Sitting in for JLaC

We're in desperate need of a new thread...like Jason is in desperate need of some R and R.
So, hey, peeps...Cindy here. Not a lot going on two daze after the Super Bowl, but a coupla stories command our attention and require our full analysis.
Sean Taylor is headed to the Pro Bowl and my real worry is not that we'll all watch the Pro Bowl, but that perhaps Taylor won't quite grasp the concept of the all-star game. Bless his heart, he lives to hit and seems to have no setting other than "11." That alone might make the game worth watching. [Oh, God, I'm talking myself into it. Chances are, I'll meet you all here.]
The other compelling story is that of the astro-nut. She drove from Houston to Orlando wearing a diaper??? Oy! I hate to judge -- no, wait, that's what this blog is all about -- but here's who is allowed to wear diapers: 1) infants 2) the elderly and incontinent 3) people celebrating New Year's (but not the people I'm with.) 4) people who are into that sort of thing.
As my mom and I told my dad when he told us we could make better time on our family vacations if we "diapered up," no, no, no.

By Cindy Boren  |  February 6, 2007; 1:45 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Super Bowl Wrap Up
Next: The Jansen Contract

Comments

That's the only reason I watching. Nothing wrong with some hitting. lol

Posted by: jm220 | February 6, 2007 2:00 PM | Report abuse

I hear this Joe Gibbs retiring thing is gaining momenteum.....

I wouldn't wuite put it past him to retire right here right now. Dude is getting old and it ain't always the same as it use to be.

BTW - I never knew that George Allen Sr. was fired two game into the preseason the season after he was let go by the LAncers due to a players revolt. Interesting............

Posted by: 4th | February 6, 2007 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | February 6, 2007 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Nice of you to sit in for JLC, Cindy.

An interesting thought came to me last night. I'm positive that D. Green will easily make it into the HOF next year and the reason is because all the voters are saying to themselves, "If we vote in Darrell Green in, maybe all those Art Monk supporters will shut up."

Posted by: charlie | February 6, 2007 2:10 PM | Report abuse

...some co-workers are telling me that wearing depends is actually part of astronaut training...could this be?

Cindy- sweet reflexes on the p-word. Now we know it works.

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | February 6, 2007 2:12 PM | Report abuse

hey anonymous,

That was for me. I love that cam. And Cindy, where's the gnome for our snowcam!

Posted by: charlie | February 6, 2007 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Highlights from yesterday's blog:

"I have no idea why but I just had a horrifying image fly through my brain - The King in a sprinters spandex. . . . ahhhh sorry Cyn Cyty and Lisa ..."

Posted by: sfskin | February 6, 2007 12:54 AM

Posted by: Steve Sabol | February 6, 2007 2:14 PM | Report abuse

RI's theme song. Sung to the tune of Leo Sayer's "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing"

There is nothin' like bloggin'
It's got the better of me
Just put up a new post and I'm talkin'
To 4th, Lisa, dealer and diddy
I'm in a spin, you know
Bloggin 'bout everything from 'Skins to 24

You make me feel like bloggin'
I wanna blog the night away
You make me feel like bloggin'
I'm gonna blog the night away
You make me feel like bloggin'
I feel like bloggin'
Bloggin'
Blog the night away
I feel like bloggin'
Bloggin'
(Aaaah!)

Quarter to four in the morning
And Nate ain't feeling tired, oh, no, no, no, no
We keep it tight 'til the morning light
'Cause we don't wanna work at the office or home
The Post's put a spell on we
It's got us where it wants us to be

You make me feel like bloggin'
I wanna blog the night away
You make me feel like bloggin'
I'm gonna blog the night away
You make me feel like bloggin'
I feel like bloggin'
(Wooo!) Bloggin'
Blog the night away
I feel like bloggin'
Bloggin'

Posted by: H Mancini | February 6, 2007 2:19 PM | Report abuse

D Green has a few memorable plays...

1. Running down Dorsett
2. Punt Return Runback in 85(86?) Playoffs vs. Da Bears.

I must repeat. Riggo never made it to a pro bowl, but he's in. Harrisson dosen't have a memorable playoff catch, but they say he is a gaurrenteed 1st ballot HOFer (Hall of Fckrs). This ain't nothing but a popularity contest amongst sportwriters.

Re: Taylor to Pro Bowl - I hope this fool won't take this and try to get a better deal then his current one.

Re: JAnsen - I don't know if this has been clarified, but Jansen got a New Deal effective 2007. The portion of his past bonuses that were not amortized will be added to the current contract which will spread the remaining amount over the remaining contract years (5 - 2011). This prob lowers his cap # for atleast 2 years, maybe 3. But we will still get take a big hit in those final years (which we can always transfer to another Credit Card as I explained a few months ago).....

Posted by: 4th Floor | February 6, 2007 2:19 PM | Report abuse

There's snow in the forecast tonight, so keep an eye on the snowcam!!!!!!!!! It totally needs a gnome.
As for the TK/Wilbon video, that might be me. It might not.
All I know is that it was filmed in TK's dressing room at "PTI." We're gonna do more of that, but alter the format a bit. It'll be a feature three days a week, until Tony starts "MNF" prep in July.
That was just our first stab at it. Always a good idea to try something new when you've had three hours of sleep.
We'd like to add a blogger question each day. You guys up for that?
Can we talk about "24" now?

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Holy shti!

I had no idea that I was such a fashionista wearing my hacked up Hefty trash bag poncho to sporting events (photo 1)

Wonder what that number retails for?

Adam

Posted by: EaglesFan | February 6, 2007 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait to see what happens between Jack and the newly widowed and always hot Mrs. Graeme Bauer.

If we watch the Pro Bowl, we all better be liquored up. Seriously.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 2:27 PM | Report abuse

BTW, how silly was the "reveal" that Morris was the guy they wanted to abduct? Right out of "No Way Out".

LOVED IT. I called it the minute he started doing it.

Only two "Damnit!" from last night, so I didn't get drunk. Sad.

Two hour episode next Monday!

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 2:28 PM | Report abuse

It confuses me. As do women and time travel theories.

Posted by: Dorf | February 6, 2007 12:16 PM

Hey Dorf,

Rent the first season of Red Dwarf (a Brit comedy) and watch the Future Echos episode. It's the most brilliant and funny show ever made about time travel.

Posted by: charlie | February 6, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

And you shall call me...jm199.5

Posted by: jm200 | February 6, 2007 02:17 PM

I think jm220 should reserve the right to call newbie "mini-me".

Just got caught up with all the news and the blog (the blog is much more informative, by the way)...what is the deal with that astronaut chick? Must've been breathing without her mask on when she was on the shuttle.

Posted by: 4-12 | February 6, 2007 2:33 PM | Report abuse

Totally derivative of "No Way Out." I was screaming at the set, "Morris, you're dead meat, dude! Don't de-pixilate!"
No QUESTION Jack will comfort Graeme's widow...You knew James Cromwell's character was gonna be nuanced, unless he gets a series for next season. Then they'll off him like he's Haysbert.
Meanwhile, could they please kill Chloe? She is the worst actress ever.
BTW, just altered my Saturday "agenda." It now reads: 1) sign on to Internets; 2) get liquored up; 3) blog guts out.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 2:36 PM | Report abuse

As for the TK/Wilbon video, that might be me. It might not.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 02:20 PM

Well Cindy, it's good to know that you know who you are?????

Posted by: charlie | February 6, 2007 2:36 PM | Report abuse

How I hope that one day someone loves me enough to diaper up and drive cross-country.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 2:37 PM | Report abuse

There is going to be a run on adult diapers today by serial killers across the country.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

This may be more information than you want to know. Back in the day, Vietnam era, I flew a combat jet for the Navy. We had a device whose official name was "Relief Tube". Basically, it was cone attached to a hose. Needless to say, it was very difficult to use with the harness we wore. Today, pilots (both male and female) fly very long missions compared to the max 2 hour sorties I flew. I am not familiar with how relief is accomplished today, but perhaps "Depends" is the accepted method of relief.

The whole female astronaut story is very sad indeed.

Posted by: Mark | February 6, 2007 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Shoot! Forgot No. 4 -- turn on Pro Bowl!!!
Meanwhile, we're at 29,153 posts. Dame will let us know when we get to 30,000.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 02:37 PM

For your safety, I hope you love them back.

Posted by: LH | February 6, 2007 2:40 PM | Report abuse

ok...if I have to see Guiliani kiss his wife on tv one more time I'm gonna yack.

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | February 6, 2007 2:41 PM | Report abuse

How contrived does this whole "Giuliani in Love" thing look? Presidential Candidates might be the funniest strata of our species, save for diaper-wearing astronauts.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 2:43 PM | Report abuse

BTW, the Achenblog is claiming 90,000 comments.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Did somebody say they've got some yack?

Posted by: M. Irvin | February 6, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Cyn City we hope you are much fun as Nate.

I for one don't want that type of love. It just freaks me out thinking about it.

Posted by: jm220 | February 6, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Prepare to throw up in your mouth a little bit. Or, perhaps, to just ralph all over:

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Achenblog has been up at least twice as long as RI.
I believe we just celebrated our six-month anniversary.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

When Jack father said he needed a min. I knew the other son was dead meat. The really need to give LBP some back bone.

Posted by: jm220 | February 6, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I guess we know who the NY Post is going to endorse. I wonder if Hizzoner can bring an airbrush with him on the campaign trail.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

ugh. and the energizer bunny comment? gross.

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | February 6, 2007 2:50 PM | Report abuse

I thought LBP demonstrated significant backbone last night. I like where the character arc is going. Can he shut down Vice President Daniels' scheming? Will he have the guts to dismiss Ally McBeal? Etc. I like his arc.

BTW, LBP's little soliloquy was HORRIBLY written. The writers of "24" are risk-averse to using contractions.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Screw you guys and your spoilers. Way to blow it for me...

Disclaimers and caveats people! Now I'm not in the mood. Looks like Heroes is on the docket for this afternoon's cardio workout.

Maybe its just me, but I don't feel like Taylor deserves to be in Hawaii... no more than Roy Williams does at least. They both looked pretty bad this year.

Posted by: Dorf | February 6, 2007 2:55 PM | Report abuse

We should all diaper up for the Pro Bowl.
Nah, never mind.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Dorf

I thought you was on the east coast. Sorry brother.

Posted by: jm220 | February 6, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

wow. Cindy...are you proposing a RI depends party?!

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | February 6, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Cyn City are you drinking over there? No way in God's green earth!

Posted by: jm220 | February 6, 2007 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Whoa, sounds like we need a do-over on the 24 posting blaw.

I thought the blaw was no commenting without spoiler warning until the show finishes running on the west coast.

But maybe a 24-hour moratorium on commenting without spoiler warning would be more appropriate for the Tivo contingent? Bummer, Dorf.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Now that Sean has made Pro Bowl I expect him to play like a Pro Bowler. He needs to step up his game.

4th, you score a hundred td's in the league its a automatic in. Like baseball 3000 hits or 500 homers (unless you do roids)

Posted by: Old School | February 6, 2007 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Gulliani, what is that like his 4th wife? The man is supreme jerk, son of gangsters flim flam man and the only good things about him make him completely unelectable as a republican...

Americas mayor... what a load in some depends if you ask me and he WAS my mayor...

Posted by: chris Larry | February 6, 2007 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, whether that is or is not you in the TW/MW video, my declaration of love from Sunday still holds true.

If the person featured in the video who dares to try and corral those two chatterboxes is not you, I should probably go ahead and declare my love for her as well.

Just let's not hear anything about bediapered x-country drives to the PDX.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 3:04 PM | Report abuse

TK/MW video...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Cindy is who she thought she was.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 6, 2007 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Oops, sorry. I forgot. Still sleep deprived from Super Bowl.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 3:05 PM | Report abuse

St. Joe Hogs,0072
St. Joseph Livestock
jdusda
ST. JOSEPH, Mo.

Hog Market Open, Mid-Session, and Close.
Estimated Receipts: 200.
Compared to last Monday, barrows and gilts sold 1.00 higher.
Pct Lean Weight Price
46-50 240-290 lbs 45.50-46.00
Sows: steady.
1-2 300-500 lbs 27.00-28.00,
1- 500-700 lbs 30.00-32.00
Boars: Steady. 300-700 lbs 12.00

Posted by: not loco | February 6, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Yeah that diaper deal is just a little on the over-the-edge side for me. Astro-nut ain't the half of it. The question is did she kick the other chicks but or just spray maze? where's the tape? YouTube?

Posted by: Astro and Elroy | February 6, 2007 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Cindy,

Can you e-mail Nate about the t-shirts? They're there just waiting to go!

Posted by: charlie | February 6, 2007 3:18 PM | Report abuse

I love you, too, Nate. And so does the woman in that video.
Waiting to hear from legal on the T-shirts...

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Thanks old School!

I think is too late in the game for Gibbs to retire now. But, I am starting to see this as his farewell season. We MUST bring back the Lombardi Trophy this year. Campbell can do it.......

Posted by: 4th | February 6, 2007 3:24 PM | Report abuse

HOLD UP, HOLD UP, HOLD UP!!!!!!!! Now, I can see where you are coming from Cindy; it's a little weird to be wearing a diaper. But there is only one more person who can pull off the diaper look. GARY SHIDER OF PARLIAMENT/FUNKADELIC. Don't act like you guys don't know. This guitar playing, unbelievable singin funkster has been putting it down since the 70's!!

watch that whole link and you will see what I am talking about. (the man who sings lead) And if you don't know who parliament/funkadelic is, well, then you have more serious problems.

Posted by: Macaca Johnson | February 6, 2007 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Macaca raises an excellent point. Thank you, Macaca.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 3:28 PM | Report abuse

P-funk saved WMUC (UMD radio) when I was at College Park. It was straight out of a movie.

Posted by: Jeff Hayes | February 6, 2007 3:30 PM | Report abuse

So Cindy, I missed most of earlier blog......is there a picture of you somewhere on here?

Posted by: TM | February 6, 2007 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Way to keep hitting the food bar for the coked up hamsters, Cindy! Very much appreciated, and I'm sure J-La (and more importantly Mrs. J-La) appreciates it too. My second born was born 6 weeks early and I attribute that to my wife's over-exertion when I was away on work travel. [Daughter ended up in NICU for 12 days, tube in her lungs for 4.] Hoping for the best for the soon-to-expand La Toucanfora posse.

The Jansen deal seems like the biggest news here. Hopefully, Wade won't get a starter job (or starter money) so he can be our #3 OT. Still, he played great in the N.O. game.

I had the exact same thought about ST in the Pro Bowl ... playing at full steam being the legitimatized analog to scaring the shti out of ATM stealers. He does go to 11 ... and is going to knock vomit out of somebody ... and you can't dust for vomit.

Dorf, from the last thread, I'm so so on Gil ... seemed like they added him to the character list when they needed another secondary male character to replace one of the best characters of all time -- Troy McClure ("You may remember me from such films as 'Gladys, the Groovy Mule' or 'Calling All Quakers'."). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_mcclure May his soul rest in peace. Still makes me feel sad ...

Thursday (I think) is the day that teams can start slapping on franchise (and transition) tags on players. I wonder if there is way to unslap the accidental franchise tag (well, at least it seems that way) on Archuleta.

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 3:44 PM | Report abuse

cindy, wow!!! you should be a writer or something. and work for a newspaper or something. full of wit and sarcasm. love it. you know what they say jason, you snooze you lose!

though i haven't seen the video cuz it crashes my IE. i'm still debating weather to fight nate over you.

BUT i do have requests of fellow bloggers...it's simply a request...could you guys please not use the imagery of throw up in your mouth. i find it very graphic and can almost taste... i'm all for "ralph all over" as a substitute.

I believe we just celebrated our six-month anniversary.

and we weren't invited?

SFLANCERs, you KNOW i'd never do a btichy thing like that. i was just trying to give you credit, a shoutout, internets style. but you're right it probly makes sense to remove "skins" from your name.

ohh ohh it seems like jack's son has something to do with it? cuz did you see how he went "grampa" and hugged babe. and babe was like WTF?!

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 3:45 PM | Report abuse

cindy, you know i love you right? hoping no disrespect when i ask you to hook up diddy with Sara/sarah Goo of wapo. i think they'd make a cute couple. eventhough i think she's way out of diddy's league in every aspect. especially intellectually. ;P

BUT i think she's already married though right? (judging from her third name and all which sometimes appears and sometimes doesn't.)

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

If only I could use "Coke up, hamsters!" for the header!
"Sorry, Wrong Closet" and "Leper in the Backfield" were, for my money, the best of the Troy McClure oeuvre.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, I can't hook up bloggers and staffers. I can only hook bloggers up with other bloggers.
Dealer, would "gack like a yak" work for you?

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Cexy Cindy-

Can you confirm these Jansen rumors?

Posted by: AE | February 6, 2007 3:58 PM | Report abuse

This Achenblog shabingus has me riled up.

I ain't so good with the maths, but if they're claiming 90k comments in a year and we're approaching 30k in six months, by my calculations the first train will reach Des Moines at 6:14pm Central.

Rally, troops, rally!

Onwards, you coked-up hamsters!

Gack like yaks!

Do it for La Toucanfora! Do it for Cindy! Do it for the Lancers! Just do it!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, would "gack like a yak" work for you?

well diddy did say he's looking for a new job and loves to write. maybe he could get a job in the TRAVEL section at wapo?

yes, thank you cindy. anything but that other thing/phrase. please!

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 3:59 PM | Report abuse

how about Hogskins? with one of the "hogs" as our mascot?

Posted by: charlie | February 6, 2007 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Do you folks really watch the ProBowl? To me the Pro Bowl is unwatchable, boring football. I agree with Wilbon (think it was him anyway) that they ought to just have an awards banquet/show with lots of highlights (and signature moments of course) of the selected players. That and the risk of injury is too great - what if Taylor blows out a knee in this meaningless game. Thoughts?

Posted by: skinswest | February 6, 2007 4:01 PM | Report abuse

For anyone who has watched too much TV and then regretted it (I think that means everyone of us) take a looksie here.

Posted by: charlie | February 6, 2007 4:02 PM | Report abuse

though i don't comment on achenblog...he's good. real good. wait i think i'm thinking of howard kurtz. but anyways...he's a political dude right?

well? what do you think us coked up hamsters need to do...

did you guys here about Mr. Arizona senator, ex-POW hiring the same people who took shots at his mil. carrer in 2000 primaries to be his ad people? i always liked mr. mccaine. but c'mon. that's kinda weird.

and if guiliani couldn't beat hillary in fcking NY!!! he aint going to beat anyone in any national election.

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

dcsween, wow, that's a scary tale about the mom-to-be. I will bear that in mind when we are expecting Nathan Jr. 2.0. My job has me travel occasionally, and it's no joke how much stress that causes the missus. Heck, sometimes just being away at the office all day feels like abandonment.

OK OK OK

4th, where are you getting this premonition about Gibbs leaving after this season? Yes, he could leave today or a year from now, but he's on record as saying he wants to stay through the contract.

Already starting to daydream about how well our Lancers are going to do next season. I mean, you look at the schedule (in your mind), how do you see us not going 13-3, 12-4 at worst? Come ON people!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

dealer, McCain went from really cool guy to pathetic sham, seemingly overnight. He used to be independent in many ways, a true maverick and a bona fide war hero, and now he is a pathetic hack politican who is desperate to be president. It's a damned shame, IMO.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 4:08 PM | Report abuse

i wonder what snyder is doing right at this very moment. and gibbs isn't here rigth? he's somewhere nascaring? i wonder if he's having a jerry moment. "hmmm i can make al the OC, double G as the DC and hmmmmmmmm me and vinny on the sidelines?..."

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:09 PM | Report abuse

skinswest, I think every player on the AFC offense is worried about Taylor blowing out a knee, i.e., some knee not his own.

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Jansen and the Skins appear to have a deal in principle, but the paperwork hasn't gone through yet.
I agree with Skinswest on the bogusness of the Pro Bowl. I don't usually watch it, but if you guys are here and I have alcohol and a nice warm couch, I might give it a go.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 4:09 PM | Report abuse

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

-Yogi Berra

Posted by: charlie | February 6, 2007 4:10 PM | Report abuse

That's what's great about football and baseball. Everybody starts 0-0 at the beginning of the season. The sky's the limit. I am the perpetual optimist.

Posted by: Mark | February 6, 2007 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Cexy Cindy-

Thanks for the reply. what about Springs? Same deal?

Posted by: AE | February 6, 2007 4:12 PM | Report abuse

nate, that was my reaction too towards mccaine. HOW can you do that? it's like snyder hiring marty. actually that was nothing.

really it's a very despearte move. why people do such things and ruin all they've worked for all their lives is beyond me.

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Not sure yet on Springs.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 4:14 PM | Report abuse

i see a 13-3 record nate. they'll probly go 12-1 and nothing to play for in the last two games.

probly play NO in the first round. then the bears (with patrick ramsey at QB).

and play marty and the boys in the SB.

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Mark, did your previous comment have something to do with the Caps and Wizards always seeming to start the season with a handful of losses?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | February 6, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

now that i've said it it'll probly never happen. it'll all be my fault if it doesn't happen. i SUCK!

and people we really need another WR! who's atleast only an inch or two shorter than JC. JC giant throwing to speedy midgets isn't working. (ohh crap...am i starting something)

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:19 PM | Report abuse

dealer, I like it, I like it a lot.

All-Pro selection for our new star CB (AKA FA-CB-TBA) and defensive rookie of the year for our stud rookie D-lineman. Portis and Betts each go over 1,000 yards, Portis scoring let's say 10 touchdowns.

Jason Campbell continues to improve, "taking what the defense gives him" and "managing the game" while a couple times a week making an eye-popping great throw.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Nate - When he said that, It was still a mild form of 'Coach Speak'.

Who knows what will happened between now and the end of Next Season (Family related or health wise). He has a lot going on in his personal life and his son quit on him/us and headed back to NASCAR......

Posted by: 4th | February 6, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

For the record:

Hillary C didnt beat Gulianni b/c Rudy had to drop out due to cancer and divorce scandal so they never got to go head 2 head....

But F Gullianni def

Posted by: chris Larry | February 6, 2007 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Most of us want to know how astronauts use the bathroom. The restroom is small. There is a door that can be closed. Astronauts have to use a seat belt so that they won't float away! Space toilets flush with air-not water. The waste is put in plastic bags. It is taken back to Earth.

Posted by: Buzz Lightyear | February 6, 2007 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Some in NASCAR seem to think that Coy leaving will help Gibbs. Coy will be able to assist J.D., so Gibbs will be less needed to do that.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 4:28 PM | Report abuse

"Web" are you out there I cued you!

Posted by: chris Larry | February 6, 2007 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Wasn't one of the secondary agenda items for Gibbs 2.0 to see about starting an NFL coaching career for Coy? I guess that didn't work out, so now he can go back to the family business. No sweat.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 4:30 PM | Report abuse

When did coy leave?

I remember watching him QB his HS team (Woodson?) against my school Lake Braddock (bruins baby!) back in the late 80s and Gibbs was in attendence...we were all in a tizzy about being in the prescence of greatness...

Posted by: chris Larry | February 6, 2007 4:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | February 6, 2007 4:36 PM | Report abuse

end of year JC stats: 21 TD's to 7 int's, 2 rushing TD's, 9 sacks (sets an NFL record i think).

D-line=2 BRAND new state of the art starters

LB's=2 new starters
1 new state of the art CB

RB's= 1200+ for portis with 20 TD's, 700+ 3 fumbles, 2 TD's.

week 2= 2-0 (lancer fans fearing the curse of going 2-0)

cindy, that makes sense. and also i think he left to help his brother (cuz of his sick son/nephew) right?

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:36 PM | Report abuse

My dream:
11-5, with losses to the Eagles, Patriots, Jets, Bears and Tampa (in another flukey game in FL). #2 Seed in the playoffs.

Posted by: Diesel | February 6, 2007 4:37 PM | Report abuse

shut up jason!

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Not sure what Gibbs is doing, but whatever it is, I'm sure that he is doing his guts out at it.

The best reason for a Guiliani presidency? Having his son mimic him while standing next to him during the inaugural speech and state of the union addresses.

Nate, the ProBowl corners include Ronde Barber, DeAngelo Hall, Rashean Mathis, Lito Sheppard (injured), Chris McAlister, Champ Bailey, and Walt Harris. No mulligans on the last two. None of the rest are free agents. The money FAs are Mark & Twain, i.e., Samuel & Clement. The defensive rookie of the year (other otherwise most highly ranked defensive player in the draft) is Alan Branch/DT (aka John Henderson version 2.0), and lots of mock draft sites project him to go to the Skins at #6 ... which assumes that we don't trade down to get two or more first day picks.

I dunno ... you think the Skins could pull it together with replacement starters only at CB and DT? Maybe. Actually, probably (assuming Archuleta can play MLB better than Lemar ... and that either Prioleau or Doughty or Fox steps up to the proverbial "next level"). Our only remaining open spot to compete would be DE ... maybe the FO would trade one of the soon-to-be-outcompeted DTs (Big Joe, Cornelius, Golston, or Montgomery) for a DE?

All these prattling polyannas of positivity (opposite of nattering nabobs of negativism) are likely to awaken Megskin from her blog slumber for a big smack down about defense chicken counting based on eggs.

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse

I'd be surprised if Taylor Gibbs's illness weren't a contributing factor in Coy Gibbs's decision, yes. While Joe Gibbs's commitment to coaching is certainly strong, the JGR business is the family legacy. Don't ever forget that.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 4:40 PM | Report abuse

just curious as to how the indianapolis NFL team, ManDungians (jason, i'm proposing a blaw for your sake that we never confuse a bmorian team with indianapolis team) are able to keep people like archie's boy, marvin harrison AND reggie wayne? and that offensive line, for so many years? (*whisper* shhhh draft shhhhh)

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:42 PM | Report abuse

Nate,

I am so busy any more, I only really follow football and baseball. If the truth be known, I really only pay close attention to the Lancers - the only team that can still thrill me and break my heart. I am always optimistic at the beginning of the season.

Posted by: Mark | February 6, 2007 4:43 PM | Report abuse

My "sources" (bar stool mavens at the Tune Inn on Capitol Hill) among the urban elite of NASCAR fans tell me that Coy Gibbs is leaving to start a Moto-Cross team, not to get back into NASCAR.

Diesel, why do you dream of losses?

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

so cindy, it's almost a given that skins are going to make a superbowl run in '07-'08. god willing everything works out fine with jason et family. will you cover for jason? and feed this monster (and us coked up (soon to be ravaged(?)) hampsters)...go to Lancerania and do the locker room thingie...and again if you need help covering the lancers in the superbwol let me know...i'll do it for free...all i want is those press creds. hmmmmmmmmm maybe there ought to be a contest...and then i'll just buy the creds from the winner...GENIUS!

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Diesel, why do you dream of losses?

Posted by: dcsween

LOL!!!!!!

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

It is a motocross team, but I think there's a little more to it than that.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Spoiler Alert!
Tim Goodman has posted on "24."

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

We'll I see indecisiveness then. It is well documented that Coy came back with Dad to get a foot hold in the NFL. Now, they switch the gameplan w/o telling anyone.

Cindy - You're right. Family Legacy trumpths Redskins Legacy...

Posted by: 4th | February 6, 2007 5:00 PM | Report abuse

okay, i'm kinda how shall i put this in PC format...racing cars in a circle challenged, so don't know the difference between motocross and nascar...i tried googling but nothing...with pictures came up...

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, I figured as much, as in Joe Gibbs "Racing" is about "racing", not just NASCAR. It makes sense that a "sport" as pimped out to advertising like NASCAR provides entry passes to other big sponsorship opportunities (read, $$$$) and thus that motocross would be a logical extension. This can't have been a decision made lightly.

Back to the Skins for a second, charlie offered 'Hogskins' ... makes sense from a historical context, but even more historical (and hanging onto part of the name) would be 'Pigskins'. Of course, the cool R would go, but a cool P is only a serif away from an R.

I like the Red Lancers, but its two words, and, well, a little bit 'French' in the whole Napolean thing. If I learned anything important from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, it was that Napolean was a d!ck.

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 5:03 PM | Report abuse

dealer, NASCAR is automobiles (and actually, some certain kinds of autos). Motocross is motorcycles.

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 5:05 PM | Report abuse

People pay to see motorcycles...cycle?

If they'd pay for that, I wonder if they'd pay to buy pet food online.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 5:07 PM | Report abuse

I see indecision on Coy's part, not on Grampa Gibbs' part. Coy is old enough to be making his own decisions. Plus it's not like he was setting the world on fire as, what, assistant to the associate quality control clipboard lugger?

Now, if one of the coordinators were suddenly leaving, I would call that switching the gameplan. For Coy to go back to racing or flying kites or whatever, whoop dee doo.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 5:07 PM | Report abuse

A beautiful history lesson for Bawl-mer peeps, hon.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 6, 2007 5:09 PM | Report abuse

Mark, same here. I pay passing attention to the Caps and Wiz when the NFL season is over, and I'm trying to get over my baseball boredom to fall in love with the Nats, but the Lancers are my be-all, end-all.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 5:09 PM | Report abuse

dcsween,
I like to a hint of reality in my dreams. Like when I had a dream that I won the lottery, the prize was another free scratch off lotery ticket.
And the dream I had when I was a teenager of skinny dipping with Tipper Gore, because Cindy Crawford was just too unrealistic.

Posted by: Diesel | February 6, 2007 5:10 PM | Report abuse

you'd think that be a demotion, going from racing cars to racing bikes?

just read sfgate, thanks cindy!

okay, we need to have yet another contest...

best jack bauer. youtube it. and we'll judge.

and chloe or both...

that breathing is killing me. he should at least run a lap around the room before he does those scenes. it sounds like me trying to fake my dad on the phone that i wasn't asleep at 10AM my freshman year/college...

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 05:03 PM

Excellent!!

Posted by: skinswest | February 6, 2007 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Last week, somebody mentioned that they knew somebody who knew somebody who knew somebody who heard a rumor that the Skins FO might be looking to add Bobby DePaul (who has connections to both DC and St. Joe version 1.0). Did we ever find out whether there were any legs to this rumor? Looks like he has some of the other skills that a GM would need/use (like salary cap mgmt skills), and has worked in a Front Office that actually got a team into the Super Bowl. THIS is the kind of guy who should warm his butt in a seat on Redskins One, plus no salary cap (yet) for coaches or GMs.

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 5:14 PM | Report abuse

diesel, if Tipper Gore shows up in your dreams, who comes to your nightmares?!?!

I hear ya on needing to be realistic about the whole "any given Sunday" thing, but I'm not ready to open my wallet on particular teams or games until after free agency and the draft, and most importantly, retirement decisions and defections/trade among offensive line starters. This time last year, I thought our toughest, least winnable game was going to be Carolina ... by week 5, I was convinced that there was no way we could beat the Saints (actually, thought that until the 3rd quarter of that game).

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Nate me and you after the school bell....

I think they had a long talk and Gibbs 2.4 spinned it in away to make Coy accept that he has no future in the NFL and brought in the idea of going back to JGR. At least Gibbs 2.4 or his brother did.....

Posted by: 4th | February 6, 2007 5:20 PM | Report abuse

I thought Tipper had a certain something back in the day. The whole labels on music thing, those frumpy dumpy business suits, the sparkling smile. You know an incredibly uptight, repressed person like that is a wildcat then the lights go out. Mrowr!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 5:23 PM | Report abuse

Nate, that might explain the attraction to a guy so wooden and stiff.

Simpsons flash (from the road trip to Knoxville episode) ...
Martin: I just spent the last ten bucks on this Al Gore doll.
Al Gore doll: You are hearing me talk.

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 5:28 PM | Report abuse

4th, brother, we're cool, okay.

None of this after the school bell stuff. I'm still sensitive to that sort of thing, all these years after being a hybrid nerd/spaz before that was cool. I actually kept our fooball team's stats in the press box during my senior year of HS. Good times.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 5:39 PM | Report abuse

My bad NAte, didn't know that you were the Screech of your school. I was joking anyway....

I apologize for any of the jocks that punked you back in the day, I'm sure you can laugh at them when you go to your reunions........

Posted by: 4th | February 6, 2007 5:41 PM | Report abuse

I guess on some level I've always been trying to avoid those smacks to the back of the head from the big and strong.

Just had to earn respeck the hard way, with the brains instead of the brawn! I'm sure at least one of you had the same basic experience coming up. dealer, charlie?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Skins just formally announced the Jansen deal.

Posted by: Cindy | February 6, 2007 5:51 PM | Report abuse

I admit I'm a fan of Peyton Manning but the talking heads are taking it to the other extreme now and anointing him the greatest QB ever. These are the same folks who said he couldn't win the big one before the past few weeks. Just heard Pasquerelli-dolt say he'd take BBM in his prime over Elway and Montana in theirs. BBM may end up being the best, he certainly will have the stats when his career is over but holy cow let's see him win some more Super Bowls before putting him on that pedestal.

1 Montana
2 Elway
3 Favre
4 Brady
5 Manning
6 Marino, Fouts, Aikman, Staubach, Kelly
Never saw Unitas and memory of Bradshaw is hazy - forgetting anyone (modern era)

OK, looking at the top guys he's definitely in the conversation but don't see him better than 5 yet.

Posted by: skinswest | February 6, 2007 6:01 PM | Report abuse

YES! News. Thank. You. Cindy!

On the extremeskins blog site, there is some suggestion that it wasn't just restructuring (and lengthening), but also something that might be considered a pay "cut" ... at least compared to the money he would be making under the pre-existing contract. Do you think there will be something about it from Howard tomorrow (or Les? or Amy Shipley? also, who is she? is she new?)

Posted by: dcsween | February 6, 2007 6:03 PM | Report abuse

skinswest, good exercise. Among QB's I've seen... hard to parse now that such an emphasis is put on 'game management'...

1. Elway
2. Montana
3. Manning
4. Marino
then Favre, Steve Young, Brady, etc etc.

Wait, I think I forgot Jeff George. He's in there somewhere. What were we supposed to be ranking?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 6:09 PM | Report abuse

From my sources, this is a BRAND NEW DEAL. Not an extension. But, you still have to carry over the unamortized portion of bonuses from the old contract.

Posted by: 4th | February 6, 2007 6:10 PM | Report abuse

This will probably not be a surprise to anyone.....but I actually DO watch the Pro Bowl! I even watch the NFL Scouting Combine...thanks to my good buddy the NFL Network.

Posted by: Lisa | February 6, 2007 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Lisa - Back when the skins were good I used to think I'd watch the pro bowl to continue the football fix and would always end up turning it off after 5 min. I am a huge draft geek though - by April I need me some football and can't get enough of the draft. It used to drive me nuts that the skins never had a #1 pick. Hindsight being what it is I sure miss that Beathard magic.

Posted by: skinswest | February 6, 2007 6:21 PM | Report abuse

The Scouting Combine is FUN FUN FUN. You see these guys out there playing and stuff, and you have no idea how athletic they really are. Watching them do the shuttle drill and then going outside and trying to do it myself...let's just say that it's not only humbling, but it makes me appreciate the NFL that much more.

The NFL Network is the single greatest network on television. Period.

BTW, I noticed the Lifetime Movie Network was getting into Super Bowl spirit last Saturday night as well. They aired a movie about a high school football team that raped a cheerleader and got away with it.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Nate, good call on Steve Young - knew I was forgetting some guys. George wasn't one of them though.

Posted by: skinswest | February 6, 2007 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Gus Frerotte certainly deserves consideration.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 6:24 PM | Report abuse

I see a 13-3 record next year due to 3 factors: 1)We have a weaker schedule than years past, with the exception of Chicago and NE, 2)Joe Gibbs is going to go Joe Gibbs on everybody's a**, 3)Campbell will throw 35 TD's next year.

What about re-signing Dockery and what LB or CB will we be signing this offseason?

Posted by: jm199.5 | February 6, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Montana
Elway
Manning
Young
Brady
J. Schroeder

Posted by: jm199.5 | February 6, 2007 6:33 PM | Report abuse

I just got a chance to watch TK and Wilbon. Couple of things that I notice.

1. Love the Pumping Irony poster.(still laughing)
2. My money says that is Cyn City. (TK calls out your name)

I am watching the Pro Bowl hoping the Reaper lay into someone.

Posted by: jm220 | February 6, 2007 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Gus Frerotte certainly deserves consideration.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 06:24 PM

Head butt HOF?

Posted by: skinswest | February 6, 2007 6:37 PM | Report abuse

jm199.5

WTF?! Did you lose a bicep and a quad at the gym today?

Posted by: Art81Monk | February 6, 2007 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Where is the video? (too lazy to scroll up :-) ).

I think Jay Schroeder needs to get into the HOF, based mostly on his body of work with the Raiders. If we omit that he ever played for the 'Skins, Dr. Z would vote for him, I'm sure of it.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 6:38 PM | Report abuse

BTW, was it ever made public who delivered the presentation on behalf of Art Monk? Maybe what we need to do is lobby for Peter King to deliver that presentation next year. If, as Adam Schefter intimated, the strength of the presentation and influence of the presenter goes a long way, that may be the ticket in.

Apparently there is a slacker convention here in Seattle. There is a gaggle of 40 people sitting outside my Starbucks doing...nothing. Though, on occasion, they do break out in interpretive dance. Not quite pre-Super Bowl hilarity, but hilarity nonetheless. Was that an ostrich in the pre-game festivities?

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 6:41 PM | Report abuse

Skins 12-4 or 13-3 next year? Wow. If he does that Gibbs should be reenshrined in the HOF with his own wing. Gibbs may be able to turn it around on offense, but they're going to need miracles for that defense.

Posted by: skinswest | February 6, 2007 6:41 PM | Report abuse

NewsFlash! Jon Jansen was just interviewed via phone on Comcast and he was asked about his "new deal." Jon said he did not restructure....this is a totally new deal. He said the team came to him and told him they want him to finish his career here - and he wants the same.

Posted by: Lisa | February 6, 2007 6:43 PM | Report abuse

13-3 or 12-4 in that division is impossible. 10-6 is reasonable. All you need to do is get in the playoffs. Anything can happen, and I'd take the 'Skins in the playoffs under St. Joe on the road anywhere.

Remember, the NFL is a worst-to-first League. You simply can't predict what's going to happen. It's entirely possible for the 'Skins to win the Division, it's also entirely possible for the Raiders to grab Jeff Garcia, pull it all together, and go all the way. You never know.

That's why it's so much fun.

Now before anyone goes off and makes fun of my Raiders pick, look at their schedule this year. Yes, they were atrocious on offense, but that was largely a result of horrendous line and QB play. The skill players are there. On defense, they were pretty decent, and that's good enough in the NFL. They lost 7 winnable games by under 10 points or so... Say they grab Garcia, Dockery, draft on the O-line, pick up a backup running back, and a handful of serviceable Walt Harris types...they're in the wild card hunt. Of course, I'm only using the Raiders as an extreme example. The same is true of nearly every non-playoff team.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 6:49 PM | Report abuse

jm199.5

WTF?! Did you lose a bicep and a quad at the gym today?

LMAO! No Art81Monk I didn't lose anything at the gym. He is a new guy take it easy on him. lol

Posted by: Anonymous | February 6, 2007 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Forgot my name on the last post.

Posted by: jm220 | February 6, 2007 6:51 PM | Report abuse

Diddy - you're dead on about the worst to first scenario - even more so in the NFC where teams aren't as strong (seemingly anyway). Just amused by the 12-4 and 13-3 predictions after the way this past season turned out. You're right though you just never know in this league. Go Skins!

The raiders pick isn't off base at all. Their defense is definetly playoff caliber. The offense - not so much. Exact opposite of the skins.

Posted by: skinswest | February 6, 2007 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Is Dockery planning on testing the market? We're going to be screwed royally if he leaves. We need to re-sign him and then not worry about the O-line at all.
Good to see that players can still start and finish their carreers with one team. Good for Jansen.
Now, how about LB's and CB's?

Posted by: jm220 mnus a bicep and quad | February 6, 2007 7:17 PM | Report abuse

Glad to see Jansen was resigned but if what I read was correct that they gave him $10M in bonuses that seems a little obscene for a lineman that may have 2 good years left in him. Guess our front office will never learn.

Posted by: cdubb | February 6, 2007 7:21 PM | Report abuse

jm199.5 since you are the new guy I am going to let you get away with using part of my name. (jm220 mnus a bicep and quad ) Stick with jm199.5 or the crew will tell you what going to happen.

Posted by: jm220 | February 6, 2007 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Testing... testing... I successfully streamed WashPo radio this morning to test, in anticipation of TK's return to radio in a few weeks. No issues with the work network, as I'd feared might be the case. Now I just need to align my Left Coast workday with his broadcast schedule... that will be some trick.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Does TK take listener calls? Maybe we can arrange a group conference all to discuss a random matter of great importance. Maybe Motocross or something. We can all feign righteous indignation that our "sport" is insufficiently covered.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 7:33 PM | Report abuse

JEFF RUTLEDGE named QB coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

Remember him?

Posted by: Rob | February 6, 2007 7:33 PM | Report abuse

new jm, we each seem to have an opinion of what the defense's biggest needs are this offseason. We pretty much all agree that we need help at all spots... CB, OLB, MLB, DE, DT, and the safety position not played by the Reaper.

I would prefer landing a good to great veteran CB in the free agent market and drafting a stud lineman. We can't afford to fix everything with player acquisitions; some of these dudes are just going to have to play better!

I think Grilliams loves his LBs, so I bet we don't see changes there. And who knows about safety. And who knows if and where Springs will play. Et cetera.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 7:34 PM | Report abuse

He screwed up an extra point in the Super Bowl, AND got his facemask bent backwards in the regular season finale in Philly that year.

Anything else we should know?

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 7:35 PM | Report abuse

Diddy, you can find the TK/Wilbon video posted right at the top of the WashPo Sports page. It's a new feature they're trying out. It is cool.

Cindy or not Cindy plays a critical supporting role in the video. She suggests that they may field a user question for each segment, something like that. I'm sure you can come up with good ones.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 7:37 PM | Report abuse

This is how this 'skins dreamer sees the defense next year:
Carter, Golston, Griffin, 1st rd draft pick
Washington, Free agent (doesn't even need to be a stud. Just somebody who will be a team leader in the middle and control the defense), and McIntosh. Marshall is a great backup, ummm...yeah
Springs, Priloueax\Fox, Stud Free Agent/Draft Pick Josh Wilson

So there are two open spots up for debate in my opinion. I think you are right that if we go after anybody, it should be a stud CB. Otherwise, I think we need to sign somebody for M.LB who will take control and be the leader that we have been missing.

Posted by: jm199.5 | February 6, 2007 7:47 PM | Report abuse

This may sound like a crazy question but are we sure that the Reaper caught the flight to the Pro Bowl? It just doesn't seem like his kind of thing.

I'm watching the NFL Network's coverage of it right now.

Posted by: Lisa | February 6, 2007 7:50 PM | Report abuse

So, what's the deal with the constant closeups of their hands?

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 7:55 PM | Report abuse

You know, listening to guys talk about sports bores me. That's why I like this blog, we go all over the map.

I'd like to see our heroes answer a couple of burning questions on my mind:

1. If Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johansson were to mud wrestle naked with one another.

2. Why do I have a sudden urge to go to Whole Foods and buy some canteloupes?

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Diddy -- I think you want to buy a watermelon, not a cantaloupe.
How about Alba vs. Ines Sainz? There's a joke there about the two of them not quite fitting in the ring, but the front view is outstanding.

Posted by: cload and daggar | February 6, 2007 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jm220 | February 6, 2007 07:27 PM

Sorry I'm late to do my duty. Was busy doing baby duty (doodie?). mini-jm, you can't use be using his name or you'll get a "smack to the back of the head"(*).

(*) copyright jm220, 2006, all rights reserved.

Now I'm off so the wife can finish yelling at me for whatever I did this time

Posted by: 4-12 | February 6, 2007 8:55 PM | Report abuse

"Does TK take listener calls?"

He didn't on his last WTEM show. He did take e-mails and they would be read at the end of the show. He's a prickly dude. When he used to take calls whenever a caller opened by saying, "How ya doing Tony?" he'd here "BANNED from the Tony Kornheiser Show" and get hung up on.

Posted by: LH | February 6, 2007 9:08 PM | Report abuse

I have no idea if my daily schedule will accommodate the TK show so I hope it's archived or podcastic or somethin'.

Funny thing, I never considered sending e-mail to the old TK show. I always felt like I was on the outside looking in, like I never quite was in on the joke. (high school feeling again. you never really leave high school.) But largely thanks to Cindy's SB bloggage and this blog, I kind of feel like part of the team. But TK radio has like cronies, stalwarts. I'll never be in that crowd. Diddy would have a shot, I think.

Hey, there was almost some football talk above. Jansen signing, Reaper getting lei'd, rhapsodic predictions for next year... nice. That'll keep 'em guessing!

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | February 6, 2007 9:24 PM | Report abuse

New dumbest movie ever made: "John Tucker Must Die". That movie must die.

Posted by: P Diddy | February 6, 2007 9:32 PM | Report abuse

"Reaper getting lei'd" - Nate that was priceless :)

Posted by: Lisa | February 6, 2007 9:53 PM | Report abuse

okay...i have a confession. i think my wife's some sort of a covert agent. i didn't want to admit this but she's way out of my league especially in the looks department and the brains...well she has never lost an arguement with me. i was just surfing the internets and that is the like the number 1 sign that your spouse is a spy. there's only one reason why she married me. she needed a cover.

who do i tell?

nate, yeah sorry i was never the "nerd" type...i was no jock neither...played sports...one for HS but never really picked one to master...played lots and lots of bball and never really studied much in my life.

about five to six years ago i was reading this article on wapo.com and it just hit me like a ton of bricks. i could've written that article cuz it seemed like i wrote it. it was about adult ADHD/ADD. i don't think the guy's still on wapo's payroll cuz i think he was freelancing. but it sort of set me free. cuz all my life i couldn't understand why i was the way i was. and i got thru my academia just by being "smart". before that article i used to be mad at myself for not being a billionaire(not exagerating just always thought i could do better) but now i give myself credit for being where i am with what i had to deal with. honestly only another ADD/ADHD person would know what i'm talking about. the first thing that comes to people's mind is "discipline". it doesn't. i've been "disciplined" when i was a kid...it doesn't have anything to do with discipline.

[so we have 4th floor and now we have me. does anyone else want to share their problems?]

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 10:31 PM | Report abuse

oops! totally forgot why i came here...

*to the tune of wonderpets*

IT'S SNOWING, IT'S SNOWING, IT'S SEWIOUS!

Posted by: dealer | February 6, 2007 10:34 PM | Report abuse

It's snowing????

Dealer, you really don't want me to get started on my life story :-)

Posted by: Lisa | February 6, 2007 11:01 PM | Report abuse

We're not too big
and we're not too tough
but when it snows in DC
we've got the right stuff

go get TP .... hooray!

Posted by: cload and daggar | February 6, 2007 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Ah, the snow gauge is showing about 2 inches - lovely.

Posted by: Snow Angel | February 7, 2007 3:25 AM | Report abuse