Redskins sign free agent lineman Lichtensteiger

Lost amidst all the coaching headlines this week was news that Mike Shanahan has signed his first free agent since taking over as Redskins' head coach - and it's a player with whom he's plenty familiar. And if you keep track of such things, the first player Shanahan brought to the Redskins is indeed an offensive lineman.

The Redskins quietly signed Kory Lichtensteiger, a 6-foot-3, 295-pounder who can play both guard and center. Lichtensteiger will be entering his third season in the league, having played his rookie year under Shanahan in Denver.

A product of Bowling Green State, Lichtensteiger was drafted by Shanahan in the fourth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He was expected to play both center and guard, but lasted just one season there. Lichtensteiger was cut by the Broncos and new head coach Josh McDaniels following Denver's 2009 training camp. He most recently played for Minnesota, who released him Sept. 30.

Lichtensteiger was active for all 16 games during his rookie season in Denver but saw no action last season. ...

By Rick Maese  |  January 14, 2010; 1:57 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bobby Turner officially named running backs coach
Next: Shanahan's coaching staff: the story so far

Comments

Not only that, but his beer is delicious!

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 14, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

"The Redskins quietly signed Kory Lichtensteiger, a 6-foot-3, 295-pounder who can play both guard and center.."

6' 3", 295 pounds?

Like we said, linemen long and lean.

Maulers need not apply.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 14, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Moe - I still want the beef at LT. You need to protect your investment at QB (whoever that ends up being).

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 14, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Let the Shanahan era begin with a modest fourth rounder, cut by the Broncos and the Vikings. Younger, faster, meaner ....

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Ve need za Lichtensteiger to stoppen blitza like un ubermensch

Posted by: mattsoundworld | January 14, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Let the training begin. Good move. Centers are smart. Build around him.

I just hope Has-been works out.

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Backup for Rabach? Wait, isn't Casey a FA? So maybe this guy ends up competing for a starting spot...

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | January 14, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Oline guys that have names like Litchensteiger are awesome! Makes it sound like they can play... ha! I hope he can.

Somehow I get the feeling he's much better being a 4th round selection vs a Vinny's gang of homeless guys off the skreet.

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | January 14, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | January 14, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

I'd love to have him as a backup to Edwin Williams with Williams being the new starting center.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | January 14, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

write some more its good for laughs....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 1:52 PM

SkinsneedaGM's most classic is trading the 4th overall pick to Denver for Kyle Orton.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

"I can see a trade like this happening, with a few more twists. AZ needs the next QB to replace Warner and Leinhart doesn't seem to be it. Shanahan might want to go away from Campbell, though it'd leave a void in 2010.

I think you add Cooley (or Davis) to the deal -- guys Campbell has a good repore with already -- and that increases the value to AZ without hurting this team much, as 2 pass catching TEs aren't on the field together that often. Leinhart might be another piece in the deal, a placeholder QB with potential to win the job.

Boldin will demand a big price tag, which will be an obstacle. I suspect that Danny's free spending days on big name guys is going to end until this team starts to win.

Posted by: zcezcest1"

huh? this seems like a monumentally dumb idea, and i love Boldin

Posted by: chrislarry |

How so? If Shanahan has decided Campbell isn't the QB he wants, then its a matter of when he gets rid of him, not if he gets rid of him. So what does he gets in return?

The Cooley/Davis part helps AZ upgrade their pass offense in the absense of Boldin without much downside for our offense. Leinhart is the guy that replaces Campbell because we need a QB. Leinhart would become the placeholder instead of Campbell.

We upgrade at WR by a bunch, downgrade at QB (but we're assuming Shanahan was going to make a change there anyway), downgrade at TE a little bit (since Cooley and Davis wouldn't be on the field together that often). Balance the trade by sending us a pick or 2 (since we're parting with 2 starters) and there is reason for both teams to think it thru.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | January 14, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Okay, Lichtensteiger was taken with the 108th pick in the draft. Chad Reinhardt was the 96th pick. Let's see who gets on the field more this year.

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

"I still want the beef at LT. You need to protect your investment at QB (whoever that ends up being)."

I'm not saying I agree with what kind of guys Shanny likes, I'm just saying this is the kind of change we should all expect to see.

We wanted an improved line, and we'll get an improved line.

The players just will be leaner, smarter, more athletic, and no name types from no name schools.

I betcha a lot of them will have been converted from high school tight ends to college tackle/guard to take advantage of athleticism and running ability.

It's the change we wanted.

And it's the change we'll get.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 14, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

I like this signing. If nothing else it sets the tone and shows that he seems to understand our biggest needs. Bring em long and lean, great. That said, maulers certainly need apply. Come on, MAN!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Portis pockets..
You sampled one game where Flacco only had 10 attempts?
I sampled 16 games from NFL.Com..

Who exactly is cherry picking?
Of the two QBs, who would you want with the game on the line in the last 2 minutes?

Over 16 games
Joe Flacco 1st Qtr = 77.9
4th Qtr last 7 minutes = 77.1

Jason Campbell 1st Qtr = 69.8
4th Qtr last 7 minutes = 61.0
===================================

JC 1st Qtr = 69.8

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | January 14, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Since you do a good job cherry-picking stats, here's one for you to consider.

Joe Flacco won a playoff game in which his QB rating was 10.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | January 14, 2010 2:03 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | January 14, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Moe - if it works, I'm all for it.

I'm just holding my breath at getting smaller lineman and hope they play well just cause they get sprinkled with Shanny dust.

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 14, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

z, please don't feel the need to bring that stuff over to a new post......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

My concern is Shanny getting these "long/lean", lighter, more mobile OLmen. How you think an OL like this is going to stand up to the huge front 7 of dallass? Not good I would guess.

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | January 14, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

amen, Moe!

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Super Gut Herr Shanahan! I like this already

Posted by: iH8dallas | January 14, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I don't understand why zone blocking is being misinterpreted as "we don't need mashers and maulers" All due respect, I think that's a flawed and misguided precept. You ain't getting by in this league with a bunch of sub-300 pounders up front.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

...Which suggests to me that Mike Williams shouldn't make any long-term financial commitments. . .

Posted by: rbpalmer | January 14, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

Portis pockets..
You sampled one game where Flacco only had 10 attempts?
I sampled 16 games from NFL.Com..

Who exactly is cherry picking?

Over 16 games
Joe Flacco 1st Qtr = 77.9
4th Qtr last 7 minutes = 77.1

Jason Campbell 1st Qtr = 69.8
4th Qtr last 7 minutes = 61.0
===================================

JC 1st Qtr = 69.8

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | January 14, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Who had the better line, coaching, running game and overall personnel?? Stats only tell a piece of the overall picture.

Posted by: NYSkinsFan1 | January 14, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Wow...Just Wow...

We picked up an OLineman with out using the 4th pick in the draft on him! A-Ma-Zing!

(Turn Sarcasim Off)

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 14, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Yay! Offensive linemen!

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | January 14, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbpalmer | January 14, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse
---------------------------

At least none which involve Johnny Rockets

Posted by: mattsoundworld | January 14, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Lichtensteiger...love the name!

The unspoken thing here is that Shanny really pays attention to his drafts...he saw something in this kid years ago and probably saw he hasn't been used to his potential....we can only hope Shanny is paying attention to this draft as well and is smart with the 4th pick and gets us Okung (another great name!)

Before anyone gets bent...I know it's not about the names but wow... Lichtensteiger would make a great shirt ! HA!

Posted by: rot8tor_man | January 14, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Signing this lineman means nothing. Didn't we do the same last year with the likes of D'Anthony Batiste, Devin Clark, etc. Doesn't mean this dude will make the squad.

Posted by: dcwun | January 14, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

I feel sorry for the guy who puts the names on the back of the uniforms. I mean, if they had a problem with 'Betts'...good luck.

Posted by: walkdwalk | January 14, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

You want centers to be mobile and agile so they can move to help out the guards or get to the 2nd level and block the linebackers.

Right tackle and your guards should be the maulers.

Posted by: dfbovey | January 14, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Seems like maybe we're going with 'speed' instead of 'braun' on offense....

Hard to argue with that as 6 of the last 8 teams left this year employ that strategy..

And the 2 who don't (Jets, Ravens) will likely lose this weekend.

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 14, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

There's a big-time breath of fresh air blowin' thru Ashburn right now. Love it!!

Posted by: stevek20147 | January 14, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

~draft time
Ryan Clady was 6'6'' 317.
Russell Okung is 6'6'' 305

I don't know why we think Shanahan won't like Okung. Okung is a guy that could probably do great in any system. That's why he's such an elite prospect. If you read both Clady and Okung's scouting reports both reports typically say:

strengths
Good lateral movement
very Good pass protection
very Good run blocker
very good lower body strength
Great fit in zone blocking scheme
very Athletic
long arms

weaknesses
could hit the weight room more

Seems to me that they are very similar.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | January 14, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

don't be surprised if the skins sign rex grossman. shanahan likes gunslingers, rex is a helluva gunslinger.

Posted by: tryumpfant | January 14, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

"The Redskins quietly signed Kory Lichtensteiger, a 6-foot-3, 295-pounder who can play both guard and center."

REDSKIN INSIDER

Oh Hell, Cerrato could have done that, signing an undersized lineman who didn't play at all last year.--THE CORK

Posted by: League-Source |

How fast and mean can he be if he can't even crack the lineup?

Posted by: TheCork | January 14, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

I think the current Skins Olmen will be going on a diet of some sorts this off-season. It's all about quickness and toughness.

