Rogers, R. Thomas Return; Moss Uncertain

On Saturday, during the Redskins' scrimmage, injuries limited many players and kept some of them out of pads altogether. But on Sunday morning at Redskins Park, several were present at practice, helmet in tow - some even going full-speed for the first time in several days.

Cornerback Carlos Rogers, who hadn't practiced in eight days because of a strained calf muscle, returned to action Sunday morning, running drills with his fellow defensive backs.

Guard Randy Thomas had also missed several practices with a sore knee. Offensive line coach Joe Bugel had said on at least two occasions that he was worried about Thomas. But Thomas said he knew Saturday afternoon that he'd be ready to return to practice on Sunday.

"I'm feeling better. Going in the right direction," he said. "Just takes a little bit more time to warm than I used to. Now I just need to build from here."

Also back on the field after missing Saturday's scrimmage with nagging injuries were right tackles Mike Williams (groin) and Stephon Heyer (knee), defensive lineman J.D. Skolnitsky (hamstring), fullback Eddie Williams (knee) and receivers Devin Thomas (hamstring) and Malcolm Kelly (hamstring).

There were, however, a couple of notable players sitting out the morning practice. Receiver Santana Moss, who is nursing a sore hamstring, did mostly side-work. He had little to report on his injury after practice, calling it "same old same old."

"All you can do is go day by day, man," he said. "Me telling you every day something is getting better - you see me practicing you'll know I'm ready to go. Other than that, man, all I can do is go day by day."

So when can fans expect Moss back? "I really don't know," he said. "When it's time to go, I'll be out there."

Also missing practice were right tackle Jeremy Bridges, who suffered a slight ankle sprain Saturday' cornerback Kevin Barnes, who has a sore knee, and running back Anthony Alridge, who suffered a sprained toe. Coach Jim Zorn wasn't certain whether any of the three would be healthy and ready for Thursday's preseason opener
at the Baltimore Ravens.

By Rick Maese  |  August 9, 2009; 11:03 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Alridge, Dorsey Try to Hold On
Next: One-on-One With Mike Williams

Comments

first!

Posted by: Rashad8o4 | August 9, 2009 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Well that report is good to hear... Maybe it IS a bit too early to be freaking out about the O line....

psyche!

Posted by: Rashad8o4 | August 9, 2009 11:16 AM | Report abuse

Moss doesn't need the practice anyway...bring him along slowly. Needs fresh legs for live bullets.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 9, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | August 9, 2009 11:22 AM | Report abuse

I agree. Same goes for CP. He takes enough abuse during season. Save him for now.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 9, 2009 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Good to see Carlos & R Thomas are back. Hopefully Mike Williams can step up and give Heyer a run for his $!

I hope Barnes is okay. I want to see some Giants puking on Youtube next month....

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | August 9, 2009 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I don't know the 'spaghetti westerns'.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 9, 2009 11:11 AM

Most were done by Clint in the early to mid-60's

A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

From wikipedia: The typical team was made up of an Italian director, Italo-Spanish technical staff and a cast of Italian and Spanish actors, sometimes a falling Hollywood star and sometimes a rising one like the young Clint Eastwood in three of Sergio Leone's films. The films were primarily shot in the Andalusia region of Spain—in particular the Tabernas Desert of Almería—Sardinia or Abruzzo, because they resemble the American Southwest. Because of the desert setting and the readily available southern Spanish extras, a usual theme in Spaghetti Westerns is the Mexican Revolution, Mexican bandits, and the border region shared by Mexico and the U.S.

Posted by: noonefromtampa | August 9, 2009 11:48 AM | Report abuse

If you have a watch list I would also add

Once Upon a Time in the West

and then there are comedic spaghetti westerns like:
They Call Me Trinity
Trinity Is STILL My Name!
My Name Is Nobody

Posted by: noonefromtampa | August 9, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Outlaw Josie Wales - strong to fairly strong.

Moss is fine, glad he's resting. Thomas, Samules, not as confident.

Sign Joe Jacoby

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | August 9, 2009 12:01 PM | Report abuse

i miss jasno. these posts are so dry. he got me hooked on insider.

Posted by: batigol85 | August 9, 2009 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Keep Moss on the sidelines till week 3 of the pre season. He doesn't need the work and we need him fresh and those hammies rested and not barking. Portis also needs to be kept fresh this pre season too. Let's not burn these guys out or risk something stupid by playing them more than what's necessary this August.

Posted by: rich20ssu | August 9, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

And for American parodies, u must include !Three Amigos! and Blazing Saddles.

-----------------------------

noonefromtampa said:

If you have a watch list I would also add

Once Upon a Time in the West

and then there are comedic spaghetti westerns like:
They Call Me Trinity
Trinity Is STILL My Name!
My Name Is Nobody

Posted by: cgriesba | August 9, 2009 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Guess once they work out the details, Eli Manning will officially be the NFL's highest paid player. That doesn't seem to quell the anxiety in NY, however. One columnist noted that the TD that Eli threw to Toomer against Washington in the first quarter of the Nov. 30 game last season (two days after Plax shot himself) was also the last TD pass Eli threw to a WR during the season. In other words, he went five games (incl. one playoff) and 166 passes without connecting to anybody except a TE.

Toomer's gone, now. Along with Burress and Derrick Ward.

Five games, only 2 TD passes, none to a wideout.

Not that the Giants' don't have some talented young receivers, but geez...

Posted by: Samson151 | August 9, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Toomer's gone, now. Along with Burress and Derrick Ward.

Five games, only 2 TD passes, none to a wideout.

Not that the Giants' don't have some talented young receivers, but geez...

Posted by: Samson151 | August 9, 2009 12:19 PM | Report abuse

I agree, Samson. Like someone said last week, he's not even 2nd best QB in his own family. I think that LilBro is nothing more than an average QB, nowhere near the league of Brady and BigBro.

But that's good for us. Gints are using a lot of cap space to sign him. And he doesn't scare me

Posted by: frediefritz | August 9, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Nice idea having a scatback, but I don't see either of these guys uprooting Cartwright from the roster. I suspect the team will enter the season with the same running backs they had last year with no changes. This means Marcus Mason,Dorsey and Aldridge get the axe. I think Aldridge and Dorsey might be eligible for the developmental roster, but I also think Mason has used up all of his developmental roster eligibility. Hind sight being 20-20, I think the team would have been better off searching for a speedster who can occupy dual roles such as receiver and running back.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 9, 2009 10:54 AM

"Paging Mr. Vick." "Mr. Vick white courtesy phone." When talking about this guy, everybody talks about QB, what about just signing him as an "athlete"? Campbell would be happy, we'd have some serious speed on the field...I'm just sayin'

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 9, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

peeb...peeb...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 9, 2009 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Hate to say it but our whole season is riding on Moss' hamstring...again.

Posted by: kone | August 10, 2009 8:11 AM | Report abuse