Scott's New Orleans Links

Hello again. Just wanted to post a brief message from Scott. They have some links up where you can view video of their trip to rebuild New Orleans, and check out the Skins game as well.

I'll let Scott take over from here:

Hey Everyone,
I finally got the video montage of the trip up on You Tube (For those of my friends who saw it already, this is just an FYI).
The montage is 20 minutes so I had to break it down into two parts.
I tried to capture 5 different aspects of the trip:
1) The Devastation
2) The Building
3) The Gutting
4) The Methodist Home/Food Bank
5) The Partying/Skins Game.
Here are the links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXh_iBm_NiQ (Part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVpZII1igr8 (Part 2)
I hope you all enjoy it and pass it on to your friends so they can see what a great time we had and how much help NoLa needs - maybe it'll convince them to go down and help.
Best,
Scott

By Jason La Canfora  |  January 24, 2007; 3:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Let's Keep The Faith For Coach Joe
Next: Another Guest Blog

Comments

Did we ever get a who's who for the video/pictures? I'd love to join y'all again in June, but I'll be in classes for my Masters. Let me know if the travel date is moved to Julyish.

Hail.

Posted by: Dorf | January 24, 2007 3:47 PM | Report abuse

So what do you think happens to Jack this year? I think he Becomes the President at the end of this year.

Posted by: 24 Fan | January 24, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

No way that would suck if he was the President. I think he's labeled a traitor and hunted.

Posted by: DaTruef | January 24, 2007 3:55 PM | Report abuse

jm220 & Scott (does Scott visit the blog), I may be able to help in June.

Posted by: Lisa | January 24, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

jm220

I'm sorry for the slow response to your NO availability query. I think (I'm a pretty lousy advance planner) I'm free most any week in June, but would it help others to move the trip to the week of July 4 to reduce the amount of vacation many people would need to take to come with us?

BTW (for informational/planning purposes only), how many days is the work part of the trip? Is this just a long weekend, or is this a full week commitment?

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFan | January 24, 2007 4:03 PM | Report abuse

And on a wholly unrelated but very heartwarming note, here's a link to a post story showing that often, it is the least fortunate people who go the farthest out of their way to help someone

It's not quite as dramatic as the guy in NY who jumped onto the tracks to save a fellow passenger (truly an amazing act of kindness and bravery), but it made me smile a lot today.

Your bleeding heart blogging liberal,

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFan | January 24, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

FYI, July 4 is a Wednesday this year. So that may not help too much with the planning. Good thinking, though, Adam.

I think the December trip was Wednesday through Sunday, with volunteer work on most days and then the game on Sunday?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | January 24, 2007 5:02 PM | Report abuse

Jason, thanks for posting Scott's video from NOLA. I'll be checking it out at home, too much video for the office, unfortunately.

The blog has been weird today, with all of us spread across three different threads.

Can't wait to see the new NHL unis after they're unveiled in tonight's all-star game. Well, actually, I CAN wait to see them, but what I'm looking forward to is the outrage from the NHL purists. All 12 of them.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | January 24, 2007 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Hey all. After a month the pictures still bring tears to my eyes.Once again great job little brother in putting this together. I will try to link a couple of video clips this weekend.

Lisa, Scott does visit the blog but doesn't post much.

EaglesFan no problem in the slow response bra. The holmes are built Monday - Friday.

I will be trying to get something together for JLC to post within the next week. There is no real set dates as of right now. Sfskinfan/ Eaglefan said the best time for them was late June. I spoke with little brother (Scott) and he said June work for him as well. If we can get a bigger group in July it works for me.

Posted by: jm220 | January 24, 2007 6:44 PM | Report abuse

The video was excellent! Thanks for the posting J-La and Scott.

Watching it motivates me to do everything I can to get there if/when group goes in the summer.

Hey think of how many horses we can beat to death as we build a house. By then all the off season moves will have happened, mini-camp and training camp will be looming. My lordy we'll have DAYS of material.

Posted by: sfskin | January 24, 2007 8:24 PM | Report abuse

Thanks so much for the video links, JLC and Scott - fabulous!

Posted by: Lisa | January 25, 2007 7:24 AM | Report abuse