Posted by: TWISI | January 14, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

We wanted an improved line, and we'll get an improved line.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 14, 2010 2:14 PM

The story about Okung is that he is the fast, lean, and punchy type, like D'Brickashaw Ferguson. The prime mauler OT candidate (the Samuels-prototype) is the guy from Rutgers whose name always evades my memory cells. If you look at the youtubes of Okung, he does move really F-ing fast ... so the speed rushers like Peppers, etc. get deep into the backfield and fast, but Okung maintains a lane that just keeps running the guy further and further back and past the QB. Sure, there's no pocket left on that side, but there is no defensive end crashing in.

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Wow...Just Wow...

(Turn Sarcasim Off)

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 14, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

That deserves another COME ON, MAN!! I guess the chic chick version of that = FAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcwun | January 14, 2010 2:28 PM

Agreed...This is his 3rd team since 2008. If he makes the team great, if not oh well.

The good news with Shanny is if they can play they will and if not they will be cut. ie Rhino.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

You sampled one game where Flacco only had 10 attempts?
I sampled 16 games from NFL.Com..

Who exactly is cherry picking?

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | January 14, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

I would only agree that both our stats don't tell a whole story.

I don't care who the QB is next year. I can go with whatever Shanny/Allen decide.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | January 14, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

what was Lichtensteiger's wonderlic score?

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

"fast, lean, and punchy type"

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

He needs to add 10-20 pounds to compete in the NFC East. 295 okay, but he'll get pushed around upfront, he'll always need help and that will take away from the guard picking up blitzes up the middle.

Posted by: impervious99 | January 14, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Them brothas are irish like I'm a smart white man pretending to be black, which, after all, is the definition of a cool azz brother in the first place.

Posted by: MistaMoe

Cool ass brotha = Me

What you described = Inside out oreo

And yet again, I find myself in the thick of some bullsh*t racial debate. With a "brotha" at that...

Interesting Moe, where in the above does it suggest that I'm calling you an "oreo"? You said: "Them brothas are irish like I'm a smart white man pretending to be black..."

How I understand this is that WR-TE-WR aren't anymore Irish than you are a smart white man pretending to be black...

Then you said: "which, after all, is the definition of a cool azz brother in the first place."

So this is why I said:

"Cool ass brotha = Me

What you described = Inside out oreo"

Which is to say that a "brotha" is a black dude, and a white dude who "pretends to be black" is the opposite of the traditional "oreo" -- black on the outside, white the outside. And besides, arent't you black? If so, then how the f_ck can you be an INSIDE out oreo?

If I misunderstood what you're were saying from the jump, my bad. But if you were misunderstood me...

But you know what? F_ck how you feel about it! A muthafugga can't include the words black or white without someone trying to accuse of dude of calling them a racist.

Yep, b*itches, I hate all white people, I hate black people who try and act white, sh*t, I even hate your muthafuggin mama!

So there you have it. Mines as well live up to the collective sentiment up here.

Posted by: RedDMV | January 14, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

"I'm telling you if Shanahan poans to win with undersized OLinemen, he's the next Spurrier, not the next Gibbs 1.0"

1. Gibbs 1.0 worked more than 20 years ago, we should not be trying to emulate that, this league is a passing league....

2. What does 'poans' mean?

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

"..if it works, I'm all for it...I'm just holding my breath at getting smaller lineman..."

Agreed.

We can't complain about getting the change we wanted.

But consider this:

Knowshon Moreno 310 yards (a 4.1 avg.) against all NFC East teams, plus the ravens and the stillers.

The lowest production he had actually was against the AFC teams.

And of course, denver threw the ball well.

So maybe there's some method to Shanny's athletic linemen madness, even in the vaulted NFC East.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 14, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

red, I thought you were talking about a new kind of cookie....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Let's hope we make better moves than this going forward, eh Shanny?

Posted by: 4skinz | January 14, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Red you can't hate all white people AND profess to like Def Leppard.

Posted by: chrislarry | January 14, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

~draft time
Ryan Clady was 6'6'' 317.
Russell Okung is 6'6'' 305

strengths
Good lateral movement
very Good pass protection
very Good run blocker
very good lower body strength
Great fit in zone blocking scheme
very Athletic
long arms

weaknesses
could hit the weight room more

Seems to me that they are very similar.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | January 14, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse
A very overlooked statistic for OT is arm length. It can differentiate a good OT from a great OT.

Posted by: frediefritz | January 14, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Rotfrau will be back to tout Lichtensteiger. What does that mean? "Thin overseer" is what I get out of Google.

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

"F_ck how you feel about it! A muthafugga can't include the words black or white without someone trying to accuse of dude of calling them a racist."

If this is how all 'real black people' respond, then count me out.

I prefer not to participate in a fight where all I have is brains and my opponent profanity.

So I guess I'll just be an uncle tom oreo lacking a negro dialect like the president.

And a sports fan all at the same time.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 14, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

RedD, did I read you straight? You hate all white people?

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | January 14, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Me Too. I do like Campbell's upside but I am pretty sure Shanny/Allen will be a better judge than I.

Posted by: NYSkinsFan1 | January 14, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

You people are yo yoing to much over a end of roster body. He isnt the next starting center and he isn't a rune that Shanny is the next spurrier.

He was a dude sitting out there that Shanny knows. This team needs warm boddies all over the place on the oline and they are starting to bring them in...

Chill...dam

Posted by: chrislarry | January 14, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

bad post Diesel, why?
I never said that..and you're welcome to show me that statement...if you can..
I said Orton was the best RFA QB depending on what he cost... But, not to trade this year's 4th pick straight up...
===================================

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 2:14 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | January 14, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

what was Lichtensteiger's wonderlic score?

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

he was too busy eating pumpernickel and drinking Jagermeister

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | January 14, 2010 2:36 PM |

You're still okay with Red people, aren't you?

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

red don't hate white people, he just gets frustrated sometimes....

cl, no kidding, nothing more than roster fodder...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 2:42 PM

Rotfrau is long gone and he changed his handle and persona to OptimisticOne and he too has left the building.

What kind of weirdo changes their handle?

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

he was too busy eating pumpernickel and drinking Jagermeister

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I like him already!! hehe.

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

RedD, did I read you straight? You hate all white people?

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------

I think he was being stereotypical/sarcastic. Or he could hate me

Posted by: mattsoundworld | January 14, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Lisa won't be happy; from his last name he sounds like a white guy.

Posted by: isnadd | January 14, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Moe - You lack Negreo Dialect?

Why didn't you throw your hat in for Redskins Head Coach?

Are you light enough?

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 14, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Wonder how long Big Mike Williams lasts on the roster...

Oh well, maybe the experiment will continue and he'll get picked up when Vinny Cerratto gets a chance to GM another team...

...BWAAHAAHAA!!

Posted by: p1funk | January 14, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

AZ needs the next QB to replace Warner and Leinhart doesn't seem to be it. ... Leinhart might be another piece in the deal, a placeholder QB with potential to win the job.

Posted by: zcezcest1

At the risk of piling on, this one is straight tart based on nada. You don't pull a hot QB, a Super Bowl QB, for the guy in the wings. That's like saying that Aaron Rodgers didn't have "it" because the Packers were keeping Favre as the starting QB. Barring injury, next year Leinart will be taking every snap and playing well (or so history and wise coaching would lead one to believe).

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 2:42 PM

Rotfrau's fun got spoiled here when he realized folks could simply take his German posts and run them through the Google translator.

Posted by: p1funk | January 14, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Whatever, Moe. Obviously, you ass isn't too smart, because you lack reading comprehension. I guess those dudes was right about that concussion you took some years back.

Admit it, you rushed to a conclusion, you're ass was CALLED the f_ck out over it, now you want to hide behind some bullsh*t moral rationality. So take that smug bullsh*t somewhere else, homeboy...

I would you ALL would know that I really don't hate white people. But since, Moe wants to believe that I think he's an INSIDE out oreo (which would suggest that he's actually a white guy), I mean why the hell stop there... so yeah, I hate all white people, including oreo black people.

Posted by: RedDMV | January 14, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Moe - You lack Negreo Dialect?

Why didn't you throw your hat in for Redskins Head Coach?

Are you light enough?

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 14, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

4thFloor, I'm demanding that you resign from...errr, the 4th floor.

Posted by: p1funk | January 14, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

so yeah, I hate all white people, including oreo black people.

Posted by: RedDMV | January 14, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

But Red.

If there were no white people, who would take care of all the black people?

Posted by: p1funk | January 14, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

What kind of weirdo changes their handle?

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 2:48 PM

Guys who can figure out how to change their handle? What kind of a weirdo doesn't change his handle? Sheesh.

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

bad post Diesel, why?
I never said that..and you're welcome to show me that statement...if you can..
===================================

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 2:14 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | January 14, 2010 2:46 PM

I gave you several opportunities to go back on your statement. You didn't and dug yourself a pretty big hole. I don't have the patience or desire to dig it deeper for you by going thru your Kyle Orton past love posts.

You may have been under some sort of influence and can't remember, but I'm sure others do.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

With RedDMV's NEgreo Dialect....No Way could he join the Shanahan Staff...

But, if Buges ever gets a Head Coaching spot, he would hire you Reds...because he doesn't look at Negreo Dialect...He just looks to see how many cuss words can come out your mouth per minute.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 14, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

"So take that smug bullsh*t somewhere else, homeboy..."

mistamoe is:

a. smug

b. an oreo

c. a homeboy

Which one?

I go with smug.

I think the white folks have been entertained enough, red.

I didn't jump to any conclusions.

But it appears, by the nature of your ascerbic response, that you have.

It's all good.

I'm out. I got work to do.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 14, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Some things never change- death, taxes, and RedDMV acting like an a$$ on here.

And Red, tell your momma I'll be over around 10 tonight to work it over.

Posted by: richard_cranium | January 14, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 2:58 PM

Good point T_E.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Ok...what did Lisa say? I missed it?

