Riley and Redskins agree to terms

We told you Thursday that a deal was imminent, and this morning the Redskins and rookie linebacker Perry Riley have agreed to contract terms, according to a league source.

Riley, the fourth-round draft pick out of LSU has looked good at off-season practices and could provide the Redskins depth at the inside linebacker position. Riley, who stands 6-foot and weighs 238 pounds, started 22 college games and played a role in 185 tackles with two sacks, and two interceptions. He registered 13 stops for loss.

He grew up a Redskins fan and when the he was drafted, said it would be a "dream come true" to play in Washington.

The deal was first reported by Pro Football Talk.

Riley's signing means that left tackle Trent Williams is the lone Redskins' rookie who has yet to sign a contract. Don't expect one until Williams signs with a new agent, which won't happen until at least early next week.

By Rick Maese  |  June 18, 2010; 10:43 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: McIntosh wants an extended stay
Next: Jim Haslett: Defense is with the program

Comments

Glad to hear he is doing well in OTA's. This is the first I have heard this.

Posted by: frediefritz | June 18, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Bean-

Now would be a good time to take your Celtics flag off your PT Cruiser.

Posted by: Diesel44 | June 18, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Love it when a Skins fan becomes a player

Posted by: Mike4169 | June 18, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Glad to ear he is doing well in OTA's. This is the first time I've heard this.

Posted by: frediefritz | June 18, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I wonder where Henson sits on the depth chart now. I bet he's another guy that will get cut soon...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 18, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Red -

"It's fun to form opinions based off, um, nothing!"

You mean, except video evidence that I provided? I'm sorry that you choose to ignore it.

"And yeah, the video can certain most lie. Especially when it's pieced together by somone who's agenda is hate based."

I guess Phil Jackson is full of hate too, since he's the one who said Kobe watched all the Jordan videos and went out and did the same things.

The video can lie? Theres about 15 things there where he looks EXACTLY the same. It can't ALL be coincidence.

Its all right here on video, from 2:54 to 3:00.

I'm not saying Kobe's not a great player... I'm just saying he's an MJ biter.

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 18, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

why dies, you gonna flip it over, and light it up??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Big difference here between RM and AH. Rock has been here working hard even WITHOUT a contract. He's not boasting "I want to be known as the best all time at my position", He's saying "I want to be like one of those Redskin alums over there that everybody loves" He wants the team to want him around for the long haul, and he wants to be here. Good for him!

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 18, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Nah, I'm pretty sure most Laker fans also root for the Cowboys and Yankees.

I just thought I'd poke the bear to see what kind of sport you are and I'd walk before I'd drive a PT cruiser.

Posted by: Diesel44 | June 18, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Wow. Landon Donavan just scored an unbelievable goal to get back to one goal down.

Posted by: frediefritz | June 18, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Earnest Byner doesn't know why Jeff Fisher fired him
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 18, 2010 10:54 AM ET
Earnest Byner knows a thing or two about moving on from life's cruel twists.

But five months after he was fired by the Titans after helping Chris Johnson run for 2,000 yards, the running backs coach is still looking for answers.

"I do know that Jeff has great respect for [new Titans running back coach] Kennedy [Pola]," Byner said. "But it's still baffling to me."

Byner asked Fisher about the decision twice, but never felt like he got a satisfactory answer. Luckily, he landed on his feet four days after canned when the Jaguars came calling. Byner told Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer he leaned on his past to help him through the situation.

"I think back to The Fumble," Byner said. "You go through something like that, you learn to keep moving forward. You can't stay angry or bitter."

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

ha, 95 Toyota Camry, if you must know....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

The lad struck with fervent intent..

Posted by: frak | June 18, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

"He grew up a Redskins fan and when the he was drafted, said it would be a 'dream come true' to play in Washington."

We need more guys like this in burgundy and gold than guys like Albert Haynesworth...

Posted by: brownwood26 | June 18, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Fat Albert is not so different. He grew up a fan of money and it was a dream come true to cash Washington's paycheck.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 18, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Its all right here on video, from 2:54 to 3:00.

I'm not saying Kobe's not a great player... I'm just saying he's an MJ biter.

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 18, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse
_________

Please for the love of god give this up...this is making you look like a hater...

Posted by: skinsfan713 | June 18, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Kobe can't help it. He just saw too many of those "Be like Mike" commercials and now its subliminally ingrained in his brain. The ad agency made him do it.

Why am I suddenly in the mood for some Gatorade?

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 18, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Nah, I'm pretty sure most Laker fans also root for the Cowboys and Yankees

Posted by: Diesel44
Nah most laker fans are raiders fans which
is why all the looting begins after the game

Posted by: richardgovea | June 18, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

2-2

Posted by: frediefritz | June 18, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Gooooooaaaaaalllll!!! US 2, Slovenia 2.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | June 18, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

I'm not saying Kobe's not a great player... I'm just saying he's an MJ biter.

Posted by: Rypien11

Please....call him whatever you want but dudes a winner. Can't take that away from him just because he didn't win the way MJ did. So what, Lakers wouldn't have gotten out of the first round without Kobe.

Lebron is the one you should have beef with. He wants all the glory and attention but hasn't won anything.
Hes the one who wants to be a global icon, just like Mike was.

He's the biter, not kobe.

Posted by: Predator48 | June 18, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

rich, thats pretty funny....although I did not see any road warriors shoulder pads in the stands last night....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | June 18, 2010 11:20 AM

Talkin to Red. Feel free to ignore it if it bothers you.

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 18, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

He's the biter, not kobe.

Posted by: Predator48 | June 18, 2010 11:41 AM

You should watch the videos.

I'm not a huge fan of Lebron either. He has the talent to be the best, but the drive/IQ isn't there yet.

Posted by: Rypien11 | June 18, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Geeze, McIntosh sounds like a complete deuche.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 10:16 AM

I don't get it. What did I miss?

Posted by: mack1 | June 18, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

bean, actually the US is attempting to make a comeback, they're down 2-1...

That game is officially over. US tanks again in the world cup. I heard they were the favorites to beat Slovenia (sp?)

Ryp, good grief man. Everyone steals something from EVERYONE. As I have pointed out a gabillion times, Jordan bit Skywalker and Dr. J. You never heard anyone pissing and moaning about how Jordan wanted to be a Dr. J wanna be, did you?

The reason why Kobe will always have the "wants to be like Mike" tag is because he's great. These Kobe haters or Jordan purists know that in terms of the two guard position Kobe is right behind Jordan.

I mean, I had a friend text me that he was rooting for the Celtics simply because he didn't want Kobe to catch or pass Micheal.

People hate Kobe Bryant simply because they want to hate him. Then they conjure up all this baseless bs to validate their hate.

People hate winners in any generation. It's one of the few things that can transcend generations.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

I don't get it. What did I miss?

Posted by: mack1
You missed that Rocky wants to be a Redskin for a long time and be beloved by the fans. I guess in Red's opinion, that makes him a deuche.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 18, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1
Yeah I live in LA but I'm a Celtics hearing a lot of crap right now. But with Mexico winning and the lakers winning I'm surpized the city is not burned down yet

Posted by: richardgovea | June 18, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

rich, give it time....come back home once the smoke clears.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 18, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Around the time when McIntosh was offered a tender contract, he was unhappy they didn't give him a long term deal. People immediately started to rip him... called him selfish, money driven, you know... ALL the stuff Haynesworth is.

Read some:

My comment about McIntosh was one of those tongue in cheek comments.

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Hey, RedDMV , the Slovenly Dogs knocked out the Russkies from World Cup qualifying..They're not bad (even though the weddings are like rutting cattle with an accordion)..Agree on Artest, though..Celts threw bodies at that mug all night , and they just bounced off him like he was a 6-9 fire hydrant...And he was hittin' all over the court..Always remember, some of the best players are a tad psychotic..

Posted by: frak | June 18, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Frak I couldn't give two cockroach turds about soccer. But if you say that Slovenia (?) is good, I'll take you word for it.

Ron Artest has been one of my top 10 players on the court or off the court.

Even in the stands...

No doubt Artest is crazy as they come, dude has a lot of Rodman in him...

HOLD UP!

Hey Ryp11, Artest dyed his hair like Rodamn, is known for his defense like Rodman, and is considered to be just as wacky as Rodman.

I guess Ron wants to be like Dennis, right?

Posted by: RedDMV | June 18, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Pepper5 | June 18, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Hey diesel44 you 110% right about those laker fans being cow chip fans the dam yankee fan.If there was a national poll i would guarantee that would 95% true because they know nothing about sports just a bunch of fly bi night fans.

Posted by: rdbdaddy | June 18, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Curious to see how Riley, Robert Henson, and some of the other young LB's play this pre-season.

Posted by: coparker5 | June 18, 2010 6:02 PM | Report abuse