Posted at 7:52 PM ET, 12/26/2010

Santana Moss tops 1,000-yard mark

By Rick Maese

With yet another strong outing, Redskins receiver Santana Moss has now topped the 1,000-yard mark for the fourth time in his 10-year career.

Moss finished Sunday's win at Jacksonville with 85 yards on five receptions. It's the ninth time this season Moss has had at least 70 yards.

"I'm glad to get some of the things I have gotten, so I can just feel good about it," Moss said. "As long as I go out there and put good work in every year and do the best I can to help my team, I'm satisfied."

Working primarily out of the slot, Moss was a favorite target for Donovan McNabb and has been a reliable option for Rex Grossman the past two weeks, as well. Moss enters next week's game against the New York Giants already with 84 catches on the season, which marks his career high. He'd previously posted 84 receptions in 2005, his first season in Washington.

"Accomplishing 84 catches and 1,000 yards again is something that every receiver wants to reach when he steps out onto the field," Moss said.

By Rick Maese  | December 26, 2010; 7:52 PM ET
Categories:  Santana Moss
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Carlos Rogers hopes sore calf won't keep him out of season finale
Next: Rex Grossman less impressive in second start, but gets the job done

Comments

Rex is coming back next year and knows Kyle's playbook.. So why not play Beck at QB and the rest of the 2nd and 3rd string to see what they can do and if they should be retained for next year. Think of it as an opportunity to get a head start on personnel evaluation when your competition, still in contention, cannot.

Shut down the 1st string for at least this last game.. Why risk injuries in meaningless games.

Posted by: reader51 | December 26, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

If the Skins are going to become a consistent playoff contender they are going to need to get a good young QB. And that will more than likely have to happen through the draft.

I can only think of two situations where a very good young QB moved to a new team. Brees and that was because he struggled early on and they drafted Rivers. He blew up in the final season of his contract but destroyed his shoulder the last game of the year. There was a lot questions concerning his ability to recover.
The other was Cutler and the Bears gave up a ton to get him. I don't remember a QB of his caliber and his age getting traded.

Another example was Schaub but he was no sure thing when Atlanta traded him.

There is nothing worse than having revolving door of washed up veterans, mediocre qbs and career backups.

Posted by: srobert1117 | December 26, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

McNabb wants to be released at the end of the season. Not a surprise!!!

Redskins (North Korea) vs. McNabb, etal (South Korea). Yes the Redskins and their dictator coach Shanahan are the bad guys in this one.

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | December 26, 2010 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Another example was Schaub but he was no sure thing when Atlanta traded him.

Posted by: srobert1117 | December 26, 2010 8:04 PM |

Cassell too but I think he was expensive.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 26, 2010 8:23 PM | Report abuse

McNabb wants to be released at the end of the season. Not a surprise!!!

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | December 26, 2010 8:22 PM |

Only if you're a blithering retard.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 26, 2010 8:29 PM | Report abuse

McNabb wants to be released at the end of the season. Not a surprise!!!

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | December 26, 2010 8:22 PM |

If you mean coach that has rules and there the same for everyone then I'll take dictator over the crap we have had here for the last 10 years any day.

Posted by: Flounder21 | December 26, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

I don't know what's crazier, that they cancelled an NFL game for a half inch of snow or that Little Caesar's can still afford to sponsor a bowl game.

Go FIU!

Posted by: SMACK1 | December 26, 2010 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Flounder21 please elaborate on your statement "if coach has rules...and they are the same for everyone, ect...... How does this apply to the way they have treated McNabb and why I am not surprised that he wants to be released. I am looking forward to your response.

Seriously do you think the Redskins have acted professionally in the way they have dealt with McNabb?

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | December 26, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Heh, heh, yeah, scamp, you don't ever take it to the gutter/personal/internet tough guy/ugly without being personally attacked first.

(I'll admit, that Korea idea is pretty dumb.)

Posted by: stevie_in_gp | December 26, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse

"Blithering retard' such a sophisticated response.. Hey Steve-in-gp that sound that just went by you was my point and you didn't get it either.

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | December 26, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Enlighten me, chip. I want to see you flesh this out.

Did you just learn about the '53 armistice in World History class before the winter break started last week?

Posted by: stevie_in_gp | December 26, 2010 9:17 PM | Report abuse

Did I just learn about the 53'armitice, (DMZ)spare me. I'm 16 Years out of professional school and I have an advanced masters degree! Did you read the link associated with my post.

You have two countries that are sparing in in a pointless war. Skins vs. McNabb two factions are bickering like children. If I were to chose a side, the Skins are the culprit here and McNabb is the victim. My model is not perfect, and since I am not writing a PhD dissertaion on the topic it works for me.

When I read posts here and I come across a post that I do not agree with I will show show more discretion with my displeasure. I will not resort to mean spirited or unprofessional behavior and personal attacks.

I believe that a blog is place where people can express their opinions and not be heckeled. Let me be very clear GP I have tough skin and I will vigorously defend myself and my remarks so dont get this thing twisted. If you and flounder want to double team me bring it!!!

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | December 26, 2010 9:48 PM | Report abuse

Pretty sure it's triple team you, chip: me, Flound, and scamp.

What's an advanced masters degree? There are advanced degrees and masters degrees are a subset . . . but I digress.

Not looking to shut down discourse, bud. I agree with you to a point: I think McNabb has been less-than-professionally treated, I don't tend to like Shanahan's martinet act, but I also don't think that his form of leadership is the worst way to go with this team right now.

As for the N./S. Korea thing, people sparring and whatsuch, just doesn't work for me. Glad it does for you. But you say an idea whistled past me when I happen to mention that your idea is dumb, well, I guess we'll be the ones sparring.

Posted by: stevie_in_gp | December 26, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

GP:
The NK/SK thing does not work for me either it is senseless. Conflict is in most cases senseless, unless provoked!!

Interesting enough my dad was wounded in the Korean conflict so this is perhaps how I got on this topic. I retract the Redskins/ NK because it is not an appropriate comparison and the statement was made mainly out of emotion than logic.

You said: But you say an idea whistled past me when I happen to mention that your idea is dumb, well, I guess we'll be the ones sparring.

I have no beef with you infact, I wish you, scampi and flounder peace and Happy Holidays!!

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | December 26, 2010 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, chip, same to you.

(We get heated up here, but for most of us it's in good fun. What I call "Ready Room Rules.")

Posted by: stevie_in_gp | December 26, 2010 10:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 70chiponwhite
-------------------
Seriously? Acted professionally????
They're seeing if the other resource can play.
Anyhow who cares, they treated him professionally with millions. Keep him around for draft day and part ways then by trade, professionally, or should I say the way business does business.

Posted by: outsourced_in_va | December 26, 2010 11:51 PM | Report abuse

Exactly where and when did McNabb requested release?

Posted by: abxinc | December 27, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 70chiponwhite
-------------------

Has McNabb acted professionally by saying all the stuff through his agent? If he has not fired his agent yet, it only means he said all that stuff. Secondly, this is not Washington McNaabSkins. He has played poorly and it is evident by Grossman's play who seem to have a better grasp on offense. McNaab just does not want to admit that he is on downhill. Haven't we seen this picture before in NFL?

Posted by: DesiHungama | December 27, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse