Shanahan: Bartel likely out for preseason opener

Backup quarterback Richard Bartel may sit out Friday's preseason opener against the Buffalo Bills at FedEx Field.

"Right now, I would say no," Coach Mike Shanahan said. "He's got a little hamstring right now; doesn't look like he can go full speed. I don't want to put a quarterback out there unless he can go full speed."

The Redskins plan for starter Donovan McNabb to play 15 to 18 snaps. The recently acquired John Beck isn't familiar with the playbook, so No. 2 quarterback Rex Grossman could play as much as three quarters. That's fine with Grossman.

"I don't know how much I'm going to play, but if you just do the math, I'm probably going to play a lot," he said. "I like to play football. I'm looking forward to making plays and trying to help us win the game."

By Jason Reid  |  August 12, 2010; 9:27 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jerry Jones: Eagles better off without Donovan McNabb
Next: Redskins optimistic about Kyle Shanahan's offense

Comments

I am a diehard Cowboy fan and I occassionally lurk on this Insider board to see what's going on with the Redskins and usually have a good chuckle or two when you guys rip Cowboys fans and each other for any perceived slights against the Redskins.

Now is the time for me to speak because I can only take so much of you guys forgetting who you are (in my profession we call this "selective amnesia", which your mother termed "wishful thinking").

Get yourselves ready for Sunday night, September 12 when a real team comes to town, takes over your stadium, your big videoscreens and your wives (don't worry they'll give them back when they're finished), and then heads back to Texas without breaking a sweat. You know women love Cowboys, don't you?

There's my input and I'm glad I got that off my chest.

We will always defend the Star.

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Like to see Hall get 5-10 throws in this game, just running some vanilla stuff. Wanna see what this guy's got.

How's Jamaal Brown doing on the right, dealing w/ injury?

Any progress on McIntosh in the middle?

How's Artis Hicks coming along?

Really haven't heard much about McNabb's performance in camp, how's he looked?

Posted by: saltine182 | August 12, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Dear Diary

It seems everyone had a riotous good time at Wednesday night’s “Redskins Got Talent” show organized by the older veterans to help the team stay loose as we get ready for tomorrow’s pre-season opener against Buffalo.

The rules of the competition were pretty easy -- if you’re a rookie, if this is your first season with the Redskins, or if you failed to participate in at least half of the team’s voluntary off-season conditioning program, then you had to come up with a 3-5 minute song, skit or other performance to showcase your talents. At the end of the show, points would be awarded to those who received the most applause, and the winner would get a free round of mini-golf personally caddied by team owner Dan Snyder.

I think folks may have bent the rules a bit though, especially when they allowed Donovan McNabb and Joey Galloway to open the show by singing a duet -- “Mama Don’t Let Your Babies Grown Up to Be Cowboys” -- that nearly brought down the house. And who would have thought that Larry Johnson and Willie Parker could do such an entertaining rendition of the old “Who’s on First” comedy routine first made popular some 50 years ago by Abbot and Costello?

I’m afraid a couple of us rookies may have thrown some monkey wrenches into the proceedings when we set out a couple of traffic cones about 25 yards apart, put on some old Village People music and started dancing around like a bunch of coke-addicted strippers, and this worry was confirmed when Albert Haynesworth just got mean, clammed up and flat out refused to participate in his part of the show -- which was supposed to be his own interpretation of the popular Swan Lake ballet -- saying he’d rather pay “any crack ho” to caddy for him than have that “sniveling little runt” anywhere near his bags.

Fortunately, Trent Williams rescued the evening when he offered up with a near pitch-perfect medley of Justin Bieber’s greatest hits -- that soon had us all singing along, and it so moved celebrity judge Chris Cooley that he excused himself to another room and started texting pictures of his junk to everyone on his contact lists.

(Old) Coach Shanahan then closed out the evening with a passable ventriloquist act -- guest starring his son as the wooden dummy -- that seemed to go over most people’s heads. But we all laughed anyway, because after all -- he is the head coach, and he will soon be making decisions on who gets to stay with the team this season and who must go.

And since no one really wants go golfing with Dan -- especially since we can barely tolerate the twerp on the best of days (that is, paydays) -- (Old) Coach Shanahan decided to step up and “take one for the team.” So everyone gave him a loud and prolonged standing ovation -- and that allowed him to earn the top prize.

All in all, I didn’t realize we had so much talent -- but now that I’ve seen it, I’m really psyched about the season ahead. Watch out Buffalo!

Until next time,

Your BFF!!

Posted by: Vic1 | August 12, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Wow...if this guy is as good as advertised (especially since we passed on the actual O.J. Atogwe in FA), this could be a HUGE coup for our defense...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 12, 2010 7:31 AM | Report abuse

This makes me happy. i was asking yesterday who would be our oj Atogwe, if we even have one or if we would look to a different position to produce like he did in stlouie. From what we saw of Kareem Moore he seems to cover ground more fluidly then any of our other safeties(his season would have been so much different if it wenrt for that takeaway). Only problem is OJ was such a jack of all trades, he routinely strips the ball from runners and has great hands and return capabilities. If Moore can live up to it Haslett will put him in a postilion to make an impact.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 12, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

There's my input and I'm glad I got that off my chest.

We will always defend the Star.

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse
__________

I hope you little tirade made you feel tough. Are you aware that nobody here cares about your views or your opinion? Please back back to roping cattle, or whatever cowgirl fans do.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 12, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

mistamayor

"The recently acquired John Beck isn't familiar with the playbook, so No. 2 quarterback Rex Grossman could play as much as three quarters. That's fine with Grossman."

Despite his issues, Rex is a former league starter, and should give us a real look at how the new offensive system will work.

Let him play as much as possible to get his groove on.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 12, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 9:36 AM |

Bruce Allen became the GM in the middle of last year, jerk 0ff. He picked the coach.

If you're going to post on another team's blog to talk trash to the fans, dont bring this weak ish about a 40 time and a pro bowl qb being cut.

Santana Moss. Santana Moss. Santana Moss. Santana Mo.....

Posted by: saltine182 | August 12, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

@BigBlueStar

I'm glad you were able to get that off of your chest.

I hope you're not joking about taking our wives...I'm going to hold you to that...now go away.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Oh boy...more W/L records for individual players...

Posted by: brownwood26

The hyperbole and sarcasm artist is in full swing this morning, I see. Maybe you should read a little more thoroughly because I AM TALKING ABOUT WINS AND LOSSES. What other stat should I provide? His shoe size?

OH BOY! Um, last time I checked W/L was one of MANY stats that measures the value of a QB. Not just a an individual player, but just for QBs. You know, like they do with super bowl wins... Never said it was everything or end all be all. It isn't like RSH said these guys were inaccurate passers and I'm trying to play contrarian to that fact. I'm talking about wins and losses. If you're going to claim that a guy is a "perennial loser" then you have to provide a stat that he isn't.

Like a win/loss record.

And no one is giving Vince Young any type of "love". All people are saying that the guy has upside and potential based off his talent and youth. He isn't as bad as you want or make him out to be.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Your BFF!!

Posted by: Vic1 | August 12, 2010 9:40 AM

Vic, This stuff is way too long. We're all busy. How about a two-line executive summary for us executives? Is that too much to ask?

Posted by: beep-beep | August 12, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Ha! Funny one PlayAction "Take My Wife...please" (just kidding honey....)

Brownie your flat wrong about VY, upside way larger than down...red woodshedded you there.

Sexy Rexy should get a ton of reps in pre-season..I am way pro Donny Mac, but the dude has missed time due to injury. I am willing to give Rex a second chance, I love second chances like any tru 'Merican...

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

"...if you are going to put perennial scrubs like Leftwich on your list, you have to add Michael Vick and maybe even Vince Young."

Posted by: RedSkinHead

W/L Record

Byron Leftwich: 24-25

Micheal Vick: 38-28-1

Vince Young: 26-13

"Perennial scrubs"? I thinks not. No, these guys aren't elite QBs, but they ain't a bunch of f-ing Heath Shulers either. All have had big success in the NFL -- notably Vick.

No one ever confused Vick for Tom Brady on the field, but to suggest that the guy has been awful his entire career is wrong. His numbers and W/L record proves otherwise.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 8:55 AM
-----------------------------------------
I think you read that wrong, or maybe I just didn't write it the way I thought it, but I was saying if you are going to put a perennial scrub on the list like Leftwich, then these two guys are better... Vince Young may be a head case off the field, but I think he has some athletic gifts. Michael Vick has his own issues, but he changed the dynamic of the game. Leftwich, on the other hand, just never impressed me.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 12, 2010 9:58 AM

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 12, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

I'm a fan of your ointment.

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 12, 2010 10:01 AM | Report abuse

ha Etrod!

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Your BFF!!

Posted by: Vic1 | August 12, 2010 9:40 AM

Posted by: beep-beep

How about not posting it anymore? Is that too much to ask?

I get the fact that you don't have to be funny to get a point across, but I'm not sire as to what point you're trying to get across.

It reads like some diary entry from a player who isn't real.

If you like tapping into the imagination of readers that much maybe you should look into short children's books or novels in the Harry Potter mold.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

bigbluestar

"....I can only take so much of you guys forgetting who you are (in my profession we call this "selective amnesia", which your mother termed "wishful thinking")."

We've forgotten who we are just as you've forgotten where you are.

This is a freewheeling blog for fans of the WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

We check our humility at the door each time we hit the 'submit' link.

You come here looking for what you'll only find in a cowboys' blog: spineless, whining.

You probably try picking up dates at a convent.

And let me guess: you also trust used car salesmen and lawyers who talk out of the side of their mouths.

And why you expect us to bow down before the alleged superiority of the dallas cowboys tickles me, Elmo.

And like that puppet, you too are too slow to realize that even if we lose to the 'boys 100 times in a row, we'll talk smack right up to the 101st game.

Get to steppin', cowbro'.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 12, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

@BigBlueStar

I'm glad you were able to get that off of your chest.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 9:51 AM
------------------------------------------
When a Cowboys fan threatens to take your wife, it means "take your wife shopping for new shoes", since most of them are oriented that way.

Cowboys fans: Never will be half the man their moms turned out to be.

Cowboys fans: Never leave their buddies' behinds.

Cowboys fans: The Cowboy hat really hides the labotomy scar.

Cowboys fans: Riding the short bus to school in style.

Cowboys fans: Because everybody loves a loser.

Cowboys fans: Picked a team with a star logo because it is easy to draw with Crayolas.

Cowboys fans: Proof positive that not everything is big in Texas.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 12, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BigBlueStar

And are you aware that Wade Phillips is on the sidelines with coaching headphones on listening to Al Green's greatest hits?Who the fcku are you and why are you on this blog?

Posted by: smittdiddy | August 12, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | August 12, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

2 lines of this crap =2 lines too many

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | August 12, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

I appreciate this about Vic's posts, he begins them with "Dear Diary" right at that top which is a friendly prompt for me to scroll right the helll past it. No offense Vic, do you, but I can't read it, don't get it...but let your freak flag fly brother.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

RSH, okay I hear that.

Leftwich, while not great (I'd call him borderline good) has done some things in the league. His first two years were good, then after that, I don't know... I think he's a good backup QB. Nothing more really.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Is there a practice today?

It seems like the offense is starting to really gel.

I can't wait for week 1, for anyone else going to the game we need to be as loud as possible.

I don't want Romo to be able to hear his own thoughts.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

How about not posting it anymore? Is that too much to ask?

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 10:04 AM

This was suggested by several of us a few days ago and he "rejected" our suggestions. He was particularly harsh with that gentle soul, scampbell1965.

I was looking for a compromise. That's the kind of guy I am.

Vic seems to think that if people don't like his drek, then there's something wrong with the people who don't like it. He's not open to the thought that what he's writing sucks.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 12, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Careful guys, vic1 will cry from all the negative feedback. No hurt feelings today okay? And where did all these Brokeback Nutsack fans come from all of the sudden? Think it's the same tool over and over again? It's pretty sad actually. They have no real blog or fan site worth a crap so they trot on over here looking for a fight. Pretty sad...

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 12, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 12, 2010 10:08 AM

Posted by: smittdiddy | August 12, 2010 10:08 AM

Haha...bluestar should have stayed home in his cowboys jammies this morning.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Is it just me or does Leftwich look like he's 12 years old?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Leftwich worked us the last time he played us. I think he might be the best backup in the league right now?

Didnt Jeruuh say he would fire Wade Phillips last year if they did not make it to the NFC Championship games, or at least a playoff run??? Or am i remembering things that didnt happen again...

Posted by: Stu27 | August 12, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I don't want Romo to be able to hear his own thoughts.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 10:11 AM

He has thoughts?

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

@Big Blue Star - You stalk something that you are obsessed with. Something you want to be or be with. You admit to "lurking" around a Redskins message board and news column.

Thanks for exposing yourself. Sorry, the bandwagon is full, but you can jog behind it.

Posted by: MadeRED | August 12, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Cowboys fans: Proof positive that not everything is big in Texas.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 12, 2010 10:08 AM |

Well, their women have 3 big, gaping holes each. After a night on the "range" with their "buddies" the men have 2.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | August 12, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

The influx of Cowhoe fans up here lately means only one thing:

They are scared to death at the thought of playing the 2010 Washington Redskins!

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 12, 2010 10:08 AM

Posted by: smittdiddy | August 12, 2010 10:08 AM

Haha...bluestar should have stayed home in his cowboys jammies this morning.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 10:15 AM
------------------------------------------
Cowboys fans where their jammies backward for easy rear access...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 12, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Take the blinders off and see!

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 9:36 AM

You should take your own advice, Hoss.

You have an owner who named HIMSELF the GM, a coach and QB who combined for their ONE and ONLY playoff win against a division opponent they already saw twice, (including a head-to-head matchup THE WEEK BEFORE). Plus you have along history of miscreants, coke-fiends, and pretentious self-agrandizing videos that proclaim yourselves "America's Team" although nobody in America got a vote.

Yup. No blinders here.

At the end of the day, let's just review the pertinent stats:

Years since last SB:

Dallas: 15
Washington: 19

Playoff wins since last SB:

Dallas: 1
Washington: 2

Neither fanbase has much to talk about. The only difference is we're smart enough to know that...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 12, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

I had a Dallas fan taunt me yesterday by saying "I would love to see the Redskins win a superbowl in Dallas Stadium"

I think he thought that was some insult like a tainted superbowl...my boy Mooney and I were like.."Um yeah us too, whats your point"

dallas fans.....

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

Post what you like. Sh*t I post everything up here from 'skins related stuff to hip hop music to fashion trends to porn. I'm sure people don't like what I have to post, and ya know, that's okay too.

But when it becomes repetitive and lacking any substance it just becomes whack and lame.

Not trying to be RI 5-0, but damn already...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

"Are you aware of the facts that your team is the laughingstock of the entire league, your coach was fired in Denver and you guys still let him name who the GM was going to be for the Redskins (a big no-no), your quarterback was on the verge of being waived in Philadephia before being traded, your prized defensive lineman is a dog (none of you dispute this), your offensive line makes a sieve look solid, your running backs' 40-yard dashes are timed with a sun dial (with the exception of Parker, who won't even make the team)and your owner is, to be kind, clueless? That list is too much to overcome. Take the blinders off and see!

Posted by: BigBlueStar"

Are you aware your team is on the perennial wishlist of any team playing a clutch game late in the season, that your head coach was fired by Buffalo (really...Buffalo) and you still let him run your most talented squad in 15 years despite failing at everything he's ever done, your quarterback has been the joke of the NFL for every game post-November for his entire career, your prized draft pick is a pimp-raised son of an illicit prostitution ring and drug addict, your secondary makes makes a colander look water-tight, and your owner is more concerned with how is architecturally demented "masterpiece" of a stadium appears than his actual team performs on the field? This list is too much to overcome. Take the blinders off and see!

Posted by: psps23 | August 12, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

He isn't as bad as you want or make him out to be.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 9:54 AM

I personally don't give two sh*ts whether the guy becomes a player or not. I just hate the notion that a guy who has a lot of athleticism and arm strength is a good QB. Those attributes help, but it's far from the top of the list of things you need to play to position of QB in the NFL at a high level.

He's an average QB at best...regardless of what his W/L record is. In a league where Trent Dilfer has more rings than Dan Marino, I don't get how anyone can add W/L record to a QB's resume...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 12, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

does anybody know what sideline seats in the lower 400 section are going for against the cowboys

Posted by: DaFunBunch | August 12, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Quick question, as I have been blogging less for some RI RnR.

is smittdiddy PDiddy?

Posted by: alex35332 | August 12, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

@ Big Blue Star

Can't tell you how great it is to see you Boys so scared. For years none of you bothered to post in here...wonder what changed?

Keep sticking out your chests and telling yourself 'there's no such thing as a good Redskins team', 'there's no such thing as a good Redskins team'...

Because when we see you Boys on Sunday the 12th, I doubt we see 'Big Blue Star' or 'MrIrvin' ever again.

Consider it a gift if Tony makes it back to Dallas alive...between Orakpo and 'All World' Tackle Doug Free, it ain't looking good.

Posted by: Angelonourshoulders | August 12, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

dallas fans.....

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 10:21 AM

Yeah...they can say some crazy things that don't make any sense...I'd bet half of them that you come across couldn't name three current players

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Saw a Cowboys fan at a sports bar the other night. He called me out because I was wearing a Skins t-shirt.

Anyway, we began talking football, and he said " Your defense might be pretty good with DeAngelo Hall and Champ Bailey back there."

I said, "Champ has not played in Washington since 2003."

"Oh, for real?"

"Yeah, we traded him for Portis."

I wonder if this guy still thinks Micheal Irvin plays for the Cowboys?

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

ooooh, I have a "Dallas Fans" story.

So, I'm eating in the lunch room yesterday at work and one of the many DMV-resident-all-their-lives cowboy fans comes up to me and starts to sprout off about how the Redskins wish they had receivers as talented as Dez Bryant and Roy Williams. I looked him up and down and proceeded to finish eating my tuna club on wheat.

The fu_king idiot was too stupid to even realize that Roy Williams and Dez Bryant aren't even the best receivers on their team. Didn't even mention Miles Austin or Jason Witten not once.

Then goes on to say that any backup QB on the Dallas roster are better than Donovan McNabb. I then said: 'Oh really, now? So tell me, who is the backup QB for the Cowhoes?' His response:

Quincy Carter

Then I just walked out on the conversation and lunch room altogether.

Right, cL.

"dallas fans"....

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

"Jerry Jones: Eagles better off without Donovan McNabb
"

He's throwing his fellow owner a life line...

--------------------------------

Anybody up to start a new RI Fantasy League?

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 12, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

ih8, classic story! Maybe thats today's chatter....run-ins with completely retarted Cowboys fans...

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Hey Cowboy fan. Not sure if you remember who you are. You have a plastic Owner that makes a fool of your team on a regular basis. Please give him some more beers I love those videos that your fans post on the internet. DEFEND THE STAR hahaha.

You have maybe the dumbest QB in the league. You have only won 1 playoff game in forever. Your are not sure who your RB starter even is. Your rookie WR can be out run by a sun dial. You have no left tackle. Your coach is a puppet. Your offensive coordinator is overrated.

But hey if you are happy with a regular season keep on talking! I just suggest not throwing stones from a glass house dummy.

Posted by: Mike4169 | August 12, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

wow Red....HYSTERICAL!

4TH why a new one, wont we just keep last years....either way I am in for whatever....as DEFENDING MUTHA HUMPIN CHAMP!

Repeat...book it!

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 10:39 AM

Too many too list!!!

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Dez Bryant, considered to be the top wide receiver on many NFL teams' draft boards, posted times of 4.52, 4.68 and 4.52 in the 40-yard dash

Orakpo arrived at the 2009 NFL Combine with much anticipation following him with his well-known status as a "workout warrior." His 39.5-inch vertical jump was second for all defensive lineman and showed his great speed and acceleration while recording a 4.63 40-yard dash time.

suck on it

Posted by: Mike4169 | August 12, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

"dallas fans"....

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 10:37 AM

I got a very simialar encounter last week at the Popeyes.....

Funny...

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 12, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

I thought my input would be more positively received, given all that you Redskins fans have been through in your recent history, but I can see that you are just too far gone.

Henceforth, you deserve all the pain Mini Me (Daniel Snyder) heaps on you. At least you have the first pick in the 2011 draft (and possibly 2012-2014) to look forward to.

As for your jokes about the Redskins bandwagon, I don't have to jog behind it. It doesn't move. It's on bricks and you still have a couple wheels missing. One would have thought that those of you sitting on the bandwagon would have noticed the lack of motion. The implications are most revealing.

Any list that you make should include the fact that the Cowboys went 11-5 last year. The Redskins would have had to win one more game just to have a mirror image of our record and they couldn't even do that! Do you understand how foolish you look putting down a super bowl favorite when the Redskins are arguably the worst team in the league?

Remember the list I posted for you earlier. You'll subconsciously review it and nod in agreement as the season progresses or, more accurately, implodes for the Redskins.

In EXACTLY one month you'll see the Cowboys ain't nothing to play with.

Star Pride!!!

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mike4169 | August 12, 2010 10:46 AM

4.68...wasn't that AH's time too?

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

g'yeah we can do the same one...Just need to make sure everyone is re-upping....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 12, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26

Because that's just one game. Although the biggest, it's still only one. And you're talking about a difference of nearly 100 wins when you compare these two.

The guys that were mentioned (Young, Vick, and Leftwich) were all main players on their teams when the team did well.

You could never say that about Trent Dilfer.

Again, I didn't read anything calling Vince Young "good". But with the upside he has you can make the case to label him as 'decent' at least.

Vince Young is decent. Won't ever sit at the table with the upper echelon greats, but if you can win with Dilfer as your QB, then you could damn sure win with Young.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Weak BigBlueStar....weak...not even good trash talking.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

In EXACTLY one month you'll see the Cowboys ain't nothing to play with.

Star Pride!!!

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

That grammar ain't nothing to play with.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

"Star Pride!"

'Star Pride'?

That's it?

Wow: some dudes in San Fran are going to sue you guys for copyright infringement.

Star Pride sounds a lot like Gay Pride.

But in my world, they mean just about the same.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 12, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrislarry

Yeah one appears to pop up everyday. Has me wondering if they are'nt just the same guy posting.

Posted by: Predator48 | August 12, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Put me down for the RI fantasy league.

I'm coming to f*ck sh*t up.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I also like how Dallas fans think Terrance Newman is a good player

Posted by: Stu27 | August 12, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

wow...incredibly pathetic posting on the blog of a team that you don't follow....you're quite the loser there aren't you....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 12, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

There's my input and I'm glad I got that off my chest.

We will always defend the Star.

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 9:36 AM

BIG BLUE DOOSH, it's funny, the real laugher was how Cowgirl fans talk up THEIR team when they couldn't even manage ONE playoff win in the 21st century. You finally got one last year before being owned by my grandfather, Brett Favre - congrats! I don't hear any Redskins fans talking Super Bowl, I don't even hear 'Skins fans talking playoffs. What I do hear from the majority of 'Skins fans is a consistent level of optimism due to the recent hiring of an actual GM with a winning pedigree and a head coach with a resume stuffed with top-rated offenses with more than one team and a couple Super Bowl rings.
Well I guess you have reason top be excited. Your team now is in position to double their playoff victories in this century with TWO. Your coach is being sued by the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man for using his likeness without express written consent and your top draft pick's mother is a hooker and is now injured. You have a QB in Tony Homo who never misses an opportunity to choke away big wins in the regular season as well as the playoffs and an OC whose skills seem to have magically disappeared last year. The fact that the SB is going to be played in Dallas is fantastic because it will only serve as added pressure and stress and cause a major distraction.

Book this: The only way Cowpie players will be in that stadium for the SB is going to be as spectators.

Lastly, go wash your IROC and cut your "Aikman mullet" you turd.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 12, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mike4169 | August 12, 2010 10:46 AM

4.68...wasn't that AH's time too?

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

@ Big Blue Star

Love it, brother...love it!

In the future...Sunday September 12th at approximately 8:32 PM:

Facing an early seven point deficit, Tony Romo drops back to pass, Doug Free lumbers like he is underwater, and Brian Orakpo 'Simms' Romo's spleen.

As the medical personnel descend on the Dallas QB, the destroyed Tony begins to click his Reeboks together and whispers...'There's no place like Homo...there's no place like Homo'.

ANYwho, BigBlueStar please come back after Opening Night; your blind bravado will be tempered by reality...but it will still be a hoot.

HAIL

Posted by: Angelonourshoulders | August 12, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Moe, was gonna post something along those lines about "star pride".

That's a first. I never heard a Dallas fan use that before.

Better wrap: Popeyes or McDonalds?

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

@Red - I'll do a roll call on the joint me and cL was on..and let you know...

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 12, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

4.68...wasn't that AH's time too?

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 10:58 AM

Nice...double post 9 minutes apart?...sorry folks...

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

@BigBlueStar you're the typical delusional girls fan. Your team can be summed up by a lot of humping but never reaching the happy ending.

And while it is true our coach was fired from Denver, at least he did win two super bowls there. Your coach is a habitual loser (it runs in his family), he's been fired from every team he's coached (one of which was also Denver), and he's never won anything. The same story will play out in Dallas as well.

Your Owner, is the laughing stock of the league. He let his ego get in the way of winning and fired the best coach he ever had in Jimmy Johnson. Please continue to drop by as Redskin Nation needs someone to wipe our a$$es on.

Hail!

Posted by: clark202 | August 12, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Mike4169 | August 12, 2010 10:46 AM

4.68...wasn't that AH's time too?

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 10:58 AM |

Wow, that means Dez "My Mom's a Hooker" Bryant can barely outrun Trent Williams's time of 4.7. I wonder what Dez runs now with a bad wheel?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 12, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

all wraps suck

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

Better wrap: Popeyes or McDonalds?

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

That's like asking if you would rather dry heave or have diarrhea.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

BigBlueStar = PoisonousPinkPussy

That sonic boom you just heard was the Cowdungs' championship window slamming shut. Although it's about 5 years late since you lost your chance when The Tuna swam to Miami.

I'll never in a million years understand how "experts" can continue to predict SBs for Dallas and San Diego with a straight face when those teams have Wade Phillips and Norv Turner on their respective sidelines. Simply stunning...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 12, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Popeyes....

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 12, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

mortreport
Chris Mortensen

On SC earlier, said we can expect B. Westbrook to land w a team by Monday. Rams? 'Skins? Broncos? Or ???
about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 12, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

That's a bet, 4th.

Nothing unites RI like some diarrhea mouthed Cowhoe fan.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Jerry Jones: Eagles better off without Donovan McNabb
________________________

Of course he would say this... Kevin Kolb is Arkanasas Alum. I don't buy it... Let's see if Kevin Kolb can handle the pressures of December when your playing for a playoff position.

Posted by: tony325 | August 12, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

BigBlueStar, if the Skins beat your Pukes to open the season, promise you'll come back and post as BigBlueBalls?

Posted by: freakzilla | August 12, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Can anyone tell me what happened to Colt Brennan?? I don't see him on the roster .-Thanks

Posted by: 1956fan4life | August 12, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1956fan4life | August 12, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

redDmv

"That's a first. I never heard a Dallas fan use that (Star Pride) before."

SpongeBob's pink friend Patrick also has what he calls 'Star Pride'.

And like most Cowboys' fans, he's just as dumb.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 12, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

I can't even think of the circumstances which would lead me to search out a Cowboy fan blog and then "lurk" for months. It's partly that I don't care what they think about their team or mine, but mostly it's my family and career responsibilities that would make such d-baggery impossible. What's wrong with you or missing in your life Blue Star Ointment guy?

Posted by: MColeman51 | August 12, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

BIG BLUE PILL sucks BIG BLUE BALLS.

Fade Phillips makes Haynesworth look like Ally McBeall.

With the anger and fresh legs Haynesworth will be playing with on the Sunday night opener, Tony Homo is in some serious jeopardy.

I can't wait to see Chief Z beat up Whistlin'Ray and kick him in the nuts on national TV.

Jerry Jones' face is so tight, you can bounce a quarter off it high enough to hit the jumbo-tron in Dallas' stadium.

The Cowboys should go 14 - 2 this year.....

....14 arrests and 2 convictions.

I need to re-up, anyone have Nate Newton's phone number?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 12, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Hey BlueBallsStar,

What a JOKE! You have the nerve to cast a stone at us Skins fans when you have the most overhyped, underdelivering team in the league. Every year we hear how the Cowboys may take it all, but your team sucks so bad and has so little heart, they can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag when it really matters.

Your owner is a league joke, your team is and always has been a group of criminals and mouth offs. America's team? They don't represent me in the least. Cowboy hats look really gay and mostly worn by posers. You're not fooling anyone. The closest you get to a cow is as it passes through your digestive system. What a bunch of fake people rooting for a loser team.

You probably live in DC, too. Disgraceful!

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | August 12, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Who cares about Bryant's 40 time? His mother is a convicted crack-dealer, and his father is a renowned pimp. This dude was bred as a first class pile of garbage.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in Dallas.

F Bryant and F Dallas for continuing their tradition of scum-sucking the dregs of society with their franchise.

Take pride in that, BigBlueStar.

Posted by: psps23 | August 12, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Predator48 | August 12, 2010 10:55 AM

Same one that posts as a skins fan under multiple handles, I'd say. We need to stop feeding him/it!

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 12, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

cL, how u gonna hate on the wraps? Damn a brotha tryin' to eat a little healthy and still can't get no cred.

I'll go back to eating my Manwich burgers on buttered buns sprinkled in salt.

iH8, it all depends on which and what time you go to McDonalds or Popeyes. I always go during lunch time (between 12 and 1:30) and dinner time (between 5 and 6). It's the only way I know of to escape the "da runs" factor.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 12, 2010 11:09 AM

Redskins release Willie Parker to make room for Brian Westbrook. Book it!

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 12, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

I feel eating healthy, but a nice whole wheat bun or 7 grain bread kicks the wraps azz.

Exceptions: Mexican, Greek, some middle eastern cuisine.

Posted by: chrislarry | August 12, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 12, 2010 11:15 AM

Oh we're just having a little fun with this one now

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1956fan4life | August 12, 2010 11:11 AM

I'm not being facetious at all: is this a serious question? Colt was cut. He's now with the Raiders.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | August 12, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I tell you what really takes the cake, the sandwich at KFC that uses fried chicken for bread.

What I'm craving today for lunch is Cosmic Cantina, a local place very similar to Chipotle, but much healthier.

But I may grow weak and hit up Church's Chicken for a 3-piece with okra

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Is it a surprise the day this BlueStarTard begins posting, Irvin88 all the sudden stops posting?

Multiple screen names is not cool. b-b, l_s, t_e notwithstanding.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in Dallas.

Posted by: psps23 | August 12, 2010 11:14 AM

Which fully explains his attraction to the #88 jersey...

Enough with these Dall-ass d-bags. Time to quit entertaining these rejects and get back to Skins talk.

Hopefully, the Skins will get those cockroaches to scatter and hide out the morning of September 13th...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 12, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1956fan4life | August 12, 2010 11:11 AM

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | August 12, 2010 11:23 AM

What!!! When did this happen?!?!

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Multiple screen names is not cool. b-b, l_s, t_e notwithstanding.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:24 AM

...and now he'll magically re-appear, along with someone else who will pretend to give him ish.

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 12, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

@BigBlueStar,

The facts will get you nowhere with these lunkhead losers. You gave them facts and, as usual, they rejected them to continue their fantasy. 4-12 won't EVER turn into 12-4 with Snyder in charge!

Deadskin Dummies: You heard what Jerry Jones said about McNabb, didn't you? McNabb's a Jekyll and Hyde QB who costs you games. Now he's playing for a contract. Contract year = Selfish Play = Hyde. When he forces that ball into quadruple coverage and throws a pick-six, don't y'all say a word! Just sit there with your stale nachos and leftover "homemade" dip from last year and stare at your "best" TV (you know, the 13" black and white with the coathanger antenna and no sound). LMAO!!

Deadskins Insider smells like one of y'all ate a bad batch of bean burritos. DI stinks and so do y'all.

Hell To The Deadskins!

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | August 12, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Neither Parker nor Westbrook will be on the roster come opening day. Parker won't make the cut and Westbrook will sign elsewhere because there's too much competition at RB on the Skins...ergo, not enough opportunity for him to touch the ball.

Look for Portis, Johnson, and Torrain to make the team and for Kirkland to be on the Practice Squad. Kirkland may make the team this year if Portis or Johnson go down with an injury.

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | August 12, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

RE: bun vs. wrap

Definitely gotta go with the buns. But I gotta switch it up every now and then. Bread (starches) gives me gas.

iH8, I haven't tried that chicken sandwich from KFC yet. It looks like one bite will give you an instant massive heart attack.

Some stuff you look at it and know you're wrong when you eat it.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

@ PlayAction

It happened about a week and a half ago after we traded for Ravens QB John Beck.

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | August 12, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

The Cowboys will go 12-4 this year. If we can somehow stay healthy we go 13-3. Any takers?

MrIrvin88, BigBlueStar:

NICE!

Posted by: DoomsDayD | August 12, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Isn't BLUE STAR OINTMENT a cream for jock itch?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 12, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:15 AM

FYI - Wraps aren't healthy....alot of times, their calorie count is even higher...

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 12, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

Multiple screen names is not cool. b-b, l_s, t_e notwithstanding.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:24 AM

Um, no...he definitely counts...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 12, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

SteveK, that ish was on cue right there!

I'd be cool with CP, LJ, and either Torain or Westbrook.

I said way back when that LJ has a lot left in the tank. I expect him to have a decent to good season with DA SKINS!

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

MrIrvin88, BigBlueStar:

NICE!

Posted by: DoomsDayD | August 12, 2010 11:34 AM

the Cowgirls will go 14 - 2

(14 arrests and 2 convictions).

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 12, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 12, 2010 11:27 AM

Good call

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Some stuff you look at it and know you're wrong when you eat it.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I saw the commercial for that the same day my doctor told me I had high cholestrol and had to change my diet.

That sandwich was created to toruture me.

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 12, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Thanks - MyPostIDisAfake - i was away from the computer for a while,i must say that i'm disappointed in the news! Thanks again.

Posted by: 1956fan4life | August 12, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

RE: Wraps are unhealthy

***Hand over ears while rambling a-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la....***

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | August 12, 2010 11:28 AM |

Well, Jones should know about QB's that cost their teams' games. Tony Homo fumbles snaps to ice wins and tosses picks to stop his teams' playoff victory total in the 21st century at ONE!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 12, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for checking in and spending some time with us. Good to know RI is one of your on-line destinations.

I never peek in on any of your blogs, because I don't give 2 hoots what you guys say or think.

Have a nice life.

Posted by: p1funk | August 12, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

SteveK, that ish was on cue right there!

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:36 AM

Damn, even I didn't think it would be that fast.

Did you catch the basher after the fact?

Should be a post about poop in 10, 9, 8...

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 12, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

I miss BOOFER

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 12, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

MrIrvin88, BigBlueStar:

NICE!

Posted by: DoomsDayD | August 12, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

The Cowboys go 8-8.

Romo has too much pressure to get Dez Bryant involved in the game. Meaning he's going to throw bad passes his way.

Plus your owner just couldn't help himself. Had to say something stupid about McNabb, I would personally like to thank Jerry Jones for that.

In case you retards haven't received the memo, your O-Line is in trouble.

Left tackle-stinks, so does his backup
Leonard Davis- Old, will get injured
Gurode- he's okay
Columbo-really?

Your secondary will get torched by Santana, as usual.

Tony is going to be destroyed by Hayney and Orakpo.

That first loss you will not be able to get over, 8-8 miss the playoffs.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DoomsDayD | August 12, 2010 11:34 AM

I laid down some "DoomsDayD" last night.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

I'd be cool with CP, LJ, and either Torain or Westbrook.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

We need to keep Torain - a young back that can develop.

Agree 100% on LJ. Dude's career was "protected" by the fact that Priest Holmes took alot of the carries in front of him, so his wear-tear is low for his age.

Plus, his contract is all about incentives. He's toting the rock for cash straight up, and I have a feeling that incentive, plus the incentive to throw a slim-shady to all of his detractors is gonna motivate him.

Posted by: p1funk | August 12, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Tony Romo: Playoff Architect

3 trips, 2 INTS, 6 fumbles, 1-3 W-L

Posted by: MyPostIDisAfake | August 12, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26

"Redskins release Willie Parker to make room for Brian Westbrook. Book it!"

I hope not.

Thinking long term, let's make sure R Torain gets some on field time.

Adding Westbrook--a guy you might lose for exteneded time if he gets hit in the head, again--will cut into grooming a young'n in Torain.

Portis-Johnson-Torain is a nice enough rotation if you ask me.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 12, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

RE: Wraps are unhealthy

***Hand over ears while rambling a-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la....***

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

?!?!?

So you're saying that when I get my bacon-cheese steak w/mayo and BBQ sauce and throw it in a wrap, that doesn't make it "healthy"???

WTH! I'll just go back to using the sub-roll.

Posted by: p1funk | August 12, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Should be a post about poop in 10, 9, 8...

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 12, 2010 11:43 AM

Poop posts generally being around 2:45 each day

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Should be a post about poop in 10, 9, 8...

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 12, 2010 11:43 AM

Poop posts are usually around 2:45

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Portis-Johnson-Torain is a nice enough rotation if you ask me.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 12, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

And so it shall be. Keiland Williams to the practice squad for injury protection.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 12, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

8-8? There's a solid chance we'll win 8 games in the first half of the season alone (and no, I'm not counting the preseason games, you wise guys). I wouldn't be surprised if they re-named this site Cowboys Central. Before the hate rains down on me, I'm just kidding. Cowboys Place is way more appropriate.

Posted by: DoomsDayD | August 12, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: PlayAction | August 12, 2010 11:50 AM

Yeah, you're right, my bad. Was just referring to a certain other handle being used currently, which seems to be interchangeable with the poopmeister.

Posted by: stevek20147 | August 12, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 12, 2010 11:46 AM

True...but any benefit from that died when Herm Edwards put a league-record 416 carries on those "fresh" legs. Dude hasn't been the same since. I've heard he's looking better than he has at any point since that season, but I still think we're better served going with Westbrook as the #2 RB with Torain waiting in the wings.

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 12, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Where is the love for James "Shack" Harris?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 12, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I laid down some "DoomsDayD" last night.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

My g/f fell asleep, so I had to scrimmage with my practice squad. It was a five on one.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

p1funk

"WTH! I'll just go back to using the sub-roll."

I don't eat hamburgers, hot dogs, wraps, or po' boys.

Why?: Real men eat subs.

Chee-Burgers are only good if you make them on your own grill.

Hot dogs are made up of the part of the pig that's used to impregnant female pigs.

An italian with peppers or cheese steak only.

The Subway meatballa and a big Coke brings a smile every time.

Y'all eat your wraps and whatnot.

I'mma grind on a grinda 24-7.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 12, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Cowboys Place is a way more appropriate term for a run down shack full of hookers and coke than "crack house".

Posted by: DoomsDayD | August 12, 2010 11:52 AM

There...fixed it for ya...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 12, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Really haven't heard much about McNabb's performance in camp, how's he looked?

Posted by: saltine182 | August 12, 2010 9:38 AM

Found this intersting update: NFL notes: McNabb's transition to Skins not seamless

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/12/1388994/nfl-notes-mcnabbs-transition-to.html#ixzz0wPN2OlLs

Posted by: Alan4 | August 12, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Am I the only one who thinks we should not sign Westbrook?

I like our current guys.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 12, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

I think we need to come up with some litmus tests to discern whether we're dealing with actual CowPatty fans or if we're trolling ourselves.

I'd hate to get all worked up over nothing. I wouldn't say Dallas fans are scared of playing us or anything. I do think it says alot about their character, to lurk around here in a season where some (besides CowPattys) are picking them to win it all.

I think we can all agree that at the core of every Dallas fan is at least the specter of a paternity question...not quite sure who their Dad is... That's the only way I can see to justify the rampant insecurity.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 12, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | August 12, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

MrIvin88, BigBlueStar, DoomsDayD, All Cowboys Fans

Funny stuff but hold your fire. We got 4 weeks then all these dbags will see what they are messing with.

Posted by: 10peterbilt | August 12, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

If LJ isn't on the roster, then who's the short yardage back? Not saying its essential to have one, but it seems like the ideal platoon backfield consists of your jack-of-all-trades back (Portis), your change of pace/scat back (Torain, maybe Westbrook), and your grind it out short yardage back (Johnson).

Just got a text that Revis turned down a 10 year/120 million dollar contract... because he wanted 160 million.

F Revis if that's true. That's just being ridiculously greedy.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 12, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Isn't BLUE STAR OINTMENT a cream for jock itch?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 12, 2010 11:35 AM | Report abuse

I use it on my hemorroids.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 12, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Comments

There's my input and I'm glad I got that off my chest.

We will always defend the Star.

Posted by: BigBlueStar | August 12, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

so why the eff are you on our board posting your toxic hating comments? chances are you have never even been to one city in the state of texas. all you are is just a bandwagon under the refrigerator scum eating turd....im sick of you fake A$$ cowboy fans coming on here talking smack....go to your own dog gone post and post your toxic waste there...You will never see a skins fan on your dirty webstite cos we dont give a da** about yall....p*&^^ys

Posted by: mrhney03 | August 12, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Hey BigBlueStar,

Please, please protect The Star. And do you know the safest place to protect it? Right up your anal orifice. So shove it up their real good and tight until your face looks all puckered and drwawn like Jerry "Joan Rivers" Jones.

Posted by: SkinsKen | August 12, 2010 5:53 PM | Report abuse