Roger Goodell does not address Santana Moss situation

It's too early apparently for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to comment on Santana Moss's reported connection to Anthony Galea, the Canadian doctor charged last week with smuggling and distributing human growth hormone.

During a news conference Tuesday in Dallas, where NFL owners were meeting, Goodell was asked specifically about Moss but did not address the Redskins wide receiver in his response.

"We are very anxious to see all of the details and pursue it aggressively," Goodell said of the Galea case.

Moss himself will have an opportunity Wednesday to address his relationship with Galea. Players are at Redskins Park for the final practice session of the team's second set of OTAs (organized team activities). Moss, recovering from offseason arthroscopic knee surgery, has been participating in the practices this week.

Wednesday's practice is the only one of the three this week open to the media, and no doubt reporters will be curious to hear from Moss afterward.

Wednesday is the first time since news surfaced last week that Moss had received treatments from Galea that Moss will be near media. Speaking to The Post's Barry Svrluga the day before the news became public last week, Moss did not address the topic but did seem to indicate a willingness to discuss the topic at a later date.

"Until they say it has something to do with me, then we can talk about it," he said last week.

We'll learn later Wednesday if, in fact, he intends to discuss the matter at all.

By Rick Maese  |  May 26, 2010; 9:15 AM ET
Categories:  Santana Moss
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Is Brian Westbrook still in play for Redskins?
Next: A Super Bowl for Washington? Why? Why not?

Comments

first to say ah is baby sitting or ducking child support

Posted by: robertg238 | May 26, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

first to say ah is baby sitting or ducking child support

Posted by: robertg238 | May 26, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

First. . .maybe?

Posted by: mjames1 | May 26, 2010 9:31 AM | Report abuse

"Roger Goodell does not address Santana Moss situation."

Hmmm.

I get the distinct feeling that RI's penchant for AH non-updates laid the foundation for a new string of posts that we are likely to see alot of: Moss/HGH non-updates.

Maybe there could be some kind of new research into the phenomenon of "using lack of updates as news" in the field of journalism - RI is definitely the tip of the spear.

Posted by: p1funk | May 26, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

We need to stop getting players from the U. I love me some Sean Taylor and he will be my favorite Redskin for a long time, but seriously? Rocky, Clinton and Santana are babies. Haven't heard much about Phillip Buchanon but I've had about enough.

Posted by: Dorf | May 26, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I am starting to think that Moss will not be disciplined this year. I imagine the court case will continue for awhile and the NFL will not want to do something that could possibly conflict with the investigation or the case.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | May 26, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I say give some of that sh** to Malcolm and Devin.

Posted by: iubiquity | May 26, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorf | May 26, 2010 9:38 AM

You may be right. If nothing else, the U guys in the NFL are so tight with each other that the risk of another one being involved with banned substances is worrying.

It's not like the 'Skins have several U guys that have have come back from serious injuries, or that B'More have a U guy that seemed to be on the decline, then started playing REALLY well.

err.. never mind...

Posted by: stevebeagrie | May 26, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorf | May 26, 2010 9:38 AM

err.. never mind...

Posted by: stevebeagrie | May 26, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Dorf | May 26, 2010 9:38 AM
-----------------------------------------
I agree with you. Someone on here a few days ago was speculating that Portis will turn out to be the other HGH offender on the Redskins roster. I could believe that. There was a certain attitude cultivated at the "U" that it was okay to win at all costs. That works great when you are in the four walls of a training room, but turning these kids loose on the world with that attitude was a bad thing. Who wants to speculate that of all the players that are ultimately linked to HGH, the "U" will be the most represented?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | May 26, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Let's wait for all of the facts people. We don't know if he ever got the injections of HGH before this. Maybe this was going to be his first time and it never materialized because the nurse was arrested at the border. I assume he could be suspended for setting up the meeting to get the injections but he will deny that's what he was meeting the doctor to have done. Just the facts, Moss, just the facts.

Posted by: rburrill | May 26, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | May 26, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I floated the possibility that Moss could play suspension free for the next 2 seasons.

Assuming the investigation wears on through this season, the NFL might not even act to hand down a suspension until next season. He could appeal it, and the appeal could wear on through the subsequent season (a-la Brian Cushing).

He plays in 2010-11, appeals during 2011-12, and then has to serve the suspension.

He could just retire at that point

Posted by: p1funk | May 26, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

err.. never mind...

Posted by: stevebeagrie | May 26, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Apparently, Galea treated 11 athletes in Cleveland (the most per city).

Remember how Kellen Winslow Jr had all those injury issues early on?

And then he came out one season and started playing really well and was basically their best offensive player?

And then the Browns up and traded him to Tampa Bay?

...maybe they knew something...

Posted by: p1funk | May 26, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

brownwood26

"You should look into writing a book, my friend."

Thanks for the compliment, bro'.

I got a lot of what I like to call 'dirty, dirty skills' that I share with young'ns as the onset of 50 has slowed me down a great deal.

The last lesson about dealing with girls in the exotic entertainment industry is that the able playa must not fall in love with someone whose job is pretend love.

There are these sad cats that abuse their bank accounts trying to win the heart of a stripper who's playing him like a guitar, and they're Jimi Hendrix.

I used to go into a club with just enough money for a dance and two drinks.

Never get drunk in a strip club.

Don't tip a chick unless you want to establish a relationship. Otherwise, you're wasting money.

I'd tell them what was up if they wanted to get paid, as the dancing thing isn't as satisfying as the hotel action thing.

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 26, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 26, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Errr, ummm...thanks for the tip and the heads up, Moe.

Don't be offended, though, if I don't send my son to you for some life lessons.

Kind of reminds me of that SNL skit with Peyton Manning and the Big Brother program.

"Please, spend time with your children...otherwise MistaMoe might."

Posted by: p1funk | May 26, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

LOL @p1funk

And yeah, I know not to throw stones too early, but there is something to be said about the Redskins making a push for some credibility as a franchise and negative press (ie- Alberto, Moss) is not helping the team move to the next level. HGH or not, its just more bad press. Shanny and Allen aren't here for that.

Posted by: Dorf | May 26, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

p1funk

"Please, spend time with your children...otherwise MistaMoe might."

Actually, there are a variety of young men who've spent time with me who are presently Div 1 athletes.

One of the nation's best young 400m runners is someone I coached--in running, not pathetic adult behavior.

There's more to me than what you think.

And with that, I'm done for the day.

HTTR

Posted by: MistaMoe | May 26, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

I can't see fieldturf as being a carcinogenic concern for the players. They have very limited exposure (three hours every week for on average of 9 weeks per year), it is in solid form, and is washed off when the player showers. The real concern would be if it got into the water supply or if it was used for practice facilities. Then it could involve near-daily exposure for 8 months or so out of the year, and therefore be more concerning/troublesome.

Posted by: JesusFreakKaren | May 25, 2010 3:56 PM

They are now putting this field in High School fields and municipal fields where little kids play and older kids practice football ALL THE TIME.....

What about the kids?

No one cares anymoore...for the most part..

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 26, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk

Wish I could watch that clip right now. That was some funny ish.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 26, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

Strip clubs suck. Going to a bar and hunting for chicks you can actually take home and bag is much more fun.

Everybody has that 1 friend who has no game, and insists on going to the strip club on a regular basis.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

""What about the children?! Won't somebody please think of the children!?"

Posted by: RedDMV | May 26, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk

Wish I could watch that clip right now. That was some funny ish.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 26, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

(Peyton Manning sitting on a bench with a half-dozen children gathered around his feet)

"I'll kill a snitch. Now, I'm not saying I have...I'm not saying I haven't. Understand? Naah. Y'all don't know *beep*".

Posted by: p1funk | May 26, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Red, ask and ye shall receive:

Sound quality sucks, but it's all that's on YouTube.

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 26, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas

Co-sign and stamp. Especially that last part. Their argument is always that they rather go to the strip club and know for sure they're going to see some T&A rather than possibly seeing some if they were to go to a club/bar.

To me it's funny... like you really have a chance a baggin' a stripper. Ol' T-Pain bamas, for real.

Posted by: RedDMV | May 26, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

My brother's specialty was being able to pull strippers from the strip club without paying. Now that's game.

Posted by: ga8085 | May 26, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Naked Beggars: Trying to make a dollar any way they can.

skinsfanintampa: Trying to save a dollar...

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | May 26, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

sfit, Lester is the real deal....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 26, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 26, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Classic... "I'll kill a snitch"

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | May 26, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

sfit, Lester is the real deal....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 26, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

He looked good last night, but I think what you meant to say was Lester + Ump. strike zone = real deal.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | May 26, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | May 26, 2010 10:34 AM

Dude, I LOL every time when he pegs that kid in the feet with the football and trips him. High comedy...

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 26, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

I didn't see the game, took the kids to the beach, was the ump generous, is that what you're saying...haha....

friggin water at the beach was FREEZING....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 26, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Haynesworth faces paternity suit

Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is being sued by a pregnant woman who claims that he is the father of her unborn baby and that he is refusing to support her financially.

The New York Post reports that Silvia Mena, described as a "Brooklyn exotic dancer," is nearly four months pregnant and claims in papers to be filed in Brooklyn Supreme Court that Haynesworth has refused to have any contact with her after learning she was pregnant in February.

"Haynesworth has abandoned the pregnant Silvia Mena," the court papers say. "He has refused to provide any emotional or financial support of Silvia Mena or his unborn child."

Her lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, told the Post, "This man is worth millions. She has had to apply for Medicaid to take care of her pregnancy

Posted by: suliman215 | May 26, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Anybody else notice that Jreid only comments on stuff that is negative and never a real update

Posted by: GreatOne1 | May 26, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 10:13 AM

Well...as a married man, I can tell you I'd rather go to the strip club than a club or go-go. The go-go will get me in trouble because after my 3rd/4th drink, I never remember the rest of the night and have 2-3 new phone numbers in my cell magically.

@ a strip club, I do a lot of conversing with the strippers/lap dancers w/o giving up a lot of ducketts (thats dollars for those who don't know).

We talk about each other's kids and how their doing. Life. I tell them about my tax business and how they can get back lots of money doing their taxes through me. And then BAM, got a new tax client for life. She then tells her stripper friends. And before you know it, I got like 10 strippers whose taxes I am doing.

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 26, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26

Indeed!

Tells the kid to "Get open!", the pass hit him in the back then tells him "Get your head out of your ASS!! You SUCK!!"

Funny as hell..

Posted by: RedDMV | May 26, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

friggin water at the beach was FREEZING....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 26, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

He was calling strikes for Lester that were 8 inches off the plate. Madden and Crawford got thrown out of the game... There is a reason the Rays only had 1 hit and Lester had 9 SO's.

Sorry to hear about the cold water, but on the bright side, at least you weren't swimming in tar balls.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | May 26, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

I'd like to know how that Austin kid is doing in the return game.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Yeah Red, and then sends him to "time out" in the port-o-potty. Hilarious.

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 26, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ga8085 | May 26, 2010 10:26 AM

I don't believe you unless (1) this was in some backwater and his trailer had indoor plumbing or (2) you could smell the strip club from a mile away.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 26, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 26, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Once I have my first Jagerbomb I know the night is taking a turn for the worst. My G/F gives me the evil eye when she sees me taking one.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

sfit, I heard those guys got run, didn't know why....

Yeah, the ocean water up here doensn't warm up until august, or thereabouts...and by warm up, I'm talking from the 50's to the 60 degree range....good for lobsters, bad for swimming.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 26, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

sfit, I heard those guys got run, didn't know why....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 26, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Wrightsviile Beach in NC is where it's at. Nice waves, beautiful women, good bars. Best part is that it's not a haven for rednecks like Myrtle Beach.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 26, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Well sir, I can assure you that this happened in Atlanta and the clubs were legit, he's dated atleast 3 that I've seen personally. And they were cute too. Some dudes just got it like that.

Posted by: ga8085 | May 26, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ga8085 | May 26, 2010 10:26 AM

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 26, 2010 10:59 AM

Though ga is a hater mostly, I can concur with this type of encounter. I learned this trick from my barber. We (use to) go to a certain joint that was mainly a lapdance club (PG County has atleast 10 of these with BYOB label) and sit around, and we would always get a few who were 'intrigued' by us not be pressed to get at them and they would eventually sit down and we would rap to them.

And that's how I kind of got to my above story were I started to get them as clients, I just wasn't trying to book them after I got married like I was doing before.......

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 26, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Joe Gibbs on ESPN First Take...says Snyder made the right call by getting Shanny, that "Philly's gonna be holding their breath" because of the McNabb trade, and kinda dodged the question of whether it's tougher to play QB in Washington or Philly.

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 26, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

sfit, I heard those guys got run, didn't know why....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 26, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Gotta take the good with the bad..I remember the days of swimming in 60 degree water, but after moving to FL., unless the pool is 80+, I can't bring myself to get in.

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | May 26, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

You go to UNCW?

I know that's around there from when I was looking at schools.

And agree on the Myrtle Beach part too.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | May 26, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

@ ga8085 When you say "got it like that," you mean money?

@ 4th Yeah but did you hook up with them w/o coming out of pocket? I also know guys who "dated" strippers too. It's a business relationship on both their parts.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 26, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

80+, you bring soap in with you??

Thats bathwater....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 26, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Discussing write-offs with potential clients while titties and ass are jiggling in your face?

"Okay, so you said that you bought the leotard, stilettos, and thongs with your own money? [Yeah, girl drop that brown round like that!] And you also said that you used your money to buy books for your ethics class at UDC? [Awww Dizzam, yung!!! Make it clap! Clap it like that!] Well you can use those as write-offs. Here's my card call me when you're ready to fill out your 1040.... [O-huuu, SH*T! YEAH, YEAH... spread those f-ing cheeks!!!]

Posted by: RedDMV | May 26, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

LOL Red...then he puts the pen in her vag and makes her sign her W2 with it.

"Girl, you ain't keepin' that pen...I NEED that pen..."

Posted by: brownwood26 | May 26, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

speaking of strippers - apparently Albert Haynesworth had incorporated impregnating money-grabbing strippers into his offseason workout.

I sure hope it helps him get in shape for the season. Should do a bit to help his motivation to earn more money at least.

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 26, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

80+, you bring soap in with you??

Thats bathwater....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | May 26, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

HA! What can I say, guess its a Fl. thing!

Posted by: skinsfanintampa | May 26, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

You go to UNCW?

I know that's around there from when I was looking at schools.

And agree on the Myrtle Beach part too.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | May 26, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

No I go to NCCU, my grandfather owned a house down there for years; and I still go down there alot. My cousin went to UNCW and the girls on campus are off the hook.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

lmao @ brownwood

4th, you gotta school ya boy... just don't sniff that pen when you're done, homie!

Posted by: RedDMV | May 26, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | May 26, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I would sniff it, just can't help it.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

My barber was more hard core than me - He dropped nada. never.

Me, I'll drop a spot here and there for their time we were talking. But the dating outside the club part was just like any regular booty call type dating you would do with a female, generally speaking. No $$ exchanged specifically. But now? I don't do any of that, but will still drop off a $10 spot for them talking during the time they could be making more than that. but I keep it all in the club now. And make sure I hit their heads during tax season with my fees......

But if I went to High School with you, as I have run into them multiple times in the past, you ain't getting nada from me....

Posted by: 4thFloor | May 26, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

And why has J Reid not reported this?

Haynesworth is looking like a real piece of work so far.

HOW can he be our best defensive player?!

It's really unjust. How should somebody like Phillip Daniels feel? Playing injured, always doing what he's asked, team guy, good attitude...

Gets you semi-adequate skills, lame contract, and a "thanks a lot."

Meanwhile, Haynesworth does ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING wrong, is unblockable, gets the record-setting contract, stays home, and uses the money to woo strippers, impregnate them, and leave them high and dry (and growing.)

What a world.

Posted by: Thinker_ | May 26, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

@ ga8085 When you say "got it like that," you mean money?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | May 26, 2010 11:18 AM |

No, I mean he got the gift of gab. By the way, he's a car salesman now, lol.

4th Floor: I don't hate, I regulate, lol.

Posted by: ga8085 | May 26, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

My cousin went to UNCW and the girls on campus are off the hook.

Posted by: iH8dallas | May 26, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

True. Of all the colleges I've spent time at visiting people, easily top 3.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | May 26, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

True. Of all the colleges I've spent time at visiting people, easily top 3.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | May 26, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse