State o' the Cowboys

The Dallas Morning News says that Jason Garrett is focused on correcting the Cowboys' offense, which would seem to be a good idea....As for the defense, well, it struggles against the run.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram points out that whatever is the next step beyond "must win," this Sunday against the Redskins is it for the Cowboys.

Skins-wise, it'll be a busy day up here, so stay nimble.

By Cindy Boren  |  November 10, 2008; 8:13 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Weigh in on Hall
Next: Our Version of Talk Soup

Comments

Posted by: bienbo | November 10, 2008 8:24 AM | Report abuse

If the running defense is the problem with Dallas, pound them into the ground. We need to use DThomas more. Line up Davis/Cooley in a 2 TE set. We have so many weapons to help Jason. Bet that Dallas will be blitzing a ton after seeing last week's game.

Posted by: bienbo | November 10, 2008 8:26 AM | Report abuse

Do the Skins have a schedule for today Cindy? Ya know, news conf or media sessions or what not?

Posted by: craig2 | November 10, 2008 8:27 AM | Report abuse

And with DeAngelo Hall we should replace Cartwright in KR with him until Hall becomes 2nd on the depth chart...

Posted by: bienbo | November 10, 2008 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Ah, this is an easy one: Texas

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 10, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

I might be chatting today....I'll give you the link if I am....

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

The 'Boys defense seemed to be playing a little better in that Tampa game, and then they completely fell apart against the G-Men. I think we match up well against them. As long as the Skins really did get healthy(or healthier) they should be able to handle the 'Boys.

Posted by: craig2 | November 10, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

I might be chatting today....I'll give you the link if I am....

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 8:29 AM | Report abuse

Thank you.

Posted by: craig2 | November 10, 2008 8:30 AM | Report abuse

Locker room opens at 11:30...Zorn later, so there'll be plenty of stuff to catch up on.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Nate -- are you sure it's not O'Texas?

Posted by: daggar | November 10, 2008 8:42 AM | Report abuse

And now we have to stay medium and nimble?
For how long will we be required to hold this position?

Posted by: daggar | November 10, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Might be chatting?

So fickle, Dauphine, so very very fickle...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | November 10, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Poor Cowgirls.

*sniff*

Feel the schadenfreude. Be the schadenfreude.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 10, 2008 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Wish I could be there! Thanks, you go girl!

Posted by: craig2 | November 10, 2008 8:56 AM | Report abuse

It was insulting last night to hear John Madden call the NY Giants fullback the "best blocking fullback in the NFL". I guess the guy who lead blocks for the NFL's leading rusher doesn't deserve any consideration for that...

And I wonder if Mcnabb is "embarrassed" today? I guess the Eagles "should have never lost that game", too.

Posted by: Cobain | November 10, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Hahahahahaha....Texas.....hahahahaha. Almost makes me forget that Herm Edwards is killing me (new title of my autobiog).
I am chatting at 11....link to come.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Here's the link, but do not use it to submit questions about Herm Edwards:

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 9:02 AM | Report abuse

So, I have to call upon my blog peeps for some "traveling to DC" advice.

I'll have my wife and 3 kids, all under the age of 10. Zoo's and Museums suggestions, are much appreciated.

Also, I'm going to my first Redskins game at Fedex, this Sunday. Please feel free to stop by, and suggest a meeting point. I'll be in Row 138.

How is parking in the Green lot?? Worth it, or should I find another option....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 10, 2008 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Dauphine, while I'm no HermFan, you can think of them as mentally 2-7 instead of 1-8, if it helps.
But he let ol' mumble-mouth win a game, so I got no love for him. Unless you want to play the "Norv got them to 8-8 this year, maybe we should give him another chance" dance!

Posted by: daggar | November 10, 2008 9:07 AM | Report abuse

Should have read section, 138.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 10, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the links to the Dallas articles. What fun to read the pulling of hair and gnashing of teeth going on in Dallas.

This game will tell me a lot about the Skins. It will obviously be a battle, and the team that wants it more will win. For Dallas it's a must-win game. For the Skins, it's a chance to prove to themselves and the rest of the league that they are a legit contender.

I see Portis running all over Dallas, setting a franchise record for most yards rushed against a Dallas team.

Hail!

Posted by: gringoinmiami | November 10, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Two things struck me about last night's Iggles-Gints game:
1) how can mcnabb be pooped, again, in the fourth quarter?
1a) what was the deal with him keeping his arm all limber during the timeout when everyone and his sibling knew he was going to hand it to westbrook. and hand it to westbrook again, if need be. no one was fooled by his warmup passes, but it was nice to see he had the energy for that.
2) i never felt the hate for eli manning, other than over the fact that it took him until last year to live up to my draft-day prediction, but that was really smart of him last night to know that rule. my guess is that he was about 75 percent just hoping he he was in compliance with his foot behind the line, but, hey, very heady.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Beantown Greg,

I'd say that the two must-sees are the museum of natural history and the national zoo. Give yourself plenty of time for both. In the zoo, make sure you make it to see the pandas. If you have time while you're on the mall (natural history museum), also check out the air and space museum.

Enjoy!

Posted by: gringoinmiami | November 10, 2008 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Thanks, Daggar. I feel soooo much better. Maybe the Cheeves can play in the mental Super Bowl.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Greg,

The Zoo is pretty cool my kids love going there. You can take the metro it is really easy.

The Museums are great go to the History museum great for kids and the Air and Space museum.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 10, 2008 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Museum Post for Greg:

All the Smithsonians are great. If the you and the family like airplanes, the Udvar-Hazy Center near Dulles airport is great and usually not crowded. Among the aircraft on display are a space shuttle and an SR71.

Enjoy the trip.

Posted by: Markin21132 | November 10, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

I am really nervous about this game. I just think that both teams are going to be hungry for the win and Dallas is so much more desperate right now (which may be a good or bad thing). Just hope Romo is off and TO keep playing the way he has.

Greg - I (at the age of 33) LOVE and always have loved the zoo - especially if it's nice. Air & Space is usually a hit with little kids too (my least favorite museum by far). Would love to stop by and say hi, but they don't let us in section 404 down in your parts! :)

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 10, 2008 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Greg -- National Air and Space Museum. The Zoo is good too, but Air and Space is the one the kids'll remember.

Posted by: daggar | November 10, 2008 9:14 AM | Report abuse

When friends were visiting in June, we found the Newseum to be really cool. But we had no tots and it's kind of expensive. So, too, is the Spy Museum, I believe. Kiddies usually like the Air and Space Museum; Steinberg took his 18-month-old daughter there a couple of weeks ago. (She liked the escalator...)
If it's nice and you're wandering around the Jefferson Memorial, the FDR memorial (it's open air) is very neat. I think it's one of the underrated monuments here.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Maybe the Cheeves can play in the mental Super Bowl.

What, just to go for two and lose again?
Actually, I'm not sure 2-7 would get them in... after all, we're mentally on our way to 13-3!

Posted by: daggar | November 10, 2008 9:20 AM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: Cindy Boren | November 10, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Cindy,

My daughter went to the newseum on a school field trip, she said it was OK but the A&S museum is definatley a kid favorite.

Posted by: Flounder21 | November 10, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

And now we have to stay medium and nimble?
For how long will we be required to hold this position?

Posted by: daggar | November 10, 2008 8:44 AM

For about another 12-13 weeks ... also, do that staying "suddenly."

Posted by: dcsween | November 10, 2008 9:28 AM | Report abuse

beantown...
the zoo is cool and the everyone will like that. personally i think just walking around the mall is awesome, espescially after the sun goes down...

as for parking GREEN LOT is the best for tailgating...hands down.

Posted by: carsonspence | November 10, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Getting handkerchief for the Dallas Crybabies ;)

Posted by: RedCherokee | November 10, 2008 11:39 AM | Report abuse