Step Right Up and Predictify

The Cowboys are hoping that Sunday's game against the Redskins at FedEx Field is the start of a nice stretch run...do you like their chances?

If your computer or the suits IT staff won't let the widgets above work, you can go to our Prediction Center and make your picks there. Predictifying there has the added advantage of tracking your predictions, so if you do well, you can strut your stuff about it point out your intellectual superiority in a totally non-judgmental way later.

Meanwhile, JReid has injury updates and a preview:

...

By Cindy Boren  |  November 11, 2008; 10:24 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A Look Back at Skins' Transactions
Next: How Will Romo, NFC East Shake Out?

Comments

Cindy has been reading too much Mike Florio ;)

Posted by: Gweez | November 11, 2008 10:34 AM | Report abuse

I FIRST predictify that Leigh Torrence will have his usual weak showing for the 'Skins. If he has any showing at all.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 11, 2008 10:35 AM | Report abuse

“This is pitiful, Jasno…”

“I think that really puts to bed the whole Frost issue, get off it already!”

“Utterly pathetic the some sh!t over and over and over and over and over and over.....”

and similar blah blah blah from:

Beantown, La cantwrite, craig2, talent evaluator… et al

When the four of you are having coffee in Vinny’s anteroom at Redskin Park, do you consciously come up with talking points in your continuing attempts to get JLC fired from doing his job at the Post, or is the Infinite Number of Moneys theory at work here?

Sure, teh transactions item a nothing piece, essentially filling space on a (so far) slow news day. But it's not nearly so tiresome as the latest chapters in your orchestrated diatribe against a reporter who dares go against the "Everything is Perfectly Fine" Didacts of The Danny and Vinny th GM Guy.

Yet you saps don’t realize the ultimate irony of your campaign. All you do is pile up hits for Jasno as you stir controvery. And controversy drives readership and readership drives ads and that’s what Blogs are all about in the Corporate States of America.

Some days I think Jason’s hired you himself. At the very least, he should send each of you a basket of Minimuffins when he gets his next raise.

While you hacks pound out PR in a company store, he’s getting paid to do a job any one of you would give you left manhood to have.

As always, we kid because we love. But really, you doofus’s act is getting OLD. You don’t like the way he reports, strap it up and play at journalism your self.

Oh the other hand, these "polls" are beyond pathetic...

Posted by: TheCork | November 11, 2008 10:36 AM | Report abuse

lol Cork, your a moron

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 11, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

That said, I like the polls, even though I cannot get them at work anymore!

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 11, 2008 10:43 AM | Report abuse

"you're", even.

Posted by: PDiddy | November 11, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Cork,

Your premises are faulty. I don't want to get Jasno fired. I want him to raise his game. I'm just doing what the Post asks: "analyze, comment on and even challenge washingtonpost.com's blogs." I'm here to help.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 11, 2008 10:45 AM | Report abuse

"Sorry, cannot resist - but if you are going to call someone a moron, it is usually best to use the correct "you're".

That said, I like the polls, even though I cannot get them at work anymore!

Posted by: suzannepdc"

thanks for the heads up, but that was purposefully done.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 11, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Cork, go jam a fork into an electrical outlet....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 11, 2008 10:47 AM | Report abuse

thanks for the heads up, but that was purposefully done.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 11, 2008 10:46 AM | Report abuse

*******

Sure it was! Either way, it made me laugh outloud, so thanks.

Posted by: suzannepdc | November 11, 2008 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Sure didn't take long to throw together a new post after the last one was left hanging for slaughter.

Posted by: cej75024 | November 11, 2008 10:53 AM | Report abuse

talk about carrying a flag

Posted by: RedDMV | November 11, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Cork,

Some people are monomaniacal in their posts about JLa. Greg and TE post on a number of topics not just that one and have a different opinion than you. I don't have a problem with JLa's posts but that doesn't mean I can't see where they are coming from.

I'm still trying to figure out whether you are a contrarian or just an @ssbag. On one hand you seem to back up your opinions and I don't like how you are shouted down by the masses. On the other you rarely post anything that isn't argumentative.

Posted by: Gweez | November 11, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

skinz, go with a**bag.....

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 11, 2008 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I'm still trying to figure out whether you are a contrarian or just an @ssbag.

Posted by: Gweez | November 11, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Do we have to predictify on this one as well??

Posted by: cej75024 | November 11, 2008 11:01 AM | Report abuse

"Sure it was! Either way, it made me laugh outloud, so thanks.

Posted by: suzannepdc"

actually it was, it's been an ongoing joke for about a week or so (not that I'm a regular and would notice these things)

so you are now pwned.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 11, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

so you are now pwned.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 11, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse

I love learning all your gaming speak. Say hi to your world of warcraft buddies for us.

First it was "owned" now it's "Pwned" You nerds crack me up.

Posted by: Gweez | November 11, 2008 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Man their secondary is garbage with the exception of Ken Hamiln they have no one that should deter us from passing the ball. Mike Jenkins is apparently like a End Zone parking attendant instead of a defender as opposed to tackling you he will kind of direct you with his arms as to where you should go for your 6. Their other corner Henry hasnt had a pass defended since week 3, maybe he isnt being picked on. Their SS watkins has like 17 tackles all year.
If we can attempt to negate their line/lb which are good many due to Demarcus Ware and give JC some pockt time we could rack up some serious yardage on their secondary.

Posted by: Stu27 | November 11, 2008 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Wow, and I thought the videos from the Exxon bathroom stall were weird. Anyone else get the drunk dial/ voicemail vibe from the J Reid clip?

"Hey, it's me again. Just thinkin' about the Redskins. Kinda worried about the game Sunday, just needed someone to talk to. I guess call me back when you get this."

Posted by: PatM1 | November 11, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I'm surprised JLC didn't get a whole thread on this, but this is interesting...

LAVAR ARRINGTON CALLS JOE GIBBS “A COWARD”
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 11, 2008, 10:25 a.m.
During his first few years in the league, former Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington looked like one of the NFL’s most promising young defensive players. By the age of 25 he had been chosen to three Pro Bowls and had signed an eight-year contract extension, and he appeared on his way to becoming a Redskins legend.

But when Joe Gibbs became the coach, things started to change. Arrington and Gibbs didn’t see eye to eye, and Arrington wasn’t a good fit in the defense of assistant head coach Gregg Williams. By the age of 27 Arrington was out of Washington, and by 28 he was out of the NFL.

Arrington is now retired, and he seems to blame Gibbs for the way his career headed south. He also suggests that if Gibbs really cared about his team, he wouldn’t have quit after the 2007 season.

“I called Joe Gibbs a coward for leaving,” Arrington said, per the Washington Times. “You came in, you made some money for your NASCAR team. No one else is going to say that. I’m sure more people thought I was a [jerk] for saying that. Joe wouldn’t call me because he knows. There are a lot of people who know the truth about what went down with me and the Redskins.”

Arrington is now the owner of a sports-themed restaurant that tries to attract Redskins fans, and as Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post notes, a lot of those Redskins fans probably won’t be too happy to hear that Arrington is calling Gibbs a coward.

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 11, 2008 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I am with Gweez (what does that mean?)on the Cork question....he took the typing right out of my fingers on that front. Good work Gweez.

Anyone else think the Portis 50/50 thing is just gamesmanship on Zorny's part. I do. But I might just be staying medium on that one.

Posted by: chrislarry | November 11, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

I refuse to predict this outcome. All I know is we gotta get outta the medium zone for this one and come with all we got. Stay nimble, suspend medium - bring the noise.

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 11, 2008 11:21 AM | Report abuse

Re: Gibbs 2.0 vs. LaVar Arrington

I think I have heard this before. Like I thought when he said it the 1st time, I don't get it.

It was the right time for Gibbs 2.0 to leave. The guy was dang near 70. He needs to live his life....

Gibbs was the Offensive Coach. Gregggggg Williams was the Defensive Coach and handled all things defense. And, LaVar has had conversations with Gregggg as recent as after the Redskins told Gregggg that he wasn't going to be hired as the new HC.

LaVar needs to say, what 'The Truth' is? Because I know some things as well from a reliable source (Snyder's Security Detail) that I have never shared because I use to love LaVar and wouldn't want him depicted in a bad light (unless I'm drunk). Now, I just think he want's the Redskins' fans money.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 11, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

"So for the most part, the NFL vets the Skins have parted with have been wanted elsewhere"- Jansno

Let's see my man...
McMullen played some for Seattle, currently a UFA.

Mason...on Jets 53-man, yet to have a single carry.

Frost...punts for Packers. Still stinks.

Brooks... currently a UFA.

Wade...on Jags 53-man. Yet to play in a game.

Boschetti...currently a UFA.

Andrew Crummey...on Bengals 53-man. Yet to play in a game.

Torrence...claimed by Saints. Likely to play for them this weekend.

Hamilton...currently a UFA.

Bro, I'm one of the few remaining defenders of you and this last bastion of non-Redskins-state-controlled-media, but that's a weak premise you've come up with there. Nine "just a guy" guys, 5 of them on rosters, 2 likely to play (Frost, Torrence) this weekend.

Ex-Redskin "just a guys"=power rankings.

Posted by: 4-12 | November 11, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

OK. After catching up with this mornings posts, Enough about McMullen. If we put Kelly on IR and sign him, awesome. If not, let me direct you to the following player on our practice squad:

Devin Aromashodu

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2007 Indianapolis Colts 6 1 7 96 13.7 28 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

He played with Campbell in Auburn and has OK hands.

His numbers are comparable. How can this be? Because, like McMullen, he is a marginally talented WR. If not for a run of injuries at the WR position this season, McMullen would not be trying out with anyone.

I'm becoming annoyed with the perpetual fixation on:

1) The draft
2) Mason
3) McMullen/Mix
4) Leigh Torrence
5) Punters no longer kicking for us.

It's freaking Dallas week. Portis is hurt. We signed a potentially game-breaking CB/PR. We are fighting neck and neck with 3 teams in the NFC South and two teams in the NFC East for a wild-card berth at the moment, despite a far-better-than-expected 6-3 start. Yet little discussion about these things or anything else I don't know about, because they aren't being reported/discussed.

How about something else people? I mean everyone, from LaConfora to the RI blog peeps. New Subject, please.

Posted by: AppleScience | November 11, 2008 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Nice stuff 4-12.

Posted by: Gweez | November 11, 2008 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: AppleScience | November 11, 2008 11:25 AM |

New subject:

How do you pronounce "Aromashadu"? And what does it mean in what language? It's not Irish, that's for sure.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 11, 2008 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Fearless prediction: Redskins 24, Cowboys 20.

And the Skins get help from Balmer as they topple the Jints in the Meadowlands.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 11, 2008 11:35 AM | Report abuse

You're right about piling up hits for Jason's blog! Pretty stupid on my part when I think about it!
You're wrong about "wanting" his job! I have no interest in being a biased, hated by the team I'm covering, journalist with a Napelon complex!

Posted by: Lacantwrite | November 11, 2008 11:38 AM | Report abuse

-------------------------

I'll take his job. I know 'Skins history first-hand going back to Jack Pardee and more importantly, I'm a superior scribe.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | November 11, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

so you are now pwned.
Posted by: TheTruth11 | November 11, 2008 11:03 AM | Report abuse
First it was "owned" now it's "Pwned" You nerds crack me up.
Posted by: Gweez | November 11, 2008 11:06 AM |

I was always wandering why peeps wrote this. So, the geeks have been outed, eh?

Posted by: 4thFloor | November 11, 2008 11:41 AM | Report abuse

No body wants to talk some D, cmon if your done b-tchin about JLC or b-tchin about b-tchin about Jlc they why not discuss some football, i think their secondary is weak as well noted through out the year so how do we beat them?

Posted by: Stu27 | November 11, 2008 11:43 AM | Report abuse

The article on Lavar was in Sunday's Washington Times. The article stated that Lavar did not get along with Gibbs OR with Joe Pa when he was at Penn State. Lavar says he has forgiven Gregg Williams (and thinks they would not have had a problem with each other if not for interference from the front office) and has even forgiven Dale Lindsey. Lavar said he has tried to make amends with Snyder but that Snyder has not been very open to that - said he thinks Snyder is "scared of him."

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 11, 2008 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Stu, I'm counting on their WHOLE D to be weak, as I've got CP and Santana on my fantasy team.

But Apple Science is right. No more transactions at the bottom of the roster, no more JLC sucks/JLC rules battles...IT'S DALLAS WEEK! Let's get geared up for this!

Posted by: brownwood26 | November 11, 2008 11:48 AM | Report abuse

brown/app, agreed.

I think passing yards can be had on this team. That being said, I think they're going to try and throw the kitchen sink at JC, similar to what Pitt did, only problem is that they don't have NEAR the talent that Pitt does at LB.

Wonder who replaces Montgomery in the DL rotation?? Might Evans slide inside more, and could Rob Jackson be activated this game??

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 11, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse