Springs Says He'll Play

From Jason "Jasno" La Canfora:

Ran into Shawn Springs and, although we've heard this before, he said he is definitely going to play Sunday, that he's feeling good and that there are no issues with his calf.

DeAngelo Hall turns 25 today...he says he celebrated with a nice dinner.

By Cindy Boren  |  November 19, 2008; 12:10 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Octavien Replaces Gatewood
Next: Alexander, Plackemeier Staying Medium

Comments

...let's be the 1st to toast #23...

Posted by: bobeaston | November 19, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

...he sure eats dinner early...

Posted by: bobeaston | November 19, 2008 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Let me be the SECOND to say its about time shawn

Posted by: skin4lfe22 | November 19, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'll believe it when I see it...

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 19, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Early bird special, bobeaston.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 19, 2008 12:18 PM | Report abuse

JLaC still believing in what Springs tell him. He 1st lied in game 1 against the Giants.

He is giving him more chances than he gives Vinny....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

As far as Springs playing; believe it when I see it.

As for D Hall, who has been seen at a wizards game; let's hope Andray Blatche isn't takeing him out for dinner and setting him up on a "date".....

Posted by: dlhaze1 | November 19, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 19, 2008 12:20 PM | Report abuse

...cheep,cheep Cindy...

Posted by: bobeaston | November 19, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Ha Shawn got yall again, he said he will be playing sunday but he did not say what he will be playing.

Silly reporter

Posted by: GreatOne1 | November 19, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse

I think Springs meant he's down to "play" in the weekly Texas Hold'EM game that JLa hosts at his pad every Sunday night.

We all know that Springs couldn't possiblly be talking about playing football.

Posted by: p1funk | November 19, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Wow, it's only Wednesday, and Springs has already ruled himself out for Sunday.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 19, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Hey, We need to give Shawn a break; he's not the only one injured this season and he's still the best corner the skins have. Every lose has been w/out him.

Posted by: rahrah | November 19, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rahrah | November 19, 2008 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Shawn's been on "a break" since Week 4.

Posted by: p1funk | November 19, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Shawn we all know you just waiting to get vut , so you can go to the cowgirls. I have respect for you. Danny put that clown on IR for the rest of the season. release his health records so you wont get the pay day in the off season. Springs you're a true clown. You should be ashamed to be a black man. texas was one of the last states to release slaves.

Posted by: poolman1200000 | November 19, 2008 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I'm poolman. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I enjoy ice cream and a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me I have an I.Q. of 48 and that I am considered mentally retarded.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 19, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Okay, a chance to tie together about ten loose threads.
Couple of years ago, we had a CB named Walt Clark. Reasonably effective, but he got dinged up quite a bit, and ultimately was released in the offseason. The RI consensus was "good riddance".
1. I don't know what he ate for birthday dinner (or any other meal for that matter) but the dude had these impossibly skinny legs. Obviously, his general physical conditioning was excellent, but he looked like a good breeze would topple him.
#. Dude had 8 picks the year after we let him go.
Y. Hell yeah, I'm worried about that type of thing happening next year with Springs.
Ű: What if... Springs coming back means we dominate on D the rest of the year, he plays every game, and all is right with the world. Will any minds be changed?

Posted by: daggar | November 19, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Dspinx aka Slippery Richard
Been giving the business to Poolman's wife in the bedroom while Poolman was playing videos game downstairs since 1997. Keep that joystick busy Poolman. I'll take care of everything else.

Posted by: dspinx | November 19, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 19, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Beantown, absolutely none of that describes what we know of poolman. We know that he is not polite, he always posts on topics well after the discussion has moved on. I am sure he has some reason to hate Ice-cream and slacks. And though I don't know his IQ, I doubt its so high.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 19, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

dag, the whole thing with WHarris was the exception not the norm.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 19, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

if it happens twice, will it become the norm?

And is that norm 'Norman Einstein'?

Posted by: daggar | November 19, 2008 12:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: daggar

Absolutely. I'd say around 90% of them would be changed. People were saying the same things about Springs after week 1 when he missed the Giants game, then forgot all about it when he was the main factor in locking down Brees, Warner, and Romo in back-to-back-to-back games.

Posted by: psps23 | November 19, 2008 12:48 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 19, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Look Will, miss my takle by 3 feet, Harris may do okay in SF, but it was freaking SF, when there is 0 other talent around you you look better. Its like when a average looking woman gets around her fat ugly friends to go clubbing so she is the hot one.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 19, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 19, 2008 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: alex35332 | November 19, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Ice cream is traditionally white...there's your reason.

Posted by: p1funk | November 19, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

Play what? Cranium? Operation? He sure as hell aint playin on Sunday.

Posted by: Rypien11 | November 19, 2008 12:56 PM | Report abuse

deal, only way I'm making that trade if the jets get involved, and we send them Portis, Landry, and Moss for Marcus Mason. Other wise, they can all get bent...

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 19, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

...AND we can get them all big screen TVs to watch the games...

Posted by: p1funk | November 19, 2008 11:46 AM | Report abuse
Hey, Greg, do they teach that on All-Madden?

Posted by: frediefritz | November 19, 2008 1:06 PM | Report abuse

...cheep,cheep Cindy...

Posted by: bobeaston | November 19, 2008 12:22 PM | Report abuse
I've got to stand up for our CynCyn. Nobody calls her cheep and gets away with it! :)

Posted by: frediefritz | November 19, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

I think Springs will end up playing, due to being scared of DeMANgelo Hall permanently taking his roster spot

Posted by: REDneckSKINhead | November 19, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

How does he go to not being able to play in a huge game to having "no calf issues" 3 days later?

Posted by: austin987654 | November 19, 2008 1:23 PM | Report abuse

how can he have zero issues with his calf on wednesday but not been ok to even dress on sunday night...

gosh, this sounds like instant replay from last week coming off the bye.

somebody put that guy in a padded room so he can't hurt himself

Posted by: carsonspence | November 19, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

I think Springs didnt play sunday night from the coaches holding him out. They figured they have rogers, smoot and hall to cover dallas's WR's. So rest springs one more week, hoping to get him healthy as can be before putting him back out there, so that he can contribute the rest of the season. HOPE being the key word!

Im wondering now about the pecking order with the CB's. Springs and rogers start i would say, but does Hall push Smoot to 4th/dime corner? This is assuming all are healthy. Discuss amongst yourselves...

Posted by: TonyButterFingersHomo1 | November 19, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Springs wont be a Redskin next year, thats why we brought in D Hall.

Posted by: rswink | November 19, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

SHAWN SPRINGS IS THE BEST CORNER IN THE LEAGUE. HE IS A REAL REDSKIN AND SAVE OUR SEASON LAST YEAR WITH THE 2 INT'S AGAINST THE BEARS; HE SHUT DOWN T,O EARLIER IN THE YEAR,HE IS A REAL SHUTDOWN CORNER NOT LIKE CHAMP BAILEY WHO IS HYPED BUT NOR REALLY ONE; HTTR; HAIL TO SEAN TAYLOR

Posted by: SKINSUPERFGAN | November 19, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse

THE POSTER MEANT WALT HARRIS NOT CLARK. HE WASNT NEARLY AS GOOD AS SHAWN SPRINGS WHO IS GOOD AT ALL ASPECTS; COVERING, TACKLING AND BLITZING AND GETTING THE Q.B. WHEN USED PROPERLY; HTTR;HTST; GIVE SHAWN A PASS. HE DESERVES IT.

Posted by: SKINSUPERFGAN | November 19, 2008 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Definitely going to play? I'm definitely not going to believe that. I wonder if DeAngelo will play next year for the same salary Springs was supposed to get...

Oh, and I'm not saying it is a bad plan to put Springs in at safety but think about this: which position between safety and cornerback delivers more hits? As brittle as Springs has been, I cannot see him lasting long at safety. Then again, maybe this is a progressive thing: move you to safety then move you out the door... That's kind of how it worked for Troy Vincent, isn't it?

Posted by: RedSkinHead | November 19, 2008 4:02 PM | Report abuse

In the past I have been a Springs supporter but the truth is with DeAngelo Hall on the roster, Springs is no longer a key to the team's success on defense.

Shawn is 33 years old and like Marcus Washington just can't stay healthy.

Perhaps his injury was worse than the team let on, but to miss 7 or 8 games with a calf injury where he was listed as day to day for a long time just doesn't seem smell quite right.

In any case, Shawn is likely in his last 6 games with the Redskins and will be playing these games for a new contract elsewhere in the NFL.

Don't be surprised to see him with the Cowboys next season.

Posted by: leopard09 | November 19, 2008 8:46 PM | Report abuse