Saints-Skins 2006 Game Offers Clues

After getting an initial glimpse of the Saints on film and watching them on TV on Sunday, some members of the Skins offense see a lot of similarities to the club Washington faced in The Big Easy near the end of the 2006 season.

Center Casey Rabach for one thinks the team is operating its defense with similar principles (though perhaps New Orleans has upgraded its long-suffering secondary a bit). They want to be aggressive at the line, play man coverage, bring the heat off the edge in the pass rush as often as possible and are not afraid to stack eight in the box to shut down the run.

"They're not a whole lot different from what they were two years ago," Rabach said. "They're definitely an aggressive team. They're not afraid to commit a lot of guys to the box to stop the run. It's going to be tough sledding for us, but it's a challenge that we're up for taking."

Let's take a look at the Skins' 16-10 upset of the Saints in the Superdome in December 2006, shall we? Todd Wade had to start in place of Jon Jansen and did a great job, his best performance as a Skin, helping shut down the pass rush. The Saints mustered just one sack and the sluggish Skins offense found holes by running.

Ladell Betts, on his way to a 1,000-yard season in place of injured Clinton Portis, piled up 119 yards. Jason Campbell threw a beauty of a pass to Santana Moss out of play action, catching Moss between two Saints for a 31-yard touchdown, and an early 10-0 lead. And, most shocking of all, Joe Gibbs actually let T.J. Duckett touch the ball ... four times no less! How crazy is that? He ran four times for 18 yards.

Keeping Campbell upright and allowing him time to process information was the name of the game, particularly in the din of the dome. Although this is a home game, the template is pretty much the same.

The defense was stellar that day, a rare day of joy for what was the NFL's worst pass defense in '06. Somehow they limited New Orleans's attack; Carlos Rogers finally held on to a pick, the team held Drew Brees to 207 yards passing and the Saints to 270 yards overall. Not sure they will be able to duplicate that outing this weekend. It'll be tough.

By Jason La Canfora  |  September 9, 2008; 3:29 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Taylor: Knee Injury, Loss Tough to Take
Next: Redskins' Super Bowl Odds In The Tank

Comments

Room is full of empty people?

Posted by: SMACK | September 9, 2008 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Panties!

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

4th, do not trade a starting stud running back for anything less than a stud QB. RBs are the life blood of FF. If you have one, hold on to him. Stud RBs, especially those that get touches at or near the goalline, are going to get you more points week to week than a QB. What happens if one of your other RBs gets hurt? Have you considered the bye week? There are tons of stop gaps out there at QB and WR that you can get before trading Turner, who coming into this season was viewed as a hot FF commodity - that's why you drafted him.
Don't do it.

Posted by: This is your conscious | September 9, 2008 3:28 PM

This HAS to be my conscious because that is exactly what I plan on doing. Thanks for blogging your guts, eh, spirit out too!

Like I said, no way I'm trading Turner, UNLESS I get offered at least 3 different players of good value.

Al Zeke - Email me your latest offer w/o Turner in it........

Posted by: 4th | September 9, 2008 3:32 PM

Posted by: 4th | September 9, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

All i'm saying is that he's an unkown and either way isn't ready to start. I hope in a couple years to be thinking that the skins got a steal.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 3:18 PM

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 9, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

If we see Colt play this year, something has probably gone very wrong.

The only other situation would be late in the 4th quarter with a massive lead. I don't see that situation happening this year.

I hope Colt works out, but hope Soup finds a rhythm more.

Posted by: stumped | September 9, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

I don't really know what to do about my FF team. I'm in a league for money, already lost week 1, and I have Brees and Bush as 2 of my "go-to" guys. Do I start them this week? I'd hate to do it, but I might have to.

Options at QB: Brees, Garrard, Delhomme

Options at RB: Addai, Bush, Edgerrin, Maroney, Chris Johnson, Deangelo Williams

I don't trust Garrard (behind his now depleted o-line) or Delhomme (without S. Smith), nor do I trust Edge, Maroney, or Williams (I play 3 RBs). Should I keep them in and root against my fantasy team, or bench them and hope for the best?

Posted by: psps23 | September 9, 2008 3:44 PM | Report abuse

psps23 - Go Addai, Edge, and Chris J. You have to go with Brees but just pray for a shootout...keyword is "pray"

Posted by: Chris | September 9, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Bet with head, not heart.

Posted by: Confuscious | September 9, 2008 3:47 PM | Report abuse

psps23,
Set your line up now and forget it. Promise you won't even think about FF until next Tuesday.

Then, say 20 HTTRs as penance.

Posted by: stumped | September 9, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Those who think JG 2.0 wasn't a farce answer me this: why did he stay with Brunnel longer than John Boy Walton lived at home? It chaps my hide to think about the wasted past few years and to feel all but certain that we're in for more years of the same. JC, JT and Thrash...give me a break.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

There may be some other subtle differences between the 2006 Saints-Redskins game and the one this coming Sunday, but the one that jumps out at me is that we had a squad of people at least partially drawn from RI peeps who spent the week volunteering in New Orleans and then went to the game. They obviously contributed to the Skins' victory down there.

So... if any of you spot anyone from New Orleans doing volunteer work in DC this week, tell them to get the hell out of town.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 9, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Agreed! If Colt sees a playing field this year, we've already 'given up' or we're deperate...

That said, I wouldn't feel bad about seeing him. I would feel bad about HAVING to see him... buuut...

Posted by: Dik | September 9, 2008 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Brunel is the bane of Gibbs' legacy. Imagine if we had just played Collins like Saunders wanted to instead of #8. Unfortunately I think that decision was made based on Mark's character and their shared faith more than it was on ability and what was best for the team, which overall I think WAS the legacy of Gibbs 2.0 great character strong faith to get through tough times (some self inflicted personnel choices) but in the big picture, a bunch of decisions that weren't best for the team.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 9, 2008 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dik | September 9, 2008 3:56 PM

Couldn't have said it any better, I don't want to see Colt this year because that means my suspicions of Campbell's suckage are true...or Campbell and Collins got hurt, either of which I don't want, but, I think Colt could be the real deal and if he gets the shot.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 9, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Campbell's overall size and athletic ability are considerable attributes, but how he will develop is the source of debate.

"He's more than just a product of his [offensive] system, and he has natural talent," one NFL personnel executive said of Campbell days before the draft. "But he has some real issues to overcome. If Joe knows what we know, he's not going to take him with that pick there. Everyone I've talked to thinks this kid is at best a second-round pick."

Another team official said that until his senior season, it did not appear that Campbell would even be drafted. He likened Borges's work with Campbell to what California Coach Jeff Tedford did with recent first-round picks Aaron Rodgers and Kyle Boller, and cautioned against expecting too much too soon from Campbell.

"He's going to be holding a clipboard for two years," the executive said. "I think it will take him that long to learn the system and be ready to execute it."

One Southeastern Conference defensive coach believes the Redskins erred in taking Campbell, saying there were three quarterbacks in the SEC he would draft ahead of Campbell. "He'd win a beauty contest, and the NFL just sees a tall quarterback with a strong arm," the coach said. "They're obviously not looking at all the other intangibles."

Posted by: April 2005 | September 9, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

lh, before you go on (because of the latest development) and lay it on me. i want you to know that i was on the sidelines standing pat regarding VY. i don't care either way. i was just reporting. plus i wanted usc to win another championship and was rooting against him the whole time.

sfskin, i have you beaten in FF. i have the worst team.

4th, yes, i am. and regarding michael turner...how about lunch on me at whatever place of your choosing (no alcohol) for turner and i'll throw in stephen jackson and carson palmer.

Posted by: dealer | September 9, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dik | September 9, 2008 3:56 PM

Agreed, I wouldn't mind seeing him but that would mean something catastrophic has happened.

