Springs: "I'm Not Missing an NFC East Game"

Jason La Canfora reports:

Shawn Springs, who strained his calf in the game against Dallas, said he feels really good and fully expects to play Sunday. "I'm not missing an NFC East game," he said.

It's likely that Carlos Rogers will get the matchup with Philly wide receiver DeSean Jackson -- Springs isn't as suited to covering those smaller, quick-twitch receivers. Springs has often manned up on Reggie Brown in the past.

I would also expect the Skins to play more Cover-2 given Philly's struggles in the run game, with a high safety over the top on Jackson much of the game.

...

Jason Reid takes an unrestricted look at the play of the offensive line.

...

Tackle Stephon Heyer said his shoulder is coming along, but he will not practice today

By Cindy Boren  |  October 1, 2008; 12:12 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Is Eagles' Offense for Real?
Next: Byron on Brian: "I Don't Think He'll Play"

Comments

Nice...first!

Posted by: brownwood26 | October 1, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Thats all I gots for this week. Work clamping down...

F Dallas!!

Posted by: Zeebs | October 1, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

okay, I lied

Posted by: Zeebs | October 1, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Really, Shawn.......really? Won't miss an NFC East game, huh? Giants game in week 1 ring a bell? Seriously though, get well quick. We need you for Philly!

Posted by: dlhaze1 | October 1, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Nice, I think we could win this game. With a hobbled Westbrook we have a good shot at keeping their scoring to a minimum. Field positions will be key. We settled for too many FGs last game. (I'm looking at you Rabach)

Posted by: Gweez | October 1, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Shawn Springs geting his core skins guy on.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 12:31 PM | Report abuse

I dont agree with cover 2, Maybe 2 Deep would be better. Cover 2 leaves the middle of the field wide open and it ask too much of london fletcher to drop back and cover that area, if we play 2 deep where the safties play halves that would be better so london flethcer can stay up on the run and guard the middle of the field closer to the line.

Posted by: GreatOne1 | October 1, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

redskins #2 in foxsports power rankings!!!!! ive never seen us so high before!! GO SKINSSSSS

Posted by: redskinsfan3 | October 1, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Seriously?? No posting in months and I'm first??

Posted by: fbchick | October 1, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

We settled for too many FGs last game. (I'm looking at you Rabach)

Heard a report today that on the play where Portis scored Rabach was flagged. Zach Thomas was going against Casey, he told Casey that he slipped. They threw a flag on Rabach for holding, Thomas says it wasnt though he just fell and the refs called it.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 1, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Another post is coming up at 12:40.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 1, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Why does it take 8 hours for your post to display, I havent been posting because I hate waiting for it to post, only so the system can tell me error

Posted by: GreatOne1 | October 1, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

We're on sigs now, eh? Coolio!

Well, first off - I'm still basking in the victory of Sunday. While the team can concentrate hard on the Iggles, I'm going to savor this a bit more.

I'd like to thank Mr. Zorn et. al. for the Wedding present. It isn't often the Groom gets a gift that the Bride doesn't. Sorry, Mrs. Shuttle, them's the breaks!

(For those who don't know, Mrs. Shuttle or Bootz is a vehement Dallas Cowboys fan. Hey, nobody's perfect).

My de-facto best man thought it would break down like this: Wedding saturday, Game sunday, Lawyers on monday. I am happy to report Bootz and I are still talking and more importantly, still married on Day 4!

So, back to foobaw talk...
If I'm not mistaken, Soup is still INT free! Wow! That second quarter was a little scary, but his composure is epic at this point.

While the team is still growing and learning, they've passed muster for me. I just need one more win and I'm happy for the season... of course, you all know what that win is... hehehe.

HAIL!

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2008 12:36 PM | Report abuse

GO, still having problems it works fine for me and most others now I heard.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 1, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: redskinsfan3 | October 1, 2008 12:32 PM

F Power Rankings.
Only ranking that matters is hoisting the Lombardi trophy, so yes, you've seen them ranked higher than this 3 times.

Posted by: 4-12 | October 1, 2008 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and I love my wife very much...

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 1, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

second
"the most fun being a skins fan since 1984"

long time coming

hail ALL

Posted by: mdepo | October 1, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Gweez | October 1, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Isn't it funny.. last few years we've been crying to see the skins break 21 points in a game and now.. the last three 29, 24, 26 and it's still not enough for us!!!!

Posted by: fbchick | October 1, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Okay, any rookie who played in the game in Dallas deserves to wear the Redskins logo on their practice helmet.

Don't cha think?

Posted by: Stumped1 | October 1, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

I just wanted to add to what JReid says about the O-line. I think that while the O-line has done a good job, the unsung hero is Mike Sellers. You might not notice it at first, but if you take another look at any of CP's good runs this year, Sellers is out in front of him (including a couple plays that were called back because of penalties). Not just hitting guys and opening up holes at the line of scrimmage, he's 5-10 yards downfield throwing blocks.

And he is huge in the passing game too. When guys get through the line on those 5 and 7 step drops, it is Sellers that gets a chip on them to give JC time to throw. A perfect example is the long TD pass to Moss against New Orleans. The o-line messed up their protection scheme and a guy came through untouched. While that could have blown up the play, Sellers got a chip on the guy so JC was able to step up and make the throw.

So don't forget about Big Mike - he's been huge this year!

Posted by: brothy63 | October 1, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse