Brian Westbrook's visit with Redskins won't prompt a campaign by his brother

Although Redskins cornerback Byron Westbrook is pleased that his brother, all-pro running back Brian Westbrook, will visit with the Redskins on Wednesday at Redskins Park, he will not lobby for the team to sign the former Philadelphia Eagles star.

"I'm not part of that decision-making process," Byron said in a phone interview Tuesday afternoon. "Obviously, he's my brother, and it would be great to have the chance to play with him, but I'll let him handle all of that.

"Now, I might be up there [at the complex], but it would just to be to get a workout in. I wouldn't follow them around on his visit or anything like that. Besides, they'll take great care of him. If anything, maybe I'll bump into them in passing. Maybe I'll throw a towel at him. But that's it."

By Jason Reid  |  May 11, 2010; 12:24 PM ET
Categories:  Jason Reid , Running backs
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Joey Galloway brings experience, leadership to Redskins' WRs
Next: Brian Westbrook visits Redskins as he shops for ideal team

Comments

does this mean the rb performance at minicamp was underwhelming?

Posted by: dbuggs | May 11, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Dallas has no contiunity...save for most of their defense....They think Choice can be a #1 RB. They think Dez Bryant will be an impact player. Roy Williams. Miles Austin is mad. And they now have to pick between a potential bust in Free and BArron to by Romo's LT.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 11, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

The Mail I receive at Work:

Dear mistamoe,

I've started working part time at a day-care center. I've noticed a lot of things wrong with this place.

The staff members go way too far in my opinion when they "discipline" the kids.

They curse at them. They slap them. They spray water at them from a water bottle.

Snack time consists of sugary drinks and things like Twinkies, cookies, and other foods that are all-sugar and no-nutrients.

The children hardly ever have a crayon in their hands. I really want to do something to help these kids, but I don't know what.

signed,

Barney Dino. Saur.

This is an easy one as I know that particular die hard redskins' fan day care center.

The place isn't called "The Riggo Drill" for nothig.

Tell the kids not to wear cowboys, giants, eagles, or raiders sports paraphenalia and no one will hit them.

Unless, of course, they actually like it.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

moo

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

So we know what Reid was doing...calling up one of his sources.....who then told him, 'Am I my Brother's Keeper?'

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 11, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | May 11, 2010 12:28 PM

in any case, agreed with Red about continuity, but I would put the odds on winning the division something like this:

Cowboys 30%
Giants 25%
Eagles 25%
Redskins 20%

it's kind of like long-range weather predictions. there is some information available, but too many variables to make an accurate forecast.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

If Byron Westbrook has a vote on who to put on this team, I suggest he use it on himself.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 11, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 11, 2010 12:34 PM

Miles Austin always looks mad. At least he does whenever he makes a good play….after he preens and postures after a catch he gets that “I am really intense and PO’ed right now” face going… I h8 that. That alone is one of the reasons I am happy to see LL30 putting on all that muscle. I look forward to seeing him knock that look off Ausitn’s face this year. AND, I think he’s probably got a picture of Brandon Jacobs in his weight room……..looking forward to seeing that matchup again with LL at STRONG safety.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | May 11, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan is putting together the All-Madden backfield of 2006!

Posted by: Predator48 | May 11, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dmlopez1 | May 11, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

Cowboys 30%
Giants 25%
Eagles 25%
Redskins 20%

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo

While I could quibble with your odds, I think the main point is the division is pretty even -- with no outstanding teams.

Each team has areas of considerable strength and notable weaknesses/unknowns. Its still a strong division, but it'll be tough for any team to get to beyond 11-5 -- very tough schedules.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 11, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

"I think Clinton Portis would look great in a Dolphin uniform. Lets send him too."

R Williams is the one dolphin player I'd like in return.

He, unlike Portis, does still have a burst.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

And the Washington Redskins continue their retroactive dominance over the 2003-2008 NFL seasons.

Posted by: Stu27 | May 11, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Even though the Washington Redskins have added Larry Johnson and Willie Parker to a backfield that includes Clinton Portis, the team has invited Brian Westbrook for a visit on Wednesday, according to sources.

NFC East blog
ESPN.com's Matt Mosley writes about all things NFC East in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Westbrook comes highly recommended by his former Eagles teammate, Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb, who apparently has made his case for the running back since McNabb was acquired by Washington in a trade, a source said.

Westbrook, who was released by the Eagles in February, has passed a physical with the St. Louis Rams, where he also has a familiarity with offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur, a former Eagles assistant.

