Springs Has X-Ray; Taylor Gives It a Go

Jason La Canfora calls in a quick post-practice update:

Shawn Springs was not on the field; he was kicked in the shin yesterday and is having what Jim Zorn said were precautionary X-rays. Results aren't available yet, but it appears that he is okay.

Jason Taylor tried several knee braces today and was able to practice some. Zorn reiterated that his availability remains a game-time decision. "I'd say it's easily 50-50 whether he plays or not," Zorn said.

If Taylor does play, Zorn said he anticipates a rotation at left end, given the two weeks of practice Taylor has missed. Structurally, the knee is fine, Zorn said, but "mainly it's an irritation" as Taylor deals with the bone bruise.

Jason Campbell moved his locker today, switching sides of the room to the first locker on the right hand side of the door, next to Byron Westbrook, LaRon Landry and some other defensive players, and on the opposite side of the doorway from Santana Moss, and Clinton Portis.

"Just making a little change," Campbell said. "It's my fourth year here and I'm ready to take off."

Campbell's new locker was recently vacated by released safety Vernon Fox.

Reserve linebacker and special teams captain Khary Campbell was able to practice fully with his thigh injury and said he's ready to go Thursday. "I'm definitely playing," Campbell said. "I'm playing."

By Cindy Boren  |  September 2, 2008; 12:47 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: We've Gone Too Long Without a Sellers Post (Update 4)
Next: Of Tweets and Twitter (But Not Twits)

Comments

Tuna Salad

Posted by: Devo | September 2, 2008 12:53 PM | Report abuse

brownwood26 - I don't hate the FO, just think they made mistakes this year.

And I don't agree with the idea that you need to give your rookies a year on the roster. Maybe when you only draft 3 guys, then yes, this becomes more important. But when you draft 10 guys, it's almost more important that the guys you keep can actually contribute. There's only so many "projects" that you can have on your roster at one time. You can't have 10 guys on the roster that are "wait and see", especially when you have other true uncertainties as well (like Rogers, Macintosh, James, etc.). Just my opinion, but for this particular team, the bottom of the roster should have been used for reliable guys that can step in for spells (the way Godfrey and Mccardell were last season). By my count, here is the list of players that are in danger of not being up to game speed once the season starts:

-Laron Landry
-Jason Taylor
-Erasmus James
-Rocky Macintosh
-Carlos Rogers
-Devin Thomas
-Malcolm Kelly
-Kareem Moore

Considering that 4 of those guys are starters on the same side of the ball, it seems imperative to me that as much of the roster as possible be comprised of guys that can step in, if needed, right away. Every roster spot counts. That's the way I see it. The FO is banking way too much on having these guys at full speed.

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 12:47 PM

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

BONG!

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

I exist.

Posted by: Jason Taylor's knee | September 2, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Go nads

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Damn ....Greg Williams is having to deal with this twice within a year...

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

I'd prefer that Taylor shut it down for this game, and came back strong for the next 15. Start Evans, and rotate in James, Jackson, and Wilson.

Posted by: Greg | September 2, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Who complaigned about drafting 10 players? I think people said, something about keeping 10 players and whether it was warranted which has nothing to do with trading away picks in the past.

Posted by: Just sayzin is all... | September 2, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

@ Leevi:

In the end we just want sound football decisions to be made. Keeping a draft pick for the sake of keeping a draft pick is just as stupid as trading away high picks for over-the-hill players. BAD FOOTBALL DECISIONS.

Posted by: Ben | September 2, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

TE;

Driving without insurance is indeed a crime...

Posted by: Zebra | September 2, 2008 12:55 PM

Zebra, He wasn't charged with driving without insurance. He was charged with driving without PROOF of insurance. That's not a crime.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 2, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

deep sigh

Posted by: cej75024 | September 2, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 12:56 PM

Leevi,

You have some Cowgirl fans on here posing as Skins fans and all they do is hate on everything, I guess this is how they get there joy for the day.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Who kicked the shi(n) out of Springs?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Exact, no proof to the cops means you dont have it. Do you think without a card they are going to assume you have it?

Posted by: Zebra | September 2, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

A small Collier update from the wire...

Collier was in critical condition at Shands Jacksonville Medical Center, a nursing supervisor said early Tuesday. Later, spokesman Chris Turner said the hospital was no longer giving updates on Collier’s condition. There are a variety of reasons that can happen, such as a request by relatives.
Wayne Weaver, owner of the Jaguars, said in a statement released by the team: “We’re shocked and deeply saddened by this morning’s news about Richard Collier. We have been informed that Richard has had surgery and he’s in critical but stable condition. The entire Jaguars family is praying for Richard and his family at this time.”

To follow the story, keep an eye on our NFL news feed.

Posted by: Cindy | September 2, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Leevi, yup, you nailed it.

Its called playing both sides.

As I've stated time and time again, there are certain people on here, Cork, AL, who are just miserable people, and I firmly believe would rather the team was lousy just to justify their stance.

Posted by: Greg | September 2, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

"..have peeps complianing about drafting 10 players...LOL My God...make up your fre4akin minds....Just goes to show...some will complain no matter what!"

I think the point is to draft "good players," not just "players." Anyone can do that, and that's what Cerrato doesn't understand. I don't think when the punter is the best player that you drafted that your selections look all that good.

"Guess I should add Springs to my list, and make that 5 starters on the same side of the ball."

I don't care what they say, M.Washington is not 100%. He's on that side of the ball as well.

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | September 2, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Damn ....Greg Williams is having to deal with this twice within a year...

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 12:58 PM

==========
Yes, it is all about Gregg Williams.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Another one who doesn't let facts get in the way of their point....

Posted by: Greg | September 2, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

@ Leevi:

Posted by: Ben | September 2, 2008 12:58 PM

POINT BEING...People complain too much...whining maggots who still complain about things that happen long ago....If you know so much why are you not an employed football scout or something? Inseatd of sitting there with your beer gut...soaking in the the Sunday sports show and repeating what you hear reporters say? I mean damn...Of course they are not perfect..neither is all the FOs in the NFL...the patriots have made many mistake in the last year and had busts...but you don't notice because they have won....bottom line...SHUT UP!

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 12:56 PM

Leevi,

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 12:59 PM

Never thought about that kmdp4

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 12:56 PM

Um, no, if we had 10 draft picks that are all quality players, nobody would be complaining. The complaints are relative to the roster. By this logic, if we had 20 7th round draft picks, then we should automatically owe it to ourselves to keep them all on the roster just for the sake of "getting younger", regardless of how good they are.

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Bone bruise?! I dont' remember hearing about a bone bruise..!?

Those last the whole dang season. Ratz.

Posted by: Dik | September 2, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

No one said anything about how many players are drafted. The concern arises when draft picks appear to get the nod over others simply because they are drafted.

Please quote the people who said anything about 10 picks being too much cause I missed it.

Posted by: Skinz | September 2, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | September 2, 2008 1:01 PM

Ray,

And all we are saying is there is know way to tell if a draft pick is good after one preseason, when drafting unless you have a top 10 pick the player is not normally going to be a starter that year.

You have to build for the future through the draft and help the team today through FA.

But you can not kill the draft by trading picks away, which was done in the past they showed this year they were doing a better job, so lets see how it plays out.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I would go further. "If you did not see all the preseason games AND ALL THE PRACTICES..."

Coaches see a lot more than we get to see, and unless you think they're deliberately trying to undermine the team's success then it's hard to see the basis for second guessing them.

Of course, we'd have nothing to write about, and I mean that like it's a bad thing.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 2, 2008 12:56 PM

TE, we've all been second guessing these guys for years. The number of amateur GMs on this board is just about the same as the number of posters ...

For me, keeping all 10 picks suggests an agenda. Its a bit like taking a coin and getting heads 10 straight times. Just doesn't happen without something else going on. Its not like most of this draft class has distinguished themselves.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Sometimes I feel like I'm beatin' a dead horse
And I don't know why you'd be bringin' me down
I'd like to think that our love's
worth a tad more
It may sound funny but you'd think by now
I'd be smilin'
I guess some things never change
Never change!

Posted by: W. Axl Rose | September 2, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

I wouldnt be to concerned about M.Washington hes had this hip thing going way back im not worried about him he will be ready to have a great season. Hopefully the thing with Springs inst big we cannot afford to have him begin the season with any injuries he is one of the most imortant players on the team this year.

Posted by: Stu | September 2, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | September 2, 2008 1:01 PM

Ummm I don't know what preseaosn you watched...but I DID NOT see all 10 picks as bad choices...I completely disagree....I saw many of them play well

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

- Ray

Posted by: Ray | September 2, 2008 1:01 PM

Ray,

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:05 PM

Thank you kmdp4...

People are bashing the draft picks before they even play a season or two...we realy won't know for 3 years if the draft was a bust...but for some to say they are a bust already and that they were bad picks is just plain stupid...i don't know what preseason many watched but the one I saw showed many young players playing quite well for there first NFL action...

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 1:09 PM | Report abuse

We've gotta be sandbagging, right? This is Patriots level injury doom and gloom. Our stud DE is trying on knee braces for the game two days away. Our top CB is getting X-rays just for kicks. Next thing we'll hear that half the D starters will arrive at the stadium via ambulance as a precautionary mesaure.

Gotta hope they get everybody duct-taped together to go Thursday night... every swingin' soul...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 2, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:07 PM

Anon, who do you think played well?

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Tell me what draft pick should not of made the team and who you would have kept instead. Since all we do up here is argue about the FO lets see if we can talk about something for a change.

I know most of you would say Tryon:

I will start the discussion

Tryon was outplayed in preseason by Richardson, but if you were going to keep both, and they did you put the free agent with less speed on the PS and keep the draft pick on the team to protect him.

Tryon is the 5th CB amd Richardson would have been the same. The 5th CB will be inactive for most of the games if not all.

If one of the top CB go down they will find a veteran to fill in, Tryo or Richardson would not be moved to starter.

It is called developing players something all of you cried that we were not doing.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Leevi that's the point of sports. So we have these things to talk about. If you don't think people should comment, why do you comment?

Posted by: Ben | September 2, 2008 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 1:09 PM

Just curious, but are you one of the guys that thinks the draft picks should receive greater marks simply because they were drafted? Because it would be very interesting to hear someone say that Tryon played well enough to earn his spot, but Richardson did not due to being a UFA...

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 1:16 PM | Report abuse

kmdp4,

It's a valid point, perhaps they were thinking of putting Tryon on the practice squad in the middle of the season and leaving Richardson unprotected as less of a risk. As poorly as Tryon played though, I have to believe that someone, somewhere is getting cut but looked better. Manning Jr. who was cut from Chicago had to look better than Tryong. If Springs is indeed injured then you have Tryon as your 4th corner and more than likely he'll be playing. That probably has Greg Blache losing some sleep.

Posted by: Skinz | September 2, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Remember back in April when the Skins took Dropsy? That was OK. Then they took Boozy, and we were all like huh? Then they took Gimpy, and we were all like WTF?? Then we slept on it a bit and tried to justify it in our own little individual ways.

Well guess what?

WTF???? I'm sure Calais Campbell doesn't look nice right now! This franchise is tied to the tailpipe of that clown car Snyderrato drives around the practice field.

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 2, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Leevi,

Which draft picks in particular played "quite well" in your opinion? I'm just curious.

Posted by: Skinz | September 2, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

All I hear :

"We need to build THROUGH THE DRAFT. We always draft players AFTER they are good, why not get young players and build them up so they reach their prime as a REDSKIN?? GOD DANIEL SNYDER IS AN IDIOT"

"What the heck!?! Why are we signing all these YOUNG GUYS who can't contribute this Thursday? We need guys that can PLAY RIGHT NOW. This is so stupid! GOD DANIEL SNYDER IS AN IDIOT"

Posted by: The Truth | September 2, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

kmdp4,

Posted by: Skinz | September 2, 2008 1:17 PM

Skinz,

Agreed remember the roster is not set for good alot of thing can happen after week one people can go and people can be added, it is to early to say Tryon could be gone next week.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

obviously in the first sentence is should read : "We always GET players AFTER they are good.."

whatever, the point remains, yall are crybabies who complain about everything. Eff off and go cheer for the Ravens IMHO

Posted by: The Truth | September 2, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

That clown car is hilarious... Little people like "the Danny" are funny. [:-\

....and all the failed pics & overpriced veterans all keep coming out of the little car... what is that, a DeLorean?

Posted by: Dik | September 2, 2008 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Truth welcome back, I like that Truth you are spitting out.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 2, 2008 1:18 PM

I don't agree, but that sure was damn funny!! The imagery is spectacular !

Posted by: cej75024 | September 2, 2008 1:25 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins were running desperately low on milk and chicken when they sent Vinny to the market in April. Vinny went shopping and came back with a bulk tub of Twizzlers.

Just because he made it to the market and actually shopped there doesn't mean he did it right.

Posted by: Carl Williams | September 2, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

I missed the whole Frost thing, did everyone jump on that bandwagon and say we should've kept Frost all of a sudden? I mean, he DID say something bad about the FO.

Posted by: The Truth | September 2, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM
2001 Carolina Panthers 15 10 154 15.4 10.3 33 0 2 0 8 0

Steve Smith's rookie stats I guess they should have gotten rid of him he only had 10 receptions his first year.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:28 PM | Report abuse

kmdp4,

They needed to keep Smith for the MMA fan base... [:-o

Posted by: Dik | September 2, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | September 2, 2008 1:28 PM

Truth we argued about that all weekend, I was for Brooks becasue Net average is the most important thing for a punter and Brooks won that battle they were equal on pinning inside the 20.

Plus we have seen Frost in the regular season and he shanks punts all the time.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:13 PM

With a team that has one starting corner coming off major knee surgery and another with a lengthy history of injuries, the 5th CB would not be (or should not be) left inactive. The inactive spots should be left for guys that are injured, not for guys that are developing. That's what the PS is for. Especially for a guy like Tryon - it's not like he's a 1st rounder with tremendous upside. The PS was made for guys like him.

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | September 2, 2008 1:28 PM

Truth,

Most of the Frost-love was from Jasno and Mike Wise. Jasno had predicted they would keep Frost and was bitter. Wise? Well he was just stupid.

Up here on the blog there hasn't been much Frost love for a long time, and what little there was after he was cut was more Vinny hate than Frost love.

There. That's how I remember it.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 2, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

At the end of preseason, mgmt has to sort out who has the combination of talent and heart to be an NFL player.

Just to give some perspective, the Skins drafted 24 players between 2003 and 2007. 15 of them have actually played more than 5 games. 9 busts out of 24. 6 never played a game.

If you pull out the 4 1st round picks, since we didn't have one from this draft, its 9 busts out of 20.

Just saying that its highly unlikely that all 10 picks have NFL potential.

Which is why I'm saying that keeping all 10 picks suggests an agenda.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Over the months after the season we have seen a quick change in the performance off the field. Too many guys trying to impress in the gym instead of on the field.

Posted by: Sharpie | September 2, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Bottom line, there is no way that the 2nd rd picks were going to be cut. As many have noted, WRs take two to three years to adjust, learn and make an impact on a team.

the three 6th rd picks played good enough to make this team.

3rd rd Reinhart played his way onto the team as a solid back-up guard.

the two 7th rd picks, Horton was good enough to keep and IMO so was Jackson. IMO Jackson would not have cleared waivers.

That leaves the 4th rd Tryon. He is the only questionable pick that made the pick. Between Richardson and Tryon surviving waivers, I think that the Skins made the right choice. But Tryon is the only questionable draft pick that can be argued about. To me, that does not suggest a conspiracy or the FO trying to make themselves look good.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 2, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

+++Instead, the 'skins got a 244 pound, sore footed, bad-kneed, 34-year-old, eyes-on-his-next-career $8 million-a-year, 2nd & 6th round pick-costing Jason Taylor.

Don't ever let logic or facts get in your way Cork....

Posted by: Greg | September 2, 2008 11:47 AM++++

Well, Greg, lovely cheap shot, but let's look at what I said and check it for accuracy...

"244 pound" WEIGHT AS LISTED ON REDSKINS.COM

"sore-footed" HAS CHRONIC PLANTAR FASCIITIS

"Bad-kneed" HAS A BAD KNEE, DAY-TO-DAY

"34-year-old" JT JUST CELEBRATED 34TH BIRTHDAY

"Eyes on his next career" HAS STATED ACTION HERO IN MOVIES IS NEXT CAREER

"$8 million a year" HAS TWO YEARS, 16 MILLION REMAINING ON CONTRACT

"2nd and 6th round costing" TERMS OF THE TRADE

"Jason Taylor" HIS NAME.

Allow me to retort: don't YOU let logic or facts get in the way of your cheap shots.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 2, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Which is why I'm saying that keeping all 10 picks suggests an agenda.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 2, 2008 1:33 PM

Not sure of the agenda if Vinny is the yes man that you guys say he is and Dan loves him and would never get rid of him. Why would he need to worry about keeping draft picks to make a point. He could do whatever he wants and it would not matter.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Hey - I think Frost is the right pick. I know the rookie can punt it - but as Madden put it -

Frost is a holder (very important) and he lays a whoppin on coverage...

So as long as he isn't missing now, I'll keep him, if the coaches think so - which they seem to.

And I don't think average distance is the most important. I think it's average starting field position of the opposite team.

Posted by: Dik | September 2, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

+++i love how for years now peeps in here have been complaining that we trade all the draft picks away and don't use the draft to bulid a solid "future".....Now that they have done this....(10 picks used) We have peeps complianing about drafting 10 players...LOL My God...make up your fre4akin minds....Just goes to show...some will complain no matter what!

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 12:56 PM+++

A decade of ineptness tends to breed cynicism, Leevi.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 2, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

tweet tweet

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Mmmmm ... Twizzzzzlerrrrrrrrss.

Last Thursday night, I think it was just that Jason Taylor was having a bad knee day. No worries.

Question to Cindy: What is with the sandbagging on getting the greatest feature of the print edition into an on-line version? I speak, of course, about the text in the print edition called "Slouch Potato" which had this one:

What is it with the NFL? They won't let Peyton Manning wear Johnny Unitas' cleats in an exhibition game ... but they let Jim Zorn wear his hair.

Posted by: dcsween | September 2, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Keeping draft picks and then having them be bust, looks worse then getting rid of them early and admitting it was a bad choice. So again not sure of the agenda.

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Dallas
Redskins
Giants
Philadelphia

Just sayin...

Posted by: stumped | September 2, 2008 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Anonymous | September 2, 2008 1:37 PM

Nice. I hadn't thought of that. I wonder why he even comes to work. Why doesn't he just blog up here with the rest of us?

Posted by: Mull It | September 2, 2008 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kmdp4 | September 2, 2008 1:40 PM

One wastes a draft pick, a roster spot, cap space, and productivity on the field. The other only wastes a draft pick. I think you have it backwards.

Posted by: psps23 | September 2, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

'skins win 24-17

Posted by: Prediction time | September 2, 2008 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I thought Westbrook was cut

Posted by: Pace | September 2, 2008 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Leevi, yup, you nailed it.

Its called playing both sides.

Posted by: Greg | September 2, 2008 1:00 PM

That's because you are dealing from a weak hand. You have, for one reason or another (employment, would be my guess) bought into everything the FO has done, hook, line and sinker.

You can go through my posts and you'll find I make MANY positive assessments.

To name a few:

Jim ZORN will be a great coach.

Vinny makes good low round draft picks.

I've passionately defended Campbell's intelligence.

I've stood up for Thrash, Rock, even poor ol' Ryan Boschetti.

I've said that healthy, the OLINE can be good (It hasn't been, that's not my fault)

I've said I hope TAYLOR has 31 sacks.

But being of sound mind, I don't see everything through the rose-colored glasses you and TE and some others wear,

Youy are the ones who sound like OCD victims--playing the same tired tunes over and over again.

"The FO is brilliant". "Every move is outstanding." "The Washington Post sucks". "Jasno hates the Redskins."

Hell, Greg, you even ADMIT you've "stated time and time again"--classic obsessive-compulsive and/or propagandist behavior

I happen to think some if not all of you guys are propagandists--and not very clever ones at that.

The giveaway is the constant demand for total and unquestioning loyalty. Propagandists won't tolerate ANY criticism, no matter how well founded.

I'm a Redskins fan. That does NOT mean I forfeit the right to criticize current management.

I'm a patriot who occasionally criticizes other ineffective administrations. I find it no coincidence that their propagandists also demand total and unquestioning loyalty.

So go ahead, call us "miserable." I've been called far worse by people much better at it than you.

It's ONLY football. This is a forum for opinion. I'll continue to give mine. If you don't like it--well frankly, I don't give a damn.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 2, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Looking for some advice for my Fantasy team

Should I start S. moss or M. Harrison?

QB Ben Roethlisberger

BN WR Santana Moss
BN WR DeSean Jackson
BN TE Randy McMichael
BN K Josh Brown
BN D Carolina

Posted by: Leevi | September 2, 2008 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Jason Taylor is a big boy, nothing is broken, he is probably in much better physical condition then the other "injured" players.
I hope next year the first choice is for a "conditioning coach." Bring back the Hogs when Men were Men--and played with bruises. Skins get paid Millions and should come to camp in shape ready to play a whole game--that is what they get paid to do.
Trade Portis for someone who isn't always tired, won't play in preseason--and sets a poor example. Playing not to get hurt is an invitation to get hurt--All you guys and girls knocking Jason know he doesn't miss games, plays through pain, and has a record of achievement few if any Redskins have. Wish there were more with his attitude and abilities!

Posted by: Passonfirstdown | September 2, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

The Skins don't look prepared to take on such a formidable opponent by Thursday. I fear a loss to the Gints will also be a huge psychological burden for the team to attempt to overcome. I know it won't be well taken, but its only one HONEST opinion from a loyal fan who also happens to be a REALIST.

PREDICTION:
Giants 24 Skins 7

I HOPE I'M WRONG!!!! If I'm not, I hope Campbell still looks good and its not b/c of him. Othewise, it could be a very long season.

Posted by: HopeI'mWrong | September 2, 2008 2:49 PM | Report abuse

I should have used Shawn Springs instead of Samuel Jackson in Unbreakable.

Posted by: M. Knight | September 2, 2008 10:07 PM | Report abuse