Sean Taylor "Clinging To Life"

Richard Sharpstein, who has represented Sean Taylor in legal matters in the past and is a friend of the family, said moments ago that the player's life is hanging in the balance in the hospital. Sharpstein, speaking from the hospital, said Taylor is "nonresponsive and unconscious" and the doctors are "worried about a possible brain injury or death."

Sharpstein, who has been with Taylor's family at the hospital much of the day, said that there are major worries that Taylor may have lost oxygen to the brain, and that no other procedures are planned for right now. "They're waiting to see if he comes to," Sharpstein said. He was shot in the groin/thigh area near the femoral artery and lost copious amounts of blood. The intruders then retreated and Sean was airlifted to the trauma center and endured several hours of surgery, Sharpstein said.

Taylor is in intensive care, Sharpstein said, and his girlfriend and child were not injured in the attack. Sharpstein said Taylor was sleeping when he heard a noise in the living room. The intruder or intruders were at his bedroom and Taylor reached for a machete or other form of knife he keeps nearby in case of emergency, and two shots were fired, with one striking his leg.

"Right now he's clinging to life and we're all praying he makes it," Sharpstein said.

Sharpstein said there have been numerous break ins, or break in attempts, on Taylor's house in recent weeks.

By Jason La Canfora  |  November 26, 2007; 3:12 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Clarification
Next: Coach Joe On Sean

Comments

Fire Michael Wilbon...

Posted by: tdskinz | November 26, 2007 3:15 PM | Report abuse

I hope God answer's his families' prayers.....

Posted by: RightWay | November 26, 2007 3:16 PM | Report abuse

That was not a very hopeful update. This is such a sad, tragic, and senseless assault.

Posted by: gdennie | November 26, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Prayers to Sean and his family . . . .

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

This just totally crazy. Come on brother pull through this.

Posted by: jm220 | November 26, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Prayers

Posted by: Zebraskins | November 26, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

I hear the suspect is a fanatic 'Skins fan who got tired of watching the team lose

But seriously, I sincerely hope he comes thru this and come out even stronger

Posted by: kcho | November 26, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Lets all pray and hope he recovers from this set back. God bless him and his family. I still can't believe this is happening, I live in Miami as well...

Posted by: Gltek01 | November 26, 2007 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Flag on you kcho, you know why

Posted by: Zebraskins | November 26, 2007 3:20 PM | Report abuse

21 in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: jbeall2 | November 26, 2007 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Prayers from an Arizona Skin fan, may God heal Sean Taylor

Posted by: jdallen | November 26, 2007 3:22 PM | Report abuse

There has been alot of talk about his health and obviously that's most important.

Has there been any talk out of Miami relating to suspects, like a sketch or anything that says the cops have any clue who did this.

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Why you gotta flag me for?!
Yes, that was a stupid joke but I am sincerely sorry for all this tragedy...stop flagging me like the refs on redskins playas

Posted by: kcho | November 26, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

My deepest thoughts and prayers are going out to Sean, his family, friends, teammates, and all fans of the burgundy and gold. The guy is a baller and although he may have made some mistakes earlier in his career all indications were that he had turned the corner. And now a child may lose his father. This is just a tragic, tragic day to be a 'Skins fan. Let's all hope and pray that this story has a happy ending.

Posted by: gibbshogs | November 26, 2007 3:23 PM | Report abuse

Ugh, not good. Come on, Sean. We are pulling for you man.

Posted by: rob10873 | November 26, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Sean is a warrior and he is going to make it through this! May God answer his families prayers!

Posted by: redryan400 | November 26, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

JLC, outstanding work today.

Many thanks.

Posted by: gdennie | November 26, 2007 3:26 PM | Report abuse

I just find out about this. I'm stunned and speechless.

Come on Sean we're pulling for you brother. Use that strength and fearlessness.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Posted by: sfskin | November 26, 2007 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Thoughts and prayers. We're pulling for ya Sean. And thinking of your family.

Posted by: sumpfan | November 26, 2007 3:28 PM | Report abuse

The worse thing is something like this doesn't really surprise me. Just the way of the world now.

Now if it had been 10-15 years ago, then it would have been unimaginable.

There are just so many punks out there with weapons that makes for a really scary place to live.

Wonder how many playas will now move to gated communities.

We can only hope Sean pulls through; for himself as well as his son.

Posted by: fearturtle44 | November 26, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Sure gonna miss watching PTI...This is saddest day of all my years of being a Skins fan...

Posted by: tdskinz | November 26, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

I'm still just stunned and devastated...have been unable to work at all today.

Sean, please pull through....we are all praying for you

Posted by: Lisa | November 26, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

I hope he pulls through If I ever find those Bastards that did such a think I will sock em'.

Posted by: nunzio768 | November 26, 2007 3:29 PM | Report abuse

COME ON SEAN YOU CAN DO THIS...MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH HIM AND HIS FAMILY AND THE REST OF THE REDSKINS FAMILY.

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 3:30 PM | Report abuse

I am just crushed right now. Haven't been able to do anything at all.

Posted by: jm220 | November 26, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

This is just awful! D@mn everyone who had a negative comment about Sean today. D@mn them all! He's gotta be ok...he's too strong not to pull through!

Posted by: harrissa | November 26, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

prayers for 21 and his family from all redskins in the U-K. playoffs? football? who cares!

Posted by: Diddytut | November 26, 2007 3:32 PM | Report abuse

PULL THROUGH SEAN! Come on, man!

Prayers, prayers and more prayers.

Posted by: shue | November 26, 2007 3:32 PM | Report abuse

God willing, Sean will survive this, football doesn't matter, i hope the best for Sean's family

Posted by: Wakawaka | November 26, 2007 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Re: Wilbon, even before his comments earlier today, his reporting and writing has been lazy and ignorant. He's obviously at the point in his career where he's become irrelevant and no longer insightful and has to resort to being loud and angry. I even find him less tolerable than Stephen A. Smith. I wish the Post would rid themselves of this dead wood and promote from within or hire accomplished writers such as Mike Wise.

Posted by: 1buj | November 26, 2007 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Lets just hope that being an elite athlete helps him pull through. From the description of his injuries, it's probably the only reason he's still alive.

Posted by: COskins | November 26, 2007 3:34 PM | Report abuse

tdskin- I agree. Definately the worst skins day in my 20+ years as a skins fan.
Keep fighting Sean!

Posted by: puttinforbird | November 26, 2007 3:34 PM | Report abuse

I CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO THE SKINS FAMILY..I HOPE SEAN IS OKAY

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

All prayers and thoughts go towards the Taylor family.

Posted by: farisace | November 26, 2007 3:35 PM | Report abuse

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but I have a question for all of you who say that you are praying for him. How many of you are praying for the thousands of people who are seriously ill or suffered serious injuries today, but who happen not to be famous football players? I don't wish ill of Sean Taylor, but this practice of praying for someone just because he's famous is a bit much.

Posted by: frankflinstone | November 26, 2007 3:36 PM | Report abuse

We're pulling for you Sean out here in California.

Posted by: bclevelandva | November 26, 2007 3:37 PM | Report abuse

What happened to Wilbon? What comments did he make?

Posted by: RightWay | November 26, 2007 3:38 PM | Report abuse

Season and next weekend game thoughts are gone replaced with only a sincere get well wish, pull through please and a large prayer to "our father who art in heaven" for Sean and his family right now. Positive vibes have me imagining Sean on crutches on the sideline of the Dallas home game waving to the standing ovation at Fedex field Sunday Dec 30th.

Posted by: BigTVDoug | November 26, 2007 3:39 PM | Report abuse

From Wilbon's Post Chat

McLean, Va.: Will your opinion of Taylor change if this does not turn out to be a random incident (e.g. home invasion)?

Michael Wilbon: No...People's opinions are shaped by the way they've grown up, the way they see the world, what they know about the world the person in question grew up in, etc. Sean Taylor isn't the only guy I know who fits his general profile. I've known guys like Taylor all my life, grew up with some. They still have shades of gray and shouldn't be painted in black and white...I know how I feel about Taylor, and this latest news isn't surprising in the least, not to me. Whether this incident is or isn't random, Taylor grew up in a violent world, embraced it, claimed it, loved to run in it and refused to divorce himself from it. He ain't the first and won't be the last. We have no idea what happened, or if what we know now will be revised later. It's sad, yes, but hardly surprising.

Columbia, Md.: What makes you think that Taylor was still embracing his old ways? Every thing we have heard from the Redskins and Portis is that this is a new Sean. Apparently the birth of his child really helped to straighten him out. Is this contrary to what you know?

Michael Wilbon: Sorry, but I'n not in the habit of having comapanies with their own public relations agenda tell me about black men and what they feel or don't feel. Pardon me if I'm not that easy.

Posted by: tlehtone | November 26, 2007 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Might be intersting to watch PTI tonight and see if Wilbon is perhaps a bit more sympathetic to him. I get the impression from the end of Cindy's chat that she was gonna have a few words with him.

Posted by: rallenii | November 26, 2007 3:40 PM | Report abuse

Frankflintstone: I've always wondered the same thing...

Posted by: benjones | November 26, 2007 3:40 PM | Report abuse

CSN says Snyder, Bubba Tyer, CP, and Vinnie on flight to FL

Posted by: tdskinz | November 26, 2007 3:40 PM | Report abuse

frankflinstone i think that he is special to alot of people where as they others aren't. It's not a question of being more deserveing, its of concern, the fact that Sean has brought so many people so much joy. That's why we care.

Posted by: sams3 | November 26, 2007 3:40 PM | Report abuse

tdskinz, what did wilbon do?

Posted by: jdixon35 | November 26, 2007 3:41 PM | Report abuse

frankflinstone,

Although I sincerely appreciate your interests in my personal life, my prayers are exactly that MINE! Therefore, you can take you inquiring mind elsewhere for answers. Maybe you should pray for answers from above. Do as you wish, but please refrain from criticising one's righteousness.

Posted by: Soup17 | November 26, 2007 3:42 PM | Report abuse

frankflinstone,
I see your point, but the difference for me is that I have followed this guy for about 7 years now (I'm a Canes and Skins fan). As fans we all feel that we know Sean to an extent because we have rooted and cheered him on for so long. A famous athlete does not deserve prayers anymore than a regular joe, but as a fan you can't help but become emotionally invested in your favorite players. Anyway, I just hope that Sean pulls through this.

Posted by: curtmcgurt | November 26, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Come on Sean! Make it buddy!! Your WHOLE FAMILY is praying for you!!!!

Posted by: meeks53113 | November 26, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

People are praying for Sean because we are aware of his situation. If they're aware of the situations of "thousands of people who are seriously ill or suffered serious injuries today" I am sure they'll pray for those people also.

I hope he pulls through.

Posted by: tundey | November 26, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

frankflinstone

When Cindy told us about her friend that has cancer there were many of us praying for her. When 4th lost his little girl many of us sent out thoughts and prayers. When I lost my dear and close friend there were many prayers and thoughts. Maybe you need to look at yourself and ask the question.

Posted by: jm220 | November 26, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

frankflintstone,

the reason people are praying for sean and not the "thousands of people" who are sick is because is not only a professional football player subjected to dissection by media and fans, but a role model to many. obviously people are going to have strong feelings Sean and some choose to pray to deal with their emotions. he is a part of many people's lives, as are other famous people, and my guess is that the people who say they are praying for him are people who have followed him and his team, have been inspired by him, and respect his game on the field.

Posted by: slayterdeepwood | November 26, 2007 3:47 PM | Report abuse

frankflinstone,

its not his fame that gets us to pray for him. he has directly affected the lives of all redskins fans, and personally has brought me such joy just being able to watch him play and develop each sunday. make no mistake about it, there is a personal connection between each one of these fans and ST.

Sean will make it

Posted by: psps23 | November 26, 2007 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Frankflintstone:

I am currently studying to become a Minister. For whatever that is worth, in my experience, it generally takes some type of personal connection to encourage us (myself included) to pray for others specifically. Sure, we may offer generally prayers for "the troops" or something like that, but to specifically pray for a person, we generally have to know that person (or know of the person, as is the case with Sean Taylor - afterall, most, if not all of us don't know him personally).

That being said, maybe your comment is correct - but maybe not for the reason you think. Personally, I think that we should all offer up a prayer or 6 for ST and his family. But maybe you are right and the problem is that we don't pray for OTHERS as much as we should (not that we are praying for ST too much)....If we change that then maybe some very small amount of good can come from this horrible act of violence.

Posted by: jlpowell77 | November 26, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Pray for Sean, his daughter, family, girlfriend and friends... May God Watch Over Them and Protect Them at this critical time.

Amen.

Posted by: EinVB | November 26, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

"I just read the Wilbon Chat House transcript and lost respect for him. I usually like his reporting and columns but he seemed very indifferent.

I hate when reporters take their personal feelings about certain players and color everything they write about them based on those feelings.

I'm no idiot, I know that's what columnists are supposed to do. But when someone is fighting for their life, some compassion would be appropriate and appreciated."

This was someone else's post, but I couldn't agree more. Wilbon's Chat House today put a real bad taste in my mouth, and I think there will be a backlash from people to come. I found his dialogue today to be quite nonchalant and lacking in objectivity. How about someone ask him this: How well do you know Sean Taylor? Do we have Dr. Phil working at the Post now? I've followed Wilbon for a while, and I was not happy with his comments. I understood his general premise: You can take the man outta the hood, but not the hood outta the man. Unfortunately, it is that type of ignorant thinking that shackles American society from allowing people to get away from their pasts - outsiders who are 'so much better' looking down upon those with somewhat of a shady history. Count that as -1 Wilbon fan.

Posted by: cowshag | November 26, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: frankflinstone | November 26, 2007 03:36 PM

_____________________________

FrankFlinstone,

Please understand that I am not trying to drop a bomb on you or anything and I am not upset with your comment but will try to explain the feelings of those (including myself) who are offering prayer for Sean Taylor.

A person offers prayer for those whom they know and feel a kinship for. As he comes into our homes 16 times a year, he "feels" like family to his fans. This is undeniably because he is "famous".

If Sean Taylor were not a Redskin would I be offering prayer for him. Probably not. Do I offer prayer for "the unammed" injured, poor, maimed, etc. Not often, but I do (although not in public). But what does it matter if I do or not?

If you feel the need to pray for the unkown others who have no one else, then pray for them and God bless you for doing that.

But right now I feel as if a close friend has been hurt; and is now also being spitefuly marred due to his past.

Let those who want to pray pray how they feel led and stop worrying about how you think they should pray.

Ozzie

Posted by: ostinato | November 26, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Wilbon is entitled to his opinion just as much as you knuckleheads are, so give it a rest. His job is not to be a homer. Also, Wise already works for WaPo.

With regard to The Reaper's injury, I am amazed that he is still alive if the femoral artery was indeed hit since you can bleed out in just a few minutes from that type of injury. Even if the paramedics were on scene quickly the amount of blood loss would potentially cause cardiac and neurological problems since his blood volume was so low. If this was a high caliber weapon it may have also done a lot of damage to the bone (femur) which could lead to Taylor losing his leg if he ends up surviving.

Posted by: tkozikow | November 26, 2007 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Sean is in my thoughts and prayers. All we can do is hope. I have faith.

John
DC

Posted by: johnguinan | November 26, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

I somewhat understand where Wilbon is coming from. Would anyone be suprised if Michael Irvin was busted for drugs again despite reports of his reformed lifestyle? Of course not. I don't mean to imply that this was Taylor's fault; however, I am not shocked that this has happened. I wish him the best.

Posted by: sakerr | November 26, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

nevermind, i saw it. thats pretty brutal. Wilbon must not have been hugged as a child.

Posted by: jdixon35 | November 26, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: cowshag | November 26, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

I asked a question on Cindy's chat about Wilbon's remarks too. She didn't answer it, as she didn't answer the question raised at the end of her chat either.

I believe that the fact that she selects the questions to be answered yet did NOT stand up for Wilbon when she had the opportunity, signifies that she doesn't agree with him on that. I also think she's too astute to ever openly state that though.

Posted by: Redcoat | November 26, 2007 3:52 PM | Report abuse

To those who are disappointed in the comments that Michael Wilbon made about Sean Taylor in his chat today - and include me in that group - I suggest that you send him an email directly here at the Post. I did.

Here is the link. http://projects.washingtonpost.com/staff/email/michael+wilbon/

I have been a Wilbon fan for along time, but disappointed in him today.

Posted by: garylloyd | November 26, 2007 3:52 PM | Report abuse

With the latest news from Florida, we need to all start thinking about the quality of life Sean will have should he survive, and what he would want. His family is probably facing that right now, and my prayers are for them.

Posted by: rick1 | November 26, 2007 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Has Mike Wilbon turned into a Jason Whitlock as well? WTF is up with these well-to-do sports columnist turned TV talking heads?

Seriously, does Wilbon have an intern write in these chats?

Posted by: RightWay | November 26, 2007 3:56 PM | Report abuse

This is truly devastating. Here I wake up this morning still upset over a loss and something like this happens. I guess I need to get my priorities straight in life. Who cares about football. The only thing I can think of right now is for Sean to be able to pull through not for football but for his family. He is a young man who has a full life ahead of him.

Posted by: scottnimetz | November 26, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

FrankFlinstone,

I was kind of thinking the same thing just a few minutes ago before I read that post. I have to admit I hear about these all the time and I always have the "well thats too bad, nope it works out" mentality.

This does feel more like a family thing, even though I have never met him just based on the fact that he makes a living making me happy whether he knows it or not.

Football is for the fans so when one goes down, especially the way he did, it feels different; although Im not sure if it should.

Good post

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Let us stay optimistic for Sean's recovery. We are just getting unofficial accounts of his condition. These reports are like the "fog of war." I prefer to keep faith in his full recovery. He's strong and there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of Burgunbdy and Gold pulling for him.

Posted by: garylloyd | November 26, 2007 3:57 PM | Report abuse

All,

As a still recovering Hokie (4/16/07) and a lifelong Redskins fan, my heart is yet again breaking due to gun violence. My heart and prayers go to the Taylor family, Redskins organazation, and all Redskins fans. Hang on Sean, Hang on.

Posted by: phatfloats | November 26, 2007 3:58 PM | Report abuse

This is a very emotional story that has transfixed the city. Good job at keeping us advised. Keep the details coming. Any shot to the femoral artery is extremely serious. One loses copious amounts of blood quickly. Do you know anything more about the timelines in this incident? Keep the details coming please.

Posted by: robinfickerofrobinrealty | November 26, 2007 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Prayers are with you. We love 21!!!

Posted by: reese.oreo | November 26, 2007 3:59 PM | Report abuse

So there have been numerous break-in attempts at Taylor's home in recent weeks? What is going on here? Something is just not right about this whole situation. What happened last night wasn't a random assault.

Sean, we are pulling for you here in DC. If you make it through, we can only hope that you'll move your family up here and out that Miami cesspool. Whether Taylor's assailants knew him or not, something is seriously amiss down in Florida.

Posted by: drischord | November 26, 2007 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Rick...

I hate to admit it, but I do agree. Maybe a miracle will happen, but the news from the Dr's fearing for his brain condition and possible passing is extremely frightening. If he does come out of this let's hope he can still live a healthy life and be a good father and husband...

Posted by: EinVB | November 26, 2007 4:02 PM | Report abuse

SEAN TAYLOR HAS AN UNCOUNTABLE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE PULLING FOR HIM. WE AS REDSKIN FANS ARE PART OF A BIG AS* FAMILY AND A MEMBER OF THAT FAMILY HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY INJURED. FOR US RIGHT NOW WE ARE NOT THINKG ABOUT A PULLED MUSCLE OR SPRAINED WHATEVER AND IF WE WILL WIN THE NEXT GAME WE ARE THINKING ABOUT THE LIFE OF ONE OF OUR FAMILY MEMBERS. ALL THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS NEED TO STOP SKINS FAN OR NOT SEAN IS STILL PART OF THE NFL FAMILY AND ALWAYS WILL BE..

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:02 PM | Report abuse

frankflintstone:

Just so you know, I do pray regularly for people I do not know. They include the troops in Iraq, Bangladeshi cyclone victims, little children who have been abducted or harmed by parents, among others. When I drive by a car accident on the highway I pray for those involved, and sometimes I'll pray for whoever is in the ambulance that passed my by.

It has nothing to do with Sean Taylor being famous. Yes, I am a Redskins fan and I have appreciated his talent on the field. So perhaps I feel some connection even though I've never met the man.

He is a father of a young child, and he has been severely injured, so yes I'm praying for him. I don't feel guilty about it, I don't feel it's "a bit much".

Can't you just appreciate that people are praying for SOMEBODY? Perhaps you could pray for some of these unknown people as well as those you feel who's prayers are misdirected.

Posted by: mdflorals | November 26, 2007 4:03 PM | Report abuse

There is a report or two in Florida that he passed at 2:40pm...I hope that's not the case. Pull through Sean

Posted by: davidbrowne3377 | November 26, 2007 4:04 PM | Report abuse

----------------

FU Wilbone!!!!!!

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:04 PM | Report abuse

Prayers for Sean and his family. If someone can survive this wound, he can. This is such devastating news. I keep thinking of his child.

As for Wilbon, I can't say I'm surprised in the least by his comments. Regardless of Sean's past or his maturation, how can anyone say something so insensitive as Sean's life hangs in the balance. His words are an insult to Sean and his family.

Posted by: ellinwoods | November 26, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: davidbrowne3377 | November 26, 2007 04:04 PM

What report? You can't just say something like that without providing a source.

Posted by: Soup17 | November 26, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: davidbrowne3377 | November 26, 2007 04:04 PM

What report? You can't just say something like that without providing a source.

Posted by: Soup17 | November 26, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Hopefully ST can recover from this terrible incident and go on to live a healthy and prosperous life with or without football. To all the criticizers out there, it's easy to judge when you don't know squat and haven't been through squat in your lives. Wilbon should of saved his remarks until AFTER he knew the situation. It's easy for a pencil neck geek like that to assume things he obviously knows nothing about. And as far as him keeping a weapon near his bed, I do the same thing, yet I'm not a thug by any means.

Posted by: ga8085 | November 26, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Wilbon's comments gave me pause as well. He needs to stop making his readers feel small, and himself seem so righteous, and so above it all. He's the only sports blog/columnist who distances himself from his readers. P.S. - I'm a white man, so don't tell ME what a white man feels.

Posted by: Jenners | November 26, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: davidbrowne3377 | November 26, 2007 04:04 PM

What report? You can't just say something like that without providing a source.

Posted by: Soup17 | November 26, 2007 04:05 PM

A guy I was talking to in Florida said it's been on some local Sports stations down there.

Posted by: davidbrowne3377 | November 26, 2007 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Our Prayers and Thoughts are with Sean Taylor and his family. Sean is a strong person, and he'll pull through!!

Posted by: morriscomm | November 26, 2007 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Oh wow, this is terrible.

C'mon Sean, fight through man.

Posted by: kost52 | November 26, 2007 4:08 PM | Report abuse

thoughts and prayers

Posted by: joanne.rutkowski | November 26, 2007 4:08 PM | Report abuse

jlpowell77, ostinato, james.harwell: good, thoughtful responses to frankflinstones' comment. I've always been on the "saying a prayer for a specific person because he/she is famous/well-known whilst overlooking those thousands who are afflicted everyday by a multitude of tragedies is a skewed mindset" wagon. But, what you guys have suggested is definitely food for thought. Thanks.

Posted by: benjones | November 26, 2007 4:09 PM | Report abuse

I AM AT WORK AND CANNOT GET ON REDSKINS WEB SITE CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CHECK THERE FOR ME TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY UPDATES.. I WOULD GREATLY APPRICIATE IT

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse

Look at these plays and pray we see more of them!

Posted by: jjwilson312003 | November 26, 2007 4:11 PM | Report abuse

jessie, there're no updates. and redskins.com won't be the site to go to anyway for updates on this story.

http://www.miamiherald.com has been the best source for updates. and this blog.

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 4:11 PM | Report abuse

THANK YOU! I JUST HAD SOMEONE CHECK AND GIBBS WILL BE GIVING A PRESS CONFRENCE AT 4:45 IT WILL BE LIVE ON REDSKINS.COM

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Jessie--RI seems to be leading the info for updates. ESPN News just had a "breaking update" and pretty much read word for word the first 3 paragraphs of this post. They cited "the WP" for the info. They also said the family has requested that no more information be released so I fear it may be a while (or a tragice event) before we get a factual update of Sean's condition.

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Lindsey Czarniak from NBC4 just reported from Redskins Park that the players are devastated. NBC showed a number of players leaving the Park with a Skins PR person so they would not have to speak to the media.

Posted by: Lisa | November 26, 2007 4:15 PM | Report abuse

this is absolutely nuts. . .wow real life has a way of rearing its ugly head . . .

not sure what to say other than I pray he pulls thorugh this. . .

God bless. . .

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | November 26, 2007 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I would think if he had passed, it would be hard to keep it quiet for this long.

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 4:16 PM | Report abuse

IF NO ONE IS TALKING AND HIS FAMILY DOESN;T WANT ANYTHING ELSE REVEALED I HOPE THE WORST IS NOT TRUE

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Jeez, Wilbon is sounding one step shy of "Uncle Ruckus" as far as his opinion on this case. He wasn't even that rude to Tank Johnson, who was much more punkish and never got into any serious, life-threatening problems. Firing Wilbon isn't quite enough, you gotta bring the full force of Rainbow PUSH or whoever watchdogs ignorant statements like his that seem to indicate that black youths from troubled backgrounds can't ever escape them. Just because some Miami punk holds an ill-conceived grudge, or else is just trying to steal, doesn't mean that ST was troubling his house nor does it mean he somehow deserved to inherit this kind of wind. Wilbon needs to get a little of the Imus treatment... or else he needs to man up and try taking that opinion to the parking lot of Fed Ex field pre-game.

Posted by: FightinHelfmish | November 26, 2007 4:19 PM | Report abuse

I just can't beleive this! Come on Sean FIGHT BABY FIGHT!!!!!

Posted by: redryan400 | November 26, 2007 4:21 PM | Report abuse

I found Wilbons comments rather bitter. I know I have made mistakes in my life and learned from them. Cant Sean Taylor?

If anyone else finds his quick-typed remarks rude, I suggest sending a quick email to his TV employer...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=espncscontact

Posted by: tdskinz | November 26, 2007 4:22 PM | Report abuse

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING..I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO WORK ALL DAY
SEAN... COME ON YOU CAN DO THIS FIGHT !!!!

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

On CSN they're showing the august interview of sean with strawberry shortcake

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

quiet riot's lead singer died today, too. . . . sad day.

Posted by: sales | November 26, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

It was my understanding that prayer is an individual act, between a person and his God. I don't understand how one person can be so sanctimonious and judgemental as to question what another is praying for, and why he's praying for it.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 26, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Such as sad situation with Taylor. I hope it all works out.

btw, I find Wilbon's Blame the Victim attitude disgusting. I hope this sub-story eventually gets the publicity it deserves and that Wilbon's comments don't just slip by unnoticed due to the much more important story of the day. I know a lot of people will have changed opinions of the guy after reading what he wrote--I know I do

Posted by: HokiePaul | November 26, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

posted this earlier but apparently it got lost somewhere.

It's about Wilbons' comments: ".... tell me about black men and what they feel or don't feel."

It makes absolutely no sense. Even if Sean Taylor liked his old violent life (as Wilbon is implying), does it mean he still lives that life? Or if he had a violent life it doesn't mean he can't or didn't change.

Honestly, I never liked Wilbon and now I lost my respect for that man.

Posted by: thor | November 26, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

The guys house was broken into several times recently. And this is in a nice neighborhood. The people who did this knew whose house they were going into.

I am reading quotes that state (like Wilbon hinted) Sean was still 'in the process' of shedding some trouble makers from his past.

I get the feeling he was unable to get far enough away from them.

Posted by: keithrjackson | November 26, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Well said t_e

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:26 PM | Report abuse

What a thug...

Posted by: smhct | November 26, 2007 4:26 PM | Report abuse

----------------

FU Wilbone!!!!!!

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 04:04 PM

Sorry guys, but I understand exactly what Wilbon is saying and I do not see anything wrong with it. I would imagine that he knows Taylor better than any of us and can draw an opinion of Taylor better than any of us.

Wilbon states that this is a sad situation - I agree that it is. He also states that it is not surprising. Given the ATV incident two years ago, it is not a reach when someone says that another shooting is not surprising.

I have no reason not to trust Wilbon when he says that Sean Taylor has not removed himself from the thug world. In fact, we here at RI have somewhat embraced this attitude with the copious Reaper references. Getting mad at Wilbon for his statements just seems like misdirected anger.

Even if you think his statements are poorly timed, remember that he was just honestly answering a question that was posed to him. I admire his honesty and his matter of factness.

Posted by: CBT | November 26, 2007 4:27 PM | Report abuse

I found Wilbon's remarks to be a little unsettling and I hope he is wrong about Taylor, but there is no sensitivity clause attached to free speech.

Wilbon hasn't made any illegal or even unethical statements, so calling for his firing is a bit extreme. If you disagree, then disagree - but do it rationally.

Best wishes to the entire Taylor family.

Posted by: trink | November 26, 2007 4:27 PM | Report abuse

I am not a Wilbon fan but he didn't say anything wrong. He may not have said it with as much sensitivity as apparently many of you would like but he only expressed his opinion (which is colored by his personal feelings about Taylor). Isn't he entitled to do that? Why do people here get so bent out of shape when someone says something with which they don't agree?

The last chapter hasn't been written on this yet. Don't be so quick to accept that this was simply a home invasion.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | November 26, 2007 4:29 PM | Report abuse

more facts:

sean was defending his family with a machetti/big knife.

sean could not carry a gun/own a gun due to his probation/deal a couple of years ago.

sean had pitbulls but got rid of them recently.

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 4:30 PM | Report abuse

What gives you reason to think it wasn't LH?

Posted by: Redcoat | November 26, 2007 4:30 PM | Report abuse

My anger is not misdirected. Wilbon is a sanctimonious dolt! Who is he to say that people can't change their ways or leave their past behind them!

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:31 PM | Report abuse

DON'T BE SO QUICK TO ASSUME ANYTHING. WE DON'T KNOW SEAN PERSONALLY WE ONLY KNOW WHAT WE'VE BEEN TOLD THAT HASN'T PROVEN TO BE TRUE. RIGHT NOW ALL ANYONE NEEDS TO DO IS TO WISH THE BEST FOR SEAN AND HIS FAMILY.
EVERYONE NEEDS TO LET THIS WILBON STUFF GO FOR NOW. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION AND WHILE I DO NOT AGREE WITH HIM AT ALL I DO THINK THAT WE NEED TO WORRY ABOUT SEAN RIGHT NOW.
P.S I AM NOT DEFENDING WILBON OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT I AGREE WITH MOST OF THE COMMENTS MADE ABOUT HIS "UNTIMELY, RUDE ETX" COMMENTS

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

You can bet your bottom dollar that Sean's dad (Chief of Police) down there will stop at nothing to hunt down the cowards who did this. They'll be lucky not to get the death sentence and you can bet anything that they will be caught.

Posted by: Thundershock | November 26, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

First off, I doubt Wilbon knows ST better than us. ST disdained the media.

Secondly Wilbon's words can be summed up as "once a thug, always a thug" sorry but that's just flat out ignorant and incorrect.

People can and do change and one of the greatest catalysts for that is having a child which many people point to being the case.

Is history a great indicator of future events? Yes. Is it the be all end all? No.

Posted by: SeanTizzy2DaHizzy | November 26, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Whomever said above there are reports on the news in Florida that Sean has past...I live in Orlando area and I have seen NO SUCH REPORTS AT THIS TIME.

Posted by: leevi98 | November 26, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat, given what I know about these things, most home invaders don't shoot you and leave if they are there to rob you.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | November 26, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I think Wilbon deserves a break on his comments today. Maybe he could have said things more diplomatically, or maybe he should have passed on the comments entirely given that Taylor is apparently clinging to life. But what is it that is so horrible about what he said?

Wilbon basically said he's not surprised something bad happened to Taylor. Given what I have read about Taylor's past, I'm not terribly surprised either. Saddened? Absolutely. But if someone told me a member of the Redskins was going to be the victim of a shooting, Taylor would be pretty darn close to the top of the list of my guesses.

He also said he's not convinced Taylor changed his ways. Fair enough if you ask me. He's been closer to people (athletes and non-athletes) with similar histories than I, and I'm betting closer than most of the people reading this blog.

Wilbon didn't say Taylor hasn't changed his ways, just that he's not going to take the Redskins word for it. I think we're all wise enough to know of circumstances where a person has portrayed to one circle of people a changed life, but has in fact maintained that lifestyle with a different circule.

I think Wilbon's comments certainly came across more harshly than appropriate given the circumstances. But he's successful because he is somewhat argumentative, and because he's willing to put his thoughts out there to stir thoughts in others. Let's try to avoid focusing our own pain over Taylor on Wilbon, and instead focus it on praying for Taylor's recovery and the capture and punishment of the people who did this.

Posted by: AlanKlink | November 26, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I am more irritated with Wilbon's 2nd answer. I asked him to explain his thoughts on Taylor especially since Samuels, Portis, and others had been praising him all year and all he does is pull the race card. "Sorry, but I'n not in the habit of having comapanies with their own public relations agenda tell me about black men and what they feel or don't feel. Pardon me if I'm not that easy."

Posted by: tlehtone | November 26, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Wilbon's lack of sensitivity in this case is unacceptable. He should keep his mouth shut until all of the facts are known. Won't he look like a j@ck@$$ if Sean doesn't pull through and it was a home invasion?

If that turns out to be the case, Wilbon belongs with Marge Schott and Don Imus.

Posted by: ellinwoods | November 26, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Is it possible that Wilbon knows something that we bloggers don't know?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 26, 2007 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Amy Shipley (WP Reporter) on ESPN News just quoted Sean's family as "he's doing alright"

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Alright or AIEEET?

Posted by: smhct | November 26, 2007 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Fair enough LH, but it also seems to fit the M-O of a burglary with the burglar panicking because they expected the property to be empty.

And I don't want to know how you know so much about home invasions....

Posted by: Redcoat | November 26, 2007 4:37 PM | Report abuse

For updates as well:

Posted by: commish | November 26, 2007 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Is it possible that Wilbon knows something that we bloggers don't know?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 26, 2007 04:33 PM

About the only thing he knows that i don't is what its like to have a head that looks like a penis.

Posted by: sams3 | November 26, 2007 4:37 PM | Report abuse

more facts:

sean was defending his family with a machetti/big knife.

sean had pitbulls but got rid of them recently.

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 04:30 PM

Great points dealer. This info would have been available to the shooter. It makes it pretty easy to pull a firearm when you know the victim can't shoot back...

Posted by: jcooke539 | November 26, 2007 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Treat this as a rumor if you like, but I have a friend who is a resident at the Hospital that Taylor is being treated and apparently Taylor was also shot somewhere in the chest. From what my doctor friend can gather from the OR Doctors, Taylor took 50 units of blood during his surgery. When I asked if that was a lot of blood to take, my firend said that during unusually bloody procedures, the patients take only about 6-7 units of blood. The unspoken opinion in the hospital is that he won't survive. I hope they're wrong and hate to think about anyone's life being cut short, but it's unlikely.

Posted by: Kaan56 | November 26, 2007 4:39 PM | Report abuse

ga8085, Last night we were laying in to Gibbs play calling and game managment, what a difference a day makes! I can't believe this! FIGHT SEAN FIGHT!!!!!

Posted by: redryan400 | November 26, 2007 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Hope Sean pulls through this, and anybody who says a man can't change his ways is full of crap. I hope he pulls through this for his family, especially his daughter. I don't know the man personally, but those guys in the locker room probably know him better than anybody else outside his family. And when they say the man has changed for the better, I believe them.

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 26, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse

you guys know i had boycotted 980 but today i went back to them and to hear big john talk about this was so appropriate. if anyone has the right to say anything about troubled black youth in this city, coast, country. it is him.

i can't do this...gotta stay positive and can't sink to wilbon's level. not today.

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse

NCICURN, I don't see Wilbon saying that people can't change or leave their past behind. During the chat, he sites Zeke as an example of someone that has done this.

Wilbon is saying that he does not believe that Taylor ever divorced himself from the thug world so he is not surprised by the shooting. Again, Wilbon would have more insight into Taylor than any of us.

If Wilbon said or even intimated that Taylor deserved to be shot, I would have a problem. I do not read the transcript that way.

Posted by: CBT | November 26, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kaan56 | November 26, 2007 04:39 PM
I HOPE THERE IS NO TRUTH TO THIS AT ALL
50 UNITS OF BLOOD CAN'T BE GOOD FOR HIS BRAIN( THEY SAID EARLIER THEY WERE WORRIED ABOUT POSSIBLY BRAIN INJURY)

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

"Treat this as a rumor if you like, but I have a friend who is a resident . . . "

Not only is that a rumor, it's also a HIPPA violation that can result in up to a $100,000 fine for the hospital and your "friend". I suggest he retake the classes regarding federal patient privacy laws.

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Kaan. For anybody that isn't aware, critical condition is the worst condition and means that death is probable within 24 hours. So prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 26, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Prayers and Love for Sean! My heart and thoughts go out to him and his family at this time!!

Posted by: strech3120 | November 26, 2007 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: redryan400 | November 26, 2007 04:39 PM

I know. It really puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

Posted by: ga8085 | November 26, 2007 4:43 PM | Report abuse

NCICURN ARE YOU A DR?
JUST CURIOUS

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:45 PM | Report abuse

This is going to be a dark sunday at FedEx. It's going to be a very emotional game.

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 26, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

No she's an ICU nurse in North Carolina...

Did I get it right>?

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

drischord DC said: "If you make it through, we can only hope that you'll move your family up here and out that Miami cesspool."

Hate to break it to you but according to the latest "safest cities" statistics Miami is 327 and D.C. is 353 so maybe you should ease down off your high-horse there.

And as for everyone who's so upset by Wilbon, he certainly never suggested that Taylor deserved to get shot, only that he's not surprised it happened. There's a world of difference here. It's like saying "I'm not surprised that Chad Johnson got fined by the NFL again."

Posted by: wsgorham | November 26, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 26, 2007 04:42 PM
--------------------------------------

Acutally, there's "guarded" and "grave" conditions that go beyond the "critical" label. Critical does not mean death w/in 24 hours; it means the patient is currently unstable and requiring many interventions to stabilize. One can be in "critical" condition for days/weeks.

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

For those of you critizing Wilbon for being a reporter who brings his personal feelings into a story, remember, Wilbon is not a reporter. He is a columnist and is paid to give an opinion. JLa is paid to report the facts, Wilbon, Wise, etc. are paid to give opinion. Disagree if you want, but his positions are well thought out, even if you may not agree with them.

Posted by: rmfsports | November 26, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Redcoat, I am assuming his home isn't exactly small and that Taylor's BR isn't next to the point of entry. It's hard to believe that a burglar or anyone intending to rob the place entered the home, walked through the house to the bedroom without knowing someone was home.

I'm sure the cops aren't telling the media everything they know because they don't want everyone privy to what only the perp should know. I'm interested to here news as the investigation continues.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | November 26, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

St. Joe is trying not to cry. My goodness....

Posted by: JustMe | November 26, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

CBT, because ST didn't talk to ANY media, and because Wilbon doesn't cover the Redskins, how would Wilbon come to know ST in the manner that he(Wilbon) is suggesting?

It's nothing more than speculation on Wilbon's part, and in poor taste.

Posted by: gregmarino88 | November 26, 2007 4:47 PM | Report abuse

NCICURN can't be a doctor since he misspelled HIPAA!

Posted by: ellinwoods | November 26, 2007 4:47 PM | Report abuse

You FUC**** pathetic retards This criminal who came from this lifestyle and continued with it was arrested for threatening people with GUNS(you & gibbs excused)Drunk driving (you & gibbs excused) Multiple fines from NFL for CHEAP HITS(you praised gibbs forgave)NO SIGNIFICANT CHARITIES to speak of with his millions, No respect for anyone but himself (you excuse gibbs ignores)He was a risk when gibbs drafted him and you get what you deserve!! Why dont you try praying for all the little kids murdered today?? turn on news and quit embarrasing yourselfs!! I will be selling usual amounts of kool-aide today!!

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 4:49 PM | Report abuse

ga8085, Yeah it does. What a Shi*** couple of days! I'm just hoping for the best and praying for the whole team! I can't even work today, this is awful.

Posted by: redryan400 | November 26, 2007 4:49 PM | Report abuse

No she's an ICU nurse in North Carolina...

Did I get it right>?

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 04:46 PM

________________________________________

I just realized that since it was a nurse I assumed it was a "she".

Very, very sorry.

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm a Registered Nurse in an ICU in NC. And I'm a "he". Sorry about my misspelling, but if you think MD's can misspelll--you should try reading some charts.

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Mentioning scum taylor in same breath as Ron Springs shows how WARPED you low life scum skin fans are!

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 4:51 PM | Report abuse

ACTUALLY BUDDY IF YOU READ THE REPORT ON MSNBC IT TALK ABOUT HOW HE WAS TRYING TO IMPROVE EDUCATION PROGRAMS IN MIAMI AND DONATING MONEY TO THE SCHOOL SYSYTEMS KNOW WTF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:51 PM | Report abuse

No problem james--common perception when I work in a field overwhelmingly female.

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Injury report will say groin injury

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Not to defend Wilbon (cause he didn't get shot) but he made a point of distinguishing between growing up in the hood (he references Isaiah Thomas) and trying to "keep it real" once you have made enough money to move out of the hood (Mike Vick is our poster boy here).

Until the brothers realize that there is NOTHING to be gained by running with your knucklehead boys from "back in the day" once you have made it, we will still have Mike Vicks and Sean Taylors...sorry to say.

Posted by: keithrjackson | November 26, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

I spoke with Amy and don't put too much stock in that. She got that from a family member and it's outdated....

Posted by: TheCindy | November 26, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Again NCICURN

sorry for the gender bias.

I worked in a hospital for years and I never got the impression dr's couldnt spell, but I often wondered who taught them to write.

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Not today kool-aide-4sale, not today...

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 26, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Koolaid boy, Go to the cowgirl sight and leave us alone! You don't deserve to be on this website. Your a f*cking a**h*le!

Posted by: redryan400 | November 26, 2007 4:54 PM | Report abuse

when's the last time wilbon made a trip to Redskins Park? For that matter, when's the last time Wilbon has stepped foot in any team facility or locker room? He seems to be pertually in Arizona or on location for MNF. Wake up Washington Post and rid yourself of this washed up, self righteous, self promoter.

Posted by: 1buj | November 26, 2007 4:54 PM | Report abuse

jessie,

Any person who would critisize someone right now simply because he isn't a skins fan doesn't deserve to be responded to or corrected.

Ignore the @ssclown.

Posted by: SeanTizzy2DaHizzy | November 26, 2007 4:54 PM | Report abuse

kool-aide4sale you have already been banned on two different accounts. Shooting for third time's a charm? Put your tinfoil hat back on and log off the Internet before mommy gets home.

Posted by: knightmese | November 26, 2007 4:55 PM | Report abuse

JESSE MORON PUNK BIATCH SCUM TAYLOR HAS BEEN IN LEAGUE 4 YRS and MILLIONS MILLIONS MILLIONS MILLIONS of dollars and thats All you got??

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 4:55 PM | Report abuse

I don't know that what Michael Wilbon wrote is that wrong. He's not a reporter, he's a columnist which means that he gives opinion; he's not required to simply write unopinionated facts; his job is to write what he believes and let people make their own decisions about the facts. His job as a columnist is to write what he thinks, the way he sees it; he is supposed to give his opinion. And further, he was writing in a chat; again, not in a straight news article. He is not required, nor should he, nor should any of us, to change his view and "offer compassion" because of the circumstances. It would be wrong for Mr. Wilbon to write or say "Well, he's in a hurt right now, so let me say that he was always a great guy, a perfect role model, damned good person, but once he recovers I'll say some other things." Mr. Wilbon may have been nonchalant (to repeat what someone else wrote) but Mr. Taylor was not an unblemished athlete; he was a highly visible athlete who got in trouble repeatedly and was arrogant; that, essentially, is what Mr. Wilbon was saying. Did Mr. Taylor change? Did he become a less disruptive or troubled athlete? Maybe, perhaps. But, what Mr. Wilbon was saying essentially was that it would be one thing for Mr. Taylor to demonstrate his change of manner and demeanor; it's another thing for his spokesmen or Redskins spokesmen to try to get people to accept his change simply because they put out press releases and make statements (people on his payroll or on the payroll of people who pay Mr. Taylor) that he's changed. All that Mr. Wilbon was saying is that if the proof of the maturing process (as Joe Gibbs called it) is public relations people saying so, then that's not sufficient, and it's also that maturity changes do not come as easily as public relations people saying it happened.

As for the person who wrote about Mr. Wilbon's objectivity, "How about someone ask him this: How well do you know Sean Taylor? Do we have Dr. Phil working at the Post now?" Is everyone here objective or a Dr. Phil now fully accepting Mr. Taylor as having been a perfect person, a role model? It seems that there's been an overwhelming attitude of he's a great man; great individual; Mr. Wilbon simply said that Mr. Taylor wasn't before, that he didn't believe the "hood attitude" was gone (something many people here seem to think) and that while he felt compassion, his overall view of Mr. Taylor hasn't and wouldn't change because of the situation; it's hard to see what's wrong with that view.
Sorry, but I don't think Mr. Wilbon was out of line.

Posted by: Dungarees | November 26, 2007 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Cindy.

Posted by: NCICURN | November 26, 2007 4:55 PM | Report abuse

kool-aide4sale you are a very distrurbed individual.

My guess is that you are partially retarded or just the scumbag of all scumbags.

Either way, would love to meet you one day so I could get your ass.

What a total loser to bring that crap in here when people are concerned about a mans life.

SCUMBAG!

Posted by: jdallen | November 26, 2007 4:55 PM | Report abuse

IT'S JUST DISRESPECTFUL.

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 4:56 PM | Report abuse

What a horrible, horrible day. As much as this sickens me and all of us, we can't lose sight that these senseless, ridiculous acts happen across the country every day to people and their families. Many of us (definitely me) live in our private cocoons of relative privilege that we sometimes forget things like this that some people deal with daily.

For what it's worth, I don't pray because Sean is or is not famous. I pray because I'm human and powerless and it's the only thing I know to do in situations such as this where something saddens me so much.

I hope Sean's family, both his blood relatives and his Redskins family, are able to come together and cope and, God forbid, grieve.

What a senseless act, a horrible situation. Terrible.

Posted by: PDiddy | November 26, 2007 4:56 PM | Report abuse

This is just another example of thug life gone bad...As a society we have become very numb to this and tend to accept it. Such a shame..

Posted by: smhct | November 26, 2007 4:57 PM | Report abuse

joe gibbs: "last weekend i excused sean to go back to miami because his house was burgalaized. he came back to ashburn on tuesday to receive treatment. he went back for thanksgiving and to get a second opinion from a doctor in miami/florida."

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

It's nothing more than speculation on Wilbon's part, and in poor taste.

Posted by: gregmarino88 | November 26, 2007 04:47 PM

I am assuming that as a sport journalist/reporter, Wilbon has a certain insight into the players (both directly and through his fellows colleagues at the WaPo).

I know that my only knowledge is what is reported through the media.

Posted by: CBT | November 26, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

knightmese mommy is a high powered atty that would luv to take the posts money for DISCRIMINATION!!

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

User reviews and comments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site.

Cindy, seriously get this heartless and malicious person blocked.

Ridiculous.

Posted by: Dorf | November 26, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CMoney1 | November 26, 2007 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Well, on a side note, we again get more evidence about how crass, rude, heartless, mean spirited, ignorant and classless Dalls fans are.....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 26, 2007 4:59 PM | Report abuse

You people need to refocus to what the issue is....it is NOT Mike Wilbon! Mike Wilbon is only stating something that is fact, and true to people born and raised in the "type" of communities, he, Mike Wilbon, is speaking of and he himself can relate to from ACTUAL true life experience. Sean Taylor's upbringing and who he was/is hangin' around after college, is what HAS NOT changed and Mike Wilbon is only stating facts about it. If the people you hang around DOESN'T change, then Yes, I am NOT surprised about anything more that is reported or happens to you. That right there people is what the real issue is....why Sean Taylor is still involved, from either side of crime" is a sad story in itself, BUT it is NOT huge news, BECAUSE Sean has a HISTORY of this type of stuff happening to him. Get off the boat on the Mike Wilbon stuff.

Sean Taylor, why tragic (not really known, not much has been reported, BUT a few facts), all our hearts and hope for the best, BUT, this is in gods hands now. I bleed "Burgendy and Gold" and selfishly I know if #21 was in there vs. the Cowboys and Eagles, this would not have happend to #21 nor would the Skins be 5-6 (that is the selfish part of my feelings). I pray for Sean's recovery, that he makes it through, BUT again, it is in Gods hands.

Finally, again, this is not a Mike Wilbon issue, he comments are spoken from his true life expereinces (upbringing on the south side of Chi Town) - so don't blame him for his comments, he is one of the few writers WHO can write and state his feelings, because he lived it himself!

Posted by: talbottj | November 26, 2007 4:59 PM | Report abuse

Why spell out discriminiation and abbreviate love.

there's the problem with society.

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 5:00 PM | Report abuse

While a man may try to walk away from his old school crime happy friends, they may not always be willing to let you walk away from them. It makes you sick to believe it, but jealousy can make people do some seriously evil things. Whatever the case may be, I hope he comes out of this coma.

Posted by: kurtus25 | November 26, 2007 5:00 PM | Report abuse

AND KOOL-AIDE YOU SPELLED MY NAME WRONG. YOU OBVIOUSLY COULD GIVE TWO SHI*S IF ST LIVES OR DIES SO WHY ARE YOU IN HERE WASTING YOUR TIME TALKING ABOUT IT WITH US . YOUR LIFE MUST BE REALLY SAD TO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO. ISN'T RUGRATS ON OR SOME CARTOON YOUR CHILDISH AS* COULD BE WATCHING RIGHT NOW

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 5:01 PM | Report abuse

joe gibbs also excused him from practice to attack other men with guns!! Im sure all of you sleep with a machte or LoNGGG knife at your bed?? He was afraid of more then a break in morons!!

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Always blame everybody else except the TOP 10 picks in the NFL draft? morons this is just another incident among many!

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:04 PM | Report abuse

AND HOW MANY BREAK IN'S INVOLVE THE INTRUDER HAVING A WHEAPON..OH YEAH THATS RIGHT ABOUT 95% JACKAS*

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 5:04 PM | Report abuse

More than.

Posted by: trink | November 26, 2007 5:04 PM | Report abuse

jessy
rugrats is a dang good show and im offened you would talk about it in a bad way

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:05 PM | Report abuse

You'll need all that kool-aide in he11.

Posted by: ellinwoods | November 26, 2007 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Please ITA

Posted by: johndinhouston | November 26, 2007 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Any new information from the presser by Gibbs

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 5:06 PM | Report abuse

OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE A SAD SAD LITTLE MAN
YOU ARE THE REASON DALLAS FANS GET A BAD NAME YOU ARE PROOF THAT THEY REALLY DO SUCK..

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Hey can we just ignore the trollz, seriously....they will just go away if you dont play with them...

also it is a somber day enough all caps...its the equivalent to yelling

Also Wilbon's entitled to his opinion, and it does come from a some what informed place. I thought he came off crass and should have held tighter until more facts were out, but its really not the issue...just something more for people to yell about.

Posted by: chrislarry | November 26, 2007 5:07 PM | Report abuse

TO ALL THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT SEAN TAYLOR. I AM LEAVING WORK NOW, GOODNIGHT TO YOU ALL
SEAN KEEP FIGHTING...WE LOVE YOU
GO SKINS

Posted by: jessie31202 | November 26, 2007 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Jessie, take the CAPS off and ignore a person that is clearly here to be hurtful and cruel.

Stay positive.

Posted by: Dorf | November 26, 2007 5:08 PM | Report abuse

jessy your showing your age when you misspell easy words like (weapons)and how many INTRUDERS come back more then once MORON!! Your backing a criminal deep in criminal activity moron

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:08 PM | Report abuse

kool aide4sale
As I stated before, I sleep with a weapon under my bed yet I'm not a thug. I'm paranoid about someone breaking into my place yet I don't have enemies. It's called protecting yourself in violent times regardless of if you're a part of it or not. So go suck on mommy's teet you little ignorant punk.

Posted by: ga8085 | November 26, 2007 5:08 PM | Report abuse

INTRUDERS DONT COME BACK JESSY

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Don't tar all Dallas fans with the same brush just because some jerk puts up a rude, heartless comment. All true Cowboys fans respect his abilites as a football player and are praying for Sean's recovery. The Cowboys/Redskins rivalry has no place here today; this is a matter of life and death and not a game.

Posted by: backnine2000 | November 26, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Agree. ITA. kool-aide's rants about football are amusing and all in good fun. His rants today are crass, insensitive, and obscene.

As for Wilbon, he's basically a shock jock these days (why all the yelling on PTI???) Let it go. The only thing that matters right now is Sean Taylor's health. Everything else is irrelevant.

Posted by: PDiddy | November 26, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

WEAPONS BY HIS BED JESSY

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Wise just said on WPL that he has a vibe that the guys think he'll survive. I know it's juat an opinion with no basis other than gut feeling, but God I hope he's right

Posted by: JS26121820 | November 26, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

mike wise just did a d'oh!. i don't think writers should be allowed in live settings. he just said "looks like he's going to make it" and russ from CSN said "that would be something new, did you hear something new?"...

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

chrislarry

can we agree that if it were a white guy that said it that Wilbon would not hesitate to twist it to mean that the columnist meant "he had it coming".

Wilbon pulls the race card every chance he gets...he was hypocritical

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

------------

Posted by: smhct | November 26, 2007 04:57 PM
-----------

does anyone have an example of "thug life gone good"?

Posted by: tab5g1 | November 26, 2007 5:11 PM | Report abuse

YOU MUST FEEL SORRY FOR MIKE TYSON JESSY

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:12 PM | Report abuse

CBT & LH - I don't know what everyone's specific problem is with Wilbon is, but mine is directly related to the comment about 'his PR firm telling him about black men'.

The problem is Wilbon doesn't know Taylor. Taylor doesn't talk to anybody, including Wilbon. I assume his PR firm is the redskins' players and coaches, especially CP and Moss. What is his problem with that? I don't understand the comment at all and sounds like he has prior prejudice toward something I can't put my finger on (maybe family member who has disappointed him in the past?).

That comment was insensitive very similar to the tone of Jason Whitlock who have seemed to not claim the black race at all. That's what I hear from that Wilbon comment. We need to bigger and hope for the best. Not being stuck in what your feelings towards someone is before the tragedy. Does he deserve this? I am not the one to judge........

Posted by: RightWay | November 26, 2007 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 05:08 PM
=============

And Kool-Aide...you're showing your age, by not knowing the difference between your and you're.

Also, please lets stay away from the personal attacks right now (i.e. Wilbon, et al) until all the facts are revealed.

Right now this message board should be used solely for coming together behind a terrible incident. Not for spewing the hatred and bile that seems to be taking over in the past few minutes/hours.

Stay strong Sean! Stay Strong Taylors! Stay Strong Skins' Fans!

Hail!

Posted by: StumptownChris | November 26, 2007 5:12 PM | Report abuse

TAYLOR JUST LIKE TYSON GET WHAT THEY DESERVE JESSY

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:13 PM | Report abuse

agreed.

btw, mike wise was totally just guessing. there was absolutely nothing he knew that we didn't. he was just assuming that ST would be okay. again a D'oh! moment for another wapo writer in a live setting.

Cindy, do something! :)

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 5:14 PM | Report abuse

I hope the NFL considers a postponement of the Bills game. I can't imagine being able to summon the intensity and focus to play a game in 6 days. If guys come out just going through the motions (and who could blame them?), they not only would lose the game but more importantly would be at a much greater risk of injury than normal.

Posted by: JS26121820 | November 26, 2007 5:14 PM | Report abuse

MAKE SHORE YOU FIND OUT ABOUT ALL HIS CHARITIES HE PARTICIPATED AND GAVE TO AND LIST ALL OF THEM JESSY

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Curious to know why no updates over the last 2 hours from JLC after updates every 30 minutes or so for most of the day

Posted by: slayterdeepwood | November 26, 2007 5:15 PM | Report abuse

not to feed the TA but i sleep with a big knife between my mattress. and i always take my 3 iron with me too when i hear something downstairs.

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 5:16 PM | Report abuse

I have to say a few things here. First and foremost Our prayers go out to the Taylor family. This is terrible. Second-to JDallen, I have 2 retarded, actually Autistic, sons and they have more sense then koolaide 4 sale. You owe an apology to all retarded folks. 3rd-Kooladie 4sale-you owe an apology to every one. We actually should be saying a prayer for you. You need help.

Posted by: jandlml | November 26, 2007 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Joe Gibbs kept speaking about Sean Taylor in the past tense during the press conference. That hit me really hard.

Not only was Taylor a joy to watch on the field, he seemed to have really matured as a person over the past year. His press conference from late Spring was a thing of beauty. This "thug" who had been tossed from games for spitting and fined for illegal, vicious hits was well mannered, articulate, even witty. I realized just how lucky the Redskins were to have Taylor when I watched and listened to him during that conference.

Posted by: mugamack | November 26, 2007 5:17 PM | Report abuse

This is so horrible- Sean means so much to his team, his fans, and I'm sure his family. This is a true tragedy, and I am totally at a loss for words. I can only pray that he pulls through.

Posted by: jpettib | November 26, 2007 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Redskinettes were a below avg team with or without him and what ever happened would always get EXCUSES FROM KOOL-AIDE drinking redskinette fans!! sip sip guzzle gulp guzzle gulp sip farrttt burp sip gulp guzzle BURPPPPPPPPppppppppppp

Posted by: kool-aide4sale | November 26, 2007 5:18 PM | Report abuse

amy shipley just reported jason's story. situation "very dire".

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 5:18 PM | Report abuse

I hate to say this, but in this day and age, the fact that there have been no updates for the last couple of hours is not a good sign at all. I realize that we need to respect the families privacy, but if there were good news at this point, it would probably have been shared.

What a horrible, horrible day.

Posted by: johndinhouston | November 26, 2007 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, I may have missed this, but is Jasno in Miami? Does WaPo have anyone at the hospital?

Posted by: CBT | November 26, 2007 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: slayterdeepwood | November 26, 2007 05:15 PM

On his way to Miami?

Posted by: kohastings | November 26, 2007 5:19 PM | Report abuse

I live live in a good neighbourhood, and don't know anyone who has been robbed, let alone shot. Yet I keep a cricket bat under my bed.

Posted by: kost52 | November 26, 2007 5:20 PM | Report abuse

"The show must go on." I don't know if a postponement is even possible given the way the schedule is setup.

Part of being a pro, indeed part of being an adult, is being able to focus on the task at hand, even as the world swirls uncontrollably around you. The coaches will have their hands full keeping the team focused.

But we're getting ahead of ourselves here. Right now, the only issue at hand is Sean Taylor's health.

Posted by: PDiddy | November 26, 2007 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Sounds like Amy's there, so I wouldn't assume they're sending JLa

Posted by: JS26121820 | November 26, 2007 5:22 PM | Report abuse

We all pray for Sean's Taylors recovery. Please him and his family in these trying times. For the a##hole why don't you go jump off the nearest bridge.

Fight 21, Fight like you got TO in your sights.

Posted by: DONSUNO | November 26, 2007 5:23 PM | Report abuse

i think amy shipley from washpost is at the hospital

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: davidbrowne3377 | November 26, 2007 04:04 PM

Davidbrowne3377...wake up. A guy you spoke to saw something about Taylor on a couple stations in Florida? Who is "the guy you spoke to"..do us a favor and any of you that "Heard this or heard that"...shut up. I live in Florida and there are NO media outlets TV/radio/print that reporting that. Let the media do it's work on getting the facts out. The media is certainly not perfect either because we know how they love to speculate but some of you who criticize the media for that come on here and do the same thing with your "I heard this" or "some guy I talked to heard this." You're no more guilty of doing it than the media. So don't say anything at all until you've read confirmed facts by people doing their jobs. Let the journalists work this story for you.

As for the kool aid for sale dude. C'mon people don't pay him any attention for being ignorant. Guy certainly has no heart or feelings considering the situation and has no life if he makes a conscious effort to come on here and be stupid. His posts or lack of heart obviously show what kind of true person he is..and it has no bearing on you or anyone else for that matter. Ignore it.

Get well soon #21. May you recover fully and play football again someday.

Posted by: Jonamath | November 26, 2007 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Good Job Jesse, he'll stop soon. It's called extinction burst. It's what children do before they give up. Their tantrums get louder and more raucus and then they finally quit.

Hopefully this troll will crawl back under his bridge soon.

Posted by: SeanTizzy2DaHizzy | November 26, 2007 5:24 PM | Report abuse

I know the Bills game is secondary and don't mean to insinuate otherwise. I'm just concerned about risking injury to players that are focused on their brother and not the game. Half speed play=injuries

Posted by: JS26121820 | November 26, 2007 5:24 PM | Report abuse

that was ominous...gathering new update

Posted by: JS26121820 | November 26, 2007 5:25 PM | Report abuse

An Ohio Redskins fan pulling for Sean to make it, and to be as good as new.

Wilbon's comments sound totally inappropriate. Wait until we have all the facts. And whatever the circumstances surrounding the shooting, we're talking about a man's life. Have some decency, Wilbon.

Posted by: chrisohio | November 26, 2007 5:26 PM | Report abuse

I'm sorry I meant Please bless his family.

Posted by: DONSUNO | November 26, 2007 5:26 PM | Report abuse

I didnt see or hear the Gibbs presser, but hearing about the past tense thing has my stomach hurting even more than it already did.

Posted by: james.harwell | November 26, 2007 5:28 PM | Report abuse

I fear the worst here. Everyone who has spoken in the past few hours is using his name in the past tense. Why hasnt the hospital at least put out a statement?

Posted by: dave197391 | November 26, 2007 5:29 PM | Report abuse

why not grab a doctor?????

cindy's on csn

Posted by: dealer | November 26, 2007 5:29 PM | Report abuse

i hope they draft his cousin, anthony leon, in sean's memory.

Posted by: sales | November 26, 2007 5:30 PM | Report abuse

I could swear I thought Russ was going to announce his passing coming out of the break...this just feels bad. I'm not optimistic and my wife will tell you I'm an optimist by nature. Just my gut I hope I'm wrong

Posted by: JS26121820 | November 26, 2007 5:30 PM | Report abuse

come on brother, you got to get through this my man. im prayin for you, just come out of it so you can see your teamates make a run for you.

Posted by: mrodlauer | November 26, 2007 5:31 PM | Report abuse

I know we would like to speculate what happened, what is the wise thing for Sean to have done or place to have been....

but for now, I suggest we be reminded our days are numbered by God, and we are all so vulnerable.

Praying for Sean Taylor.

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | November 26, 2007 5:31 PM | Report abuse

new post

Posted by: JS26121820 | November 26, 2007 5:33 PM | Report abuse

my take on it is some lunatic fan who got mad about some game, possibly when he spat on pittmann, and he decided to do something about it and he took it way to far. i know sometimes i just want to throw something at the ref, but someone broke into his house many times before, it seems to me like it was a premeditated murder attempt

Posted by: mrodlauer | November 26, 2007 5:34 PM | Report abuse

PTI has started and Wilbon said his first thought is "disturbing". Disturbing on a number of levels, including that Wilbon wasn't surprised.

But Wilbon went on to say that there were reports from all quaters that Taylor was "evolving" into a better person.

Not PTI's finest moment.

For some reason, my "racism" and "cynical corporate greed" alarms are going off with ESPN's coverage of Sean Taylor. Not one live reporter on the scene yet? Going with chipper pre-recorded programming? Just seems like a half-hearted effort, and considerably less coverage than say, OJ, or Rothlesberger getting hit by a car.

Posted by: mugamack | November 26, 2007 5:36 PM | Report abuse

I just saw PTI. Wilbon basically said he wasn't surprised to hear this, but he reiterated that Shawn was starting to turn his life around and it's tragic.

Come on, #21. Hang in there. Lots of us praying or cheering or whatever we do.

Posted by: messykat | November 26, 2007 5:36 PM | Report abuse

First of all, my thoughts and prayers go out to ST and his family. Here's hoping he pulls through and make a full recovery.

Secondly, I read the Chat House transcript and Wilbon's comments didn't strike me as particularly inappropriate. Sure, he was a bit brusque, but that's more-or-less his style. But I certainly didn't take it as an attack on ST.

Posted by: js_edit | November 26, 2007 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Oh I meant to say that. I didn't see anything wrong with Wilbon's comments, although I do wish he'd forget about being a black man for maybe 10 minutes. But that's nothing new for him.

Posted by: messykat | November 26, 2007 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Love and prayers to Sean Taylor and his family. I hope he pulls through and is back on the field soon.

Posted by: luvtheskins428 | November 26, 2007 5:48 PM | Report abuse

luv and prayers to a gun weilding petty criminal who had 0 RESPECT for SAINT JOE!

Posted by: jm220sukreaperdoo | November 26, 2007 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Obviously its a tragic situation but like i told a friend about Chris Henry from the Bengals...if your going to embrace that "thug life" mantra well then you have to be willing to suffer the consenquences....this is a guy who bargained his way out of two felony counts of brandashing a weapon....the world has a way of evening things out...dont live the thug life if you cant handle the pain.

Posted by: a_bendter | November 26, 2007 6:22 PM | Report abuse

"Is it possible that Wilbon knows something that we bloggers don't know?"

Of course it's not just possible, it's probable - - as Wilbon time and time again reminds his readers! After all, he's best friends with every GM, every coach, every athlete, every expert in every sport, professional and college. His opionions are fact/truth - disagree with him, and he'll put you in your place. Happens every week on Monday's chat. While other columnists seem to respect your opinion, and show a reasonable degree of sensitivity to the human element, this decency escapes Wilbon. This is not the time for "I told you so!" Mike, this is a time to be reflect and show some sensitivity. Frankly, I'm tired of him telling me how great Chicago is, how lame D.C. and it's fans are. Agreed, he has the freedom to say what he thinks, and I have the freedom to disagree, and for now on, simply ignore.

Posted by: Jenners | November 26, 2007 10:35 PM | Report abuse