Samuels Bracing to Play Through Pain

From Jason La Canfora:

Tackle Chris Samuels said he still has a considerable amount of pain in his knee, but is steeling himself to play through it.

Samuels told the athletic trainers that wants to practice despite the condition.

"They don't want to push me or anything like that, they're really good about that," Samuels said. "But I need to practice. I need to get sharper."

Samuels is still laboring and faces a very stiff challenge this week with DeMarcus Ware of Dallas on tap.

Samuels said he will communicate with the trainers through practice and will curtail his activities if need be, but he is bracing to play in pain the rest of the season with a cartilage injury in his right knee. He likely will undergo his third procedure on the knee after the season.

"We've got a good team and we're pushing for the playoffs and I've got to be there for them," Samuels said.

By Cindy Boren  |  November 12, 2008; 12:55 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Campbell Says It's a Must-Win Game for Skins, Too
Next: Afternoon Practice Update

Comments

Good to know big Sam will be in there Sunday night.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 12, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Thongs

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 12, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

samuels better keep Ware off of Campbell. and watching the girls' the last few weeks, both their tackles are inept against speed rushers so i hope j taylor and carter are ready and can strip fumble-prone romo to give us a short field.

Posted by: gregskins | November 12, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

My motivational speach to Skins Fans:
Team first, violent f***ing football, redskins football, f*** Dallas, Pound the rock! HTTR! Make Tony Cry!

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Cindy Cindy,

Looks looks like like you you got got double double loseably loseably typed typed within within that that thread thread!

Posted by: dcsween | November 12, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

(ahem), maybe this post title should include an "(update)" at the end.

Posted by: dcsween | November 12, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

I love that Samuels is taking one for the team but he should be smart about this injury. It could end his season or worse, his career.

We should start handing the ball of to Sellers if Portis is out. That guy is a beast and would def. help and compliment Alexander and Cartwright.

Posted by: skinzophrenic | November 12, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinzophrenic

Agree, beat their line up a bit and get the soft and chewey for old man Alexander to digest easier.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

On third and medium (3-5 yards) situations, they should use shotgun with Sellars as the blocking back. Then hand it off to him on the draw and watch him run over Z. Thomas. They would never expect it.

Posted by: Moose33 | November 12, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

TE:

Yeah, not the best metaphor...but you get what I mean, and that's the point! Now, if they PAID me to write for a living, I may feel accountable for my sloppy use of words and grammar...oops...

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 12, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

This game is about the DEFENSE. they have a good offense, but we've played them tough before. We are pretty healthy on defense. If JT and Springs are back, then we're in the best shape we've been in all year.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 12, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Anyone heard from Guru lately? Or did that hitman I paid finally do his freeking job.
Posted by: alex35332 | November 12, 2008 1:03 PM

He's over on the scout dot com site....calls himself "fredsmootfan". He's satrted at least 2 threads going on about how JC sucks and Colt should be starting.
He get's the same treatment for his lunacy over there too.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 12, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Samuels = leader
Romo = overhyped/turnover prone

Cowboys = FINISHED.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 12, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

He get's the same treatment for his lunacy over there too.

Posted by: dlhaze1

Good. I have no idea what he has against JC

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 12, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Good. I have no idea what he has against JC

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 12, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I think it starts with a "B" and rhymes with stack mortarpack.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 12, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

ESPN's John Clayton reports that Leigh Torrance is the favored choice of Raiders owner Al DAvis to take over as Off Coordinator..."Leigh has a great grasp of the game and what needs to be done to win .Today is a great day for Raider Nation !I can't believe that Washington let him go !! " Davis exclaimed.

Posted by: cej75024 | November 12, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Leigh Torrance = Vernon Dean

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 12, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

I hit the wrong button on Loseable Type. Doh.

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 12, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Leigh Torrance = Vernon Dean
Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 12, 2008 1:31 PM
We would have only been so lucky......Dean was a starter for the 82 SB champs, and was a solid contributor on the 83 and 87 teams as well. Don't knock a guy with 2 rings.....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 12, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

If he retires after this year, Torrance will be in the same HOF class as Junior Seau and other 1st class defenders of his time.

Current HOF'er Ronnie Lott read from a statement "Torrance redefined the position of CB"

Posted by: cej75024 | November 12, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I have to agree with you on that one E.

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 12, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 12, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Matchups....

Hall --- T.O.
Rogers --- Williams
Combo of Horton/Fletcher -- Witten

Who takes Barber and/or JOnes out of the backfield?

for us....

Newman -- Moss
Jenkins -- Randel El
A Henry ( He has been playing against good TE's this year)

Posted by: cej75024 | November 12, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Springs covers TO.

Posted by: _Stumped_1 | November 12, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Don't knock a guy with 2 rings.....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 12, 2008 1:35 PM

I'll knock 'em... right on their azz.

There are so many guys and differents sports who have rings because they were in the right place at the right time.

First person(s) that comes to mind is: Anyone other than Michael Jordan or Scottie Pippen that played on the 90s Bulls teams, or anyone lucky enough to play with Montana and the 9ers in the 80s.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

In Soviet Russia, market plays you!

Leigh Torrance = stock market
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 12, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

or anyone lucky enough to play with Montana and the 9ers in the 80s.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

The same applies to Leigh Torrance...those that are lucky enough to play with him can sit back and collect the hardware !

Posted by: cej75024 | November 12, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Good. I have no idea what he has against JC

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 12, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I think it starts with a "B" and rhymes with stack mortarpack.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 12, 2008 1:28 PM

sportsguru = Lindsay Lohan

Posted by: 4-12 | November 12, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

sorry last Torrance reference...prommise...I think

Posted by: cej75024 | November 12, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Check THIS Shti out!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 12, 2008 1:39 PM

It's cool that there are Skins fans on there.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 12, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

heh.

Vernon Dean was awful. I'm sure part of the many MANY times he was beat was due to Green being on the other side, so he saw a lot of balls go his way....but he was bad.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 12, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Springs covers TO.

Posted by: _Stumped_1 | November 12, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

What happens when Springs tweaks his calf. What is the over/under on when he is on the sidelines and we hear Al Michaels say..."Let's go down to Andrea Kramer for a report on Shawn Springs...ANdrea?

O/U ... 5:20 2nd qtr..takers?

Posted by: cej75024 | November 12, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that there aren't any "match ups" anymore in todays NFL.

Too much zone being played these days. There aren't any "shutdown" corners anymore either. I hate to still hear that expression. It's like they haven't watched a NFL game since the late 80s.

Yeah you seen TO lined up across from Springs probably about 85% of the time they last played. But that was more of Dallas' stubborness, than it being just the way it is. If they were smarter, they would've had TO all over the field.

I swear if I had a playmaker like Moss, TO, or Westbrook on my team, I'd line 'em up any and every where the rules allowed me to.

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | November 12, 2008 1:43 PM

Agreed, but Vernon Dean was a starter for some of his career, and was a great contributor on those teams when he wasn't starting. Pretty sure he showed up EVERY Sunday too.....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 12, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 12, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

I know Lisa is going to be upset with me about this. cej75024 I have to agree with you. lol

JM220

Posted by: icetotalpackage | November 12, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by JDL MEMPHIS @ 11:08 AM Wed, Nov 12, 2008

I don't think so Kevin. Fred Smoot may have the biggest mouth in the NFL and I for one can't wait for Roy W or TO to tear him up!!!

Boys 34
Foreskins 17
report as objectionable
===========================================

1) Objectionable
2) Redskins-Americans 27, Cowgirls 0
3) Key to victory: Our OL brings their maps, and such as.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 12, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

RedDMV, you're really stretching it with the irrelivant arguments today. First Lavar, now Vernon Dean?

Seriously, Vernon Dean? Hating Vernon Dean is like hating the Dutch or Buicks.

Posted by: Original_etrod | November 12, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Skins shoulda scoped Samuels knee after the Pitt game, shelved him for the next two, then had him ready to go for the stretch run.

Posted by: SirAnonymoustheGreat | November 12, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

I sure hated him when he left everyone open in a 48-47 loss to Green Bay on Monday night in '83.

You score 47 and lose, you don't forget that....

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 12, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Check THIS Shti out!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by: DikShuttle | November 12, 2008 1:39 PM

-------------------------------------------

That, is too funny! I'll be laughing for the rest of the day!

Posted by: HighPlainsDrifter | November 12, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

icetotalpackage, you want to see Samuels in thongs?? Man, I always enjoyed your posts but this is a bit much....

HAIL BABY!! Man I wish it were Friday or Sunday night........

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 12, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse