25, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Please urge as many people as you can to do the same!

To do otherwise is the height of hypocrisy!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 5:51 PM

You are pathetic.

Love America or leave it.

Posted by: hithere1 | April 25, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Hello Everyone,
Was just watching Jamie Dukes and others on NFL Network talking about JC. Dukes very strongly said Buffalo blew it in not going after and offering more for JC. He then said JC is better than any QB on the Buffalo roster, and they should have gotten JC.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | April 25, 2010 7:17 PM | Report abuse

We got a "conditional" fourth for JC, we prolly could have gotten a third at least for Colt

Posted by: downindinwiddie | April 25, 2010 7:17 PM | Report abuse

if john clayton is reporting right, the redskins got hosed on jason campbell

Posted by: BMACattack | April 25, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Clayton confused the terms of our conditional for DMN with the trade for JC. Those conditions would upgrade our payment to Philthy from a 4th to a 3rd. Clayton just hasn't manned up to it yet. The pick for JC is not conditional, just a straight 4th in 2012.

Posted by: frediefritz | April 25, 2010 7:20 PM | Report abuse

I didn't realize if I don't like the health care bill I don't love America...damn, my bad

Posted by: downindinwiddie | April 25, 2010 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Hello Everyone,

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | April 25, 2010 7:17 PM

been thinking the same thing, and wondering why that didn't happen. seems like a real mess of buffalo chips up there. Ralph Wilson is 91 years old, maybe they're thinking about stripping down in advance of a move to LA?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Please urge as many people as you can to do the same!

To do otherwise is the height of hypocrisy!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 5:51 PM

You are pathetic.

Love America or leave it.

Posted by: hithere1 | April 25, 2010 7:15 PM

I'm going to explain this for retarded ass heads like you one more time. I love America. The government is hardly America. If you don't believe that politicians should be subject to the same laws as everyone else then you obviously do not love or understand America so please leave it so that those of us educated enough to understand what it means to be an American can enjoy it.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the health care advice scamp. But I only take marching orders from the Retard Queen herself, Sara Palin, or maybe Glen Beck.

Posted by: mack1 | April 25, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Health care debate on RI. This is going to go well.

Posted by: farstriker | April 25, 2010 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 7:29 PM

please scamp, give it a break... you've had a lot of sympathy here lately, and we all grate on nerves sometimes. but this type of talk wears thin. there are plenty of other threads for politics. happy to join you there.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Health care debate on RI. This is going to go well.

Posted by: farstriker | April 25, 2010 7:32 PM

The 2010 draft is officially over.

Posted by: mack1 | April 25, 2010 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: downindinwiddie | April 25, 2010 7:20 PM

It's true.

Also if you don't agree with every move the Redskin's new FO makes or doesn’t make then you are not a real fan, a hater, or worse yet wasting everyone's time on a blog predicated on discussion.

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

This Jason Campbell thing is out of control. First we see the report he is traded to the Niners for a fourth round pick in 2012. When I first saw this I thought it was a typo, that they meant 2011. I mean a fourth rounder is a pretty low value pick to begin with and it gets devalued further by putting it off a year? Crazy. Then ESPN reports that it is a conditional fourth round pick in 2012 which is totally nuts. Even a box of used condoms would be worth more than that. Then Campbell starts talking to the media and he tells them it is his understanding that he will be the starting QB. Wrong answer, pal. A QB should always demur when asked a question like that. Then we get a report from the San Francisco Chronicle that the Niner's HC Tom Cable told them there is a wide-open competiton for the QB job! Is there a league source somewhere that clarify things for us? Sheesh.

Posted by: FourthAndOne | April 25, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | April 25, 2010 7:44 PM

the dude abides.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FourthAndOne | April 25, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

And what makes it even MORE out of control is that he's going to Oakland, not the Niners...

Posted by: p1funk | April 25, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

I meant Raiders, not Niners. Right metro area, wrong team. The issue is so confusing I can't even post coherently. Not that I can when I am not confused.

Posted by: FourthAndOne | April 25, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | April 25, 2010 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Oh, it's being taught.

This issue is that athletes don't have to actually pay attention in class or learn anything.

Posted by: p1funk | April 25, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

aw, c'mon, p1funk. 4th was on a roll. I wanted to hear about how JC was demanding Joe Montana's number.

Posted by: farstriker | April 25, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Love America or leave it.

Posted by: hithere1 | April 25, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Just curious...were you saying the same thing when Bush was in office?

Posted by: p1funk | April 25, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Klint Kubiak, S, Colorado State (Tryout)

Listed as SS on cbssports, ranked 38th at the position.

Gary Kubiak's oldest son, Kyle Shanahan's former boss.

Hmmm.

Posted by: SonofNero | April 25, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

05/31/2009 - Safety Bo McNally has been named to the 2009 Ronnie Lott Award watch list. This is no surprise, as the Cardinal's most consistent player ranks as Stanford's active leader in interceptions (eight) and tackles (211). He has 14 tackles for loss and four sacks in his 36-game career.

Hmmm. Wonder which guy will stick?

Posted by: SonofNero | April 25, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

Love America or leave it.
Posted by: hithere1
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

So you were terribly upset to see MSNBC Keith Olbermann and other commentators repeatedly blaming the Bush Administration during his terms. ??

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | April 25, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

I *heart* League-Source

Posted by: Risa_L | April 25, 2010 8:05 PM | Report abuse

The 2010 draft is officially over.

Posted by: mack1 | April 25, 2010 7:41 PM

worth repeating.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 7:34 PM |

Dude, this really isn't meant to be partisan. I just think that when politicians pass laws they should apply to them as well. They are not better than us though they seem to think they are. I don't really care what the law is but when it is specifically written into the law that it doesn't apply to everyone equally than it is an unjust law. For the ass head with the love America or leave it remark you are obviously quite unAmerican. It is the epitome of citizenship to be educated, informed, and concerned with the workings of your government. To debate the merits of government is more American than to blindly follow as sheep do. For you Moodlymoo, I leave it at this.

LET'S GO SKINS!!!

I've gotta say that every year I am excited in the offseason. Unfortunately, more often than not, I end up sorely dissappointed about 2 or 3 games in. I feel pretty good about where this team is headed this year. I don't expect too much this year but I love getting rid of the status quo, one player away mentality that has permiatted this franchise for more than 10 years now. Cutting a whole sh!tload of "core Redskins" and showing that no one is safe should go a long way towards changing the attitude and culture around here. It's about damn time!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

I *heart* League-Source

Posted by: Risa_L | April 25, 2010 8:05 PM

Chia_Pet you're hearting the wrong poster. Go heart RedDMV. You two were almost a couple once.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: FourthAndOne | April 25, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | April 25, 2010 7:50 PM |

..oh and to make it even worse, he doesn't even play for this team anymore and we're still hearing about it. WHO GIVES A SH!T!

...that is all.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:19 PM | Report abuse

scampbell1975:

I do not want to read and discuss politics here. And I don't give a crap what your political views are. I'm here for the Redskins.

I suspect I'm not the only one.

This is a place where I can escape politics, religion, etc. for a while and enjoy chatting football with my fellow fans who are probably of many varying political views. And that's cool.

Sports are cool because they can unite people who are otherwise different in so many ways. We all have plenty of other opportunities to wax on about politics and crap.

Note: I didn't even carefully read your post, so I'm not attacking your political view. Not sure what it is, but certain I don't care at the moment.

And you're free, of course, to say whatever you want, but please, could we keep it to football? We've got an entire draft to dissect.

Posted by: lordtwang | April 25, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Love America or leave it.

Posted by: hithere1 | April 25, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Just curious...were you saying the same thing when Bush was in office?

Posted by: p1funk |

America:Love It or Leave It...Particularly ironic on a blog dedicated to Redskins, y'know those native Americans who probably said the same thing to it's invaders years ago before most of them were killed.

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 8:22 PM | Report abuse

...that is all.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:19 PM

I think he got a raw deal from the Redskins. Not as bad as LaVar, but worse than Antonio Pierce. Do you agree, scamp?

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 8:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:19 PM

Sorry Scamp just one more.

Who gets/has to wear 17 now?

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | April 25, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 8:22 PM

If only they'd gotten off their butts and invented a vaccine for small pox, they would still be #1, right, Cork?

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Why does it always seem like these fools at the Post have no idea what they're talking about? Probably because they don't.

D-MO is not a threat to challenge Cooley and Davis for a TE position? No kidding... probably why Allen and Shanahan said they intend to use him as a full back or an h-back.

But... ... D-MO will ABSOLUTELY challenge Mike Sellers for the FB/HB position.

Sellers went to the Pro Bowl after the 2008 season and then got paid. He subsequently followed that up with one of the worst season performances of his career in the 2009 season.

I specifically remember the analysts breaking down game tape showing how Sellers was whiffing on blocks and even showed plays in which Sellers flat out missed blocks entirely or didn't block anyone.

I also specifically remember Portis calling out Sellers publicly for missing blocking assignments and not giving full effort.

So if Shanahan sat down and watched the Redskins game tapes from last year, I'm not surprised in the least that Shanahan went searching for a FB/HB who could block.

Full backs are a main staple in a west coast offense and if Shanahan wants a productive running game - which I'm quite sure he does - then a blocking FB/HB with pass catching abilities out of the backfield is a necessity.

D-MO is a beast and Sellers has now been put on notice. D-MO said he loves blocking, and anyone who has watched his highlight video will attest to that.

I think D-MO was a great pick and I'm pulling for this kid to replace Sellers.

Posted by: SkinsFreak | April 25, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:19 PM
=-===========
scamp.. alot of people dont realize that once you're elected to congress or the senate you have free healthcare for life.. And a full pension started immediately, for life.... even if you are not re-elected to a second term..

Its their form of "lottery".. and why they spend so much to be elected..
The dudes who made the laws....did pretty well for themselves.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

For you Moodlymoo, I leave it at this.

LET'S GO SKINS!!!

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:15 PM

right on... ditch the first paragraph (regardless of partisan perspective) and we're cool. in the big picture, pretty stoked about changes this offeason.

I think everyone agrees we are much improved over this time last year. any dissenters?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lordtwang | April 25, 2010 8:21 PM

I agree. How many of the guys we drafted are Republicans and how many are something else?

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Redskins-- undrated free agents:
Logan Paulsen, TE, UCLA
Anderson Russell, FS, Ohio State
Marques Slocum, DT, Eastern Arizona
Keiland Williams, RB, LSU
Daryll Clark, QB, PSU
Maurice Greer, RB, Troy
Jaevery McFadden, LB, Wisconsin (Tryout)
Derrick Townsel, WR, Murray State (Tryout)
Bo McNally, S, Stanford (Tryout)
Klint Kubiak, S, Colorado State (Tryout)

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | April 25, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

What, no P or K? We're screwed. Knew we should've address this with the #4 pick instead of wasting it on the O-line.

Posted by: Red-skin-Joe | April 25, 2010 8:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 8:23 PM |

Ah crap, really? Who cares, but for the sake of it...no. How did he get a raw deal? He got to start for a couple of years even though he and his whole team were no better than average. He got to keep the money he made right? The guy is a class act no doubt but to say he got a raw deal is bogus. Everyone playing for this team and rooting for this team has had a raw deal since Snyder took over. Why should he be any different?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 8:30 PM

although personal conduct does matter (e.g., Roethlisberger). what a conundrum! where to draw the line?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lordtwang | April 25, 2010 8:21 PM |

Fair enough...for now.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 |

Still sorry about your pain and your child's illness, but that doesn't give you open season to attack what my Father dedicated his life to--working for the Government. For the first 30 or so years he was in the Air Force, including time spent bombing Germans so people like you are free to make ignorant statements on this blog.

He later worked in the Pentagon as a civilian. He retired before terrorists tried to kill members of the Government he swore to work for and protect.

Any time you get on an airliner, thank the Government for strictly regulating the industry and by so doing has made it safest mode of transport in the world,.

When someone tries to break into your house (or your Grandma's, who's too shaky to handle the .44 Magnum NRA types are so proud of possessing) call a businessman, not a government employed cop.

Businessmen were heading past Government workers on 9/11 as they the firemen headed toward their own deaths. Too bad you didn't have a chance to tell them they were ass heads for thinking they were part of America.

Yeah, sure, lots of corrupt politicos--which guess is your point. They mostly come from the business sector and so reflect the corruptness of society at large. If you really think "government" can turn the chicken house over to the foxes and the Fox News Channels, just try living in any dictatorship, be it communist, Fascist, or the Oligarchy Bush tried to set up.

This is a sports board, and when someone makes a blatant political statement and defends it by saying "oh, I'm just saying that if you all agree with my point of view there's no problem with me posting it on a political board here" it doesn't make it any less political.

So please don't act surprised that you've touched off or contributed to another exchange of hate-filled emails here.

Let me end on an up note. Two of three "experts" on NFL-com said today they were most impressed with the Redskins improvement with the draft and trades made involving draft choices.

That's good, and I think we can all agree on that.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to pray for the health of your boy.

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

I *heart* League-Source

Posted by: Risa_L | April 25, 2010 8:05 PM

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 8:16 PM

----------

At 8:05PM I was having sex with my girlfriends.

No way this could have been me.

I'm being spoofed by an advanced student of da blog.

This guy is good...

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 8:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | April 25, 2010 8:40 PM

thanks cork... 100% agreed.

dad was a career fighter pilot and still hates on the government. I work on government contracts, and have mixed feelings.

can't figure it out, but I'd like to see this stuff somewhere else.

my own opinion...

non sequiturs (even silly cow crap) is fine.

ad hominen attacks are funny (sometimes).

but please save the substantive talk for another blog.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 8:54 PM | Report abuse

Anyone that equates talking politics to the brave men and women in the armed forces, police and fire departments, and pentagon citizens is doing those heroes a diservice. It's quite obvious what we were discussing but leave it to Cork to put them all in the same group. Way to go.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

NFL's Unofficial Fastest 40-Yard Dash Times
Michael Vick (4.25). 16. Randy Moss (4.25). 17. Willie Parker (4.23)..Terrence Austin Catch Video; He ran a 4.2 40-yard dash at the Combine and is 6 feet....

Posted by: abxinc | April 25, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm being messed with.

and it's actually funny.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 9:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 8:19 PM
====================
cork, I gotta agree with Scamp..
I have a hard time believing the guys that fought in all the past wars would see a semblance of what they were fighting for in todays US Govt. They fought for freedom from the same tyranny that our own govt is ironically exacting upon us now.
Come on.. the politicians pushing a healthcare package on us then they never have to pay for healthcare again for the rest of their lives.. some for serving only 2 years? And a 100K+ per year pension for the rest of their lives also for as little as a 2 year term.
We are tax paying chattel to politicians.

Ironically, the most democratic govt I have lived under was in Switzerland.. 14 Cantons with a rotating president and EVERYONE paid the same taxes.. 15 percent across the board every 3 months.. Make a million francs in one Quarter pay 150K francs. Make 10,000 francs pay 1500 francs in taxes.. No one gets deductions..including billionaires....and no one has to be a rocket scientist to figure out their taxes. And the govt has never had a deficit in 2000 years.

So, in other news, I got tix to the Philly game at FedEX.. Hope Snyder lets me attend the viewing of the ST Locker.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:03 PM | Report abuse

I did say "please"... isn't that the magic word?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:03 PM |

Just don't bring a "Down with Snyder" sign and you have a pretty good chance.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

I did say "please"... isn't that the magic word?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 9:06 PM |

Sorry dude, I said I was done and I meant it. I just have a hard time stomaching crap like Cork posted.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lordtwang | April 25, 2010 8:21 PM

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Kind of a loaded question, isn't it? 5 of 6 draft picks were African-Americans so obviously the Whig party is largely being represented. Our newly drafted center - Communist party. No Republicans.

Posted by: Red-skin-Joe | April 25, 2010 9:08 PM | Report abuse

I did say "please"... isn't that the magic word?

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 9:06 PM

===============================================
my 9, 6, and 5 year old agree with you.. my wife, not so much.. I try it on her every night and it doesnt seem to work..

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:13 PM

Hmmm...maybe jewelry or vacations have become her "magic word."

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:17 PM | Report abuse

Our newly drafted center - Communist party. No Republicans.

Posted by: Red-skin-Joe | April 25, 2010 9:08 PM

I disagree. Since he so liberally lets everyone play with his azz all day, I would think he is a Democrat.

Posted by: HPYTRKR1 | April 25, 2010 9:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:08 PM

can we start a RI politics blog? although something tells me it wouldn't be as much fun.

value your football and oddball comments... but maybe direct some of that energy toward the nearest local electoral district? might make more of a difference there. I think political opinions are pretty well established here, at least among participants who are franchised.

in any case, can't help responding despite myself... might be harder than quitting cigarettes.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | April 25, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

LeGarrette Blount disses Niners, joins Titans
Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2010 9:16 PM ET
On Saturday, Oregon running back LeGarrette Blount continued his draft slide, passing through rounds four, five, six, and seven.

After we learned the identity of Mr. Irrelevant, Blount agreed to term with the 49ers. But he didn't sign a contract. So he was free to change his mind.

And he did. Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Blount will instead sign with the Titans.

Of course, until Blount actually put his Herbie Hancock on a contract, he's free to change his mind, again.
-------------------------------------------

Anyone still bummed we didn't pick this flake up? Seems like he might be a little unstable.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Dude is using my style of blog language to look like me.

and League Source seems to be the only one who notices or cares to notice and then make mention of it, for whatever reason.

I post as Chia_Pet only.

and a good night to you all.

Posted by: Chia_Pet | April 25, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

The federal govt,like most state govts, offer a menu of PRIVATE INSURANCE options for every worker, from senator down to mail room clerk, to choose from. EVERYONE pays premiums, though they are subsidized by the employing agency, in this case, the federal govt.

Posted by: kenboy1 | April 25, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse

LeGarrette Blount disses Niners, joins Titans
Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2010 9:16 PM ET

-------------------------------------------

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

I like his passion, trying to take on the whole stadium after he decked the Boise St. dude. But, trying to take on the whole stadium? Chernobyl was more stable than this bozo.

Posted by: Red-skin-Joe | April 25, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:13 PM

Hmmm...maybe jewelry or vacations have become her "magic word."

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:17 PM
=======================
3 kids under 10. Aint no one getting jewelry or a vacation in this house, unless its jeweled handcuffs and a trip to the can with a newspaper.

hey..not haten on JC.. but, wtf was he thinking when he said to the media that he was told he would be Starting? And then Cable had to call the SF media and tell them he never said that.. weird stuff..

Dear JC.. you may be the best QB Oakland has.. but, dude..tread lightly and show it on the field..dont talk to the media.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:27 PM |

Funny sh!t cause it's true.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:19 PM

How did changing his mind make him seem like a flake? More than likely it was a numbers game. His agent probably told him he has a better chance of making the titans or they offered him more money. If he were to say that he changed teams based on the color of their uniforms you would have a point.

To answer your question, I think he would have provided a cheap short yardage option. There is no guarantee that LJ is going to be around that long. As last year showed, you can never have enough options at the goal line.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 25, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

"Cork, that may have been one of the most assinine posts I've ever read. Tell your father I said thanks, and mine, and me while you're at it. I served as well, not in wartime but in the Navy. But what you said was ridiculous and I feel stupider for having read it. You are obviously a Washington area government employee and therefore in hock for your whole life to big gov and so can't be trusted. You are really talking about a Bush oligarchy? You obviously aren't paying attention to what is going on these days. You are an ignorant citizen to be feared for your stupidity.Posted by: scampbell1975"

'Fraid I didn't read Cork's original but I doubt it could have been any dumber than the above response.

Will you guys please stop it?

Posted by: Samson151 | April 25, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

LeGarrette Blount better get as much signing bonus as he can because that's the only NFL money he'll see in his lifetime. Can't believe the claque up hear screaming for us to draft him.

Posted by: League-Source | April 25, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kenboy1 | April 25, 2010 9:23 PM

====================
and.....drumroll please..........For you Congressmen or Senators, even if you only serve one term, the Fed Govt (aka our taxes) still pays your healthcare and your 100 percent of the salary you earned, in that capacity, for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Will you guys please stop it?

Posted by: Samson151 | April 25, 2010 9:33 PM |

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kenboy1

Will you please stop- this is a sports blog!

Posted by: johnnyreds | April 25, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

"Who gets/has to wear 17 now?"

Mr. Terrance Austin should.

Think of it:

Austin--#17

Kelly--#12

Thomas--#11

Mitchell--#84

Moss--#89

Mitchell should switch to, say, #15.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 25, 2010 9:33 PM |

You have a point but I'm looking at the whole body of work. The whole incident that got him suspended and then telling one team he would sign with them and then switching. Granted that may not be enough to label him a flake but it's a start. He never would have made this team anyway...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Mitchell should switch to, say, #15.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 9:37 PM

You think Daryll Clark will help make #15 available?

Posted by: will_ga | April 25, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

"Who gets/has to wear 17 now?"

Mr. Terrance Austin should.

Think of it:

Austin--#17

Kelly--#12

Thomas--#11

Mitchell--#84

Moss--#89

Mitchell should switch to, say, #15.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 9:37 PM
================================
""Who gets/has to wear 17 now?"

HCrap..lets got back to Politics.
Hey Moe go watch "What not to Wear" on Lifetime... They have a new NFL draft special.. "What Jersey Number Not to Wear"

(too late, Lifetime, I just TM'd this).

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 25, 2010 9:33 PM |
=======================
I like him now.. Purely empirical reasoning.. He sounds sorta Riggo'nisque.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

"Will you please stop- this is a sports blog!"

Let them whine.

They are doing everything they claim liberal democrats do: whine endlessly about things well beyond their control.

They lost the election but won the right to speak freely from the peanut gallery once occupied by the folks who hated Bush.

The hypocrisy and philosophical near-sightedness is laughable.

They say the government is overbearing, but didn't notice overbearance in the Patriot Act, FISA, or No Child Left Behind.

So let them complain now about what they chose to ignore before.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan definitely used the rest of the draft to focus on niches. Sellers job is most definitely on the line. We've got a guy specifically to compete for the return jobs (though trading for Ginn would have been smarter). I like the thinking behind both. An LB, because we're thin on experienced LBs -- though I wish we'd gone OL there. We did get a couple of OL guys, hoping to find a gem, but even some depth would be a decent result. All in all, I like the thinking -- we'll see if we got quality soon enough.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 25, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Politics make the world go round. We americans reveal our political leanings in everyday conversation whether we realize it or not.

Take for instance this moron: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36769422

He believes in aliens. Yet there is no proof of their existence. I bet he doesn't believe in God and I bet his argument is there is no proof of God's existence. Go figure.

No doubt in this non politico issue, one can deduce our political leanings

Posted by: Debaitor | April 25, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Here's a pretty cool article on the 40 yard dash...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | April 25, 2010 9:51 PM | Report abuse

"Fraid I didn't read Cork's original but I doubt it could have been any dumber than the above response.Will you guys please stop it?Posted by: Samson151 | April 25, 2010 9:33 PM |
So you weigh in with an assinine comment of your own and then ask us to stop? Blow me fruitcake.Posted by: scampbell1975"

See what I mean? It just gets dumber and dumber. Somebody beep this thread.

Posted by: Samson151 | April 25, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

"How did changing his (L Blount) mind make him seem like a flake? More than likely it was a numbers game. His agent probably told him he has a better chance of making the titans or they offered him more money."

Agreed.

With the titans having traded away L White, the backup job for a big back opened up.

L Blount might be one of many undrafted players who stands out this offseason.

And as it stands now, Slocum and Clark are two for the redskins who will be worth watching.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

beeyeep.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | April 25, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

The hypocrisy and philosophical near-sightedness is laughable.

So let them complain now about what they chose to ignore before.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 9:48 PM |

Wrong again Moe. I was b!tching and whining then too.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

The hypocrisy and philosophical near-sightedness is laughable.

So let them complain now about what they chose to ignore before.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 9:48 PM |

Wrong again Moe. I was b!tching and whining then too.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 25, 2010 9:39 PM

Why because there is so much talent on this team? We dont know what were getting from the two vet backs they brought in. Portis will likely be improved but after that its a crap shoot. I guess my point is that being aloof or a bit off doesnt make him a bad player or a bad guy. Dont think he had any off the field issues. He made a big mistake and he paid for it. He shouldnt be ostracized for the rest of his life for it.

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | April 25, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | April 25, 2010 9:48 PM |

Solid post.

I thought Shanallen drafted well, too.

We started out with 4 picks, and took home 6 players, most importantly, three linemen, one a starter.

I want to see how Clark, Morris, Slocum, Capers, and Austin washout with the team.

The Austin picks stands out as he and Thomas make a nice speed pair to use as returners or deep threats.

Next, I bet they snag some released players that might be a surprise, too.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 25, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: abxinc | April 25, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse

His bio says his fastest time is 4.38 and he ran a 4.43 at his pro day. Not bad but not 4.2. Oh, and he's 5'11" flat footed and 6' in heels.

Posted by: will_ga | April 25, 2010 10:06 PM | Report abuse

OK this is what we got so far:

Logan Paulsen, TE, UCLA
Anderson Russell, FS, Ohio State
Marques Slocum, DT, Eastern Arizona
Keiland Williams, RB, LSU
Daryll Clark, QB, PSU
Maurice Greer, RB, Troy
Jaevery McFadden, LB, Wisconsin (Tryout)
Derrick Townsel, WR, Murray State (Tryout)
Bo McNally, S, Stanford (Tryout)
Klint Kubiak, S, Colorado State (Tryout)

All I can say is let the competition begin!!!

You don't invite a guy to camp unless you think he can make it. We invited these guys because coach thinks they can make it or create enough of a ruckus in camp to push guys that are already on the team to raise their game.

A couple of thoughts on what I've see in these guys.

Williams and Greer are not to be slept on. I know Portis and the guys think they will be able to lock things up, but these two are young fresh legs with nothing to lose. I like Williams a lot because he has that break away speed teams look for and he played in the SEC which you might as well call the NFL Developmental League.

Slocum is like 6'5" 320+ lbs, he is exactly what a nose tackle is suppose to be. He's not looking to make plays, just take up space and keep people occupied while the LB's make plays.

Clark is a project waiting to happen. He has the ability to sit for 3 years under McNabb and learn. Shanny knows he can just sit the kid and have him learn for the long haul.

Russel can play and should be a sleeper and McFadden can be the same if he can be consistent. Overall, some of these guys will make the team and other will hit the practice squad.

COMPETITION IS GOOD!!!!!

Posted by: ajb1094 | April 25, 2010 10:33 PM | Report abuse

Meal plans can help you eat a balanced diabetes diet, keeping your blood sugar under control. use this free meal planner http://bit.ly/9Rgkqn

Posted by: kalinaheidi | April 26, 2010 2:36 AM | Report abuse

Colt will be number 3.. only hope Clark has is if he can make it as a WR or a H-back...

Posted by: sovine08 | April 26, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: wagman1 |

Posted by: jcnjcnj | April 25, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Skins also have 26 year old Justin Medlock in camp so there will be competition. They signed him in February of this year but it did not get too much press. Medlock is a former all-american and 3x first team all pac for UCLA. Was projected to be a solid NFL kicker but has bounced around. Was a 5th round draft pick of Kansas City back in 2007. He made the opening day roster, however, he missed a 30 yard field goal in week one and was replaced by Dave Rayner. Was in camp with St. Louis in 2008 but got beat out by Josh Brown. Played in the CFL with Toronto in 2009 and set a record with 7 field goals in one game. NFL kickers seem to develop later than other positions so maybe this is his break out year!

Posted by: SoulAssassin | April 26, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Its funny to read some of these comments. Some of you think you actually know something because you can submit a blog.

Posted by: ged0386 | April 26, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Tired of the false parades,STOP DRINKING THE KOOLAID FANS READ THE FACTS,

PRO:

•Has completed 1,002-of-1,637 career passing attempts (61.2%) for 10,860 yards, 55 touchdowns and 38 interceptions with a career passer rating of 82.3.
•Enters the season ranked sixth all-time in club history in passing yards (10,860), sixth in passing attempts (1,637), fifth in completions (1,002), tied for seventh in touchdown passes (55) and second in passer rating (80.4%).
•Owns the highest career completion percentage (61.2%) in club history (minimum 1,000 attempts).
•Has played in 52 career games (all starts).
•Holds a club record with 271 consecutive passes without an interception (during parts of the 2007 and 2008 seasons) – marking the fifth longest streak in NFL history and the longest since QB Rich Gannon threw 277 passes without an interception for Oakland in 2000.
•Established single-game career highs in completions (33) and passing attempts (54) at Dallas on November 18, 2007
•Set a single game career high in passing yards (367) vs. New Orleans (12/6/09).
•Owns six career 300-yard passing games – 348, at Dallas, 11/18/07; 328, at Detroit, 10/26/08; 321, vs. New Orleans, 9/14/08 and 301, at Tampa Bay, 11/25/07; 340, at Detroit 9/27/09; 367, vs. New Orleans 12/6/09.
•Has five career touchdown passes of 50 or more yards – 66 yards to TE Chris Cooley vs. Carolina (11/26/06); 67 yards to WR Santana Moss vs. New Orleans (9/14/08); 50 yards to Moss at Detroit (10/26/08); 59 yards to Moss at. Detroit (9/27/09) and 59 yards to Moss vs. Tampa Bay (10/04/09).
•Made his NFL debut as a starter against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on November 19, 2006.

We just traded a pretty good QB without a line and the collateral damage will be costly. I hope Shanny is right.

Posted by: MPWTIAN | April 26, 2010 11:33 PM | Report abuse