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 14, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

showtime..in 5....4....3....2..

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

what was Lichtensteiger's wonderlic score?

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 2:34 PM

I don't think you recognize how hard it is to fill in that many dots on standardized tests just to complete the portion that has your last name.

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Hey, this was a statement signing. It says, "We understand where the problem is and we're getting started right away on fixing it." The guy probably isn't anything special but the statement is a good one. I like the fact that the first guy he signed was also a former player of his.

Now, can he lure Jake Plummer out of retirement?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | January 14, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | January 14, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

so that passes for comedy these days. So if someone wrote "Go to hell, n!-ger" Is that funny? No, it's hateful and pathetic, just as your comment was.

Go away man. Drama doesn't find you, you find it. You're a mean person who is apparently so unsatisfied with his life that he has to pick people off on a blog by talking about their moms and then "joke" about racial hatred on top of it. Hilarious!!

Some people never make it past the 5th grade literally, some figuratively. I guess with you it was a daily double.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

1. Red needs a hug.

2. 4th Floor, in reality, is now 1st Floor.

3. Who is Bobby Turner and what has he done for me lately?

4. What was Blache's position title when Grilliams was here and is Jerry Gray going to get that title? [I don't even remember ... was Blache a position coach?]

5. Is Olivadotti still here?

6. Did anyone ever respond to my question about the barbecue place in Manhatten where I can watch this weekend's games?

7. Do I ask too many questions?

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

what was Lichtensteiger's wonderlic score?

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 2:34 PM

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

LOL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

time to get some work done.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

[Peeking in to blog]

Eh, nevermind.

Posted by: 4-12 | January 14, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

I think it means "zone blocking" in german.
=====

Rotfrau will be back to tout Lichtensteiger.
What does that mean? "Thin overseer" is what I get out of Google.

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 2:42 PM

Posted by: cliftonbiz | January 14, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Ok...what did Lisa say? I missed it?

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 14, 2010 3:01 PM

She had remarked about the (so far universal) whiteness of the new coaching hires.

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | January 14, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

__________________________________________

Maybe we should all take English classes & become English Americans...

Posted by: tony325 | January 14, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:05 PM |

Prepare to have this turned around against you...

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 14, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween

I thought it was that she didn't like the job that the previous white coaches were doing?

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 14, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:07 PM

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

[Peeking in to blog]

Eh, nevermind.

Posted by: 4-12 | January 14, 2010 3:08 PM

000000000000000000000000000000000000000

4-12..
you been offered any $$$ for your handle?

Posted by: cliftonbiz | January 14, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

From JReid ... "Defensive end Andre Carter underwent surgery Thursday to repair his torn bicep muscle. Carter, who played through the injury, said in a text message that the procedure went "well.""

Did we ever hear about Andre Carter having a bicep injury, much less requiring surgery?* I remember that Philip Daniels had a partial tear of something (bicep or tricep), but I don't even remember either ever being on an injury report.

* I'm off hyphens today ... its question day.

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

1. Red needs a hug.

2. 4th Floor, in reality, is now 1st Floor.

3. Who is Bobby Turner and what has he done for me lately?

5. Is Olivadotti still here?

7. Do I ask too many questions?

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

2. I think his lack of admission that Russell Okung is the next Joe Montana makes his basement efficiency at this point. But I dig the 4th.
3. I don't know but his name would suggest he's probably made a series of adult videos lately
4. Me thinks Grey is gone
5. Kirk? Didn't know he ever left...or that he was ever here...
6. No clue
7. Of course. Don't change

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Sween - I stand corrected.

So NOT HAPPY about this. I've never been impressed with Haslett. And not impressed with our all white coaching staff.

Posted by: Lisa_R | January 12, 2010 9:54 PM

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 14, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

5. Is Olivadotti still here?

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:07 PM

From the original Redskins Inisder, Jason LaCanfora (@JasonLaCanfora) via Twitter:

Kyle Shanahan's first day as Redskins offensive coordinator comes Fri with his wife just having a child. Richard Mann almost certain to be named the team's WR coach by the weekend and Scott Wachenheim strong candidates to remain TE coach by Monday. On the defensive side safeties coach Steve Jackson and LB coach Kirk Olivadotti both interviewed with Mike Shanahan. Jackson could keep his job while Olivadotti in line to be assistant LB coach. Skins special teams coach Danny Smith denied permission to interview with Seattle, Pitt, and Detroit and thus will remain with Skins for at least another season. Shanahan set to tell all coaches in DC where they stand by Monday.

Posted by: mmeixler | January 14, 2010 4:35 AM |

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

SI draft report on:

Kory Lichtensteiger

BIOGRAPHY: Four-year starter who began his career at guard before moving to center as a junior. All-Conference selection the past three years.

POSITIVES: Tough interior blocker with an outstanding head for the game. Feisty, blocks with a nasty attitude, and works well with teammates. Smart, quarterbacks the offensive line, and does the little things well. Quickly gets his hands into defenders, jolts them with good punch, and easily rides them from their angle of attack. Effective in pass protection, showing the ability to slide in a small area then seal defenders from the action with good body positioning. Keeps his head on a swivel, picks up blitzes, and makes great use of angles.

NEGATIVES: Average run-blocker who does not drive opponents off the line. Slightly stiff and must improve his agility. Had surgery late in February to repair a torn labrum and may not be 100% in time for camp.

ANALYSIS: Lichtensteiger is a savvy blocker who's been productive since his early college days. Possesses the skills, smarts, and motivation to compete for a job at any of the interior blocking positions.

PROJECTION: Middle Fifth Round

Posted by: TWISI | January 14, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Rypien, that's a preposterous thought...haha

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween |

Linehart had a 64 rating, 3 picks and 0 TDs in 77 pass attempts in '09. Guessing AZ isn't overly confident in him yet.

and yeah Beantown, I'll bring whatever Boldin stuff I wanna bring over.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | January 14, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

you been offered any $$$ for your handle?

Posted by: cliftonbiz | January 14, 2010 3:11 PM

He's been ordered to stay away from the blog -- he's a J-I-N-X.

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Another Lichensteiger??!! What's next, the Hansen Twins? Maybe Hans and Franz?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

JC 1st Qtr = 69.8

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | January 14, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Since you do a good job cherry-picking stats, here's one for you to consider.

Joe Flacco won a playoff game in which his QB rating was 10.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8

and our O line got dominated on the first series in every game, maybe because they lacked the athletic talent to fane ANY opposing D line, add in no running threat and no receiving threat, BAM.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | January 14, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

...I hate all white people... sometimes...

.... meh....

....

maps.

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

'tis better to be thought a fool, than to bring a stupid post over and remove all doubt'............

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

You trying out to be the next Dr. Phil with your blog posting psychoanalysis sh*t?

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | January 14, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

"One thing became clear after listening to the Browns' new decision-makers this week: They want to do something about the team's quarterback situation. So it's very possible that the Browns will enter the 2010 season with their eighth starting quarterback in 12 years and seventh in the last eight years. When it comes to finding the next Browns' quarterback, you have to start with Mike Holmgren and Tom Heckert. That leads you to three primary candidates -- Matt Hasselbeck of Seattle, and Donovan McNabb and Kevin Kolb of Philadelphia."
-Cleveland Plain Dealer

++++++++++++++++

Maybe this is Holmgren's chance to give JZ & JC that fair shot they deserve, eh?

Posted by: p1funk | January 14, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

thx, t_e_, I see some TVs, but that doesn't seem like the one peeps were hooting about (b/c the entree part looks a tad pricey).

dcsween's non-unique perspective on this weekend ...

The recently non-hot New Orleans does not get squadooshed by the way hot Cardinals by smacking the Cards in the mouth in the 1st quarter. Grilliams brings thunder and lightning.

Chargers are not ahead at the half (covering ties) b/c Jets keep the Chargers off the field by running the ball and short passing. Jets kill in time of possesion in the first half (tune in late, the score blossoms in the second half). Norv, like Dallas, breaks his curse and wins.

Ravens fall behind early and can't catch up. Pierre Garcon has a huge day. Colts by about 10.

Vikings beats Dallas. F Dallas.

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

never doubted you Bean, not at all. Been obvious for a long time. Except for the PFT guys, they're amazed at how you scoop them.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | January 14, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

We're KEEPING DSmith?! egads. Oh nooooh... we suck agaaaaiiinnnn.

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

this has been real. Go Skins! Go Terps! Go Sween!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:21 PM

You're probably right. Maybe CL knows the right answer. I went there twice a few years ago but it was for the BBQ, not the TVs. The food was great. And all entrees in Manhattan look a tad pricey.

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

yeah z, please regale us with more tales of JC/Cooley or Davis for Boldin and maybe a pick or two...that just was so spot on....love when madden/reality meet....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Psychoanalysis? It takes a PhD to call that racist and immature?

Oh..it's you PPStr8, DMV's lackey...makes perfect sense.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

btw - I just did a sample wonderlic. It was hard. I did ok, I guess.

They were "wrong" on a question. They showed 5 polygons and aksed which one was the most different. I picked one which only had one right angle. They picked one that had more than four sides.

It's subjective. I would say that's the difference between and optimist and a pesimist..not that I can spell that.

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Notwithstanding Lisa's scorn, Richard Mann and Steve Jackson are much much less white than one might be led to believe.

zcezcest, Leinart's snaps to date have not been after a week, much less a preseason, of practicing with starting receivers.

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

dcsween's non-unique perspective on this weekend ...

Vikings beats Dallas. F Dallas.

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Are you signing a no liability clause because I just ponied up $10K on each of these picks.

I kid I kid. It was only $5K.

Time to work. Later all. HTTR

p.s. DRAFT OKUNG

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Psychoanalysis? It takes a PhD to call that racist and immature?

Oh..it's you PPStr8, DMV's lackey...makes perfect sense.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | January 14, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

In your own words.

"You're a mean person who is apparently so unsatisfied with his life that he has to pick people off on a blog by talking about their moms and then "joke" about racial hatred on top of it."

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | January 14, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

when did 295 become undersized and lean? I have a feeling 6 lbs would change that perception.

just like the magical muber for Portis' critics is 100 yds rushing, combined yards didn't count, 99 yards doesn't count

Posted by: pabrian2003 | January 14, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Take the bar mentality and apply it to RI.

There are ugly, average, and hotties at the bar.

Sometimes it's better to ignore the ugly chicks and focus on the others.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

I can see why Richard Mann sticks with using his full first name.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 14, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

If JZ was on board with Snyder's peddling of JC last March.. I dont think the 2009 season changed his mind.
JZ may be very glad to have JC in his rear view mirror (and probably vice versa).
===================================

Posted by: p1funk | January 14, 2010 3:20 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | January 14, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | January 14, 2010 3:25 PM

Did they have waitresses of ample bosom and tight shirts? Maybe I should ask this a different way ... does Hooters have decent barbecue?

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

btw - I just did a sample wonderlic. It was hard. I did ok, I guess.

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 3:27 PM

That's what she said.

Posted by: Rypien11 | January 14, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

I can see why Richard Mann sticks with using his full first name.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 14, 2010 3:31 PM

C'MON, man(n)!

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | January 14, 2010 2:36 PM

Do Mullatos and Octaroons skate in your hate-filled Universe?

Are you like the racists of old who said, even one drops of African Blood made an otherwise white person a black who had to drink from the colored fountains, eat at the back door and sleep in their car most nights because no motel would take them?

You're just another Lester Maddox or George Wallace (the gov, not the comedian) or Grand Kleagle with different colored skin.

Oh wait, you were being bitter? That makes it all okay then.

Posted by: TheCork | January 14, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

so who up here is calling to draft Bradford? with all the Campbell haters, oh excuse me, dislikers, no one seems to be touting Bradford, so let's hear it.

Posted by: pabrian2003 | January 14, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

btw - I just did a sample wonderlic. It was hard. I did ok, I guess.

Posted by: DikShuttle | January 14, 2010 3:27 PM

HOF Danny Marino wonderlic score 13

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Sween: Hill Country

u in nyc this weekend? wanna party? hit me up via the FB!

Posted by: chrislarry | January 14, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

happy happy joy joy...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

===================================

Posted by: p1funk | January 14, 2010 3:20 PM

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | January 14, 2010 3:31 PM

Posted by: cliftonbiz | January 14, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

not predicting it'll happen, just saying that if Shanahan has decided that JC isn't the future, he'll be looking to trade him. Note the 'if' -- I don't know what Shanahan thinks of Campbell.

If that's the way Shanahan thinks, then you see where you can get the most value.

Among the places where Campbell would bring the best value are teams where existing QBs are nearing the end, like AZ and Minn.

That makes sense.

Boldin wants out of AZ. So he could be part of a trade.

We have excess TE, so the #2 TE isn't worth as much to us as it would be to another team. AZ has nothing special at TE.

Last part is that Shanny would need a QB to take the hits while he gets a guy in here that he wants. Linehart becomes the stopgap instead of Campbell.

I know, logic isn't your strong suit, but follow the bouncing Boldin and you'll see.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | January 14, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

I can see why Richard Mann sticks with using his full first name.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 14, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

haha, nice. For more immature laughs, someone google the name of the Cincinnati Reds pitching coach...

Posted by: mattylight | January 14, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

McCoy noodle arm
Bradford noodle shoulder
Jason Campbell noodle _________________?

====================================

Posted by: pabrian2003 | January 14, 2010 3:34 PM

Posted by: cliftonbiz | January 14, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | January 14, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Z, I think many would argue that we have an excess at the TE position. I for one believe we can use both effectively...

Posted by: mattylight | January 14, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Oh hell yes the Clippers are cursed.

Griffin out for the season, will have knee surgery. Kid was never seriously hurt until the Clips drafted him. Busted his kneecap when he landed wrong in preseason tilt--not touched.

My celebrity tie-in.

Surgery will be do by Dr. ElAtrache of Kerlan Jobe, who also did Tom Brady's knee. I saw him once for a second opinion on a torn Meniscus another doc wanted to cut for. He said "no," I just had arthritis spurs. Rest would cure me.

That was 14 years ago and I'm still pain free in that knee. I did, however, pull a hammie last night walking into a movie theater.

Posted by: TheCork | January 14, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Take the bar mentality and apply it to RI.

There are ugly, average, and hotties at the bar.

Sometimes it's better to ignore the ugly chicks and focus on the others.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse
----------------------------------

The problem is if you hang at the bar long enough, there are no ugly chicks

Posted by: mattsoundworld | January 14, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

matty, Dick Pole has offered you a position on his staff.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 14, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Could someone pronounce Lichtensteiger's name please?

Posted by: garyolney | January 14, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Could someone pronounce Lichtensteiger's name please?

Posted by: garyolney | January 14, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Of course what I meant to say was, many would argue your claim that we have an excess at the TE spot...

Posted by: mattylight | January 14, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Lets hear it for signing a MAC lineman, the most underrated Mid-Major Conference in college football, where cold weather makes men in to men.

Posted by: alex35332 | January 14, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

matty, Dick Pole has offered you a position on his staff.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 14, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

well played...

Posted by: mattylight | January 14, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Core-y.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 14, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

"existing QBs are nearing the end, like AZ"

- they spend a 1st rounder on Leinart, I'm sure they're possibly interested in seeing what they have in him. But you're the logical one. Right...moving onto...

"We have excess TE"

- no, we have good depth at TE, trading Cooley, or Davis, puts Yoder into the #2 spot, when is then a WEAKNESS at TE...

But I'm the one who struggles with logic??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | January 14, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Sweeny - While you are up there...Please Please PLEASE keep CL away from my boss...

Also, Carter had the injury for the last 3/4 weeks and said he'll play with the injury....

Posted by: 4thFloor | January 14, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

JC, ARE, and Betts for Boldin. Hehe

Posted by: stevek20147 | January 14, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

I really hate to see all the racial comments. I thought that all RI posters are Maroon & Black.

Posted by: tigerjag3330 | January 14, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween

He started 2 games, both losses, knew he'd be starting both. Stats-wise, his best game was vs StL, when he came in relief.

I don't know how AZ sees Linehart. Clearly, they play Warner as long as Warner wants to play. But he's 38, so AZ has to be thinking about who they want throwing it to Fitz and Breaston if Kurt decides he's ready to call it a career. If they're happy with Linehart, they won't want Campbell. But Linehart is still mystery meat. Campbell isn't.

Throwing to Fitz, Breaston and Cooley behind the AZ OL, Campbell is probably a 90+ rated QB.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | January 14, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Could someone pronounce Lichtensteiger's name please?

Posted by: garyolney

lick-ten-sty-gurr

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | January 14, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

beep beeep

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | January 14, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

JC, ARE, and Betts for Boldin. Hehe

Posted by: stevek20147 | January 14, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

You forgot Rogers, BMW, and Rock

Posted by: mattylight | January 14, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

The problem is if you hang at the bar long enough, there are no ugly chicks

Posted by: mattsoundworld | January 14, 2010 3:39 PM

That's why I got beer lasiks.

Yes, HILL COUNTRY, that's it. Will hit FB.

Posted by: dcsween | January 14, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Could someone pronounce Lichtensteiger's name please?

Posted by: garyolney

lick-ten-sty-gurr

Posted by: 1965skinsfan

.......or "whitey" to Red.

Posted by: 1965skinsfan | January 14, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan tried to talk Buges out of retirement.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | January 14, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

I thought it was accepted that Linehart was a bust of a QB

Posted by: alex35332 | January 14, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Yeah still hating white people and all oreo black people.

Because that's what more than half of you thought any way before I even posted what I did today -- so I'm just living up to the sentiment of RI anyways...

Black Power -- F White People!

For those who arrived to the party late, I don't usually hate white people, just today because Moe suggested that I called him an oreo (which I didn't). So, why only hate blacks trying to be white? Why nt hate the source of their desire? So yeah, I hate white people. It make sense don't it? I'm just on some racial bullsh*t for the ext 20 minutes or so.

And in case you're still wondering, I still hate white people.

Posted by: RedDMV | January 14, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Take the bar mentality and apply it to RI.

There are ugly, average, and hotties at the bar.

Sometimes it's better to ignore the ugly chicks and focus on the others.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse
----------------------------------

The problem is if you hang at the bar long enough, there are no ugly chicks

Posted by: mattsoundworld | January 14, 2010 3:39 PM

Must be why so many people are responding to Red's nonsense.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

The more the merrier. When you see all the problems the line had this year, bring in anyone with potential and give them a shot. This guy seems to have been appealing a couple of times and is young, they can improve. Bring in as many of these types as you can. We got holes to fill.

Posted by: skins50 | January 14, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

I can see why Richard Mann sticks with using his full first name.

Posted by: SMACK1 | January 14, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mattylight | January 14, 2010 3:35 PM | Report abuse

haha. Dick Pole.

What's everyones feeling on Byron Westbrook?

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | January 14, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

And in case anyone was wondering, I meant how does everyone feel about Byron Westbrook's future in Washington? Or the NFL for that matter? Does he have the skills to play CB professionally? Is he going to be a starting or nickel corner for the Burgundy and Gold? Can he play football?????? AAAARRRRRGGHHHH!!!!!

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | January 14, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Could someone pronounce Lichtensteiger's name please?

Posted by: garyolney