Westbrook's ailments that have passed physical screenings include knee and ankle injuries, as well as multiple concussions.

The Redskins have the first organized team activity May 17-19; their level of interest in Westbrook is unknown. Dialogue between the two sides has been ongoing.

Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst.

Posted by: suliman215 | May 11, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor

4th, all those players you listed save for Dez Bryant, were there last year. And from all accounts Free was decent last year, it being his first year and all. Their problem on offense is trying to make Romo into Manning and havinghim throw the ball 40 times a game, when they're stronger at running the ball with all three RBs.

I know your hatred for Dallas is unrivaled, but c'mon dude, take off the Burgundy and gold shades for a second.

Gawd!

Moodly, I agree about making predictions at this point. That's why I was saying that right now you can really only look at continuity, and to a lesser extent, additions, as an indicator on who'll be the best this season.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 11, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1

"Each team has areas of considerable strength and notable weaknesses/unknowns."

So think of things this way:

If Romo, McNabb, Eli or Kevin Kolb went down to injury or ineffectiveness, which team has the best back up q-back and sturdy defense to win without him?

Answer: The Washington Redskins.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor

Yes I am. CMB that's all we got! loool

Posted by: jm220 | May 11, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

it's all in the numbers for the Skins to win the East this year.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 11, 2010 12:36 PM

now don't be giving up your super secret f*cking football formula!

laughing with you on that one earlier.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Have they moved Redskin Park to Ellis Island. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe green."

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 11, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

now don't be giving up your super secret f*cking football formula!

laughing with you on that one earlier.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse
No I would never do that.

This is based on a chat with my psychic.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 11, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

So when does Freddie Mitchell visit? I'll bet James Thrash is just kicking himself for retiring last year.

Posted by: Predator48 | May 11, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

which team has the best back up q-back and sturdy defense to win without him?

Answer: The Washington Redskins.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 12:53 PM

Rex???

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Answer: The Washington Redskins.

Posted by: MistaMoe |

Rex is the best backup? That can't be true. It just can't.

(and it isn't -- vick and kitna are better backups)

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 11, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Red, you have approached this stage in RI where just because I say something, there's always some reason behind it. Like Cl use to do to me.....Sorry buddy...absolute truth...

If Free was decent....then why bring in Barron to Compete???

There's no continuity in switching stearting RBs. The WR group collectivly is still a WIP....

The defense...like I said is their strength....

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 11, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 11, 2010 12:56 PM

per the scandalous news from yesterday, I think they just need some bodies to break in the new practice field turf.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't count on Wetsbrook, or Portis for that matter, to bounce back from these concussions and take up that premier level again. One hit away...

Moo, honeymooning for the rest of May in Europe, so if Hayneworth gets traded you can crow about it until the cows come home, but I still won't know it until next month.

Who am I kidding, like Europe can't get RI (Rotfrau?!)

I'll eat my crow when I get back.

Peace!!

Posted by: RomoLongballs | May 11, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

If Westbrook is still 75-80% of what he was when he was killing the 'Skins all those years, he's worth a look.

Posted by: rbpalmer | May 11, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm kind of waiting for a wistful historic piece by the WaPo beat writers or columnists ... about Albert Haynesworth ... and the inevitable (and as yet unmade) comparisons to Dan Wilkinson.

Posted by: dcsween | May 11, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

so could one of you great googley-moogley guys google how many first downs ellard had in 1994? - i think that was his incredible first-down/ratio year. i found the had 74 catches, but couldn't find first downs.

not too worried about 'skins receivers.
-------------------

also, i'm fine with them bringing in all these players. they're gonna have to cut almost half of them, so, it's just more to choose from. NBD.

Posted by: walter-in-fallschurch | May 11, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs | May 11, 2010 1:04 PM

cheers and enjoy your honeymoon Romo!

we also did a European trek (London, Amsterdam, Paris) for the big occasion.

my betrothed has Dutch relatives that we stayed with in Leiden, a short train ride from Amsterdam.

her aunt was very careful to point out that there is a big difference between cafes and coffeeshops. good tip!

she also encouraged us to visit Brussels. as much as I like Belgian beer, for some reason we kept hopping back on the train to Amsterdam.

and yes, they do eat mayonnaise on fries.

we can settle the terms of the bet at your convenience.... you might still win.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Westbrook is better than the three RB's we have on the roster combined, provided he can stay healthy.

