Remembering 21: Fletcher Looks at Game, Life Differently

London Fletcher and Sean Taylor were teammates on defense for only a season, one shortened by Taylor's death Nov. 27, 2007. Fletcher talked with Jason Reid about his memories of Taylor.

On the effect of Taylor's death: "It was just a disbelief. You look at your life differently. You look at football differently. You're going to cherish each moment a lot more. Here you have a guy who was so young, so talented. His life was taken away. Just, you can't take anything for granted."

On what he'll remember most: "Just I got to know him a little bit. Obviously not as well as the guys who had been with him for four years or so. Just to get to know him a little bit, to see his personality and see the way he played the game of football was something I liked. I love the way he played the game. He had a presence about himself. Great smile. One of those things that I'm thankful that I got a chance to actually know him."

By Cindy Boren  |  November 26, 2008; 2:44 PM ET
Categories:  Remembering 21
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Remembering 21: Portis Reflects
Next: Manning's Staying Medium

Comments

The Source Meter is taking over...

Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 26, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I am going to be emotionally drain by Sunday.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 26, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

F the Source Meter.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 26, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

I am going to be emotionally drain by Sunday.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage

Right there with you bro. This entire week has been tough.

#21 RiP

Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 26, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

On the topic of the Wii, I've thought about getting one, but spent that money on a home defense shotgun instead (Mossberg 590 9-shot police model).

My sis-in-law & her husband have one, though, and it's fun. I like the golf and the bowling.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 26, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

freak, thats a serious shot....12 guage I presume....is that a pump, or they do actually have auto-shots now aday's...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 2:56 PM | Report abuse

THE SOURCE MEETER MAKES NO SENCE UNLESS HE USES AN ANONYMOUS SOURCE!

Posted by: alex35332 | November 26, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Wii rulz
shotguns drool

Posted by: chrislarry | November 26, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

So, um, go Seahawks.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 26, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

If you haven't visit Steinberg blog you got to check this out. The Reaper photo at the end is straight heat.

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 26, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Greg, yes, 12-gauge pump.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 26, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Legend of Zelda on Wii is the bomb...and GTR hero 3...

Freak who is breaking into your house, the movie The Warriors?

Here in Brooklyn, I roll with a butter knife and a rusty broadsword...

Posted by: chrislarry | November 26, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

THE SOURCE MEETER MAKES NO SENCE UNLESS HE USES AN ANONYMOUS SOURCE!

Posted by: alex35332

The Source Meter is just owning everybody today...

It's causing people to get bitter...and misspell.

Posted by: jmicrodoc | November 26, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

This has been a tough week, I agree. I cannot even really begin to imagine how tough it's been on his family. I think Sunday will be very cathartic.

Freak, I think the Seachickens have a chance. Maybe that's the wormwood talkin but I find it amusing how all the "experts" have yo-yo'd on Dallas - Super Bowl champs to "stick a fork in em" to now "Tony's back, all is well" We'll see about that- if not this week then the next two against Pitt and NYG

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 26, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Iron man on the Wii is really good as well.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 26, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

f, bayonette attachment, laser sights, come on buddy, break with the details...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: freakzilla | November 26, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

When I first read this comment, my first reaction was "shotgun bowling"?! "Shotgun golf?!?"

Posted by: PBL4 | November 26, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

agreed JM...(on iron man)

Posted by: chrislarry | November 26, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

From the times, and its not exactly encouraging:

Eight starters didn't practice today. None of them were surprising. Here's the list: running back Clinton Portis (ribs, knee), offensive tackle Chris Samuels (knee), guard Pete Kendall (knees), defensive tackles Kedric Golston (ankle) and Cornelius Griffin (shoulder), defensive end Andre Carter (foot) and linebaclers London Fletcher (foot) and Marcus Washington (ankle).

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Auto-shot? If it existed, it'd be illegal w/o a federal permit.

There are some serious semiautos, though.

Posted by: PBL4 | November 26, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

so that's 5 of our starting front 7 on defense

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 26, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

We all knew this wouldn't be a good 'feeling' day.

Just imagine how people feel who really knows this guy in person.

To me Sean Taylor represents all DMV (DC, MD, & VA) Youth who have been slain on our streets. Since ST has been killed, there has been no slow down of murders in the District/PG County and surrounding areas. The youth are still not respecting life, and I believe this is due to the 3rd generation of living in ignorance (dating back to the 80s and the high homicide rates through the 90s).

People - none of us are Superman. BUT, if you have a chance to turn around just 1 (ONE) youth, you would have done an AMAZING job. I have tried to do my part in all of this and I am asking you to do yours.

Take a youth out to experince something different. Talk to them about life and tale them about your trials and tribulations. Let them know you've tripped up in this world and have been able to stand back up.

If we all do our part and bring back the village thaat it use to take to raise these children/youth, we may spend less time mourning over losing love ones earlier than anyone could expect.......

Ahmad

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 26, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

semi-auto, pb...thanks.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

4th, could not agree more....well said...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Amen 4th

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 26, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Well said 4th... JM220, I know how you feel. I'm not an emotional person by nature, but there is a real chance of me being teary-eyed if NFL Sunday Ticket coverage of the game covers 21's entry into the Ring of Honor.

Goddamn, I miss watching that man play.

Posted by: AppleScience | November 26, 2008 3:23 PM | Report abuse

well done 4th. I have a little bro thru BBBS, I'd like to think it's made a difference but you're right, way too little respect for life.

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 26, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

I hope you guys enjoy....

Posted by: leevi98 | November 26, 2008 10:22 AM
=============================================
I finally got home from work and could watch.

Thank you, leevi98.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 26, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

freak, isn't it illegal to own a gun out where you live?

Posted by: dealer1 | November 26, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

beep beep for anyone left......

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 26, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Agreed 4th, one of the reasons I love my job, where we run programs from after school clubs and camps to a programs that hires 100 youth to staff our exhibit halls. All part of our "Science Career Ladder"

May pay like dawg crappe, but I do feel like I am helping, not hurting....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 26, 2008 3:38 PM | Report abuse

OK guys, important stuff. I got to decide on my flex guy in FF.

Choices:
Fred Jackson of Buffalo vs SF. He gets a good number of touches for a backup, but he's a backup

Deion Branch vs dal. Hasselback has to throw it to someone, right? Branch is his #1 guy? Sort of.

Brandon Jones vs Det. Tenn's #2 WR, but I expect Tenn to run the ball vs Det.

Chester Taylor vs Chi. Another backup who gets touches, had a good game vs Chi in the first meeting

Devery Henderson vs TB. Brees throws it to everyone, so Henderson has been pretty quiet past few weeks with Colston back. Just 23 catches for the season, but nearly 25 yards a catch

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 26, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse