Remembering 21: A Chat and Coverage

Jason La Canfora will be chatting at 1 p.m. today about the loss of Sean Taylor, how the team has adjusted and what lies ahead for the Redskins.

Mike Wise wrote today about how the loss of Taylor has affected Clinton Portis, his best friend on the team. La Canfora analyzed how the team adjusted to what was a huge loss on the field. Chris Horton and other players spoke with Jason Reid about how the loss of Taylor still resonates. Pedro Taylor told Amy Shipley in Miami that he visits his son's grave twice a week: "Right there, I just thank him for being who he was."

JReid also talks, in today's Unrestricted video, about what an emotional week this is for the team.

By Cindy Boren  |  November 26, 2008; 8:53 AM ET
Categories:  Remembering 21
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Manning against the Blitz
Next: Jim Zorn's Face Dances

Comments

FIRST!!!

THE SOURCE METER OWNS YOU ALL!!!

Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 26, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Just read Amy Shipley's article on Sean's family and started crying at my desk. Guess it's good I get in early before everyone. I cannot believe the horror that Jackie must have gone through that morning.

So glad that we have our little blog community here.

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 26, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

FIRST!!!

THE SOURCE METER OWNS YOU ALL!!!

Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 26, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Uh oh more Warcraft Lingo. Go play your computer games vidiot.

Posted by: Gweez | November 26, 2008 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Well It has been a year since Taylor was taken from this world.

I made a video a year ago....I have never shared this over the web...so I figured I would share this today in his memory....

I have uploaded it to megavideo for all of you.....

I hope you guys enjoy....

Posted by: leevi98 | November 26, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Not trying to stir the pot during a time of solemn remembrance for ST21, but I do genuinely wonder if Wilbon has any different perspectives on ST's death a year later.

Especially, since Wilbon had a brush with his own mortality this past year and has a child in the picture.

Posted by: p1funk | November 26, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Well It has been a year since Taylor was taken from this world.

I have uploaded it to megavideo for all of you.....

I hope you guys enjoy....

Posted by: leevi98 | November 26, 2008 9:17 AM | Report abuse

leevi98 - excellent work my friend. Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 26, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Gweez | November 26, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Nice vid leevi.

It's amazing how big ST21 was. The vid has a shot of him next to LaVar and they are basically the same size (ST with a little less muscle mass for obvious reasons). ST was definitely going to take the torch from Ed Reed and be the most dominant FS for an era...

The U guys are going to be berserk on Sunday. I'd let CP line up to pass rush and see what he does...

Posted by: p1funk | November 26, 2008 9:33 AM | Report abuse

p1, Wilbon has had MANY chances to retract his statements, and never had the class, nor the balls to do so.

He is, and forever will be a POS for the way he defiled ST, and the manner in which he was taken from this world.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 9:35 AM | Report abuse

Gweez,

I agree with most of those, except the Cowgirls they are not going 11-5, there is no way they go to Pitts. in the cold and win that game.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 26, 2008 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Everytime I think about Sean Taylor it reminds me to turn on my alarm system at night before I go to bed.

I feel sorry for every child that looses a parent because this world is difficult enough without that loss.

Posted by: ProfessorWrightBSU | November 26, 2008 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Anyone have a Wii? I got the girls one for Christmas but now I need some good games for them, any ideas. They're 10 and 7 so no graphic games please.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 26, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

One of the photos is of Pedro Taylor with little Jackie...she looks exactly like her father, especially in the eyes and eyebrows.

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 26, 2008 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Great story. FDAGGARACMJLC !!

Posted by: skinsfanforracialfairness | November 26, 2008 9:43 AM | Report abuse

So I guess you are not getting the wii sex game for the kids there.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 26, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Right Flounder. I think Dallas loses to Pittsburgh, NY again and to Baltimore. Unless Romo's playing defense, they're done.

I have the same problem, Suzanne. The tribute video they played at the game against Buffalo last year gets me every time. I have a daughter the same age as Taylor's and it kills me to think of a child that age being without her father.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 26, 2008 9:45 AM | Report abuse

She does look very similar to ST Cyn.

Flounder from that writers pen to gods ears, i'll take 11-5. Don't understand why/how that guy thinks the Giants will all of a sudden drop two games to us and the Cowboys though. I think it's the Skins or Cowboys but not both.

Posted by: Gweez | November 26, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Well It has been a year since Taylor was taken from this world.

I have uploaded it to megavideo for all of you.....

I hope you guys enjoy....

Posted by: leevi98 | November 26, 2008 9:47 AM | Report abuse

leevi,

That was a great video.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 26, 2008 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Flound, I'm getting the same thing for my 3. Someone told me to get Wii Sports, because it comes with an extra controller, just fyi....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Cyn that is a great photo. Suz you wasn't the only one. Good thing we both get in early.

Great story from Reid of Reaper and Dirty Thirty relationship.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 26, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 26, 2008 9:41 AM

I don't have a Wii, but I have a PS3. My best advice would be to get them Madden 09. Easiest way to learn the game of football.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 26, 2008 9:50 AM | Report abuse

BTW, never to miss a chance to make some cash the Sean Taylor ROF T-shirt is here. I must be the only one that thinks a sweatshirt is more appropriate for the weather. While getting that you should also go grab the battle of the beltway T too.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 26, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

I like the Boschetti pick up, not much out there atleast we got a guy that knows the system and can step right in.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 26, 2008 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Bean,

I was one of the guys who piled on Wilbon. That incident coupled with his drift toward becoming an NBA and ESPN company man created a big-time loss of respect points in my book. Sports aside, I guess I'm hoping for Wilbon to play his "decent human being" card...

...anyway, enough about Wilbon.

Posted by: p1funk | November 26, 2008 9:52 AM | Report abuse

p1, agreed, he's a pos, and always will be.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Mee beep

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 26, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Flounder21 I have the Wii and well as my best friend here at work. I got his little girls the Hannah Montana for their birthday. They seem to enjoy it. (yes it was a total set up and their father is still trying to get me back for it)

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 26, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Leevi - That was a great video.

How do you get the clips from all those games?

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 26, 2008 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the post Leevi, great video. Can't get enough of those memories.

Posted by: oldtimer4 | November 26, 2008 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 26, 2008 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Several hours in line a few years ago and our Wii sits because my son outgrew it and is more interested Xbox now....but you have girls so I think it'll last longer. I recommend Thrillville - they can design their own amusement park. And as previously mentioned, you can't go wrong with Hannah Montana, or there's a couple of SpongeBob games out there that you could probably get used copies of that were fun.

Posted by: mmok2 | November 26, 2008 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Leevi for the great video. Taylor was my favorite Redskins player, and I watch his tribute videos posted on YouTube at least once a month. Yours may be the best tribute I've seen - you should post it on YouTube if you haven't already. I attended 3-4 of the games in your video - thanks for the memories.

Posted by: soupermeister | November 26, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse