Springs, Washington Will Be Game-Time Decisions (Updated)

Jason Reid reports:

Although cornerback Shawn Springs did not practice this week because of his calf injury, he could play Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field, Coach Jim Zorn said after practice at Redskins Park.

"Shawn Springs, to me, is still a question mark," Zorn said. "I just want to see what happens on Sunday for him. He would be one guy I would definitely play without the reps. Game-time" decision.

Springs's injury occurred in the third quarter of Washington's 26-24 victory over the Dallas Cowboys at Texas Stadium. During the first half, Springs was outstanding in press-man coverage against Dallas wide receiver Terrell Owens.

The Redskins were without Springs, who had a shin injury, in their 16-7 season-opening loss to the New York Giants. "We'll just have to see" about Sunday's game, Springs said.

...

Strong-side linebacker Marcus Washington (hamstring) was limited in practice again and also is a "game-time situation," Zorn said, but "I expect suspect he's going to play.

"We're trying to nurse it a little bit. He did play last week, and it's no different than last week, so I suspect he's going to play this week."

By Cindy Boren  |  October 3, 2008; 1:11 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Heyer: "Best Bet [Is] for Me to Rest"
Next: Zorn Not "Comfortable" with Activating Kelly

Comments

I long for the game where the first "game time" decision we need to make is heads v. tails.

Posted by: dcsween | October 3, 2008 1:14 PM | Report abuse

This guy is also still a Question Mark

C'mon, Shawn...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 3, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Cindy, you and the gang are killing it today. Quality AND quantity. Holy smokes.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | October 3, 2008 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone been able to explain why we are 6 point dogs to philly? basically on a neutral field they would be favored by 3?

Dont get me wrong, I like the motivational factor... but do peeps really think Dallas lost that game or we won it?

Posted by: Zeebs | October 3, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

We in Whites or Burgundy Unies sunday? Iggals love to where white over green against us up der at the link.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 3, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Nate, good to see ya BYGO.
Just make sure ya save some juju for Sunday and those hated Iggles. Looking forward to dippin' my french toast in Heifeweizen as CP rips off one long run after another.
PH the Eagles!!!

Posted by: RedskinWillie | October 3, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Pretty sure that saying Kelly will not be not active - as opposed to saying he's injured - means he's healthy enough to play, but he just won't.

Posted by: psps23 | October 3, 2008 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | October 3, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Zeebs
I think that the Odds Makers tend to not get it yet.

Posted by: alex35332 | October 3, 2008 1:22 PM | Report abuse

glad you caught that sween, by the time I hit Submit I was two posts behind...

Gents, I have to believe that we will lose this game. Springs is probably out, u know Westbrook's gonna play, and Philly needs it way more than we do. Plus someone made a good point about Andy "Pork Chop" Reid's bounce back ability. And that's OK. Because we have Vinny Cerrato. Relaaaax.

p.s. I meant Jason. LaCanfora. Err...Campbell.

HTTR

p.s.s. you'll thank me Monday for this post. I will cut/paste accordingly

AJIE!!!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 3, 2008 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcsween | October 3, 2008 1:14 PM

Amen brother! Can I get a "Hallelujah!" from the congregation??!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 3, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

alex,

Posted by: straub21 | October 3, 2008 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Is it bad that I hope 53's "questionable" is downgraded to "doubtful" or even "out"? I love the guy, has given us 5 solid years, but man he really seems to be finished.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | October 3, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Zeebs | October 3, 2008 1:18 PM |

I still hear people on TV picking Philly for the Super Bowl.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 3, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

yeah...i can't believe the vegas peeps are giving the skins 6 points. that ought to p off some of the PT players like cp, jansen, are, cooley, and the D.

and yeah...definitely the whole country thinks that the girls lost the game instead of the skins winning it. they were outcoached, outplayed. pick one skins won!

i hope the skins destroy the iggles like the way they used to destroy us. let the new era of domination begin! it's def. time!

Posted by: dealer1 | October 3, 2008 1:29 PM | Report abuse

does cincy have any good linebackers? i wouldn't mind a trade here being 3-1 at this point...

Posted by: dealer1 | October 3, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, Nate! The Jasons rule and Barry is working on a story for Sunday. There'll be a Kelly update coming in just a few minutes. Should answer your questions.
Eagles-Skins scouting report later.

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 3, 2008 1:32 PM | Report abuse

I thought that teams needed to specify their "home colors" before the season begins. And that the league is the one that specifies when teams where the "throw back" (aka throw up) unis.

Also, having Springs on somebody is not one of dcsween's keys to the game.* Brian Westbrook not playing is one of dcsween's keys to the game.

* I think the Skins' corner depth is pretty good. If Smoot is firing on all cylinders, then we are good to start. Rogers gets Jackson, but even in zone, Smoot has the speed to stay with Jackson.

Posted by: dcsween | October 3, 2008 1:33 PM | Report abuse

+++My guess is he's still hobbled, but if his name was Santana Moss, there's no way he'd be inactive.

Posted by: psps23 | October 3, 2008 1:19 PM+++

Brilliant analysis. Also, it would be tough on the guy who stitched the names on the back of the jersey. What would he put. "Tall" Santana Moss on one and "Short" Santana Moss on the other?

Paychecks might get confused, too.

You just dont' get that sort of thinking from the average fan.

Posted by: Corkczar | October 3, 2008 1:34 PM | Report abuse

alex,

Posted by: straub21 | October 3, 2008 1:27 PM

Actually. a lot of teams where their colors at home. We and Dallas choose to wear our whites at home. That's why you always see us in Burgundy when we play at Dallas.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 3, 2008 1:35 PM | Report abuse

+++Traditionally home teams always wear white, but they have the option to pick colors. I think last season we did wear the burgundy unis. I just remember the burgundy from Yoder's catch and steamrolling the guy right in front of him.

Posted by: straub21 | October 3, 2008 1:27 PM+++

In Hoops, maybe. But aside from the cowboys and the skins, I'm not sure of any other team that favors the light unis at home.

Posted by: Corkczar | October 3, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

peebs

Posted by: scampbell1975 | October 3, 2008 1:38 PM | Report abuse

I'd actually be more for sticking Rogers on Brown, and letting Smoot handle Jackson. Let Rogers completely take away that 2nd option, while Smoot uses his speed and quickness to match-up with Jackson, along with Landry help over the top.

And if Springs is healthy, and Westbrook is healthy, that's where Springs ends up. 1 on 1 with Westbrook. Springs shouldn't let him out of his sights. That frees up Horton/Macintosh/Fletcher do whatever exotic blitzes, pressures, or zones are necessary, as well as allowing them to match with any other crap receiver/TE they bring in.

Posted by: psps23 | October 3, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: CindyBoren | October 3, 2008 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Gweez | October 3, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

What's going on with Andre Carter? What kind of personal issues is he involved with that are preventing him from practicing?

Posted by: paulstutz14 | October 3, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse