Sellers on Season's Hardest Part: 'You Reporters.'

Pro Bowl fullback Mike Sellers, who was elected one of the Redskins' six captains prior to the season, spoke with the media Wednesday for the first time since his confrontation with running back Clinton Portis became public late last week. In a three-minute session, Sellers essentially said the media was at the root of the team's problems and that he will remain positive.

Asked what the hardest part of the season has been thus far, Sellers said: "You reporters."

When a reporter followed up by asking, "How so?", Sellers said, "Next question."

Sellers declined to answer questions following Sunday's loss at Carolina. When reporters approached him Wednesday, he said, "I'm going to tell y'all right now, don't ask me anything negative. Don't ask me anything remotely negative."

Sellers, who shares special teams captaincy with Rock Cartwright, was asked what he must do as a designated team leader. "Lead," he said. "Positivity. Positivity's the key word. You have to be positive. You guys do a great job of reporting the negative. We got to keep it positive."

Some of the back and forth follows:

How do you do that? "Stay positive," he said. "Preach being positive."

Is it tough staying positive whether it's on the field or whatever? "I'm always positive."

Are you and CP cool? "Me and CP are great. Next question."

When you look at the Chiefs' defense, what comes to mind? "They're a good defense. They haven't won games, but they're a good defense. They haven't had the breaks."

How do you guys keep your head where it needs to be? "Key word, positivity. No negativity. Period. Don't give none. Don't show it. Be positive."

As a team, are you guys able to do that? "I know I am. My job as a leader is to be positive and I'm going to be positive toward my teammates."

As the crowd broke up, Sellers was asked one more question about whether he heard what Portis said about their dust-up -- in which sources said Sellers was upset that Portis had gone to coaches and complained about Sellers's blocking. On Tuesday, Portis made his weekly appearance on ESPN-980's "John Thompson Show" and said he and Sellers are "fine."

"I'm not worried about it," Sellers said. "I don't care what he said. It doesn't bother me. He's not my coach."

"Why would I listen to that?" Samuels said. "I hear about it. Trust me. Coaches and players, we talk. I don't pick up the paper looking for the sports section. I don't look at the news looking for highlights of us. ... It would be depressing to listen to that."

"I could care less what you guys say," cornerback DeAngelo Hall said. "They going to love, they going to hate you, they going to love you again. It comes with the job -- like heckling comes with the territory, too. Fans say all kinds of stuff to you on the road. You can't go in the stands and whoop one of them.

"That's the bottom line: It comes with the job. I don't buy into that at all. If you [are] that thin-skinned, then you [are] probably in the wrong profession. If you let the media come out here and tell you you can't play and we're not good and you believe it, [then] you weak-minded, you weak-minded."

By Barry Svrluga and Paul Tenorio  |  October 14, 2009; 2:45 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hall: 'I Don't Know If We've Got the Right Personnel'
Next: Punter Situation Remains in Flux

Comments

Way to go Captain Cupcake!

Posted by: Masonman | October 14, 2009 2:49 PM | Report abuse

WE SUCK AGAIN!!!!!

Posted by: peterandmeredith | October 14, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I've lost an incalculable amount of respect for Sellers this season. Good players and good teams can block out the media. Of course, the owner isn't doing his team any favors by allowing speculation to fill in his own silence.

Sellers shouldn't be whining about the media. He should be focused on doing his job better.

Posted by: jcabana | October 14, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ShowHimHowYouFeel | October 14, 2009 2:51 PM | Report abuse

No, Mike, the problem is you missing blocks and dropping TD passes. Make those plays and the season looks a lot different.

Also, your O-line sucks (not your fault).

Posted by: Alan4 | October 14, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Mike Sellers is a donkey

Posted by: mattylight | October 14, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

I feel bad for these guys. This season reminds me of 2006, when the season was already over before it began. Tough to see some of the guys have to live through it, when theres not much they can do about it.

No matter how good the defense/JC/RB/WRs play, the O-line is going to be the reason we have no shot this year.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Really Mike? Did the media cause you to miss several blocks. Did the media fake out Hall for a game sealing first down? Please just shut up.

Hall - You overrated piece of crap. Maybe you're no good because you can't tackle an old, QB with no moves? Or you're no good because you get beat on a regular basis?

Who cares what these two bozos think. You want to lead? How about making a play every once in a while?

Posted by: MississippiSkinsFan | October 14, 2009 2:53 PM | Report abuse

"They haven't won games, but they're a good defense."

No, no they're not. They're awful compared to any team with a good defense. Saying this is exactly why we play down to every other team's level. How about for one week, our players say "That team's a joke and we're going to steamroll them."

Maybe if our players were confident they could win they might actually win, instead of using PR speak and focusing like every team has a chance against them. They only have a chance if you let them.

Posted by: Keiser | October 14, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Sellers sounds a little fired up.

Hopefully that spreads

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

yeh... the hardest part? I'd say it's making your blocks, Cave'y. That's what the film shows, anyway.

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 14, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

MrRedskin21 = Dan Snyder

"A savior QB will lead the way!"

*Nevermind that we have 3 Lombardi trophies courtesty of 3 non-HOF QBs. Our only HOF QB never won a single postseason game.

Posted by: Alan4 | October 14, 2009 2:43 PM |
------------------------

I never said any such thing re "savior QB." I DID say it's the essential position on most NFL teams. And that INCLUDES the three Super Bowls the Redskins won. Theismann played great (the '83 Skins led the league in scoring), Williams came through when he was needed most in '87, and Rypien played absolutely lights-out in '91.

You don't need a HOF QB to win a champiosnhip, but you DO need one who can play - even if it's for only for one season - VERY well (the exception to that rule is the Ravens/Dilfer).

That being said, your cute remarks are wasted on me. Go back and read this blog and you'll see that I was a Jason Campbell supporter from the time he was drafted right up until this year.

However, I choose not to delude myself any long re his abilities (lack thereof).

I used to think the JC Haters were a joke (and I still do); now the JC Apologists have surprassd them in the area of self-delusion.

However, if it makes you feel better to call me "Snyder," "Vinny," and such-as, that's cool.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 14, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

*Repost*

PAskinsfan17,

I like your overall thought, patience is something we need to have more of in Assburn.
Two things I'm not so sure about in your post: JC is cheap THIS year, but will not be quite as cheap going forward, and if we keep this offense I honestly don't think I could watch JC for 3 more years. Just doesn't look right and is not at all accurate.
Maybe just let journeymen play qb until we get the line straight? Just a thought, and probably a dumb one ;)

Posted by: fzone | October 14, 2009 2:46 PM

Posted by: fzone | October 14, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

He's got a point. That Q&A summary makes it pretty clear, reporters want to talk about a soap opera, not football.

Posted by: LouLewis | October 14, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Tin Ear Mike?

Terryclothe Mike?

Iron Hands Mike?

Air Ball Mike?

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Because by the second read, he is on his back

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 2:46 PM

Right. Every pass play of his career he doesn't have 9 seconds to throw.

Posted by: Realness1 | October 14, 2009 2:55 PM | Report abuse

--------------------------------

This quote makes me want to literally tea-bag Sellers.

What a f ucking moron.

Maybe Sellers is really Barno1.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 14, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

Seriously Mr. Sellers?

So the media is to blame for [insert bad play of your choice here]?

Next presser I bet you'll blame the fans.

"Postivity"
"The fans booing was negativity and that made me miss my block."
"I think Mr. Snyder should do a give away at the next home game. . . give every fan a copy of the "The Secret" so they can learn the power of positive thinking."
"If the fans all think positive then we'll win for sure."

Posted by: sfskin | October 14, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

I agree sellers who are u to tell the MEDIA on what they can ask u , they dont work for you.Of course media is looking for negativity thats there job Dumb jock. Just be aMan answer the Questions,

Posted by: chinngy23 | October 14, 2009 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Watching this team is like being a highschooler in the movie Can't Buy Me Love and watching the trials and tribulations of the Ronny Miller Express.
This team has gone from totally chic to, like, totally geek.

Posted by: pgugino | October 14, 2009 2:58 PM | Report abuse

The hardest part for me, Mike? Knowing that you go into Redskins Park every week and collect a paycheck, a$$clown...

Posted by: mattylight | October 14, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

"This quote makes me want to literally tea-bag Sellers"

you know, there is not ONE thing that any of these guys could say that would make me want to do that to another male......

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 2:59 PM | Report abuse

"You guys do a great job of reporting the negative. We got to keep it positive."

I like how to sellers, the truth and facts are "negative."

shut up, block, tackle, and cash your checks moron.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 14, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Classic!

F The Media! That's the root of the problem! Praise Jeebus!

Posted by: 4-12 | October 14, 2009 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I fully stand with Mike Sellers. I, too, am sick of reporters causing the Redskins to miss blocks, drop passes, and turn the ball over. We simply can't stand for it any longer as fans.

Posted by: PDiddy | October 14, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

"This quote makes me want to literally tea-bag Sellers"

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Not this:

AH: Here take the value of my contract, guaranteed.

Hey you'd have to think on it at least. 5 seconds equals 100 mil???

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Rearranging the deck chairs part III

Here is a link to list of free agent OL next year.

Who should we go after assuming a capless fiesta smorgasbord extravaganza all you can eat is available?

Posted by: sfskin | October 14, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Joe Gibbs on Jim Zorn: 'We All Need to be Praying for Him'

Posted by: RedCherokee | October 14, 2009 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 14, 2009 2:52 PM

I'll grant that calling you "Snyder" was a low blow. I apologize for that.

But read your own post: 3 Skins QBs played VERY well for one season. All had dominant offensive lines. Coincidence?

Even Brad Johnson LEFT the Skins and won a Super Bowl in Tampa. Same QB, different team. Coincidence?

That's not delusion, my friend, those are facts. The QB is important, true, but the team he has around him is what wins games.

The Cowpies are having this same argument right now about Tony Romo. He was a Pro-Bowler when his team was stable, not he gets all the blame. That's shallow thinking.

Posted by: Alan4 | October 14, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

I heard it's also the media's fault when my dog has the runs.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 14, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

"I was doing FINE until Jesus made me drop the ball"!

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 14, 2009 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Sellers = "team leader" and "captain"? Bwwwaaahhhhaaahhahhhahhaha!!!!

Nice example, dude!

Posted by: nojunk4me | October 14, 2009 3:04 PM | Report abuse

at the end of the day JC really is just a back up. don't tell me about his completion percentage either..Dude throws 6 yard passes all day long and half of those passes were completed at or behind the line of scrimmage...its not hard to find somebody who can do that..and his INT rate is low because of his pass selection too..maybe its all he has time for but i notice that even when he does have time he holds the ball too long..he can run but he slides like a girl..he doesnt complete many long passes and he isnt the take charge guy you want running the show so tell me why we shouldn't get rid of him now for a backup and a draft pick because we need a backup and we need draft picks and after this year we won't get crap for him

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:05 PM | Report abuse

> Sellers on Season's Hardest Part: 'You Reporters.'

Anyone see this exchange? Please tell me that he was joking or sarcastic...

Posted by: JohnnyRyde | October 14, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Bean your FUNNY! But (TRUE)!

Posted by: coop2401 | October 14, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Here's a positive comment for you, Mike:

I'm pretty positive you've been missing some key blocks lately.

Emphasis, "lately." I'm on record supporting you for probowl the last couple of seasons. But not "lately." Don't know if you're hurt, have gotten old in a hurry, or lost interest.

I also know you've been forcd to block in some pretty unimpressive formations with poorly designed plays, and many times you are not asked to block at all.

As for the Media causing your problems, I'll believe that when I see Reid, LaCanfora and Costas in jocks and shoulder pads, lined up in front of you. I know sometimes it must look like that, hence the confusion.

Posted by: TheCork | October 14, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Here's some positivity:

Sellers, you've positively f'd up your job this season after getting a fat old contract.

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 14, 2009 3:06 PM | Report abuse

5. He has a split NC at Auburn.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 14, 2009 2:48 PM

No he doesn't. 2004 Undefeated consensus National Champs - USC. USC beat Soup's Auburn at the Coliseum in 2002 and shut them out at Jordan Hare in 2003. Auburn did not want to play them anymore.

Posted by: Realness1 | October 14, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

aaaack I got Corked!

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 14, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Rearranging the deck chairs part III

Here is a link to list of free agent OL next year.

Posted by: sfskin | October 14, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

I think you need to read the regulations that would come along with an uncapped year. BTW, offensive line is the most important part of the offense. We should build our own through the draft. We could use our first 2 picks this year on tackles or tackle/center, or tackle guard. They are relatively low risk and don't cost a whole lot. We could do the same thing in 2011 and be set for a decade.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 14, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Joe Gibbs is onto something. If we all pray to Jesus or Buddha or Allah or Superman we'll get better.

Personally I'll be praying to L Ron Hubbard.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 14, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

4-12:

My rhetoric has entered The Redskin Locker Room....

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." - EL-Hajj Malik El Shabazz (Malcolm X)

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 14, 2009 3:09 PM | Report abuse

"My rhetoric has entered The Redskin Locker Room....

4th floor"

Great....thanks for further wussifying the Skins locker room 4th.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 3:11 PM | Report abuse

By Barry Svrluga and Paul Tenorio

I'd expect more from a Duke grad. Sellers was asked "what the hardest part of the season has been thus far" and Sellers said: "You reporters." How to we get that he's saying the root of the teams problem are reporters. That a liberal leap in interpretation. But I guess the soap opera version is better than what was really stated.

Posted by: TWISI | October 14, 2009 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Alan4 | October 14, 2009 3:03 PM |
------------------------------
Romo has never won ANYTHING in the postseason.

To that end, he and Jason Campbell are alike. JC has never even made it to the playoffs.

Donovan McNabb is a probable HOFer, but he was BENCHED as recently as last year. He returned with renewed purpose and focus.

There is no good argument for not benching Jason Campbell - and soon - other than from those who have attached their personal pride to his ship and in turn cannot stand the thought of sitting the guy after 41 games and an 18-23 record.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 14, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

I'd get annoyed too if I had to answer the same stupid repetitive question 10 times a day about why my work sucks, when its reality its the guy next to me whos not doing his work.

Sellers isn't having a great year, but its tough to tell how much of that is him and how much is it a complete systemic failure.

The guy has been giving up his body selflessly and blowing holes open for this team for years and years, while being one of the lowest paid players on the team.

Now he says one thing to the annoying whiny media and everyone wants to turn on him?

Give me a break.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Campbell was sacked 5 times! Who's weak-minded? The ONE who doesn't care to fix the offensive line: Vinny Cerrato.

Posted by: RedCherokee | October 14, 2009 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Ive seen alot of peeps in here bang on JReid (me included) for all the negativity. The negative comments have no impact on what we do day to day. But Sellers has to deal with it personally day to day.

If you had a group of people that cornered you three times a week and basically asked you "Geez, how bad must your life suck today", you too would go off I think.

No difference than the medai in Buffalo practically putting words into TOs mouth on a weekly basis.

The media are parasites especially when things are bad. That said, the media is an important part of the foorball experience, but they are not known for their tact.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

As I said yesterday...if you think it's bad here, go play like a$$ for one of the New York teams, and you'll see how difficult the media really can be.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 14, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

"I don't blame Mike at all. I mean really, give him a break. The media is the most annoying part of being an athlete, and in Washington its even worse."

Hmmm, lets take the media out of Sports, who really just reflect the public interest level, and see if they get the mega buck contracts. Raise your hand if you'd answer dumb questions for 1.5 mil a year.

Media make sports billion dollar industries. Especially TV the ultimate TV sport.

C'mon people think.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 3:19 PM | Report abuse

CL

But to think because you accepted 1.5 million and therefore you have to nod and smile when a room full of people with microphones and lights that are intent on getting you to say something that can be twisted into something totally different...

C'mon people think

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Sellers is right! Look at the Giants. They're undefeated this season thanks in large part to a supportive and understanding local media!

Posted by: mack1 | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

This week the team has reached it's Boiling Point and the season will turn around starting Sunday! I know it for sure. They have no one to trust but themselves down there in Redskins Park!

We will beat KC and Philly as we prepare to start running the table. Zorn will FINALLY tweak his game plan.

Book it.

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 14, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

There's no good argument for starting Todd Collins either.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

does anybody here think that JC should still be here next year as the starter?? Why not trade him now for any teams bacup QB and a draft pick?

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Raise your hand if you'd answer dumb questions for 1.5 mil a year.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 3:19 PM

Ooh, oooh, I will! I will!

(as long as it didn't get in my way of laughing all the way to the bank, that is)

Posted by: fzone | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

does anybody here think that JC should still be here next year as the starter?? Why not trade him now for any teams backup QB and a draft pick?

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm, lets take the media out of Sports,

Nobody is saying that. But if the media asks a stupid open-ended question, they might get it thrown back in their face.

Posted by: LouLewis | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Cheyenne - nearly mirror posts at the same time. Well spoken.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

You'd think the film room would be the worst thing to deal with. If it isn't it should be.

Posted by: skinswest | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

"... As for reporters being the team's biggest problem, other veteran teammates dismissed the notion out of hand. ..."
- B. Svrugla & PTen

What got edited:

" ... Other veteran teammates were surprised that Sellers would even object to being asked 'Are you still beating your wife?' An anonymous veteran teammate explained 'Like when she ain't listenin, what's wrong with gettin her attention? ..."

cL re: taking on 4th quoting X ... Big Media is big power ... the country doesn't go to war unless Big Media softens it and stays 'on message' for the build up ... not sure whether that last time constitutes "modern history" yet. Perception becomes reality and no one explains what there is to be perceived as effectively as Big Media.

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM | Report abuse

It's also the media's fault that The King of Queens absolutely sucked.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 14, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Bean...

Its almost 2 oclock here and I have not yet seen any PFT reports out of you..

what gives

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Give me a break.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Ryp,

I definitely get that the media can be overbearing and tough to deal with at times, but I think several things make this statement look bad for Sellers, such as the fact that his play is down this season, he's had a couple of atrocious missed blocks (Panthers, Lions), the team in general is playing terrible football, and he is a millionaire athlete who knew that the media is part of playing pro football.

The timing of his comments are bad and make him look petty. Team leaders don't blame or call out reporters, and by doing so, he is opening himself up to criticism at a time when his performance is shall we say somewhat lacking...

Posted by: mattylight | October 14, 2009 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1

And to all the people who never took reading comprehension, he's not saying the Redskins are 2-3 BECAUSE of the media, he's saying the media is the hardest part of being 2-3.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Cheyenne-

Hence the very well practiced cliches of "One game at a time...We're all in this together...It starts with me...etc. etc."

It's all part of the job. For both player and reporter.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 14, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrRedskin21

Yeah I have one question for you. How long you think Collins is going to last with this o line? Your grandma can move faster than Collins. I hope you guys get your wish of Collins and then watch him get blown up every time he drops back.

Posted by: jm220 | October 14, 2009 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Sellers is acting like a BAMF... He has not played Smart and he hasn't played with the Violence and Urgency that he has previously... He got paid and now seems content to slide by...

I don't blaim for CP calling him out... I just think he was completely wrong and stupid in how he did it. But that could have been all twisted by the time it got to the media anyhow....

This team needs to Man up! Any player that thinks the media is being all and only negative is because that is all this team has been this season. When you basically can't score any points make repeated mistakes to blow games or ruin opportunities to score points, etc... Well what do you expect them to say... They say what they see... And what we have seen has been appauling, disgusting and simply put the SOS from this crew.

I'm over it.

Posted by: EinVB | October 14, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

It's the medias fault that it's rainy and overcast here today.

Stupid media.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 14, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

"In a three-minute session, Sellers essentially said the media was at the root of the team's problems and that he will remain positive."

ESSENTIALLY, no he didnt. Sellars, along with several members of this org., have had a rough go of it this season. But, really? He is blaming the media for everything? I see no evidence of that above. What I see is a sorry azz reporter making inflammatory accusations to rile a group of embittered fans further into froth. And wow a lot of folks are tearing into one of the most producitive guys this teams had for the last several years.

Posted by: Club320 | October 14, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

It's also the media's fault that The King of Queens absolutely sucked.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop |

See above post.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:28 PM | Report abuse

There's no good argument for starting Todd Collins either.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM |

Yes there is and it goes like this :

JC IS a back up QB as soon as he leaves here. So why not let him go VIA trade TODAY and get a backup and a draft pick in return? its not hard to find somebody to avg 150-180 yards a game and less than a TD a game. start collins, start the new backup. bring in anybody but get the pick because we are going to need it for all the holes next year. WE ARE AN OLD TEAM..WAKE UP

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

What a captain.

"Both teams played hard...."

- Rasheed Wallace

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 14, 2009 3:13 PM | Report abuse

It's not personal pride it's economics. We aren't getting anywhere by blowing draft picks on QBs. If JC still sucks after we rebuild the line then put him on the first bus to Oakland. I'm fine with that. Nobody is winning here until we build a line. I don't want a new QB because in order to get something better than Campbell we will have to use a first rounder. We can't afford to pass on a franchise left tackle in this year's draft.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Give me a break.

Posted by: Rypien11

I, for one, agree with you. The DC sports media is like a rabid animal.

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scottmando

I think he should be here. What's a backup going to do? That's the problem, we've gone through more QBs than almost every team in the league over the last 15 years. Are we supposed to draft a QB with this pick? He'll get killed just like JC unless we get an O-line.

Posted by: dcwun | October 14, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

what's that song,

Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative!

Posted by: Pensfans | October 14, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Club320

THANK YOU. I'm tired of the moronic comments (including by JR) that are saying the team is blaming the media.

Theres a big difference between blaming the media and saying the media is just freaking annoying, which they are.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

You Lie!

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 14, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

... The media in general, especially Washington media, are notorious for taking a sad song and making it worse. ...

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 3:18 PM

So, in a twisted way, seems like The Owner and DC Media are actually working toward a common goal (even though neither would admit having an actual intentional goal ... just calling them like they see them alright).

Little known fact (outside of Ohio): James Garfield (first President considered to be "assassinated") did not die of the bullet lodged in his spine, but rather from the infection from the doctors picking at it while he was recuperating. Road to hell, good intentions such as ... can never have too many cooks when making broth.

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Cheyenne-

It's all part of the job. For both player and reporter.

Posted by: 4-12

Would you rather have everyone give the same robotic Gibbsian answer everyday, or have a player actually be honest and let off some steam once in a while?

I, for one, would rather know that somebody is pissed off and taking the losses to heart.

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Mike Sellers used to be one of my favorite Skins.

Now he just sounds like a whiny child.

If he doesn't like the reporters, he should go back to the CFL.

The reason he gets to make alot of $$ is b/c this game is highly publicized.

Posted by: p1funk | October 14, 2009 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220 | October 14, 2009 3:26 PM |
------------------------

My grandma moves faster than Betts too, but the dude keeps getting carries every week.

This team has myriad problems. I for one want to find out if QB is also one of them. I want to see if Collins sucks as much in this system and with this cast as Campbell does. What's wrong with that?

That way, we can add "QB" to the list of needs that include: GM, HC, OL, LB, RB.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | October 14, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

I, for one, agree with you. The DC sports media is like a rabid animal.

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM

But the DC sports fan isn't rabid [or coked up] Lisa? You've been on this blog when hamsters are frothing at the mouth waiting for the latest juicy tidbit about the latest signing/release/suspension/breaking news story....and then seen the same hamsters beyotch that so-and-so reporter didn't "break" the news first.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 14, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

C'mon people think.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 3:19 PM

F chRIs LaRry and his unreasonable requests. Thinking is for suckers, hater.

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Latin for

"After it therefore because of it"

I have seen so many posts that suggest Sellers' contract is the reason for the fact that he has not played up to his potential.

So what about the other 52 guys on the roster...did they all just get contracts?

Its all frustration...frustration makes you feel like your back is against the wall. Historically, we have done pretty good in that roll.

Yes JC should be the strating QB next year. it will save us two years of teaching our new #1 QB that we had to overpay to learn a new system. Give him some stout O-Lineman and let him tear things up.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

oh please a rumor so something that can let redskins fans dream of a better times

Posted by: joevick | October 14, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Is ColtBrennan healthy yet?

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 14, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Give me a break.

Posted by: Rypien11

I, for one, agree with you. The DC sports media is like a rabid animal.

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

If Sellers wants a break, he's free to quit the team and actually work for a living.

No reporters will bug him behind the counter at the Post Office.

Of course if he wants to make a million bucks playing a game with a ball, he should just suck it up and take the good with the bad...

Posted by: p1funk | October 14, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

4-12, you're blaming the addict for the pusher's misdeeds.

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scottmando

Posted by: dcwun | October 14, 2009 3:30 PM | Report

What I'm saying is his contract is up..get value for him now..he is a lame duck starting QB and this offense ain't scoring with JC as the QB so trade him for what he is gonna be - somebodys back up QB and a draft pick, because after this year JC is gone anyway so get something for him. We need the picks and we will need QB depth after he's gone

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scottmando

Posted by: dcwun | October 14, 2009 3:30 PM | Report

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:26 PM

Thanks for taking what I wrote 100% serious and straightening me out Rypien. I'm sure the media in NY or Philly would make things a lot easier for a 2-3 team.

Posted by: mack1 | October 14, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

This is JC's contract year correct?

What team would trade a draft pick for an 11 game lease of a back up QB?

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | October 14, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Mike Sellers used to be one of my favorite Skins.

Now he just sounds like a whiny child.

If he doesn't like the reporters, he should go back to the CFL.

Yeah, how dare he give such an uppity answer when the press graces him with such an insightful question.

Posted by: LouLewis | October 14, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

It's the medias fault that Zack Morris and Stacey Carosi couldn't have a long-term relationship after their summer-fling while working at the Malibu Sands beach resort.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 14, 2009 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse
---------------

Bingo, there it is. Welll said, PA.

Benching Campbell is simply a reflection of the very kind of thinking that our owner uses. Impulsive and short-sighted.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | October 14, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

mando has a point,

If the decision has already been made to dump JC17, then do it now and see what we can get.

I bet the Raiders would take alook at him.

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

"The reason he gets to make alot of $$ is b/c this game is highly publicized.

I can't stand it when pro athletes want to soak up all the benefits of their profession, and then whine like sissies when they have to face the burdens..."

Bingo, give pfunk a prize.

Hey Skins, prove on the field and stop being offended by pencil neck reporters. Catch a ball, make a block Sellers.

"Boo Hoo mean media"

Give me a friggin break. Media made the NFL and drives revenue in to the BILLIONS! Why do you think the NFL makes it mandatory for all the coaches and players to be accessible.

Quick anyone wanna fact check what a shooting guard in the WNBA makes?

Panty wastes, the lot of us....all of Redskins-Land. Disgusting.

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Wow, the same thing could have been said about Kyle Orton last year. We won't get a 2nd rounder and a backup for him. We won't get anything for him until we resign him. So you think any QB can come in here and put up the same numbers? I bet you thought Matt Cassel would light it up in KC too.

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 14, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

What team would trade a draft pick for an 11 game lease of a back up QB?

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | October 14, 2009 3:37 PM

A team with depth and an old QB like the Vikes - or no QB like the Raiders - or no QB depth like several others. We only need one taker but JC won't be here next year so shop him hard.

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Sellers is saying what Blache said last week. "Yes, stuff sucks, but I am contractually obligated to talk to you, so what do you want me to repeat to you again? If I say what you already have been publishing, will you please go away and leave me alone?"

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mack1 | October 14, 2009 3:24 PM

I had to read this several times. If the Giants were 2-3 instead of 5-0 do you think the NY media would be "supportive and understanding"? They are undefeated because they are a great organization with leadership that starts at the top.

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | October 14, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:26 PM |

He shouldn't be saying that, he should be saying the teams pathetic effort on the field is the hardest part of being 2-3.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 14, 2009 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scottmando

JC will be back next year. BOOK IT NOW. The money will go to the 6 or 7 other positions that desperately need upgrading before a QB. Unless he morphs into Jamarcus Russell, he'll be back because it won't cost as much.

Posted by: dcwun | October 14, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

I dont feel sorry for ANYONE on the Skins team right now... sorry Sellers

If this team were winning the reporters would be writing columns praising the Skins
bottom line is the Skins have had the EASIER schedule in NFL history through 6 games and looked awful...

so yeah fans and media alike want answers or insight DEAL WITH IT

Posted by: BenchCampbell | October 14, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rypien11 | October 14, 2009 3:32 PM

I, for one, agree with you. The DC sports media is like a rabid animal.

Posted by: Lisa_R | October 14, 2009 3:29 PM |

I, for one, think you two should meet for coffee.

Posted by: mack1 | October 14, 2009 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Exactly Flound....

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17 | October 14, 2009 3:41 PM | Report

No. I think any competent #2 QB will do until we build up our O-LINE and fill some holes...JC has crappy career numbers.. What have you been watching??

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

"PFT has learned that the Washington Redskins are in negotiations with the Buffalo Bills for a receiver, however it's not the one you're thinking of. Its BOTH of them. Rumor has it that the Redskins and Bills entered into negiations regarding the services of both Roscoe Parrish, and TO, yes, Terrell Owens. The Redskins are said to be parting with back-up defensive lineman Anthony Montgomery, as well as a 2nd round pick in next years draft. Stay tuned"

CRAP-TASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

It's true, CL...it's a free country. If Sellers doesn't want to deal with the media, then stop accepting Danny's checks every week. But if he is gonna make the decision to play in the NFL, it's something you have to deal with.

Be accountable when the team stinks -- don't get all irritated and defensive. The reason that reporters might be asking negative questions, genius, is because you all have lost to the Panthers and Lions, and beat the Rams and Bucs by a combined 5 points! If you were say, 5-1 right now, I wonder what kind of questions you would be getting? Hmm...

Posted by: mattylight | October 14, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

CL,

what do you do for a living?

Posted by: CheyenneWY | October 14, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

JC will be sitting on someone else's backup position next year, with no compensation to us.

book it. unfortunately.

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 14, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

It appears that Mr. Sellout thinks the answer to the Skin's problems involves handing out a fewer press passes to the locker room. That should fit in nicely with Dan Snidely's continuing contempt of all things related to personal accountability for this steaming pile of fecal matter -- and the front office's continuing campaign to severaly limit and restrict the number of fans in the stands.

Posted by: Vic1 | October 14, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PAskinsfan17

I'll second that sir, you are correct.

Posted by: dcwun | October 14, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | October 14, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Crap sween, now I have to reconcile this question in my mind...Am I my own pusher? Thanks. Thanks a lot.

But seriously...see cL at 3:39, re: Media and Billions.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 14, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Why wouldn't these teams just draft a qb?

Again no team in the NFL will send you a draft pick for an 11 game lease of a backup qb.

Since there is no guarantee that Campbell would resign with the team we traded him to
he would essentially be on an 11 game lease.

Not even the Raiders would send you a pick to have a backup qb for 11 games.

Posted by: PortisPocketsStr8 | October 14, 2009 3:47 PM | Report abuse

The reason you let JC go now is because you need to build for the future..JC ain't gonna get it done and he ain't getting a new contract so get something, anything, for him before he goes..We ain't turning this around in a year so we can play a sub par QB in the meantime who we don't have to pay like a starter..get the picks and draft depth..whether or not the new QB is as good as JC next year is irrelevant. the point is this team no longer wants him obviously so let him go now while you get something in return

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 3:48 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dcsween | October 14, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

""They haven't won games, but they're a good defense."
"No, no they're not."
Posted by: Keiser"

That's true. The Chiefs are 32nd in total defense, 29th against the pass, 25th against the run, 27th in sacks and 25th in INTs.

Of course, they haven't played our offense yet.

Posted by: Samson151 | October 14, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

UM, BG...i need attribution on that one.

CheyenneWY:

design, implement, teach, manage, fund raise for and conceptualize how digital technology can educate youth both inside and out side of school settings. My home base is a science museum.

Do I make great money, obviously not. Do I have to put of annoying garbage to secure my paycheck....of course.

Your point?

Posted by: chrislarry | October 14, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

You know what else is freakin' annoying? Having my heart broken by this team every Sunday thanks to half arsed pathetic play by too many players.

Sellers said it's all about positivity and the media asks too many negative questions . . . yes I'll grant you DC/Skins coverage would be lost without hyped up controversy but in this season when the team is laying an egg every single game what do they expect?

Here is the thing - Sellers is right this team needs leaders who will step up . . .so far I've not seen much most especially out of the offense.
Look at the team on the sidelines what is their body language saying? Who is getting in whose face and firing them up besides maybe Fletcher?

So positivity is nice and all (just to be clear I shall have a little Kool Aid flowing through my veins come Sunday)but while my heart says "Yes We Can" my head says "The Giants game? That is who we are as a team this season and we've only been hiding in the tall weeds of playing even crappier teams than us for the last 5 weeks."

*sigh* I miss having even a little bit of hope. . . maybe 4th if your prediction is right and we pull it out against Philly I'll see Kool Aid Man crashing through my wall.

Posted by: sfskin | October 14, 2009 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scottmando

No, what have YOU been watching? This is funny. When the team was 6-2 last year, JC is being touted as a potential MVP candidate by most. The line breaks down in the second half of the season last year and to start this season and he sucks. Yeah, its his fault this team stinks. No QB would be successful playing behind that O-line.

Posted by: dcwun | October 14, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Soup's been sacked 13 times in 2009; 16h in pass rating. Rivers sacked 11 times. Rogers 20. Big Ben 13. Farve 11. All are rated higher. It's not the sacks, it's Soups inability read a D that is the difference between he and the others. That is why he'll be a career backup.

Posted by: Realness1 | October 14, 2009 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4-12 | October 14, 2009 3:18 PM

Remember the NY Media and AP and the case of the honking horn that ticked all the NY Reporters off? They were 0-2 and about to face us? Next thing you know...Championship.

Posted by: 4thFloor | October 14, 2009 3:55 PM | Report abuse

Seriously some reporters do ask STUPID QUESTIONS!
That said I knew this would happen for four years i said get O-Linemen and D-Linemen.

On both sides of the ball the Skins need YOUNG LINEMEN!

Seller should have been gone two years ago.

Posted by: shamken | October 14, 2009 3:56 PM | Report abuse

The reason you let JC go now is because you need to build for the future..JC ain't gonna get it done and he ain't getting a new contract so get something, anything, for him before he goes..We ain't turning this around in a year so we can play a sub par QB in the meantime who we don't have to pay like a starter.."Posted by: scottmando"

I don't know how you give up on the season at this early point.

Posted by: Samson151 | October 14, 2009 3:58 PM | Report abuse

So sellers thnks it's the reporters.
Not that they stink?

Posted by: jmy999 | October 14, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Realness1
Are you seriously going to compare the line and the weapons on those teams to the ones that surround the JC? The only reason he isn't sacked more is because of his legs which he should use a lot more.

Posted by: dcwun | October 14, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

I don't feel a bit of pity for any Redskin player. After watching the Indianapolis Colts for the last two games, I see what a real, talented, motivated team does - it wins - and when the opportunities present themselves, they blow away their opponent. And when they don't have the ball that often, they maximize their opportunities.

With that said, the Redskins are a joke - for all of the excuses Jason Campbell has for his lack of performance, he isn't finding open receivers and isn't making plays. Yeah, its tough when your offensive line is made of Cool Whip, but you know what, Jason, you make millions and you are the starting quarterback. Just do your job and rise above it!

As for Clinton Portis, I used to like the guy but he's wearing thin. I despise half-steppers and if you are too big to practice and to play in preseason to help get a rhythm for the team, then why are you still cashing ALL of your paychecks? Shouldn't you give two thirds of them back since you are only a game player and the other two areas you just ignore?

I've already written off this season - if this team can't beat the teams it should and don't seem capable on a good day to compete with tougher opponents, then I don't see a miracle taking this team to the playoffs.

Who knew in hindsight that Gibbs 2.0 would look so absolutely talented taking virtually the same mess and doing so well with it!?

Posted by: laserwizard | October 14, 2009 4:02 PM | Report abuse

I'm not saying its JC's fault..I'm just saying he won't be back with a new contract next year so get something for him...

Posted by: scottmando | October 14, 2009 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Classic blame the media approach.

Yes, it's the Washington Post's fault that Sellers couldn't lead block CP out of the endzone at Carolina. Yes, it's the Washington Times' fault that the Redskins had 198 total yards in Carolina.

Bad media, bad!

Posted by: hithere1 | October 14, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

These guys talking to ANY MEDIA right now is like trying to get in the last word with your Mom (no matter how old you are), then defending yourself when your Dad comes home and she TELLS him.

The "Scribes" are doing their job by asking and are hoping they say ANYTHING so they can peddle the BS. Then you get "The Sports Reporters" or the rest of the Arm Chair Coaches and GM's to say, "These guys should shut up and play!!!! When they DON'T talk the Jacks say, "We pay their salary, they should be available to the Media".

Yo, Players, PLAY THE GAME AND NEVER SPEAK TO US. I ONLY WANT TO SEE YOU PLAY BALL!!! No matter what you say, IT WILL BE TWISTED!!!!

Posted by: cmann083@yahoo.com | October 14, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Sellers is the most idiotic player in the NFL, bar none. He is stupid on and off the field. He single handedly lost the Cinci game last year (his moronic fumble at the goal line) which in effect eliminated the Skins from playoff contention. His stupid play has continued this year with blown blocking assignments and easy score dropped passes. This loud mouth loser should be send out of town on a rail.

Posted by: astrober1 | October 14, 2009 4:50 PM | Report abuse

NO! JC won't be back next year and i'm happy that he won't why would he? The little idiot has shown no loyalty and his lackey even less so good luck JC you are a class act hope you land somewhere where you are appreciated.

Posted by: dargregmag | October 14, 2009 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Hey mike Sellers... tell me a positive thing about this team and I am sure someone will report it!!!!! This is the problem of the team... it is called ignorance! I hate trying to look at a glass half full theory.... Our owner is a money grubbing, selfish dictator (it starts there). We have a worthless cap expert running operations (Did I mention that we are screwed in this dept... it is why we cannot make any moves). We have a coach that calls 7 plays over and over. openly admits that he has to scale back the play calling because of subs in key positions..... good teams should be two deep thru the entire playbook. We have an aging RB that thinks he is the Gm and coach asking to have players replaced. Our punter is our only positive thing and he even got hurt. Mike, the reporters report what is going on... I think you need to take off the blinders and accept the truth. Redskins are not good and will not be good unless changes are made from the top down...... CHILD PLEASE!

Posted by: rvanags | October 14, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

collins would be out of the game after the 1st series on a stretcher NO qb should stand behind this line because you will not stand for long. Stop majoring on the minor this is snyder and cerrato so-called team under their so-called leader-ship these are the 2 that must leave if not than the fans must leave it is that simple and maybe another owner with common sense can come and straighten out this mess. as for sellar's..just stop missing blocks and dropping passes that is part of the problem.

Posted by: wathu19 | October 14, 2009 5:47 PM | Report abuse

Accountability, Mike Sellers and the rest of the Redskins. You all are accountable for the poor play, poor sportsmanship, poor attitudes, etc. that the Redskins have. Don't blame anyone else when you look in the mirror. You all collectively suck. I feel that the whole team should be waived with the exception of Cooley, Raybach, Moss, Marko Mitchell, Orakpo. Trade Portis for whatever you can get for that locker room cancer and rebuild.

And I now believe Gibbs coached really well considering the bulk of his team is still here and suck. How did we ever get to .500 or above with these losers? If Gibbs couldn't score more than 16 points per game with these losers how is Zorn going to score? The problem lies with personnel. This points to Snyder and Cerrato. Since Danny ain't going anywhere, hire a qualified GM and let him run the football operations. Danny and Vinny should focus on marketing, PR and supplying money.

Once we get rid of the chumps and hire a real coach, we can rebuild.

Posted by: neil64 | October 14, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Can someone teach Clinton how to say the word DOES !!!

Posted by: hessone | October 14, 2009 7:32 PM | Report abuse

Lisa_R

Liberal thinking. There's an excuse for everything. Sellers is not doing his job. He gets paid big money and sounds like a baby. You go to work and you don't perform and see how long your employed. Give me a freakin break.

Posted by: hessone | October 14, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

"Mike Sellers is a donkey"

Nah, a donkey can block and catch better then he can.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | October 14, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

the hardest part of the season is sucking ass and lacking motivation and being controlled by the cult of scientology and being coached by Tin-Tin

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | October 14, 2009 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | October 14, 2009 9:03 PM | Report abuse
===============================================
Stay Positive man.

Posted by: clark202 | October 14, 2009 10:55 PM | Report abuse

PUNKA$$

Posted by: whatyoutalkinboutman | October 14, 2009 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Great leadership, positivity. Is that a word? I think the President of the United States should use that when thinking about Afghanistan. We should be engaged in positivity, that should fix everything.

Smile.

Posted by: atidwell | October 15, 2009 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Sellers went to the media earlier this season and complained about not getting his extension, about how he has played hard and deserved to be rewarded. He then got his extension done. So once he got paid and the media served his purposes, he decides to stop playing and accuse the media of being the problem.

If we had a real coach here (who would have the requisite authority from ownership and the front office - unlikely, I know), Sellers would be riding the bench right now.

Posted by: rooster75 | October 15, 2009 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Heyer stinks and Sellers whiffs

Posted by: Rush21 | October 15, 2009 12:22 PM | Report abuse

How Sellers should've responded:

Problem: We're losers. We don't win games.

Positive Angle: Where else (besides Wall Street) can a man make millions, while failing miserably.

Posted by: loved1 | October 15, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse