Skins Make A Practice Squad Move

The Redskins have waived (pending an injury settlement) linebacker Johnny Baldwin, who was on the practice squad and hurt his knee in practice Wednesday. They have re-signed LB Curtis Gatewood to the practice squad. Gatewood was with the team in training camp.

By Jason La Canfora  |  October 9, 2008; 11:18 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rams Seek Way Out of their Abyss
Next: Doughty's Back Still Balky

Comments

Cindy - This is what you call "news rolling in"?

Posted by: executivesource | October 9, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Tick, tick, tick, tick.
Pacman go boometh?

Posted by: bmo63 | October 9, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

POLL: On ESPN's NFL homepage.

Which Quarterback from the 2005 draft would you rather have?

Jason Campbell
Aaron Rodgers

-----------------

Posted by: joeblazin | October 9, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Actually, this was more of a trickle.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 9, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Leonard Little.

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 9, 2008 10:27 AM

It's LEARNED!!!

Posted by: learnedhand1 | October 9, 2008 11:42 AM | Report abuse

The Soup poll is at 50/50. Weird! Let's tip it, ThRedskins!

HAIL!

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 9, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

What a horrible move by Cerrato, right JLC? C'mon, let's hear it...you know you are dying to nail him on something.

Posted by: hithere1 | October 9, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

That's Fox's "B" team with Kenny Albert and Moose Johnston, right? Weird that the Skins-Rams game is only getting regional coverage while Bears-Falcons gets most of the nation, including the Northeast... maybe they think that will be a better game?

Of course Dick and Troy have Cowboys at Cardinals in the late game... go Cards!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 9, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Nate - I think it's because we're playing a winless team. of course, CBS's national game last week involved a winless team as well...

Bears/Falcons, to me, seems like it would be a better, more competitive game (at least I hope it is!)

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 9, 2008 12:10 PM | Report abuse

I think that Cardinals will be a very tough opponent for the cowgirls to defeat. LETS GO AZ!!!!!!

Posted by: marleyb313 | October 9, 2008 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: marleyb313 | October 9, 2008 12:11 PM |

I will laugh my a$$ off. Let's go Cards! (Never thought I would say that.)

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 9, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

I would imagine Bears/falcons will be a bit more watchable to the gerneral public then our beatdown. Would love to see the cards take Dallas that would totally send the TO meltdown clock into overdrive.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 9, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, suzanne, but I'm wondering why FOX wouldn't assign the "better" broadcast team to what they expect to be the "better" game, the one they're beaming to the biggest audience...

Ah, who am I kidding, as long as the Skins win I wouldn't care if FOX sent Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity to call the game...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 9, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm...O'Reilly and Hannity - Would Bill tell them to cut Sean's mike off if he said something that he didn't like?

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | October 9, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Note that Terrence Newman has a sports hernia and may need surgery (which could keep him out 4-6 weeks).
beep beep, but don't expect too much.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 9, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

SMACK, you out there?

Concerned at all about these much-ballyhooed reports of upset at Valley Ranch? Or much ado about nothing?

Worried about the Cardinals game? Or do you think they will turn out to be who we think they are?

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 9, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

My only thought is that they assign the games to the commentators before they decide where they are showing it.

That is a really strange map - what happens to the places that are not all colored in?

Posted by: suzannepdc | October 9, 2008 12:21 PM | Report abuse

As the old saying goes:

My favorite team is the Redskins.
My second-favorite team is whoever is playing the Cowboys.

GO CARDS!!!