Brian Westbrook is in no hurry to sign, McDaniels says

If you're the type who thinks no news is good news, well, Happy Friday! Because there's no news on the Westbrook front to report. Westbrook met with the Redskins on Wednesday and then hopped on a flight to Denver to meet with the Broncos on Thursday. There's still no contract signed with any team -- the Rams are believed to be in play, too -- but Denver Coach Josh McDaniels did speak with the Denver Post on Thursday.

"We had a great meeting with him," McDaniels told the Denver Post's Lindsay Jones. "He's not in a hurry. He's a talented player, but certainly we wanted to do our research, so we got him in here. We had an opportunity to speak with him. He's a great person, a great football player and he's healthy now."

McDaniel said that Westbrook is in "no hurry" to sign, which could be interpreted in a couple of ways. As free agency drags on, free agents generally have to lower their financial expectations. Westbrook, having met with three teams now, might not be ready to do that quite yet. It's also possible that the teams simply haven't put concrete
offers on the table.

Washington General Manager Bruce Allen called the Redskins' visit an "exploratory meeting," and said the two sides would continue to talk. Of course, it's also possible that the Redskins just aren't as interested as the other
teams. After all, the Rams were the first to have Westbrook in for a visit and the running back, whose 2009 season was cut short by two concussions, checked out physically, and the Broncos only rushed into action when Washington appeared to be in the chase.

So no news for now, but if one of the teams is serious about Westbrook -- and there surely isn't a better third-down back available on the market right now -- this shouldn't drag out too long.

By Rick Maese  |  May 14, 2010; 12:31 PM ET
Categories:  Running backs
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Popp, Alouettes GM, reportedly could join Redskins
Next: Donovan McNabb hopes to improve on postseason record with Redskins

Comments

The Mayor has gone rogue/dark/underground.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | May 14, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

First to say, these offseason stories suck!!!

Posted by: monk811 | May 14, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

They really do suck... Out of curiousity, how many people here actually live in the DC/MD/VA area?

Posted by: WishboneJr | May 14, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posta Bias in RI???

scottcampbell1975

".. If you throw a pie at Obama Red comes along and calls you a racist..."

"...I don't (Obama) I'm unAmerican. Little do they know that railing against the government is THE most American activity of all time."

I don't get the ' hate on big government' beef.

Folks been hating on big government since Reagan tricked them into thinking the array of agencies that serve the public is evil.

Thing is, government hasn't shrunk and the beefing has gotten louder--no matter who is president.

Why?: 'cuz folks only vote back in some dude who works to do nothing but increase government all in the name of shrinking it.

I think it's all tricknology as folks hate the government right up until the hurricane, tornado, earthquake, disability/retirement check or whatever doesn't get dealt with the way it's supposed to.

Me?: I like the government like I like booty--big, expensive, and just enough to get my hands around.

And I got big hands.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm going with 17 and a half.

Posted by: iH8dallas

Orakpo will have a lot more sacks if Albert is here.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

moe,
re "the government":
indeed, the number one role of the government, i.e., the BUREAUCRACY, is to preserve itself.

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | May 14, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

The blog blows today.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 12:44 PM

everyone has a wicked hangover from yesterday.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 14, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

The blog blows today.

Posted by: iH8dallas

And yet, its a big improvement from yesterday

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

everyone has a wicked hangover from yesterday.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo

I know I do. I almost called the cops on myself driving to work.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | May 14, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Starting to look like an old folks home for backs...Don't understand the thinking behind this..Almost like being back in the 70's, and George Allen is still the coach. I hope this is all temporary thinking.

Posted by: carlhimmelright | May 14, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Poopy McPoop has been dethroned as best blog name.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | May 14, 2010 12:55 PM

the name is actually really random, and hardly the best one here.

cows became a running joke in our family, to the point where mother-in-law now sends nothing but bovine themed tchotchkes for special occasions like the calves' birthdays.

personally detest the cow alarm clock that moos in the middle of the night b/c little ones like to play with dials and switches.

in any case, several years ago when WaPo started requiring registration to view content, I needed a bullsh!t e-mail address, and the good ones related to cows were already taken... this was about all that was left.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 14, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I'm going with 17 and a half.

Posted by: iH8dallas

Orakpo will have a lot more sacks if Albert is here.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

i like what haslett said. Rak rushes about 200 times last year for 11 sacks. He said they will be rushing 600 times (which I think equates to a entire seasons worth of plays). So, knowing rak is not going to be the only one rushing, and not always rushing instead dropping into coverage,
600/200 = 3
take 11 X 3 = 33

33/4 = 8.25

carry the 1 =

nothing, i suck at math

Posted by: Zeebs1 | May 14, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Question,
Who stands to win the battle for top RB slot?
L.J., C.P. or Willie Parker ?

Can we keep all 3 on our roster ?
Or is that asking for trouble ?

Posted by: OG_Barno | May 14, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: WishboneJr
_________________________________________

Hey Wishbonejr,
I grew up in NVA, watching DC sports, reading the WPost, rooting for Lefty and the Terps, George Allen and the Skins.
Career move: moved away during the Gibbs years.
Still a die-hard; always will be.
Still read the WPost, listen to 980AM, and Skins' radio broadcasts too!

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | May 14, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

"Brian Westbrook is in no hurry to sign"

"We asked you this week whether you wanted the Redskins to sign free agent running back Brian Westbrook and 55 percent of the more than 5,000 votes were "No."

Put Moe in the "no" column.

The Washington Redskins are not the dumping for old eagles: McNabb, J Trotter, J Thrash....

The folks who want Westbrook are remembering the guy from the past who lit us up.

But the chink in his armour showed in a late 2008 game where using a hybrid style defense, the skins shut down McNabb & Company.

And even if he does have something left in the tank, the team neds to find younger guys with just as much ability.

They are out there, you know.

You just have to take the time to find them.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

I'd like a story on how well Chris Wilson is doing in the new defense? He could be the wild card we've left out.

He might be a better fit in the 3-4 than Carter.

But that is all to moot with an O-Line that has yet to prove itself.

Posted by: Devo2 | May 14, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

I don't get the 55% who are Westbrook-signing haters. There would be no down-side to it. He'd be getting very little, if any, guarranteed money, he might be the best of the Over-The-Hill-Gang Redux at RB, and if he, or any of the other RB candidates, doesn't work out, the team doesn't even have to bring him to training camp. Besides, the more time he spends with us, the less time he has to aclimate himself to one of our competitors, should he eventually end up getting cut.

Posted by: rbpalmer | May 14, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

pretty sure if we signed westbrook, our backfield would be older than the rolling stones.

Posted by: bcarothers | May 14, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

My sense of it, though, is that he'll end up somewhere else. Too much competition here.

Posted by: rbpalmer | May 14, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Oh how wrong you are! If you throw a pie at Obama Red comes along and calls you a rascist. And then every other liberal d bag crawls out of the woodwork to defend their savior.

Posted by: scampbell1975

First of all, why are you mentioning my name?

You can't leave sh*t alone, can you? Where is the percentage in constantly mentioning my name, like you're my b*tch or something.

Goddamn son, keep my name out ya post.

You don't fu_k with me, and you know I don't fu_k with you, so let's leave it at that. LIG already.

Anyway, I've always said that I don't agree with everything Obama does. Have said NUMEROUS times that I'm not one of those blacks that sides with Obama because "my president is black". When it comes to health care, I side with those who are against it more than those who are for it. But dude has been in 18 months, I can give him 4 years to see how it all plays out.

But this isn't about Barack Obama at all.

As I said you initial comments you made to 4thFloor were not made in a joking manner. Seriously, who jokes as such:

Hey 4th, my family comes from Scotland. Think they know anything abut real farming you phukin' rascist sh!tball? It's funny how you slavery crybabies can only read so far back in history. My ancestors were enslaved by the English but I'm not cryin' about it. We kicked their ass and earned our freedom.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 13, 2010 1:30 PM

Yeah, ha-ha, big joke, too fuuny! *knee slap*

No one jokes in that manner, unless they personally know that person, and even, then I'd highly doubt that would speak to them in that context. Suggesting someone is racist. Talking down the plight of African-American people in this country?

Hilarious.

Don't get mad at me that you got exposed for the racist coward turd that you are, scamp. Only a coward wouldn't stand by what he has to say.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975

First of all, why are you mentioning my name?

Goddamn son, keep my name out ya post.

But this isn't about Barack Obama at all.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 13, 2010 1:30 PM

Yeah, ha-ha, big joke, too fuuny! *knee slap*

Hilarious.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

IMO, Portis gets the start, LJ gets the goaline gos between the meatpackers in the trenches, Parker either gets axed for roster space or spells CJ/LJ for some wind. At their respective ages, CP and LJ are the best of the bunch. Parker was succesful from a first step that is all but lost.

re: actual DMV residents - Falls Church here
re: everyone being hungover - it hurts, bad.

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

And I don't think everyone is a racist. Just your types. Dude, all you have to do is look at your "disses" to me yesterday. All had racial under-tones, all are sterotypical thoughts of the African-American community. You know it, I damn sure you know it, and the blof knows it. But ONLY you would try and spin in a way that "I believe in the racist sterotypes". Like I said the new thing with you racist fu_ks is to flip it back on the accuser and accuse them of being raicst. When the accuser has more than enough of a base to stand on when making their accusations.

Random Minority: You're a racist son of a b*tch.

Ku Klux Klan Wizard: No, you are.

Oh and still waiting on actual proof that I actually threatened you prior to yesterday, and no, your accusations don't count.

Smap, I refuse to go back and forth with you another day, or another minute for that matter. YOU were exposed for the bigot bastard that you are, and you did it to yourself. Call it one of those self-defecating moments (sic). You couldn't wait to go on one of your daily racial based/political rants, and when you realized that you took 4th's post out of context AND WHEN OTHER POSTERS CALLED YOU OUT FOR IT, only then did you back off your comments by claiming that you were "joking".

Only thing is no one found it funny but you.

Feel free to curse, rant and rave at me to your heart's content. Only thing is I won't even condescend to your pathetic level to give you the pleasure of receiving an additional retort from me.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbpalmer | May 14, 2010 1:25 PM

I can't speak for everyone and certainly not for "haters" but I'd rather have them work with guys who are on their way up, not their way down. Westbrook just needs one more good lick and he's out of football. This is not the way to build a team.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rbpalmer

The competition had 400 carries and 1 rushing TD. Its not a high bar.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

If you throw a pie at Obama ... then every other liberal d bag crawls out of the woodwork to defend their savior.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 14, 2010 12:44 PM

The President is neither a liberal nor a savior. Since he got elected, now he's just another guy with a job.

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Question,
Who stands to win the battle for top RB slot? L.J., C.P. or Willie Parker ?

Posted by: OG_Barno | May 14, 2010 1:22 PM

Ryan Torain

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

" Westbrook just needs one more good lick and he's out of football. This is not the way to build a team.Posted by: beep-beep"

The problem in a nutshell. Time was when nobody knew much about concussions and what happened to players after retirement, so guys like Aikman could postpone it, but those days are gone. I think Westbrook signs with St Louis and becomes a part-timer.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 14, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Hey Wishbonejr,
Career move: moved away during the Gibbs years.
Still a die-hard; always will be.
Still read the WPost, listen to 980AM, and Skins' radio broadcasts too!
Posted by: RedskinRay1 | May 14, 2010 1:22 PM

Excellent! I hope not everyone lives in this area, but you seem to have some common sense. All I see on this blog are trolls.

I grew up in DC and NoVa also! DC sport are embedded in my blood, especially football. I dont think you can live in this area as a guy and not have some sort of involvement in football.

Posted by: WishboneJr | May 14, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

---------

Agreed, but I think at this point they are bring in all sorts at all positions in order to reinforce a point: at 4-12, nothing is guaranteed.

This appears to be what they are doing anyways.

The other thought is of the three current over the hill backs, if just one of them shows their old self, it's a success. With Westbrook, they just stack the odds a little bit further in their favor.

In the end, they have a ridiculous cuts to make before August, so there isn't any way to know what their true strategy is until then.

...by the way, who won the fight? Red? 75?

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | May 14, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

"In other news Matt Mosley, ESPN blogger and Redskin Hater, said Orakpo should have around 16 sacks this year."

I have nothing with Mr. Mosley but a name.

Likewise, I prefer fumbles, pressures that lead to INTs, and confusion to sacks.

A big sack on 1st and 10 equals second and long.

A pressure on 1st and 10 that leads to an INT is a turnover, and we get the ball.

Me?: I want the ball, not the sack.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Question,
Who stands to win the battle for top RB slot?
L.J., C.P. or Willie Parker ?

Can we keep all 3 on our roster ?
Or is that asking for trouble ?

Posted by: OG_Barno | May 14, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Can't imagine we keep all three on the roster. Parker and LJ have terrible hands and CP is expected to be the bell cow. Someone other than CP gets cut and we keep a shift "3rd down" back type who can also play special teams. I can't see "slow" Willie Parker covering kick offs or punts.

Posted by: rich20ssu | May 14, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I may be late to the show on this but....

Terrance Austin: The new Marko Mitchell

7th round WR with a shot to make the roster. Im sure he'll end up on the P squad if he doesnt crack the 53. But he does PR and KR and playing ST is what got MM cut, so go Austin!

Posted by: VaBeachBlitz | May 14, 2010 12:50 PM

You're actually the first to connect the dots. I completely agree.

Unfortunately, your prizes only include front row tickets to the next Jimi Hendrix concert and a lifetime supply of bonus points.

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

I've commented before on Danny's alleged season ticket wait list. All I've got is anectodal evidence, but here's one more piece that says its getting harder to sell out NFL tix.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Why do the Westbrook nay sayers not want him? The only argument they have is that he’s too old? Is that it? Is there anything else?

Posted by: 2ndtierfan | May 14, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

At first I was a little confused about Shanahan stockpiling all these older backs, but then I looked back and saw he used 9 RB's the year he was fired. Worst case scenario, but atleast he's preparing for it.

Posted by: rich20ssu | May 14, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Scamp1975 is a racist S.O.B., but knowing where he lived (Ga.) he is just like the overwhelming majority in that part of the country. Guys like him in that state come a dime a dozen and all think identically the same.

Posted by: OG_Barno | May 14, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Mike brown fired....

Posted by: Zeebs1 | May 14, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 2ndtierfan | May 14, 2010 1:45 PM |

You're not listening. The argument with him is that all he needs is one more good lick and he's out of football. He should have retired after the last concussion.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

The Rams should do everything possible to bring in Westbrook to give Slinging Sammy B somebody to dump the ball off while he is waiting for Donnie Avery to escape double coverage and getting chased in fear for his shoulder.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | May 14, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

2nd tier,

That and he didn't exactly light it up the last couple yrs., did he?

Oh... and he's a frekkin' Iggle.

I'm not necessarily against, but there are some good reasons there. Old, production, hated rival. Seems legitimate, if not correct.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 14, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 2ndtierfan

Westbrook has been hurt a lot -- not a big deal if he's in a part time role.

But concussions are a different deal -- optimistically he's one hit to the head away from being done.

Realistically he's probably best not playing again and its possible he's already taken one hit to the head too many.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

"Westbrook just needs one more good lick and he's out of football. This is not the way to build a team..."

How about just living your life?

You can't play forever, you know.

I was never the caliber of football player B Westbrook is, but I did suffer a major concussion that ended my sorry Div II football career.

I was almost paralyzed from a tackle, and spent a week under doctor's care.

Now, as I approach 50, I wonder to what extend my thinking is impaired from the damaged it suffered years ago.

So you wonder about athletes who feel invincible, and have taken multiple shots to the head.

B Westbrook should retire and move on.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 1:49 PM

Portis?

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

"identically the same"

kinda like "irregardless"

But barno, what you said is also 'racist'/'prejudice'

either way

Posted by: Zeebs1 | May 14, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Tell me again, how was our running game last year...No need for improvement?

Posted by: 2ndtierfan | May 14, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Random thoughts of the day

let's change the team name to something other than Redskins (Memorials, Generals, Colonials, whatever), we can still have the Indian head as our logo - the ultimate FU

I still worry about the change to the 3-4 defense from the 4-3. Do we have the right personnel, etc. Say we get to 3rd preseason game and the D has really sjked the big one, do they change back at that point or are we committed?

From all I have read and heard, what was the point of hiring Jim Zorn? To $ucked 2 years out of the fans life? There was nobody else who could/wanted to coach this team? Bobby Bowden would have been a huge improvement.

I would not be surprised to see some more long time Skins to go before opening day. Shanallen is changing this team.

Posted by: noonefromtampa | May 14, 2010 1:13 PM |

Posted by: noonefromtampa | May 14, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

"Scamp1975 is a racist S.O.B.,..."

Scott's a good guy.

And I don't care who reads this.

And if he is racist, aren't we all just a tad racist?

(That's a song from the musical, "Avenue Q".)

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

I agree that Westbrook is a ticking time bomb. Great player 7 guy but physically undependable.

PS - Sure would be nice if certain people (ahem) would restrict their comments to the subject at hand. Then those of us looking for football canversation wouldn't have to sift through all of the nonsense to find something worth out time. I'm just sayin' ....

Posted by: shanks1 | May 14, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

That and he didn't exactly light it up the last couple yrs., did he?

Oh... and he's a frekkin' Iggle.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 14, 2010 1:50 PM

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

You're amusing Red. Rant on about how you're not gonna give my rascist ass the time a day but it took you 2 long ass posts to do it. You proved yourself rascist looooong ago and everyone that's been on this blog for any length of time knows what color you really are. But I'll go along with you for the sake of saving the blog another day like yesterday and leave it alone from here.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 14, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Agreed;

we have 3 of the same back essentially. We do not have a 3rd down back, pass catching threat out of the back field.

i would much rather have just CP and Westie...

Posted by: Zeebs1 | May 14, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Mike brown fired....

Posted by: Zeebs1

WHAAA?!?!!?!?!

I'm shocked!

Could've seen this coming in the middle of game 5.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

My biggest problem with yesterday's blog? No one got my pop culture reference to 1060 W. Addison.

It was the "address" of Elwood Blues -- and where the Illinois Nazis went to get him.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Bruce Bodreaux = Mike Brown

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 14, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | May 14, 2010 1:50 PM

That kid can throw but he's a glass cannon. One blast from Kerney or Dockett and that pane will shatter. Gonna need more than Westbrook, who's one shot shy of the big sleep, to keep him from spontaneously combusting all over some football field.

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

My family is Jewish and came from Germany in the late 1930's......uh nevermind.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

"Tell me again, how was our running game last year...No need for improvement?"

What kind of running game would you like to see this year?

1,800 yards of rushing would be nice if two backs got, say, 900 yards a piece.

I'd like to run early to get some confidence behind our o-line.

We face some decent AFC South team, so maybe defense/teams/sound running games is the ticket.

Oh, and we throw when we have to, and not because we want to.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

WHAAA?!?!!?!?!

I'm shocked!

Could've seen this coming in the middle of game 5.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse
------------

Should've happened a long time ago...as a Wizards fan I admit my bias, but what LeBron needs is a coach that is willing to tear him a new a** and let him know there are things he can improve upon, not a fawning clown that does nothing but ooh and aah about how wonderful he is.

Lebron is wizardry, but immature on the court. Until he "gets it", he's going to struggle to win championships.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | May 14, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Bruce Bodreaux = Mike Brown

Posted by: Diesel44

Mike Brown was just a puppet coach for LeBron.

Everyone knew he was good as gone after his comments after game 5.

On another note, people are funny, like somone actually gives a fu_k who you like to "high-five" on the regular up here.

Instead of speaking through subliminal, say who's on your mind at the time when you're typing.

High-Five, chest-bump, and fist-bump whoever ya like.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

This from the Urban Dictionary

1. barno poor quality, home-grown Marijuana. Tastes like a barn. Often old or moldy.
Throw in some of that crappy barno you grew.

2. barno Barno' or 'Barno's' people or persons whom regularly have sexual intercourse with family (insest)
John And Paul are 'Barno's'
by s.h.long Oct 10, 2003 share this
3. barno 4 up, 21 down
AKA John or Paul!
Beware of these individuals as they regularly have sexual intercourse with sheep.
1st person: Isnt that a barno?
2nd person: Where?
1st person: Over there in that field!

So why would I care what anyone named OG Barno says when clearly he has a thing for farm animals?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 14, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Portis?

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 1:51 PM

Probably should retire, too. Difference though, as it pertains to the Redskins, is that one is under contract and the other isn't. If Portis weren't already here with so much guaranteed money, we wouldn't sign him. And, even with the money, he still might get cut. Or, gonged out of football with a good lick.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Is it possible that Boston was the better team?

I've always hated the idea that ONE GUY was responsible for what happens to the entire team.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Lots of anger on the blog the last few days.

Boston or Orlando?

I say Orlando in 7. They seem to have it figured out at just the right time, and they match up well with the Celtics. Still, the old men know how to do it in the playoffs, and won't be an easy out.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | May 14, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shaunsherman12

Lebron can handle that type of coach. Lebron's been coddled and hyped all his life. Dude has a mega-sized ego and no strong-willed coach would be able to shrink that down.

Only coach I could think of that could be something like you were describing is Phil Jackson, and he's not going to be around for another eight years -- roughly about the same amount of time LeBron has left in the league.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Portis still has a monster year left:
1400 yds 11TDs- he doesn't like all these bums invading on his territory and he's going to prove it.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

*Should read LeBron can't...**

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 1:54 PM

yeah, agree with this. Portis, Westbrook, and whichever young'n the staff likes best...K. Williams, T. Nelson, R. Torain.

hell with LJ and Slow Willie.

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

"I've always respected (i.e., been worried about) Westbrook ... just like with McNabb. If the medical staff say he's ready to go, I'm for it. Unload Willy Parker."

Why does Parker give folks the willies?

Parker's numbers from 2009:

98 carries 389 yds 4.0 AVG

That's not a lot of carries in what's essentially a passing offense in Pittsburg.

His most productive year 2006:

337 carries 1,494 yards 4.4 AVG

Again, that's 4.0 average.

And remember, the stillers morphed into a passing team between 2005-2009.

I see Parker as a guy with little mileage, who might be worth 700-800 yards rushing in a two headed attack.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

C's play defense. Garnett is finally looking healthy... I dunno, I'd say the C's in seven.

Orlando relies on perimeter play. Take that away, and what do they really have.

Dwight Howard as much of a beast he is, doesn't have too much of an offensive game.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Boston/Orlando is gonna be good, KG gives Howard fits, we'll see....

Pierce needs to start scoring again...In the end, I think Orlando takes it, and Doc Rivers walks as well..

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 14, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Portis still has a monster year left:

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 2:09 PM

...And then dress up like a clown and say more dumb s_!t in postgame interviews.

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

I still wish we could somehow get Jared Gaither out here.

Isn't Jerome Harrison absent from the workouts in Cleveland?

I wonder if he's looking for a pay-raise or trade.

I'd trade Fat Albert for Harrison in a second.

But Cleveland runs 3-4 and has a fat jerk in Shaun Rogers.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

And if he is racist, aren't we all just a tad racist?

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 1:54 PM

I think everyone is a racist. We live in a racist society. If you live in it, you're a racist. The concept of "race" as a separate people that is genetically distinct from other people (as opposed to a trait) is false, but historically, it is what it is because one people enslaved another. Its a long meta-feud that takes time to work through. The good news is that there are new kids without views on the matter being born every day. The bad news is that their views start getting influenced right away.

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | May 14, 2010 2:08 PM

the Magic have looked pretty unstoppable so far in the playoffs, but Doc Rivers > Stan Van Gundy, IMO. don't know if that'll be the difference or not (it wasn't last year). looking forward to Rondo vs. Nelson.

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

"Portis still has a monster year left"

Centering the running game around Portis wouldn't be prudent.

What if he has another concussion?

What if it looks like another back has more of a 'burst'?

I say you run the ball by going with the hot guy.

Portis may start, but if another guy is getting the occasional long gainer, Portis should sit.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

I love it when he does that.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:14 PM

I've never cared much for that drag queen act, but if he can back it up with on field performance then I'd welcome it.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Bean, as much as I hate that bama Perkins, he always plays Dwight tough. Him and KG trash talk & play him physical all game long.

I want to see LA vs. BOS XI...

And see LA whoop that green arse in the finals for some payback!

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Perkins/Big Baby vs. Howard should be a good matchup.

Think Garnett will cover Rashard Lewis most of the time.

Should be a good series as long as Pierce and Allen show up.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | May 14, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

"Boston/Orlando is gonna be good"

And the winner will get beat like a bad child by the Lakers.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Any guesses on the charge?

Posted by: chrislarry | May 13, 2010 5:15 PM

MArtha Stewart style..... She did Fed time too....

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 14, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:14 PM

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 2:20 PM

Amen to that sir.

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

And if he is racist, aren't we all just a tad racist?
Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 1:54 PM
----------------
I hafta admit, I'm partial to birds of my own feather. Just bein' honest.

Posted by: shanks1 | May 14, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

gotta say RI making me care about NBA again...

it took orlando 7 games to beat a KG-less celts last year right? so i giver evah so slight edge to boston.

but i have never been more out of the loop w/nba as i am now so my take dont mean siht

Posted by: chrislarry | May 14, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Red- WTF are you rambling on about? I know us white guys look the same on a blog but perhaps you'd like to clarify what you mean if that was directed my way.

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 14, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

I love Doc Walker.

He keeps it as real as any radio personality without falling into the Screamin'-A-Smith Folly of being a loudmouthed blow-hard (see: Brian Mitchell's radio career).

He opened the show today just totally calling out LeBron and the Cavs for being losers and sissies.

Love me some Doc...

Posted by: p1funk | May 14, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

beep-beep

"I've never cared much for that drag queen act,..."

Then you must not live with women.

The women in my house think RuPaul is the shizzat.

They talk about "RuPaul's Drag Race" like it's some kind of Shakespearean product.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

I think the only relevant question regarding Fast Willie Parker is this:

Is he still fast?

That's the only thing he really had going for him - follow some blocks and turn on the speed.

He's not moving any piles, he's not breaking through many tackles, I don't recall him being a particularly stellar receiver out of the backfield or blocker.

If he's fast, he can be pretty useful in Shanny's one-cut-n-go running game.

If not, he doesn't make it out of training camp.

Posted by: p1funk | May 14, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Man, what a shame about the salary cap. I could see Westbrook like we used to use Kelvin Bryant... Come in on third down, catch a 6 yard pass and head out of bounds, move the chains, go sit down.

But, NOOOOO, we've already got 3 old RBs.

I like Westbrook a lot, but I'm not sure we can really use him. Especially if he's unconscious. Which is what I think he'll be before too long, unfortunately.

"He's healthy" my ass. Just like Troy Aikman was. Just like Steve Young was. After a while, a congratulatory helmet slap sends them to the sideline. It sucks, but it's the nature of brain injuries. You get MORE susceptible to concussions, not less. Sad to see.

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 14, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

I hafta admit, I'm partial to birds of my own feather. Just bein' honest.

Posted by: shanks1

Mad props to you for admitting that.

Nothing wrong with that. I've said many times that we all gravitate toward we can vibe with the most. That doesn't make you a racist at all.

rac·ism   /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Show Spelled[rey-siz-uhm]

–noun

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I don't think what you said falls in line with any of those definitions.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

let's talk real sports

who gets A-Rod? Cameron Diaz or Kate Hudson?

Kate got implants

Cameron let A-Rod In Through the Outdoor

Posted by: noonefromtampa | May 14, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

crawl at the bottom of ESPN2 says team source is denying Mike Brown was fired, fwiw.

Woodson is definitely gone in Atlanta, however.

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 14, 2010 2:24 PM

You don't look the same. You look like a fat ol' woman didn't graduate college. Can't even tell whether you look black, white, or purple. Maybe I need to clean my screen?

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:14 PM

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

It's hard to deny that there appears to be a direct correlation between CP playing well, and the team allowing him to dress up like a tranny in public.

I wonder if Shallen and Snydes have discussed it.

Posted by: p1funk | May 14, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

... perhaps you'd like to clarify what you mean if that was directed my way.

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 14, 2010 2:24 PM

Wait, are you Phil Jackson?

Posted by: dcsween | May 14, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I think the Redskins use this tatic....I have brought many tix from emails saying the visiting team returned tickets...hmmmmm...

Blackout loophole could give union some labor leverage
Posted by Mike Florio on May 14, 2010 2:14 PM ET
Last year, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers somehow were able to consistently avoid local blackouts of their home games despite the fact that Raymond James Stadium often featured a sea of red seats in the upper reaches of the venue.

Now that the Jets are facing the possibility of unsold PSLs -- and the customer-relations challenges inherent to dumping the PSL obligation for seats in the vicinity of seats for which the PSL already has been bought and paid for -- Neil Best of Newsday has identified the silver bullet that a team can utilize in order to ensure that the three-hour infomercial will air on local television.

His article explaining the dynamic is trapped behind a pay wall, but Best has spoken about the loophole to the folks at JoeBucsFan.com.

"I was not aware of this until this week, frankly, and several prominent, experienced people I know in pro football were not aware of it either," Best said. "But, sure enough, it turns out a team can cut a check for 34 percent of the face value of unsold tickets to cover the visiting team share and, presto, problem solved!"

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 14, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

I'm not racist I hate everyone equally

Posted by: noonefromtampa | May 14, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: noonefromtampa | May 14, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

wait, the only thing wrong with one of the hottest girls just changed!! why was i not informed of this?

her booty is sooooo nice

Posted by: Zeebs1 | May 14, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

And everybody knows Westbrook's career is over. If not, WHO would let him sit around on the waiver wire? Would Philly let him go?

I mean, when he's on his game, he's one of the best receiving RBs ever.

The fact he's "shopping" is BS. People know what the deal is. His brain is loose. All this "shopping" is to give the illusion that the OTHER team thinks he's "cured."

Like I said, sad to see. He was really good.

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 14, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Kate got implants.

Posted by: noonefromtampa | May 14, 2010 2:30 PM

that's good. she really, really needed them.

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

"I don't get the 55% who are Westbrook-signing haters. There would be no down-side to it."

One solid headshot from Demarcus or Osi and its Pastureville For Brian...Also , that's millions and a roster slot that could go towards the more pressing need of offensive line, say, Gaithers or Brown..

Washington Infinities- Home unis, all white, road unis , all black

Posted by: frak | May 14, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Diesel44,

Everything up to "On another note..." was directed at your comment about LeBron.

What was said afterward, was directed at another dude who's prolly still sour at the "oreo" comment that was tossed his way a while back.

He puffed out his chest in defense of another dude up here, so I asked him to be direct next time. It wasn't a secret who he was directing his comment toward, I guess he thought he was going about it in a "clever" manner.

No probs with you at all, dude.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

frak;

thats more like the alpha and omega

Posted by: Zeebs1 | May 14, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 14, 2010 1:57 PM

Not really. When Boudreau came in the Capitals were not a contender for the cup. This was the first year that they were contenders and they choked. Considering the Habs took out the Pens, the Capitals loss doesnt seem as bad. NBA coaches like NFL qbs get too much credit when they win, too much blame when they lose. Since they fired Brown they need to fire Danny Ferry also. He surrounded King James with second rate players and they are surprised they lost. Why would James come back to a team where Jamison is his best complimentary player? I hope Cleveland has a plan B

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | May 14, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Z - I got the Wrigley Field reference, but way too late to really comment on it intelligently - besides, the scamp/red brouhaha wore me out, reading it.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | May 14, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Groundhog Day!! or have red and scamp started all over again.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 14, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

at this point, I think KG is pretty well used up, and Pierce doesn't look all that great either....like many things, its a young mans game...kg hasn't been right in a long time, and I'm not sure he'll every be right again...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 14, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

"If he's (Willie Parker) fast, he can be pretty useful in Shanny's one-cut-n-go running game."

If I remember right, the stillers are a trapping, pulling, power-O running game team.

That works if you are a back who can read blocks, and churn out yards.

Parker isn't that kind of back.

Indeed, if he has a good 'jump-cut,' he'll get a lot of yards in a system where he has one read, find the crease, and go.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Yes Kate went from an A cup to a B cup

Posted by: noonefromtampa | May 14, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

"...the scamp/red brouhaha wore me out, reading it."

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | May 14, 2010 2:37 PM

They should exchange contact info and duke it out through a different channel. Its compounding the misery that is my aforementioned hangover.

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

I don't think what you said falls in line with any of those definitions.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:29 PM
-------------------
Also, excluding sex, I just prefer the company of men. Since I'm bein' all honest ....

Posted by: shanks1 | May 14, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

thats it?

might actually be the correct way to go about it so it looks natural.

she def in top 5 for me....

Posted by: Zeebs1 | May 14, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

I said what I had to say.

There is nothing else to say.

Nor to bring to light.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KG, looked awesome last night. Dude was looking like "'08 and back" KG.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

KJJ- good stuff, I'm on my iPhone riding w/ a rep. I'll comment later.

beep-beep- beep you and F Duke, you old lady. 289 remaining.

Posted by: Diesel44 | May 14, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:41 PM

water, water and more water will take care of that hangover. if applicable, hair of the dog that bit ya helps, too.

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to see Haynesworth in drag.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:04 PM

Hey, Mr. Red, sir. You asking people to type names of people, but you don't even do it yourself in this post.

No wonder Diesel44 was confused. I mean, I could follow this, but Diesel44 you really got to go slow for her to keep up. She may not even have taken all 12 of her meds yet today. She likes to dip her oreos in her fat-free milk.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 14, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

"Yes Kate went from an A cup to a B cup"

I look at Kate Hudson, and think, "A-Rod, can't you do better than that?"

Bro', got stacks of cash bigger than what's on her chest.

And that's after the surgery.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Before KG went to Boston and became a jerk, I was a HUGE Garnett fan. I thought he was the 2nd best player behind Kobe for most of the 2000s.

Kinda reminded me of those days last night -- when I was a KG fan.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

man I got board with the lack of news and stopped reading the thread. Looks like I missed a shot to call everyone a raciest. DAMN!

Posted by: alex35332 | May 14, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

"oreo" huh Red? Yep, your not a rascist.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 14, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:04 PM

I'm still confused about this myself.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

didn't need DD's or anything, but she should have at least gone to a C. oh well.

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

iH8dallas

"I'd like to see Haynesworth in drag."

Obviously, you haven't seen the movie "Precious".

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

b-b, I know that I was doing the very same thing I was talking about in that post.

I was indirectly speaking to the other guy (not Diesel44) since that's the context he chose to address me in.

I think it's called "Pussi".

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Obviously, you haven't seen the movie "Precious".

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 14, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I actually rented it 2 weeks ago. Very good film- iH8 gives it two thumbs up.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

i love the ethnic slurs for northern Europeans. we should use them more, and come up with new ones.

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

I believe I am racist. When driving and somebody is slow, like they're half asleep, can't make a decision, I know they're asian (I've been wrong a few times - the old person).

I hear a story about some trifflin' dude who shot some lady, robbed a store, stole a car, and was wanted on some other stuff, I assume he's black.

I mean, I'm the first to call some dork a "sorry white motherfker," too, though. I'm often heard saying, "I fkng hate white people," when I hear about some dork paying for his daughter's college and her car and cell phone and clothes and complaining about how expensive kids are. I want to break his white cracker face, to tell the truth.

Then, you got your eelegals. I have a bunch of friends that are illegal, actually. But they don't understand what they're doing to wages for citizens. They think they're helping, and they are - they're helping that white dork stretch his dork ass dollar. And they make it impossible to park in South Arlington. And rents are high, because there's always some illegal ready to move in with 5 buddies and split the over-priced rent 5 ways. So, I'm not a big fan of them, either.

I tend to group them in with the "fking foreigners!" I see. The ones that will stop in the slow lane and allow their buddy or wife to disembark during rush hour traffic on Columbia Pike. And don't forget the pleasantries! Take your time, foreigners! I've seen them do this when they're sportin' the Nicaraguan flag, or the Ethiopian flag. I mean, they're from countries where only the tourists and police have cars, so it's not like they have a driving culture. Still, very very annoying.

And blacks like to stop all traffic in the parking lot to wait for their wife to go to the ATM. I mean, sure, there are 10 parking spaces within 15 feet, but then she'd have to walk that extra distance. And, plus, why should THEY move, everybody can just go around. It's not THEIR fault two way traffic cannot coordinate a single lane in the parking lot.

And, for the sake of civility, I've left out some of my favorite bigotries. Jews, Muslims, Catholics, Bible Bangers... SF Liberals... I mean, I've got plenty of hate to go around.

I mean, I pretty much hate everyone. But, there's an up side, too. I mean, chicks from Afghanistan I've met, have GREAT rears. Iranians, too. So, something to be thankful for, I guess. Since they're here anyway. And like my brother says, he always goes for the black chick, because he's about sex, and so are they. If he wanted to spend a bunch of money and play games, he'd go for the white chick, but that's not his intention, so he plays probabilities.

Anyway, I could go on and on...

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 14, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

First to say, these offseason stories suck!!!

Posted by: monk811

Heres a tip.

The offseason ends in September.

Go do some charity work until then, and then return and tell us all about it.

You'll stop griping, our time won't be wasted reading your gripibng, and when you return we'll all feel inspired and uplifted by your good deeds.

Posted by: TheCork | May 14, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

all i really care about is that when she is on her back, the only thing standing off her chest is nip. that is disturbing to look at. so if you can see shape in that position, cool.

also, when she backing the truck up, i dont want eggs on nail if you know what i mean....

with her body type, B's are fine. and really, the truck is the only way to go with her ;)

thats my skeevy (sp)post for the day. sorry

Posted by: Zeebs1 | May 14, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

When will we learn to stop hating people based off where the grandparents came from and learn to hate people based off where they live now.

Posted by: alex35332 | May 14, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I think Red has found a new huckleberry. 6-pack of your favorite wine cooler to the first person who can guess who it is.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 14, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

I can hate philly and its players -- but I'm not in favor of anyone (ok, maybe in dallas) literally losing their mind from hits to the head.

With westbrook, the question is this:

Can he take 1 more and still be OK?
Has he taken all he can take, but is OK now?
Has he taken one too many already?

Is he +1, even or -1.

No one knows that answer. But given the consequences ... you don't push it.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

I thought you said that you were going to leave it alone?

At this point, what are you trying to prove?

"oreo" is not a bigtory remark. It's a putdown on someone's personality. In no way does it say or suggest:

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Oreo is nothing more than calling a light skinned black person: Red or yellow boned.

But nice try though ;-)

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:41 PM

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 2:46 PM

All over the water - my back teeth are floatin'. N/A for the latter, booze only... this time. I appreciate your recommendations, mighty kind of ya.

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KingJoffeJoffer | May 14, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

The sexy pick right now for LeCrabDribble (according to the pundits) is Chicago.

It is a playoff-ready team that won't need 2-3 years of rebuilding (like Cavs, Knicks or Nest)in order to win NOW.

LeTravel - according to the pundits - needs to win NOW, because after his weak soft heartless performance in the playoffs, he's not going to want to deal with the loser-stink that's all over him for the next 2-3 years, and Chicago is a nice big-city market where he can be Jordan's avatar.

At 25, he's got about 6 prime playing years left and he's not gonna want to wait until he's 28 to be back in contention in the playoffs.

Of course the x-factor is if Comrade Trillionaire who just bought the Nets tells him that he plans on tripling over the luxury tax to bring in all the players he wants, and minorty owner Jay-Z sits across the table and woos him with those big lips, he's not gonna be able to resist a trip to Newark...

...never thought I'd write that under any circumstances...

Posted by: p1funk | May 14, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston

I think a lot of us had to choose between a shower and a nap after going through that ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 14, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Red you're so phukin' stupid you don't even know a racial slur when you use one. You're right, this ain't worth it. It's like arguing with a mentally handicapped three year old girl.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 14, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

anyone catch in the 4th quarter last night, Glen Davis passes up a 15 footer, drives, and misses his shot, back the other way, and bron gets fouled....KG/Perk start RIPPING Davis from the bench, and GDavis starting screaming back at them, "i effed up", and the camera guy isn't turning away from it....funny

KG made this cat cry one day at practice...Garnett is one intense mutha truckah...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

First to say, these offseason stories suck!!!

Posted by: monk811

You are not the first to say that.

Posted by: p1funk | May 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

lh, if I did, it was because he was trying to be supa-save-a-blogger, his corner coach and whatnot.

"And I'll say this, too. Blacks have the highest rate of cripples. I mean, seems 1 out of 3 black drivers has a handicapped tag hanging from their mirror. They look perfectly healthy as they're getting in and out, but they LOVE that blue tag, buddy." - _Thinker

OMG! I got one hanging in my mirror right now. Does mentally crippled count?

Props to airing all that! I know I can appreciate the honesty.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

But nice try though ;-)

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Actually Oreo refers to a black person who is "white on the inside". Meaning they appear to use standard English, dress in what is commonly accepted as white fashion, and are generally shunned by a portion of black society for trying to fit the mold of "white society".

Ex. Carlton Banks would be considered an "Oreo"

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Interesting piece on Lebron-Calipari connection Coach Cal is a worm of the highest order.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 14, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

moe,
re "the government":

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch

Whereas Corporations are only out to serve the common good. Take BP, for instance, and their pals Haliburton. Between them they managed to give thousands of hard working fishermen, hotel owners, recreational tour guides, etc., a few years unpaid vacation.

Out of selfishness, oh no....Just being thoughtful.

OF COURSE some petty, dumb-azz brueaucrats are interested in only their own self-preservation. Just because you work for Government doesn't qualify you for sainthood.

But those who put their own needs first, including self-preservation far outnumber those who serve the Government.

Posted by: TheCork | May 14, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

wait, I thought oreo's were cookies that after eating them, left your teeth a mess......mmmmmmm double stuff's.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 14, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

BEEEEEP.

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Although I rarely comment, I'm an avid reader of this blog, and I have been enthralled by the Red/Scamp saga of the last couple of days. However, I must admit that the accusations of racism that have been going back and forth over the last day or so, has started a hideous little diddy of a song rolling around in my feverish brain, involvoving said accusations of racism and an old Dr. Pepper commercial: "I'm a racist, he's a racist, she's a racist, they're a racist, wouldn't you like to be a racist too." Over and over and over...

It's driving me bugsh*t....suicide may be my only recourse.

Posted by: guitarman050 | May 14, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Bean, he made him cry during a game not a practice.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 14, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

SOOOOoooooo, N-E WAYS, YES, I did catch that one. Too damn funny, all JVG could say was that Baby Davis was "upset with himself"... KG made him cry during the game also. Ripped him then left him by himself on the bench sobbing.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

First to say, these offseason stories suck!!!

Posted by: monk811

You are not the first to say that.

Posted by: p1funk | May 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

that goes without saying, these guys couldn't report their way out of a paper bag, just meant I was first to say that this blog, can't wait to be first for the next miserably borry story

Posted by: monk811 | May 14, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

First to say, these offseason stories suck!!!

Posted by: monk811

You are not the first to say that.

Posted by: p1funk | May 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

that goes without saying, these guys couldn't report their way out of a paper bag, just meant I was first to say that this blog, can't wait to be first for the next miserably borring story

Posted by: monk811 | May 14, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Anyway, I could go on and on...

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 14, 2010 2:53 PM

Please do...it's Friday...Everything is open

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 14, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Anyway, I could go on and on...

Posted by: Thinker_ |

Oh please don't tease us. We know you'll get to something that makes us laugh or think or feel better about humanity eventually.

I don't think you're preaching hate, I just think you're an incompetent satirist. Go find David Steinberg's bit about racial stereotyping. Listen to it a few dozen times then start thinking about your new line of work.

Posted by: TheCork | May 14, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Ex. Carlton Banks would be considered an "Oreo"

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Now what is the slur for people who still use early 90's sitcoms for points of reference in a conversation?

Posted by: alex35332 | May 14, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Arthur Ashe travelled the world. He found that people in all parts of the planet are "provincial", Ashe's eloquent euphemism for racism.
"We're all racist, to a degree," he said. "The question is, what are you, as an individual, going to do about it?"

Posted by: RedskinWillie | May 14, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

First to say, these offseason stories suck!!!

Posted by: monk811

You are not the first to say that.

Posted by: p1funk | May 14, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

that goes without saying, these guys couldn't report their way out of a paper bag. I just meant I was first this blog, can't wait to be first on the next miserably boring story!

Posted by: monk811 | May 14, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

racism denotes power and control..again POWER AND CONTROL..I don't see ANY where in so-called america where blacks have power and control they don't control the so-called educational system,so-called law enforce-ment ,military.financial,politics(pile of tricks) don't bring the drugs in the country,city services, did not write and uphold legislation to deny people of basic freedoms(FREE-DOOM)which the racist gave them jim crow lynching, raping,segragation, scapegoating,jim crow,don't control agriculture they don't control the presidency either the man was selected" again by the racist, now if blacks don't control these many systems and more..who does? when you find that out you will find the "real racist" stop the b.s.

Posted by: wathu19 | May 14, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Ex. Carlton Banks would be considered an "Oreo"

Posted by: iH8dallas

Commonly used by black people against other black people.

How could it be considered a racial slur when you're acknowledging they're black, but they're "trying to act white"?

Like I said it's more a play on their personality and their lack of traditional black "qualities".

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Wait is RI 'Redskins Insider' or 'Racist Insider'?

Topic change anyone?

Who do you hate more, Philly or Dallas?

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

new post, i said. move on peeps.

Posted by: terrapin3 | May 14, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Commonly used by black people against other black people.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

I never said it was a racial slur, I simply gave you the correct meaning of that term.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 14, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Who do you hate more, Philly or Dallas?

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 3:16 PM

I think, at least for me, there is more of a history of "hate" with Dallas than with Philly, although I intensely dislike Philly.

Posted by: guitarman050 | May 14, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas

I know, but scamp said it in yet another futile attempt to try and "expose" me for being a racist.

The question was posed to him more than it was you.

My fault for the mix-up.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 14, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

He is in no hurry to sign but had to dash out before he could speak at the school. What priorities.

Posted by: fearturtle44 | May 14, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

It's clear that the Skins needed proven talent at the QB & RB positions and the best way to get that talent, this year, was to go out and veteran talent.

During the draft, we needed to bulk up on O-linemen and got 3 OL-men and a blocking TE. Seems to me we got what we needed. I can foresee us using future drafts to select speedy RB's and solid high-upside future starting QB's.

The Shanallen group knows exactly what it's doing, IMHO.

Posted by: dc1020008 | May 14, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

No, not a satirist.

I actually think I'm just a regular guy that hates everyone who gets in his way, takes his parking space, looks at me, wears something I don't like, says something I don't like...

Or even APPEARS to represent some aspect of something I don't like.

I don't think I'm alone in it. I actually found it refreshing that Red and Scamp were going at it yesterday.

I mean, sure, on the whole, blacks and whites kinda hate eachother. I'm just saying, we probably ALSO hate a lot of the SAME people, for the same reasons, and that, at least in my case, we hate people of our own color as well.

It's easy to point to stereotypical behavior as typical, but we see plenty of exceptions to the stereotype. But, because of the stereotype, that's not what's reinforced.

Another example: Indians are smart.

Well, I worked for an almost entirely Indian company, and I can tell you, on the whole, no, they are not. There were a couple who were brilliant programmers. One was a brilliant programmer who was well read on just about every subject and who was also training in his downtime to be a pilot. The guy was impressive. But 99% of the place was pompous fools who didn't even REALIZE they were not smart.

But, there's the stereotype. So they get over.

For the record, I'm white. My family is Catholic. I cannot have a conversation with ANY of them about politics, life, or any subject of meaning, because I do not agree with them. I've got the ones still in NJ, the only white family I've ever heard of in the projects, who are staunch Republicans. It's like cows voting for the meat industry. I just don't get it. I got NY cops in my family. I am not a big fan, especially all the times I've been pulled over on BS because I'm riding with my friends, who happen to be black. I've had cops tell me, "You must not know this neighborhood," referring to where I live.

So, I'm not a satirist. I'm not even sure what that is. I'm just saying, I think we are ALL racist, to some extent. We all have our prejudices, which is unfair, but there may be a reason we rely on them. I don't know. Better safe than sorry? I don't know.

And HERE'S another one:

I know a bunch of white Washington area dudes who are Dallas fans. I can't stand it. I don't get it. But, is it just me, or are there more black Dallas bandwagoners? Seems to me there are, but, then again, maybe it's just how stereotypes begin and are perpetuated. Maybe I'm just ascribing negative traits on "the other" in typical human fashion.

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 14, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

The Shanallen group knows exactly what it's doing, IMHO.

Posted by: dc1020008 | May 14, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

The Shanallen group knows exactly what it's doing, IMHO.

Posted by: dc1020008 | May 14, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

wouldn't you like to be a racist too." Over and over and over...

Posted by: guitarman050

lol, not really!

But, I gotta say, comparing Scotland's position to the slaves that were brought here is ludacrisp. The damage inflicted by intentionally destroying families is STILL being felt. SOME PEOPLE like to point to "welfare" as that institution that destroyed the black family, but I think they're missing the larger issue.

Slavery, followed by Jim Crow, followed by your basic racism, followed by your closet racism, followed by various other elements of inequality have not helped.

Think about the ending of slavery. It really wasn't that long ago. And, yes, "immigrants" come here and excel, but they don't carry the baggage. Everyone knows an "African" is different from a "Black." Most would rather hire an African. They just don't carry the social baggage. And it's not that the Africans who were brought here ASKED for the baggage, but they've got it. And everybody knows it.

It's the rare black person who can get past it, because, in order to be successful, one almost has to "embrace" the "white" culture - the same one you've heard about stepping on your family's head for 500 years - and put the "black" culture - the one of disenfranchisement and bitterness - aside.

The ripples of slavery and discrimination, to me, are often underestimated. We were not born yesterday. There are legitimate resentments that do not help.

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 14, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dc1020008 | May 14, 2010 3:54 PM

I agree with ya. Build the foundation, get your line organized and familiar, set expectations, then go out in the draft and get the premier franchise play-makers in following years when the system is fully implemented. All these veteran snags were for players who want to play, can lead, can teach, still have something in the gas tank, and have something to offer rooks. Pretty impo for the reconstruction of a franchise that lost its way.

Posted by: ScoGrass | May 14, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

I just remember how many times Westbrook killed the redskins. I'd rather have him for us even if he never plays. At least we don't have to face him.

Posted by: lp_lodestar | May 14, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Oops, I thought I was on a Redskin's blog and ran into a bunch of stupid political posts. Hey guys, I don't mind arguing politics, but NOT HERE!

Posted by: jfoster13 | May 15, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I wonder what Jason Reid's day job is? Short order cook at Tastee Diner? I think he's been eating the merchandise.

Posted by: ilovewilbon | May 15, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Thinker_

Step up to the 21st century my man. Holding grudges is a waste of life.

Posted by: hessone | May 15, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Folks, I hate to post off-topic, but when I saw the racism argument grow into a definition of racism I didn't recognize, I was startled. When did "ruling over others" become part of the US version of this? So I checked an online dictionary, and sure enough it matched what was presented. So I checked my old 50's era hardcopy, and the online Oxford, and neither agree with the "modern online" version.

racism

• noun 1 the belief that there are characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to each race. 2 discrimination against or antagonism towards other races.

Oh, Redskins fan living outside the US. Can't get them on TV most of the time, but can hear Sonny & Sam on the radio.

Posted by: gtyrebyter | May 16, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse