Snyder: 'We've let everyone down'

Amid the change and turmoil that has surrounded the Redskins' season, one voice has been missing. While fans and critics have hurled shots at the team and management, owner Daniel Snyder has remained silent -- until today.

"We've let everyone down, including ourselves, and we know that and we're just apologetic," Snyder told reporters, according to an Associated Press report, at a charity event this afternoon in Prince George's County.

Snyder was asked about the team's recent ban on signs inside FedEx Field but did not address that issue.

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcwashington.com/video.

"I think number one I feel bad for the fans. I feel sorry for the fans. And we're very, very appreciative of our great, loyal fan base. And I'm understanding; I mean, we just feel terrible," Snyder said, according to the team's website. "We're disappointed and we're embarrassed. And we hope to get it going soon. We're disappointed."

With 10 seasons under his belt as owner, Snyder has declined interview requests, saying he makes it a practice not to grant interviews during the season. He appeared today in Clinton, Md., where the team announced its charitable foundation will help with the maintenance of eight public school football fields.

The team also has a new ticket-holder satisfaction survey; Dan Steinberg has the details.

By Rick Maese  |  November 3, 2009; 3:37 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Zorn speaks to shakeup on punt returns
Next: Meidt gets an assist in play-calling system

Comments

Cool, we're even then...

Posted by: peterandmeredith | November 3, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

uuhhh....This speech was given days ago...In Cleveland....Whatta schmuck.

Posted by: nonsensical2001 | November 3, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Sorry for what? For treating the fan base like fire-grade cow feces, for the god-awful product, or for winning the Al Davis Manage-a-like Award?

Posted by: mattsoundworld | November 3, 2009 4:10 PM | Report abuse

What he didn't say was "I put together the greatest team and the history of NFL and stupid Zorn ruined it all with his terrible playcalling".

Words don't mean anything at this point.
Actions mean more.

Also apologize for being a nazi while you're at it.

Posted by: jbanks979 | November 3, 2009 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Step 1: Apologize, admit your mistake.

Step 2: Correct the mistake. (Give Vinny a one-way ticket to Timbuktu, hire a bright NFL personnel guy as GM)

Step 3: Sit back and enjoy your team dominating on Sundays.

Posted by: mattylight | November 3, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Wow, that makes it all better. Snyder is still a first class d-bag. Fire Ceratto and get out of football related decisions or sell the team.

Posted by: ToddStinkston | November 3, 2009 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Unfortunately, of the lawn tractors selected to mow those eight football fields, four are nearing the end of their service lives and were over-paid for, three were bought new at scratch and dent sales, and one was a customer return that had been setting unsold for weeks before Snyder's foundation picked it up.

Posted by: freakzilla | November 3, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

F Snyder!!

Take responsibility and suit up for one game and play QB behind our line. After the days worth of pummeling I will take your lame arse apology

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | November 3, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

F Snyder...D!ck.

Posted by: swalker5 | November 3, 2009 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Don't give a F what that scientology troll says, he's a POS.

Posted by: bhoang888 | November 3, 2009 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I agree completely, jbanks...

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

Posted by: RickyBobby | November 3, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Too little, too late. Take accountability Danny Boy and fire your incompetent GM. Admit you've done a poor job of running the franchise and you'll hire a real GM to run football operations in the offseason. A pathetic half-hearted apology with nothing behind it won't win back any of the fans you've lost in the last 10 years.

Posted by: wizfan89 | November 3, 2009 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: gatorskinz2000
_______________

How will he deliver that LAA on life support?

Posted by: chasgiffen | November 3, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

"And we hope to get it going soon". 2020?

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | November 3, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad he is pumping some $$$ back into PG COunty....

Can't hate that! He has also renovated many football fields in DC.

My son played on one on saturday with that 'field turf' stuff. I don't like it (firld turf).

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 3, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

F Little Prick Danny. His fake "disappointment" is only the thought of a shrinking fan base leading to an empty FedEx field. Let's make him really disappointed.

Posted by: knight1977 | November 3, 2009 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Talk is cheap, Danny boy. How about some action?

Posted by: deMille_Ondefloss | November 3, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

How will he deliver that LAA on life support?

Posted by: chasgiffen | November 3, 2009 4:26 PM | Report abuse

The apology he just issued is invalid until he takes his justified beating. I will accept this one if he does this. I dont expect an apology after his whooping. He will have realized the errors of his ways and how they have neglected the line.

Posted by: gatorskinz2000 | November 3, 2009 4:31 PM | Report abuse

He wouldn't have to kneel to take the hike from center.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | November 3, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: freakzilla | November 3, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------------

Don't worry. Vinny certified them as the 'best available'.

Posted by: mattsoundworld | November 3, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Look Dan, when you were building Snyder Communications, did you ever demand accountability from your managers or staff? I suspect you might have been fierce about it. Time to turn that demand towards Vinny the Pretend GM, and yourself. Get it? It's really that easy. You want to regularly hit the playoffs and occasionally win SB's, right? Change the one variable in the algorithm that hasn't been changed - Vinny - and get a highly respected, seasoned GM in here. Then let him do his job. This team could easily hit the playoffs next year if you make the right decisions now.

Posted by: chasgiffen | November 3, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Apology accept in Principle.... I won't believe it until I see him do what is necessary to get this team going in the right direction. Which is either firing Cerrato or changing his responsibilities. Hiring a GM or GM/Coach and taking himself out of team operations except to sign the checks.

Posted by: cee_212002 | November 3, 2009 4:37 PM | Report abuse

I'm not a DanFan...but to call him a Nazi is beyond ignorant. You don't call a Jew, a Nazi. You also do not call a Jew, a Scientologist.

Posted by: Bebunk | November 3, 2009 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Enough of stating the obvious, Danny Boy. Man up and admit you have been a total failure in your ownership of the Redskins. You have your fun trying to be a GM. Now sell the team or clean house and let a real GM run the show. You can sign the checks and sit in your suite with the celebs.

Posted by: Riddler1 | November 3, 2009 4:40 PM | Report abuse

I don't really care if he's sorry or not, any apology he makes definitely wouldn't seem sincere. Just fire Cerrato and get someone in here who knows how to run a team. Only thing that will make it right is a consistent winner. Fans have endured enough over the past decade.

Posted by: dfbovey | November 3, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

This and $1.50 gets you a cup of coffee at 7-11.

Posted by: skinssox01 | November 3, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Second that Bebunk! I hate Snyder and Cerrato as much as the next guy, but keep religion out of it.

Posted by: stormng | November 3, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

you're not getting another dime from me you prick.

Sell the team!

and for the hello of it...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted by: rsskinsfan | November 3, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

Fire Vinny and we will hate you less!

Posted by: mhartz1 | November 3, 2009 4:49 PM | Report abuse

I bet you'd feel a lot worse if the fans you keep screwing kick you in the nuts 1 at a time.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

too little too late danny.

its going to take a lot more than that to get my attention.

Posted by: TBADOW | November 3, 2009 4:54 PM | Report abuse

After Danny plays QB behind our horrible line and takes his tremendous beating, his limp body will be carried off of the field in the arms of a weeping Vinny Cerrato. He then will have the respect of Doc Walker who will say "Vinny is on my all caveman team, look how he is dragging his woman off of the field by her hair!"

Posted by: RedskinJim1 | November 3, 2009 4:56 PM | Report abuse

"we're just apologetic." "i feel sorry for the fans."

he almost sounds like a politician here unwilling to admit a mistake.
notice he didn't actually say, " i am sorry"
or "i take responsibility for the failure of this team"

Posted by: andrew23 | November 3, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Dan snyder sucks the sweat off of Vinnys tiny Nuts

Posted by: BigDaddyLongStroke | November 3, 2009 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Ummmmmm....F Dallas

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 3, 2009 5:14 PM | Report abuse

I noticed no comments about suing season ticket holders, including grandmothers who were forced into bankruptcy.

Posted by: VACommonsense | November 3, 2009 5:16 PM | Report abuse

A day or two ago, I indicated that I thought Snyder was scared by what is going on.

Out comes a survey that is much more intense in seeking fans opinions and Danny mumbles out something resembling an apology to the press.

I'm not guessing anymore. Danny is scared.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

Comments up here are off the charts. Could hit the "report abuse" button on 7/8's of them. Old Snyder even when he's stumbling toward doing the right thing riles up the crazies. Just proves that you can't win for losing -- or you can't win by losing.

Posted by: League-Source | November 3, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

Too little too late Danny. I don't trust a single thing that comes out of his mouth.

www.sellourteamdannyboy.com

Posted by: VAtoLA | November 3, 2009 5:25 PM | Report abuse

He's not only scared, zeke, I kind of thing that at least on some level he's trying to manipulate the situation and generate some sympathy for himself.

Like how suddenly even his mediot (get it, media+idiot) employees started bad-mouthing the team... I dunno, maybe it's a reach, but I really think Snyder wants us to feel bad for him.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 3, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Anyone else notice that the Browns fired their GM last night? Kokinis was the director of pro personnel in Baltimore the last six years until he was hired by the Browns this summer. I'm guessing that he had little to do with the suckfest that is Cleveland considering his limited tenure, so I ask the Redskins faithful.... should we be interested in Kokinis as a replacement for our near and dear Vincent Cerrato?

Posted by: AppleScience | November 3, 2009 5:29 PM | Report abuse

We should be interested in Bonzo the Chimp as a replacement for Vinne, or Shorty the Wonder Dog. Any of these would work.

Posted by: JohnDinHouston | November 3, 2009 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Waiting to exhale.

Posted by: abxinc | November 3, 2009 5:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 3, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

No reach Nate. He's been delusional enough to think he can run the organeyezation, why not illicit sympathy? In his mind, it's just crazy enough to work. Hate the Snyder......

Posted by: ksquare | November 3, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Nate and Zeke: My Dad had this off-the-wall, tinfoil hat-esque idea recently when we were discussing the 'Skins. He thinks that the huge outpouring of negative media attention is the result of active efforts by the NFL itself, either the owners, Goodell, or some combination of both. He thinks the league wants Snyder to knock this crap off to prevent the possibility that a high value, marque franchise might fall into irrelevance and thusly cost the league revenue from lack of attendance, advertising, merchandise, etc.

Made me laugh, but also made me wonder a bit. How nuts is he (us)?

Posted by: AppleScience | November 3, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

*** FF ALERT ***

Favre has a bye week this week ... I have the Owen Daniels equivalent at backup QB, Jason Campbell. Chester Taylor remains junk b/c the Vikings have a passing game this year. LT is back and healthy ... and I wish I had Vincent Jackson back ... and Matt Ryan is going to tweetrape the Skins secondary this weekend. Del Rio just dialed back Garrard's ability to audible from run to pass, further limiting the limited Sims-Walker. Also, Chargers' D is the reason Norv can pull defeat from the jaws of victory on MNF.

*** End FF ALERT ***

Posted by: dcsween

I'm guessing that's your response to the trade offer. Now that you've blown off some steam ... Favre has outplayed Ryan by a bunch. Plus Favre has an easier schedule -- I think da Bears are probably his toughest remaining competition and Cincy lit up da Bears for 45 points.

As for the Chargers, not suggesting they are an every week play, but they do have a couple good matchups. You have two 'every week' defenses, and can only play one

On the Favre bye week -- my bad on that one. Didn't catch that and I should have.

As for the other stuff, enjoyed watching the steam rise off your forehead ...

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2009 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Yep, he's made all sorts of mistakes...so he takes a small step in the right direction, and a bunch of bozos call him a Nazi/POS/whatever.

Earth to Bozos: you are no better than him when you behave like that.

Anyways, let's hope what appears to have been an eye opener actually means some proper actions will be taken when the year is over.

Posted by: shaunsherman12 | November 3, 2009 5:38 PM | Report abuse

As many here have said, actions speak louder than words.

The ONLY action that Snyder can take now is to immediately fire Vinny and hire a seasoned and well regarded GM for the team. Tell him the following: "I want to do this right. You have control over the team. You have the rest of the season to evaluate the coaching staff and players and prepare for the offseason. It's in your hands right now."

Anything short of that is just business as usual.

Posted by: dalison | November 3, 2009 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source

Well put. When the "F Dallas" guy has the classiest post on RI, you not only wonder is this team worth saving, but are these fans worth caring about.

Posted by: TheCork | November 3, 2009 5:43 PM | Report abuse

Wanted to comment briefly on playing on FieldTurf (I think 4th mentioned it). I play in a rec flag football league here in Seattle (awesome league, BTW...every city should have as well-run a rec league for sports as we do here).

We used to play on a grass field. When it rained, it was muddy, gross, and all the rocks would bubble up. Now, I'm not one of those pansy types who think football in the mud sucks. But we're talking weekend warriors, not professional athletes. I don't want mud and crap all over me because it interferes with my ability to pick up girls in the bar after our games. FieldTurf rocks. The only thing we ever get is rug burns, which turn out to be awesome in the picking up girls front.

That's all I got today. Commenting on Dan Snyder wanting our sympathy would likely make my brain explode.

Posted by: PDiddy | November 3, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Anything short of Snyder selling the team is unacceptable.

Posted by: johnc_80 | November 3, 2009 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Now is the time to let both Vinny and Zorn go. Nothing would do more to get Dan a little fan love than firing VC.

Now is the time for whomever is going to be the GM next year to start evaluating the talent on the Skins and see which players will be staying. F Vinny! Send him on his way.

Time to start building this thing the right way.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 3, 2009 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Made me laugh, but also made me wonder a bit. How nuts is he (us)?

Posted by: AppleScience |

My guess is that the commish probably is very aware of this and has concerns. Still, the commish works for the owners -- not the other way around -- and owners don't want the him getting involved with the way they run their franchises.

If Goodell starts telling Snyder what to do, directly or indirectly, the rest of the owners won't like it one bit -- bad precedent.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

This dude charges the fan base to watch TRAINING CAMP...I will root for the redskins til the day I die, but I will never give that pr!ck any money ever again, what a joke!

Posted by: BMACattack | November 3, 2009 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder says 'We suck and we know it. I, however, am rich and you keep giving me money.'

Who is the real sucker?

Posted by: jennifermcbride | November 3, 2009 5:56 PM | Report abuse

In his quest for sympathy, I refer Dan Snyder to Damon Wayans in the 1995 film "Major Payne":

"You want sympathy, look in the dictionary between sh!t and syphillis. That's where you'll find my sympathy."

Posted by: freakzilla | November 3, 2009 5:58 PM | Report abuse

We will all love you and the Redskins again and all will be forgiven if you would just do the right thing and fire that incompetant vice pres. of football operations!Vinny Cerrato! He is not a general manager anyway as people here seem to think that he is!This team needs a GENERAL MANAGER!!PLEASE!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 3, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

I find this disingenuous

Last season at the 6-2 mark, he broke his 'no interview during the season' rule to crow about the team. They promptly tanked.

Now he gives a non-sports columnist a sound-bite with nothing but his 'word' to go on? Why no give an interview to a sports reporter covering the team and answer the tough questions? After all, that's why you're paid the big bucks.

You don't have to win SB's every year but you do have to run an efficient organization with that goal in mind. You must resign your ego and hire a competent GM and disappear from the Football side of things except to write the checks that the GM says write.

You must reduce the costs of the gameday experience and give your fanbase incentives, you have to put up screens to assist the partial obstructive seat holders and cease with the flyovers and smokey firework displays and constant noise and give fans replays as well as views of other games during timeouts.

You must decrease the drunken behaviour and rowdy fights that start midway thru the 3rd quarter and sometimes last up til the 2:00 minute mark of the 4th.

Your ego is not bigger than the team, it's past glory or it's future. You are less important than THE TEAM Dan. You are allowed to turn a profit but NOT at the expense of the fans with this continued disorganized dysfunction.

You do not have to undo JKC's legacy to create your own; you must simply add to it. That means you swallow your pride and welcome the former players who made this team what it is back into the fold, to the 'Park' and to Fedex. You accept their critcisms and learn from them. They know the 'Washington Way' and you have not learned it yet. Humble yourself.

Man up for ONCE, just once Dan. We may never love you like the Squire but we will respect you if you respect us.

Posted by: kahlua87 | November 3, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Oh that really helps. I still loathe the midget. I'm going to support the team; but I'm not going to give him one dime of revenue. I want to starve the midget.

Posted by: nolngeraseasontixhder | November 3, 2009 6:08 PM | Report abuse

"Damn if I do, damn if I don't."
- Dan Snyder

Posted by: rickyroge | November 3, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

"Damn if I do, damn if I don't."
- Dan Snyder

Posted by: rickyroge | November 3, 2009 6:12 PM | Report abuse

kahlua87 ... that was really well said. Especially the last part about respect.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Someone say Major Payne?

Snyder channeling his inner Payne while talking to the fans: "One! Don't you feel dumb. Two! Look at you. Three! Don't you ever make jokes about me behind my back or else I'll stomp you into the ground."

Posted by: RedDMV | November 3, 2009 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Free Marko Mitchell from practice Squad Pugatory:................

If it is up to that stubborn a$$ Zorn....in order for Marko Mitchell to get playing time,all of the following players will need to get hurt at the same time.

Moss
Kelly
Thomas
Randle El

Posted by: kingpenn1 | November 3, 2009 6:20 PM | Report abuse

Snyder said, "I think number one I feel bad for the fans, because they have me as an owner."

Posted by: atidwell | November 3, 2009 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Charlie Casserly said tonight that you have to have the stomach for rebuilding. So what if we hire a GM! The Chiefs, Lions, and Bucs have GM's!

We need a GM and some patience.

Exhibit A...Zorn was vilified for his playcalling, when it was stripped of him after going 10-12 we give the "poor baby" routine.

A reputable GM...A QB...and patience = WINNING!

Posted by: rickyroge | November 3, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

We need a GM and some patience.

A reputable GM...A QB...and patience = WINNING!

Posted by: rickyroge | November 3, 2009 6:24 PM | Report abuse

When Dan Snyder is house-cleaning at Redskin Park in a few weeks, after having Vinny escorted off the premises I think the next order of business should be moving the Cooke/Gibbs Lombardis out of the building. That trophy case should stand empty. The unmistakable message is: we haven't won anything.

Vinny out, unearned Lombardis removed... and the stage is set for the arrival of the franchise rebuilder. The franchise rebuilder hires the GM, who hires the coach and rebuilds the roster.

Snyder sits back, shuts up and watches the show, like the rest of us, until it's time for him to walk out onto the field after a game with Roman numerals after its name and hoist a Lombardi newly won by his Redskins. By our Redskins.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 3, 2009 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Words mean nothing @ this point. Do something about it!! Fire your girlfriend Vinny who is a complete joke & disaster as a football GM & hire a real football man to run the team for you. Let the new gm hire the coach & pick the players & you stay the hell out of it!!!!!!!!

Posted by: skinhead62 | November 3, 2009 6:30 PM | Report abuse

What an azz! $nyder really does think the fans are stupid. He's mimicking what Lerner did in Cleveland b/c of all the good press he got behind it.

Posted by: nojunk4me | November 3, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: nojunk4me | November 3, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

FF Update

Apparently it was getting too lonely at the top, so both the Peeps and Hamsters leaders lost in a weekend impacted by byes, or is it buh byes? Or buy buys? Or ...

Life in the Peeps league was filled with thrills and spills and twists and turns.

Redcoat's mighty Fins (6-2) remain the leader, despite an upset at the hands of Skulls (3-5). Skulls 101-88 victory was keyed by MJD's 34.

The Buffaloes (6-2) grabbed a share of the league's lead as they topped Tampa (4-4) by a final of 95-58. Injuries and the bye week curtailed Tampa prolific offense, while Favre and LT led the Buffs.

Monday Night's game decided the winner in 4 different games.

The Jackalopes (6-2) led 4-12 (3-5) by 12 points going into Monday night's game and kept that margin, winning 70-58. Under the heading of how FF 'keeps a person humble', 4-12 had his two highest scorers for the week on his bench.

In a game that featured the two highest scoring teams of the week, my Futaleufu team (5-3) led Omaha (2-6) by 64 points heading into Monday night. Omaha then deployed 4 players that averaged 12.5 ppg or more. It became a nail biter, not decided until 3 seconds remained, with the Futa hanging on, 118-112.

The East Coast Shaft (3-5) led Alex's Zombie Hord (4-4) by 27 into the Monday game. The Shaft played 2 guys, but Alex had Drew Brees on his side. Brees played well, but not wasn't nearly enough and Shaft won 74-53.

The safest lead into Monday night was Nate's (3-5) massive 51 point lead over Future Winners (3-5) and Nate won, 92-54. Da Bears d and Reggie Wayne combined for 51 points for Nate.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2009 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Hamsters FF saw a bunching up of the league in week 8, as the league's top 9 teams are separated by 2 games.

The byes had a big impact on league leader Suzanne, as her Trippin Billies (6-2) lost for the 2nd straight week, 96-78, to Zornskins (5-3) unruly mob of NFC Easters, and Adrian Peterson.

Joining the Trippin Billies at the top is my (6-2) Cal Salmon team (the Cal Salmon is named for a river, by the way, not a species of fish, which doesn't explain why I have a fish for a logo, but I digress). The Salmon topped the bye week riddled Kids (2-6) by a final of 94-37.

The 97-78 win by Realskins (5-3) over the E Funk (4-4) was led by the Bears dominating defense.

Moving down the alphabet from E Funk, the F Bombers topped Team dealer, 109-88, as Steven Jackson, Roddy White and Reggie Wayne all got 20 or more points. Both teams are now 4-4.

Alpa Chino (3-5) got back into the playoff chase with a 66-23 win over Butz (1-7), despite two RBs going for negative points.

Stump's Copro team dismantled Sween, as both teams moved to 4-4. Chris Johnson led Copro with another massive outing, 48 points worth. Copro led the league in scoring this week despite having all 3 of his top receivers with a bye weeks. Copro is only 1 of 2 teams to be averaging 95 points a game, a winning streak would be no surprise.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2009 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Synder is delusional. I was laughing when I heard him talk about how he thinks they can turn this season around!! He's talking like they're just a few plays away from being a great team. Guess who has the toughest remaining schedule in the league?! The Redskins! We had one of the easiest schedule for the first 7 games and we're 2-5, so what makes him think we could turn this around? lol! Synder should just not speak, it makes him sound more stupid... if that's possible.

Posted by: rachel216 | November 3, 2009 6:37 PM | Report abuse

ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES
again brought to you by the fine people at Yahoo!

This week's issue is one that I got a lot of heat for along the way. And I'll get heat again. Its ... Character ... and it matters.

A few quotes provide the perspective:

Zeke, before the season opener:
"if things go bad at some point, this isn't the character locker room of recent seasons. Zorn struggled with handling character issues last season, it might be tougher this year."

from the recent article by Sally Jenkins:
"Urgency, heart, 'want-to,' whatever," Haynesworth said after the Philly loss. "I don't know. We're lacking a lot of stuff right now." He made one valuable observation, however: "If we just keep going our separate ways, then we'll just keep getting slaughtered like we have." No need to read the implications in that statement. He said it flat-out: The Redskins are going their separate ways

from recent articles by Barry Svrluga
"The only mainstay from our opening day roster that's on that line is [center] Casey Rabach and [left guard] Derrick Dockery," Portis said. "That's it. Everybody else has been shuffled, moved, changed, or injured. . . . "That's just the position we [are] in. We got to address and get some depth. We went into the season, and we didn't address that issue, and it came back to haunt us."
&
The worries, for now, are contained to this season and the nine games remaining. "We need a break," Zorn said. "It could be splintered very easily."

from Tom Boswell on the philly game:
I thought that Zorn and the whole offense came as close to a complete give up as you'll see. They would barely talk to each other on the sideline, turned their eyes away from one another, looked lost, sad, disspirited. Of course, you can understand it. But it is still inexcusable. It was not an NFL effort. It was not a high school effort. It was group depression.

Character is what gets you from the tough times to better days. It is what makes a team better than the sum its parts. In DEBACLE '09 ®. this team has melted down, despite talent that far exceeded most of our opponents to date. Neither Zorn nor the front office inspire the players.

All in all, the formula for disaster was baked in at the start of the year. I'll take credit for forecasting that character issues could play a role in taking this team down. But ... I never believed the meltdown could be so horrid. I am shocked at what has happened so far in 2009.

That is it for this week's version of ZEKE'S UNIQUE PERSPECTIVES
as always, brought to you by the fine people at Yahoo!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2009 6:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rachel216

VC and JZ have the same problem. Must be an epidemic at Redskins park.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 3, 2009 6:40 PM | Report abuse

NOT GOING TO CUT IT DANNY BOY - THERE IS ONLY ONE THING YOU CAN DO IF YOU WILL NOT SELL.

FIRE VINNY, BACK THE F OFF

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | November 3, 2009 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Actions speak a lot louder than words, Mr. Snyder! Get a competent GM and let him/her run the show!!!!!!!

Posted by: seaduck2001 | November 3, 2009 6:45 PM | Report abuse

This child "he feels just sooooo baad" is using the Kindergarden Ninja - THE F-ING KINDERGARDEN NINJA as his proxy to play fantasy football with something that has been a central part of countless families for decades!!!!!!!! WHAT AN A-HOLE.

Day late, dollar short. Boycott.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | November 3, 2009 6:47 PM | Report abuse

I apologize but I like the apology. Most of you bloggas and Redskin fans want more and more and more. Nothing will ever please you.

I, for one, like Snyder ACTUALLY saying something. Its a start.

While I still DO NOT LIKE SNYDER...this is the FIRST time I CAN REMEMBER him actually taking accountability...i like it. He still a d-bag but let him make moves to make it better. Firing Cerrato at the end of the season will help too.

Hey..sometimes it takes babysteps...but babysteps are still steps in the right direction

Posted by: TampaBayareaRedskinsfan | November 3, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse

יפה אמרת הבן שלי

Posted by: Spanglerg | November 3, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

its not danny boy,its not dan snyder,its Daniel Stalin.

Posted by: xpac69 | November 3, 2009 6:54 PM | Report abuse

השתמשתי בכלי תרגום מקוון למסור הודעה זו חשובה עברית: תחתונים.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 3, 2009 6:59 PM | Report abuse

an appology from him doesn't mean crap cause its all bs.He cares nothing for the fans only how much money we can give him.what he really means when he says he feels sorry for the fans is that he pitys us for being dumb enough to line his pockets with our money,spoiled little butt nut.

Posted by: xpac69 | November 3, 2009 6:59 PM | Report abuse

Is that a NEWS or a fact?

Posted by: DesiHungama | November 3, 2009 7:00 PM | Report abuse

I think the team has too many overpaid athletes who are more concerned with money than actually winning. We need some young, hungry and willing to go the extra mile guys on the team. Our team, sorry to say, is more concerned with their "friends and lifestyle" than winning. A coach can tell you to run plays until they're blue in the face, but you have to have the manpower to back it up and follow through.

Posted by: kimblow1 | November 3, 2009 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Why don't you return the money to the fan.
Your words are just crap. You over charge fan even at training camps, and now all you have to say it this.
Piece of garbage idiot.

Posted by: simonbm | November 3, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

It was a good move on Snyder's part. He knows he needs the fans on his side. The Skins no-show-O has been a real downer. Hopefully Snyder learns from the Zorn affair and can find the right direction to move forward and make the Skins a winning team again.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | November 3, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

כמה אנשים אפילו יודע או אכפת לו דניאל סניידר הוא יהודי?

Posted by: freakzilla | November 3, 2009 7:10 PM | Report abuse

freakzilla, אני חושב את הנקודה לעיל גרם לא היה אם אנשים מודעים דת מסוימת של סניידר, אבל אם זה משנה בכלל מה הדת מצייתת סניידר. למדתי גם כי ייתכן שלא יהיו כל מילה עברית עבור "תחתונים."

כמו כן, F דאלאס.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 3, 2009 7:13 PM | Report abuse

And by "תחתונים," of course, I meant "panties."

*sigh*

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 3, 2009 7:14 PM | Report abuse

"With 10 seasons under his belt as owner, Snyder has declined interview requests, saying he makes it a practice not to grant interviews during the season."

Snyder only grants interviews in the offseason...as long as George Michael interviews him...and feeds him saucy meatballs with extra parmesan cheese while chauferring him around in a golf cart.

Posted by: p1funk | November 3, 2009 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder I have several words of advice for you. 1) Get a GM from another team that is doing well and knows what he is doing 2)Buy blooming players that are good, but have not reached their peak 3) STOP SUING FANS. That just breaks my heart 4)Alllow signs. We love our Redskins, because we can have fun. improve our game day experience. 5)Cut prices. We all love profits. So with that being said you must cut prices and everyone will come back and you will go back up.
Look Snyder, you can not reverse the past, but in the future you can make us hate you less. Do these 5 and see what happens. I am boycotting the Redskins. Off to M&T Bank I go.

Voldermort

Posted by: Voldermort | November 3, 2009 7:16 PM | Report abuse

wow blackbagops, just wow.

Posted by: BMACattack | November 3, 2009 7:16 PM | Report abuse

... something that has been a central part of countless families for decades!!!!!!!! WHAT AN A-HOLE.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | November 3, 2009 6:47 PM |

"entral part of countless families"? It's a game for Chrissake, not a religion like it is Fox News Texas.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | November 3, 2009 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Dear The Danny:

Sell the team to that guy in Los Angeles.

Move it there yourself.

Turn Fed Up Field into a shopping mall.

Those whiners in P.G. are always complaining about the lack of upscale shopping.

Sincerely,

THE GMU HOKIE

Posted by: gmuhokie2009 | November 3, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse

You're correct, he is not a Nazi, he is a Commie Big Brother.

Posted by: californicationdude | November 3, 2009 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Did he fire Vinny yet?

Posted by: FredKnowsBest | November 3, 2009 7:28 PM | Report abuse

It's a game for Chrissake, not a religion like it is Fox News Texas.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | November 3, 2009 7:18 PM

Come on man, it's way better than a religion.

Posted by: mack1 | November 3, 2009 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Hmmm, my take on reading history is, let's just say that Nazi-ism and fasc-ism like Zion-ism, and of course Commun-ism is just another -ism. Many Jews subscribed to -isms like Communism and Zionism. They both shared many similarities to Nazism. All had folks like Adolph Hitler interesting in killing folks because of their race, creed or color. Of course Zionists and Communists hated Nazis and Facists and were very keen on wiping them off the face o the earth well before Hitler ever came to power. Who knew, perhaps it could have ended up the other way. After all ol' Menachem Begin was not a nice fellow, a strapping young terrorist who might have made a very good Nazi were he not a Zionist? Lots of pretty insane folks from the hinterlands of Europe. Lots of pretty insane folks.

Certainly, Danny appears to be an acorn that has fallen on that side of the tree given his comportment over the last 10 years. Don't you think?

Posted by: periculum | November 3, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

It took ten years to tell us this. Just think what he'll say ten years from now. He doesn't sound very sincere and I don't think he's that concerned about fans.

Posted by: hessone | November 3, 2009 7:41 PM | Report abuse

This guy never will win. Never. To him, the team is all about himself. You can't win that way, you have to nurture a culture of common sacrifice for the greater good. If he won't sacrifice making player personel decisions why would the players make sacrifices. To them it's about getting paid because to DS it's about him getting to have fun while paying them. Winning isn't the priority. he'd like to win, I'm sure that's true, but only if he can do it his way. And now he's even more determined to do that. He needs to talk to Jim Irsay. he once was the GM but had the sense to realize he didn't possess the skills. He got out of the way and had fun winning a Superbowl. Not good enough for DS. Total narcissist. they make great corporate leaders, that's what running a business is all about -- us, us, us, nothing matters but us.

Posted by: milfordone | November 3, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: milfordone | November 3, 2009 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Yes, sell the franchise or move it. The NFL will give us a new one and a new owner.

This is the Final Solution.

Posted by: knight1977 | November 3, 2009 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Somebody needs to tell Danny that his words mean NOTHING. Actions are what we're looking for. The following will make everything alright:

-Hire a solid GM
-Sell the team
-Die a death of a thousand screams

Do one of those three, and we'll gladly accept your apology.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 3, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Day late, dollar short. Boycott.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | November 3, 2009 6:47 PM
============================

Thanks so much for providing this link. How did he not sweep the MTV Movie Awards (at the very least) for this role?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 3, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

If you really feel sorry for us Dan, then quit TREATING US LIKE SCUM!

Posted by: chris_rollins2k3 | November 3, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Of course you can call a Jew a Nazi. Haven't you ever seen the Soup Nazi?

Posted by: postman2 | November 3, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: League-Source

Posted by: TheCork | November 3, 2009 5:43 PM

I'm telling on you. Go to another place if you don't like what you read. Your comments are predictable.

Posted by: hessone | November 3, 2009 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Dan talks as if he's a spectator in all this--not the perpetrator.."I feel sorry for the fans" regarding the sign ban....? Huh? He did it--and he knows it, of course. He's got psychological issues or thinks we're too stupid and gullible.

The Nazi/Fascism talk earlier is interesting in light of our current age of government taking over banks, car companies and soon health insurance, etc--such actions are the hallmark of 'National Socialists' But, being a Republican, I am very much a government bailout of the Redskins--or anything else.

Posted by: Robster1 | November 3, 2009 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Anywho, I've always considered rooting for the Redskins akin to rooting for the Internal Revenue Service. Real football fans would always root for Baltimore.

Posted by: postman2 | November 3, 2009 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Anything short of Snyder selling the team is unacceptable.

Posted by: johnc_80 | November 3, 2009 5:44 PM

AGREED!!!

Posted by: hessone | November 3, 2009 8:00 PM | Report abuse

Let's stop talking about hiring "a smart and competent NFL personnel man." The first thing Danny needs to decide is what his vision for the team is. I don't like the West Coast offense but god love ya, Dan, if that's what you want, then hire a GM out of the Walsh or Holmgren tree that know that offense, and tailor your coaching staff and personnel to it long term. Successful teams like the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Giants and Vikings tend to have consistent visions and do not change team philosophies year after year. The problem with this team has always been that Dan has no vision for the team so he hires "a smart football guy" who is not in synch with the last football guy who just walked out the door. Who could be more dissimilar than Norv, Schott, Spurrier, Gibbs and now Zorn? Each of these men after Norv has been saddled with QB's and other personnel that did not fit their schemes and as a result the team is constantly in turmoil and flux.

Posted by: jksesq1 | November 3, 2009 8:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: postman2 | November 3, 2009 7:58 PM

Well, that shows what a phukstick a$$hat you are. Why don't you head on over to their blog, it's full of degenerate infidels just like you.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 8:05 PM | Report abuse

Ok, here is the deal Danny you have been the WORSE OWNWER in the history of the Redskins, and it is obvious that you DON'T know what you are doing so POOF BE GONE!! Danny Boy. Man up and admit you have been a total failure in your ownership of the Redskins. Now sell the team or clean house and let a real GM run the show. You and as far as blaming the team ugh about the million dollar man that does NOTHING, take that money and use it for a real OFFENSE..And as far as no signs at tailgating parties etc you would want to hope people want to come and as far as season ticket holders...DONE..GO HOME DANNY BOY..LEAVE GET OUT..U R SUCH A DISGRACE!!!!!

Posted by: JACZY1 | November 3, 2009 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Spoken apologies aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

The worst part is that we don't know what he's apologizing for - is it for the record, the players, the coaches, Vinny poor management, his poor leadership?
Reminds me of the old saying - "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".

What we demaned isn't an apology but a plan to get better - from the top, down. Until we get that, it's better he stays locked up in his insular world.

Posted by: MadiganT | November 3, 2009 8:09 PM | Report abuse

In reading this, I am taken back to that epic movie, "Animal House." A character is giving a speech and the members of Delta House respond: "coughcoughcoughbullsh*tcoughcoughcoughbl*wjobcoughcough...."

Posted by: TimDz | November 3, 2009 8:11 PM | Report abuse

The only thing positive about this whole apology bs is that it shows that at least Danny knows SOMETHING is wrong instead of all this crap we hear about him thinking the fans are just peachy.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 8:12 PM | Report abuse

Снайдер - враг народа.

Posted by: postman2 | November 3, 2009 8:13 PM | Report abuse

Снайдер - враг народа.

Posted by: postman2 | November 3, 2009 8:13 PM
-------------------------------------

If you do, you'll have to clean in up!!!

Posted by: TimDz | November 3, 2009 8:15 PM | Report abuse

כמה אנשים אפילו יודע או אכפת לו דניאל סניידר הוא יהודי?

Posted by: freakzilla | November 3, 2009 7:10 PM

I know that I don't care. You can stop with the Hebrew now.

Posted by: hessone | November 3, 2009 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Why the fugg would any Redskin fan want to sell the team and risk it moving????

If you're new to this blog...stay in your lane....half of ya'll can't name the starting offense and defense!

Posted by: rickyroge | November 3, 2009 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: postman2 | November 3, 2009 7:58 PM

Posted by: scampbell1975

Hey buddy. I know its a shocker, but I 2nd what you told that dipsh!!t.

Posted by: dcwun | November 3, 2009 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 3, 2009 8:28 PM | Report abuse

If you really feel sorry for us Dan, then quit TREATING US LIKE SCUM!

Posted by: chris_rollins2k3

Exactly. Stop telling us how sorry you feel for us, do something about it!!!! Until you do something about it, no one will accept the "apology." And where is Vinny Cerrato's apology for being a horrible "gm?" I believe he owes us one as well, not that I would accept it either. I won't accept anything until actions are taken. And that starts with Synder saying "it's MY fault" and then firing Cerrato.

Posted by: rachel216 | November 3, 2009 8:30 PM | Report abuse

What's up wun. See, Skins fan can always find something to agree on.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 8:31 PM | Report abuse

Curzon417- Wow, I think the Skins don't want Jason Campbell.

Posted by: rachel216 | November 3, 2009 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Yeah Rachel, I am starting to get that impression too.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 3, 2009 8:34 PM | Report abuse

I feel so sorry for our fans that I went out and beefed up security to physically bully and censor them.

Posted by: BrooklynSkins | November 3, 2009 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Снайдер - враг народа.

More like the enemy of the moral man.

Posted by: hessone | November 3, 2009 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Curzon417- btw I was being sarcastic. ;) I mean, could they show their displeasure with Jason Campbell anymore then they have? They wanted Cutler, Sanchez, and now they want Rowe, who I've never heard of.

Posted by: rachel216 | November 3, 2009 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Who said scientology was a religion? Ask the Germans what they think about this extraterrestrial money cult. I can care less about anybody's religion, doesn't make you a good or bad individual.

Posted by: bhoang888 | November 3, 2009 8:41 PM | Report abuse

This is all I see on him:

Jeff Rowe | #3 | QB

Stats Overview Passing
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2004 230 395 2633 58.2 6.67 51 15 12 26 120.68
2005 241 389 2925 62.0 7.52 64 21 10 29 137.79
2006 172 266 1907 64.7 7.17 79 17 8 30 139.96

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 8:43 PM | Report abuse

I don't care about the feelings of ANY of these scrubs on offense...

Posted by: rickyroge | November 3, 2009 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder must separate from the Redskins. This apology is inadequate.

Posted by: JohnRice | November 3, 2009 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bhoang888 | November 3, 2009 8:41 PM |

Scientology is just a way to make the rich and powerful feel more privileged and then take their money. I am not surprised that morons such as Tom Cruise and Snyder would be taken by it.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 8:49 PM | Report abuse

DON'T BUY IT-DON'T BUY IT-DON'T BUY IT!!!!!

Posted by: hessone | November 3, 2009 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder must separate from the Redskins. This apology is inadequate.

Posted by: JohnRice | November 3, 2009

Yahweh says Dan Snyder is stubborn and hard-hearted. He must be exiled from the Redskins ... and sent to BALTIMORE!

Posted by: periculum | November 3, 2009 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Nyjer Morgan is returning punts this week for the Redskins.

Posted by: periculum | November 3, 2009 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Any competent Head Coach or GM that comes in and begins to turn this mess around, will be undone by his own success due to Dannys fragile ego.

Snyder is driven by a narcissist personality combined with a "chip on his shoulder ego". So, if he sees a Head Coach taking headlines and credit for an improving team.. he will begin to apply the "its my show" screws to him. He did it to Gibbs by using Vinny to usurp control. And he did it to Shottenheimer.
Gibbs quit, and it wasnt for family reasons (he was seen a week later in Loudon, New Hampshire at a NASCAR event). Marty wanted to be fired after Dan began to make his life miserable.

Zorn will probably be fired and Snyder will hire a high profile marquee Head Coach. And the cycle will begin again.. This new Head Coach turns it around. And when he begins to get credit and headlines in the media, Danny's fragile ego will rear its ugly head and run him off using Vinny as his tool again and again... Snyder will then hire an unknown Head Coach who just wants a chance in the NFL.. ala Robiskie, Spurrier and Zorn..
And the dysfunctional cycle will continue.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | November 3, 2009 9:05 PM | Report abuse

Boycott Suggestion

Let's boycott Papa John. Their toppings for TDs has become a complete joke.

Go to their Feedback URL and let them know that they're being boycotted.

Here are my comments in the Papa John boycott.

While I have enjoyed your products in the past, I am respectfully boycotting your store at not only Fedex Field but all stores because as a loyal Redskin fan I am tired of being emotionally and physically abused by Mr. Daniel Snyder. He has turned your promotion of Toppings for Touchdowns into a sad joke.

Posted by: gogmu012 | November 3, 2009 9:13 PM | Report abuse

Baltimore has what the Redskin fans want. A competent owner. A great organization. A winning team. The game against Denver was a blast.Why knock Baltimore?

Posted by: ayala1 | November 3, 2009 9:14 PM | Report abuse

כמה אנשים אפילו יודע או אכפת לו דניאל סניידר הוא יהודי: How many people even know or care that Daniel Snyder is a Jew?

כמו כן, F דאלאס.

See, but if it matters what religion Snyder adheres to, I also learned that there may not be any the Hebrew word for "panties".

F Dallas. Also

Posted by: periculum | November 3, 2009 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ayala1 | November 3, 2009 9:14 PM |

It's very simple, because this is a REDSKINS blog not a Blowmore Ravens blog.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Why knock Baltimore?

Posted by: ayala1 | November 3, 2009

The Cleveland Browns nee' Ravens? Whose owner was given 20 million buckeroos as "moving expenses" from MY STATE TAXES!!!!!

Tutti ladri vivono a Baltimore. Tutti ladri, tutti cavi del finocchio. Tutti stronzi.

Posted by: periculum | November 3, 2009 9:18 PM | Report abuse

$nyder says our bad and not my bad.

Posted by: hessone | November 3, 2009 9:35 PM | Report abuse

watching the replay of the viking/packers game on NFL network and let me just say that steve hutchinson is a MAN...

LOL just saw him open up a hole big enough for a truck to go thru... no wonder the seahawks running game hasn't been the same since they let him go

Posted by: joek443 | November 3, 2009 10:00 PM | Report abuse

WELL CONCEIVED, jksesq1. I had never taken the time to consider the "progression" of our coaching staff. Rediculous. >>>>

Posted by: jksesq1

Posted by: brianearman | November 3, 2009 10:22 PM | Report abuse

well I've worked in columbia for the last 15 years and moved up here from silver spring 6 years ago... right now this is about 99.9 percent Ravens country even though it's about halfway between Baltimore and DC.

used to be a lot more Skins fans up here... gee I wonder why that is

Posted by: joek443 | November 3, 2009 10:25 PM | Report abuse

used to be a lot more Skins fans up here... gee I wonder why that is

Posted by: joek443 | November 3, 2009 10:25 PM |

Cuz a lot of people jump on bandwagons. Let the Skins start winnin' and se how many of those Blowmore fans turn coat.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Go F yourself Danny boy. You've made a mockery of this team and its fans. The only way to prove your sorry is to sell this team to someone who cares about its fans and winning football games, clearly you're not that guy. Putz!

Posted by: washrskins | November 3, 2009 10:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 10:31 PM | Report abuse

gee thanks for pointing that out... I had no idea

so any idea when the skins will start winning?? maybe by 2015???

Posted by: joek443 | November 3, 2009 11:11 PM | Report abuse

$nyder says our bad and not my bad.

Posted by: hessone
____________________

When losing, he's more of a team guy.

Posted by: chasgiffen | November 3, 2009 11:12 PM | Report abuse

Recently heard some bloggers wishing for Taylor Mays in the draft.I'm confounded,our depth at safety is second to none.Kareem Moore is ready and Doughty along with Horton are solid.That would be just more of the same,jersey selling high profile picks,ignoring the O-line.How is Demetric Evans playing?havent heard his name anywhere.Jason Campbell has zero pocket presence or quick decision making.Todd Collins if given the opportunity and reps in offseason could have been more poductive.The front office was on the money trying to replace him.Noone gives them credit for that foresight,which I myself questioned at the time.Where was Levi Jones in training camp when we needed him learning the offense?He or Runyon could have made an impact.Our O-line is a disgrace to the National Football League,I blame Vinny Cerrato and Snyder for that Bullcrap.

Posted by: mark65 | November 3, 2009 11:13 PM | Report abuse

What a farce. I did not hear the following words: "I am sorry." Therefore, it's not an apology.

Try again, Dan.

Posted by: Megskin | November 3, 2009 11:54 PM | Report abuse

"Playing QB for us is a Dirty Job

Hey I know, lets get Rowe!!"

Great.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 4, 2009 12:08 AM | Report abuse

Now we need a QB named Wade on the roster. Next summer, it could be...

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | November 4, 2009 12:11 AM | Report abuse

1973 all over again.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 4, 2009 12:23 AM | Report abuse

Not that Snyder is a good owner, but he paid for a better team than this.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 4, 2009 1:10 AM | Report abuse

Just a couple of things--

First, he's getting scared that fans might not spend their hard earned dough on his fantasy football franchise.

Second, he appears to believe the roster was put together with scientific precision, so who could have predicted this disaster would unfold?

Boycott!

Posted by: Pepper5 | November 4, 2009 2:13 AM | Report abuse

Yet another reason to love Ted Leonsis.

Read the top post and see if you agree that it is a slap in ol Danny boy's face.

Rock The Red!

Posted by: croftonpost | November 4, 2009 2:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jksesq1 | November 3, 2009 8:03 PM |

Not true. When Gibbs came in he went out and got his own QB, the notorious Mark Brunell. And when that fizzled he got another QB, the notorious Jason Campbell. Gibbs did give the notorious Patrick Ramsey, a holdover, a shot after Brunell faltered. But in no way was Gibbs saddled with him and it did not take him long to get Ramsey out of there.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | November 4, 2009 2:41 AM | Report abuse

Not that Snyder is a good owner, but he paid for a better team than this.

Posted by: zcezcest1 |

Good point. It's like the last days of George Steinbrenner. He was paying for better teams than he had. Only in Steinbrenner's case he paid twice as much as anybody else and all he got was a better than average team, not a champion. Snyder doesn't have the liberty to spend that Steinbrenner had, but he does spend more than others and he doesn't even have an average team.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | November 4, 2009 2:50 AM | Report abuse

Why knock Baltimore?

Posted by: ayala1 | November 3, 2009

The Cleveland Browns nee' Ravens?

Posted by: periculum | November 3, 2009 9:18 PM |

I think you got that ass backwards. It should be the Baltimore Ravens nee Cleveland Browns.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | November 4, 2009 3:00 AM | Report abuse

Of the three principals - Snyder, Cerrato, Zorn - Snyder seems the most contrite and Cerrato (playoff caliber roster) the most defiant. Zorn has pretty much been medium - hasn't said anything pro or con relative to the current mess. Yet of the three, Snyder is the least empowered to affect the actual result on the field. That's the way it is with management. They make the hires and if the hires screw up it's management's fault and if the hires do good then the hires get all the credit.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | November 4, 2009 3:29 AM | Report abuse

You're correct, he is not a Nazi, he is a Commie Big Brother.

Posted by: californicationdude | November 3, 2009 7:20 PM |

Not sure I agree with you but if it's true then the Skins have two big brothers, Snyder and BMW.

Posted by: BlackBagOps | November 4, 2009 3:39 AM | Report abuse

Fire Vinny the clown and announce you'll hire a real capable GM with full control, then we'll talk. Till then, no words will be good enough. We're not stupid Danny boy.

Posted by: ibenbassat | November 4, 2009 3:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ibenbassat | November 4, 2009 3:43 AM |

But, you would understand how he might get that impression from reading these comments up here, wouldn't you? Not yours or mine, of course, but some of the others?

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 5:40 AM | Report abuse

kahlua87 ... that was really well said. Especially the last part about respect.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | November 3, 2009 6:13 PM

Thanks...

I rail against him every chance I get but it's because this is my team. His ownership should ENHANCE the team, not OVERSHADOW it. No one cast a bigger shadow than the Squire but he was a winner. You remember what the Squire used to say:

'You hire the best bloody people for the best bloody team in the world for the best bloody fans in the world and you let them do their jobs'

He knew he'd get the praise regardless. And
The Squire would have said 'I' and not 'We' if they were consistently losing.

All the pointed diatribes aside, this is OUR team and Dan has to do more than overspend and make 'splash' signings as though the offseason is the SEASON. He should go and physically sit his Brooks Brothers in a partial view seat and see what his paying public sees. He should take a page from The Greatest Owner in Sports Steady Teddy and go down the aisle and talk to the fans. (well maybe not NOW...LOL)

He treated the team like a ruler does his monarchy; he now must treat it as a soldier treats his rifle...with care and duty and honor and respect.

Posted by: kahlua87 | November 4, 2009 5:53 AM | Report abuse

It doesn't appear that anybody took me up on this. Please read the top post on the link below. It concerns sports ownership and meddling by Ted. I think he is taking a shot at Snyder.

Rock The Red!

Posted by: croftonpost | November 4, 2009 6:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Megskin | November 3, 2009 11:54 PM

I agree! If you don't say "Mother, may I?" before you take your three banana steps, then you have to start over.

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 6:20 AM | Report abuse

I think he is taking a shot at Snyder.

Rock The Red!

Posted by: croftonpost | November 4, 2009 6:15 AM

I think he's patting himself on the back. "Look at me! People like me! I like myself!"

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 6:32 AM | Report abuse

How much is Snyder paying Czarniak on Channel 4 to be is propoganda minister. I guess it pays for her designer outfits, designer shoes, and getaways with her girlfriend!

Posted by: sheepherder | November 4, 2009 6:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | November 3, 2009 10:31 PM

That'll never happen. Too many B-more fans hate the Redskins, even during the time they had NO team. If you'd rather root for NOTHING instead of the Redskins (who enjoyed their best era of football EVER during the time Baltimore had no team), there's no way they make the switch.

I hate to say, but with a better owner, front office, coach, and overall roster (even a better stadium!), they have us beat in every single way.

The only ammo I've ever had against a Ravens fan is that the Skins have a better history. Pitiful.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 4, 2009 6:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sheepherder | November 4, 2009 6:38 AM

You know Snyder is tight with George Michael, so of course Czarniak is gonna lob softballs at Snyder since she got the gig from Michael.

Snyder doesn't say a word unless it's via one of his media outfits or someone sympathic to him. He's a devout coward.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 4, 2009 6:56 AM | Report abuse

The only thing he apologized for is the poor performance on the field, once again placing blame on the payers and coaches.

After that "interview" I feel even worse about the state of the team because he proved once and for all that he is clueless, and he will never change because he doesn't see that he's part of the problem.

Shame on you Dan Snyder. Shame on you.....

Posted by: Monk81_Green28 | November 4, 2009 6:58 AM | Report abuse

I had a chance to listen to the RI podcast from *last* week and it just strikes me each time I listen to her how little sense Sally Jenkins makes. Her articles (with the exception of a few) are mostly drivel, but the words coming out of her mouth are impossibly even more senseless. Here are few gems:

- Surprised by the fan turnout since it's Monday, which is a workweek.

Um,the tickets are already bought for and MNF is an occasion to be amped up since it's national television. Also, I'd be interested in viewing the results of a poll of how many fans came to the game because DeSean Jackson was the feature attraction. I'm guessing it's less than 1%.

- The Skins are a horrible team in every way talent wise (seconded by Hamilton).

This is manifestly *false*. Washington's defense is ranked 5th (points) or 4th (yards) and have done more than an admirable job, given field position and the woes of the offense. Sure, it's given up some plays, but that means the defense isn't like the 85 Bears or the 00 Ravens; not that they are horrible. And if your defense is among the best in the NFL, your entire 53 man roster can't be said to be horrible.

Posted by: hailbg | November 4, 2009 7:18 AM | Report abuse

- MVP is Campbell.

Let me preface this by saying that I've been a big Campbell backer for a long time (still am) and I think he's been given a raw deal here with the mismanagement. But to say that he's the glue holding this together is again manifestly false. He would be the first to admit he's had some horrible games (Bucs, Chiefs) and some OK ones (Panthers, Lions). More importantly, any good QB can't be as inconsistent as Campbell has and lead his team to wins consistently. He's bounced back admirably in some of the games, but that's because he created the mess in the first place. Many experts have commented on his lack of field vision, happy feet, and ball security. Simply put, he's been about average in a less than average offense and sympathy for his plight shouldn't mask that perspective (let alone call him an offensive MVP)

- Malcolm Kelly won't be a good NFL player.

First, Devin Thomas wasn't outworking Kelly (as Jenkins purports). He was outworking his formerly lazy *self*. Second, this is essentially Kelly's rookie year and all the players rave about his ability in practice (especially his real rookie year). And we've seen it in the preseason. It's a matter of time before he gets it together (either here or elsewhere). It's common knowledge that typically players know whether someone's cut out to make it in the league and everyone agrees he has the stuff. Even, believe it or not, more than Jenkins.

- Hall is the defensive least valuable player since he hasn't made enough big plays.

Again, this is untrue. He has 3 interceptions (tied for 4th in the league). No one else on the Skins has one. Maybe Jenkins expects him to have 5 or 6 ints in less than half the season and be a Defensive Player of the Year candidate, but just because he has 3 (and almost returned one for a touchdown and made a key int in the Tampa game that turned it around) does not mean he's performing much worse than he's expected to, which is a prerequisite for any candidate that's going to be the LVP.

Posted by: hailbg | November 4, 2009 7:19 AM | Report abuse

Hailbg, trying to find positives in this Redskins season is like trying to find the aroma of the chocolate you ate for lunch in a hunk of your own sh*t. It's pointless and completely insane.

I'm not the biggest Sally fan in the world either, but don't keep shooting the messenger because this team sucks. I'd be willing to bet she'd be lined up with everyone else giving this team props for winning if that were the case. But it's not. Let's keep the hate directed at Snyder, not columnists calling it like they see it.

After all, blaming the wrong people for the team's woes is a Snyder trait. And nobody wants that.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 4, 2009 7:32 AM | Report abuse

brownwood, maybe you should take your own cliched advice and not shoot the messenger (in this case me). If you have any concrete rebuttals of the issues I pointed out, please submit them. Otherwise, your argument about shooting the messenger is pointless since all my points would still stand

Posted by: hailbg | November 4, 2009 7:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hailbg | November 4, 2009 7:36 AM

Ok, let's say for a moment your points are valid. Does that make the team a *good* 2-5 instead of a horrible 2-5? I mean, does that make you feel better that Malcolm Kelly isn't a bust (yet) or that DHall made a few plays?

I just don't get the point of trying to point out anything good in a miserable season that will probably not yield any more wins. Help me understand...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 4, 2009 7:44 AM | Report abuse

If Mr. Snyder were sincere in his apology to the Redskins' fan base, then he should immediately announce an across-the-board decrease in ticket prices for next year, a true admission of his failure to produce a winning product on the field and a signal to the fans that he wants "to make it right by them".

Any words can be said but do you really believe those words until some substantial action takes place. In addition to the reduction in prices, an admission that his dependence on Vinnie Cerrato has failed over the past 10 years would go a long way in restoring the faith and loyalty of the Redskin fan.

Mr. Snyder, do what is right with actions, not just words.

Posted by: getitritegov | November 4, 2009 7:44 AM | Report abuse

My point isn't that the team doesn't have issues. It has several and they've all been well documented.

I just have issues at criticism that's directed at the team that is essentially baseless. And I've tried to explicitly point those out and explain why they're baseless. And in this case, Jenkins consistently comes up with baseless criticism.

In other words, it's not mutually exclusive to claim the team has several issues which must be addressed (of which I freely admit) and yet take umbrage at Jenkins' unfair and senseless bashing of the team

Posted by: hailbg | November 4, 2009 7:48 AM | Report abuse

Ok so he spoke, the seas parted, the sun came out, Republicans captured governorships in Virginia and New Jersey, the recession ended, the Wizards lost to Clevelend (again), we got up, came to work, went home, ate dinner, went to bed, repeat again Thursday. Yeah Dan Snyder. All is forgiven.

Posted by: garyolney | November 4, 2009 7:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hailbg | November 4, 2009 7:48 AM

Seems like a matter of opinion to me. Unless she's giving patently false statistics to back up her claims, I don't see where the stuff she's saying is "baseless" or "mastifestly false".

I think Jason Campbell is a good QB in a bad situation. Others here think he's completely terrible player. You can arrive at your own conclusion based on the stats, there's no right or wrong about it.

I'm just saying, I stopped caring about people saying bad stuff about the Redskins. Most of it is true. So the choice for us as fans is to either embrace the mediocrity or move on.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 4, 2009 8:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 4, 2009 8:07 AM | Report abuse

Commenting on someone's opinion as "manifestly false" is perhaps misleading since they're not hard numbers. I will admit to that.

However, her opinions are (supposedly) based on facts and observations and I assume she uses some sort of logic to arrive at her conclusions.

I was commenting on how she's missing some important facts and/or (in some cases) how her logic is incorrect. All of that makes her opinions pointless and not worth reading or listening to.

When you have a situation like this, it's important, I think, to figure out what's really bad, what's OK and is not really the issue, and what's good. Then, work on fixing the bad while hopefully keeping the other things intact.

People like Jenkins simply cloud the issue by pointing out *everything* that's bad, even when they're clearly not. As such, they're simply piling on without providing interesting food for thought. It's like a reverse bandwagon effect.

And I'd really like to, sooner than later, start focusing on real problems rather than listening to sh** that's just plain noise spewed from people that probably have some grudge against the team (although that last part is just hearsay from my end)

Posted by: hailbg | November 4, 2009 8:19 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 4, 2009 8:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hailbg | November 4, 2009 8:21 AM | Report abuse

I hear you, hailbg.

I've tuned people like that out. I realize others haven't as of yet, it's just a defense mechanism to maintain sanity. Right now I even have a hard time using the Redskins on Madden (the ONLY place they're any good) because I just hate so much about the current team.

Hopefully all the venom from the fanbase sinks in and creates REAL change. But somehow, I doubt it.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 4, 2009 8:26 AM | Report abuse

I am going to give the man (Snyder) the benefit of the doubt on this. I do not know how sincere he was in his apology, BUT, at least it is some sort of communication from the man...which he did owe to all of us! In my gut, I believe Zorn and Vinny will be gone at seasons end, and the rebuilding will commence. I for one, do not want Snyder to sell the team. It seems like to me that our owner has the deepest pockets in the league, and even with a good GM, our team is going to need those deep pockets to bring the best talent here possible....some free agents (hopefully done more smartly than in the past) and via the draft. I agree completely that he needs to back away from the football decision making...but we want to keep him as owner, so that we do not end up with some owner who does not want to spend money. I believe that Snyder wants to win championships and wants to win them badly. This is not a unfixable situation, and I believe that in light of the failures of this year becoming so proiminent, that positive changes are on the way. As far as rooting for the Ravens or Panthers or any other scrub EASTERN SHORE team, I will never do it! Back in the day, there was only the Baltimore COLTS and the WASHINGTON REDSKINS. I was never anything other than a REDSKINS fan, and will never be anything but a REDSKINS FAN. We can berate Snyder for some things sure (most notably being Cerrato), and bringing CP to DC. I for one, never wanted to get rid of Champ Bailey. Under Synders ownership, we got some great talent in Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, Chris Samuels, Jon Jansen, Haynesworth, Doughty, Horton. Yes, there have been some mistakes (some bigger than others), but there have been some good things also. This is going to get turned around, and I personally think that the lights have come on, and what Snyder is seeing is not pretty, BUT it can be fixed! We will return to prominence, and to our rightful place at the pinnacle of the NFL mountain. Let us not forget, we are one of the five founding teams of the NFL (1932 Boston), and we (the team, organization, players, office staff, and THE FANS) only become a laughing stock if we allow ourselves to be relegated to that position. I for one, still wear my jerseys, still drink from my Redskins mugs, still sing the fight song, and I do so in the face of any Iggles, Gints or Cowgirls fan...and being in Georgia, in the face of any Fecal Falcons fan (alliteration!). So rise up my minions!...rise up and seize the day of our rebirth and resurrection. The day is upon us!

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!

Posted by: httr20081 | November 4, 2009 8:39 AM | Report abuse

i have met a lot of the b-more fans that use to be skins fans and only changed to b-more necause they have said that b-more is in md. i then told them that the skins are in md and they said they did not know that. i also told them the skins did not move to md via tax payer dollars and they did not know that either. some fans huh?

Posted by: rls1041 | November 4, 2009 9:22 AM | Report abuse

"I for one, do not want Snyder to sell the team...I agree completely that he needs to back away from the football decision making..."

Posted by: httr20081 | November 4, 2009 8:39 AM |

There's the rub. He. Can't. Back. Away.

Posted by: Pepper5 | November 4, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Fans that switched to the Ravens because they live in Maryland and Baltimore is in Maryland are laughable. First of all, know your history and geography. Washington DC was given to the government by Maryland and the city is located within the borders of Maryland. Just look at the map! Second, what kind of fly by night loyalty is that? It should take a little more than that to make a fan switch team loyalties. Like maybe owner incompetence........ :)

Posted by: croftonpost | November 4, 2009 10:18 AM | Report abuse

think he is taking a shot at Snyder.

Rock The Red!

Posted by: croftonpost | November 4, 2009 6:15 AM

Posted by: League-Source | November 4, 2009 6:32 AM | Report abuse

You need to learn a little more about Ted Leonsis. Your opinion is seriously misguided and uninformed.

Posted by: croftonpost | November 4, 2009 7:47 PM | Report abuse