Sean Taylor Auction Announced

An auction of some of Sean Taylor's possessions will take place at 5 p.m. Sept. 5 at Brooks Auction Transfer in Bealton, Va.

I realize that this will be sad and perhaps even upsetting to some, but please note that proceeds will go to the trust fund for Taylor's daughter, so this is actually very important.

Among the items for sale: a seven-piece bedroom suite, brown leather recliner, king size brown leather sleigh bed, full size iron bed, a wicker and rattan glass-top table and four chairs, four leather and chrome barstools, burgundy sofa, gold sofa, black panther glass top table, GE refrigerator freezer, two three-shelf glass TV stands, an oak coffee table, a set of Redskin/Dallas pool balls, Dell computer, Nordstrom teapot, Tommy Hilfiger cufflinks, Toro lawnmower, saltwater fishing poles and reels, spear gun and cue stick.

By Cindy Boren  |  August 27, 2008; 12:11 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kelly Ready to "See How It Works"
Next: The Case of the Purloined Tomahawk

Comments

(...filled anew with melancholy...)

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Uhhg

Posted by: Skinz | August 27, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

still miss u Sean. oh what could have been...

Posted by: el freako | August 27, 2008 12:43 PM | Report abuse

R.I.P. Meast

#21 always in our hearts

Posted by: jonthefisherman | August 27, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Wow, if that doesn't just make this thing so much more real...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 27, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

RIP Reaper.

Posted by: jm220 | August 27, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

blah... we miss you man!

RIP Sean Taylor!

Posted by: redskin804 | August 27, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Ugh, what a loss. I still get all choked up.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 27, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Makes me want to go beat five punks over the head with jm220's hammer.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it.

Posted by: M. Wilbon | August 27, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: M. Wilbon | August 27, 2008 12:56 PM

To us og barno's words, SHUT IT!!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

This sorta does finalize what happened. RIP #21. I hope his kid can get tons of $$ from this and invest it properly so it can last.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Trying to change the subject...

At least we got sleepy davis then crybaby martellus bennett

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

i'm sorry but this sucks. no, not the proceeds from this going to his daughter's trust fund but the need to do this. indicating that the trust fund still needs funds. sucksaroot!

Posted by: dealer | August 27, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Can you imagine what ST and LL could have done in the secondary over the next 10 years? Could have been the best safety tandem of all time. So sad.

Posted by: | August 27, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Reading the list I wasn't really interested

but

and I hope this doesn't come off cruel cause I'm still not over the tragedy, but I think it would be incredible to own those cuff links. I'm sure they have a way to bid without being there, I might serously look into that...

RIP

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I know the money is going to his daughter, but it still seems insensitive and exploitive.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

The crybaby may be after Witten's job, but think about it. If Witten isn't confident enough in his abilities to help mentor a rookie he needs some serious coaching, or more likely to lose his job to the rookie as punishment. That would be a beautiful sight.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 12:52 PM

If memory serves, Favre had this attitude with Rogers when he was a rookie.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Say what u want the man had some taste. Skins vs Cowpie pool balls, sweet all i would need would be a table. Never know when u need a spear gun.

Best wishes to his daughter.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Still the best nickname that never got to be used. Skins safties AREA 51 21 & 30. Sean was the best I used to watch that guy smash my college team down every year. Coming out everyone knew what he would be and when we drafted him ive never been as happy to get a player. he could do it all, out jumped Randy, out played TO physically(repeatedely) dropped any opposing rusher and put the fear of god into any qb thikin they heard him comin around the corner or wr comin near where he was. R.I.P

Posted by: Stu | August 27, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

I wonder why Curzon, Favre knew the Pack wanted to groom his replacement and were probably getting tired of the retirement potential dragging on and on and on.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer | August 27, 2008 1:03 PM

I dunno about the specifics but from what I remember Danny dropped $500 k in it to start the fund. But its none of our business how much the daughter gets, its not enough for her to get her dad back.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 1:08 PM

and on...

If you are a team guy, and want to win you should be helping the new guys.

For me, I enjoy any and all news about the girls having problems/fights and sorry to say injuries.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

TO was 21's beeyatch

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

I'll disagree with the injuries part, Curzon, and wonder why you lack the class to know cheering for an injury to a person you've probably never met just because he wears an opposing team's jersey.

I hate Dallas, too, but that's no good in my book. And why gives the Cowgirls the injury excuse? I want 'em at 100% so we can shut them up.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

2 days, 23 hours, and 13 minutes from the time of this posting.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I don't mind injuries to the other team if they're enough to keep them out of the game but not where they affect their ability to live. Otherwise I generally don't root for a member of an opposing team to be injured. I think the exception to that would be a finger injury to TO so he can whine about something and watching his stone hands is beyond wonderful.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

I could use some more saltwater fishing tackle. Wonder if the computer comes with Taylor's hard drives intact or recoverable...

Posted by: Whambulance | August 27, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Truth
You telling me when you see old video of BoyTroy get trucked by LaVar, you dont smile?

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

2 days, 23 hours, and 13 minutes from the time of this posting.

Hopefully thats a countdown till your departure, never to post again.....

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

2 days, 23 hours, and 13 minutes from the time of this posting.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:16 PM

TT see the ESPN TMQ article. College FB sucks.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:21 PM | Report abuse

its not enough for her to get her dad back.

Posted by: Alex35332

Post of the day. So true and that what suck most about his death.

Posted by: jm220 | August 27, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

I do not cheer for injuries, but do enjoy reading a news article about injuries to the girls. If that makes me classless, then I can live with it.

Hey, I could be worse, I could be a UGA fan.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

College football regular season >>>>>>>>> NFL regular season, like it or not.

And CFB names REAL champions, not some crappy Giants team as the Supebowl champs.

and once again, this is just your opinion and we disagree, oh well.

Football is football, period, and football is awesome. Sorry you're so lame that you don't watch college football like the other 90% of men.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Why? Why Sean Taylor? Oof *#$@%*...

Posted by: Reggie Roby's Ghost | August 27, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

UGA fans are fine, curzon, sorry you don't think so.

Just like any other football fanbase, Skins included.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:24 PM

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer | August 27, 2008 1:03 PM

It sounds like all the personal stuff is being kept for his family. Most of this merchandis is pretty generic and probably not special to Sean.

What do you think should happen, dealer? Should all this stuff be destroyed? I don't think it's a matter of "need" for the daughter. I'm sure Sean's estate is sufficient to provide for her. But more is better than less, and it also lets people have a permanent, tangible connection with Sean.

Posted by: Motivator | August 27, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Not that I own shirts that use cuff links, but sure would be cool if those cuff links were made out of Brian Moorman's molars.

Sean Taylor will forever remain the top practitioner of the LfM.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

UGA fans are fine, curzon, sorry you don't think so.

Just like any other football fanbase, Skins included.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:25 PM

Just funnin with you truth. I do not know any Georgia fans personnally and just threw that out there. Slow day at work so thought I would post alot today.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

"So that's what makes a man. That is funny. Sitting in a stadium or my couch watching a game makes me a man. Hahaha!"

Go back to reading comprehension. I didn't say that makes you a man, I said most men love football.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Truth,

CFB names real Champs, that is the funniest thing I have ever read. The BCS is a joke and until CFB has a playoff system it's Champ will be considered a joke.

I hate the Gints but atleast they won there Championship on the field.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

What are you suggesting? I guess I don't follow you on this??

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

I do not know any Georgia fans personnally

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 1:30 PM

This is because you've never spent time in prison.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

best team last year was The Patriots, period.

No way you could prove that wrong. The only thing that could make CFB better would be a +1 game. Anything else ruins the Greatest Regular Season in Sports.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

The BCS is a real champ. Come on Trufe. If I have to watch Ohio State get pummeled for a 3rd year in a row I am gonna be pissed. And I really like some things about college ball. No constant b*tching about money or trying to turn it into entertainment rather than a sport.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

"I hope they purge the hard drive from that computer. Who knows what might be on there?

What are you suggesting? I guess I don't follow you on this??

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 1:32 PM "

Probably personal information...

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

What are you suggesting? I guess I don't follow you on this??

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 1:32 PM

It may contain copies of personal letters. It may contain stuff he downloaded off the internet. Whatever it is, it was stuff that he never meant to make public.

Posted by: Motivator | August 27, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor will forever remain the top practitioner of the LfM.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 1:29 PM

There is this sight where you can get cufflinks made from the old wood seats at historic stadiums. Fenway, Yankee stadium, they even have em from the Orang wood seats at RFK The prices ranged from $100-$400 depending on how much they had left.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Truth,

They suckered you into believing a playoff would mess up the regular season. Every other sport has a playoff and there regular seasons are fine.

It will really be must see TV to watch all the big boys play those Div I-AA schools.

And do not give me Mich. App state that happens what ever 100 years.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Another harsh reminder of what could have been....RIP #21, we still miss you and hope the proceeds truly help your daughter have a very fruitful life.

Posted by: POOP | August 27, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Greg - even if ST didn't do anything nasty with his computer (not suggesting he did), he has personal information of all kinds on the thing I'm sure. Therefore erasing the hard drive and putting the OS/Original programs back on only makes sense.

Posted by: Karen | August 27, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

A cufflink made from a wooden stadium seat? How in the world do you verify/prove the source of the wood?

Posted by: Motivator | August 27, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

The man was a talent. I'll miss seeing him go up against us twice a year.

RIP 21

Posted by: New York baller | August 27, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Motivator

No clue, I assume there would be certificates of authenticity.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

I love CFB but it is flawed and no were near as good as pro football.

Do not get me started on student athlete when it comes to major CFB. The schools could care less if those players graduate or not. They are a way to make more money for the schools and the leagues plain and simple.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Truth, you wrote "Sorry you're so lame that you don't watch college football like the other 90% of men." Well then, I'm just another ten percenter.

Your claim that the college football championship is more legitimate than the NFL championship is staggering, absolutely staggering. Unless you're talking about one of those divisions of college football which awards its championship to the winner of a postseason "playoff" tournament. If that's what you're talking about, I agree.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Ok - I hate to do this... but in the spirit of Karen's admissions, I'd like to participate with my own aspect of inappropriate behavior... I react to death and stress with humor. Particularly inappropriate humor. Please to forgive:

... How 'come there's no ATV's in that list?

Posted by: Dik | August 27, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

trust me the hard drive needs to be destroyed wiping wont do anything...

Posted by: trailblazer302 | August 27, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Oh & if anyone's listening - the pool balls would be an entirely appropriate gift... hahahahaahahah!

Posted by: Dik | August 27, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

No clue, I assume there would be certificates of authenticity.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 1:40 PM

Alex,

Do you know anyone who needs some Certificates of Authenticity? I've got some new software and can print them by the thousands, on some really slick paper.

Posted by: Motivator | August 27, 2008 1:43 PM | Report abuse

So that's what makes a man. ...

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 1:27 PM

The Big Lebowski: Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost? Isn't that what makes a man?

The Dude: Hmmm... Sure, that and a pair of testicles.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

wow....just wow....

Posted by: Greg | August 27, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

TT if you take a couple of steps back you will see that you sound just like a cowboys' fan with all of your uga love.

CFB is the only real sport w/o a playoff. That should tell you something.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the sentiment blue baller ;)

Posted by: Zebra | August 27, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Alex, whether you offered Brian Moorman $100 or $100,000 for his molars in order to make cufflinks, I don't think he would complete the deal.

After that hit that Sean Taylor delivered on him in the Pro Bowl, I'm pretty sure that Moorman swallowed his molars.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 27, 2008 1:41 PM

Nate--I admire you. Like you, I'm a ten percenter. But I'm so ashamed of myself, I can't come out of the closet like you. I can't even post this over my own name. I have to use a fabricated name. I hope sween can't guess who I really am.

Posted by: I'm like Nate: not a real man. So there. | August 27, 2008 1:47 PM | Report abuse

The second string guys on the worst NFL team would crush the top college team on their best day with every player healthy.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 1:48 PM | Report abuse

The 1:47 WASN'T me.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Truth,

NE may have been the best team in the NFL last year but they lost the one game that counted most.

That is what I love about the NFL if you make it to the playoffs you have a shot to win the championship.

If you make it to the BCS you only have a shot if some computer says you do, oh and polls which are filled out by coaches assistants who never see some of the teams they are voting for.

Posted by: kmdp4 | August 27, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

"... I hope sween can't guess who I really am."

Posted by: I'm like Nate: not a real man. So there. | August 27, 2008 1:47 PM

Mick Jagger in "Sympathy for the Devil"?

I'm going to have to go with t_e_, but mostly b/c I guess him for everything.

Posted by: dcsween | August 27, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I would never say that T.O. was afraid of Sean because it takes a certain level of heart that,lets be honest,most of us will never understand just to be on the field with true NFL players.But make no mistake T.O.wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with Taylor.Even back when T.O.was with Philly,the way Sean used to go after him,you would never think Sean was the rookie and T.O.was the vet.He just had no regard whatsoever who T.O.was,it didn't matter.And I used to see T.O.jawing back and forth with defenders,even mocked Ray Lewis's dance,never once did I see him almost think about getting into with Sean.He knew better,even his body language said he knew better.

Posted by: dawglbs | August 27, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I believe those molars are in orbit.

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

The 1:47 wasn't me.

Posted by: talent evaluator | August 27, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

jeeze

sarcasm off people, sorry

anyway, with Taylor's PC it is pretty easy to get information even after the hard drive has been wiped, that's just a bad idea overall to put that for sale. You can get information off PC's that have had the hard drive wiped and been tosses in the ocean and set on fire. True story.

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Even the major college football teams have only a handful of top quality football players if that. You get top WRs playing against ok CBs or vice versa.

NFL has the cream of the crop that play every Sunday during the regular season. To compare the two is ludicrous.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor had the potential to be one of the best safeties to ever play the game... period. Too bad we will never know how his career would've panned out. We, as Redskins fans, should be thankful for the time we were able to watch his greatness even if it were for a short while.

RIP #21

Posted by: Skins Fan In Da Ville | August 27, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | August 27, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

PS: If you don't like rap music, I recommend that you mute your sound. I didn't really care for the songs, but the video is top-notch

Posted by: Skins Fan In Da Ville | August 27, 2008 2:04 PM | Report abuse

"FYI, Chris Cooley has put a "hit" out on whoever stole Chief Zee's tomahawk. A free autographed Jersey if you can get it back to the skins."

Barno, this could be your chance!!!

Posted by: isnadd | August 27, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Lol,

Barno pulls up to some cowboy fans house in a burgundy DaVille and shoots up the place.

Posted by: Alex35332 | August 27, 2008 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Wow Curzon thanks for clearing that up for me. I was confused which had the higher talent level, the first league with younger kids in college or the one that chooses the best young kids from college to play in it. Thanks.

Can you also clear up the minor league/major league baseball thing for me?

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Truht, that one's easy - minor leagues have the cooler logos!

Posted by: Dik | August 27, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Drat, Anon. Just posted that. beep beep.

Posted by: Cindy | August 27, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Can you also clear up the minor league/major league baseball thing for me?

Posted by: The Truth | August 27, 2008 2:07 PM

Truth, I know you have trouble finding things on-line, but even you should be able to figure this out.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 27, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Proud to be a Democrat

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 26, 2008 10:34 PM

There's an oxymoron

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 26, 2008 11:17 PM

Proud to be a Republican

There's a moron.

Posted by: Johnny MacThirdterm | August 27, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Never been a fan of college football !

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | August 27, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

didn't mean to insinuate that they're doing something wrong. but the "fact" that girl's fund needs more money is disappointing. thought she was taken care of already...but i guess not.

Posted by: dealer | August 27, 2008 4:32 PM | Report abuse

"Burgundy sofa, Gold Sofa"

You know this guy loved the skins and embraced them. Just as we knew he was the best and I'll argue his greatness for years to come. Thank you thank you S dot Taylor

21-4-life

Posted by: Burg w/ a U | August 27, 2008 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Sean Taylor reminded me of another Redskin with the same skills as Sean, #27 Ken Houston Ken was fearless, a textbook tackler and an awesome cover safety just like Sean. Ken Houston was also a great punt returner, Houston was just a great football player, don't even think about comming across the middle that was the "bermuda triangle" where wide receivers were never heard from again after Houston "laid" one on em. Ken is in the HOF which is exactly where Sean was headed until tragedy struck,Sean was just comming into his own as a player, a father and a soon to be husband, as skins fan for over forty years i miss this kid he was going to be one of a kind, one of the "great ones" The theme for this season and beyond should be Play Hard For Sean!!!.

Posted by: dargregmag | August 27, 2008 5:03 PM | Report abuse

I just hope dannyboy welcomes the taylor family up here as much as possible. and I hope they dont remove his name from inside the stadium ever cuz he was gonna go down as the best redskin football player ever and you can stamp that...still hard for me to see him gone...He was my favorite player in college when he came in as a freshman and was overjoyed when we drafted him...excited for the season but will be hard not having sean here...Miss You Homie RIP 21 and dirty 30 gonna hold it down for you....

Posted by: cgass21 | August 27, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Trust fund for his daughter? I have a hard time believing that Taylor didn't have a large life insurance policy offered through either the NFLPA and/or purchased on his own, so why is there a need to funnel proceeds from an asset sale (maybe $100K)? Sorry if I sound insensitive, but this all seems a bit silly to me.

Posted by: More Cowbell | August 27, 2008 5:30 PM | Report abuse

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I will never be okay with what happened last November. Ever.

Posted by: OG Barno | August 28, 2008 2:32 AM | Report abuse

www.dalockerroom. com

Get all the latest news with a DMV twist on sports, women, politics,
clothes, music, etc.

Don't forget to sign up for the newsletter.

Fall 2008 is going to be off the hook in Da Locker Room. Sign up today.

www.dalockerroom. com

P.S. Go Cowboys and Terps!!!

Posted by: DLR | August 28, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse