Sam Bradford schedules workout with Redskins

Top draft prospect Sam Bradford is scheduled to have a private workout with the Redskins before next month's draft, according to Ben Dogra, one of Bradford's agents.The Redskins are one of two teams who have scheduled such private workouts and will see Bradford in Norman, Okla., on April 15th, one week before the NFL Draft.

Bradford is the second quarterback confirmed to visit with the team in person, joining Florida's Tim Tebow. The Redskins could also take a closer look at Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen.

It's not unusual for a team with a first-round pick as high as the Redskins -- No. 4 overall -- to check out the top prospects in person, but the visit does seem to confirm the team's in Bradford, rated by most as the best quarterback available in next month's draft.

Many expect Bradford to be off the board by the time the Redskins make their first selection. It's probably too early for such a definitive proclamation, though, as the St. Louis Rams, who hold the draft's No. 1 pick, will also take a closer look at Bradford. The Rams have scheduled a private workout with Bradford for April 12.

Todd McShay, an ESPN draft analyst, said on a conference call Thursday that the No. 1 pick is Bradford's to lose, meaning that he'd have to perform poorly at his Pro Day and in his meetings with the Rams to slip out of the draft's top spot. Bradford will throw for the first time for NFL coaches and scouts during his Pro Day, which is scheduled for March 29. Most of the top
teams in the draft, the Redskins included, are expected to be in attendance.

Bradford is still recovering from shoulder surgery and did not throw at last month's NFL Scouting Combine, nor did he participate in Oklahoma's Pro Day earlier this month. Clausen's Pro Day is scheduled for April 9 in South Bend, Ind., while Tebow participated in Florida's Pro Day earlier this week.

Tebow is reportedly scheduled to visit five teams in-person, including the Redskins.

By Rick Maese  |  March 18, 2010; 6:04 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ray Wright brings fresh approach to Redskins' strength and conditioning program
Next: London Fletcher approves of Redskins' new approach to free agency

Comments

Booooo....

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 18, 2010 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan and General Manager Bruce Allen were not present, but they didn't need to be if they plan on viewing Tebow up-close at Redskins Park in the coming weeks.

So if you want to see a Tebow workout he makes house calls. If you want to see Brad you go to Norman. Emblematic of the vast talent diff between the 2.

Posted by: QuietTeeth | March 18, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

The light! Sam, don't look at the light!

Posted by: MrChili | March 18, 2010 6:30 PM | Report abuse

What is this? National Slow Retort Month? It took you 20 hours to come up with this?

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 5:53 PM |

Hey I don't live on this blog the way you apparently do. Have any hobbies or vices? Friends or family? Job or avocation? Exercise anything other than your fingers?

Posted by: QuietTeeth

That's a pretty good retort, despite the fact that it actually IS "Slow Retort Month."

But QT, we are happy League Source is friendless, yobless, hobby-free and exercises only his fingers and his chilliwacker, because he's one of the better retorters himself.

Posted by: TheCork | March 18, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

"Religious beliefs are like one's sex life - nothing to be ashamed of, but private, not something to be foisted upon others, or discussed sans prompting."---HOGMEISTER

Ah, were it true. Would have saved the world the Crusades, BYU players would be two years younger, and when the doorbell rings, it wouldn't be those annoying Door-to-Door Bible-thumpers.

But in truth, it ISN'T like one's sex life, not at ALL like one's sex life, if you're doing it right.

In a bit of Irony, there is the King James version of the Bible and, in the news today, two people whose sex lives we could have done without hearing about--Joslyn James, and Jesse James.

Posted by: TheCork | March 18, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Mike Schmidt
The Al Bundy Guy
The Voice of Bart Simpson Lady

Those are just some [ahem, all] famous OU alums off the top of my head. Georgetown can't touch this extensive list! The Hoyas are in BIG trouble tonight!

Posted by: 4-12 | March 18, 2010 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Sam the man in my eyes. Let's trade the 4th and J.C. for the RAMS 1st and 4th. Oh does anyone know the :

STATUS OF BIG BEN RAPE CASE IN GA. LAST I HEARD HE REFUSED TO TAKE A DNA.

Posted by: skinsinsider101 | March 18, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

"Sam Bradford schedules workout with Redskins"

I'd pay to see this workout.

You'd think the kids and their agents would figure out a way to create an internet portal where nerds and draftniks could pay to see.

Oh well.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

"Sam the man in my eyes. Let's trade the 4th and J.C. for the RAMS 1st and 4th."

Seeing how Rexy is in the house, and could start, this sounds like a plan.

Until that first sack....

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Bring on our 2nd Slingin' Sammy B...

Posted by: Oogalaboogala | March 18, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

4-12, I believe SI's Peter King is also a Bobcat alum.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 18, 2010 6:47 PM | Report abuse

And Arsenio Hall! And Paul Newman! And Joe Eszterhas! And MacGyver!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 18, 2010 6:50 PM | Report abuse

If the Skins don't schedule a workout w/Clausen then it's time to worry.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 18, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

I also left out Matt Lauer and Clarence Page!

And with that, I'm off to guts OUt cheer for the soon to be national champions... "THE" Ohio University Bobcats!

Posted by: 4-12 | March 18, 2010 6:53 PM | Report abuse

"Washington: I Also Used Marijuana, Amphetamines"

SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) -- A day after acknowledging he failed a drug test for cocaine last year, Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington says he used marijuana and amphetamines while he was a player.

In politics, a fish rots from the head.

For the Texas Rangers, the snow falls from the top.

"The advice I give all players is to keep the game between the white lines."

Washington's habits explain why local pawn shops were inundated with stolen bases last year.

"Has anybody seen my straw?" Washington asked at one point last year.

"I want to, er, stir the drink."

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 6:54 PM | Report abuse

F-Dallas!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | March 18, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Correctamundo, curzon!

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | March 18, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Why not take Tebow? He'd certainly beef up the backfield.

Posted by: Xlnt | March 18, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse

And Arsenio Hall! And Paul Newman! And Joe Eszterhas! And MacGyver!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | March 18, 2010 6:50 PM |

Funny these bigtime Hollywood types would come out of an obscure midwestern college.

Posted by: QuietTeeth | March 18, 2010 7:09 PM | Report abuse

TEBOW. what if he kept saying PRAISE ALLAH? Would you be disgusted then? I am sick of his and Kurt Warners continual reference to a "GOD" who many don't believe in anyway. Personally, I think it is all folklore anyway. These people who hear voices are Sczizophrenic anyway.

Posted by: KurtShanaman | March 18, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KurtShanaman | March 18, 2010 7:14 PM |

So because YOU don't believe in it THEY shouldn't talk about it. What a phukin" commie.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 18, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

@KurtShanaman

Posted by: Copious1 | March 18, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse

@KurtShanaman

Posted by: Copious1 | March 18, 2010 7:30 PM |

We should cut Kurt some slack. He is mildly retarded and the fact that he figured out how to use the keyboard is a blessing.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 18, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

What a phukin" commie.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 18, 2010 7:28 PM |

Dude - u r showin yor age. Callin duds "commie" is so yester.

Posted by: QuietTeeth | March 18, 2010 7:35 PM | Report abuse

Big Deal the Redskins don't need Bradford nor does he come close to being a so called franchise quarterback lets just get him in an go thru the process so that we can draft Okung and build the dam offensive line

Posted by: BeatDontStop | March 18, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

Dude - u r showin yor age. Callin duds "commie" is so yester.

Posted by: QuietTeeth | March 18, 2010 7:35 PM |

Sure doing a lot of yapping for someone with that handle. Besides, what's up with you youngsters? To dam laz to spel out a whol wor?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 18, 2010 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Okay, my bad..Bradford would be a big risk, but remember the Sooners brought him back too soon (smell like lawsuit..Who's from D.C.??), and he may be pretty solid if he hasn
t had the severe ligament damage..

Big East and the big hype market teams getting served on notice by the rest of the NCAA- Villanova will fall shortly and many more others..It's just like every year, they hype the hell outta the NFC East (being a massive Nielsen market block) as being the toughest division, and then (like the past coupla years) they all get knocked out early...just sayin'..GO HOYAS!!!

Posted by: frak | March 18, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Besides I show my age evertytime I post. Not ashamed of being 35.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 18, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse

I saw some Bradford highlights. He sure looked good -- especially with all that time to throw the ball.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2010 7:44 PM | Report abuse

Georgtown is looking like a mid major, if they lose that will hurt the bracket.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 18, 2010 7:59 PM | Report abuse

TIM TEBOW??????? Stop this tomfoolery!....

imagine if Vinnie were still here Tebow would be our starter LOL

It's a new day and I really believe that .....koolaid is good..

Posted by: leevi98 | March 18, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Why are we not pursuing Darren Sharper? He would be a serious upgrade to Doughty (no disrespect Reed). He would help Laron pull his head out of his ass so he didn't look so lost. Would be a mistake not to at least have him visit.

Posted by: macleod5000 | March 18, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Some things are too twisted!!

Polanski's lawyers are going after prosecutors for "misconduct". Which somehow seems odd, considering Polanski's "misconduct" was sex with a 13 year old. Two misconducts make a right?

In a DC twist, the 13 year old was the daughter of the woman who did the Ourisman Chevrolet commercials a few decades ago.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2010 8:12 PM | Report abuse

As for looking at Tebow and Bradford, the Skins should do that, whether they have any intention of going that way or not. Both are guys that other teams might trade up to get.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

What would you think if Tebow started praising Amway every time he opened his mouth? Isn't the biggest justification for his proselytizing that that's what Christians are supposed to do? It's the same thing Amway salesmen are supposed to do.

Living in Texas, I come across quite a few people who have to intersperse every sentence with talk of blessings and praise. That's their deal, but I tend to stay away from them, becuase it seems to me that they are trying to convince me or maybe even themselves that they are blessed. I question their sincerity.

At the end of the day, I don't question any one's right to speak freely of his religion. At the same time, I question their selflessness, because when they open their mouth like that on national TV, they haven't asked me, or any of the other millions watching, if I wanted to share their faith with them. If I wanted to discuss my views about God, I'd drop into my local church and find someone who wanted to listen.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 18, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston

John, thanks for that and Bless Your Heart

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 18, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Agree on Darren Sharper, why the h*** not??

Ohio Charlie has definitely got his sh*t together, look at how krunk and ready they are every time Hoyas set up on offense..Three ball bombers have to at least get a hand in their face, Hoyas need to WAKE UP..

Posted by: frak | March 18, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: macleod5000 | March 18, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Sharper is a one player away type player. By the time we're truly competitive again (like championship contenders) Sharper will be on his last legs.

Posted by: CapsXXVI | March 18, 2010 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: nattylite88 | March 18, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

I for one believe that shanahan has his draft board set for rounds 1 & 2 and now is doing due dilegence to confirm his decisions. By his moves I can't determine if he's looking for QB, OT or OT, QB or what. My guess for the first round is Bradford if available and if not, the best OT left on his board.

Posted by: elderdave1 | March 18, 2010 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: elderdave1 | March 18, 2010 8:34 PM

I would be surprised if he set his draft board this early. He has only been with the players for three days. He's not finished with free agency. He hasn't met most of the potential draftees.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

"Big Deal the Redskins don't need Bradford nor does he come close to being a so called franchise quarterback..."

Again: how do we know if some guy is or is not a 'franchise quarterback' until he gets into the league and faces real NFL players?

Tim Couch, David Carr, and Joey Harrington were all deemed franchise, but bombed, Chad Henne, Matt Shaub, and Joe Flacco were seen a average, but look like they are going to have excellent careers.

The draft is a crap shot, after all, and so the guaranteeing risk issues bloggas have is something that's just got be let go of as risk is just another part of the business of talent acquisition.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

"I think it's only posters here on RI who have their draft boards set, and have had them set since early November.Posted by: League-Source" |

early November of 2008, is more like it.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 18, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Now Bradford is a different story... he's gentle, his eyes are soft, and when he makes love to you: it's real.

Posted by: noseman4681 | March 18, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

"@KurtShanaman Those who believe in God give him praise and honor in their life, just as those you believe in the religion of self always take credit for what they do. They worship at the alter of me, my, and I. Just because you don't happen to believe, I'm sure you are more than willing to promote yourself whenever possible. Posted by: Copious1"

This would have been a more powerful rebuke had it made any sort of sense.

Oh well, keep trying. Maybe God will help.

Posted by: Samson151 | March 18, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: macleod5000 | March 18, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CapsXXVI | March 18, 2010 8:21 PM

Caps, are you implying that we shouldn't be trying to put together the best team possible? Last I checked, the object of a football game is to win. If Sharper can help us win games and could be obtained at a reasonable price, I don't see the downside. If he can help Landry learn how to read the opposing offense as well, so he doesn't get burnt biting on play action every other game, it would be an added bonus that could have residual positves for years to come...

Posted by: macleod5000 | March 18, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse

Good one, Samson!

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

I'm a little weary of all this religion talk... I dated a very manipulative Priest, for a very long time, and trust me... it was an abusive relationship. It's made me the person I am today, and I'm stronger for it, so no, I don't regret it. I've learned so much and I know I wont make the same mistake a third time.

Posted by: noseman4681 | March 18, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: noseman4681 | March 18, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Noseman bringing the element of surprise tonight, which is an accomplishment in a two-line or four-line post.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

I hope we haven't gotten off on the wrong foot tonight. Let's start over. Hi, I'm Noseman4681.

Posted by: noseman4681 | March 18, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

"Good one, Samson!"

That's what Delilah said.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Georgetown loses to Ohio. Man, John Thompson, Jr. got some splainin to do.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Tomorrow's predicted threads:

a. Joey Porter signs.

b. Poll: How do you feel about Joey Porter signing?

c. How does Joey Porter fit into the skins defense?

d. Joey Porter's thoughts about the 3-4 switch.

e. Coach Spanos speaks about Joey Porter.

f. Levi Jones says he's okay with the Joey Porter signing just after De Angelo Hall okays the surprise T.O. signing.

That's all day tomorrow, folks.

Unless Porter leaves without a contract.

And T.O. forgets how to spit.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

"...kool aid is good..."

That's what Jim Jones said.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Tomorrow's predicted threads:

a. Joey Porter signs.

b. Poll: How do you feel about Joey Porter signing?

c. How does Joey Porter fit into the skins defense?

d. Joey Porter's thoughts about the 3-4 switch.

e. Coach Spanos speaks about Joey Porter.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:35 PM

You got f. wrong:

f. Impact of Joey Porter signing on Albert Haynesworth (with no direct quotes from anyone)

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

classic Moe...classic.

Posted by: chrislarry | March 18, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes the polygamist man awake before his wives."

--anonymous scribbling found in the bathroom of a Utah public restroom.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes the polygamist man awake before his wives."

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:49 PM

That's not how it works for the polygamist. Wives gotta be up before the husband to make his breakfast, prepare his bath, bring in the paper, then get to work to earn a living to support him.

You 'n' me gotta get up early to bring coffee to our wives, make sure they wake up with a smile.

Posted by: League-Source | March 18, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Gtown cuts the cheese. Red Queen said off with their heads!

Posted by: QuietTeeth | March 18, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Anyone making a beer run? I am getting low over here.

Posted by: Curzon417 | March 18, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes the polygamist man awake before his wives."

--anonymous scribbling found in the bathroom of a Utah public restroom.

Posted by: MistaMoe | March 18, 2010 9:49 PM |

Good job dude. In one fell swoop you have

1. Insulted Ben Frank's ghost.
2. Insulted Mormon poesy standards.
3. Bummed out those of us who had the bad luck to read this post.

Posted by: QuietTeeth | March 18, 2010 10:37 PM | Report abuse

having multiple wives is called polygamy, having multiple girlfriends is called straight pimpin.

straight pimpin>polygamy

Posted by: terrapin3 | March 18, 2010 10:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: noseman4681 | March 18, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

Ha! Now that's funny

Posted by: ga8085 | March 18, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zatoichi77 | March 18, 2010 10:57 PM | Report abuse

didnt know there even was an Ohio University? Just Ohio State.
Hoyas thought they only had to show up for a team that was near last in its own conference. This makes the NCAAs fun.
Bye Bye G'Town.

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: KurtShanaman | March 18, 2010 5:51 PM |
=====================
How many times did we hear Joe Gibbs praise the lord?? All the time..
No one seemed to have a problem with that??

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

didnt know there even was an Ohio University? Just Ohio State.
Bye Bye G'Town.

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:07 PM |

OU consistently gets ranked in the top party schools in the country. They have a halloween bash there that is insane. My sister's alma matter is extremely liberal and located in 1 of the 2 poorest counties in Ohio. The location is absolutely beautiful and it is right next to Hocking Hills.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 18, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

How many times did we hear Joe Gibbs praise the lord?? All the time..
No one seemed to have a problem with that??

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

I don't recall Joe Gibbs ever writing it on his face.

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 18, 2010 11:17 PM | Report abuse

please pull the trigger on a JC and 4th pick for #1 overall pick....sexy rexy can man the offense while we groom the boy...so 5 years from now when we have the new Brady/Manning/Brees.... We can listen to ESPN analyst/expert Tim Tebow talk about his talent.

Posted by: shanahananigans | March 18, 2010 11:21 PM | Report abuse

How many times did we hear Joe Gibbs praise the lord?? All the time..
No one seemed to have a problem with that??

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

I don't recall Joe Gibbs ever writing it on his face.

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 18, 2010 11:17 PM |

True. I think Tebow is still a young dude and he'll figure out some balance eventually. People either love or hate someone that is in your face. Look at T.O. Never a positive influence, always loud and obnoxious and people either love or hate him. In the end Tebow is harmless, this is supposed to be a free country, and if you don't like it, turn the station when he comes on. A lot of people on here (especially me) say some crazy sh!t and people don't have to read it. It all comes down to personal choice...and of course you are free to bash away at him or me or God if you want. Ultimately you will be the one to live with your decisions.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | March 18, 2010 11:22 PM | Report abuse

How many times did we hear Joe Gibbs praise the lord?? All the time..
No one seemed to have a problem with that??

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

I don't recall Joe Gibbs ever writing it on his face.

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 18, 2010 11:17 PM
=======================
hey Smack.. I do some work for pro teams (FBall and BBall) and more often than not, in the locker-room you see players that have christian crosses, PTL logos, scripture verses, etc tatoo'd all over their bodies in public spots (necks, ears, arms etc) and some really odd spots..
What Tebow did was nothing compared to those guys.. I dont see the problem with Tebow's religious opinion made public.. Its his body and its a free country...

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse

It would be ironic if he were the 16th pick in the 3rd round, but he was in the John.

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 18, 2010 11:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 18, 2010 11:39 PM |

Way to stick the landing...

Posted by: edvar | March 18, 2010 11:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 18, 2010 11:39 PM
====================
Tebow, 2nd round to JAX.. NFL wants it.

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Tebow, 2nd round to JAX.. NFL wants it.

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:48 PM

Is the NFL going to magically give the Jags a 2nd Rd pick? Jags will pick him @ #10 because he won't be around in the 3rd.

Post script: jags don't have a 2010 2nd rd pick

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 18, 2010 11:39 PM

I laughed. Not bad for cowboy fan.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 19, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse

I pray to the almighty lord who watches down over us and prefers straight couples in state sanctified marriages and the Fox News Network to give Jacksonville the light and his mercy to accept preacher Tim into their welcoming embrace.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | March 19, 2010 12:06 AM | Report abuse

No to Bradford - The Rams pick him first
No to Clausen - The Skins pass him over
Hello to Tony Pike... - A good developmental prospect to be had in the 2nd round...

Draft the OT first, then look for the QB...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 19, 2010 12:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Yeah Clif, I'm not trying to ban the practice. At least a tattoo represents some conviction. Tebow's holy prescription amounts to nothing more than pious tweeting.

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 19, 2010 12:26 AM | Report abuse

Post script: jags don't have a 2010 2nd rd pick

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 18, 2010 11:58 PM
=====================
Not yet, but they will by Draft day.

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 19, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse

Draft the OT first, then look for the QB...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 19, 2010 12:22 AM

Yes to OT if Okung is somehow available.

No to Pike...He is 6'6 210, zero muscle, worst arm in the draft, and has less mobility than Todd Collins.

If they go QB...
Lefevor in the 2nd or
Skelton in the 4th or
Kafka in the 5th.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 19, 2010 12:33 AM | Report abuse

If they go QB...
Lefevor in the 2nd or
Skelton in the 4th or
Kafka in the 5th.

Posted by: Diesel44

I like Jarrett Brown.

Posted by: Lisa_R | March 19, 2010 12:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 18, 2010 11:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 19, 2010 12:26 AM

From what I have read.. he has been fairly consistent about his religious veracity since he entered UFL>
But really who cares? If he can play, he can change religion as much as my wife changes shoes...its a free country.

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 19, 2010 12:36 AM | Report abuse

If they go QB...
LeFevour in the 2nd or
Skelton in the 4th or
Kafka in the 5th.

Posted by: Diesel44

I like Jarrett Brown.

Posted by: Lisa_R | March 19, 2010 12:35 AM

Lots of people do..He's a more athletic Jason Campbell. The problem he has is that WVU doesn't really prepare QBs for the NFL and their system is difficult to project to the next level.

But all he has done is impressed in the Senior Bowl, combine and pro day. He's shown to be mobile, accurate, and have a big arm. I believe he will go in the 3rd.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 19, 2010 12:45 AM | Report abuse

But I think it's a different verse every week. I have nothing against faithing responsibly, but anointing himself The Messenger and taking advantage of his exposure is borderline pathological.

Posted by: SMACK1 | March 19, 2010 12:45 AM | Report abuse

If they go QB...
LeFevour in the 2nd or
Skelton in the 4th or
Kafka in the 5th.

Posted by: Diesel44

I like Jarrett Brown.

Posted by: Lisa_R | March 19, 2010 12:35 AM

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 19, 2010 12:47 AM | Report abuse

F Duke
F Movable Type

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 19, 2010 12:49 AM | Report abuse

thought Snead was a possible 5th rounder but recently read where he is moving up into the top 5 of QBs, in the Draft, including outplaying Pike at the Combine.
Shame.. what a drop.. he was in the conversation of a 1st round pick in 2009. Loss of Oher may of made the difference in his 2009 Ole Miss stats.

Posted by: cliftonbiz | March 19, 2010 12:56 AM | Report abuse

There once was a man who just couldn't cry
He hadn't cried for years and for years
Napalmed babies and the movie love story
For instance could not produce tears
As a child he had cried as all children will

Then at some point his tear ducts ran dry
He grew to be a man, the feces hit the fan
Things got bad, but he couldn't cry
His dog was run over, his wife up and left him
And after that he got sacked from his job
Lost his arm in the war, was laughed at by a wh0re

Ah, but sill not a sniffle or sob
His novel was refused, his movie was panned
And his big Broadway show was a flop
He got sent off to jail; you guessed it, no bail
Oh, but still not a dribble or drop
In jail he was beaten, bullied and buggered
And made to make license plates
Water and bread was all he was fed
But not once did a tear stain his face

Doctors were called in, scientists, too
Theologians were last and practically least
They all agreed sure enough; this was sure no cream puff
But in fact an insensitive beast
He was removed from jail and placed in a place
For the insensitive and the insane
He played lots of chess and made lots of friends

And he wept every time it would rain
Once it rained forty days and it rained forty nights
And he cried and he cried and he cried and he cried
On the forty-first day, he passed away
He just dehydrated and died

Well, he went up to heaven, located his dog
Not only that, but he rejoined his arm
Down below, all the critics, they loot it all back
Cancer robbed the wh0re of her charm
His ex-wife died of stretch marks, his ex-employer went broke
The theologians were finally found out
Right down to the ground, that old jail house burned down
The earth suffered perpetual drought

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 19, 2010 1:12 AM | Report abuse

One more on my side of the Larry Johnson signing

******

Larry Johnson: Why was he signed? Don't the Redskins already have a couple of troublemakers at the RB position?

Tom Boswell: Hey, why not just add Joey Porter to the mix and get a group rate!

It commonly believed that as NFL players get older and see that the end is in sight, they suddenly have these amazing improvements in personality! It's a rare person who can't do pretty much whatever they have to do if self-preservation is at stake. Still, when I saws that they had added Johnson I just smacked my forehead.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 19, 2010 1:37 AM | Report abuse

Diesel44; Must be getting late.

Posted by: msrent | March 19, 2010 1:44 AM | Report abuse

miss rent: never too late for Johnny Cash

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 19, 2010 1:56 AM | Report abuse

Hey, I just found a Black Widow spider next to my house. (Helps put things in perspective)

I got her in an empty Gatorade bottle.

Yeah, and she's playing dead, but I know I didn't kill her, so who's stupid now, spider?

Posted by: Thinker_ | March 19, 2010 2:24 AM | Report abuse

Peace, diesel..Sleep is nice..

Posted by: frak | March 19, 2010 3:30 AM | Report abuse

fruit- I'll sleep when I die.

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 19, 2010 4:39 AM | Report abuse

Hey Diesel, you're up late. I just got up.

I like your thoughts on Jarrett Brown. I'm hoping we can have a shot at him with our 4th rd pick.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 19, 2010 5:03 AM | Report abuse

After working out Bradford and agreeing with St Louis on the specifics for a trade up to the number one spot in the draft, Bruce Allen - in a preemptive maneuver - called the league office to find out if the Redskins could place Bradford on injured reserve today so as to avoid the wait...

Seriously. Bradford is such an injury prone guy and that was in college where the people hitting him were smaller and slower. Campbell took some brutal hits last season and I cannot see Bradford making it through a season taking hits like that. Remember, if the Redskins blow the first round pick on Bradford, that means they will not have an opportunity to get a left tackle until the second round, and a 2nd round left tackle is not such a sure thing to protect your QB's blind side.

Say "no" to Clausen, "no" to Bradford, and draft a left tackle in the first round.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | March 19, 2010 5:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 19, 2010 6:04 AM | Report abuse

One more on my side of the Larry Johnson signing

******

Tom Boswell: Hey, why not just add Joey Porter to the mix and get a group rate!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | March 19, 2010 1:37 AM |

Thats great but since you and the people on your side have no say in the matter, why don't you shut the F up already.

If it doesn't work out you can come back and tell us how right you were.

If it does work out you can come back and say I knew it all along.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 19, 2010 6:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 19, 2010 6:04 AM

What's the matter? Isn't your CAPS LOCK key working this morning? Anyone got JOHN T., SENIOR'S E/M ADDRESS?

Posted by: League-Source | March 19, 2010 6:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source | March 19, 2010 6:17 AM |

Sorry LS but they screwed up my bracket big time.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 19, 2010 6:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 19, 2010 6:04 AM | Report abuse
So Flounder, how do you feel about Georgetown? No angst there, is there?

Posted by: frediefritz | March 19, 2010 6:27 AM | Report abuse

Sorry LS but they screwed up my bracket big time.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 19, 2010 6:26 AM | Report abuse
Yea, I saw your total potential score did fall. But the tournament is really determined with the final 8 team selections. Relax.

Posted by: frediefritz | March 19, 2010 6:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | March 19, 2010 6:30 AM |

Thats true, but now there are a few people that can reach a higher point total then me.

I just don't see how they not only lose to that team, but they get blown out.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 19, 2010 6:35 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for rubbing it in, Flounder...I had G'town going to the Final Four. Needless to say, my bracket is blowed up (thanks, Emmitt).

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 19, 2010 6:47 AM | Report abuse

Sorry LS but they screwed up my bracket big time.

Posted by: Flounder21 | March 19, 2010 6:26 AM

Oh. I had a completely different take -- the opposite. I thought you were dragging the Hoyas' body around the arena. Now I find out that they're dragging yours. Sorry. You deserve better than to be mauled over by that bunch.

Posted by: League-Source | March 19, 2010 7:01 AM | Report abuse

since the skins needing o-line come the Draft here is the problem that i see if Okung is gone by the forth pick which is very possible who is worth picking in that area that can not only step in but start at the same time Bulagais a right tackle at hte next level so is williams as for Bruce Campbell sure he's a huge athlete but is he ready left tackle that you want to spend your 4th pick overall on him that i don't know here i sthe way i see it okung is falling to us unless something shocking happens.
1. bradford
2. suh
3. mccoy
4. okung. that's how i see it.

Posted by: rmnkevorkian | March 19, 2010 7:42 AM | Report abuse

The FO won't have settled on draft picks yet.

As for Sharper, immediate leader / upgrade of the secondary (like London was for the LBs), Landry to SS, he helps bring along the young guys (and maybe help Shanny decide who can be jettisoned) and no draft pick needed this year.

If Bradford and Okung go 1+2 and we can't trade down, should the 'Skins take one of the DTs? Say Suh is available, we take him, stick with the 4-3 for a year (best use of Daniels and Fletcher, less pressure to use picks on the LB corps, give the new NT time to get healthy)and, going forward in 2011/12, switch to a 3-4;

Haynesworth / Kemoeatu / Suh

Best LB / Fletcher / Rocky Mac / Orakpo

Hall / Sharper / Landry / Best CB

Depth; Jarmon, Alexander, Barnes, Blades, Carter (if not traded), Golston, Horton, Doughty, Jackson, Montgomery, Moore, Rogers (if not traded), Tryon, Wilson, whoever else acquired.

That D would be competitive, right?

Posted by: stevebeagrie | March 19, 2010 7:43 AM | Report abuse

Steve, the only way I see Sharper here is if he's taking the same 1 year, $1.7 million deal he got from the Saints last year. And if he's willing to settle for that, he'll probably do so for the Saints...where he can defend a title instead of trying to dig the Skins outta the NFC East basement.

All I care about now is what we do with this draft. I hope and pray we get Okung at #4...

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 19, 2010 7:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26

Yesterday my bracket got debacled thanks to UTEP and Georgetown.

Posted by: RedDMV | March 19, 2010 7:59 AM | Report abuse

Probably, bw26.

But, while I applaud the new approach, a slight overpayment for a high-character, high-performance player, in a position of desperate need (2 years, 4 or 5 million?) would be worthwhile in this instance.

Sharper could be, like Fletcher, an on-field coordinator. The secondary got burned last season and Sharper may be worth another 2 or 3 wins on his own, especially with Landry moved to SS. The Saints game last year stands out immediately.

Plus, if Sharper's leadership doesn't rub off on Landry, he could maybe save the 'Skins big money by helping convince (through results on the field) Shanny to let Landry walk.

Posted by: stevebeagrie | March 19, 2010 8:04 AM | Report abuse

LOL, Red.

Steve, I think you overrate Sharper a bit...not that many players in the league are worth 2-3 wins on their own. Especially when you're talking about a 30-something safety (coming off surgery, btw) with a front seven that has as many question marks as ours does right now.

I'd be willing to throw $4 million at him in an uncapped year, so long as we're not stuck with a huge cap number going into 2011. He certainly brings a lot to the table and I think he'd fit in fine here, I just wouldn't try to sign him until A) we know he's totally healed from surgery and B) his asking price comes down.

Posted by: brownwood26 | March 19, 2010 8:13 AM | Report abuse

All of this QB workout stuff might be a smokescreen .... or it might not.

In Shanny I Trust

Posted by: shanks1 | March 19, 2010 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Bracket busters..

F Georgtown
F Notre Dame

Almost a big F Villanova...although they were down 10 last yr in the first game and made it to the final four.

And as always F Duke, just because..

Posted by: Diesel44 | March 19, 2010 9:12 AM | Report abuse

There is a low probability that Bradford will be available at number 4, but the Redskins need to look long and hard at all QBs and Left Tackles for their 1st pick. It is a good thing they are doing that.

Posted by: edeshields | March 19, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Just another sign that the Skins do not want Campbell... Look there'll have a workout for Clausen to but they want to get a look at ALL these guys because one of them will be available at number 4. Look if Shanahan thought Campbell would be his QB don't you think he would have signed him by now? Campbell is not signed, he was not tendered at the highest level, Shanahan has never come out ant stated he thought Campbell would be his starter (Zorn did his first week), and now he's trying out college QB's.. how many hints do you need??? And with Grossman signed Cambell doesn't even seem to be an option as the backup guy.. Only problem for Skins is finding a team that's even wants Campbell..

Posted by: sovine08 | March 19, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

If there is a God, Bradford will impress the Skins and we can finally say goodbye to that poor excuse of a QB Campbell. Perhaps JC can now realize that he is not wanted.

Posted by: theBozyn1 | March 19, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Let's hope Bradford, Clausen and Tebow go 1-2-3 so the Redskin's can save themselves from themselves and pick OL.

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | March 19, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Alright , I've just come full circle on Clausen. Like anyone with common sense who remembers Gibbs 1, I want Okung or the best available OT. BUT... I just did an hour's web-research on Clausen and watched the highlight tapes. Totally changed my mind.

Definitely looks like a franchise QB. He's Matt Ryan. Physically looks like Sanchez only better. Great leader, great play maker, and, like Ryan, looks very much like he could just step in and play. An more importantly - be the guy you go to war with.

I'm just going to trust the new brain trust. If they pick Clausen I won't complain a bit. If it's Okung - totally fine with that too.

Bradford is going to St. Louis. But Clausen might just be the steal as the second QB taken.

Posted by: bigfoot1 | March 19, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

With the 4th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft (slight pause) the Washington Redskins select (longer dramatic pause) Sam Bradford, QB, University of Oklahoma

Posted by: coparker5 | March 19, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Look how risky taking a QB with one of the top few picks has been over the years.
There will be QB`s taken in later rounds that will be successful in the NFL.
THE SKINS NEED A LEFT O TACKLE..AND AS MANY GOOD O LINEMEN AS THEY CAN GET...IF THEY DRAFT A QB WITH THEIR PICK..WHO IS GONNA KEEP HIM FROM GETTING TRAMPLED?

Posted by: blazerguy234 | March 19, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

QB = cart
O Line = horse

Let's not put the cart before the horse this April.

Posted by: 20yrskinfan | March 19, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | March 18, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

What about think of it this way. If lets say what Tebow believes in is in fact true...and there is a God and there is an eternal life in Heaven with God for those that believe in Him. "What If" our lives on this earth is in fact temporary and there is a better life waiting for us in heaven with God? What if all of this is true, but while you were living on earth, you never heard about this, and thus when you stand before God and he's deciding whether you're going to Heaven or not, He won't let you in because you didn't believe in Him because you never had the OPPORTUNITY to hear about him...

Wouldn't you have wanted someone to tell you? Wouldn't you have appreciated to hear about this from at least someone so you would've at least had the opportunity to hear about God's love and choose to believe in Him?

Posted by: Havemercyplz | March 19, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

The Skins made a mistake with Haynesworth. The Bears made a mistake with Cutler. In the right systems, they're both highly effective playmakers. Lovie (a defensive minded coach) can pair Haynesworth with Peppers - that's his best chance to keep his job. Shanny (an offensive minded coach) can bring in the QB who gives him the best chance to win. This trade benefits both teams immediately. Hell,we could even toss in Campbell. He'd do fine handing off 40 times per game in Chicago. Get to work on it Bruce.

Posted by: coparker5 | March 19, 2010 12:25 PM | Report abuse

"i've followed shanahan for years. if he's bringing bradford in for a visit, it is the surest sign that he is NOT going to draft him."
============

Exactly. ote - he's shown no interest in Clausen, so he's the guy...

Posted by: AlohaFan | March 19, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Havemercyplz

OH PLEEEZE! get real with all this what if stuff. There is no god and people that believe that way are just scared that when they die they have to have something to believe in.
What if there is NO god?

Posted by: KurtShanaman | March 19, 2010 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Please pick Bradford or Clausen so the Skins stink for at leat 3 more years

Posted by: bal503 | March 19, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

It definitely will look different JC. Get used to the bench.

Posted by: mgilbo | March 20, 2010 3:35 AM | Report abuse

Dose campbell know about this?
as soon as he finds out he will put a stop to it like he did schazes .Can anyone tell me if a QB has come back from an shoulder injury like this as a rookie? ever?

Posted by: thomasuras | March 20, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Dose campbell know about this?

Posted by: thomasuras | March 20, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Say it ain't so, Danny. Get the O-line up to par, please.

We don't need another poor season with a scramblin' rookie Bradford. Fix the O-line.

Posted by: jighazelton | March 21, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Say it ain't so, Danny. Get the O-line up to par, please.

Posted by: jighazelton | March 21, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sovine08
-------------------

If Campbell is as bad as you say, then why don't the skins just let him go? Problem solved!

Posted by: postwell1 | March 21, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

Offensive Linemen. Offensive Linemen. The reason the Redskins have been no good for three plus years is a bad offensive line. They don't need more quarterbacks, they need to spend those high round draft choices on the best offensive limemen around!!!!!!!!! No one knows how good Jason Campbell is or Colt Brennan until they are put behind an offensive line.

Posted by: rash67 | March 21, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rash67 | March 21, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rash67 | March 21, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Bring in Tebow with the second round pick and stop dicking around with who is the future QB for the Skins!

Posted by: TKing1 | March 22, 2010 6:34 PM | Report abuse