Remembering 21: The Redskins' Tribute

Redskins players spoke of the death of Sean Taylor in a video montage that was shown before the team played the Buffalo Bills on Dec. 2 at FedEx Field.

By Cindy Boren  |  November 25, 2008; 10:00 PM ET
Categories:  Remembering 21
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Boschetti Deal Done
Next: Remembering 21: The Fans' Tribute

Comments

I was there that day, and I'll be there Sunday....

This is still too tough to watch...

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 25, 2008 10:04 PM | Report abuse

SICWIDIT'S POLL PART II

Should Sean Taylor have a bust/statue either at FedEx or Skins Park? Explain your answer.

a) Yes
b) No

Posted by: rickyroge | November 25, 2008 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rickyroge | November 25, 2008 10:11 PM | Report abuse

I haven't watched any of the video's on here til now. Lump in my throat as I was watching. He said it all around the 3:30 mark, God gave him his chance. Wish it could have been longer.

RIP ST. You ARE missed!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 25, 2008 10:14 PM | Report abuse

I vote no on the statue. My personal opinion is that statues should be reserved for people who contribute in a stellar fashion on the field (check), for a prolonged period of time for a given team (#21 doesn't pass), and simultaneously gives generously of time or money to the community (again, #21 doesn't pass).

I love Sean Taylor, but let's not get crazy and canonize everyone to whom tragedy strikes.

If you're going to choose anyone to lionize with a statue in front of the stadium, it would have to be Darrell Green.

The Ring of Honor is an ideal and entirely appropriate remembrance for Sean Taylor.

Posted by: PDiddy | November 25, 2008 10:17 PM | Report abuse

No statue, but I think a plaque somewhere would be acceptable.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 25, 2008 10:27 PM | Report abuse

lh, tirn on fox news now!

Posted by: dealer1 | November 25, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

gretta being hammered!!!

Posted by: dealer1 | November 25, 2008 10:38 PM | Report abuse

I'm finally home so I can see the S.T. youtube tributes.

Sean Taylor was The Man.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 25, 2008 10:43 PM | Report abuse

Yes! What better news today than seeing that Fox will be showing the Skins/jints game in my area!!

Go Skins!!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 25, 2008 11:19 PM | Report abuse

I hate that we are back to the place where every game is a must win. Once I would like to have a cushion going into the final weeks of the season.

With how tight the W/C race is, the good thing is that the Skins control their destiny, if they win out.

Let's see some violent F'n football!!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 26, 2008 12:01 AM | Report abuse

Damn! ST was HUGE!!!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 26, 2008 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Can't stop watching the Taylor Forever video that someone linked. What a awesome player.

With so much to love about ST21's play on the field, what I enjoyed the most was the way he manhandled TO both as an eagle and a cowgirl.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 26, 2008 12:11 AM | Report abuse

No I believe that it is completely appropriate to put a statue of him somewhere, whether it be at Ashburn, or Fed Ex. The way he played was unlike any I've ever seen, and he should be remembered with a statue to let the enemies of Redskins Nation feel the terror that he caused so many before them. If I ever see another Redskin player in the number 21 I will puke. not because said player would not be deserving but ST 21 was by far my favorite player of all time.

Posted by: shoup904 | November 26, 2008 12:23 AM | Report abuse

I hate that we are back to the place where every game is a must win.

Posted by: Curzon417

I'm sure KC, Duh Rayduhs, SF, Cincy etc. fans would happily trade places with you.

Posted by: TheCork | November 26, 2008 12:26 AM | Report abuse

So far this is my favorite:

Post 'em if you got 'em.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 26, 2008 12:34 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | November 26, 2008 12:26 AM |

Didn't say I wouldn't take it, just hate it. Would rather eat snacks than finger nails with my beer on Sundays.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 26, 2008 12:47 AM | Report abuse

Thanks thunder! Another one for my library.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 26, 2008 12:57 AM | Report abuse

Just a thought on Shaun Alexander -- assuming that his career is really done, his last active game was back at Qwest Field, even though he didn't play.

Have fun at Whistler, Diddy! Thanks again for Saturday night!

Posted by: freakzilla | November 26, 2008 2:27 AM | Report abuse

We all knew this wouldn't be a good 'feeling' day.

Just imagine how people feel who really knows this guy in person.

To me Sean Taylor represents all DMV (DC, MD, & VA) Youth who have been slain on our streets. Since ST has been killed, there has been no slow down of murders in the District/PG County and surrounding areas. The youth are still not respecting life, and I believe this is due to the 3rd generation of living in ignorance (dating back to the 80s and the high homicide rates through the 90s).

People - none of us are Superman. BUT, if you have a chance to turn around just 1 (ONE) youth, you would have done an AMAZING job. I have tried to do my part in all of this and I am asking you to do yours.

Take a youth out to experince something different. Talk to them about life and tale them about your trials and tribulations. Let them know you've tripped up in this world and have been able to stand back up.

If we all do our part and bring back the village thaat it use to take to raise these children/youth, we may spend less time mourning over losing love ones earlier than anyone could expect.......

Ahmad

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 26, 2008 3:14 AM | Report abuse

I vote no to a statue but I do believe on addition to the ring of fame...his #21 should be officially retired with the league.

Man this is all rushing back again...I sure hope we win Sunday....

Posted by: leevi98 | November 26, 2008 3:14 AM | Report abuse

I just randomly watched this video on YouTube a few weeks ago. I still can't watch this without tearing up...

R.I.P. #21

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 26, 2008 6:06 AM | Report abuse

Boy, I guess I'm the only one working today...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 26, 2008 6:57 AM | Report abuse

Brown,

I'm with you I just finished up a bunch of sh!t at work, I like the Boschetti pick up he can step right in a play.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 26, 2008 8:09 AM | Report abuse

So hard to watch. His play embodied what we all strive for but often cannot achieve: 100 percent commitment. He'll continue to inspire.

Posted by: mtobin2 | November 26, 2008 8:59 AM | Report abuse