Redskins' schedule to be released at 7 p.m.

The NFL schedule will be released at 7 p.m., but Commissioner Roger Goodell gave a bit of a glimpse at it on "Mike and Mike" this morning. It's no surprise, but he did confirm that all the Week 17 matchups will be divisional games.

With that in mind, we thought we'd get your take on the matter. Of course, you'd always rather see the Redskins beat the daylights out of play the Dallas Cowboys, but does the McNabbian-Eagles connection complicate that?

You'll get the "when" at 7 p.m., but you already know the "who" and "where" of the schedule:

Home games: Green Bay, Minnesota, Houston, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, Dallas, New York Giants, Philadelphia

Road games: Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville, Tennessee, St. Louis, Dallas, New York Giants, Philadelphia

By Cindy Boren  |  April 20, 2010; 9:43 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: When Mike Shanahan drafted Jay Cutler ...
Next: Report: Donovan McNabb likes Terrell Owens for Redskins

Comments

Dallas, baby!!!

Posted by: C-DubDC | April 20, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

I don't care if we have McNabb or not, if it comes with his hatred of Philly or not, I still want to kick Dallas' butt in Week 17 for that Playoff spot. No doubt!!!

Posted by: C-DubDC | April 20, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

If a playoff spot is on the line week 17, I want the sorriest no account tomato can team that week....

Posted by: chrislarry | April 20, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

I think the team showed its cards in regard to Suh or McCoy when it loaded up on backup type vet defensive tackle types and made sure Golston was re-signed.

It is more than obvious an offensive is what the FO wants as that roster area (and linebackers) has been the most neglected during FA.

Artis Hicks will play right tackle opposite a rookie.

And my money says it's T Williams.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 20, 2010 9:56 AM

I agree Moe... but if Detroit takes a tackle and leaves Suh on the board, it's still gonna be hard to pass on that beast. He's the best player in the draft, IMO.

Guy could take the place of all the tackle scrubs we've signed, and AH too, if we shipped him.

People seem to think Williams might be a better pick than Okung (more athletic, might fit the ZBS better). I can't say I have a preference either way.

Posted by: Rypien11 | April 20, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

This has probably been mentioned before but Troy Aikman hinted a few weeks ago that he thinks the Skins first game will be at home against the Cowboys.

Posted by: Lisa_R | April 20, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

(repost)

"I don't see any way Samuels is shaking hands and back patting a smallish [QB, FS] player."

I think the selection of C Samuels to announce the skins' pick is more about him than the guy we choose.

C Samuels was a great player and is a HOF'er, no doubt.

So far, Samuels and K Warner will be in the same HOF class: not bad for a 'Bama.

We chose him and Arrington while the Bungles snagged P Warrick (memba him?).

And whereas LaVar fizzled out to injury, Chris Samuels showed up Sunday after Sunday without complaint.

I can't even think of a time when C Samuels whined in the media about his contract or the weird coaching changes that went on during his career.

Too, we forget how we were once blessed with the tackle tandem of Samuels and Jansen, a goodness that makes the present situation now greater than when seen in hindsight.

Let Samuels bask on the stage at the draft before he calls the name of the guy we choose.

And if it's a guy like him, I hope he's just as much a bama as Samuels was.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 20, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Obvious they're building with second and third line players for back-ups this season. People who they will be forced to play in the event they don't land first-line talent in a position of need. Just trying to strengthen the overall club personnel.

Also needed bodies for a buster of a camp with SHANAHAN. They need marginal players for depth to practice with through the summer and the X games (read: chew up and spit out).

Posted by: glawrence007 | April 20, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I wonder why the league has waited so long to announce the schedule. Isn't it usually out by now?

p.s. I think Pittsburgh is going to blow this year.

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Crap. I didn't realize they already decided the Houston game was in DC - ruined my plans to go down here.

And in other news, I just realized that the draft starts on Thursday and not on Saturday. We (finally) leave to get married on Saturday and I was going to have to follow it on my blackberry, but I can actually throw something at the TV when they screw up the 4th pick.

Posted by: suzannepdc | April 20, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

McNabb wants Owens in D.C.?
10:21AM ET
Terrell Owens | Bills | Interested: Seahawks?, Redskins?, Raiders?, Jaguars?, Bengals?
Top Email

We've been hearing rumors regarding Terrell Owens' next team all offseason. From the Cincinnati Bengals to the Washington Redskins, from the Jacksonville Jaguars to the Oakland Raiders, all make sense on some levels but not on others, and T.O. is still a free agent, so obviously there's some issue that has yet to be resolved.

Dan Graziano of NFL Fanhouse wondered on Friday whether or not the Seattle Seahawks would make sense as Owens' next team. There's certainly a need for a WR there, but the current corps of wideouts is deeper than the Buffalo Bills' from last season, and Matt Hasselbeck is definitely an upgrade at QB. More importantly, Graziano points out that by adding Owens, the team can focus on other big needs with their top draft choices, and the "transition period" in 2010 (and 2011?) won't be as rough, given the fact that even a diminished T.O. has a good amount of playmaking ability left in the tank.

On Tuesday, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio and Ed Werder reported that Donovan McNabb wants Owens to join him on the Redskins (per a tweet from ESPN's Jason Romano). The need seems to be there, and obviously the 'Skins aren't timid about adding veterans.

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

I hope we play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving... Family is split between Cowboys and 'Skins fans, so it should make for an interesting Thanksgiving evening... Almost willing to bet that 'Skins @ Philly will be on Sunday night or MNF...

Posted by: RedDMV | April 20, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

If they don't find a trade partner for Jason Campbell in exchange for either a pick in this year's draft or a player (maybe a linebacker or a free safety), then I'm going to be real disappointed. If they end up just cutting him outright in the 53 man roster cut down, I'll be downright pissed off.

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

suz, congrats on the marriage, enjoy your day...

That schedule is rough to say the least...yikes...welcome to Washington Mike...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 20, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

"Dan Graziano of NFL Fanhouse wondered on Friday whether or not the Seattle Seahawks would make sense as Owens' next team."

A new coach, fresh from the PAC 10, would commit professional suicide if he brought T.O. in.

The 'hamwks have two 1st round picks, and could take Dez Bryant to satisfy their receivers' issue.

Posted by: MistaMoe | April 20, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Red...WHA? No way Cowboys v Skins on thanksgiving....that is always a nightmare for Skins going back to Allen 1.0 and ruins what is otherwise a great holiday. No thanks and pass the stuffing.

Posted by: chrislarry | April 20, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

... leave to get married on Saturday and I was going to have to follow it on my blackberry, but I can actually throw something at the TV ...

Posted by: suzannepdc | April 20, 2010 10:28 AM

Preparing to wed ... preparing to throw things ... ah, already brings back memories of my own dear bride ...

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

McNabb wants Owens in D.C.?
Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 10:31 AM

========================

I would bet an Albert Hanesworth signing/roster bonus that (1) McNabb wants NO part of TO EVER AGAIN; and (2) Shanahan wants no part of TO either.

Posted by: C-DubDC | April 20, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

yeah, last time the skins were on Thanksgiving, wasnt there an open nasal fracture or something, pat ramsey throwing pick-6's.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 20, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | April 20, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

No thanks.

The girls are 6-0 against the skins on Thannksgiving.

Posted by: Original_etrod | April 20, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 10:31 AM

I thoought about this possibility when McNabb was added. On some level it makes sense. McNabb enjoyed good rapport on the field w/ Owens and both are at the tail end of their careers so one more push could be in order. In addition, Kyle Shanahan's offense relies on a dominant WR who commands double teams. Unfortunately the twins of the 2008 draft haven't established themselves yet, and we've seen how Tana disappears once the double comes. Then there's T.O circus factor to consider. Not sure he's worth all that he brings with him. Hopefully, MK or DT and/or DT are showing enough not to require such a move.

Posted by: TWISI | April 20, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

McNabb will always be an Eagle to me, much like Michael Jordan will always be a Bull despite his brief tenure with the Wizards.

It will be hard to rood for McNabb for that reason, but it's always easy to root agains the Cowpies.

Posted by: Alan4 | April 20, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

suzanne, congrats!

On my wedding day, eleven years ago this past Saturday -- before smart phones were ubiquitous -- during the reception my brother called a friend and learned of the Mike Ditka trade for Ricky Williams and the subsequent Champ Bailey pick for the Skins. What a day that was!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 20, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | April 20, 2010 10:42 AM |

You root for the Skins he is now a Skin, I don't see the issue.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 20, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Why would McNabb want T.O.? After the run in they had with each other in Philly, it would make zero sense.

Posted by: hailtotheskinsalways | April 20, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

T.O.? No thank you. I would rather pay every RIer a dollar to kick me in the junk.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | April 20, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Shanny's stealthy pursuit of Cutler leads me to believe that all of the hoopla about the team taking a QB, especially early in the draft, is just disinformation, and that the team will address its most pressing need, OT, with its first pick (and maybe the second pick, too).

Posted by: rbpalmer | April 20, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Alan4, I hope by midseason McNabb has turned you around on that, through his play and leadership... he's the best QB we've had here in a generation, and I embrace him fully.

But then, I always liked McNabb even when he was an Eagle, so my fan card may be revoked when it comes up for renewal...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 20, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

I remember that Greg...Bryan Barker has hardly been heard from since his nose was on his face upside down, a la Mr. Potato Head. But you gotta like a Thanksgiving rematch with McNabb and Shanahan running the show instead of Spurrier/Ramsey...

And NO to T.O. Nothing good can come of that...

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 20, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

scamp, thats some funny stuff right there....

was it Roy Williams who took PRam to the house?? Last interception that cat ever made...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 20, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

with its first pick (and maybe the second pick, too).

Posted by: rbpalmer | April 20, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

you mean our 4th rounder? that's our second pick.

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Chances of 'Skins trading up
10:41AM ET
Washington Redskins
Top Email

The Washington Redskins already made a huge splash by trading for QB Donovan McNabb. But with no other QBs on the roster that are likely to be developed as the next face of the franchise, it's quite possible that they might be ready to make another bold move to draft a QB this week, according to Rick Maese of the Washington Post.

There's always been a rumor lurking just beneath the surface that the Redskins and the St. Louis Rams are engaged in talks that would involve the No. 1 overall pick, ergo Sam Bradford. Unfortunately for the Redskins, they don't have a second- or third-rounder in this year's draft thanks to McNabb and Jeremy Jarmon, respectively. Since most people agree that the draft pick points chart is a little outdated at the top end, it's hard to say what would be required in compensation to swap from pick No. 4 up to pick No. 1, but it's probably more than just a fourth-rounder. There was a fleeting rumor recently that Albert Haynesworth could be part of a deal involving such a swap, although Haynesworth's availability in trade is disputed.

In the "throwing something at the wall to see if it sticks" department, let's add this one: the Rams send the No. 1 pick and OT Alex Barron to the Redskins for the No. 4 pick and Albert Haynesworth. Barron isn't the elite LT that the Redskins so desperately need, so they'd likely have to wait a year for that player; on the other hand, McNabb is used to playing behind suspect O-lines, and Barron would be an upgrade over anyone on the roster currently.

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

And NO to T.O. Nothing good can come of that...

Posted by: brownwood26 | April 20, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

I love me some ME!!

From the guys Shanahan has signed so far, I would be shocked if we bring in TO.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 20, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Nate said "I always liked McNabb even when he was an Eagle, so my fan card may be revoked when it comes up for renewal..."

***

Nate, I am with you. I have always liked McNabb -- all the more because of the crap he has been taking since day 1 up in Philly. Totally undeserved by him.

Posted by: manlius1 | April 20, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

I hear ya, Nate. Similarly, Michael Jordan could be hailed as the best Wizard ever. He even made the All-Star squad as a Wizard.

But how many people really associate Jordan with the Wizards now, versus the Bulls?

I viewed Jordan as a mercenary-for-hire by the time he arrived with the Wizards, and I see McNabb that same way--though I hope he "turns me around" as you say.

Posted by: Alan4 | April 20, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | April 20, 2010 10:42 AM |

You root for the Skins he is now a Skin, I don't see the issue.

Posted by: Flounder21 | April 20, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

With a very few exceptions, I root for the uniforms, not the players. When MJ was a Wizard, I rooted for him, when he wasn't, I didn't. Same with McNabb. This also makes it possible for me to pull for Redskins who, from media reports, appear to be inflamed, oozing cankers on the buttocks of humanity like AH and Larry Johnson.

Posted by: rbpalmer | April 20, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

I will say that I have enjoyed this offseason. There has been no leaking of information. Players have been fairly quiet and upbeat. The FO is showing signs of intelligence and we have't had the typical "this is what the skins are going to do" report that always seems to turn out accurate. We, as fans, really have NO idea what is going to happen Thursday, and that is enjoyable to me. It is nice to know that our FO understands that secrecy is key to running a football team and that it is best to throw out as much information as possible regardless of its validity.

Shanny and Brucy have not done things the way I might have liked, Mcnabb wasn't ideal in my opinion and we do need more depth along the oline, but at least they have shown signs of competence and that is a nice change of pace for the Skins... Plus I haven't heard a thing from Danny Boy in a good couple of months and thats always a plus.

Posted by: peoplearestupid1 | April 20, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 10:56 AM

Skins have needs for a free safety and linebacker too.

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

I'd like to beat Dallas every week if that were possible.

Posted by: DikShuttle | April 20, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: manlius1 | April 20, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Same here, it has mystified me as much as the double move confuses dirty 30 and CR22 why McNabb was never embraced in Philly. All he did was take them from perennial losers to year in and year out contenders and went to 5 NFC Championships and a Super Bowl. If he'd have done that here he would be worshiped as a deity.

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Alan, I see Jordan-as-Wizard as a sad postscript to one of the greatest careers in NBA history. I don't even think about it, as a half-assed Wiz fan, except as a blip in the franchise's rocky history.

Whereas I hope McNabb has a lot more left in the tank, and a good bit of glory left to achieve. He's certainly got the hunger, never having hoisted the Lombardi... that couldn't necessarily be said about Jordan in DC.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | April 20, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Congratulations Suz!

Chin up on the 4th pic. They're going OLine!

Posted by: DikShuttle | April 20, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Better deal for the Rams would be their #1 pick for Haynesworth, Campbell, and McIntosh. Skins keep (and use) the #4 pick.

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I am not Pro TO, but he and mcnabb had a public make up on some reality show...pros vs shmoes some sh!t....I think the hatchet is buried. I totally believe mcnabb wants him. He had his best year with him, and he would be an instant security blanket for a first season. Again I am not advocating, just dont view it as far fetched.

Alen4, what is this 1969? Dudes change teams all the time, If Mcnabb actually looks like the first pro QB this town has seen since 2 years of B. Johnson and spot games from Brunell I''ll be painting a number 5 on my chest and showing up in 10 below during home playoff games....

Posted by: chrislarry | April 20, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

I get the feeling that WaPo may need to upgrade their internet bandwidth before Thursday night. Friday should be a fun day here on RI.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 20, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 10:56 AM

Skins have needs for a free safety and linebacker too.

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 10:59 AM

Throw in Otagawe (sp) and that's a deal. The Skins need to get a starter in a need position in any deal involving AH.

Posted by: TWISI | April 20, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

I was chatting up McNabb with a life-long Philly fan last night. She said that once McNabb was there, they embraced him. The booing of the McNabb pick at Radio City (the last time they allowed fans in) was because they wanted Ricky Williams. Philly fans (according to her) love their roster, hate their ownership (sound familiar?).

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Wow! Listen to you suckers... scared to play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving??? What's wrong with you all???

Man, I say: F THAT! Bring that 'ish on! I don't care what the record is on t'giving, ya dig? They gotta break the winless streak sometime, this season would be a good season to start!

I never thought I'd see the day so-called Redskins fans pissed their pants at the thought of playing the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

GROW A PAIR!

Posted by: RedDMV | April 20, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Even if they trade out of the #1 spot, Rams still must get a new starting QB. Short of selecting Clausen (who will be ready to start Week One), Campbell is the best starter-ready QB available (give or take Brunell).

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

If he'd have done that here he would be worshiped as a deity.
Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 11:00 AM

Until he lost a game or threw 3 picks or got hurt….then they would be screaming to ship the bum out of town. Then when he takes them to the playoffs they start chanting MVP. Then when they lose in the playoffs he’s a bum again; cut the jerk. That’s how the Philly fans work. Same thing can be said for Andy Reid.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | April 20, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

sween, they still let fans in....where did you get that?

Posted by: chrislarry | April 20, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

If he'd have done that here he would be worshiped as a deity.

Posted by: zjfr2 | April 20, 2010 11:00 AM

Posted by: dlhaze1 | April 20, 2010 11:13 AM

What surprises me is that Skins fans perceive themselves as something different than that.

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | April 20, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

I hear ya Red!

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | April 20, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Actually the QB was... wait for it...

Donovan McNabb.

I think he suffered a season ending injury on that play try to tackle Roy Williams.

Posted by: RedDMV | April 20, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

sween, they still let fans in....where did you get that?

Posted by: chrislarry | April 20, 2010 11:16 AM

A Philly fan who is apparently a liar.

Posted by: dcsween | April 20, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

sween, isn't that like saying water is wet?? filthy fans are the lowest of the low, see the fan who forced himself to throw up on an 11 year old girl as proof...that cat needed to be beaten til he bled out the ears...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | April 20, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

I was hoping the poll was the question: Do you really care about the schedule at this point in time? Who cares? The season starts in September.

Posted by: richs91 | April 20, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

newflash, crossing things out is not funny and it never has been. find a new shtick boren.

Posted by: BMACattack | April 20, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Considering Philly is in our back yard and dallas is nowhere close, I have always had a dislike for philly....their fans are so angry and nasty that watching them cry is always so much fun! Dallas fans (those that are actually from the actual state of Texas) are actually not bad.

Posted by: KKlein | April 20, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

I only choose Philly because it's the only division team we seem capable of beating now and then.

Posted by: scoot21 | April 20, 2010 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Mista Moe, you funny.

But I don't see Chris Samuels in the Hall of Fame. Fine player, several Pro Bowls, but not the kind star that an O-lineman must be to get into the HOF

Posted by: rgj21 | April 20, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Dallas. At RFK.

No contest.

Posted by: stevebeagrie | April 20, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

When it's on the line, they are our whiny little beeyatches...

Posted by: stevebeagrie | April 20, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: stevebeagrie | April 20, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Schedule was leaked...I reported by ESPN 980--I missed three of the games, but I got 13 of them in order of where they are:

Dallas(snf), philly, st.louis, green bay, Indy (snf), NYG ,Chicago, Detroit, philly (mnf), tenn, minn, giants, tb, dal, jax, nyg

We have three prime time games...the opener is on Sunday Night at home, the second eagles game is monday night at home, indy is a sunday nighter at home.

Posted by: superyoda41 | April 20, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

remove that first NYG game, that was a typo

Posted by: superyoda41 | April 20, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse