Redskins revise sign policy

The Redskins have just announced that they have revised their sign policy to, according to their press release, "bring it in line with earlier announced rules governing messages on clothing."

From the release:

"We have no intention of trying to control our fans' varied ways of expressing their views on the Redskins organization and the team's performance," said David Donovan, the team's Chief Operating Officer, who has overall responsibility for the stadium.

"We've disappointed our fans so far this season, and I'm as disappointed as they are," said team Owner Daniel M. Snyder. "I understand that some fans want to express their feelings with signs and they should do so, as long as they stay within the boundaries of good taste and don't block the view of other fans."

By Cindy Boren  |  November 15, 2009; 10:47 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Injuries force move to younger players
Next: Redskins' inactives for Broncos game (updated)

Comments

Too little too late I'm afraid. Damage has been done.

Posted by: hobbes9 | November 15, 2009 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Too little too late I'm afraid. Damage has been done.

Posted by: hobbes9 | November 15, 2009 10:54 AM |

I don't think it's too late, I don't think it's ever too late for an apology, if it is sincere. More importantly in regards to the future of this franchise, I think it might be a good sign. Danny is listening to someone who is advising him on how to win back the fan base. That's two apologies within a month from a man who is usually invisible during the season. The next step in Danny's reclamation project would be to remove Vinny from a key role in player acquisition. That has to be the end game for most of the fan base, and I'm feeling more confident that it will happen at year end.

Posted by: TWISI | November 15, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Hmm, so if the fans didnt revolt and give you negitive press..than nothing would have changed huh... David Donovan? ya
Pr!ck.. Hey David, still feel that the fans are not acting any differently this year as opposed to past years? Your days are numberd just like the Vinny... Eat it Ghestapo

Posted by: ocskins | November 15, 2009 11:02 AM | Report abuse

looks like someone read a book on PR recently. your still the laughing stock of the league dan

Posted by: TBADOW | November 15, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

of course he changes the policy at 1030am on a gameday...everyone has already left home...makes him look like a good dude..he's a jackass

Posted by: nattylite88 | November 15, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: nattylite88 | November 15, 2009 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Precisely.

This reminds me of the classic Friday night dumps from the WH. These guys think they are so clever - but in fact they are transparent amateurs.

If Skins lie down like girls today - it will get very ugly...

Posted by: gdennie | November 15, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

This could be old news for all we know. The insider is always the last to the party when it comes to posting up actual news.

Posted by: dfbovey | November 15, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dfbovey | November 15, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Little Prick Danny and Kim Jong-Il are related...I know it!

Anyway, Broncos 37 Potato Skins 13

Posted by: knight1977 | November 15, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

The Redskins are gonna Micheal Wolgenheimer the Broncos today.

Book it.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 15, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

The Redskins are gonna take it hard from behind today....

Posted by: knight1977 | November 15, 2009 11:25 AM | Report abuse

aiiiii..pass the budweiser morphine, medic..

Posted by: frak | November 15, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK WHERE I WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH TODAYS GAME? iT WILL BE VERY APPRECIATED! THANK YOU..

PS IS ANYONE ACTUALLY STILL PULLING FOR THE REDSKINS OR WOULD EVERYONE RATHER SEE US LOSE FOR A GOOD DRAFT PICK?

Posted by: zorn_sucks | November 15, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1 | November 15, 2009 11:54 AM | Report abuse

As we are all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs due to "suckism" and a woeful remaining schedule...I cast my vote definitely for playing for a high draft pick.

We have nothing to lose this year, and all to gain next year...

Posted by: dark_some | November 15, 2009 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Next year or bust...not to be confused with next year's draft bust...

Posted by: dark_some | November 15, 2009 11:58 AM | Report abuse

What about the "SAFETY" concerns for fans that was so prevalent a few short weeks ago?

Sell the team Dan. You have ruined what was once such a proud and rich franchise with an incredibly loyal fanbase and turned it into an absolute embarrassment.

Posted by: regis429 | November 15, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | November 15, 2009 11:02 AM

Well, except that in either one of his "apologies", I didn't see the magical words "I'm sorry." So, until I see a "whoops, I screwed up" message, it's business as usual in Redskins Park.

Posted by: Joran | November 15, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

They wait until 10:30 Sunday morning to tell fans they can bring signs?
"Okay, let's all leave the tailgating party and find a store that sells posterboard and magic markers. Hmmm, I guess not."

Posted by: kls1 | November 15, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse