Redskins Sign Draft Pick

Jason Reid checks in with this bit of news...

The Redskins have signed rookie defensive end Rob Jackson, their seventh round draft pick out of Kansas State, the team announced today. Financial terms were not immediately available but Jackson is believed to have signed a standard rookie contract.

Jackson, who is listed at 6 feet 4, 259 lbs., was credited with 61 tackles and six and a half sacks in two seasons at Kansas State. He was honorable mention All-Big 12 as a senior last season.

The Redskins also released defensive tackle. J.T. Mapu.

The team has now signed four of its top ten draft picks.

By washingtonpost.com Sports Editor  |  June 24, 2008; 12:54 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The 200k Barrier Falls
Next: Malcolm Kelly Leads Charity Trip to Liberia

Comments

"What Seattle ran

Redskins 360
POSTED 3:49 PM BY Ryan O'Halloran

A question posed on a recent Redskins message board wondered what Seattle ran offensively against the Redskins in the teams' January playoff game, won by the Seahawks 35-14. This is obviously asked to start predicting what kind of formations Jim Zorn will use as the Redskins' coach.

You asked for it, here it is.

Total snaps: 54

4WR-1RB: 14 times. ... Seattle ran this formation on four of its first five snaps. The big plays out of this set was a 17-yard touchdown run and a 20-yard touchdown pass. The pass-run breakdown is 10-4.

3WR-2RB: 10 times. ... The Seahawks connected for a 35-yard pass but also threw an interception. The four running plays gained nine yards.

3WR-1RB: 17 times. ... This ended up being the most common formation. Seattle passed 11 times (plus one sack) from this set.

2WR-2RB: 8 times. ... Four passes (including one INT) and four runs.

1WR-2RB: 4 times. ... Three of these plays came after Seattle assumed a 28-14 lead.

5WR: 1 time. ... Mike Holmgren lined up Shaun Alexander as a receiver and Shawn Springs snuffed out the play for a 1-yard loss.

Expect this to change with Zorn because of the presence of Chris Cooley and the expectation to get rookie Fred Davis on the field. Since Cooley is an every snap player, whenever Davis is on the field, he'll have to be moved around.

**** One bit of Redskins news today: the team announced that Dan Snyder is footing most of the bill for the Hall of Fame celebrations for Darrell Green and Art Monk. The check is for $200,000 and according to a news release, the cash "will help fund celebrations to be held in Canton, Ohio surrounding the Hall of Fame ceremony and will also benefit the charitable foundations of both Monk and Green."
- Ryan O'Halloran

"

Where's the Props to Snyder from the Post??

Posted by: Elfin to da Post | June 24, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Might I add 1st and 2nd!

Posted by: Elfin to da Post | June 24, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Elfin to da Post | June 24, 2008 1:10 PM

Is that some sort of pass route?

Posted by: cload & daggar | June 24, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

I hate my Computer at work, I can never remember to put my name in, Redcoat, I am the one who is related to Henrey VII for the record. I will be invading by Sea fron the north next tuesday. Don't tell Canada

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

"The Redskins sign Ron Jansen!" *

* Exclaimed in a voice similar to "the yankees win the pennant"

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Hang on Alex, which country are you invading?

My men are all sitting on Hadrian's Wall awaiting your word.....

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

They cut MapU?! NO!!!!

Posted by: MsTeenSouthCarolina | June 24, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

The Truth wonders if anybody else saw that guy defend "Nate in PDX" valiantly? The Truth can't be the only one that LOL'd at that.

The Truth says the interweb is serious business.

Posted by: The Truth | June 24, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Where's the Props to Snyder from the Post??

Posted by: Elfin to da Post | June 24, 2008 1:09 PM

The Post doesn't spotlight miniscule charitable deductions and ordinary business expenses from millionaires. (The standard for such individuals is much higher.)

Posted by: Bradlee | June 24, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Alex,

Why would you concern yourself with Canada anyway....oh right, they'd call the US and tell them.

The French called, they beg you to accept their unconditional surrender. I told them that you weren't attacking them but they insisted.

We Italians are going to see who wins before choosing sides.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Why isn't there another video installment of Jason Reid's "Redskins Defrocked" for this story? We hardly even knew Mapu.

Posted by: Nick D. | June 24, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

The Real Truth says that The Fake Truth above at 1:25pm is just a jealous muppet.

Posted by: The Real Truth | June 24, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Well as I said my family roots are also in the old Scotish line. I thought landing up there and trying to drumb up some support through the highlands on my way to York was the wiser decision. All I need is to await my armies from Amsterdam, they have the archers I would need for victory in the open field of battle on my way south to Old London Town.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Hey! Leave me out of this!