Posted by: BobOh | September 9, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

psps, I honestly think Delhomme is a better option than Brees (combined with the honest thought that the Skins secondary -- with Springs -- is better than the Bears).

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

4th -- was looking at your roster and you have no QB. Pretty huge hole there. Delhomme isn't chump change. Beating SD in SD without his all pro WR isn't some minor deal. When Smith returns, he's a top 10 QB.

You have nothing that helps me much other than Turner, which helps me a lot. I got some guys that could help you other than Delhomme, like Henderson.

Posted by: This is your conscious | September 9, 2008 3:28 PM

Al Zeke - Email me your latest offer w/o Turner in it........

Posted by: 4th | September 9, 2008 3:32 PM

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 9, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Just wanted to point out that this is wrong. Stud RB score many more points in relation to OTHER mediocre RB's than stud QB's score in relation to mediocre QB's. So the point differential between a Tony Romo to say Jeff Garcia is much less than Tomlinson is to say Michael Pittman.

That is why you choose RB's first.

Posted by: Skinz | September 9, 2008 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Ok - now I KNOW something is going on w/ the super-collider in Europe.

#1 - my cubicle mate just got my email before outlook sent it

Aaand

#3 - 3 or more different people on RI just agreed.

What kinda crazy SJKing rift in time have we opened here??!!

Posted by: Dik | September 9, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

The 2006 game @ the Saints also was the game where Lloyd, Brandon dropped the ball, about which Saunders remarked to Lloyd "looks like the lights caught you in the eye" ... and Receiver, The b!tched about how JC's ball was "way underthrown" ... [replays reveal, at a minimum, that The was incorrect.]

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:10 PM | Report abuse

i'm officially off the "bench jc bandwagon"...cuz it really doesn't matter who's at QB or who the coach is for this team...yes the QB sucks and the coach is on OJT. unless danny makes changes and sacrifices his ego skins will be the same every year.

i really think the D will shut down the saints. they have good success against short QB's. the question is if the saints can stop CP. if they can't skins win.

Posted by: dealer | September 9, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Is the poster known as "zjfr2" the same poster formerly known as "Jack" from SJK fame?

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Dik,

I agree because I see a huge black hole heading towards Washington.

Posted by: Skinz | September 9, 2008 4:12 PM | Report abuse

From Sportingnews.com: Redskins ranked 25 out of 32 in power poll:

25. Washington Redskins (0-1), down 4 spots. The Redskins got a huge spark down the stretch last season from Todd Collins. Will they need him again if Jason Campbell continues to struggle in Jim Zorn's offense?"

This Vinnie Iyer guy clearly didn't put a lot of effort into his assessment of the Redskins! Unfortunately, until they play better not many people are gonna put much thought into them.

Posted by: will_ga | September 9, 2008 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:12 PM

yes, changed the handle to avoid the fighting that happened before, I'm all for arguing but I didn't like how nasty some people got, took a break for the offseason, came back with the different name hoping to avoid all that.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 9, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Ya'll stupid, seriously the Skins' suck. Zorn is in over his head and is overmatched. Jason Campbell is a bum, no head on his shoulders. The front office stinks, Dan Snyder and his puppet Vinny have no clue what they are doing.

Who spends 3 second round picks on receivers and expects them to contribue? We could have drafted one receiver and used the other two picks for positions that would help us, maybe upgrade our old and slow offensive line.

I have been a Skins' fan all my lift but I cant be any more, I give up. Dan Snyder has ruined this team. We might as well call them the Washington Raiders because they are just as bad. The worst curse a franchise can have is not injuries it is bad ownership.

The Redskins will NEVER EVER win anything again until Dan Snyder either sells the team or comes to his senses, steps away and hands the team over to a real GM.

Dan Snyder = WORST OWNER EVEN, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

Posted by: Dalolokins SE | September 9, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Zeke - I don't have any QBs because I cut Brady and EVERY starting QB is on a team.

I have a few possibilities. I will wait until Thursday before I make my final decision.

Dealer - I forget what I asked you. Oh, Catching up? It would take more than food to get Turner also....

Too early to hop on the Bench JC bandwagon. Wait atleast until game 7 or 8......

Sween is def a GM.....

Posted by: 4th | September 9, 2008 4:21 PM | Report abuse

sween, very impressive!!!! are you a company man? How the heck did you figure that out?

Posted by: Dealer | September 9, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Since today seems a day for doom and gloom, lets put the question out there:

How many wins does Zorn need to get in 2008 to keep his job?

I say 6

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 9, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I agree man! Snyder sucks, he is as evil and stupid as George Bush.

Obama gonna become President and take them all down.

Obama for Skins' GM, heck yeah!

Posted by: Ronnie | September 9, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:12 PM

Sween - How did you get that? What tipped you off?

Posted by: 4th | September 9, 2008 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I don't think it was a secret. Jack said it a couple times.

Posted by: Skinz | September 9, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

4 - 12 would be a success for Zorn.

Did you see towards the end of the game the players were telling him what to do?

He was lost.

Fire him now and hire Denny Green, a real coach.

Posted by: Jankum | September 9, 2008 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder = WORST OWNER EVEN, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

Posted by: Dalolokins SE | September 9, 2008 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm. that's what the Skins need a new nickname for their defense: The Black Hole...or maybe The Donut Hole.

Hey Dik, back to work or I'll e-mail your computer logs to your boss.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

This is from ProFootballTalk about the first Monday night game last night:

" ... Jared Allen, who drew two holding penalties against the Packers and deflected a pass but was held without a tackle, called it “one of the least productive games I’ve had in my life.” ..."

I would like to point out that Jared Allen did NOT sprain his knee 10 days previously in a collision that looked like it should have kept him out for at LEAST one game ... and that Jason Taylor had no holding penalties.

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:26 PM | Report abuse

zjfr2--

Welcome back under the new identity/new blog style. Are you also registered on the RI Wiki as "Angry Old Man Jack"?

Maybe you want to change that too?

Speaking of the Wiki, we've got 60 registered members. Always room for more, and it's always free.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 9, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse

I don't think it was a secret. Jack said it a couple times.

Posted by: Skinz | September 9, 2008 4:24 PM

I haven't hid it, it wasn't a national secret or anything, just preferred to try an avoid some of the mean people on here, and so far its worked.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 9, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Obama isnt anything more than a glorified speaker

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Quick, name the one thing most wrong with the Redskins.

I'd say Talent Evaluation.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 4:29 PM | Report abuse

TE, I would but I forgot my username and password

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 9, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Obama isnt anything more than a glorified speaker

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 4:29 PM

Talk about stating the obvious. But, what's new in your statement?

Posted by: 4th | September 9, 2008 4:31 PM | Report abuse

i been meaning to do this...i humbly apologize for last friday. i hope all of you can forgive me. i should have (can't emphasize that enough) ignored the name calling. i am sorry you guys had to read that crap and vadude's replies to my crap. sorry! sorry! and i hope to god jack's kids weren't reading. or anyone else's kids. and i gurantee it will never happen again.

Posted by: dealer | September 9, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

IT'S ALL THE FRONT-OFFICE'S FAULT!?!?!...wait a minute, what were we talking about?

Posted by: JLa | September 9, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

For the record, I thought Taylor played ok. He had some valuable pressure on Eli 'Dynamite' Manning.

Our D Line is two things 1) Undersized and 1) inexperienced with each other.

I say they take a Riverboat trip togeth...oh... wait a minute.

Posted by: Dik | September 9, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Glorified speaking worked for Reagan.

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Eli Dynamite! LOVE IT!