Posted by: dc1020008 | May 11, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Guess they re going to re-vote rookie of the year because of Cushing's drug issues. I think its a bad idea to re-vote, but go Orakpo!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 11, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

if Shanallen can't do better than retreads, i.e., galloway, wade, westbrook, then why the hell are they running the show?

Posted by: RedskinWillie | May 11, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

does this mean the rb performance at minicamp was underwhelming?

Posted by: dbuggs

Not necessarily, but it's the way to bet.

The irony would be if they sign Westbrook and he and Portis hit head-on during a drill, knocking them both into retirement

Posted by: TheCork | May 11, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

... If Free was decent....then why bring in Barron to compete??? ...

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 11, 2010 1:01 PM

For the cost (a player they would be cutting anyway), its not necessarily a competition as much as depth. [As a starter, Heyer would be the biggest question mark on the Skins line ... as depth, he's the next guy to take the field.]

Posted by: dcsween | May 11, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Jim: That's interesting. Wow, it's a little early for ice cream, don't you think?
Michael: It's never too early for ice cream, Jim. But we didn't have any ice cream, so this is mayonnaise and black olives

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 11, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedskinWillie

That's a really good question.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | May 11, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

If Free was decent....then why bring in Barron to Compete???

Posted by: 4thFloor

I can't not believe you just posed that question, especially since you were vouching for the Galloway signing as early as last thread.

They brought in Barron for the same reasons Shanahan brought in LJ and Parker -- competition.

Posted by: 4thFloor

Really? You're acting like they went out and got two new RBs... wait a minute...

Everything that you listed is minor when compared to the changes the Redskins, Giants, and Eagles have made.

Just 'cause you have questions in some areas doesn't mean you lack continuity.

No disrespect homie, but I'm done with this. It's a little irritating when you're rationality is only coming from a fans perspective and you choose to ignore the facts and logic altogether.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 11, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Lets sign Brian Westbrook. If we need a back that can catch coming out of the backfield, I can't think of a better available player to do it.

Posted by: jaguar2490 | May 11, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

zceszcet and moodly

You didn't read closely.

Again; in the event of an injury to a starting quarterback, which NFC East team has the best back up AND defense to carry the team?

Answer: The Washington Redskins

Jon Kitna has flubbed more opportunities than a eunuch at the Playboy mansion.

And until Vick shows us what he truly has, he's just a guy trying to recover his name and career.

But the skins have--on paper--the best defense in the NFC East.

And I think Rex--with all his faults--has shown that he can play well in a run first, good defense situation.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

...so this is mayonnaise and black olives

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 11, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------

Tell when ice cream season starts in New England again?

Posted by: mattsoundworld | May 11, 2010 1:30 PM | Report abuse

About the Giants: something I hadn't paid much attention to and should have --

The Giants last year finished 13th in total defense, 13th in yards give up, 15th in pass defense, 14th in rushing defense, 18th in sacks (18th!! The Jints!!), 22nd in interceptions, and (this I did not realize) they finished 30th in both scoring defense and TDs allowed!

The New York Giants! Right there with the St Louis Rams!!

Excuse my overemoting, but that is a performance bad enough to be compared to the Skins' offense.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 11, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe

And he's also shown to be piss poor in that very same situation.

Rex is "just a guy" that's here. He isn't a factor until he's forced to become one.

And I hope that he doesn't.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 11, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

"If we need a back that can catch coming out of the backfield, I can't think of a better available player to do it."

The rookie from LSU is adept at that, and he doesn't have the mileage that Westbrook does.

Westbrook and L Johnson are done.

Move one.

Parker/Portis is a solid backfield.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Two recent thoughts about Mike Shanahan:

1. There is NOT a competition at every position other than QB. There is no competition for long snapper Nick Sunberg.

2. Shanahan has no lips.

Posted by: dcsween | May 11, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Am I the only one who thinks the concussion excuse was just that - an excuse to stay off the field last year?

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

Giants have the best safety tandem in the NFC east, possibly the entire league with Phillips and Rolle.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 11, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Let's HOPE Rex isn't forced to become a factor... aside from clipboard holding technique

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | May 11, 2010 1:34 PM

When Nick Sunberg showed up Bruce Allen showed him his phone. #1 on speed dial is Ethan Albright.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 11, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

lets see how phillips does coming back from that injury.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 11, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 1:34 PM

I think the concussions were real, but that its only very recently that (1) the league made anything of it and (2) the players' association is AOK with the league making a deal about it.

One of the elephants in the middle of the room in the CBA negotiations is about whose pockets the long term health care costs for retired players going to come from. That's a massive class action suit waiting to happen for some unfunded liability. Both the league and the players association would be named defendants.

Posted by: dcsween | May 11, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 1:34 PM |

Judging by his recent “words” about Arrington, he thinks it’s still 2007…..

Posted by: dlhaze1 | May 11, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

"And I hope that he (Rex) doesn't."

That's the case with all backups, isn't it?

The best defense and running game is what helps a back up.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Micheal: So I'm the mistress?

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 11, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 1:34 PM

Up here there are people who believe that bats control the universe, so there are probably a few others who go along with this one.

Posted by: beep-beep | May 11, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Willie "Not so fast anymore" Parker is more done than LJ or Westbrook.

Couldn't get on the field and was thrown behind the likes of Davenport and Mendenhall.

Parker is finished. Dude is a one trick pony and that one trick he had doesn't marvel the crowd anymore.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 11, 2010 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Dwight: [moaning loudly on exercise machine while staring at Donna who's next to him] Oh. Oh. Oh. [groans loudly] One thing you need to know about me. I don't quit until something tears or pops. [chuckles] You look like you're getting a good workout. Can I feel your pulse?

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 11, 2010 1:48 PM | Report abuse

DAVENPORT!!!

Where is Mr. Griswold’s car?

Posted by: dlhaze1 | May 11, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

"The Saints are hoping to find the future of their quarterback position...Chase Daniel, an undrafted rookie in 2009 and currently the only quarterback other than Brees under contract, has a chance to be groomed. And now Sean Canfield, the Saints' seventh-round pick this year, and rookie free agent Greg Paulus, two of the quarterbacks in last weekend's camp..."

LOL what a hoot. Chase Daniel as backup on a world championship team.

Posted by: Samson151 | May 11, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

My bad, Greg.

Forgot to throw in the word 'potential'.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 11, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

No need for Westbrook. We do not want the skins to be a washed up Philly squad. Plus C.P. will get 1250+ yards 8+ TD's and average 4+ yards a carry. Take it to the bank

Posted by: GOmellyDOTcom | May 11, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

F you Reds. You was aaight for a day...but now...It's on MoFo....

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 11, 2010 1:52 PM | Report abuse

DAVENPORT!!!

Where is Mr. Griswold’s car?

Posted by: dlhaze1 | May 11, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

POOOOOOOOOOOOPY!

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | May 11, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Westbrook and L Johnson are done.

Move one.

Parker/Portis is a solid backfield.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | May 11, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

zceszcet and moodly

You didn't read closely.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 1:28 PM

fair enough on the trick question Moe...

but I've been hacking a reverse-engineered version of the "super secret f*cking football formula" (TM) from iH8Dallas.

I've also run the numbers through Cow Sense beef management software.

both algorithms are currently showing that off-season backup QB standings in the NFC east approach zero in the limit.

things might change come regular season.

and there are way more variables in these equations than backup QB and defense.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

WOW freakin Greg Paulus. The Saints are really poppin those pills if they think this guy is an NFLer much less the next Brees. Paulus, that's just priceless...

Posted by: Stu27 | May 11, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

lmao^^^

F you too, Loco...

A board with constant "em hmm, em hmm", co-signing, and the never ending circle jerk gets boring.

You can call me 'ContrarianRed'.

Or since I sometimes run amuck at the mouth or bring up topics that you don't mention at work... 'RedTaboo'.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 11, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Excellent, top-notch reporting here, Jason.
Way to go, man.

Posted by: fargincorksucker | May 11, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

***Political Post***

Obama has finally done something that I absolutely 100% agree with. Obama has decided to shift US drug policy from one of enforcement and criminal focus to one of treatment for drug abuse and addiction. Our focus as a nation should be to help those with a problem. It should be to see how many people we can keep out of jail as opposed to how many people we can lock up.

***end political post***

What's the harm in talking to another old ass RB if we have the camp space? If he is better through the camps then he should earn a spot over one of the other retreads. If not, he's cut.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 11, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

...so it is just me.. hehe.

great point, Sween!

OT:

was on another site and the topic of ear sex came up [long story..] But it reminded me of THIS gem:

slightly nsfw(lang). little black dress AWESMOE!

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

not trying to stoke fires, beat horses, or do anything like that...

but I did run across a recent "according to sources" local piece from Minnesota suggesting that a certain DL type is open to the idea of playing for the Vikes:

there is a lot of echo chamber in this report, although it sounds to me like the scribbler may have talked to an agent exploring opportunities.

just wanted to note that this stuff is being talked about elsewhere.

and having possibly done what I was not trying to do, you may now carry on with your regularly scheduled blog discussion or whatnot.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

You don't see that going hand in hand w/ the new med-system, scamp?

Sorry - just waiting for the mandated tracking chip here.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Question: I saw a couple at a diner a while back. They were completely normal looking, middle aged couple. I was eating breakfast with my dad and they were beside us drinking coffee and reading the paper. We were sitting at the barstools.

When their food came they pushed the barstools back, stood up, then ate the entire meal standing.

Is this cultural, religious or something else?

Does anyone have the answer?

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 11, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

If the source is his agent, as it has always been, for whatever 'news' source. It's pretty mootymootymoot, don't ya think?

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 11, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Stu27

"Did you put their pics up on a board and throw darts at them to come to this conclusion....What has fast wilie recently accomplished to make him better then westbrook or LJ?"

I have a ph d in the exact sciences.

My master's dissertation's thesis was "The Power of Educated Guessing".

Herds of bulls sit and study my sh!t.

And the educated guess I'm making is based on Johnson's declining performance in Kansas City and Cincy.

He looked slow to the hole in more than just one of the several games I caught a glimpse of him in.

Both Jammal Charles and Cedric Benson shined behind offensive lines Johnson plodded behind.

And as for Parker, my guess is he still has the 'jump-cut' needed to excel in the zone-blocking scheme featured by Mr. Shanahan.

If not him, then I guess one on the rookies will suffice.

But I know Johnson won't.

And that's not a guess.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

You don't see that going hand in hand w/ the new med-system, scamp?

Sorry - just waiting for the mandated tracking chip here.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 2:20 PM |

I don't know dik, I just think it's time to try something new because this war on drugs crap just ain't working. Although I'm about as far from a socialist as they come I still think helping people, especially one's that seek help and are willing to help themselves, is a great thing. Those that just mooch off of everyone else are not on my "to help" list.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | May 11, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jaguar2490 | May 11, 2010 1:24 PM

Where is Kevin Bryant?

Posted by: abxinc | May 11, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

scottcampbell1975

"Obama has finally done something that I absolutely 100% agree with."

The Supreme Court thingy bothers me.

There's a story that the Kagan lady might be, well, you know, a lesbian.

But that's not what bothers me.

It's just that after Sotomayor, I was hoping Obama would put a decent looking hottie on the bench.

Clarene Thomas wrote me and said he hoped for the same thing.

I mean, what, Obama couldn't put say, some fine MILF on the bench, someone like Elizabeth Hassleback, Katie Couric, Soledad O'Brien, or Janet Jackson?

I'm just saying.....

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 11, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

jump-cut???

Posted by: Stu27 | May 11, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm more of a 'legalize' kinda guy myself. Never was much for puritanism - I like the Amish approach - try it, if it's for you.

And the war you're talkin' about is just for show - it was lost before it started. Same players on both sides... and regular folks caught in the middle, right? Tragedy.

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Huh.. mildly intrigued by the idea of Haynie going to the Vikings, which would kind of parallel Reggie White's move to Green Bay... a move that helped Favre get a ring. What a delight it would be to see Albert Haynesworth, Brett Favre and Brad Childress hoist the Lombardi next February. And by "delight" I mean "nausea-inducing shabingus."

ih8dallas, I've never heard of that, and a quick google of "eat standing up" doesn't bring back anything definitive... my guess is that's some kind of bogus dietary practice borne of quackery and/or pseudoscience. Just a guess.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 11, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 11, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, it was pretty wierd.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 11, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

SHABINGUS!

Posted by: DikShuttle | May 11, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 11, 2010 2:23 PM

sure... but personally find it amusing that some large proportion of this blog insists he-who-shall-not-be-named is the innocent victim of vicious rumors propagated by our lazy, mendacious, and self-serving blog host... despite tell-tale (albeit unreliable) evidence elsewhere of discussions ongoing with various clubs.

take it for what it is worth -- not much! -- although if it were completely moot, I don't see why an agent would be leaking that sort of information.

Posted by: moodlymoodlymoo | May 11, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

* beep beep *

new post

Posted by: NateinthePDX | May 11, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

MistaMoe, Katie Couric? Eeeeeeeew!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | May 11, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Byron Westbrook is the worst !
The only time u hear anything about him is when he's running his mouth about his bro. Try doing something on the field to get pub.

Posted by: EagerYeager | May 12, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse