JReid on Portis; What to Wear at FedEx

Jason Reid talks about Clinton Portis' knee injury and how the Redskins offense would work without him.

If you're going to the game at FedEx Field on Sunday, you should know that you might freeze your giblets off, so layers, people, layers. And you know what the arrival of cold weather means...the return of the Snow Cam (somebody needs to do some raking). If you're a Cowboys fan going to FedEx, you get a special forecast: 75 degrees and balmy. A simply delightful night. Go shirtless.

...

Jason "Jasno" La Canfora will be taking your questions in his weekly chat at 1.

...

If you're watching the game Sunday at home, note that a recently recorded song by Bruce Springsteen ("Workin' on a Dream") will make its premiere during NBC's halftime highlights package. He played an acoustic version of the song at a Barack Obama rally in October. Noted Boss freak fan Emilio Garcia-Ruiz -- who happens to be my boss -- shook his head and said, "It's just a further sellout by the man."

By Cindy Boren  |  November 13, 2008; 9:50 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: The Power of the Running Game
Next: Spring Forward! Chat Time Changes (Updated)

Comments

Always a thrill to see another Jason Reid video up there at the top.

Thanks for the weather report.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Just to cheer you up in Dallas week, take a look at all the negative fan comments on this Grrls blog. :)

It will warm the cockles of your hearts!

Posted by: Redcoat | November 13, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Reposted from prior thread.

By the way, Cindy, I used your 'Report Abuse' link to email WaPo about some mean things a guy said to me when I drove him off the road on the Dulles Toll Road. Are you guys going to go around and sort him out for me now or what?

Posted by: Redcoat | November 13, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

It will be a balmy 75 in Flounders basement as well, the only thing that will be cold is the beer.

Greg,

Are you bringing your girls to the game? if so make sure they are bundled are instead of enjoying the game you will be hearing the complaints.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 13, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Redcoat | November 13, 2008 10:24 AM

You fool!

It's the Post. They're sending a reporter out to interview the guy. Your name will be in tomorrow's lead editorial. Robin Givhans will talk bad about your threads and your wardrobe. Jasno will link you to Vinny Cerrato. And your new venture? Well, when the business section is done with you you'll need a bail-out from Treasury larger than GM's.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

uh, "your HAIR and your wardrobe." Your breath, too.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Flound, the only people going to the game are me and the wifey. This is our 13th wedding anniversary gift to each other. Well, not really to her actually, but to me...It was her idea however.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 10:31 AM | Report abuse

By the way...does anyone know if the GIANTS vs REDSKINS is Fox's protected game in the flexible scheduling or is the NFL gonna move that game to SUNDAY NIGHT in 2 weekends???

The only other game that = that matchup is the Steelers vs Patriots game.

Anyone??

Posted by: goosedude | November 13, 2008 10:16 AM

According to unnamed sources, (don't tell Larry Michael) it looks like the Giants game in week 13 and the Eagles game in week 16 were both protected. Week 14 looks like Pit-Dal was protected, which leaves Redskins-Ravens and Giants-Eagles unprotected and one of those games may replace New England-Seattle.

Posted by: PatM1 | November 13, 2008 10:33 AM | Report abuse

beeps, maps, and stuff...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 13, 2008 10:37 AM | Report abuse

You fool!

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 13, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I guess I never considered that. I thought they were just being helpful rather than trawling for stories.

I know the guy was okay though, he was shouting and waving to me once he got out of the upside-down car though. And the fire was pretty small, just the front end.

Posted by: Redcoat | November 13, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I just like to be the annoying Cowboys fan and alert the readers that we shall be in full force Sunday night. I'm going with relatives from Silver Spring and my parents and their friends are flying in from Dallas just for Sunday night's showdown.

The game vs. Pittsburgh was just a preview my friends; FedEX Field Invasion Part II!!!!

Posted by: RDallasFan | November 13, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse