ROCKY - TORN ACL and MCL

This is not good at all for the starting weak-side linebacker, Rocky McIntosh. He's out 9-12 months at least and the history of these injuries is that it is often not until the second season after surgery that the player is back fully feeling well. It is almost impossible to expect Rocky to be ready for camp at this point, much less the start of the season.

He's at least two weeks away from surgery and so we're talking a year from that until he can play, which means there is a good chance he cannot play next season.

Rocky's right knee was scoped 3 times in a 12 month period but this is the other knee.

Six weeks ago Carlos Rogers was lost for the season with a torn ACL and MCL. So that's two important young starters on the defense who will be very questionable entering next season.

By Jason La Canfora  |  December 17, 2007; 5:51 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rocky McIntosh Sounds Like He's Out For The Season
Next: Playoff Clarity

Comments

Well, crap.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Ouch

Posted by: puttinforbird | December 17, 2007 5:55 PM | Report abuse

I was impressed with blades last night. I feel a lot better about losing rocky, knowing blades, and to a lesser extent, khary campbell and godfrey are there to fill in.
F the vikings
F the saints
Hail to the Redskins!

Posted by: puttinforbird | December 17, 2007 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Dookie.

Posted by: 4-12 | December 17, 2007 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Darn it.

Well, F adversity. Our guys are still in it, and will keep playing.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 17, 2007 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Are averaging one lost starter per game? Sure feels like it.

kost, wallaby is the new veal. Tastes like chicken.

Now that Nate has discovered nfl.com videos, we might not see him for a while. Gotta say the Browns-Bills video was intriguing -- watching guys try to run with snow chains on their cleats.

Posted by: dcsween | December 17, 2007 6:01 PM | Report abuse

GODFREY DANIELS!!!!

Posted by: kost52 | December 17, 2007 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Wow, this is not good at all. Who's available in the draft?

Posted by: cdelftwenty | December 17, 2007 6:05 PM | Report abuse

After Miami beat the Ravens, I tried for an hour to find the 'The Redskins should be more like the Ravens' post. I couldn't. But it happened and the Ravens are terrible like old oatmeal left out in the sun.

We're playing meaningful games in December people. I'm excited about that. Not excited about the destruction of Rocky's knee. Untight. Watching an empty new jersey stadium react to Chris Samuels doing the 'jump shot' thing the gints did to us while celebrating last year was like Andy Dufresne getting out of Shawshank.

Posted by: ArtMonkToTheSticks | December 17, 2007 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Dude.

Posted by: Barno1 | December 17, 2007 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Going back to Jason's thought earlier: our 2006 and 2005 top picks are on the shelf and perhaps both could be gone for all of next year. I thought Carlos had the same thing. We have been wanting to get younger and now the young guys who should be part of the core are lost. Will the team invest in more younger players? If so, what happens when Rogers, McIntosh are healed. Given Rocky's injury, Marcus getting into his 30s and knowing that London will not last forever as he is already 32, this team is in need of a lot at each position on the defensive side. Obviously the line is the first priority but after that we have some serious decisions to make.

Posted by: straub21 | December 17, 2007 6:13 PM | Report abuse

The nightmare of a season continues. It's a miracle the 'Skins are not only playing hard every week, but actually remain in playoff contention.

Posted by: jcabana | December 17, 2007 6:13 PM | Report abuse

I haven't seen Ahmad/4th floor, but in case your lurking or see this, these last two wins, with Clinton puking and then running the 51 yard screen against the Bears, and Smoot ripping the IV's out to go stop a Bear rally, and the level of excellence and heart displayed last night by a team that has had its heart ripped out, and in hostile and adverse Giant Stadium, Ahmad, please accept them as a tribute to Saraye Sulochana Hamid, your 19 month old daughter who did EVERYTHINNG to the max. I'm sobbing as I write this. What else can we do, Dude? We'll just keep remembering and praying that you are comforted by knowing that she waits for you in Glory.

Posted by: StephenJFlynn | December 17, 2007 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Blades/Godfrey/Campbell will have to step up. Why did Godfrey not dress? The numbers game? With them bringing Sinclair onto the active roster, Campbell could be fully devoted to defense, but I do not think Danny Smith will want to give him as he is very valuable on special teams.

Posted by: straub21 | December 17, 2007 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, what else could go wrong? Might as well break out the bubble wrap and cover everyone with it.

Keep fighting. Life isn't about what happens to you, it's about how you respond to it.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 17, 2007 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Yikes, that sux. Looks like the defense is going to need alot of attention in the offseason.

Posted by: mtnskinsfan | December 17, 2007 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, StephenJ, for posting that for Ahmad. I've been thinking about him and his family all month...I cannot imagine how tough this time must be, but he's still in our thoughts.

Posted by: TheCindy | December 17, 2007 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Funny explanation of the Westbrook play at the end of yesterday's Iggles/Cowboys game:

Loved Andy Reid's expression right after...

Posted by: PDiddy | December 17, 2007 6:27 PM | Report abuse

drouhier (weren't you previously AMTTS?)-

Maybe this is the blog thread you were looking for?

Posted by: tafka | December 17, 2007 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Reid needed to give both of them credit on that play. Runyan has done a lot for that team, including coming back from serious injuries, that is not rewarded or shown in statistics like Westbrook.

Posted by: straub21 | December 17, 2007 6:33 PM | Report abuse

That's the thread!

Posted by: PDiddy | December 17, 2007 6:34 PM | Report abuse

Crikey! (Is that the correct spelling Kost?). WTF?!

Posted by: 4-12 | December 17, 2007 6:34 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait til next year when this team is healthy (hopefully) in the middle of the season and starts making some real noise.

In the mean time, let's just run the table, make the playoffs and f-up some teams' Christmases.

Posted by: trink | December 17, 2007 6:35 PM | Report abuse

That is the grossest tattoo I've ever seen. Wow.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 17, 2007 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, the ACL reconstruction gives you about 9 mths before you can pretend to contribute (so I'd expect them back for the reg season) and two years before you're better than your old self.

The knee, if it's done right, really is *tight* after the operation.

Posted by: WorstSeat | December 17, 2007 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Just call this team the walking MASH unit. Damn it does feel like we have a player each week going down.

Posted by: jm220 | December 17, 2007 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Rogers and McIntosh are essentially done as starters until 2009. Even if they play next season, it just takes a very long time to recover fully.

Rogers is could well be career changing, maybe ever career threatening, given he wasn't a great CB to begin with. Any loss of speed and agility is a a problem.

As for Rocky, a knee injury is less of a career threat, but recovery takes a very long time.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 17, 2007 6:53 PM | Report abuse

4-12, yep crikey is the correct spelling, and the perfect word for it!

Posted by: kost52 | December 17, 2007 7:02 PM | Report abuse

In 30 years of watching I don't recall witnessing a season that had so many starters go out with severe injuries.

I guess it's either a run of very bad luck or conditioning or both.

If life is about things balancing out, then presumably next season the football gods will spare the Redskins any significant injuries at all.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | December 17, 2007 7:05 PM | Report abuse

wtf - the injuries are just darn right brutal for this team.

Posted by: markjd | December 17, 2007 7:06 PM | Report abuse

wtf - the injuries are just darn right brutal for this team.

Posted by: markjd | December 17, 2007 7:06 PM | Report abuse

I'm watching ESPN's Monday Night Countdown. The national sports media is hilarious.

Last week, I recall many of them slowly creeping back on the Seattle Seahawks ship, saying the Hawks could make noise in the playoffs.

After yesterday's loss to Carolina, they've gone silent again.

Also, I saw highlights of that game and Shaun Alexander's impersonation of an NFL running back. What the heck happened to that guy? He was a force not long ago, now it's like he doesn't want any physical contact at all.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | December 17, 2007 7:15 PM | Report abuse

MrRedskin21, I think Shaun Alexander's previous success was due mainly to Seattle's O line (Hello Steve Hutchinson!). Notice how Hutchinson left for MN and Shaun can't seem to run anymore. Meanwhile both Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor are playing great - and unfortunately we have to face them next Sunday.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 17, 2007 7:29 PM | Report abuse

It never ends for this team.

Being a displaced fan now residing in the NW I can tell you they are handling the Shaun ALexander thing gently. They gave a lot of money to an already aging running back.

Posted by: jandlml | December 17, 2007 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Well, We have lost our 2004, both 2005 firts round draft picks and now our high 2nd in 2006. What a year and now sets up problems for the future!

Posted by: ynotcaruso | December 17, 2007 7:39 PM | Report abuse

No disrespect but NEXT!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | December 17, 2007 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SonofNero | December 17, 2007 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Godfrey and Blades are both good backups.

Nothin to worry about.

Yet, I don't know if Blades or Godfrey have McIntosh's speed.

That might be a big problem in the long run. Whoever said McIntosh and Rogers might not start again until 2009, might be right.

Posted by: dcsportsfan9 | December 17, 2007 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Emmitt is turning in another Romo-like performance tonight.

Well, while I don't like 12-2 as much as I did 12-1, I don't toddally hate that it happened. It made these next two weeks much more relevant. And now our game should have significance for both of us, as it should be.

***Fantasy Portion***

Kost, Toddredcoat, stumped, Ahmad, Nate, 4-12, sween, jm220, Zeeb (some of you might not actually be in the league and I am making it up). It'd be an honor to lose to any of you guys. However, if I am your champion, I will try to represent the league in a manner that is truly like and, such as, really, really mappy.

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 17, 2007 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Karma post...

Adrian Peterson is a great running back and will never suffer a season-ending injury, especially not tonight.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 17, 2007 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Wait, Emmitt Smith was a running back? I didn't know that! Glad he just reminded us all.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 17, 2007 8:30 PM | Report abuse

These crowd-noise-induced false starts are disconcerting.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 17, 2007 8:50 PM | Report abuse

Budweiser is crap beer, but I hope they keep running that old commercial with the clydesdales and snow forever.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 17, 2007 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Chicago's defense looks horrible.

Posted by: JustMe | December 17, 2007 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Wel, I said it earlier in the season and i will say it again. I have NEVER heard of a team that has had THIS many of the same injuries. Does this happen due to lack of conditioning as far back as 'camp'? I recall Rock pulling something on a run back...shouldn't happen...conditioning appears to be off.

Posted by: mryan001 | December 17, 2007 9:08 PM | Report abuse

justme...didn't they just get two turnovers...

this is a ginormous loss for this year and next. i like blades but those saying we wont miss rocky mac are out of their minds....

this is just devestasting...the loss of our young stud defenders is sureal

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 9:09 PM | Report abuse

you cannot blame knee injuries on conditioning....this conditioning meme is getting out of hand.....

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 9:11 PM | Report abuse

They got the 2nd right after I ran off at the fingers. I really want them to play well.

Posted by: JustMe | December 17, 2007 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Agreed, conditioning does not have alot to do with serious knee injuries like this. That's like if you twist your ankle stepping on someone elses foot and blaming it on conditioning. Things like this just happen...There's no telling how he injured it.

Posted by: ga8085 | December 17, 2007 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Roy Williams suspended for the next game for the horse collar on McNabb yesterday.

Posted by: JustMe | December 17, 2007 9:22 PM | Report abuse

That's like blaming this injury on conditioning. (Not for the squeamish)

Posted by: ga8085 | December 17, 2007 9:27 PM | Report abuse

wow just me u wanna revise ur statement but make it about bears offense,,,,they suck

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 9:47 PM | Report abuse

I was sitting here thinking that, CL. They're horrible. They need a QB desperately.

I wonder if they make a pitch for McNabb in the offseason. They were talking about him during yesterday's game, and it sounds he's resigned himself to being out in Philly soon. They could certainly use him, or anyone who can complete a pass.

Posted by: JustMe | December 17, 2007 9:50 PM | Report abuse

SJK!

Is there I way I can donate my ACL and MCL to the Redskins? I'm not really using them anymore...

Posted by: Dorf | December 17, 2007 10:00 PM | Report abuse

sweet!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 10:01 PM | Report abuse

I absolutely believe McNabb will be in Chicago next season.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 17, 2007 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Yep, I'm with Lisa on this one. I see McNabb in Chicago. It will be a nice homecoming story but it won't put the bite back in the Bears.

It also won't be addition by subtraction for the Iggles, since it will finally put the bullseye squarely on Reid (no TO, no McNabb, no deep playoff runs) as the team slips into full mediocrity. I hope.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Ligament injuries are not about conditioning.

Doctors have been saying for years that pro athletes, especially football players, are using HGH and steroids, which is creating too much strain on ligaments. HGH and steroids increase body mass and muscle size around ligaments that remain the same size, causing rips and complete tears.

Why do you think there has been an exponential increase in ligament injuries?

NFL players use HGH and steroids. That is why you have men whose bodies are physical mysteries. 300+ linemen running sub-four forties. Doctors know it. Fans can deny it all they want.

Posted by: SonnyFan | December 17, 2007 10:21 PM | Report abuse

I hope, too.

Posted by: JustMe | December 17, 2007 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Go Bearse!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 10:21 PM | Report abuse

I want to put in a plug for a t-shirt company run by one of the members over on Extreme Skins. He's produced two Sean Taylor memorial t-shirts, with all of the proceeds going to the Joe Gibbs Youth for Life Foundation, which helps at-risk youth, not unlike the ones who killed Sean. I just received my t-shirts in the mail today, and they are gorgeous. Even my graphic designer wife was impressed.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 17, 2007 10:21 PM | Report abuse

This Vikings team doesn't look so good tonight.

Posted by: trink | December 17, 2007 10:23 PM | Report abuse

My post should have said sub-5 forties.

Posted by: SonnyFan | December 17, 2007 10:24 PM | Report abuse

my post should have read I love drinking 5 forties of st. ides....

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 10:30 PM | Report abuse

And, of course, Jansen will manage to knock himself out next season. Springs (if he's here) and Smoot will battle season-long hamstring injuries along with the entire recieving corps and the D line will be injured and ailing.

Unless our luck changes.

Posted by: Redskinrex | December 17, 2007 10:32 PM | Report abuse

Hang on BEARS!!!!!!!!

HAIL!

Posted by: redryan400 | December 17, 2007 10:34 PM | Report abuse

SHEET!

Posted by: redryan400 | December 17, 2007 10:37 PM | Report abuse

Be the one PTA that saves our season!

Posted by: redryan400 | December 17, 2007 10:39 PM | Report abuse

zilla, those shirts are sweeet.

Also, our blog peep Bucktown Skins Fan is doing a similar thing for charity, a very nice design he designed. http://www.cafepress.com/bucktowntees

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 10:40 PM | Report abuse

PAT! (OOPS)

Posted by: redryan400 | December 17, 2007 10:42 PM | Report abuse

well thats no good! but even though a bears win would be great, not the end of world if vikes win...

new orleans must lose 1, thats the key, outside of skins winning 2 of course

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 10:43 PM | Report abuse

is it wrong to be rooting for bears win and fantasy points from adrian peterson?

b/c i am doing just that

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Looked like one of the Vikes receivers got hurt on that last pick, but I didn't see the aftermath. Did they say anything about it on the TV?

Posted by: freakzilla | December 17, 2007 10:50 PM | Report abuse

Vikes winning a squeaker tonight would be all right with me -- a close win over a division rival would open the door for a plausible letdown after their relatively short week.

WHatevs... we CAN beat this team, and we SHOULD beat this team, and in any event we GOTTA beat this team.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 10:58 PM | Report abuse

Devin Hester must return one as the Bears have absolutely NO offense.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 17, 2007 10:58 PM | Report abuse

AH, chris Larry, you didn't say which Adrian Peterson!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 10:58 PM | Report abuse

the vikes one, but emailing the commish if I can collect points from both...

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 11:01 PM | Report abuse

On the itunes: "Minneapolis" Lucinda Williams, which is a freakin' lovely song and which I hope contains some kind of secret message about how we're going up there to beat these very VIkings on Sundee.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 11:04 PM | Report abuse

Crawl at the bottom of the screen just said that a bunch of Falcons were fined by the league for wearing Michael Vick-related signage during the game.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 17, 2007 11:07 PM | Report abuse

we can beat this Vikings team, they aren't really who we think they are!

Posted by: hankkuo | December 17, 2007 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Was at the game last night - great stuff. It wasn't pretty but huge win. Sucks about Rocky but the way this year has gone, is anybody really surprised?

Giants fans suck. I know that's a sweeping generalization, but I witnessed multiple snowball peltings, "A--HOLE" chants and several disgustingly classless and disturbing references to 21 that almost got me and my buddy in a donnybrook.

Staying positive - we win out and we WILL get in the playoffs. Saints and Giants will not both take care of bidness. We just gotta take care of ours.

Tarvaris Jackson just got hurt, not sure how bad but he was grabbing his leg. The way he's looked tonight, I kinda hope he's ready to go next week.

HAIL

Posted by: lmgaffney | December 17, 2007 11:19 PM | Report abuse

chrislarry may have gotten his fantasy points here. But not good news.

Posted by: cleary900 | December 17, 2007 11:19 PM | Report abuse

i know i know......my bad...go bears

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 11:21 PM | Report abuse

i am not used to have to worry about skins and playoff implications this late...for years i have only had fantasy to sustain me

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 11:23 PM | Report abuse

Darn it! Vikings are gonna win this one. It just keeps getting harder for us.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 17, 2007 11:29 PM | Report abuse

its hard for us b/c we made it hard.....think if we had just 1 game now....to me the eagles game was the worst.....that would be 1 more win plus nfc game for tie breakers....

hopin teams like falcons and orton lead bears can do our work for us, well.....

that said....win 2, NO lose 1 were in...

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 11:35 PM | Report abuse

hester here baby!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, this Vikings game tonight doesn't matter much for us. We HAVE to beat them next week. If we do, we will have the tiebreaker. I understand that the Bears winning could help a possible 8-8 scenario, but we could ONLY get in at 8-8 if the Saints lose their last 2 and go to 7-9 (they would have the tiebreaker over us at 8-8). So this game tonight matters very little for us.

p.s. it ain't over yet - Bears are about to get it back. that said, Orton looks pretty incompetent

Posted by: lmgaffney | December 17, 2007 11:37 PM | Report abuse

what does it mean if the jints lose their next 2...i see that as very possible....has their ever been a luckier mediocre team?

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Honestly, I think our best bet now is for the Giants to lose their last two. They play at Buffalo and then host New England.

Do they have a better division record than us? I think so....

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 17, 2007 11:42 PM | Report abuse

Well, it's over.

Wonder who will start at QB next weekend for the Bears.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 17, 2007 11:43 PM | Report abuse

So, game plan for beating these Vikings? Anyone?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 11:46 PM | Report abuse

I realize I probably overdid it with the junk food jibba jabba earlier, but by golly I gotta say, Alaskan Winter Ale = amazing.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 11:47 PM | Report abuse

Nate, my game plan is to PRAY HARD.

Posted by: Lisa_R | December 17, 2007 11:49 PM | Report abuse

The Bears collapsed in the 2nd half--I think I've seen *that* playbook before! (They can keep it!)

If the Skins keep putting up 3 TDs a game, I think they'll be OK. If they go back to 16 or 17 (or less) points they'll be in trouble. Looks like Todd's helping the team close more aggressively than they were before.

Posted by: Alan4 | December 17, 2007 11:50 PM | Report abuse

So, game plan for beating these Vikings? Anyone?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 11:46 PM

7 or 8 in the box, rely on secondary to control an uninspiring Vikings pass game.

Keep running even if we aren't having success, but give Collins plenty of opportunities to air it out.

We can get big plays on this team, we can stop their passing game and AP and the running game looked very, very human tonight.

Posted by: trink | December 17, 2007 11:52 PM | Report abuse

We ARE going to the playoffs ...Bring on the vIkes...We will win this thing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: leevi98 | December 17, 2007 11:56 PM | Report abuse

"AP, meet LaRon. You're gonna like LaRon."

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 17, 2007 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Springs and Smoot will enjoy playing catch with Tarvaris, methinks.

Bring it on.

HAIL.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 12:00 AM | Report abuse

Vikes looked pretty beatable didn't they?

The game plan is simple, don't you think? On defense, approach it like we did the Giants: focus on the run and put the game into the hands of an incompetent QB. On offense, eliminate turnovers and pass early using intermediate routes to get the safety out of the box and clear the way for Portis. Game over.

Posted by: LiberalMike | December 18, 2007 12:16 AM | Report abuse

My optimism is gone.

Rocky is a beast vs the run.

We are really set up poorly for 2008-9. We just needed a star tackle and someone to replace Danials.

On Offense one reciver and some O line help.

We had every reason to believe both units would play better next year. Now any money has to go to the Defense next year.

Posted by: mul | December 18, 2007 12:47 AM | Report abuse

how great would it be if the skins came out big against the vikes next weekend and just totally DOMINATED?

i'd love to see them take out this whole season's worth of frustration on minnesota next sunday. it could happen.

feel the momentum shifting...

Posted by: dwdjmu | December 18, 2007 12:48 AM | Report abuse

Off-topic comment that must be made...

The Writer's Guild has to come back soon. I don't think I can handle six months of garbage like "Clash of the Choirs". My ears are bleeding.

Posted by: PDiddy | December 18, 2007 1:01 AM | Report abuse

adrian peterson's cuts are just amazing. need good tacklin next sunday

Posted by: dealer | December 18, 2007 1:13 AM | Report abuse

***FP***
Got my daddies smacked.
Please take out the aussie for us. Stop.
***end FP***

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 18, 2007 1:31 AM | Report abuse

Sitting here in Ted Stevens International, thinking about the cask-conditioned barley wine I had at Glacial Brewhouse.

(11 percent) Need I say more...

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 18, 2007 1:34 AM | Report abuse

I'm not a nutritionist or a medical doctor, but I've heard it from reliable sources (and some well-respected NFL executives) that ligaments can be strengthened if player's diets include ample quantities of enriched flour, sucrose, canola oil, maple sap and bacon fat.

(Just reporting the facts here...)

oh, and it's a little late in the season to get worked up about loosing another half dozen starters (give or take). The only mystery to this misery is who and how many will go down next week as our patched together offense and defense put the wood to Minnesota...I hope our boys take their dough nuts this week.

Hey cL, are you gonna crash, Shockey's party? Or did he cancel.

Posted by: _Stumped_ | December 18, 2007 1:45 AM | Report abuse

Nate, props for recommending Deschutes Jubelale.

Picked some up tonight at Fred Meyer while making a Christmas tree light run. Good stuff, especially enjoyed from a frozen mug.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 18, 2007 2:52 AM | Report abuse

I'm a 'skins fan following the team from Beijing, China this year. Just wanted to say that I can sense the resiliency of this team all the way on the other side of the world. I always thought that Gibbs' specialty was getting players to play tough for him above all else - even above X's and O's strategy - and that hasn't changed in Gibbs 2.0.

Also, a special shout out to JLC: early in the season he was pretty much slamming the coaches' decision to bring Heyer along so quickly on the O-line, but he just recently backtracked a bit on those early comments (well, he had an anonymous scout eat some crow, anyway). Good for JLC bringing it up and recognizing the fine job that Heyer is doing, against all odds.

Go 'skins!

Posted by: hithere1 | December 18, 2007 4:21 AM | Report abuse

Early line is out with Vikings giving 7 pts. That's a bit higher than I would have guessed.

Posted by: gdennie | December 18, 2007 6:23 AM | Report abuse

Several defensive players supported rookie safety LaRon Landry a day after the first-round pick was flagged for another 15-yard penalty in a key situation Sunday night. "I like it, I like the attitude," linebacker Marcus Washington said. "Guys watched that last night on TV and they watch film and it kind of strikes a little fear in them when 'Dirty 30' is back there. It definitely sends a message." Defensive end Phillip Daniels agreed. "He reminds you of somebody, don't he?" Daniels asked. "He reminds you of Sean Taylor a little bit. He's just got to be smart

Posted by: jm220 | December 18, 2007 7:31 AM | Report abuse

jm220, I love seeing it, even at the cost of the occasional 15-yarder. THAT is what Boz was writing about when he put the words "lust for mayhem" to paper.

Eventually LaRon will learn how to get right up to that line without crossing it. And establish a nasty rep while doing it... in the SportsCenter+YouTube era, it only takes a handful of solid, nasty hits and you've built a rep which precedes you in every game. Just need to plant that fear, that seed of doubt, in every wide receiver and tight end and RB out there, just like Sean did.

Dirty 30!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 7:41 AM | Report abuse

Yeah Nate I loved the hit on Plex. Dirty 30 needs to bring it again Sunday.

Posted by: jm220 | December 18, 2007 8:05 AM | Report abuse

Couple things:

These injuries are just so deflating. RG, RT, CB, S, LB, QB, just amazing the string of injuries to starting players this team has had. Those are just the 'season ending' variety, thats not even taking into consideration the game here and game there, injuries that have hindered this team.

The Vikes look fast, on both sides of the ball. Running is going to be tough sledding up the gut. Antoine Winfield is a great corner, he'll probably cover Moss, so whatever we get from him is just gravy. Hopefully, ARE/COOLEY/MCCardell all can step up. Portis and Betts should be factored heavily into the game plan for catching passes out of the backfield.

G-Williams needs to come up with a scheme to pressure Jackson. The vikes have a great offensive line. ACarter is going to have his hands full going up against McKinnie.

Just my .02....

Posted by: gregmarino88 | December 18, 2007 8:21 AM | Report abuse

REDSKINS 24, VIKINGS 10!

No way we lose this! A team with any offense at all would've beat the Vikes last night. Very, very few teams win six in a row. No pressure on us; we're on the outside looking in and a lot of things have to break right. But a young team with it's destiny in it's hands will choke trying to win it's sixth straight. They tried to choke last night but the Bears were bigger chokers. Trust me on this: we win.....

Posted by: Soups1 | December 18, 2007 8:30 AM | Report abuse

No doubt, Soups, if we go up there and impose our will on them with stout defense and this resurgent running game, make up our minds to punch them in the nose, keep attacking, and don't settle for a loss, just keep bringing it all game, every swingin' soul. As we did in unmanning the Giants.

I'd forgotten about their five-game winning streak coming in. Good call. Six straight would be a too tall an order for these clowns. (The Bears simply refused to win; despite all the breaks, they found a way.)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Funky butt lovin'!

Posted by: lilfraze20 | December 18, 2007 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Bad news for Rocky and the Skins, but at least the season isn't done yet.

I think you guys are going to find it really hard to run on the Vikings, but their defense isn't 31st against the pass for nothing! You're going to have to run effectively enough to keep the pass option available but they don't look great against the pass, and it being in a dome should suit Todd better than the windtunnel of Meadowlands.

Another point, did anyone think Tarvaris Jackson is any good after seeing that game last night? He looked pretty awful to me, although I gave up on the game before the end.

Posted by: toddcoat | December 18, 2007 9:25 AM | Report abuse

After seeing all the highlight footage of the Vikes and AP tearing it up this season I was under the impression that they were dominant. After watching last nights game my opinion has changed greatly... The offense looked anemic and Tavarus is young and simply trying to (overused this year) "manage the game". I give credit to the Vikes coaching staff for establishing a gameplan that provides for success AP... Quite simply without him I don't know if they would have won 2 in a row. That said this Vikes team is beatable and there is no way that TODDBALL should not reign supreme on Sunday night.

Posted by: trailblazer658 | December 18, 2007 9:34 AM | Report abuse

This is definatly not good, hb blades gets to step up now

Posted by: SAK2 | December 18, 2007 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Damn, sucks about Rocky's knee!! Who are we gonna lose in the Vikings game? Our playoff run will be made without half of our original starters.

Posted by: NCICURN | December 18, 2007 9:40 AM | Report abuse

I can't help but think that Rocky is another draft bust for the Redskins. They ignored his injury history and traded up in the 2006 draft to get him. They gave the Jets the #21 pick in the second round and the #5 in the second round of 2007 to get him.

The #21 pick turned out to be Anthony Fasano (by Dallas in a trade), although the 'Skins probably could have gotten Thomas Howard, who went to Oakland and has had better stats than MacIntosh in his first two years.

As for the #5 last pick in the second round in 2007, it went to San Diego who chose a safety, Eric Weddle, not a need for the 'Skins. The 'Skins could have chosen from a bunch of DE's and WR's who went right after Weddle.

I'm betting that Rocky never signs a second contract with the Redskins and will retire early, like LaVar, due to injuries.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 18, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

The vikings run d is pretty tough, which spells bad news for us. We will need Collins to loosen them up with some early throws, not even necessarily deep. Just quick reads and dumps. Peterson is the only scary thing on their offense. He could be tough to contain due to his speed......I think it's gonna be up to the offense to win this one for us; let's see how Collins plays in the dome. Should be able to throw for 300 plus.....Hail!

Posted by: dlhaze | December 18, 2007 9:45 AM | Report abuse

TE,

c'mon dude you sound ridiculous...it was his other knee! The risk of his injury is the same for any player that steps on the field, its football....

Retroactively slapping the skins for the Rocky Mac pick is straight dumb. With a team so ripe for criticism pick something else. The dude was great. Yes this could be career threatening but thats not a "draft bust"

You need to change your handle to the "King of Hindsight"

Posted by: chrislarry | December 18, 2007 9:49 AM | Report abuse

People can we stop underestimating the Vikings?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

You don't win 5 in a row and suck. Also AP aint the only quality RB. Chester Taylor is legit AND ripped open the Skins last year on opening night.

Not to mention Offensive line is huge and they are great against the run....

Posted by: chrislarry | December 18, 2007 9:52 AM | Report abuse

I agree we need to score some points to win this one, Im thinking 24-20, also going to be some big defensive play this week on both sides. bears have a horible offense if not for their def. getting turnovers last night they would have been blown out.

Posted by: SAK2 | December 18, 2007 9:56 AM | Report abuse

"... this conditioning meme is getting out of hand....."

Posted by: chrislarry | December 17, 2007 09:11 PM

cL's use of the word "meme" is getting out of hand. But definitely agree about _te_ and the benefit of hindsight. te, get a cup of coffee, it will all get better soon. I'm with the guy in China ... this team is RESILIENT. [That said, I also would rather have had Thomas Howard, but only b/c his dad was a great pro DE and his performance has been equivalent to Rocky's, only one year earlier.]

Tavaris Jackson is who we thought he was. The only way he can step up his game is to change his name to Todd.

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 9:57 AM | Report abuse

correction: Thomas Howard's dad was a LB, not a DE, and a good player, not a great player.

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

I know, I love that word, but only use it when appropriate....

I will try to abstain!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 18, 2007 10:00 AM | Report abuse

I agree with CL on both points. Rocky has had a good year for his first year starting in the NFL. This injury isn't a death knell, he could come back in 9 months, and play at the same level or higher.

The Vikes have a GREAT OL. Hutchinson, and McKinnie, are absolute beasts. Carter and Griff/Monty are going to have their hands full on that side. Carter is going to be at a roughly 100 pound disadvantage. The Vikes are going to pound away. The Redskins need to score early, and get out to a lead, so that the Vikes are playing catch up, and putting the ball in Jackson's hands.

Posted by: gregmarino88 | December 18, 2007 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Never underestimate any team in the NFL. That said, it is ridiculous that the media have been treating Minnesota like some kind of playoff inevitability. Their quarterback play is awful. AWFUL. Last time I checked, that was a pretty important aspect of the game.

Posted by: LiberalMike | December 18, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

I'm wondering how playing outside, in Chicago (on Lake Michigan), at night, adversely affected Jackson's play. Sucks if he gets better playing at home, inside. I'd rather be in a position to rely on the rushing packages (secondary/LBs) than the passing ones.

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Sween, Chris Larry,

Well, duh, hindsight? That's clever. How else can you judge a draft but wait and see how the players turn out? Is it always coulda, woulda, shoulda?

In this case, it wasn't hindsight, dogs. It was foresight. The Redskins were widely criticized at the time for throwing away the draft picks to get Rocky and scouts and talent evaluators cited Rocky's injury history and predicted that he couldn't hold up in the NFL. It was a risky pick that hasn't (and I'm saying, with foresight) won't pay off.

The same is true of Jason Campbell -- which was another risky pick given the price the 'Skins paid. He may yet prove to be the real deal, and the jury's still out. But whether he paid off, or not, can only be determined based on how he develops. He may prove to be the steal of the draft. Or not.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | December 18, 2007 10:10 AM | Report abuse

te, OK, will accept that. Still, a cup of joe is always a nice way to start the day.

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 10:12 AM | Report abuse

TA, how many games did Rocky miss due to that knee that the scouts were so concerned about?

Posted by: gregmarino88 | December 18, 2007 10:14 AM | Report abuse

TE, using that logic (with hindsight), doesn't that make Sean Taylor a bad pick? To put it bluntly, we have a #5 pick who isn't on the team anymore. What a waste, right? We ignored his questionable character, and we could have taken Kellen Winslow Jr. He's still playing......

Posted by: dlhaze | December 18, 2007 10:16 AM | Report abuse

T-E,

The type of injury he got is just not related to what the scouts were saying. I remember the stuff you are talking about. He had problems in the other knee and scouts were concerned about his "durability." This is not a durability issue. Its just the way the knee was contacted. Could have been the Cal Ripken of football (Mr. Durability) and it would not have mattered. It's a risk of the game, nothing you could scout or predict.

Posted by: LiberalMike | December 18, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Sorry to bring up a sore spot. I just think Rocky is a good pick. Anyone can blow out their knee.....

Posted by: dlhaze | December 18, 2007 10:17 AM | Report abuse

dcsween - the Vikings were at home (indoors) last night.

Posted by: LiberalMike | December 18, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

my understanding about Rocky's knee condition was whether it was something congenital and degenerative versus not ... something about how his knees make noises (creaky). My feet do that ... which makes for a real drag trying to sneak out of the room after getting a baby to sleep in the crib. More than once I've gotten the cry that says "shut up, squeaky feet!"

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 10:19 AM | Report abuse

LMike, oops, my bad. shame on me for not having cable!

I like our kicking/punting games indoors.

Question: for next weekend's season ending injury, who is the next best player-at-position on deck? Cooley? Landry? Fletcher? Samuels? Springs? Smoot? Portis? Moss? ARE?

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

TE,

don't see it my man, just think your flat wrong.

Posted by: chrislarry | December 18, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

what is with this rash of RIers with no cable?!?!?!

Posted by: chrislarry | December 18, 2007 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Dude, its not like I don't have a TV! [Plus, I do have a 170 mile antennae ... so I get both DC and Balto stations.] Normally, Mondays are my late night drinking nights so it hasn't come up.

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 10:26 AM | Report abuse

I can't remember a season when so many serious injuries befell the skins. It's depressing. Ever forward I guess.

Posted by: SeanTizzy2DaHizzy | December 18, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Hey, sween, even I knew the game was at Minny last night!

And look, I know we're playing at Minny on Sunday!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Roy Williams and this Horse Collar stuff is getting out of hand. The only reason he does it is because he is about the slowest safty in the NFL. He can't catch anyone so he cheats.

I was wondering (and screaming) on sunday about when enough is enough and he woudl get suspended.

I would say, wow I wish he was out for the skins game instead, but I'm sure WHOEVER they put in for him even if its the janitor, will be better than he is.

Also how did he get a rep for making big hits? about the only thing he can do is square on tackle. he has never made an athletic tackle in his carrer. ever now and then he hits a runningback when they are forced directly at him as the only running lane.

Side note, that hit Ken Hamlin put on was a rutine reaper hit and everone was all pumped. They only difference was thats kens first and will be his last. Sean Taylor hit fools like that 4 times a game and so will landry one day. the difference is they do go to the ground and cry after their own hits like little pussy boys.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 10:32 AM | Report abuse

I think Williams is overrated because he has a few defensive TD's in prime time (at least ine against the skins). Hamlin is just a dirty punk. That hit he laid was helmet to helmet; caused a head injury, and he didn't even get flagged (although he might get fined if he hasn't already). He's the guy from Seatlle who got shot in a bar, right? He's just another Pac man.....dirty punk/thug.

Posted by: dlhaze | December 18, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Though the Giants game is quickly becoming a thing of the past, I also would like to return to my love of Landry's hit before the personal foul. Burress had both hands on the ball and had it into his body before Landry brought the lust for mayhem hit knocking it out of his body. Burress was in full body barf when he FUMBLED that ball out of bounds.

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 10:37 AM | Report abuse

It's amazing how Roy Williams is so trumped up. He really is one of the worst safties in the NFL. Can someone name a starting safty that is worse?

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Adam Archu.....never mind, you said starting.

Posted by: gregmarino88 | December 18, 2007 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Actaully I will answer my own question. Brian Dawkins went from one of the best safties in the NFL to the worst.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 10:42 AM | Report abuse

How about anthony smith from the steelers. They miss ryan clark as much as we did last year when archedouche was playing.

Posted by: puttinforbird | December 18, 2007 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Sams, I agree. From what I've seen of Dawk this year, Father Time seems to have caught up with him. He's piling on, more so than making the initial hit. He had a good run....

Posted by: gregmarino88 | December 18, 2007 10:48 AM | Report abuse

He also gets treated like a little boy in coverage. They dance around him the pat him on the butt and run away.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

But as a side note he can still do his X-Man dance crawl before the game so that is all that really matters.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 10:50 AM | Report abuse

sams3/gregmarinio88

I agree he's no longer a pro bowler, but don't bury BDawk just yet. He's definitely diminished from his prime, but he still puts himself and others in the right position to make plays and doesn't miss opportunities when they present themselves.

Adam

Posted by: argh | December 18, 2007 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I would still take dawkins over williams any day, and so would the cowboy fans i know they hope they dont reup his contract and just try and trade him away. I also dont get why he is probubly going to make the probowl he hasnt done anything this year.

Posted by: SAK2 | December 18, 2007 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Lisa - if we win out, that obviously presupposes a win over Dallas and Minny...we would have equal divisional (3-3) and conf (7-5) records with NYG...the next tiebreaker is record against common opponents - again if we win out and they lose out, we'd edge them by 1 (Minnesota). So, if we and Giants finish 9-7, we get in. OR, we finish 9-7 and Saints lose 1 of their last 2, we're in.

Bottom line is we gotta win out or it gets to be less than 5% chance we get in.

Nate - as for gameplanning, I think we K.I.S.S. (talking to Gibbs of course, not calling you stupid) - Portis looked great, which means the line was doing a great job (Heyer will turn out to be a steal/Jansen's heir apparent) so we need to put it on his shoulders. Mix in Ladell for sure, but CP needs 20 carries MINIMUM this week, even though I know Minny's got a top-flight run defense. It will open Collins midrange game up to Cooley, Caldwell, ARE. And we need to get Santana a couple slip screens on that fast track against an average secondary. Defensively- stack the box and make Tarvaris beat us. based on what i saw last night, I'll take my chances there.
HAIL

Posted by: lmgaffney | December 18, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

for the same reason he makes it every year. becaue there are 10 trillion dallas fans and he has a fake rep for being good.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Good work, gaffney, thanks.

One thing I continue to struggle with: how does one pronounce "Tarvaris"?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

tuh-VAHR-iss

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF YEAR

WHO WILL WIN: Colts SS Bob Sanders. This is the year that showed that good safety play, not just a pass-rushing defensive end and corners that reroute receivers inside, might be the most important factor in the Tampa 2 scheme. Roaming all over the field this year, Sanders will set a career high for tackles (he's got 87; 91 is his best in '05) and he's already had more sacks (2.5), passes defensed (3) than ever before.

I totally agree with this.... I mean for god sake the man had 3, t-h-r-e-e passes defensed! He is like the brady of safties!

Its not like Albert Haynesworth is the biggest force in all of football on D from the DT spot. The man runs the game from a spot that is so hard to make any noise from its insane.

If Bob Sanders doesn't get it it will be a travisty! Vote three times, once for each pass defensed!

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 11:13 AM | Report abuse

So from a karmic perspective, we're due to have a completely healthy roster throughout the 2008 season, right? Rehabbing players aside.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Has any other professional sports team gone through so much tragedy, adversity, injuries as the Redskins of 2007?

Any sport? Any level?

Seriously this may be the worst ever in history of sports.

Posted by: mmz114 | December 18, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

SAK2 I agree even at age 1.5 million he is still better than Roy "trash" Williams.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

This does not help as much as I thought it would. From his Vikings.com profile:

"Name is pronounced TAHvah-ris.."

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I hope so Nate.

Posted by: jm220 | December 18, 2007 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 11:14 AM

Even if this is true and karma does come through the rehab portion of it is about half our players anyway. the 2004 05 and 06 tops picks are all gone for next year. 04 being forever

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Hmm... Loseable Type won't let me pun on "horse collar." It wasn't very funny anyway. Something about a prostitute.

I should watch myself. I don't want to get IP-blacklisted like noone from tampa.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

chrislarry, first let me say that I definitely am not underestimating the Vikings...HOWEVER, here are 4 of the last 5 times they have beaten....Oakland, SF, Detroit, Chicago. The other team was the Giants.

Posted by: Lisa | December 18, 2007 11:18 AM | Report abuse

sams3, you have Carlos and RockyMac out for the entire 2008 season already!? Doesn't that seem a bit premature?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 11:19 AM | Report abuse

maybe not carlos but it will take him the whole year to get back to passable again. and rocky will be back a little quicker but as far as play is concerned they won't be the same for another year, if ever.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Ken Hamlin was assaulted at a bar and fractured his skull, not a gunshot. I wouldn't comare him to Pacman and assume he is a thug from one dirty hit on the field. That is what the media did with #21.

Gonna be a whole lot of extra Bills and Eagles fans this weekend from Redskin nation.

Posted by: cdubb | December 18, 2007 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Maybe Ken Hamil was vishiously hit in the facemask becuase the other person wasn't good enough to line the hit up correctly.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 11:23 AM | Report abuse

One thing I continue to struggle with: how does one pronounce "Tarvaris"?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 11:10 AM

"INT TD SMOOOOOT", methinks.

Posted by: 4-12 | December 18, 2007 11:24 AM | Report abuse

So 4 of our next 5 playoff games are on the road:

@ Minnesota
home vs. Dallas
@ Seattle or Tampa
@ Dallas or GB
@ Dallas or GB

Then it's on to Arizona! Simple, really.

Posted by: 4-12 | December 18, 2007 11:30 AM | Report abuse

"Ken Hamlin was assaulted at a bar and fractured his skull, not a gunshot. ..."

Posted by: cdubb | December 18, 2007 11:22 AM

Wow. I didn't know they had this kind of violence in Seattle. I figured Seattle's violence was mostly EXTREME passive aggressiveness, aggressive sarcasm, and Earth-unfriendly behaviors like buying an SUV.

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 11:32 AM | Report abuse

My label of thug comes from watching him play week in/week out. He plays like Andre (Dirty) Waters, and is alot more proud of himself (makes smoot look like an introvert). The guy constantly comes in late, headhunts, holds, and acts like he's the greatest to ever wear pads. He's a thug. Just watch him play in these last 2 weeks. Sorry I was wrong about him being shot; I guess he accidentally fell into someone's baseball bat while they were swinging it. Happens all the time.

Posted by: dlhaze | December 18, 2007 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I like the cut of your jib, 4-12.

Here's Bailey from Wayzata, one of the distractions which our lads will have to overcome in Minneapolis. (Frederick, I'm looking at you.)

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Lisa, as always, makes an excellent point. With the benefit of hindsight, Minnesota has had a very easy schedule. Their big losses have come from Dallas, Philly, and Green Bay (hey, ANYONE can lose to THOSE teams). Green Bay shut them out 34-0. http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/schedule?team=MIN&id=3000

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Does anyone else find it mind-blowing how many cowboys fans there are all of a sudden now that they are doing well? espn message boards are dominated by them. They best part is they have to be the least informed fans in all of football. They are defending the fact that Roy Williams tries to hurt people to prevent big plays. there is a better way to not give up big plays run faster than the other or be in the correct position. if you are the slowest safty of all ti atleast try to learn how to be near the play. Instead you can just get beat then pull down from behind. The dude coudln't even catch McKnee last week. Get a new job.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Now that i have re-read my post I realize the sentance structure is so bad that it is unreadable.

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Nate, your Bailey* refers to herself in the third person. That is a turn off for dcsween.

* How does Huggies find itself a spokesbaby from Wayzata, Minnesota?

Posted by: dcsween | December 18, 2007 11:47 AM | Report abuse

mmz,

we have had a terrible season, in terms of tragedy and season ending injuries. no doubt.

but we haven't had the worst season ever, by any stretch. there have been several teams that have been killed in plane or crashes (was it Oklahoma State bball game? wasn't there a football team too). Whole teams wiped out

Posted by: carocanesfan | December 18, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Nate says **beep beep**

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 18, 2007 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sams3 | December 18, 2007 10:42 AM

Dawkins has been a shadow of his former self, ever since Yoda knocked him out.

Posted by: tafka | December 18, 2007 12:13 PM | Report abuse