Posted by: Jealous Muppet | June 24, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Skinz you made me just about bust a gut.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

The Real Fake Truth thinks it's hilarious that now the harrassers are getting imitated.

Posted by: The Truth | June 24, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Look at the names we rarely or never see up here: KK, periculum, say it ain't so ade jimoh, dealer, P Diddy, Zebra, D7, Hail to 'em, Old School, gethanr13, Cheyenne, WY, 70 Chip, LH/Learned Hand, Lisa, Ocho-Ocho/Crickets, Neil in Durango, E in VB... I know some of them are using different nicknames now or posting infrequently. Y'all check in sometime, ya hear?

-Nate in the PDX

Posted by: | June 24, 2008 12:22 PM

My sources tell me that KK is the artist currently known as talent evaluator.

Posted by: dcsween | June 24, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Oh and yes I did just steel the military stratagy from Bravehart.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

We Italians are going to see who wins before choosing sides.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:27 PM

That's why I love Italy so much! :) "Never gamble against a Sicilian with death on the line!"

By the way, Diddy posted over at 'Crowd Nose' so I assume he's back from LV. I think he must have a mini blog-crush on L'Applebaum.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

For Rob Jackson, I predict the recently re-signed Dorian Smith will be re-cut, but may be back by the preseason if one of the other DEs gets hurt in camp.

Posted by: dcsween | June 13, 2008 2:03 PM

For those keeping track on the wrongness. [Based on LIFO accounting (and Spidey sense), I had suggested that Mapu's spot was safe given that he and several others got passed over when they cut Ghee.]

Posted by: dcsween | June 24, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Actually technically we start on the losing side and then switch to the winners but we are evolving.

As for the rest RC, Inconceivable!!!!

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I think P's looking to get his name up there in an interview.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

I thought you were basing your strategy on the Jacobite Rebellion of '46 Alex. If so, whatever happens, KEEP heading South, don't turn around!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Inconceivable!!!!

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:36 PM

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

And where is the poster known as Inigo Montoya these days?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Who elected you King anyway Alex. I didn't vote for you and don't try that Lady of the Lake stuff either. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords is no basis for a government.

Ah I haven't seen that movie in a while. May be time to pull it off the rack.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

KK = Talent Evaluator?

Not surprised at all. The third 'K' would've gave him away.

Racist prick.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

RC,

Had to sell the poster for cash. Not much money in the revenge business. No more rhyming I mean it.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

One thing is for sure when we win we will finally be able to kick out the blasted Pilgrims once and for all, also I will dissolve the parliament and replace it with a hooliganocracy. Where all policy decisions will be based on a scientific equation derived from the winner of a football match and drinking contests, and the amount of damage done by the hooligans after.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Skinz,
Your mother smells of elderberies. Now go away or I shal taunt you a second time.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Last we heard from Inigo Montoya, he was consumed with work and there was a new recent addition to his family. It seems we have lost the contributions of several regular posters to the twin evils of commerce and fatherhood.

Thus, it might be a good time to remind everyone that the loyalty oath demands the order of priority be "Blog, Country, Family".

Posted by: Recorditarian | June 24, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Skinz,

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:46 PM

Now we see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed.

Ok I'll stop now.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Boo racism

-Nate in the PDX (filling in for the Red Stripe guy)

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

No more rhyming I mean it.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:43 PM

Anyone want a peanut?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I thought it was Blog, Redskins, Family, Fish Tacos & beer, Country?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

She turned me into a Newt!

It got better.

Posted by: etrod | June 24, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Record, I've managed to avoid both with my personality, copious amounts of alchohol and always keeping a cell phone near my genitals... perhaps I've said too much.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

The team has now signed four of its top ten draft picks.

By washingtonpost.com Sports Editor

Have they signed any of their draft picks that were not in the top ten?

Posted by: talent evaluator | June 24, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Who elected you King anyway Alex.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:42 PM

Q. How do you know he's a king?
A. Well for one thing he's not covered in shti like the rest of us.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

We are the knights who say NikinikiBaapZeawaapadopIIING!

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

I thought it was Blog, Redskins, Family, Fish Tacos & beer, Country?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 1:50 PM

Another illustration of how out of touch some people are with reality.

Posted by: Tulsa | June 24, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Sadly, I actually have a job again. Thus, my rare posts.

BTW, if anyone goes to Vegas, you MUST stay Sunday for Rehab at the Hard Rock pool. Wow. Also, I have a new best practice for bachelor parties: import girls you know but who are completely unaffiliated with anyone in the party. I brought a couple of chicks with me as my entourage and, man, they were the life of the party.

My Facebook friends on the blog can see my pics. :-)

Posted by: P Diddy | June 24, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

I thought the Skins only had 9 picks anyway? Or was that before trade-apalooza??

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

I wish I had a lugnut.

Posted by: Greg | June 24, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

P Diddy good to see you again. Rehab=win. It's hard for us East Coasters though who go for the weekend.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

hos, hos, hos

Posted by: P Santa | June 24, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Props to Dan Snyder for footing the bill for the Hall of Fame celebrations. I am one fan who can give credit where credit is due.

HAIL!!!!

Posted by: sicwidit | June 24, 2008 1:57 PM | Report abuse

The Truth has had two imposters in the last two posts that claimed to be him.

The Truth says enough is enough and it's time for a change!!

The Truth is not a nugget!!

Posted by: The Truth | June 24, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Diddy, I have a question to ask you wrt pitching a treatment, could you email me at usredcoat at gmail dot com?

My in-law is just publishing a novel and it's just the sort of story that Hallmark or someone like that would probably make into a TV movie.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:00 PM | Report abuse

We gave credit where credit was NOT due.

Posted by: Bear Stearns | June 24, 2008 2:03 PM | Report abuse

...it's just the sort of story that Hallmark or someone like that would probably make into a TV movie.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:00 PM

It's about a nine-year-old boy with a brain tumor who learns he's been adopted?

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

The Truth is not a nugget!!

Posted by: The Truth | June 24, 2008 2:00 PM

Exactly! The Truth is more like a Nougat!

Posted by: The Unabashed Truth | June 24, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

If it was about a 23 year old woman with a brain tumor who learns she's been adopted, it would be on Lifetime.

Posted by: P Diddy | June 24, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

All the feeps who claimed Welsh heritage earlier, you have to be able to pronounce this place name...

No wonder the Welsh are gloomy people, look at what the Welsh alphabet makes you read/write!!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

I feel bad enough for you being from Tulsa.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

It's about a nine-year-old boy with a brain tumor who learns he's been adopted?

Posted by: | June 24, 2008 2:05 PM

Dammit anon, you let the cat out of the bag!

Now what do I tell ma-in-law? She was relying on that movie money to pay for a new wooden leg, maybe even a chrome hip replacement with all the bells and whistles to go with it.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:00 PM

It's about a nine-year-old boy with a brain tumor who learns he's been adopted?

Posted by: | June 24, 2008 2:05 PM

He doesn't learn he has been adopted until after his adoptive mother's legs have to be amputated after a tragic motor scooter accident.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: | June 24, 2008 2:11 PM

Please see my previous post anon. Some things just aren't a joking matter...

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Good Afternoon,

Someone above posted as "Greg", and was looking for a lug nut.

I can assure you, Greg was given a horrific beating, and is in the hole. He wont be coming out of there for a good long time.

Thanks for your time.

Posted by: Warden, Cell Block 4 | June 24, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Some things just aren't a joking matter...

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:13 PM

Are you changing the blog rules, RC? I thought that everything here was a joking matter. Oh, wait -- you were joking!

Posted by: talent evaluator | June 24, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

You say Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch,

I say Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu,

Let's call the whole thing off.

Posted by: Fred Astaire | June 24, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Excuse me stewardess, I speak Welsh.

Posted by: Barbara Billingsly | June 24, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

enough stereotyping the Welch, fred.

Posted by: Dik | June 24, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Let's call the whole thing off.

Posted by: Fred Astaire | June 24, 2008 2:18 PM

Isn't that where Andy Dufraine went when he escaped from Shawshank Prison?

Posted by: dlhaze | June 24, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Fred Astaire | June 24, 2008 2:18 PM

Anyone ever hear "The Lone Ranger" by Quantum Jump? They managed to weave that place name into the whole song!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Excuse me stewardess, I speak Welsh.

Posted by: Barbara Billingsly | June 24, 2008 2:20 PM

That movie NEVER gets old...

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Speaking of messing persons on this broad....

Where have Skippy been lately? I miss his blighting wit, his misunderstandable intellect, and most of least, his perceptive incest into the human conniption.

Why, if Skippy doesn't pest on this broad soon.... Oh wait a minute...Never mind. Skippy always gets confused on Tuen The Plate day.

Fondly,

Skippy

Posted by: Skippy | June 24, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

nads

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

So what does our linup at DE look like now? Carter Daniels are starters aand
Eraumusesers James I assume if healthy is the no 1 spell guy this year and starting next year?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Will Chris Cooleys new wife start a Skin Wifes Chear Leader Team?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Excuse me stewardess, I speak Welsh.

Posted by: Barbara Billingsly | June 24, 2008 2:20 PM

Shoot man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Airplain vs Monty Python and the Holly Grail? Which is funnier?
I go with HG

Posted by: 35332 | June 24, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Airplain vs Monty Python and the Holly Grail? Which is funnier?
I go with HG

Posted by: 35332 | June 24, 2008 2:40 PM

It's a tough one,...looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 2:37 PM

Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.

Posted by: Barbara Billingsly | June 24, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Here is my arguement, Airplane has 9/10 jokes that are funny as hell but a handful just were misses. Name 1 bad moment in Monty Python HG.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

The one time I tried to recreate that wonderful scene in Airplane my wife laughed so hard that I thought she was going to wet herself. Unfortunately she was laughing at my atrocious accent, not the content. I never tried again.

Maybe I should stick to trying to do something from "Lock, Stock" or similar.....

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

HG and Lebowski are my two favorite comedies.

Airplane is as you said, really funny but most of the humor is Police Squad stuff. Funny in the moment but not quotable.

Other movies i tend to quote are Princess Bride, Life of Brian, Snatch, Fletch uhh that's all that is coming to mind.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Why is it that the Brits are so good at comedy?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Why is it that the Brits are so good at comedy?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 2:49 PM

Booze and Misery.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Blazing Sadles.
-Scuze me while I whip this out.

- How many times have I told you to wash your hands after cross burnings.

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Airplain vs Monty Python and the Holly Grail? Which is funnier?
I go with HG

Posted by: 35332 | June 24, 2008 2:40 PM

For me they're different. The joy of Airplane is that it's just relentless jokes, if one doesn't work, another will be along in a moment. You seldom have to think, just listen and enjoy.

Holy Grail is more surrealistic than downright funny, so you have to think too.

But both great in their different ways.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Why is it that the Brits are so good at comedy?

Posted by: Alex35332 | June 24, 2008 2:49 PM

We're such a weird repressed lot, you have to have an outlet for it!

It's That Man Again (ITMA) during WWII begat, The Goons in the 50s/60s, which in turn begat At Last the 1948 Show, then The World of Beachcomber, then Monty Python, then Spike Milligan's 'Q' Series', through Hitch Hiker's Guide and continues through things like Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer (Big Night Out, The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer, Shooting Stars) then Ali G, and so on.

When the weather is grey all the time and everywhere is so crowded, you develop tons of nuance in everything you say/do or else you'll have a bloodbath on your hands because we all live on-top of each other.

All that nuance becomes fertile ground for comedy, as you also need to be able to laugh at yourself to tolerate the situation!

My 2c + tax.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Im adopted ?

Posted by: 9 year old boy | June 24, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Don't Forget...
Fletch
-Not as far you know.
Caddyshack
-Thank you very little.
X-Mas Vacation
-Merry Christmas! Shtter was full. (This only works around the holiday, but extremely effective.)

Posted by: Matt | June 24, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

My 2c + tax.

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 2:58 PM

I thought they were much more clever and concealed what was actually going on after the plus sign by use of an acronym, i.e., "My 2c + VAT".

Posted by: dcsween | June 24, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Im adopted ?

Posted by: 9 year old boy | June 24, 2008 2:59 PM

Yes son, now help me find my legs will you?

Posted by: Ma | June 24, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 2:48 PM

Um, Airplane "not quotable"???????!!!!!
Surely you can't be serious.

Posted by: dlhaze | June 24, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

You can't hide the 'T' in Value Added Tax Sween.

Hang on. T. Tax, wasn't that the start of all our problems in that war that my people lost to your Mayflower people? Three times or something?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Makes sense to me, Redcoat. I'm guessing Japanese horror flicks are a different way of dealing with a similar situation. Seems like every good horror film was ripped off from a Japanese original. And American TV is ripe with stolen ideas from across the pond.

Posted by: [cc] | June 24, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Don't Forget...
Fletch
-Not as far you know.
Caddyshack
-Thank you very little.
X-Mas Vacation

Posted by: Matt | June 24, 2008 2:59 PM

I got Fletch above but Xmas Vacation is excellent as is Caddyshack.

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

That might be why Brits like black/grotesque comedies so much too [cc].

Venting all that repressed anger through comedy helps and there's a huge tradition of that in Britain too. From Tristram Shandy to Sweeney Todd to Entertaining Mr Sloane to Brimstone and Treacle to The Young Ones to The League of Gentlemen to Little Britain.

Few places do 'ugly funny' like us Brits and our trademark teeth!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

The 'Skins signed Rob Jackson and released J. T. Mapu.

Question for dcsween--

In your daring "catch and release" predictions (1) who did you predict the
'Skins would release when they signed Jackson and (2) did you predict that J. T. Mapu would be released?

Posted by: talent evaluator | June 24, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

We watched Fletch last night in the lock down.

Posted by: Prison Balls | June 24, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Sween re-posted above t_e.

Posted by: dcsween | June 13, 2008 2:03 PM

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

t_e_, see 1:36PM.

In other news, ... who's kiddin' who ... there is no other news.

Posted by: dcsween | June 24, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

One underrated quality quoting movie:

Coming to America.

"One time I asked Joe Lewis how old he was when he fought Marciano. You know what he told me? 165 year old."

His mamma call him Clay, imma call him Clay

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Is that the "my band sexual chocolate" one Skinz?

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 3:21 PM | Report abuse

In hindsight, it should have been apparent how quickly J.T. Mapu would have been released ... the "T" stands for tax.

Posted by: dcsween | June 24, 2008 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Surely you can't be serious.

Posted by: dlhaze | June 24, 2008 3:02 PM

I am. And don't call me Shirley.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Yup RC the famous Rev. Brown

But you know, when I look at these contestants! For the Miss Black Awareness Pageant, I feel good! I feel good, because I know there's a God somewhere! There's a God somewhere! Turn around ladies for me please! You know there's a God who sits on high and looks down low! Man cannot make it like this! Larry Flynt! Hugh Hefner! They can take the picture, but you can't make it! Only God above, the Hugh Hefner on high, can make it for ya!

Posted by: Skinz | June 24, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Chad Rinehart T 6-5 308
A four-year starter at left tackle, Rinehart allowed only one stop behind the line and limited his opponent to 11 tackles in 2007. An All-American first-team selection, Rinehart has the highest career blocking consistency grade of any Football Championship Subdivision offensive lineman in the last 15 years. A tough and physical player, Rinehart is a solid athlete with excellent feet. Because he did not play against top competition in college, there is some doubt as to how he will measure up at the next level. Technique is somewhat raw and he could struggle against quicker defensive linemen.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

We need MapU for U.S. Americans, like such as.

Posted by: MsTeenSouthCarolina | June 24, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

He helped Joshua fight the battle of Jericho, he helped Daniel get out the lion's den, he helped Gilligan get off the island.

Posted by: Reverand Brown | June 24, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

"Rinehart is a solid athlete with excellent feet"

Just how does one measure the excellence of feat?

Posted by: John D In Houston | June 24, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

"Just taste the soup" - Coming to America

BONG!

Posted by: BigMurf08 | June 24, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: REdcoat | June 24, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Man goes into a restaurant and he sits down and he's having a bowl of soup. He says to the waiter "Waiter, come taste this soup."

Waiter says "Is there something wrong with the soup?"

He goes "Taste the soup."

He says "Is there something wrong with the soup? Is the soup too hot?"

Hey says "Will you taste the soup?"

What's wrong is the soup too cold?"

"Will you just taste the soup?!"

"Alright, I'll taste the soup!"

"Where's the spoon?"

"AHA!"

Posted by: Saul | June 24, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Your schwartz is bigger than mine.

Posted by: What about space balls. | June 24, 2008 3:48 PM | Report abuse

nads

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Yeah it has been a while.

Been doing the training thing and am finally back in the real world.

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | June 24, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat - I'll be damned. I guess you can quantify just about anything these days.

Posted by: John D in Houston | June 24, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back, Cheyenne!

Long time no blog.

-Nate in the PDX

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Jackson made a bit of a name for himself with a strong showing at the Hula Bowl in practice and during the game. The 6-foot-4, 259-pound Jackson is not known as a pass rusher, but he showed the ability to get into the backfield in Hawaii.

Posted by: Anonymous | June 24, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

To those of you that were/are paying attention (and from the looks of the vote count many of you are) Chief Zee managed to take out that moronic yardbird mascot from Pukedelphia and has moved on to some retarded mascot from Minnesota. Commanding lead so far but only about 400 votes at this time. Take a second and vote:

Posted by: scampbell1975 | June 24, 2008 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Can you believe there were 91,000 votes cast in the previous round!!!

Sounds like a lot of people need something better to do.... :)

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 4:19 PM | Report abuse

B'eep B'eep!

Posted by: Redcoat | June 24, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Holy Grail, no contest.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | June 24, 2008 4:58 PM | Report abuse

We signed Rob Johnson again?!?!?!?!?!....oh wait Rob JACKSON.....

Posted by: chris LArry | June 24, 2008 5:10 PM | Report abuse