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4th | September 9, 2008 4:21 PM

-----
4th, its quite a dilemma for you. I picked multiple QBs early in the draft because I know QBs get hurt. All 32 starters got picked. Trade value means something. I think Delhomme will be a top guy, but Rivers plays a pretty weak schedule. Either way, I'll get solid and maybe spectacular points from the QB position week to week -- as long as I play the right guy.

I figured there would be a fair trade out there where I could pick up some real talent in return for real talent. Just earlier than I expected.

Also went for the backups to Adrian Peterson and LT because I figured if they got hurt, instant major PT. Both teams will want the backups in to keep the big guns healthy.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 9, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Worked for FDR too. That Lincoln guy.. not too shabby.

Washington? Sukked.

Posted by: Dik | September 9, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

"I call bulls**t on the way this blog entry is worded to make it look like jason taylor was beaten badly in the run game vs the giants. when actually a great majority of the giants rushing yards were at andre carter...when the giants ran left at(our defenses right/carters side) they averaged 8.7 yards per carry. running at jason taylor they averaged only 3.8ypc...once again the washpost agenda making every thing about the redskins seem negative by twisting and contorting things to fit their negative stance...

Posted by: X-E | September 9, 2008 1:56 PM

Otay, the how about adding up Taylor's total sacks and tackles against Carolina, Jacksonville and the Giants. Don't worry, X-E, you won't have to remove your shoes and socks to come up with the answer.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 9, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Fire him now and hire Denny Green, a real coach.

Posted by: Jankum | September 9, 2008 4:24 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Do you know which buffet he is currently in? If anyone is as much of a joke as Cerrato, it's Denny Green. It's a match made in heaven. I believe the fat man's last major decision was to draft Leinart. Yes, I'm sure he could help us with talent eval. hahahahahahahahaha!

Posted by: Mike H. | September 9, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Quick, name the one thing most wrong with the Redskins.

I'd say Talent Evaluation.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 4:29 PM

That's easy enough to overcome -- just read my columns and posts. I've got it all sized up.

Posted by: Jason La Canfora | September 9, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

+++Jason Taylor looked bad last week and he was not in game shape. How much is injury and how much is conditioning? Hard to tell. He got moved around a lot by the Jints line.

Both his knee and his conditioning should improve with the 10 days between games.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 9, 2008 2:19 PM+++

And, of course, that 30 pounds of muscle he'll add to his sylph-like dancer's frame.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

if obama isn't anything than a glorifed speaker then what is mccain or palin?

a glorified POW and a hockey mom?

puhlease! i would've voted for mccain over bush any day and over kerry any day...but he is not better than obama for this country.

last thing i want to read in november is that "america just wasn't ready to elect a 'black' man"...that would be insulting to me as an american.

check out his accomplishments (in academia and real life)please before saying something like that.

Posted by: dealer | September 9, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Quick, name a spreadable food that tastes great on crackers.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Hey 4th- Are you in the League Redcoat or League Nate(not that there's anything wrong with that)?

Posted by: 4-12 | September 9, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dealer | September 9, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Sween,

'gosh'. That stupid stare that's supposed to be Tough just looks... stupid.

We shoulda had 3 pics on him. That team is all coaching & Defense.

Gilbride for Mayor! (A.Pierce on the under ticket)

Posted by: Dik | September 9, 2008 4:37 PM | Report abuse

actually, I don't need to change it, I kinda still am angry, just so tired of us being middle of the pack, just once in my adult life I'd like to go into a season thinking we are legit contenders to win it all.....30 years old, been a fan my whole life, been a long time since we felt like the favorite.

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 9, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

The Giants only ran left a handful of times. They ran right nearly 20 times. [One of the times they ran left, the tackle was credited to Taylor and Doughty.]

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:38 PM | Report abuse

i traded some guy in my fantasy league tom brady for adrien peterson and kellen winslow..hahaha sucker doesnt even know brady is injured

Posted by: FAB88 | September 9, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I get the feeling that N.O. watched the tape of the Skins v. Giants, and saw what Plax did, and saw how many potential picks our DBs dropped, and decided that anything less than 500 yards in the air would be a disappointment, esp after putting up 343 against TB.

And our response to that is...

Posted by: p1funk | September 9, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

++++Dik,

I agree because I see a huge black hole heading towards Washington.

Posted by: Skinz | September 9, 2008 4:12 PM+++

If you're an atomic collider scientist from Switzerland, Skinz, you're scarin' the crap out of me.

Anyone who doesn't get the reference, is spending too much time on this board.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 9, 2008 4:40 PM | Report abuse

++++Obama isnt anything more than a glorified speaker

Posted by: Anonymous | September 9, 2008 4:29 PM+++

Wow, good one. let us respond with equal creativity:

McCain is nothing but a glorified corpse.

Now then, back to Football and fantasy, already in progress....

Posted by: Anti-Swiftboat Redskin Fans for Obviousness | September 9, 2008 4:42 PM | Report abuse

"how can he be an unknown but we sure he's not ready to start? I'm not ready to give up on Campbell just yet, but if we're 0 and 5 I will be, and I will want to see Colt. What we've seen from Colt is that in college, against teams of similar talent to his, he was other worldly, against a team that had superior talent to his he was beat up and played poorly, in the NFL to date playing with players of similar talent (all 3rd stringers) he had statistically one of the best preseasons in the league, look sharp, quick, and commanding.....so why do we just assume that he's not ready to play if he were to get on the field against 1st stringers if he's playing with 1st stringers also. I get tired of people dismissing Colt because of the Georgia game when he got hurt halfway through and was playing with nowhere near the same talent level he was playing against!

Posted by: zjfr2 | September 9, 2008 3:36 PM "

You know you subconsciously think Colt is not that good because you said "in the NFL to date playing with players of similar talent (all 3rd stringers) he had statistically one of the best preseasons in the league, look sharp, quick, and commanding....."

re-read that...you were exactly right. Colt was playing against similar talent aka THIRD STRING IN NFL talent. And you want him as starting QB? No thanks.

DRAFT KNOWSHON AND STAFFORD

Posted by: The Truth | September 9, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

beep it along folks ... nothin to see here (and even LESS to see in the next thread).

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

George Bush is nothing more than a glorified farm animal.

Posted by: Slippery Richard | September 9, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

lol @ dealer, the guy has fallen hook, line, and sinker for the "Red State Vs. Blue State" crap.

what a maroon

Posted by: The Truth | September 9, 2008 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Hey 4th - how about Kyle Orton? He should be better than many other options - make an offer

Posted by: zornskins | September 9, 2008 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Glorified speaking worked for Reagan.

Posted by: dcsween | September 9, 2008 4:33 PM

That's what I thought. Thanks for the learning lesson.

I thought FDR actually got stuff done?

Lincoln too?

Dealer - I read his accomplishments. Maybe it's the way I look at accomplishments, but I didn't see much.

In no way am I endorsing anyone. Just saying........

Posted by: 4th | September 9, 2008 4:56 PM | Report abuse

The Saints put up 350 yards last week through the air and won by what 4 points?

New Orleans has talent on the O side of the ball, but their defense will give enough away to allow teams to stay in the ballgame with them.

NO isn't going to beat Dallas, GB or NY with the defense they have.

Posted by: Roy Hobbs | September 9, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Another rookie with a standout performance, Eddie Royal last night for Denver. It seems like every game that I watched in week 1 had an impact rookie. I mean besides our rookie punter.

Posted by: #44 | September 9, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse

I am wood hearing the skins are asking that Brown26 come work the serving line. Brownwood, I remeber when you were just a lonely fool behind a board. and gee , now u can post on the internet with ignorant opinions !!- back to bk, fool.

Posted by: deidra | September 9, 2008 8:18 PM | Report abuse