Springs May Miss Practice Today

Shawn Springs said he may not practice today but expects to be on the field tomorrow and to play Sunday.

Springs, who said he is feeling better and is ready to play again, locked up Anquan Boldin and Terrell Owens, but given his injury I would not be surprised to see Carlos Rogers man up on Tory Holt on Sunday.

In just under two weeks, Braylon Edwards will be the big threat at wide receiver for Cleveland and that could be a Springs matchup. The following game, on the road against the Lions, is likely to mean heavy work for Springs, with Calvin Johnson the prototype for the kind of receiver Springs plays.

By Cindy Boren  |  October 8, 2008; 12:38 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Taylor Looks Unlikely to Practice (Updated)
Next: (Hip, Hip) Hooray, Christmas

Comments

I think you are misinterpreting my post as really negative. All I was saying was lets not canonize the dude just yet. What would you rate this draft right now? An A+? So far it's Horton, who else has impressed you? Rhinehart isn't active most games. Tryon was abysmal in preseason. Top 3 with penalties probably are in negative yardage. (I'm not kidding)

So don't get me wrong I'm not blasting the guy but I'd ask you exactly what is so great about this draft?

As for keeping 10 of 10 well when you stand trial and are your own Judge and Jury it's pretty easy to get acquited.

Posted by: Gweez | October 8, 2008 12:45 PM |

Posted by: Gweez | October 8, 2008 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Cork,

Westbrook did not magically break his ribs the Skins had something to do with that.

We have shut down Barber everytime we have played Dallas with him being the featured back.

Rams got no chance in this game, the Redskins are focused and have a great locker room, they will come out to put a hurting on the Rams.

We were not the same team in the Giants game, I guarantee Jacobs will not run like that when we see them in November.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 8, 2008 12:47 PM | Report abuse

How about giving it a little more time before we damn the thing?

Patience. Were you in favor of hiring Zorn?? How'd that work out so far??

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 8, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 8, 2008 12:47 PM

Don't make the mistake of thinking that any team has no chance. Jackson is a beast and could open up their passing game. Bulger and Holt are no loke.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 8, 2008 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Scamp,

I can make the mistake I do not play, as long as the Redskins do not make the mistake we will be OK.

London Fletcher by himself will not let this team be over confident, and when you add all the other veterans there is no chance this team comes out not to play.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 8, 2008 12:54 PM | Report abuse

THAT was my point to the initial email. So far there is nothing great about the draft. That's all I said. I didn't say it was horrible, I didn't say I adjudge it as a failure. I said let's not make a saint out of the guy. That is all.

Posted by: Gweez | October 8, 2008 12:55 PM | Report abuse

'Any given Sunday' dudes. Logic says we win the next 3, but chances are the random catches up with us - turnovers, injuries, duff calls, bad bounce, rookie error etc etc - and we lose a close one. I don't EXPECT this to happen, just bracing myself. PS I think Fred Davis is either holed up with DB Cooper or Rip Van Winkle; we should retire his number now.

Posted by: mikeysuperdons | October 8, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Patience. Were you in favor of hiring Zorn?? How'd that work out so far??

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 8, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Spot on Gregger. Patience really is the key word. We gotta be patient with everything. From Zorn to JC to Vinny, the team is growing up before our very eyes.

We have a gem of a coach, and most important, a renewed love for the draft. Why be a skeptic so quickly? Look at where we were a year ago...unlike most of what is going in Washington right now, this is progress my friends.

Posted by: ksquare | October 8, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Hows the draft from the year before doing? We can at-least make a fair assessment of them now can't we?

Posted by: alex35332 | October 8, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Tryon was abysmal in preseason....

Same could be said about the offense. Did not turn out too bad so far.

Posted by: Curzon417 | October 8, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Saying that Holt is nothing compared to the talent weve faced is naieve. This is still an elite WR, he does so much more on a football field then a TO does. I really hope we stay home on this guy and give him the attention he deserves. I dont want our team showing up on this guys -WTF how he make that catch list.

Posted by: Stu27 | October 8, 2008 12:58 PM | Report abuse

ME SO ZORNY

Posted by: marleyb313 | October 8, 2008 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who judges a draft in the first year (or even first few months) is a complete moron. You have to give it a solid 2-3 years before you can accurately grade a team's draft.

Players who run 4.3's in shorts and t-shirts at the combine and run 4.7's in pads can make GM's look stupid on draft day after that player bombs at the NFL level. Give the skins 08 draft class time to prove themselves.

Posted by: rich20ssu | October 8, 2008 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Torry Holt has been a good WR over his career but he is not the player TO is. He is not anywhere near as big an ahole either. I have full confidence in #22 sticking him if he continues to play like the last 2 weeks.

Posted by: F_Registration | October 8, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

What would you rate this draft right now? An A+?

Posted by: Gweez | October 8, 2008 12:45 PM |

I wouldn't grade the draft five games into the season. We're talking about ten rookies, most of whom haven't had significant playing time because the guys ahead of them are better than they are. I would wait and see how these players develop. The fact that all ten are still with the team tells me that none of them was an obvious bust, but I don't expect all ten to be back next year.

Zorn said, after the final cut down, that he and the coaches -- not Vinny -- decided who to cut. Do you think Zorn was lying? He doesn't seem to me like that kind of a guy to me.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 8, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about sunday. Our guys are used to being underdawgs and playing in hostile environments. What happens when they meet the apathy of DannyLand and they're EXPECTED to play well

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 8, 2008 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Anquan Boldin #81
2008 STATS
REC YDS TD
27 366 5

Terrell Owens #81
2008 STATS
REC YDS TD
19 331 5

Torry Holt #81 WR┬╗ Add Widget
2008 STATS
REC YDS TD
15 187 1

Stu,

Do not know why you are so scared of Holt he is not the same receiver he was when the greates show on turf was around, remember he had a number 1 guy that everyone keyed on Isaac Bruce.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 8, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: talent_evaluator | October 8, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

te, some men you just can't reach.

I will say regarding Thomas, I think he's going to be a STUD!!! The more Zorn/JC start to trust him, the more I think he'll reward that trust.

I will also say that watching NO/Minny the other night, I wish the Skins took a flyer on Carl Nicks, but twasn't to be.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | October 8, 2008 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DikShuttle | October 8, 2008 1:07 PM

We already won two at home, so your post makes no sense. DannyLand you mean FedEx field, are you saying or home field is an advantage for the opposing team?

The Skins are favored because the Rams flat out stink, that does not mean the Skins will not come out fired up, and if you think that is the case, you have no respect for our players or coaches.

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 8, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Flounder21 | October 8, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

I think Holt was the # 1 guy after his rookie year. Bruce was nice but he was no Holt

Posted by: wstclair | October 8, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse