Redskins, Virginia Lottery Strike Deal

The Redskins and the Virginia lottery announced a partnership that will feature a team-themed scratch-off ticket starting this season. The tickets will be sold at all Virginia lottery retailers and only in the Commonwealth.The partnership is the first between the team and the Virginia lottery after NFL owners voted Wednesday to allow teams to enter licensing deals with state lotteries.

By Gene Wang  |  May 22, 2009; 3:33 PM ET
 | Tags: NFL, Virginia lottery, Washington Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Over/Under on Skins' Wins: 8?
Next: Haynesworth and the 'T' Word

Comments

did Michael Vick murder someone?
did he embezzle money?
guilty of mail fraud?
Drunken driving?
Drug Policy of league broken?

No, No, no, no no.

Now he did participate in bullish behavior of animals, dogs.
For that he is guilty.

Vick is not a great QB, but folks there are 32 teams x 3 QB. That's 96 QB.
Of course I'd like to have Michael Vick as our #2 or 3 QB.
hey, let him rub back punts. Bet he'd do more than ARE has for us!

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | May 22, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

When you look at all positions, it is VERY RARE for a team with a Pro Bowl voted Qb to not make the playoffs; More so than any other position! At the very least, that Qb's team posted a winning record...

That being said, I expect our defense to finish top 10. I expect Portis to get his usual. And if Jason Campbell can at least play well enough earn a 1st or 2nd alternate to the Pro Bowl, then we have a chance to post 10 wins....

Posted by: Vicc | May 21, 2009 7:07 PM

Focusing on QB "recognition" such as Pro-Bowls is very deceptive, and part of the trap Snyder and Ceratto keep falling into. Players on good teams are recognized, players on bad teams often are not. Then there are QBs like Dan Marino and Sonny Jurgenson who never get to the Big Dance, but are recognized as the best. Elway was like that until late in his career when he got a real team around him.

If Big Ben played for the Detroit Lions and had the exact same individual season he had last year (even if he won a game or two for the Lions), he'd be viewed as a mediocre-to-bad QB.

Most of the Pro-Bowl QBs have been comfortable in their system for awhile and are on good teams. Thus, a backup QB like Matt Cassel can step in and look like an All-Pro for the Pats after 3 seasons of sitting on the bench learning the same system with a strong team. Byron Leftwich can step in for Big Ben and never miss a beat because 1) the Steelers are a solid team and 2) the QB doesn't have to win games for the Steelers--anything a QB does in Pittsburgh is extra.

JC17 can't have a pro-bowl year without adequate blockers and receievers. Neither could Big Ben, but he could get in position to win a Super Bowl with an outstanding team effort all year long on the other side of the ball.

Posted by: Alan4 | May 22, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | May 22, 2009 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Now he did participate in bullish behavior of animals, dogs.
For that he is guilty.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | May 22, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Bullish behavior? I think watching a dog get slammed repeatedly into the concrete until it was dead is far worse than bullish behavior.

There is a celebrity status that comes with playing in the NFL and Vick doesn’t deserve that anymore. He had his shot and he blew it. He just needs to find a basic 9 – 5 job and stay away from the limelight.

Posted by: az_david | May 22, 2009 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Track guys usually don't transition to NFL football, I only know of about 3 who did anything, mainly Bob Hayes of course, and then Willie Gault (Chicago) and Reynaldo Nehemia(San Fran)who flashed briefly.

Posted by: 72Redskins | May 18, 2009 12:20 PM
_______________________________________________

Darrell Green ???
Awfully tough for years!
Was a good student, coachable and his tackling improved very quickly in his career.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | May 22, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Great post... yawn... hey, where can I get an Edwin Williams tattoo? His face is starting to grow on me...

Posted by: SkinsfaninPeru | May 22, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

SkinsfaninPeru

How does a Skins fan wind up in Peru?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 22, 2009 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Maybe the Skins can get in the NBA lottery, we'd have a top 5 pick every year. We're the New York Knicks of the NFL anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BingCreole | May 22, 2009 4:32 PM | Report abuse

"Byron Leftwich can step in for Big Ben and never miss a beat because 1) the Steelers are a solid team and 2) the QB doesn't have to win games for the Steelers--anything a QB does in Pittsburgh is extra."

This is a common misconception that will probably dog Roethlisberger the way it did Terry Bradshaw and Bart Starr. Big Ben iS maddenlingly inconsistent. Sometimes he has games in which he looks like an amateur. But if you look at the playoffs and Super Bowl performances, it's apparent that he's arguably the most valuable player on that team -- the one who makes the biggest plays.

And Byron Leftwich, in that Skins game, essentially took over and won the game for Pittsburgh. It was a great individual effort and Mike Tomlin deserves considerable credit for putting him after the half.

The Steelers are an excellent team. They are not the New England Patriots of 2007. That team was far more consistent, and far more balanced, than this past season's Steelers. That they lost to NY doesn't diminish that achievement. That Pitt beat Arizona doesn't mean they're far superior to the rest of the league.

Pittsburgh's obvious weakness is in the offensive line, but their running attack is erratic (possibly related) and their defense, while outstanding, isn't the league's best.

Pittsburgh won last year's Super Bowl because Big Ben took over at the end, after the defense had begun to flag under the pressure of Arizona's passing attack.

That's the mark of a great QB.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 22, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

That's the mark of a great QB.

Posted by: Samson151

Sort of like what Campbell did vs AZ last season as well. Tosses a TD pass to break the tie and put the Skins up 7 in the 4th quarter.

The defense held and the Skins got the ball back. On the 3rd play of the next drive, Campbell tosses another TD pass to Devin Thomas to put the Skins up 2 scores -- except the play gets called back (anyone else remember that questionable penalty that had nothing to do with the play?).

Instead of a 68 yard TD, the Skins have 1st and 25 inside their own 20. But Campbell throws back to back passes to Moss for a 1st down. The drive, which could have ended quickly and badly (Suisham did miss the FG attempt, fwiw), instead takes up nearly half the 4th quarter and is key to the Skins win.

Campbell vs AZ in the 4th quarter: 4-5, 69 yards and a TD.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 22, 2009 5:06 PM | Report abuse

I do have to give Danny credit. The guy had the lottery deal locked up, he just needed to convince the owners to agree. And sure enough .... JACKPOT!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 22, 2009 5:09 PM | Report abuse

How does a Skins fan wind up in Peru?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 22, 2009 4:29 PM

I got Shanghaied

Posted by: SkinsfaninPeru | May 22, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

We span the globe, yes we do.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | May 22, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

The original conversation was about track stars like Usain Bolt, who have NO experience playing football trying to transition straight to the NFL.

Darrell Green played football AND ran track.

Posted by: 72Redskins | May 22, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

I've been saying for 2 years that JC is every bit as good as Big Ben, but Big Ben plays for a quality organization that drafts and coaches quality ballers everywhere on the field. JC has a better arm, is more mobile, and I sense commands the respect of his team mates; what Snyderrato fail to see is there own ineptitude at drafting/acquiring quality players along with their impatience with coaches and their systems.

For the 'Skins to crack 9 wins or more they must remain healthy along the lines the entire season. The young receivers will contribute by just staying healthy, too; if not there's no rock under which the Snyderrato can hide for their failure to acquire quality players.

Posted by: pdfordiii | May 22, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

who the hell is gene wang?

where is JLC? on vacation for the 8th time this year? that guy never puts in any work hardly anymore. other places are writing about the skins a few times a week, the post gets nothing.

JLC has helped to fracture the washposts relationship with the skins due to his ongoing feud with vinny ceratto. he has been wrong on a bunch of things that his 'sources' have told him the last couple years. he is getting fed false info on purpose at times. and that my friends is the truth

Posted by: X--E | May 22, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

I guess I do give a sh*t...

Posted by: frak | May 22, 2009 6:02 PM | Report abuse

zce: "So I hear what you're saying about a QB stepping up in the 4th quarter versus Arizona."

Well, you did leave out the part about it being the Super Bowl, but I think Jason Campbell is plenty good enough to lead a team like the Skins into the playoffs. And the numbers, I would argue, support that.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 22, 2009 6:05 PM | Report abuse

"Now he did participate in bullish behavior of animals, dogs.
For that he is guilty."

Redskins Ray..Are you an idiot or an Ass"*&%.. I say Ass:*&^%

Bullish my ass..The guy tourtured animals ...More than bullish.

Posted by: Tyler84101 | May 22, 2009 6:42 PM | Report abuse

I've lost track, can anyone top-ten the current RI blogger feuds? Is this available on the Wiki? It could prove a handy reference guide - an RI Opera Digest, if you will. Barno v JLC, Truth v T_E, etc. Or I could start paying attention and do it myself.

Make sure you include me and that deafening blowhard.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 22, 2009 6:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: az_david ******

well said David.

Redskins Ray, would you let him walk your dog? well, obviously you aren't a great judge of character, so forget the last question....

Posted by: lsskinsfan | May 22, 2009 6:48 PM | Report abuse

How does a Skins fan wind up in Peru?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 22, 2009 4:29 PM

I got Shanghaied

Posted by: SkinsfaninPeru

A couple of pisco sours and you're on a boat that makes a serious wrong turn? Good story. Whereabouts in Peru are you?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 22, 2009 7:17 PM | Report abuse

I feel the Redskins should attempt to trade ARE and a 6th rounder for Joshua Cribbs.

Or strait up if they'd do it.

Posted by: Vicc | May 22, 2009 7:56 PM | Report abuse

someone said pitts d wasn't the best in the league? What league were they watching? All these suggestions to trade randle el for a receiver still leaves us with only 2 proven receivers so what's the point ?

The solution lies in having 3 or 4 receivers not 2

Posted by: pabrian2003 | May 22, 2009 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Man, I know it's a holiday weekend but it just doesn't seem as if unemployment has stricken the MD/VA/DC area, cuz traffic is still just as clogged as Andy Reid's arteries, no matter the day, time, road, etc...

Posted by: Vicc | May 22, 2009 9:02 PM | Report abuse

Man...these blogs are wack!

Let me get it crackin'

I love...Darryl Green
I hated...Everson Walls

I loved...Clint Didier
I hated...Billy Joe Dupree

I loved...Magic Johnson
I hated...Isaiah Thomas

I loved...Patrick Ewing
I hated...Rick Mahorn

I loved...DC's Riverfest
I hate....Unifest

I loved...Janet from Three's Company
I hated...Chrissy

I loved.... Wes Unseld
I hated...every center after him

What about you?

Posted by: rickyroge | May 22, 2009 9:07 PM | Report abuse

And in the " I Love You, Sweet Leaf" Dep't.+

PAIN IS ALways paid for in Karma..Pain is karmic dollars...So yeah, I'm bourgeouises, Stalin, so shoot me, I'll burn up some of the bad stuff..

Posted by: frak | May 22, 2009 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vicc | May 22, 2009 9:02 PM | Report abuse

Lay off everyone who drives a Buick. Problem solved.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 22, 2009 9:25 PM | Report abuse

SMACK, I'm recalling RedDMV v. TheTruth11, chRIs LarRy v. BeantownGreg, Barno (or X_E_ or jonthefisherman or jmicrodoc) v. JLC, SMACK v. old refrains, Sean Taylor v. Chuck Norris, and about 60% of the posters v. personnel decision-making by The Owner and Vinny Cerrato. Do you think there are actually enough to make a Top Ten?

Posted by: dcsween | May 22, 2009 9:40 PM | Report abuse

Probably not. As you've just pointed out, there are only eight of us here.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 22, 2009 9:46 PM | Report abuse

PAIN IS ALways paid for in Karma..Pain is karmic dollars

Posted by: frak | May 22, 2009 9:14 PM | Report abuse

I met Karma once...she had DD's and eyes the color of translucent bamboo green.

I'd took one for the team earlier that week. I remember thinking that the block of hash would help me look past the obesity and bow leggedness; but I knew my comrades would not!

Damn tourist traps. It would be the last time I visit the gravel-like sands of Lloret de Mar.

Posted by: Vicc | May 22, 2009 9:49 PM | Report abuse

I met Karma once...she had DD's and eyes the color of translucent bamboo green.

Translucent bamboo green DD's sounds of the Venutian variety...The Love is STRONG , if'n you can handle the wicked chemical cyclones (they're cool to astrally fly around in)..

Posted by: frak | May 22, 2009 10:12 PM | Report abuse

"I came in the door...I said it before"....

Posted by: rickyroge | May 22, 2009 10:13 PM | Report abuse

"I came in the door...I said it before"....

Posted by: rickyroge | May 22, 2009 10:13 PM | Report abuse

Errrrr? Ummmmm could you explain ur lyrics Pa Rappa da Rappa?

Posted by: Vicc | May 22, 2009 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Truth vs. Greg
Truth vs. Red
Truth vs. TE
Truth vs. Chris laRRy
Truth vs. Anyone when Georgia would lose

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 22, 2009 10:46 PM | Report abuse

Do ya'll remember that dude Carl "The Truth" Williams, who got punked in Round 1 by Mike Tyson?

The Truth talked a good game, but "the first round knockout loss to Tyson in 1989 was a devastating defeat, having come about without Williams having landed a punch in the fight." (wiki)

That's the truth.

Posted by: Alan4 | May 22, 2009 11:10 PM | Report abuse

Odds that you can afford a Skins ticket 10 million to one.

Posted by: chavez66 | May 22, 2009 11:22 PM | Report abuse

Truth vs. Anyone who calls him a regular? Is that still a viable feud or has he finally just accepted it?

Posted by: will_ga | May 22, 2009 11:47 PM | Report abuse

I thought for sure the Magic would win that one. That was a big shot. But the Cavs still can't win the series playing one on 5...

I forgot about Truth vs. The 'Regular' title. That is still on going......

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 23, 2009 12:09 AM | Report abuse

How about Danny's smiling face on the cover of a lottery scraaaaatch offf .... on the cover of a lottery scraaaatch offff

instead of E. Williams and his T-pad.

Posted by: periculum | May 23, 2009 12:12 AM | Report abuse

instead of E. Williams and his T-pad.

Posted by: periculum | May 23, 2009 12:12 AM | Report abuse

Yea, it's pathetic now that it is obvious he is jockin' the NE Patriots.

Tryna build a winner.

Posted by: Vicc | May 23, 2009 12:18 AM | Report abuse

The Truth's biggest feud is obviously with the demons in his head.

(As is the case with most of us.)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 23, 2009 12:19 AM | Report abuse

man! knew what I was gonna post, then looked at the jibba jabba...and it didn't change my mind in the least. negative this, campbell won't do that, defense and the other--and we anonymously added the best defensive player in the game AND drafted a stud, according to sources. And we have the classiest QB in the league with moss and some young fellas....and we apparently just drove off a cliff. y'all aint fans.F the feuds.

9, maybe 10. playoffs for sure. and we finally beat seatle...seaatel...seatlle...seaturtle...whatever, they aint makin it

Posted by: RomoLongballs | May 23, 2009 12:16 AM

Posted by: RomoLongballs | May 23, 2009 12:20 AM | Report abuse

AntonChigurgle--you don't know what you're talking about.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | May 23, 2009 12:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 22, 2009 6:42 PM

List changes frequently. I've been on it with multiple partners over the months: "Sworn to fun, loyal to none."

But never again for me. If this were Tai Chi, my posture would be "Monkey Bows Down." If it were ice cream, I'd be vanilla. If it were a forest, I'd be a decomposing tree that fell and no one heard.

My old role models were Vaherder, Angry Old Man Jack, barno. No mas. I got beat up by so many of the regulars that I'm reformed.

My new role model is NoWhereMan6493. Don't recall him, do you? He posts about 20 times a day but is so innocuous that he blends in. That's what I'm becoming. You won't even remember this post after you've read the next three.

Posted by: i4abuy | May 23, 2009 6:55 AM | Report abuse

I wonder how much money Snyder is going to make from the licensing deal. Man, wouldn't this story be better if they could have posted how much money Snyder is going to make, and then compare it to how much money he gets from other Redskins revenue sources? That might take a little more effort than just rewriting a press release.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | May 23, 2009 7:11 AM | Report abuse

Just saw Steinberg's blogs on D'Angelo Hall and John Thompson's take on Michael Vick...

I don't agree with D'Angelo Hall. What Michael Vick did was a crime and a heinous one at that. He should have gone to jail...but he's done his time and should be allowed to continue with his life. He will always be the subject of ridicule, but I agree with John Thompson, he should be reinstated back into the league with the lifetime ban threat over his head.

I think there is also an element of race to this. I have always thought that Blacks are punished harsher for equal or lesser crimes that whites. Poor blacks and poor whites may be punished equally.

I'm not one of these people who think Vick should not have gone to jail though.

Posted by: rickyroge | May 23, 2009 8:32 AM | Report abuse

i4abuy: "You won't even remember this post after you've read the next three."

What post?

Posted by: Samson151 | May 23, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

rickrog: "Man...these blogs are wack!"

Man! That comment was double-wack!

Posted by: Samson151 | May 23, 2009 8:41 AM | Report abuse

I'm not one of these people who think Vick should not have gone to jail though.

Posted by: rickyroge *****

It's a socio-economic issue more than a race issue.
The idea he, (Vick) should be reinstated because he has served his debt to society is a bit odd. The NFL and playing there is a privelege, not a Right, and I think he doesn't deserve that right any longer.

Posted by: lsskinsfan | May 23, 2009 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Interesting comments on 3-4 vs 4-3 defensive schemes from Ross Tucker at SI.com:

"If executed correctly and with the right personnel, a 3-4 offers a better run front and more options from a pressure standpoint.

"The key to the 3-4 from a run perspective is having outside linebackers who can effectively "set the edge," which really means stuffing the tight end or the offensive tackle from outside-in and forcing the runner to cut back inside toward the other six defenders who are maintaining their proper gap discipline."

"As for the offensive lineman's perspective, it really depends on the position and the player. Personally, I preferred going against 3-4 defenses. If the defensive lineman is attempting to "two-gap" the offensive lineman by holding his ground and controlling the gaps on either side, he's usually not penetrating into the backfield, and that's really what I was most concerned about because a quick penetrator can really make you look bad. I liked the predictability of the 3-4 defense, which is usually so fundamentally sound that opposing lineman can anticipate technique and don't have to worry about the unexpected."

Posted by: Samson151 | May 23, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Another example of why Dan is a brilliant marketing guy, while remaining a lousy football man.

Lots of brand identity and more profit for Snyder, many more 8-8 seasons seem likely for fans.

Posted by: TheCork | May 23, 2009 12:23 PM | Report abuse

The lottery tickets will be sold only in the Commonwealth of Virginia? This news at the same time Vick is released to his home in the Commonwealth of Virginia, where he also played football at Va. Tech? Next thing you know, Vick will be the scratch-off "face" of the Redskins.

Posted by: Xlnt | May 23, 2009 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: X--E

The best thing about RI is its consistency. Leigh Torrence, Mike Vick, JC-17 issues may come and go, but the folks out at Redskins Park never let up in their ongoing attempts to get anyone who dares not speak the company line fired.

Posted by: TheCork | May 23, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I was just surfin some music and wishin out loud that the Old 97s would play near me when LO AND BEHOLD, they was announced they was booked local..

I wish the Redskins won the next Super Bowl..
I wished Amy Pohller would hurry up and come sit on my lap..
I wished the war just became a big block party with free beer..

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

f jlc
f dcsween
f thecork
f periculum
f vinny
f the danny
Hail to the Redskins!

Posted by: jonthefisherman | May 23, 2009 1:11 PM | Report abuse

The phony outrage is always amusing.

Vick did his time for his crime, and if an NFL or CFL team wants to sign him, good for him.

I own three dogs - all layabout lazy housedogs, not aggressive - but the morally bankrupt fools who try an equate a dog's life with a human life (I've heard Vick called "a murderer") are too frigging funny for words.

Get over it.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | May 23, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

In case anyone was interested, Anthony Alridge is FAST. Like Darrell Green fast maybe. Dude ran a 4.22 40 at his pro day. I didn't have any strong feelings about him, but after hearing he was cut by Denver due to injury and see this YouTube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOkLuTtckKs I am intrigued.

Posted by: TDawg1 | May 23, 2009 1:39 PM | Report abuse

"Redskins, Virginia Lottery Strike Deal"

Team themed scratch off?

Let's see how this works:

A Jeremy Bridges' scratch off winner gets a lap dance followed by target practice.

Scratching off the Gibbs II image will result in the winner receiving letdown and disappointment in bunches.

The Malcolm Kelly image is in the form of a pair of crutches and anyone who hits a winning mark here will earn the right to receive another operation on some other body part.

If you're a Native American who scratches off the redskins' symbol, you win the right to perceive an unintended racial slight.

Scratch off the symbol JC17, and you're made to feel unwanted.

The Albert Haynesworth scratch off winner receives driving lessons followed by accusations of tampering.

Randel El's scratch image results in the winner being granted a fair catch sign and finger pointing towards the sky.

Second place Jon Jansen scratch off ticket winners will win a contract extension.

Ladell Betts winners will be allowed to practice but not play while those who hit the winning CP26 mark will be allowed to avoid practice, but play week in and week out.

Jim Zorn scratch off winners will be allowed to stay medium.

Finally, no redskins' fan who wins with any scratch off ticket will ever be granted a serious general manager or good young offensive linemen.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 23, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Smedley the Cat say, "They had it coming to 'em . Kill 'em, kill 'em all.. let the Great Lion sort 'em out..never met a dog I could've liked..Damn sloppy tongued , boot lickin' cat maulers..eat your damn catfood, too.."

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Offered without comment....

MANCOW WATERBOARDED, ADMITS IT'S TORTURE

"It is way worse than I thought it would be"

And so it went Friday morning when WLS radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller decided to subject himself to the controversial practice of waterboarding live on his show.

Mancow decided to tackle the divisive issue head on -- actually it was head down, while restrained and reclining.

"I want to find out if it's torture," Mancow told his listeners Friday morning, adding that he hoped his on-air test would help prove that waterboarding did not, in fact, constitute torture.

The debate over whether waterboarding constitutes torture reached a fever pitch this week as re-ignited claims that Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) knew as early as 2002 about waterboarding techniques being used, and former Vice President Dick Cheney and President Barack Obama gave "dueling speeches" Thursday.

Listeners had the chance to decide whether Mancow himself or his co-host, Chicago radio personality Pat Cassidy, would undergo the interrogation method during the broadcast. The voters ultimately decided Mancow would be the one donning the soaked towel and shackles, and at about 8:40 a.m., he entered a small storage room next to his studio that was compared to a "dungeon" by Cassidy.

"The average person can take this for 14 seconds," Marine Sergeant Clay South answered, adding, "He's going to wiggle, he's going to scream, he's going to wish he never did this."

With a Chicago Fire Department paramedic on hand, Mancow was placed on a 7-foot long table, his legs were elevated, and his feet were tied up.

Turns out the stunt wasn't so funny. Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop. He only lasted 6 or 7 seconds.....

Posted by: TheCork | May 23, 2009 1:58 PM | Report abuse

f jlc
f dcsween
f thecork
f periculum
f vinny
f the danny
Hail to the Redskins!

Posted by: jonthefisherman |

Can't speak for the others, but the cruel barb of your creative dissonance hath wounded me to the quick.

Posted by: TheCork | May 23, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

frak

if you ever get a chance to see Railroad Earth, don't miss it.

Posted by: TheCork | May 23, 2009 2:03 PM | Report abuse

Get over it.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | May 23, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Still an idiot. How about just not torturing anything. How hard is that? You suck bro.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 23, 2009 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Old 97s!!! Awesome. My favorite song of theirs is "Bloomington," but mostly because I lived in Bloomington Indiana (for which the song, I'm sure is not about) for 3 years. Good times.

Posted by: TDawg1 | May 23, 2009 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Nice, I've heard about this band, big DBT and Son Volt fan, this is good stuff.

June 25 Screwtopians and Centro-Matic at the Black Cat. Come on out!~

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 23, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen..What was the name of those hippies that did, "She's my soda pop babyyy, She's my ice cream mamaaa, And now I will scream for her.."

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Shuttle come on out dude. Be great to buy you a brew.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 23, 2009 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks!! They were funky cool hippies, like Frank Zappa and Captain Beefheart (beefheart the law)..

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 2:40 PM | Report abuse

frak i saw cody at the old 930 club, because I liked seeds and stems, i gotta tell you, that was one of the lamest concerts I ever saw at 930. Now that I am an old man, in retrospect it was probably pretty good. It was just so much swing.

Oddly enough, one of the best shows I ever saw at the old 930 was a band called Canned Heat.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 23, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

I worship Beefheart, but you probably knew that already.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 23, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

frak come to Black Cat june 25. Bring your more attractive sister.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 23, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Yesss..ITS THE BLIMP, ITS THE BLIMP..chaotext wraith..

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, black cat june two five. Cindy.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 23, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

June 25?? Which more attractive sister, they is legion..

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse

P Did, pick up Nate and fly in

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 23, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1

Yep, them was solid..They worked real well in Wim Wenders road movie trilogy soundtrack. Ry Cooder and his twelve string..Yeah, gettin' old mellows your whiskey, it dew..

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

There's life in ye ol blog yet. You know who you are. Come back.

Posted by: SMACK1 | May 23, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Smack...I heard your warcry all the way up here in Mystic, CT. I am here for you bro.

Canned Heat rule
Black Keys drool

Posted by: chrislarry | May 23, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Black Keys is sicker than thou..Righteous..

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Black Keys straight outta Cleveland, a turnaround 3-pointer with no time on the clock, "Ran" the movie..

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 4:44 PM | Report abuse

...morally bankrupt fools who try an equate a dog's life with a human life (I've heard Vick called "a murderer") are too frigging funny for words...

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | May 23, 2009 1:12 PM

Here are the equations:

1. someone who tortures animals for pleasure = sadistic psychopath

2. someone who tortures people for pleasure = sadistic psychopath

3. sadistic pschopath = danger to society

Whether humans are superior to other animals and whether the sun revolves around the earth are not relevent questions.

What's important is that sadistic psychopaths are either reformed or separated from society at large.

Is Vick reformed? I don't know.

Posted by: Alan4 | May 23, 2009 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I think Michael Vick is a giant cat (he totally looks like a big black cat, c'mon), sent here to exact karmic revenge on dogs for their eternally dog ways..."You have been a vile and evil dog for eons, and now , you are the property of a GIANT CAT, MUUHAHAHAHA!!"...

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 5:12 PM | Report abuse

That picture of Danica Patrick, is she the Irish babe or what??

Posted by: frak | May 23, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

I am sure JLC is too busy stuffing his face and scratching his ass to report on this. If we don't throw them away in a trade we'll forfeit them by tampering. Draft picks. Who needs em?

Posted by: ToddStinkston | May 23, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: leevi98 | May 23, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: leevi98 | May 23, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

The Titans are accusing the Redskins of contacting Haynesworth and his agent, Chad Speck, before the free agency period started Feb. 27. Yahoo! Sports reported that according to two sources, the league already has talked with at least two people who are linked to the case.

The Redskins could lose a draft pick if the league proves that they committed tampering.

Haynesworth signed a seven-year, $100 million contract with the Redskins.****

What would the Skins do with a high draft pick anyway?

Posted by: lsskinsfan | May 23, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: talent_evaluator | May 23, 2009 7:08 PM | Report abuse

There really is something fundamentally wrong with the front office of this organization. Snyder is not about running a football team in the way Skins teams won in the past. He's about running the team like his Six Flags Parks. Get a lot of attention in the off-season...a la big signings like Haynesworth (who care about any NFL repercussions like losing draft picks....so long as we make money it doesn't matter). Market the team well and make money! That's it! That's Snyder's attitude. And now the VA lottery. Snyder found another way to use the Skins to make himself more money.

Who cares about championships? It's all about the money. That is what matter to Snyder above everything else. That's all he has shown us. From charging people to attend training camp to the high prices at Fed Ex. And that the joke on all of us. Skin fan will always come to games and follow the team, so attendance won't go down. Snyder can do what he pleases with the team to line his pockets and look like an owner.

Posted by: DFi4487 | May 25, 2009 11:49 PM | Report abuse